SocialEngine Bewertungen

SocialEngine

Create your own social network

4.7/5 (42 Bewertungen)

Great CMS and Plugins make it even better

Täglich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 24.6.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

SE deserves 5-stars for everything, but it's the 3rd-Party Plugins that give it the 5-star for Features & Functionality. I spent over a year searching, researching, demoing, etc. many many CMS / Community Mgmt/Engagement apps. Although there were a few that were basically tied (for various reasons), it is the wealth of 3rd-Party Plugins that makes SE stand above the rest.

Almost anything you can imagine can be done through existing Plugins (and if not, modifications can easily be made by some excellent devs). There were many Plugins that I have found useful by devs such as SocialEngineExperts, SocialEngineSolutions, Radcodes, Webhive, Hire-Experts, what really sold me on providing the bulk of the functionality I required was SocialEngineAddons.

SocialEngineAddons offers many many Plugins that make SE actually useful for anything other than a very small community. Don't get me wrong, SE does a find job with what it offers, but SEAO is actually the primary reason I went with SE.

Support has been excellent by SE, all of the devs I've worked with, as well as especially SEAO. They always go the extra mile, and start working on tickets immediately. And, like any software, there are times when things are a little more difficult to resolve than other times - and that's where they really shine. They are there and keep working on things until you are satisfied.

So, if you're looking for a good CMS, SE will serve you well. If you're looking for a great CMS, SE is a great engine/back-end that other excellent devs build upon to make it more than you could ever hope for.

Sheesh - where do I start. I guess I'll just keep it simple - SE is a great CMS to start with, and if/when you need to build something there's a wealth of features/functionality in the Plugins that are offered by 3rd-Party devs.

That it's not yet compatible with PHP7, but they are working on it.

Mit Google übersetzen

Social Engine + SocialEngineSolutions = Excellency, The best Platform and the Best Plugins!

Bewertet am 25.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have my Own social media site that I can manage at my will.

I purchase SE License on 2011 Because they really have the best social media Platform on the market, it is very competitive and very easy to customize using the different 3 party developers, I have tried a variety of diferente developers over the years, But since I found out of SocialEngineSolutions and I started working with them, (on my site for the last 3 years) I has made my job so much easier and made my site look so much better using their different plugins, they have very unique and modern way to their different plugins event tough there are already some of the same plugins develop already by different company's I believe they have the best looking and functional plugins, Plus their support team is the best, they always reply super fast and help to solve all of my problems.
I highly recommend them for any job.

No cons so far, why do I need to have any cons... I don't know what to write here I'm just filling up space so that I can post my positive review ;)

Social Engine + SocialEngineAddOns - Score 10/10

Bewertet am 24.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

These ease of use and overall support getting the fragdna project off the ground. I would recommend this software to anyone thinking of using it for their project. I use the SocialEngineAddons plugins which I think are the best and most user friendly out there, these guys are real pro's and support is quick, no waiting around also seem to be a friend bunch willing to put in that extra effort. 10/10

Sometimes when updating plugins I have to re-tweek my custom code, with regular backups it's only a few minutes to fix things. Apart from that very minor issue I have no complaints about SE software or support

Mit Google übersetzen

SocialEngine+SocialEngineAddons - A Terrific Harmony of great plugins with a great platform

Bewertet am 26.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Could build a robust complex Social networking platform within a decent time frame.

Social Engine is a very stable platform with a gamut of features to create your own eco system of social users. SocialEngineAddons are the icing and embellishments on the cake. They make a great team and are suite of products that gel perfectly.

Could use more robust features for business and enterprise companies. A few features like refunds etc in billing could be made in real time and more thoroughly integrated with many more payment gateways.

Wonderfull selection !

