Twilio

Bietet Sprach- und Textnachrichten für Web- und mobile Anwendungen.

Sortieren nach

Renan
Renan

The "magical" DIY (Do It Yourself) communication system

Bewertet am 19.5.2019

After 2 years using Twilio services, mainly phone and messages, I can say I am so happy I found this solution to handle my communications.
It is so flexible,
Although it has been a little bit complicated sometimes to self-learn about online phoning systems it saved me from a lot of hassles I wanted to avoid.
The best benefit you get is the ultra efficient support service

With Twilio you can start from scratch to build your own online communication system. I didn't know so much about VOIP before and it is true I had to learn a few things.
So far I have been able to use my Twilio french mobile number fully online even whenI need to travel abroad - with all mobile services you can expect (voice, SMS, MMS).
The pricing is light and the global user interface makes the whole systme pretty easy to manage.
I only use a few features from the platform but the possibilities are huge ! And they are always working on new services.
And as Twilio is now really recognized as a communication company you can find additional software apps very easily and even documentation, I am thinking of the softphone app I am using on my mobile or desktop for instance.

I could customize a personal solution because I had time to test different options and as a developer I could code stuffs if needed.
I am not sure everybody can do the same without technical skills.

Ed
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Affordable 1:1 SMS messaging that natively integrates with Chili Piper and Marketo Engage

Bewertet am 7.5.2022

Experience has been positive and great

Experience has been positive and great

Extremely affordable option to send 1:1 SMS meeting reminders in conjunction with Chili Piper and increase show rates to hard earned appointments set by our sales reps as well as send 1:1 SMS marketing messages via Marketo Engage

Doesn't have 2-way, bi-directional texting capabilities when a prospects responds via text to either our meeting reminders or marketing messages

Jive

Warum Twilio gewählt wurde

Skipio is a subscription-based Texting-CRM platform with a substantial monthly commitment

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Twilio

Pricing commitment
Tanya
Tanya

Poor customer service in Twilio

Bewertet am 6.10.2023

Being one of the major players in the market, Twilio has abused its position greatly! We and our customers consequentially, have experienced major service suspension in our US region. TBy not taking serious operational issues for their customer as a matter of priority they have caused us not only loss of revenue but impacted our reputation vastly. The interruption to services in the US area has been left unresolved for over 2 weeks, being transferred from department to department and mostly handled by AI very unsuccessfully and time consuming.Since it has been a reoccurring issue, and has been solved previously, it shows us that their client data and history management is very poor. Being a global service provider based in the US, they do not take into account the time zone differences and the customer support response time is appalling. The response time window doesn’t consider the time difference when the automation kicks in.

The software is easy to use and deploy, fair pricing

Level of customer service - our issue with the US carrier is being handled for more than 2 weeks with no success. And Twilio is based in the US.Use of AI in Customer support - no result, tons of disappointment.Kicking the ticket from one department to another knowing the importance of the matter for us and our customers.

Muhammad Aamer
Muhammad Aamer
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Twilio is the best programmable communication tool.

Bewertet am 18.12.2023

My overall experience is great with twilio i have been using it for more than year and will continue to use it. The pricing is good comparatively and also it's API is fast and relaible i have integrated twilio in my websites and i am very happy with it.

I love Twilio because it comes with a very nice pricing system and then the api is my favorit. You can use it for sending messages and calls that you have pre programmed and is very very very helpful to solve your costumer's problem and keep the engagements and the top level.

One Thing i do not like about twilio that you can not customize your sender name for some countries like USA. so the sms sent is from twilio's own username i do not know why is twilio not allowing to use a custom sender name in all countries but yes this is the only thing i do not appreciate

Kristen
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Twilio has become a backbone for my work structure! Couldn’t live without it.

Bewertet am 8.9.2022

Fantastic! I have really become to rely on it. I do wish that building some of the things inside of the Twilio platform was a little simpler for me. Although they do have really great guides for everything to help me get what I want done

Twilio is so dependable and versatile and I am extremely happy with it! It has become a main structure of my work flows from marketing text messages, call forwarding and everything communication. Twilio basically does everything. You can build anything you can think of inside the Twilio platform. It blows my mind what it is capable of. I feel like the only limit to what I can create with Twilio is my intelligence.

I like everything about Twilio. I have been using it forever and I don’t plan to stop anytime soon

Zadarma

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Twilio

So many reasons. I actually still use zadarma but that’s only because I haven’t taken the time to port out my phone number.
Brian
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Twilio SMS and Studio are fantastic

Bewertet am 13.1.2022

The API was easy to use, well documented, and accurate (to the documentation provided). I was up and running with a programmatic call to Twilio to send text messages from my application within 15 minutes. Twilio Studio and flows provide a great user experience that puts a lot of power into a non-developers hands for managing communication and escalation. Example flows give you just about everything you would need to get started building your own flow.

