Shoeboxed for Quickbooks Bewertungen

Shoeboxed for Quickbooks

Wandle Belege ohne manuelle Dateneingabe in QuickBooks-Transaktionen um.

4.3/5 (191 Bewertungen)
Mit Google übersetzen

Great foundation for receipt and document management, but needs additional development.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The ease of importing receipts is excellent. Being able to stuff receipts and documents into an envelope weekly or bi-weekly and just watch them magically show up in a file management system is great. The email inbox sync, drag and drop from desktop, and manual email submission are all excellent, easy to use submission formats as well. I think what this app needs to take file submission to the next level is a desktop app that would allow the user to view and manage files, but also has a print driver that would allow the user to print forms and reports directly into Shoeboxed from other programs. We save a lot of reports from Quickbooks and other software and instead of printing to PDF, creating a file on the desktop, and dragging it into the uploader, it would save hours per month to be able to print directly to a Shoeboxed desktop app.

I only have two real complaints about the product--one is about the function of the product itself and one is about access to customer service.

There needs to be more control over file management. Right now all receipts get uploaded to a giant pool of receipts which can be sorted by date, name, drilled down by category/tag, but I really want to be able to put those receipts into folders, particularly by year or even month. In the buys season we can have a few hundred receipts per month, many from the same handful of vendors. If I need to go back and look for a receipt in a giant mess of 3 years worth of receipts from a particular vendor, I'm not going to have a very good day. Giving me more control over organization of my files would address that issue. Control over deleting default receipt categories is also a must have that is currently unavailable.

My other qualm is that they have links to a live chat all over their help page, however live chat is almost never available. I usually have a simple question that would have a simple answer, but when live chat is unavailable (always) I have to email and wait 1-2 days for a response. My feeling is that if you are going to target the US market, your support staff should have a shift running during US business hours. I will say that phone support is great and very attentive, but I don't always want to make a phone call for a simple question about where I can find a function or how to do something simple.

Amazing customer service by CRM

Bewertet am 3.2.2017
Quelle der Bewertung

I'm a freelance illustrator (self-employed/small business) and way behind on taxes (have been delaying b/c of my lack of organization). I have years and years of receipts saved up in shoeboxes/chest of drawers that I have to pile through. I spent a few hours researching the best app to use to do this. After downloading a lot of software, I finally settled on SHOEBOXED. I'm going to slowly pile through my receipt (snapping photos of them) and find my write offs. The images are organized by the company and are searchable (in case you ever get audited). You can even just mail them your receipts (that doesn't work for me as well b/c I have to find my write offs). But going forward I'll probably use that service as well. None of these reasons are why I'm actually leaving this review (see Pros below).

Having just downloaded the app on my phone I still had some questions about the functionality of the app and its service (are the receipts searchable...how so? ...how are they organized?). I decided to call...low and behold someone answered. I can't tell you how helpful CRM was on the phone. He spoke clearly and answered my random (and very specific) questions concisely. He helped me find which package was best for me and my situation (thousands of receipts piled up for years) ...without hard selling me on anything. I hadn't even signed up for the service officially yet and he sent a quick follow-up email. It was a very calming experience in the stressful situation that is my tax headache. If any higher ups are reading this... I'd recommend giving CRM a big fat raise, but don't promote him to your department ...unless you want to be working for him soon. I'm seriously impressed that I could download a very functional/helpful phone app and a few minutes later be able to call and talk to an actual service representative with no hold, no dial tone button pressing, who was completely knowledgeable about the product he was supporting. My entire field is full of self-employed workers and I'll be recommending this product to every single one because of the experience I had with the app and the customer service.

The only way to sign in to leave this review was through LinkedIn...a site I haven't used in 8 years (and was attached to old email accounts/password) and frankly...annoyed me with all their updates/emails. BUT, the customer service experience was so good...I'll eat the next 8 years of annoying Linkin update emails...hopefully they don't get hacked again (didn't that happen like 5 years ago).

Mit Google übersetzen

Super easy to use. One little annoyance.

Bewertet am 15.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, I was looking for a way to stop keeping receipts in a literal shoebox in my filing cabinet. This fit the bill. Ultimately, I used the mail-in service only once, and the app occasionally. My primary usage was for digital receipts. Because of my minor annoyance with forwarding emails, I do think the app is mostly useful for those with paper receipts, so I would probably only highly recommend it for that purpose.

The ease of use is probably the highest pro of this software. Simply forward emails to your dedicated shoeboxed email address, and that's it. For me, it became a habit. Pay for something online, and the next time I check my email I simply forward the payment receipt to Shoeboxed. I like having everything in one place (Shoeboxed dashboard), easy to view and search. When you need to, you can export spreadsheets broken down by category when you need to review your expenses or pass it on to the accountant at tax time. I don't have a lot of paper receipts, but when necessary, just snap a photo in the app, categorize it, and done.