Bewertet am 3.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I bought many Plugins from SEAO and felt great. Outstanding features and many of the features developed by SEAO are excellent. Whenever I need support, I get the quick service and perfect resolution of everything that I need, thanks to SEAO for all

Outstanding features and many of the features developed by SEAO are excellent

Some time i have problem with update to new version

Outstanding Plugins and Support

Täglich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 5.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The Social Engine Add-ons team is a pleasure to work with. We've purchased and use almost every plugin they've developed and it's really improved our site and added a lot of functionality. Their support is friendly and always helpful, and they've always helped us resolve any issues very quickly. Would definitely recommend them.

All the plugins I have downloaded from SocialEngineAddOns are brilliant, the plugins are very customizable and I really recommend that to all my friends.

Some prices are high if you compare it with other company's

Excellent Framework!

Bewertet am 3.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Very easy to get setup and manage, and top notch quality!

We were early adopters of this software, so in the beginning there were a few things we would have like to change and add. But currently there are no complaints.

Mit Google übersetzen

Easy creation of the self-branded social network with this tool

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 17.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Establishment of self-branded social network

SocialEngine provides features to establish own branded social network that we can customize in every way. There are a number of plugins by using them we can build a stylish network and share it.
Easy installation and integration with the server as it doesn't need extra items.

Sometimes the compatibility of plugins is an issue as these are developed by third-party software companies.

Mit Google übersetzen

It's okay, but there are better depending on what you're looking for.

Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 20.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

SocialEngine is easy to install, and easy to customize. Most webhosts should be able to host it fairly easily with a basic package, it doesn't require a lot of special server items. It has many 3rd party plugins to customize your site with, and the customer service is reliable and quick.

Every website is going to the larger 'mobile' look, so that takes away some of the uniqueness. It's very expensive, so cost-prohibitive. Basic social network items don't seem to come with the cheapest package. Most things are plugins. If you are coming from another social network, it's hard to adjust to SocialEngine's format and it's clunky to use. Overall, not the most impressive, but serviceable if you just want a custom social network.

6.0/10

Outdated for years

Bewertet am 19.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

The lack of development from the SE developers side requires an extensive use of third parties modules which in many cases are not supported by the official SE platform.

It is amazing the lack of interest of the team working for Social Engine in terms of improving the outdated system and official modules.The Social Engine maybe was a good solution to build your network 5-10 years ago.
These days it's slow,ugly and outdated which can partly be covered by few modules.In general I feel sorry I have ever tried it but when I bought this software there were no many other options available.I wouldn't recommend it mainly because of the time and the recources I have wasted so far.

0.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

Do you want the best then Socialengine is for you.

Bewertet am 26.1.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I own a socialengine website (www.aftertheblacktopends.com) now going on 3 years I have never has any issues that I could not fix myself until recently I moved my website to a new server. I thought I had it under control until it did not work out for me. I opened a Support Ticket and asked for help this is when I found out that Socialengine is the best out there. After some back and forth giving all the information the support staff at socialengine needed, off they went the support staff worked hard on my issue and not once did I get, we cannot fix this issue because it is not our problem. This I have heard from other companies in the past (this is not my first social community software I have used). After a few days, I our website was back up and running faster and smother than ever. If you are looking for a Social community platform Socialengine easily rules the social community platform industry. I have tried others and have not been more impressed than I have been recently with Socialengine It is every bit worth the money as far as I am concerned. Take my past disappointments and advices just go with Socialengine you will not be disappointed

Social Engine + SocialEngineAddOns = TOPTEAM

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 8.6.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This software has to make sure that my customer base is prepared and that my community Nr1. Gets into his niche.

