Buildertrend

Eine bessere Art und Weise.

(1.587)

Sortieren nach

Jack

Welcome into the 21st Century

Bewertet am 17.2.2020

9/10, I haven't had any major problems with the software. Theres not too many glitches, and like I said prior if you put the effort into it, it is 100% worth it. No question. Not only that but you have a great support team to back you up, whether you're a techy or not they can really shed some light.

Phenomenal Software, it should replace everything that a construction company uses. I get that some dont like moving forward to tech, but once you actually put the work into BT to use it, it makes everything so much faster and coordination is top-notch. The fact we can give homeowners access to see whats going on construction wise saves us time and stress. We generally dont need to communicate basic things to them, they can see it for themselves!

The selections software is still a little bit limited, takes hours of work. Some sort of master template to feed everything would be amazing if it could be implemented in the future. Also the loading glitch, and how I have to "click X" to search another property. Can make going through several properties fast to a chore since it has to refresh so many times.

Antwort von Buildertrend Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Jack, thank you so much for your review and feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to do this. And I'll be sure to pass your feedback along to our Product team.

Jen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

There are a lot of kinks that need worked out

Bewertet am 20.6.2019

Job costing has been more accurate than using spreadsheets (As long as people bring me receipts and clock in to the correct job, which has been a challenge). Customer communication has improved, and thus, customer satisfaction has improved.

I like the sense of security it provides to our customers since they can log in and see how their job is doing.

It does everything, but it doesn't do everything WELL. For instance, it does time tracking and GPS tracking.... but it only tells us where our guys are when they clock in and out. It doesn't give us a map of where they went the whole time like T-sheets did, so we have no way of knowing if someone went to the job site, clocked in and then left. It sync's to Quickbooks for payroll, but not correctly. It sends over all of the guys time as Regular time. I have to manually input their hours if I want to pay them for their overtime. It has this Buildertrend Flat Rate Code that nobody can edit or delete and it causes a lot of problems for us. The list goes on..... Whenever I ask them if they can help, I'm told, "Well it doesn't have that feature." Then I ask if they can put in a tech request, but they go on telling me how I should do it online, it will be more effective. That's not right. They should be able to put in a tech request for me and have it be just as effective as if I did it online.

Rick
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Feedback on current satisfaction with BT

Bewertet am 14.6.2019

We are trying to run most of our construction business on BT, and use many parts of it, however the more we use the more we find things that are not very flexible, and of course if I can't resolve an issue when it arises it costs me much more time to deal with it once you folks are back working...

It does seem to have considerable functionality... some of which has been very helpful to us

Where to start. Response time is slow, even when I am connected to fibre. Some of the functionality is hard to use.. For example we are using the leads features, but it seems like we need many clicks to get a decent summary of a lead.... The window where activity is stored is very small...and does not seem expandable... so we can only see 2 or 3 lines of the data at a time....ie no ability to enlarge the window.
Next, I have enrolled in the credit card payments...and was helped initially by a BT specialist....but then was handed off to Wepay. After 2 weeks the account is still not set up. WePay regularly send emails asking me to submit documents I have already submitted.... I do and then the send another email asking for the same documents.... I reply asking to talk to someone...but no one seems interested in talking...only sending confusing emails.....
The hours of the help line seem very limited... As I try to grow my business I need to do considerable admin work after a shift has gone home...but so has buildertrend. Folks on the help line do work hard to resolve issues, but are often not available...for example.... the whole support team seems to be required for the same regular internal meetings... In an ideal world the customer would not have to wait so long for help.

Doug
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Good

Bewertet am 28.10.2022

ok

seemed easy to learn and preform basic tasks

seemed like some holes and glitches in the system, would stall out and have to log out to get back into it

Greg
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great Organizational tool !

Bewertet am 18.6.2019

I love being able to track all purchases and labor against the original proposal. It allows you to learn where you are making money, and where you are losing, so you can adjust from one project to the next. In this way, you can fine tune pricing to be as competitive as possible in the marketplace.

