SpiraTeam Erfahrungen

Sortieren nach

Kevin
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great product for managing software testing at a great price.

Bewertet am 2.12.2016

SpiraTeam has been a great tool for meeting our Software Quality Testing goals. We use Planning to track our business requirements and trace them to our test cases. We use the Testing section to capture all our test cases and record our test runs. We have started to use the Rapise Test Automation Tool to integrate with SpiraTeam and run our test automation scripts. We use Tracking to document all our test failures and track incidents for our projects. The Dashboard and Reporting sections have been valuable in communicating test progress and results to our project teams. We have been very pleased with the tools use and performance.

All the functionality needed for our Software Quality Testing goals at a great price.

Reporting could be easier to manage and sorting columns by "not" would be valuable - ex. Status = "not" Accepted for Requirements.

Ambrish

Its an awesome prodect from Inflectra for overall project management . Customer support is...

Bewertet am 14.6.2018

Nice features,integration with most of the automation tools,ease of navigation,easy to understand UI,tracking of tasks,version control,access as per roles,easy tracking of all artifacts and easy to understand the mappings with them.

Reporting can be much better.Sometimes some formats throw error while reporting,mostly detailed incident reports fail while attaching images other than jpeg formats.

Christine

I don't know what you mean

Bewertet am 21.1.2010

Gather project mgmt design specs to your program and you will have a killer app---with integration between project management, bug tracking, and QA.

Integration with bug tracking and testing.

It was slow. Clunky interface. You seriously need to consult an agile expert, and implement better project management capability. Need person based detail, assign two engineers to one task, dashboard where you can choose multiple reports for multiple projects display, group tasks under user story/spec--heirarchy, input hours worked per day (auto accumulation instead of manual), and hours left to do estimate, needs better reporting for project managers, drag and drop tasks to iterations, drag and drop work order (your priority field is REALLY criticality---priority is work order. Progress bar should update automatically with hours worked over hours estimated.

Antwort von Inflectra

We are aware of some of the additional features such as time tracking and enhanced personnel resource tracking that are already planned for future versions.
The ability to drag and drop tasks to iterations does exist (we worked with Christine to show her that feature) and the % complete is deliberately not associated to # hours expended as that is a misleading metric if a task was under-estimated to begin with.

Boris
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

SpiraTeam, great potentials, good feature set and excellent support team

Bewertet am 2.12.2016

I believe the fact that I bringing with me the SpiraTeam to the third company I am working for, speaks for itself. In my current company, I was able to replace Jenkins and TestRail with the SpiraTeam. Eliminating an extra tool is always great news for the companies, thank you SpiraTeam!

Great variety of plugins

Limitations for some integrations, Jenkins will be a good example for that.

Antwort von Inflectra

Thanks Boris, we have the page rendering speed, firmly in our sights for the next version.

Neethu
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great product for the Quality Team

Bewertet am 7.4.2021

I have been using this product for almost 10years for my quality team. I really like the product; it is very easy to use, very easy to track team's performance , easy to do requirement traceability ,easy to assign tasks for the team. Overall a great product.

I am satisfied with the features I am using.

Don

High Functionality, Low Price & Responsive Support - It's a Winner!

Bewertet am 28.1.2010

Highly recommended.
Cannot be beaten for functionality and support at the price point. And I've...

Highly recommended.
Cannot be beaten for functionality and support at the price point. And I've looked at many, with over 10 years experience with the big boys !!! Throw away those Word documents and Excel spreadsheets. At this price you can afford this top class software. You'll wonder why you made do with anything less!! And there is a free 30 day trial. That's how we got hooked.

