Twilio

Bietet Sprach- und Textnachrichten für Web- und mobile Anwendungen.

4,6 /5 (235 Bewertungen) Eine Bewertung schreiben
Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

The "magical" DIY (Do It Yourself) communication system

Bewertet am 19.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

After 2 years using Twilio services, mainly phone and messages, I can say I am so happy I found this solution to handle my communications.
It is so flexible,
Although it has been a little bit complicated sometimes to self-learn about online phoning systems it saved me from a lot of hassles I wanted to avoid.
The best benefit you get is the ultra efficient support service

With Twilio you can start from scratch to build your own online communication system. I didn't know so much about VOIP before and it is true I had to learn a few things.
So far I have been able to use my Twilio french mobile number fully online even whenI need to travel abroad - with all mobile services you can expect (voice, SMS, MMS).
The pricing is light and the global user interface makes the whole systme pretty easy to manage.
I only use a few features from the platform but the possibilities are huge ! And they are always working on new services.
And as Twilio is now really recognized as a communication company you can find additional software apps very easily and even documentation, I am thinking of the softphone app I am using on my mobile or desktop for instance.

I could customize a personal solution because I had time to test different options and as a developer I could code stuffs if needed.
I am not sure everybody can do the same without technical skills.

Joel H.
Branche: Onlinemedien

Outstanding Platform for Businesses Using WhatsApp

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 23.6.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall it has been positive so far. We are launching our software globally now and so far they have been a solid partner in the countries we have been going to.

We used Twilio to be the backbone of custom cross-platform messaging software we built that connects people in different countries around the globe. We used it to send automated messages alerting the users that someone in their area wants to talk to them and then to continue to facilitate the conversations through our software and the WhatsApp API protecting the user's identities.

The API was very easy to use. The hardest and most challenging part was getting set up and approved by Facebook to get our WhatsApp numbers. The system tracks if messages were delivered which is great and we can see responses come back in as well, not the message content itself mind you, but that a response was sent. We also leverage their email platform which added another communication platform to our system.

All in all, we are excited about our partnership with Twilio and look forward to continuing to work with them.

The only challenging issues we had really involved WhatsApp and getting them to verify our Facebook Business listing, then approve us for a WhatsApp number and finally approve our message templates so we could use Twilio to send messages through their platform. I wouldn't say any of that was Twilio's fault and their staff was excellent at doing everything they could to help us.

The only thing I would like to see is a better more laid out navigation on their admin dashboards. You have to click into menus to get to a sub menu to then scroll around and try to find what you are looking for. It would be nice if they had a master link tree like Amazon does on their AWS dashboard.

Tyranny of the 2FA gods!

Bewertet am 1.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Authy by Twilio is a run-of-the-mill 2FA app. There's nothing special about it. It works when you're not switching your hardware.

Customer Support is only available by email, not by phone, and it takes 1-3 days to hear back from them.

I was in the process of integrating their OneTouch functionality into a software program I'm designing, and I finally found out why no one else integrates it. It's busted and when you go to click the "Accept" or "Reject" buttons, it gives you an error.

Authy support said to reinstall my Authy app, and now I can't get back into the app until 2 days later because of their overbearing security. They refuse to get me out of the bind, and I'm unable to access any of my accounts until they lift the hold.

I've learned my lesson and I'm going to use LastPass so they can't hold my accounts hostage anymore for their nefarious purposes.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 0.0/10

Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Twilio also has a couple of secret super powers!

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 28.6.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

An amazingly well built product -- we rarely if ever had reliability issues -- the Twilio Functions were an especially useful post-purchase feature discovery -- so much so that we still use that even though we don't do any texting.

We also sometimes use FracTEL, since they beat Twilio on pricing 3:1 for 1-800 texts *and* had MMS 1-800 support long before Twilio.

* super easy to configure multiple accounts for billing purposes

* * Twimlets are a great way to experiment with product &/or prototype quickly - https://www.twilio.com/labs/twimlets

* Twilio functions is amazingly easy way to either extend power of tools such as Zapier &/or avoid having to use AWS Lambda, etc. -- it's a super cool hidden feature - https://www.twilio.com/docs/runtime/functions

* They have an auto-stop feature if you accidentally send too fast -- e.g., we accidentally created an infinite loop of texts between two phone numbers -- which they auto-stopped at about $20 (in three minutes).

There are likely other Twilio features hiding in plain sight -- poke around -- one of those rare cases where reading all the documentation is likely worth it

* the login process can be annoying
* help sometime takes longer than 24 hours
* configuring multiple sub-accounts is confusing at first
* not all functions can be done via UX -- some require API calls -- curl scripts were our goto

Francis M.