I like the level of customization available in the software, it allows me to detail my proposals, and make them look the way I want, so they stand out from the competition.
Also love the financials feature, and the schedule, so the client always knows what the project balance is, and what is happening next.

To fully utilize the software, there is a lot of data to be entered and updated regularly on a large project, which can take a fair bit of time.

Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate

Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Buildertrend

I liked the format and tools better in Buildertrend, and was impressed at how responsive the Buildertrend development team was to changes and updates.
Christopher
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great versatility for GC and also useful for an architectural drafter

Bewertet am 13.6.2019

We are able to keep track of more jobs easier with Buildertrend. Our production volume was at our limit before searching for online databases and project management software; with Buildertrend we have been able to make our business work significantly more smoothly, and we have information at our fingertips which in the past was like finding a needle in a haystack.

Buildertrend is a wonderful way to keep track of what is going on. This includes scheduling; creating, recording and sending documentation; organizing projects neatly; and staying aware of finances. It also has a very helpful Leads section, which helps me keep track of prospects from the earliest stage of when I become aware of them. In a word, I would say I appreciate most the organization which Buildertrend offers.

To be succinct, the user interface (UI) is decent but could use some improvement. The Files section in particular could use some work. I would like it to be versatile and able to navigate easily. An example of improved versatility is being able to access information in a simpler and faster way, such as Windows Explorer offers in how I see and can analyze various folders and files. An example of easy navigation is being able to tile multiple view windows so I can compare file locations across multiple Jobs to keep similar file types in the same locations, and so I could ensure my folders all have identical names across multiple Jobs

Procore und WorkflowMax

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Buildertrend

It best fit the size of our business as well as offered the precise functions and volume we needed.

Antwort von Buildertrend Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Christopher, thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback and review! I have passed your suggestions along to our Product team.

Ed

A great Project Management and Communication Platform

Bewertet am 13.6.2019

My overall experience with Buildertrend has been positive. I run a small homebuilding company, and this tool has allowed me to organize my workflow and communicate with my customers and my sub-contractors efficiently. The iPhone App works great, and Buildertrend allows unlimited storage so I can upload all my pictures into one place for my records. Great Platform! I can't say enough about my Coach and Buildertrend University. Exceptional experience as well!

I like that it is easy to use. I also LOVE the iPhone app. Once everything has been loaded, I can send large files, communicate effectively, and raise the efficiency of my team and sub-contractors. I also Love the ability to template a project for easy set up of a new project!

When building significant line item estimates, the browser page has to refresh each time as you switch from the budget tab to the estimate tab. Even with a fast connection, it takes a bit of time to update. Not a big complaint since you can upload a spreadsheet from excel for the initial set up.

Warum Buildertrend gewählt wurde

At the time that I switched, the other product did not have a native app, so it was like a glorified web browser on my smartphone. That was the main reason why I switched to BuilderTrend.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Buildertrend

I chose Buildertrend ultimately because of the price, the overall value, and most of all, since they had a great iPhone App. The platform has evolved and has gotten much better and more organized. The pace of the added features and improvements will keep me coming back as a satisfied customer.
Melody

Bewertet am 17.2.2020

We do not have a "main office" so it is very difficult to have one central place where all information is kept. This software solved that problem, multiple users can look at the same file at the same time to discuss things.

This software is VERY user friendly no matter what your computer skill level may be. The online tutorials are great and a huge time saver if you are unsure what to do. The customer support staff, should you need them, is always very quick to respond and explains how to execute your task. We were fortunate to have a two day training session with our representatives and that was priceless. Our subs and vendors are able to access our system so it really cuts down on paperwork flow and we know they are seeing the most up to date information on each project. We did have some special needs in our company to tweak things a bit and that was never a problem.

Nothing really, it just takes time to get use to how it flows and again, any question that I did not think of until I dove in feet first, I just emailed or called customer support and got my answers right away.