When using the email option, every single receipt is (I believe) reviewed and categorized by a real human being. This means I have to trust that they are categorizing things properly. Unfortunately, I encountered a pretty frequent problem of my receipts being mislabeled. When I logged into my dashboard to review recent submissions, I would commonly encounter receipts labeled as being from MY company instead of the company that I had paid. I deduced this was likely happening due to my email signature being automatically appended at the top of all forwards, so I simply started erasing my signature before forwarding. Annoying to have to do so, but it fixed the problem. But to me that seems to indicate that they are either rushing through or not paying attention (I'm clearly forwarding from my company email -- why would I be paying myself?).

Mit Google übersetzen

Shoeboxed has helped cut down cost, time, and errors associated with tracking employees' purchases!

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Time and cost effectiveness!

I love that Shoeboxed is so simple, it took me less than 5 minutes to understand the entire process and all the features. Uploading is so easy, and I know that my information will be digitized correctly because every receipt is human verified--so I don't have to spend time double-checking. Shoeboxed also makes finding a specific receipt easy by allowing the user to search by date, vendor, category, payment method--and more! Since using this software, my company has seen a significant decrease in the amount of lost receipts, unapproved employee purchases, and time wasted by administrators compiling monthly credit card reports.

There are a few functionality/user friendliness issues, albeit very minor. First, we've noticed that the iPhone app is better quality than the Android one. There are more features available (like creating and choosing custom receipt categories), the design looks more modern, and editing is easier. Second, when on the desktop website, selecting multiple receipts over a long stretch of time can be a hassle because it will not allow you to combine selections on different pages. For example, I cannot make a report that contains newer receipts and more than 100 receipts ago, because that would require me to move to page 2, and my previous selections would be lost. Lastly, I feel like my price of a month is a little steep for only having one user and less than 50 receipts a month.

7.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

easy to use - one of the apps i use the most

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Exactly what it was created for - to organize my business receipts. This app has changed how i operate on field projects. Could not live without it!!

The flexibility to mail in receipts, scan with iPhone or email in as attachment combined with the auto classification is what puts you guys ahead of the rest. Expense reports are great but could use some additional features - i discuss some below in the Cons section.

As it stands now the Expense Report creation is not great.

would be great to be able to have more filter options for creating expense reports. If you could search by notes that you add when scanning receipts with mobile app it would be a HUGE help.

I run multiple projects at a time so using dates to sort receipts for expense reports does not help me out much. I still have to drill in and manually filter out non-relevant receipts.

Would be great if you could create expense report templates on a project by project basis that could be configured auto run.

Mit Google übersetzen

Been using the service for years. Highly recommend!

Easy for tax time

The service is super easy with prepaid envelopes that you can return anytime you want. I keep one in the house and one in the car so that I can put receipts in immediately and just pop them in the mail every few weeks. You also have a specific email address that you can email receipts too as well for online orders or if you prefer to scan them in yourself. Come tax time everything is categorized and ready to go! And if I ever need a receipt for anything (returns, warranties, etc.) it takes just a few minutes to track down!

The price is a little high for the service and I wish the turnaround time was slightly faster. I can expect my receipts to be uploaded about 10 days after I send them off (which is probably 4-5 days from when they are received).

Mit Google übersetzen

Generally works very well to populate images of my mileage and expenses to a spreadsheet

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Easy to post expenses by taking snapshot of receipt, categorize and save it with image available to download or just print an image of all receipts. It's a snap. Same goes for logging actual mileage -- although sometimes the software chooses the "shortest" route.

1) Should be able to convert and save all images as a PDF. Could store on my phone...but photos take up WAY TOO MUCH SPACE! 2) If youre not careful those images could end up being shared by social media... 3) Sometimes shortest timewise routes are not ones assumed by software which are miles longer 4) Online functionality of software to pull up reports can be a little slow and clunky 5) Would like to know how to set up a second user with the same firm -- as I don't want to pay an additional fee.

The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread

Bewertet am 15.9.2017
Quelle der Bewertung

Maybe there are other solutions out there that compete, but I haven't found them. Shoeboxed has been my go to application for a couple years now and I tell everyone about them. It's the simplest concept that I cannot live without. You take pictures of your receipts and it directly imports them into my accounting software. It let's you know in the phone app when it cannot read certain data but otherwise it's pretty dependable. I cannot live without this app.

I get an email with each submission so I know it went through. I can categorize receipts and even add notes when I submit. The pictures are always saved.

Sometimes it does the wrong date or wrong amount but it's rare. working with email receipts can sometimes be annoying.

Mit Google übersetzen

I am Europe based and I was a subscriber for a year. I used it for my small e-commerce business.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Simple management of invoices, receipts, all in one place and accessible from everywhere.