Certain aspects, like accounts, sub-accounts, and management can only be done using the API. These are minor and usually one and done (so they could be done with tool like Postman or SOAPUI).

• Branche: Gewerbeimmobilien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Twilio Highlights

Bewertet am 28.8.2022

I feel it has scope of improvement. It is easy to you but then it does not easily allow conference calling and messaging while on call. It could also include adding notes.

It is easy to install. Convenient to use the software with other tools as well. Placing a call is very easy

It's interface. The leaving a voice note feature must include a beep or time set. Conference calling feature is not very convenient

Richard
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Utilisation of Live Agent

Bewertet am 8.3.2023

I think the process is good. I do feel that emergency situations could be better managed on occasions

I think the smooth integration with our Live Agent process was great ... easy and quick

Some initial issues with number spamming .

Bill Laurel
Bill Laurel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Simple and easy solution

Bewertet am 15.3.2023

Twilio is a great platform for developers to build and deploy communication features quickly and easily. Twilio has a wide selection of APIs, SDKs, and libraries that can be used to integrate communication features into applications. It also provides a wide range of communication channels, such as voice, messaging, video, and email, which makes it easy to customize the user experience.

Honestly, I haven’t found anything I disliked about Twilio. All of my experiences with Twilio have been outstanding.

Vonage Business Communications

Vonage Business Communications
Lydia
Lydia
  • Branche: Kunststoffe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Twilio is the tool to get it right with customer engagements

Bewertet am 15.11.2023

Twilio has helped us reach our customers more effectively and easily by building a complete communication workflow where they can easily reach out to us through sms, video, audio or email.

Twilio offers all the resources needed to build a complete communication and customer support platform with multiple support channels like video and audio calls and instant messaging. It allows us to collect our customer data and analyze them so as to achieve a better understanding of our customers at a more personal level.

Twilio is not an easy to use product and training is always a necessity especially for beginners.

Abhinav

One of the most Powerful and Useful Platform in the World

Bewertet am 5.6.2022

Twilio is a great tool with a lot of Custom Features that can be plugged in to solve various business problems and provide value addition to Businesses.

Twilio provides a great level of services and is super easy to use. I personally used its WhatsApp API and Messaging API in my various Company Projects. It has a simple-to-understand API Documentation and powerful library support to get started with.

In Twilio for WhatsApp, the only downside I faced was it doesn't provide actual WhatsApp API which if provided could be of great help to me as new features of WhatsApp API takes time to come on Twilio.

360dialog

360dialog und Haptik
Aman
Aman
  • Branche: Chemikalien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Twilio is a cloud-based communication platform that offers APIs, developer tools, and SDKs.

Bewertet am 24.2.2023

Twilio software, including its user-friendly interface, thorough documentation, and adaptable communication features. Twilio's API-centric approach and tools catered to developers are also praised for enabling businesses to personalize and expand their communication channels seamlessly. Moreover, Twilio's dependable service and outstanding customer support are commended by users.

Twilio software could be enhanced, such as its pricing model, limited analytics functionalities, and complex configuration process for certain features. Some users have also reported encountering occasional technical problems and errors while using the software. Furthermore, some users have found the learning curve for utilizing the more advanced features of the software to be challenging.

Ahmed
Ahmed

Twilio: The Ultimate Communication Solution for Businesses

Bewertet am 18.1.2023

Twilio is a reliable and effective communication solution that helps us improve our customer engagement and communication strategies.

The most positive aspect of Twilio is its flexibility and scalability, Twilio offers a wide range of communication services, including SMS, voice, video, email, and chat, which can be easily integrated into any application. This allows us to create personalized communication experiences with our customers. Twilio's pay-as-you-go pricing model allows us to scale usage based on our needs, without any long-term contracts or commitments. Twilio's platform also provides a variety of features such as call routing, message personalization, 2-way messaging, contact management, online voice transmission, call monitoring, call recording, MMS, automated responses, reporting and analytics, shortcodes, voicemail transcription, access controls, mobile keywords, call conferencing, SIP trunking and unified communications, all of these features are very useful and make the communication process more efficient and convenient.

Twilio is that it may not be as user-friendly as other similar products, You may find the platform complex and difficult to navigate, which could make it challenging for fully utilize all of its features. Even though Twilio's platform offers a wide range of communication services, it may not have some specialized features that other products offer.However, these cons are not unique to Twilio, as any software has its own set of pros and cons.