Antwort von Buildertrend Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Melody, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We truly appreciate your kind words and feedback.

Kris
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Buildertrend is simple to use

Bewertet am 13.6.2019

Buildertrend is super simple for even the lowest tech person. It keeps all our data in one place that all employees can see. Communication is so much better with this product!

Only one complaint - There's no way for the users to record their lunch break so that we can conform to CA regulations, also there's not a way that I know of for the employee to electronically submit their timesheet info with a signature

Warum Buildertrend gewählt wurde

Pro Est was so hard to set up and keep maintained. Also didn't offer barely any functionality except estimating.

ProEst

Cost

Antwort von Buildertrend Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

We appreciate your review and feedback, Kris! I have passed your suggestions about the lunch break and electronic signatures for timesheet info on to our Product team.

Nathan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Taking the stress out of Managing

Bewertet am 10.2.2020

We had 5 programs that we were using to manage the projects. BT was able to reduce us down to 1. Overall its been a great program to use and it has helped us stay on schedule. It helps clients know where they are at and how much they owe. It helps us know if something has been billed/invoiced and helps us manage change orders. Great Program. Phone app is great also.

It covers all the aspects of managing a job; from when the lead is created, to when the job is done. It gives you the power to customize, to a point, the program to fit your company and allows you to make changes on the fly. We keep up on the schedule daily but the schedule keeps our jobs running smooth. The time-clock is top notch and it communicates with QuickBooks. Overall, its the whole package and it all is two thumbs up.

The ability to customize certain things, like tabs or change the wording. All other items Builder Trend fixes as we bring them to their attention.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Buildertrend

We felt BT would be easier for our clients to use and navigate.
Stephanie

Great Customizable Software

Bewertet am 14.6.2019

Prior to Buildertrend, we had to use three programs to manage our jobs and purchase orders, now we just use Buildertrend. We are saving time and are able to keep everything in one spot!

I love that buildertrend is so customizable. The software was able to be tailored for our specific needs while many of the other programs we looked at were not. The purchase order feature has allowed us to streamline and reduce our expense processing time. The app works well for our field operations and sales reps. Tech support and online chat people are very helpful in quickly answering questions.

Although it's infrequent, we sometimes struggle with internet connections in storm/rural areas and the software does not have an offline mode. I dislike the receive payment feature as you can't record a payment by itself, you do it inside the invoice and although you can receive partial payments, you can record multiple checks in the payment box

ComputerEase und Method CRM

Warum Buildertrend gewählt wurde

Large job management - scheduling multiple scopes for multiple buildings, purchase order management between people in the field and admin, customizable document/photo folder organization

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Buildertrend

The software was customizable and was able to alleviate my pain points with our software and allowed us to reduce the number of programs we were using. The staff was very knowledgeable about their product, and designated me a rep who was familiar with construction and our accounting program for integration.
Trevor

Buildertrend Saves Time and Money

Bewertet am 15.2.2020

Buildertrend has been great so far and we are happy we chose to use this product. Hopefully as some of these new fixes / integrations get worked out the tool will become even more useful for us!

Once set up, there are lots of functions within Buildertrend that save us time (and therefore money). We have found our quoting processes has gone from hours or even days down to under an hour.
Having a dedicated support person help walk you through set up and questions was amazing and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (our guy) is incredibly knowledgable and if he doesn't know the answer he finds it out for you.

The integration with our accounting software, Quickbooks (QB) needs some improvement. It doesn't pass data through correctly nor does data created in QB pass back into Buildertrend very well. So unfortunately trying to get reporting on our true costs on projects still takes manual calculation.
The other major drawback is there really isn't a good automatic tax feature (in Canada) so we essentially have to add a line item for each of our taxes. So if we make changes to estimate values, we need to manually update the tax lines as well.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Buildertrend

Price was actually our deciding factor. Procore looked like it actually had more features / automation that we would use, however the price of Buildertrend compared to procore was going to be quite a bit more.