Some plugins are quite complex to figuur out how everything works but by the good support you have always the feeling that you get there. SEAO really knows what they are doing. There is a top team behind SEAO

A perfect match SE and SEAddons

Bewertet am 15.9.2015
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The software Social Engine is well build and works without a hassle . The code is written well and modular so that a big community of developers who are building plugins and mods for the platform are available. One can easily set up a new community with a bunch of functions. We are working with the self-hosted version and one needs to invest some time to make the software work fastly but it is worth the effort.
On our side is the awesome team of SEaddons which is one of the developer teams I mentioned. The have outstanding plugins and themes which we have used since the beginning. Their support is top notch and we have built a long lasting partnership with them. They always have an open ear for our concerns and take our suggestions seriously.
In summary:
Pros: well build, nice code, modular architecture through zend framework, big developer community,
Cons: self-hosted version needs some fine tuning and a powerful server to run on

We would always suggest to go woth the plugins of SEaddons if you are planing to build something more than the next standard social community.

Extremely Satisfied Customer Since 2014

Bewertet am 3.2.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Prior to the summer of 2014, we had researched several companies that provided social networking services. However, Socialengine was the only company that had the ability to provide the entire source code to us as well as many additional Addons and Plugins. After further review we decided to purchase their SE PHP Advanced Plan and it was a great choice. SocialEngine has been there for us every step of the way and they have several methods available when it comes time to do updates and/or upgrades! They are fast, reliable, professional and extremely easy to work with! It's also easy to find 3rd Party entities that build additional Plugins, Addons, Themes or even provide customization.

We can't wait to share with the world what we are creating, but it wouldn't have been possible without the platform we purchased from Socialengine!

Thanks Socialengine!

Excellent Service From Social Engine

Bewertet am 11.2.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I was looking for a 'social network' package to set up my website; after a quick search of the internet I found 'Social Engine'. I took out their 30 day free trial and was so impressed that I purchased the licence at the end of the trial period. I have little to no software programming experience but I found the 'Social Engine' user interface simple to use and well documented. When I have had issues their customer support service always helped to resolve the problems quickly and efficiently. Customer support is free for the first 30 days and then a nominal fee (currently $50) for addition 30 days cover, paid as and when needed. There are free packages out there but if you want to start up a 'serious' website, you need good support and not be fumbling around on forums to find out answers to problems and this is where 'Social Engine' is second to none.

Experience with SocialEngine

Bewertet am 27.2.2015
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have been working with SocialEngines with my project for about seven months now and I have watch my simple idea transform into a possible profitable business. I would like to thank the team for all of the hard work and effect, which was put towards my project. The staff not only assisted with the development of my website but they also provided my company with applications for both android and iOS devices. I would highly recommend this organization with anyone in that is looking for an image change or updating, outdated software at a reasonable prices, expedient timing, and quality customer service. I rate this company a 5 of 5 overall experience.

Antwort von Webligo

Ivory, awesome to hear your building your business with SocialEngine and thanks for the positive review.

Mit Google übersetzen

Program Good? But Great on Greed!

Bewertet am 8.12.2015
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I bought Pro for $700.00 + some add-on's (when I bought this at the time I remembered they had different packages you can choose from + 2 each templates which I payed for ?!) = $1,000, plus some add-on's from SEaddons.com. Free tech support for one month? It did add up fast.

What I am mad about is GREED! Now they want for support is $300.00 (30 days), PRO $500.00 (30 days) & Advance $700.00 for (60 days). Just for your amusement it would cost you $6,000 dollars for one year for support for Pro only! as I read it. So they get you coming and going just to learn it to.

The only FREE VIDEOS is about how to install it. You GREEDY PEOPLE, BE VERY AWARE! of these folks, But I have to stay with them now because I have to much money involved.

Mit Google übersetzen

SocialEngine PHP + SocialEngineAddons = THE ONLY WAY!

Bewertet am 17.12.2015
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

If you buy SocialEngine PHP script by itself, you will soon realize that your creativity will be restricted and muffled. But do not worry! SocialEngineAddons has all the plugins, widgets and themes that will complement your site and actually bring it to life.

Between superior quality of their products and also one of the best Tech Support available up to date for this platform, SocialEngineAddons is the perfect combination, if not mandatory, with your SocialEngine PHP script.