Functionality, Price and Support. What more do you need in a Test Management Tool? And it has integration with other tools and test automation.
SpiraTeam was trialled over three major projects and was enthusiastically accepted by both the IT group and the Business Areas doing UAT with absolutely minimal training. SpiraTeam provides a high level of functionality at an extremely affordable price point. I was extremely pleased with the responsiveness of Inflectra to every issue and suggestion I raised.
When you're sitting in a meeting with SpiraTeam users discussing incident reports from one of the trial projects, and the Director turns to you and says..."give me the quote...we need SpiraTeam" you know the product is doing the job for both test process improvement and management reporting. A winner for all !!

Oracle support (but it is on the way).
Greater email support ( such as broadcast notification to all SpiraTeam users)- but that is on the way too.

Doug

SpiraTeam an easy implementation and Great Customer Support

Bewertet am 5.3.2014

As a QA Manager I've worked with many defect tracking systems and ALM tools including TFS and HP QC\ALM. SpiraTeam is quick to implement and easy to work with. The key is mapping out your hierarchy and workflows for the project or all your projects if you're creating a template. This makes creating future projects a snap. The ease and flexibility of creating a custom Issue workflow was also key to a quick implementation. SpiraTeam has good basic functionality covering the different SDLC artifacts Issues, Requirements, Test Management, Releases, etc... There may be some features higher tiered ALM tools may have, but if they're not must haves for your team then SpiraTeam is the way to go.

I've worked with the Inflectra Support team on easy and very complex issues. They've been very responsive on their communication and followups. They're always a joy to work with.

Easy and Quick Implementation
Ease of use througout
Pricing
Good overall functionality across the board for all SDLC Artifacts, not just Defect Tracking
Integration to third party software
Great Customer Support
Importing of artifacts is easy

Limited flexibility of controlling location of the fields on each screen
Reports are a bit cumbersome
Making Global Changes that would impact multiple projects in progress
Linking Artifacts across projects for cross functionality

Lawrence

Great feature set at any price - yet at the best price!

Bewertet am 11.12.2009

SpiraTeam from Inflectra was inexpensive enough for us to use when our QA efforts were first launching as well as feature rich enough now that we have dozens of testers, analysts, and developers involved. We plan to bring on a test automation tool next year (QuickTest Pro, SmarteScript, or TestComplete) and SpiraTeam came with the hooks built in. In fact, SpiraTeam has a number of extra features built in that may make it even more useful to us over time; such as Project & Requirements Management. Their sales and support team have been invaluable in helping us understand how to use their software and even how to best test our software as well. They are flexible and very fast to respond (even after we bought) Their pricing model makes sense for the initial purchase and the annual maintenance. Simply put, Im sold. Its too tough to justify a competing product, no matter how popular, at tens of thousands of dollars more.

SpiraTeam is an incredible value. Its feature set rivals competitors that are literally 10 times the cost. It has provided all the test case management that we need & the sales/support team has been immediately responsive to every question we've had.

The only challenge we've had with SpiraTeam is the "team" part. It isn't quite as graceful as we'd like for using a team of testers to execute tests. They came up with a solution so it's not a show stopper but I hope it improves with the next release.

Walter
  • Branche: Militär
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

SpiraTeam Review

Bewertet am 14.12.2016

I am an engineering contractor performing both SW development and SW qa work. I have convinced my last 3 employers to use Spirateam to help with project management and automation testing.

1) great value for the money
2) flexibility
3) can help track all aspects of a project

I am still on version 4, so it may be that some of these are handled by v5

1) not tied in well enough with build systems
2) no test scheduling support supplied for linux systems
3) no simple way to tell which automated hosts are currently being used for automated testing. Should be some GUI screen that provides a single look at whats being scheduled and to what host.

John
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great value and great support

Bewertet am 11.9.2017

Feature set for the price compared to competing products. Flexible licensing. Very good support from the company.

Very occasionally can be slow, for no apparent reason. Validation against AD can be difficult to setup.