Antwort von Buildertrend Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Trevor, thank you for your honest review and feedback!

Dan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Your business needs processes!

Bewertet am 4.2.2020

BuilderTrend helped us design and implement a purchase order system that has significantly reduced job profit slippage by getting our trades and suppliers on board with accurate expectations and proposals before the project begins. BuilderTrend purchase orders facilitate the communication that is essential to keeping a project on budget.

BuilderTrend offers a comprehensive approach to managing customer interactions, project development and construction management. Implementing BuilderTrend will help you define processes for the key elements of your business - the processes that help you make the most money!

BuilderTrend integrates with QuickBooks desktop but the interface can be a bit clunky. It does work but requires a bit of patience, as do all things QuickBooks.

Andrew

Robust program-needs refined

Bewertet am 2.7.2019

The schedule keeps jobs on track. The PO process keeps costs in check. The time card keeps man hours job costed.

It provides a solution for managing a construction company

although the program performs many tasks, and even more than we need, it is glitchy and does not provide a smooth experience. When we click on windows to update budgets for instance, the windows flash and reload and resize multiple times. I have tried different browsers and different devices. This is not a user problem, but a problem with the way the data is served up. To perform some routine tasks, there is too many clicks required to get where you need to go. Too many windows and drilling down to get a number changed etc.
Too many places for messages to be hiding. Customers send a message and think we have it, but we have at least three places to check to find the message. Sometimes, messages that come to email cannot be replied to. Very frustrating.
BTW: We used Co construct for a while and liked the flow of the program much better. It ran smoother and was much quicker to get what we needed. It kept the spec sheet in front of the customer and kept good organization of communication. We switched to BT because of job costing and the time card feature, which we now understand are available with CC.
Another huge grind, the budget sheet does not do a good job of showing the running cost on the job and whether we are over or under our budget (variance). Several reports can be created, but none of them do that. We have to export to excel and manipulate it ourselves. Seems like this should be a basic function. CC does this well also. Just sayin' :)

Charielle
  • Branche: Design

Buildertrend is a Game Changer

Bewertet am 20.2.2017

Our team has been using Buildertrend for just over 2 years now and we would be lost without it. It's a no-brainer! The program has given our team a competitive advantage by providing our customers with their own project website, has improved the efficiency in our processes dramatically and has made project management on site incredibly easy. Even after 2 years, I'm still learning about new features that will help our team. The program's unmatched support team, detailed and highly-developed features and complete integration has helped us increase our volume, revenue and profits... It's completely changed the game for Owen Homes.

The included customer service team and support are unmatched. When you're running your business through this program, sometimes you need an immediate answer or need to learn a new feature on the fly and having instant access to those webinars and forums is invaluable.

I also love how detailed and thought through each feature is - it's what made the switch from our old process so easy because they literally thought of everything!

I could go on forever... the custom fields, different types of users and permissions, project templates, sync to Quickbooks... Buildertrend is doing it and doing it well.

Some of the features like selections, financials, and the gantt chart portion of the calendar are definitely more challenging when trying to switch from our current process over to Buildertrend. However, I'm not sure if there is a better way for any of those; I know those will have a learning curve because those are the more difficult parts of the project.

It's hard to come up with cons for the program because I feel a lot of my issues could be resolved by learning more about the feature. I guess I'll leave with a suggestion: maybe emailing or notifying users of the next month's available webinars or reminders to use the resources -- I forgot these existed for about a year, I was just watching the videos available. I would like to see more videos uploaded -- long and short on specific features.

Dave
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great way to track projects

Bewertet am 23.7.2019

Buildertrend has made us look much more organized than we are, since the customer can see the project progress if they’re tech savvy. We are also able to see cost of project and markups as we do proposals.

The best aspect of Buildertrend, would have to be the daily logs and customer ability to follow their daily project progress. Time tracking for employees, lead tracking, customer tracking, ability to sign projects electronically, receive payment online with minimal fees, and communicate with everyone involved with each project.