Api is very easy to use

Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt
Bewertet am 11.3.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall use the api and setting up was a peace of cake, the subscription price and the option to create custom project for the client was great and watch how to use it thru a tutorial was not longer then 5 min, my client was conform with the integration of sending SMS and MMS to his customer and it did not required additional hardware.

You can either setup a new project with their own tool or just create your project on your own language programming of your preference, using the api is very easy and you can create the necessary tools to customize and ready to use for the end user, in my case I stored and encrypted withing the database, and explain the end user the price this company use and is not that expensive, it doesn't required additional hardware to use. only internet and is ready to go.

There limited Hispanic countries when I tried but I see the list is still expanding, for the moment my specific country was not yet available, so I have to use the USA number which the client was not that happy about it, but agree to use until our country was available.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 7.0/10

Zeth O.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Amazing text messaging automation for non-developers

Bewertet am 13.8.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I cannot thank Twilio enough for coming out with their product called Studio. I'm a digital marketer with limited developing skills in coding but I love using their API. I have always struggles to make sms chat bots and programmable voice systems until they introduced Studio. Even better yet, they give amazing tutorials on how to use it step-by-step. I highly recommend Twilio.

Very much a UI for developers and for people that are familiar with coding.

Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Affordable and Feature Rich

Bewertet am 13.6.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We use twilio for a host of SMS , phone, and soon WhatsApp communications. It has been cheaper than our in-house solution and the API has been easy to work with.

Messaging costs are much lower than other options, and the APIs are strong. Integrations with other platforms take it to the next level.

The variances in per transaction cost per country make it a little tricky to forecast future spending.

Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Use Fatures of phone in your Program

Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 12.6.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Mostly we use this tool for WhatsApp API and its bulk messaging tool for digital marketing and SEO related business. Once integrated it does not require much attention and runs very smoothly. Servers and customer support are very great and available most of the time.

Main Features of Twilio is based on features of a phone and make it compatible to run on a computer program. There are many features available like convert text-to-speech and vice versa, call recorder, give virtual phone numbers that you can use in your program. But the main feature which we use in our organization is the beta version of its WhatApp API to connect with clients over WhatApp directly via the programs.
It also provides good features for SEO like bulk messaging and any other APIs that could be very much helpful especially at cheaper rate.

It requires some technical knowledge. This is a tricky thing as a developer one should be able to make their customers understand what is going on to gain their trust but making them grasp the working of this thing can take a while.
Also, most of the APIs provided are third party and we do not know if they are that much trustable as Twilio itself.
For a small business, it can be expensive.

VoIP leader

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 17.4.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: GetApp

One of the leading VoIP platforms on the market. Nice and easy, especially for the requested price.

Fantastic service for the money they ask! Twilio is a wonderful tool for building an infrastructure for making phone calls and sending SMS messages. Certainly it has a learning curve, but overall it's much easier to get setup and running than most of its competitors in the industry.

While its'a much easier to learn platform than most and the UI has significantly improved overtime, it's not as simple as I'd like it to be. Once you get into it it's OK, but teaching the new stuff on how to work with it definitely takes some time.

Matheus R.
Branche: E-Learning

An amazing communication api

Bewertet am 28.6.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We have been using Twilio for our Whatsapp integration, SMS, email (Sendgrid) and for creating phone numbers for our Customer support team.

The best thing about Twilio is that once you get used to their API you can solve all your communication problems using them. They have integrations and tools for everything that you could imagine.

I think that Twilio's API documentation could be improved. When you first start using them you can get lost in the documentation before understanding how it is setup.

Ian B.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

So easy it almost seems too easy.

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 11.12.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We use Twilio Programmable Voice for a number of different use-cases. It is used to create trackable phone numbers for ads, internal phone/sms systems for sales/support and also integrated directly with our marketing automation platform, Autopilot. All of this had a fairly steep learning curve for a non-developer, but taking the time to do the work through Twilio (rather than a 3rd party software built on top of Twilio) has saved us a large amount of money and preserved a great deal of operational flexibility by preventing unwanted layers in our broader communications stack.

Twilio programable voice lets you build localized internet phone systems using numbers from anywhere in the world. I don't know of another comparable solution that isn't just another interface built on-top of Twilio. More importantly, it lets you customize these phone systems in every way imaginable (from drag/drop coding in Studio to custom apps) in just a few clicks. In terms of cost and flexibility, it is the clear winner in this space.