Galina

Easy to use ALM tool at an affordable price

Bewertet am 29.4.2013

We’ve been using SpiraTeam for test management for almost a year and already implemented 2 projects with it. User experience is great, since SpiraTeam is a lightweight tool and we hadn’t had any experience with such a tool before adopting SpiraTeam. The most value it adds to our test management process and to the company in general is that all test cases and test results are stored in a single repository, both manual and automated, and it is very easy to organize and find test cases or retrieve test results using filters. We find particularly useful the options for test case re-use (linked test cases), separating test cases from test data (parameters), using test sets as containers for test cases, and using custom fields. We are eager to also adopt the other modules, especially incident management and requirements management, to benefit from the traceability between all the different artifacts we manage. And yes, it is very important that all of this comes at an affordable price with really exclusive customer support - we purchased the Enterprise Edition and have no problems whatsoever with the number of concurrent users. We expect future releases of SpiraTeam to include customizable workflows for the other artifacts, not only for incidents, as well as enhanced search.

waleed

Good web based tool

Bewertet am 14.2.2010

VERY good for its price !

VERY good for its price !

Very good clean work .
Having planing + test cases tracking + issue tracking in one integrated solution is great. It worth every penny of its price.

Requirements ,and Releases features are fair.
Test Cases and Runs features are very good.
Incidents features are good.
Tasks features are only basic.
Some suggestions:-
1-Need to enable multiple resources assignment for tasks.
2-It will be great to submit time in a weekly time sheet view. with resource tasks as rows and days as columns.
3- It will be nice to enable the user to choose a distinct color for each status in the incidents workflow definition. so he/she can easily recognize it in the grid.
4- In the Requirement screens, it will be nice to make the colored inductors for testing and tasks "click-able" linking to the corresponding test cases or tasks

Julien

Complete, flexible and intelligent software for managing entire software development life cycle

Bewertet am 9.12.2010

Strongly recommend it, it provides much more functionality than expected, and the support team is awesome!

- Allows to manage the entire life cycle of software, from requirements to test cases and bugs
- The price is much inferior than other similar products (HP Quality center)
- Allows to manage release numbers, schedule and assign tasks
- Support team really nice and reactive
- Many update patchs, product is constantly evolving
- Possibility of defining custom workflows for incidents

- A bit slow sometimes, maybe because we have installed it on our company server
- The associations between requirements, test cases, incidents, and code version could be easier to use
- Some difficulties to attach big files

Peter
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

My contacts with Inflectra can only be reviewed at 5-star at the moment

Bewertet am 27.10.2017

A very good tool for my QA skill set

A very good tool for my QA skill set

Integration of all tools, open interfaces, online access from anywhere => to showcase example business cases to my customers, ease of use,

It would be good to have the possibility to create own reports, that can be used as official QA-Reports... every customer has his own QA-Reporting requirements
(...but maybe I haven't found it yet...)

Russell

WASTE OF TIME AND WORSE, "MONEY"

Bewertet am 8.1.2014

I can expect better from a open source project, and that would be free. This is quite literally the most dysfunctional piece of software that I have ever had to deal with.
API is buggy, bulky, and non-intuitive.
Copy then paste is broken
Custom properties are very limited
no reporting tools to search test runs based off of custom properties Vs permutations of properties..
etc.....
etc.

Your better off implementing your own MySQL database with it's own web front end.

Antwort von Inflectra

We're sorry that Russell doesn't like SpiraTeam, however we're surprised by his comments because his company has been using it for the past 4 years and renewed it as recently as 3 days ago (January 4th, 2014).

We recommend customers take a trial version and try it out for themselves...

Greg

SpiraTeam is a Feature-Rich Product with Incredible Technical Support

Bewertet am 11.3.2010

I would absolutely recommend the product to others who are looking for a easy to use, feature-rich, well-supported, and low-cost solution.

[Note: I can act as a referral on my own accord, but cannot endorse any product on behalf of SAIC.]

- Easy to install and use. Out of the box, the package just works, no hassles.

- Documentation is *extremely* well done, in all areas: Comprehensiveness, organization, layout, technical content, language and grammar, clarity.