Buildertrend is a bit convoluted and cumbersome for the small company like myself. Being out on the job physically working to make ends meet due to employee shortages, leaves me with little time for office work. When I do have time for office work, I struggle to find the time needed to enter enough information in BT, to get back what we are paying for it. The more we enter the more we benefit. BT was difficult to learn in some areas of the program, and upgrades sometimes require even more training. We struggle with scheduling, and getting project information to show up on quickbooks.

MarketSharp

Warum Buildertrend gewählt wurde

Added features like time card tracking

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Buildertrend

It seemed to have more options

Antwort von Buildertrend Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Dave, we appreciate you taking the time to give us a review and feedback! Continue to lean on your Buildertrend Coach and our Customer Success team for any help they can provide you.

Cord
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I didn't know what I was missing...

Bewertet am 5.2.2020

I am finding myself being more accurate and detailed with estimates and labor costs. The time clock feature takes a lot of calculating off my shoulders. The scheduling, estimating, change orders, to-do's, daily logs, and PO's/bills features cut my logging time in half and the fact that everything is stored on Buildertrend and that I can make this information visible to clients prevents me from going through repetitive actions to keep people on the same page. Using the cost catalog with cost codes makes for a streamlined process in creating and releasing information to the client, this also keeps an accurate record of activities and makes for a very professional look when showing these documents to clients. I have so much more time in my day to tackle more productive and urgent matters while handling day to day operations for current jobs in a fraction of the time compared to not using Buildertrend.

The live updates in communication with subs and clients makes this software very desirable for my clients. Simplifies the process of communication and keeping people up to date.

For a single person that handles all day to day operations for a company and trying to learn a new software is a challenge. Not necessarily a con but to integrate the software makes for a bigger workload for a couple weeks.

Rick

Bewertet am 9.12.2012

Willet Construction, Remodeling Specialist has been in business for 17 years. Our goal is to give Top Quality Service including Top Quality Craftsmanship. We are a Residential Remodeling Company that will do almost any type of project. We strive to create an enjoyable remodeling experience for our clients, so they will use us again and again.

During the growth of our company, it became apparent we needed a production management system to communicate with our customers and within the company. I became aware of BuilderTrend while being a member of Remodelers Advantage. We had been using our own spreadsheets and calendars for customers project. Our Change Order process was slow and hard to keep up to date. I took a look at 3 different programs, and decided that Builder Trend met the needs we were looking for.

We have been using Builder Trend for exactly 1 year now. We are extremely pleased with how it has improved so many areas of our company. Our customers love the communication system and seem to be able to use it with much ease. The Change Order & Selections process is so wonderful to keep us and the customer up to date.

Using the calendar for the job schedule is so easy and the customers appreciate knowing what will be happening on a day to day basis. We put our payment schedule on the customer calendar so they know when all payments are due. Customers are sending checks exactly on time, sometimes even before we send out an invoice. Cash flow has never been better for our Company due to the customer knowing exactly when to send payments.

Builder Trend has been extremely easy to learn. Technical Support has been extremely quick in responding to our needs. They are very knowledgeable about their product, and usually have answers for our requests immediately. Any time we need training on something, they are quick to set a date and time to cover any information we need.

With the help of Builder Trend, we have grown our volume of completed jobs this year without adding more employees. This has resulted in Willet Const. having it's largest and most profitable year of our 17 year existence. And we hardly ever have any Accounts Receivables that are more than 15 days old.

With the Selections being "Approved" by the customer on line, all the people that have viewing rights know exactly the product being used on each job. This way when our salesperson/designer are on vacation, anybody else in our office can answer questions from subs or customers about a product without having to bother the designer while they are on vacation. That way the job keeps moving smoothly, and our employees can enjoy their vacation without any worry about work going well while they are gone. This is especially nice for myself as the owner to go on vacation and leave work completely behind.