The product is trying to become increasingly friendly to non-developers, but it is still really positioned as a developer-first platform. It is a true platform technology, which is the root of most of Twilio's benefits – but that does come at the cost of being intimidating/less user-friendly to non-developers.

Brandon M.

Powerful Control of Marketing & Data Analytics For Text, SMS & Video Sending

Bewertet am 10.12.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Wonderful people, always replay within a few hours of my late-night support emails. Reducing the bills is fantastic, and the tool plugs and plays with everything else nicely. Super happy with them for sure!

Love their COSTS... Some of the lowest in the industry, gives better control of budget. Utilizing Twilio we were able to navigate away from other tools that were costing us hundreds of dollars a month in per minute or per text overage fees. Provides more numbers at a cheaper cost per month by far, the whole system is powerful, inclusive, integrative of all tools and solutions through zapier and webhooks, and just a powerful system.

The UXI is a little heavy, when creating sub accounts and viewing the analytics, it is so powerful you can get lost, but that is a very minimal issue for I am sure someone with more knowledge can fly through the site and know what they are looking for much faster.

Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Best Communications API for Voice and SMS

Bewertet am 17.2.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, it's highly recommended that every startup or business should go with Twilio as their backbone communications layer. Recently they added more services like email through SendGrid, so it is really powerful.

Using Twilio services for programmable voice and SMS means that we do not have to build that infrastructure, and can build features on top of that at a quick speed. I like how reliable the services is, which is a major draw and value for money with the costs. At occasional times when there are issues, they are resolved speedily. The team is super friendly, and will always be there to help answer our problems. Otherwise, the API documentation is great and easy to implement.

It doesn't work or work so well in places like China though, which is understandable. The admin console is largely usable but can include for features for less tech savvy people, understandably, not really their audience.

Jeff D.
Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus

Great for Triggered Text Message Notifications

Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, very happy. Great value for the money. Would highly recommend.

We've been using this system to send text notifications to a distribution list when someone visits our website and completes a form to request information. We typically receive emails from clients who send 3-5 similar, if not identical emails to multiple tour operators. By dramatically decreasing our time to contact the potential client and answer questions via email or over the phone, we saw a marked increase in booking conversions. Using the Zapier integration between our Website form tool "Gravity Forms" and Twilio, we now can respond to online inquiries a matter of minutes, and secure a booking before our competitors can even open their email.

In the Zapier setup, it is a bit of hit and miss to get all the custom text to layout like you want in a single text message.

Ramindu D.
Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

One of the best platforms for call/text integration

Bewertet am 3.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have led teams that integrate Twilio as a text notification service for various events from medication adherence to support ticket alerts.

Twilio provides a very straightforward interface to programmatically integration calls and texts in to software applications. Configuration and set up is super easy, and Twilio provides a variety of options for regions and countries to set up your phone numbers for. They provide a number of SDKs in popular programming languages, making integration super easy.

The price point for calls and texts are a bit on the high side. Some of the more complex configurations might be a bit hard to set up, although their documentation IS quite thorough.

Branche: Unterhaltungselektronik
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Always on the Go with Twilio!

Bewertet am 31.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Competitive rates in the market is being offered. We use this in the company as the main tool for SMS messaging platform tool for our devices so it's cheaper compared to the rates we would be paying if we are to use the services offered by regular major carriers. It also allows use via API so very convenient and easy to set up in the backend for operational use with different platforms.

Lately, there's an issue when viewing/searching for SMS transaction logs. When you search for the logs using phone number as a search tool, sometimes the results will not show up. I think it's a bug. Also when the sub menus were changed from the previous version, it got confusing. Navigating the menus on the site got more complicated compared to before.

Steve F.
Branche: Hochschulbildung
Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Solid for Salesforce integration

Bewertet am 13.9.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

generally speaking very happy we haven't had any significant issues with twilio and it's allowed us to accomplish our texting needs seamlessly in Salesforce.

Super easy for our team to use. We actually use a third party UI called Mogli. Twilio is the back end for our tool though.

It was a bit of a pain to set up a tool like this on an invoice basis instead of a charge as needed basis.

Dilraj S.
Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Awesome tool for sending sms and voice calling

Bewertet am 20.4.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Twilio enables the users on any platform to send sms and make voice calls internationally via its well documented APIs which can be integrated very quickly on the platform by the developers. The SMS can be sent reliably on any international or local phone number once the phone numbers are bought with the required services enabled on it. Twilio also provides phone number masking for making voice calls. All in all its really an awesome module to use in your product for availing all of the Twilio services.