- Technical support is incredibly responsive and helpful; extremely knowledgable; and goes above and beyond what is required.

I cannot think of any cons.

Jim
Jim
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Best Value Alternative to the Big Bloated Beasts

Bewertet am 30.1.2015

This is a great suite for managing the application development life cycle. Very competitive in features and functions. This suite is just as good, if not better than IBM's or HP's suites. I've now worked with all three and can easily recommend this for all but the most complex and complicated organizations. I'm using the SaaS version and it works great. Gartner positions this in the niche-players section of its magic quadrant when it should be in the Leaders section, far above and to the right of the others!

Functionality
Reasonable Documentation
Customer Service
Pricing

None discovered yet

jus

Excellent Value

Bewertet am 9.2.2011

Our web search found a large spectrum of requirements traceability tools from do-it-yourself spreadsheet templates to enterprise class installations that were far out of our price range. SpiraTeam was a great find in that it exceeded our needs and was very affordable offering great value. It's quickly become the focal point of our project implementation activities.

- Affordable
- Ease of installation
- Has all the functionality we were looking for, primaily reguirements traceability and testing.

- had a bit of difficulty with JIRA sync but have since decided not to integrate the two.

Boris

SpiraTeam

Bewertet am 11.3.2015

Pros:
Great integration story with variety of third party tools.
Strong customization capabilitie...

Pros:
Great integration story with variety of third party tools.
Strong customization capabilities
Availability of all key components

Cons:
Reports don't have enough graphical representations.
Limited and not very intuitive customization of the reports.
Some painful flows in the integration with very popular tool on the market: Jira.

Antwort von Inflectra

Thanks for the feedback, we are aware of the JIRA integration piece and we are going to be releasing a direct cloud connect option in the very near future for customers where both tools are cloud-based.

Christian

Bewertet am 8.1.2009

As a small organizatio but with a multi million dollars software project to manage, we were looking for an affordable solution in order to manage our requirements, define and follow-up test plans. We had also to integrate it with Jira, the bug tracking software used by our subcontractor. We have been very satisfied with SpiraTeam: easy to implement, easy to use, well documented. Inflectra delivers a very fast and impressive support, even to a French customer !

Price
Functionalities
Outstanding support

Some functionalities could be added but SpiraTeam is definitevely worth its price

Obaidur

Can't beat the awesome customer support

Bewertet am 28.12.2011

i would highly recommend this product as QA/ requirement management tool.

i would highly recommend this product as QA/ requirement management tool.

Inflectra customer support team provides the best customer support in the software industry. It is simply uncompareable. Can't thank Mike and Adam enoguh for their support. The team is very rich in knowledge and can answer or solve any problem that i come accross.

Sometime upgrade and patch installation is bit confusing.

Neil
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Flexibility

Bewertet am 6.10.2020

Good support. Flexibility excellent. We are supporting some clients in their implementation.

You are able to configure almost anything. This allowed us to generate reports and screens appropriate to two clients.

Some names of fields seem contrived and not everything is in the expected place. But these will be transient problems.

Jagatha

Spira Team Review

Bewertet am 14.7.2010

I would strongly recommend this product.

I would strongly recommend this product.

This seems to be one tool that could replace several different tools that we have.

Also, this is one centralized location for various teams to look into the status of the projects.

I have some questions. Once I figure out if the tool can do that or not, I might be able to answer this better.

Fermin

Outstanding Software and Support

Bewertet am 18.6.2013

Would recommend to other organizations

Would recommend to other organizations

Easy to deploy and use. The benefits of having an importer from quality center to spira team makes it easier to bring in all of your projects.

Make it FIPS compliant and you can attain a greater government audience

Neeraj

Very good keep up the great work you guys are doing.

Bewertet am 11.6.2009

Very good keep up the great work you guys are doing including development team, customer support(Adam stand out in his response) very positive team.

You are have a good customer support which really speaks a volume about your commitment toward product.

If i find one let you know.