I also like that Builder Trend keeps improving their program. The "Leads" tab is great to know how much potential work we are estimating. And it helps organize our meeting schedule with our potential customer throughout the designing and estimating process.

Wasay
  • Branche: Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt

A Perfect Business Tool.

Bewertet am 6.8.2019

Buildertrend is an integral part of our company, it helps in our company operations from the lead stage to sales and from there onwards to installation & collection stages with a track record of every single day.

- We can upload all project-related documents, photos & videos under the customer folder.
- We can update daily logs, which helps the team members to be on one page.
- To-Dos helps us a lot in completing our task by time.
- The schedule section helps a lot to keep a track record of projects.
- We can send messages to our customers, and other team members can also view it using the global tab.
- Under the financial tab, it gives us various categories which help a lot to our finance team.

- It takes time while loading.
- Daily logs can be edited by any team member without edit history.

Antwort von Buildertrend Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Wasay, thank you so much for taking the time to give us your review! Makes us so happy to hear that our platform is an integral part of YellowLite.

Kim

Excellent

Bewertet am 11.7.2018

I really can't enough about the customer service. They always answer the question I ask. My Customer Success Manager, , is so unbelievable. If every rep I had in my construction was like him, I would have no problems. But, all the other people who answer the phone are great, too. I attended a BTUniversity event, and the event planner, Danielle, for that was amazing, as well. EVERYONE I have ever dealt with (after sales) at BT has the best attitude. They are helpful and lovely and all things good. For those of you who do not know, they have bootstrapped the funding for this company. As a lot of us in construction have done, I find it extremely respectful. The guys who are in charge have done a great job and are very humble coupled with excitement for their business.

This online management system is so great in every way. It is so intuitive to the construction community. I love the ease of scheduling, the ease of selections, having everything in one place for our team, the level of permissions per team member, and the customer support is off the charts - I don't think there's a rating high enough for them. I used a competitor of BT for years, and it's like driving a Tesla compared to a ModelT.

What I like least is that I didn't find it sooner and the sales experience...barf. I get why they sell the way they do, but it's icky. Eventually, I forgot about how gross it was because the customer service is unimaginably great! Don't not sign-up because your sales person lacks authenticity and makes your skin crawl. The experience after is totally worth it.

Antwort von Buildertrend Loyalty Team Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Kim, thank you so much for your great feedback! It was wonderful to meet you at Buildertrend University and we’re so happy you got so much out of our event. We’d love to have you back here in Omaha anytime!

Meredith

Buildertrend is incredible

Bewertet am 4.2.2020

I was hired to incorporate BuilderTrend into our system for our company. I have started at zero in this industry AND with BuilderTrend. Using your computer program has greatly aided in my training of job flow and responsibility. I understand how to keep things moving forward; I get task responsibility and ownership. I feel like I learn a new helpful tip on BT every day. In fact, I wouldn't mind getting an email everyday with a training tip of the day to continue my education.

I have an organized mind. I like to keep things consistent and predictable. In this industry, nothing is consistent or predictable, so having an information base that is reliable and helpful and as organized as my mind is INCREDIBLY HELPFUL. Project managers come at me with all questions at all times and I can have an answer for them in 3 clicks of my mouse. Job status? Material samples? Delays? Change orders? I have it all. I like that as my understanding of this field grows, I will be able to customize and implement BuilderTrend to my liking and my needs.

There is so much to learn! I want to do it all, making our small business more efficient. I don't understand estimating or anything in the financial category. It can do SO MUCH, and I understand very little. It has taken me a long time to learn to make a schedule template that works for me, the difference between daily logs and to dos and scheduling, how change orders should be documented etc. But when I learn how to implement the program I get very excited. I can't wait to share the program with my colleagues and transform our job flow.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Buildertrend

My colleagues really hate Procore.
Matthew

Excellent Option for Construction Project Management

Bewertet am 20.6.2019

We started using Builder Trend in July of 17 to help stream line the many projects that we have. Builder Trend has been outstanding in growing with our company. There was a moment in time when several major components where simply not working well and we were considering moving to another System. Builder Trend's staff and development department have resolved all those issues and created a much better product that we will continue to use for years to come.