I like the idea of having all my invoices, payments, receipts, etc, stored in one safe place, accessible from everywhere. Shoeboxed does a good service and their app for Android works well. So on the go, you scan the receipt and that's it. No running around with papers in your pockets after a meeting with suppliers in a restaurant.

The magic envelope service at that time was not available in Europe. This is why I switched to the free version. Also as a European, I found it a hassle that there is no option available to change the settings to European formats such as for dates (in Europe you write dd/mm/yyyy, whereas in the US it is the other way around) and commas / dots to distinguish between thousands and fractions, etc. I also found that sometimes the Amazon webservices are slow and thus the loading of your files takes time. But recently this has improved. The preview pane is also too small and does not adapt to the screen size. Their UX could be uncluttered and simplified.

Mit Google übersetzen

Simple to use, but frustrated with the in-smart Auto catagorization of receipts. I spend hours redo

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Learning patience with a software company that has the potential to be mind blowing... But instead is just OK right now.

I like the fact that I can mail receipts in or email them in and it's taken care of for me. They mobile app is also nice for tooling paper receipts in the go. I just wish that every receipt I submit with app wouldn't be stored in my photo gallery. It takes up a ton of room.

1. Price - /month to do basically what my NeatReceipts scanner does. I was under the impression that a human would be helping to hand enter my receipts to control accuracy. I didn't know that rep was going to be me.

2. I mailed in a year's worth of receipts for 2017 in 3 separate envelopes with instructions to please scan them in with a specific business name (I have 3 separate small businesses in one office). Instead, my instructions were ignored and all receipts were just uploaded en masse without regard to my need for song my business name. So very frustrating. Not only am I having to spend HOURS each night recategorizing each receipt after attending to figure it which business it was for, but I never received my receipts back from Shoeboxed.

3. Slow customer support response. I have emailed questions to support, and MAYBE I'll get a really a week or two later.

4. No apparent ability for Shoeboxed to sift through my email account and look for purchases to submit for uploading.

5.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

Does a lot for small business owners

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Saves me a lot of time and helps me stay organized.

I like the ease of submitting my receipts--from forwarding an email to scanning a receipt it makes things so easy. I also like having easy access to business cards without having to sift through or carry a bunch of them. I use the mileage feature the most and really like it when it's accurate.

The mileage is not always accurate (my 20 mile ride is sometimes registered as .01 miles) and the app doesn't allow you to correct it (I can correct the equivalent, but my accountant wants actual mileage so it doesn't really help). This happens on average about once a week.

Mit Google übersetzen

A positive experience! With a few exceptions described below, this is top-notch!

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

-Has saved me so much money by upping my deductions tens of thousands of dollars!!! Also, I never used to track mileage. This has made it so easy except when I forget to drop a pin!

I have called on all of these suggestions:
1. When emailing in a receipt, allow one to add a category and note so you don't have to log on and do it later.
2. Have GPS track all of your trip so you don't have to remember to drop a pin. If you forget, which I am sure people do a lot, you get 0 miles.
3. Sometimes the GPS drops and you lose all data for the trip.
4. Allow one to add a new category on the app from your phone.

Mit Google übersetzen

Super easy to use! Helps me stay organized for tax time.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The ability to utilize pre-paid envelopes makes the service super easy to use. Just drop in any receipts or business cards that you have and they do the rest! Plus, they go ahead and categorize all of your receipts so that you know exactly where your money goes.

Sometimes, the categorization is off due to the fact that they have to guess what each receipt is for. For instance, if I have a receipt for a local store they might not know what type of store that is (retail, grocery, office supplies, etc.). Other than that, the service is great!

Mit Google übersetzen

Very Helpful for a Small Business!

Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Accounting. I have difficulty keeping track of my documents and receipts and you've covered me for several years.

I don't have to think about it since it's connected to my Google email account. Almost all of my receipts go through email. Copies of the receipts online are nice to have when needed. The reports have been useful for my accountant at tax time, it saves me a lot of time.

The iOS app is very easy to use too for my offline receipts.

I'd like to get notifications if Shoeboxed thinks an email should have a receipt and doesn't or where problems occur. The Google Mail plugin sometimes misses receipts and the only way I can tell is if the "Shoeboxed" label hasn't been applied to it. I'd rather take care of these ongoing instead of at the end of the month trying to track down old emails. If I were able to get notifications, I could automate the process of forwarding certain emails back to Shoeboxed.

I'm on the 'Free' tier (Since 2014) and have gotten a lot out of the service for free. I haven't used the mileage tracker on the iOS app though. To get me to subscribe to the 'Lite' tier, I don't need anything else but what I mentioned above - an error notification to act as a failover.

Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to use, user friendly website and great customer service

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I enjoy how easy it is to send the receipts off and have them returned.
I like how easy it is to search for the receipts you have sent in.
Customer service is always very helpful and I appreciate that you have a live chat option
I like the new feature of being able to update the types of payments

I struggle with the restrictions of the receipts that can be sent it. When I email a pdf across and I look for that receipt in the system, the receipt will just be blank and shows nothing. I also sometimes forward email receipts and get an email back saying it's invalid but the receipt has been processed.
I would like for the system to work with more databases other than Quickbooks. We would love for it to work with Autotask for instance and it would save a huge step and much time for us.

Mit Google übersetzen

Easy tool to use and CSv export

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Email transcibing of Reciepts. Phone image capture, one click app opening. Magic envelopes are simple, durable, and arrive very quickly. The return service is useful to, I simply label the returned envelopes by date & store them.

Difficult to select report fields from mobile device. Categories often need to be manually corrected. My biggest dislike is dated are often omitted rom the image translations

Very quick and efficient

Täglich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

You can edit and create your own categories to match your bookkeeping. This will easily sync with your Quickbooks program or other accounting software. Prevents the need for having to keep a "zillion" paper receipts and then needing to process them at the end of the year. Instead, you download a report and have an image of the receipt if needed for an audit

You have to make sure that your picture images are clear or your data may not be accurate. Is easily edited, but I would eliminate the receipt until you have a chance to spot check the information.

Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to use, great for archiving receipts and not having to worry about it, but too expensive

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Receipt archiving is my main focus but the quickbooks intergration is also a fantastic feature.

Easy to find receipts with the search feature. I know my receipts are safe and archived. Intergration with quickbooks is fantastic.

EXPENSIVE. Very expensive. Also sometimes take 24 hours for uploaded receipts to be scanned. I wish you could choose your default view between what has and has not been exported.

7.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

Shoeboxed helped save so much time to get us organized and receipts up to date

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Keeps everything logged in in one place and I have all the receipts where I can find them when I need

Very User friendly. Love that you can do it yourself and get the receipts logged in immediately. Is a great software for keeping organized all in one place

Unable to change or delete the card #s when clicking which card. So many unused numbers on there. Cannot add a new one unless they do it

Good and getting better

Täglich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Has saved a ton of time and now I have a backup for the majority of my receipts.

Pretty easy to use and review receipts. It has cut down my review time and collating time a lot.
I also like the ability to have a digital copy of my receipts in case I lose them or they are destroyed.

Inability to set default currency to canadian.
I am concerned about some of the scans I had made when using the free service. The setup seems unable to bring the images up in ISO app and through the web. I just hope I don't get audited on those receipts.

Mit Google übersetzen

Great for keeping track of expenses!

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 12.2.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I use this app to add my business contacts by snapping the photos then I was able to add them to my computers and iPhone’s address book with a .csv file. I also keep track of most of my business expenses by uploading my receipts. I integrated my account with my QuickBooks online and I am able to create expense reports via QuickBooks.

I liked Shoeboxed because it was very simple, you just choose the category of the item you want to add then snap a photo. It does most of the work for you. You can then create expense reports and upload them into a pdf, QuickBooks, Excel, or .csv format. If you want to enter a note when you add the item you can.

There really wasn’t much that I didn’t like.

Mit Google übersetzen

Very useful tool for tracking and storing receipts. Needs ability to save various reports.

storage and search capability

Scans and reads multiple receipts at once via ScanSnap. Categorizes based on credit card number (though not always accurately).

Needs 1) ability to import directly into Quickbooks Desktop, and 2) needs more robust reporting tools. Can't save and reuse reports based on various search criteria.

Mit Google übersetzen

Essential for my document and receipt organization..

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Tax reporting and expense report generation is now painless. Saves so much time and organization. Love it.

Makes my life easier and more efficient. The software is intuitive and helps expense report generation and tax reporting.

I am not sure I know of anything! Perhaps the batch editing features could be easier and with less lag.

Shoeboxed is GREAT! Platform is extremely easy to use

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I like that there are multiple way to send receipts in and none of them take a lot of time to do. Also, the filter/search options when searching for a receipt is amazing

The automatic categorizing. I wish there was a way to create rules to categorize recipts in a way that is customized to my business

Mit Google übersetzen

So happy I found this product

Bewertet am 13.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

I found Shoeboxed a few years ago, and had never thought about a "receipt organization service", but what they do is truly "magic": I just send them my receipts, bills and all sorts of documents and they, within just like a day, scan everything and upload it to my mobile app and online account - I always have my receipts at my fingertips now, and all of that without any work required on my part. I love this service so much!

I don't have any complaints really. Maybe.. their support hours? Their support is amazing, first of all, but I had times where I couldn't reach them via phone when I wanted to run a report etc.