So don't wait any longer and make yourself a favor, buy your SocialEngine PHP script + SocialEngineAddons plugins and themes today. You will not regret it, I promise you!

Thank you SocialEngineAddons for taking my site to the next level!

F.D

Mit Google übersetzen

Fantastic stable platform; very easy to use; brilliant support.

Bewertet am 23.5.2015
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Pros- As a complete beginner, the biggest pro for me is how easy the admin side is; this really is social networking for dummies. The control panel is very well laid out and incredibly easy to follow. I can't emphasise enough how brilliant the support from Socialengine is. They answer tickets very quickly and will do everything in their power to resolve any issues in super quick time.( They even helped me resolve some issues I had with a third party plugin provider)If anyone out there wants to create an online community but is concerned about their lack of tech. knowledge; don't be; this is the platform for you.
Cons- NONE

Antwort von Webligo

Thanks for the great review. We're happy we were able to respond quickly and create a positive interaction.

Socialengine PHP 4 and SocialEngineAddons

Bewertet am 21.8.2015
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I went through a few social networking scripts and installed SE PHP. It works brilliant, no faults! The default is excellent, does what it says and is very user friendly. I have a few 3rd party plugins installed from SocialEnginAddons. I have been testing the software for 3 months now, no faults! The site is now live, we are getting the first few customers in.
This is when you find some "faults" if you can call it that, which are slight adjustments within the software we want. Explained to the their helpdesk.
Their team has a real fast response and the right solution there and then.

Overall: I am very happy with the software, helpdesk and their services. 10 out of 10 for that!

Guys...Keep up to good work !!

Socialengine PHP 4 and SocialEngineAddons

Bewertet am 19.8.2015
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Their team has a real fast response and the right solution there and then.

Guys...Keep up to good work !!

Mit Google übersetzen

SocialEngine support hosts make it easy for "newbies" like me!

Bewertet am 3.11.2015
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I had initially gone with another company, but after 1 week I demanded a refund because of poor customer service and tech support. Then I found SocialEngine and I have never had any delays in response, and always the most thorough, and easy to understand explanations and instructions. Anshu and Shivani are the two main support hosts I have been working with, and they have been very patient with me and my millions of "newbie" questions. smile emoticon I would highly recommend SocialEngine, and in fact I have just purchased another month of tech support to assist me in getting this site launched by Christmas. Thank you guys for all your help. Keep up the good work!

Mit Google übersetzen

Very happy with SE PHP and SocialEngineAddons plugins and support.

Bewertet am 9.9.2015
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have recently purchased SocialEngine PHP and SocialEngineAddOns Plugins Package which includes the free 1 year subscription of 'Plus Plan.' I am very happy with the SE PHP, SEAO plugins and the support I have received from their 'Plus Plan' thus far. My request for help has been been answered fairly quickly and successfully. I hope my relationship with SEAO will be a long-term and mutually successful for both of us. Thank you Natasha and Sandeep, the two individuals who have assisted me so far.

Keep up the excellent work and I am hopeful there will be more plugins that I can use.

Mit Google übersetzen

Great platform to start a social network with

Bewertet am 25.2.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We're using SocialEngine to create a social network where we need to quickly evaluate different aspects, functions and business models. For this purpose, we find that SE fits the bill really well when compared to alternatives such as BuddyPress, PHPFox and other similar solutions.
Pros: Relatively cheap, we own the customizations, mature and lively 3rd party suppliers with modules and themes.
Cons: Developer documentation poor considering this is a development platform as well as a solution.

SE Team Very Responsive

Bewertet am 12.5.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Our team is glad that we selected SE as a platform for our site.

Working with Shivani (SE Product Manager) and associates have been great. They exhibit high level of professionalism and active listening - positively responsive in addressing our needs.

Though my team still have a lot to learn; we are confident that the SE folks will always be there to assist us.

We look forward to a long-term Win-Win business engagement.

Fred C.