By far, the best thing about Builder Trend is its people. I have interacted with a lot of the staff and they excel in getting issues resolved.
This Online Software has everything that you need to manage a large variety of construction projects, Vendor/Contractors, and Customers
They continually update their program and it keeps getting better and better
They take great care in listening to their clients when making improvements
You can easily access the system using Desktop, Tablet or phone

They are working to address these issues, but one of the main issues is that it tends to not be as user friendly as other software, there are many times that they use 4-5 steps to accomplish tasks, when 1-2 would be better.
There are several bugs anytime that you use something that is internet based. Some of these issues have been addressed, others (like window scrolling) Still need to be corrected.

Paul

Processes

Bewertet am 24.6.2019

With the implementation of BuilderTrend, we have been able to perform as a company in such an efficient way that I often feel as though I am forgetting something. I think what I mean by that statement is that BuilderTrend has us to organized that my day to day tasks from leads, selections on current jobs, schedules, bids/estimates, and much much more is so streamline, I often feel a void internally like I am missing something. That "thing" that I am missing is stress and confusion.
This is and exceptional tool for us.

The best part about BuilderTrend is that we were able to apply our own processes we have established throughout the 38 years we have been open on a cloud based platform.

BuilderTrend is a very powerful tool. There is nothing about the software I particularly dislike, but I will say that it takes a lot of time to implement and understand the software. There are several areas that need improving/changing, however, the people at BuilderTrend are so quick to adjust. It is amazing

Shannon
  • Branche: Design

Builder Trend works for us, but still has some glitches

Bewertet am 8.9.2016

BuilderTrend had (in theory) everything I needed to make life as a general contractor easy. Everything is all under one software program and seems to interact well with the CRS, accounting and tasks. We have only used it for a month so we're still figuring out all it can do.

Having our own account manager has also been essential. I call him or his team when I need help or assurance that I am using the program correctly. It is helpful to have a live person. It is also helpful that he will send me vids with instructions on how to do things and I keep them flagged so I can refer to them whenever I need.

I'm relatively tech savvy, but the software is easy to use. Having done things manually for so long it has been an adjustment to automation. For example, I am used to downloading documents into different files. BT will file documents and attach them to the job automatically. When I get quotes from subs, they integrated into the budget (once accepted) and I don't have to download and file it independently, then upload the bid to my accounting. Very helpful.

The SAVE function is the weakest part of the program. When saving information on, say a subcontractor contact page, you will be bumped back to the primary page instead of staying on the current location. It's very frustrating. Especially since it will not automatically save during any function so if for some reason you leave the page or tab elsewhere, all your work is lost. Being a cloud-based program, I would hope a future update includes the auto-save feature so the save button is duplicative instead of mandatory.

Charles

After 2 years with BuilderTrend

Bewertet am 27.6.2019

Better integration, management, and control of our business. Glad that we made the jump to invest in BuilderTrend, and plan to continue using their platform.

It ties together all the functions we needed for our Design-Build Remodeling Company. It organizes and backs up important communication. It links to Quick Books for accounting. It provides an owner portal to help clients stay informed. Good help videos. Good marketing tools and tracking. New reports feature was needed.

Overall, the package offers everything we need and integrates well. The user interface is moderately easy to use, buy requires a lot of extra mouse clicks at times.

For us, the most important aspect has been the customer service. This was excellent when we first signed on and needed the most help to understand the software and get it set up for our business. However, even though we need less help now that we have experience with the software, the quality of the customer service (i.e. technical assistance) has declined. We can rarely get our account rep on the first call. Sometimes callbacks take more than an hour... sometimes someone else will pick right up. The level of customer service isn't bad... it just isn't as good as it was.