Twilio should provide sms and voice calling as a testing feature on the trial account which can really help people to be more convinced about its awesome services.

Peter C.
Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Full featured easy to use

Bewertet am 17.12.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We've grown over time with Twilio to take advantage of more and more of their services. As we've done so they almost always have a solution for what we want to do. Additionally I do want to give their support two thumbs up - they've always been fantastic.

Twilio has made it extremely easy to use even without an extensive technical knowledge. Their documentation is outstanding and they've build a lot of UI based tools on their website to setup fairly complex workflows without having to code. Of course our engineers are able to use their APIs to take advantage of a huge amount of functionality as well.

There are some quirks to some of the areas of their products (sorting/searching doesn't work in some places, no ability to mass-refile errored messages, etc). These can generally be worked around but would make the overall experience better and more efficient.

Ariel C.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Easy to integrate with any platform

Bewertet am 26.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I was able to create a driver with LUA, and integrate SMS feature to Control4 Home Smart System.
I wanted to receive messages every time certain events occurred, and Twilio is really accurate and helpful. I had to minimize the amount of messages so I could spend less money per month.

- It has an API Rest and a 5 minutes to implement rule, which is quite true.
- They have a quick start for many platforms / languages.
- SMS Feature was exactly what I needed, fast send/receive messages.
- Besides having excellent docs, they have something called TwilioQuest, which I found really funny and entertaining.

- Price per SMS seems to be high, at least in my country. I guess it depends on what are you building, and the value you give to this feature.

Steven G.
Branche: Computer-Vernetzung

Powerful yet complex

Bewertet am 16.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I was able to create a call center script using this service and it worked great. Customer support sucks. If I were to rate Customer Support: 2 stars. Documentation: 5

You can create almost anything with their voice prompts. Both inbound and outbound calls. From IVR to automated calls. You can host your scripts on their platform or your own server using the REST API.

Documentation is all over the place. There are two main ways to send commands. Twiml or API (your language like PHP or C#) but the documentation jumps back and forth. One step of a tutorial is in Twiml. Then the next thing you want to do is not. It uses the API. And trying to find the same documentation in the other language is hit or miss.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 5.0/10

Niru N.
Branche: Automotive
Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Service enhances functionality of host softwares

Bewertet am 8.1.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have been very satisfied with my experience using twilio, stable software that enhances functionality to our software we created.

I love that twilio provides a texting feature which can be integrated with 3rd party software's to enhances there ability to better suit business needs. Twilio allows seamless integration which allows outgoing and incoming SMS messages to and from the client. Using the twilio portal we can check logs on which messages were sent and failed helping the host keep track on SMS activity of there software.

Setup and configuration is a bit of a tedious process however once completed, it works well. Sometimes servers go down for twilio which causes disruptions for our texting feature, however this can be expected for any software company that provides a large scale service.

Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Extremely easy to set up and get going!

Bewertet am 30.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The software was able to solve for a business requirement.
Price point was reasonable.
Performance is very good.

As a lead architect, I am always on the look out for stable, easy to integrate tools and services for our various Enterprise solutions.

With Twilio, I was able to get a fully functioning Enterprise level SMS Notification Microservice up and running in under an hour.
The ease of integration, it's simple API and documentation is what any developer would be happy with.
The price point is also very reasonable and I would highly recommend this solution to anyone who is looking to evaluate or use this service.

Ryan C.
Branche: Telekommunikation
Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Twilio Platform = Solid

Bewertet am 4.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: GetApp

Even though I am not a developer, even I can get Twilio services working. I have helped a few local businesses in my area drop the traditional POTS lines and migrate over to Twilio and have heard nothing but great reviews. That platform has even given me the push to sign up for a couple dev classes to get even more out of it.

Some of the documentation can be extremely vague. I understand that it is made for developers/programmers but there is a big portion of potential users that would love to use some of the features, but just don't have the coding background/knowledge to make it come alive.

Branche: Internet
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Best app for calling, sending text

Bewertet am 10.12.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall a really great platform for building calling and texting with great api documentation and customer support. The merits of this platform are way huge then any defects

- great api documentation and that too in multiple languages which helps a lot while developing
- love the studio flow where we can design complicated flow very easily and use various integrations for each event
- we build a virtual calling software using twilio and till date it’s working very nicely
- can buy multiple numbers which help in setting the caller id or call masking

- Had some issue with the calls sometimes, mainly call drops and poor voice quality but not regularly
- Sometimes the sms delivery on indian numbers take a bit more time