Josip
Josip
  • Branche: Sport
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Start sending SMS programmatically with just a few lines of code

Bewertet am 1.9.2022

Twilio is superior when it comes to SMS delivery so I will share my experience with that since I use only SMS services but bear in mind that Twilio is much more than just SMS.
Twilio delivers messages fast and reliable all around the globe for a very competitive price. It usually takes just a few seconds to deliver the message. With Twilio, you don't even need to buy a phone number since you can send messages from an alphanumeric ID. You just need to make sure that this is legal in your country and take an additional registration step if required by law. Choosing the phone number from which you will send a message is sometimes a better solution since you can then also receive messages and for example, receive messages for unsubscribing the customer from your SMS marketing platform.
What I particularly like about Twilio is their offer for Non Profit organizations. They are willing to credit your account with 500$ if you are a registered Non-Profit and that is amazing! I don't know of any other company that gives such big credits for free and that speaks that company is led by managers who certainly have a great vision which is not only to make a profit but help people by providing easy use service. Their API is amazing! Documentation is full of examples and a lot of programming languages are supported out of the box. Their API services are not just developer focussed and overall complete service is so easy to use that I don't know why I haven't been using it much before.

Twilio dashboard is not the best experience and I don't like it even though it received a redesign recently. It feels kinda outdated and it isn't optimized for mobile devices what I found kinda alerting for 2022. Although you won't be using it on your mobile phone primarily, it is nice if you could check the error log fast on the go if a lot of them start popping out and alerting you on channels you set.

Chirag
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Reliable text notifications for customers

Bewertet am 11.2.2021

We've had great experience with Twilio. Our users sign up for text notification and we use Twilio to deliver them information. That experience has been well-received by customers. There's more to Twilio than that but texting is what we use it for. The system barely ever goes down and always shows us accurate information of our usage.

Barrier to entry is so low; it's so easy to get started with Twilio. It took us one afternoon to test it and we were running production-grade systems the same week using Twilio. It's documentation is so good that we don't need to call into support for anything. Billing is clear and analytics is clear as well. We have enjoyed Twilio.

There isn't anything I don't like about Twilio. I do feel that Twilio can create widgets for non-technical customers to sign up customers for text notification. We have development staff that understands Twilio well enough. I do see small mom-and-pop shop owners who'd love to keep customers informed of sales through text messaging. If Twilio advertised more or somehow helped such audience, that'll be really neat.

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Best Communications API for Voice and SMS

Bewertet am 17.2.2020

Overall, it's highly recommended that every startup or business should go with Twilio as their backbone communications layer. Recently they added more services like email through SendGrid, so it is really powerful.

Using Twilio services for programmable voice and SMS means that we do not have to build that infrastructure, and can build features on top of that at a quick speed. I like how reliable the services is, which is a major draw and value for money with the costs. At occasional times when there are issues, they are resolved speedily. The team is super friendly, and will always be there to help answer our problems. Otherwise, the API documentation is great and easy to implement.

It doesn't work or work so well in places like China though, which is understandable. The admin console is largely usable but can include for features for less tech savvy people, understandably, not really their audience.

Rick
Rick
  • Branche: Bau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Twilio fills a niche for us

Bewertet am 17.5.2022

Overall we like and will continue to use Twilio. We used it for a small side business and was easy to work with. My developer liked using it though it seemed like the only option out there at the time.

Simple to use product (as an end user) that seems to usually work and has the options we need.

It's still a VOIP phone service so every so often the sound quality is perfect and it's gone down like any phone service can.

Disha
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Twilio Review

Bewertet am 31.5.2023

Good platform overall

Good platform overall

Some of the advantages of using Twilio were:1. The first 2000 contacts are free of cost. This makes it pocket-friendly and also helps to try out a smaller-scale pilot run. 2. It helps companies connect and make meaningful relationships with users internationally. 3. Setting up the platform is extremely easy. The transition of a user to set up the platform and start using is relatively quick and smooth. It was quite easy to integrate wth other platforms and apps as well. 4. It was very useful as we used it for IVR - both nationally and internationally for our clientele. 5. It is quite reliable because a lot of huge MNCs use Twilio like Uber, AirBnB, Reddit., Lyft, etc.

There are a few things that could have been better about the platform:1. Since the organization is growing and is quite large, during the integration of the platform, we did need some support and assistance from their team. They did respond but it did take a while, the process was slightly slower than expected. 2. Once you scale, you would ofcourse require to send more messages with increased customisation to enhance the customer UX. I presume that this would begin to be an expensive option in due course of time and we may need to switch to a cheaper alternative.

• Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Call center management solution

Bewertet am 13.11.2022

I will definitely continue to use it, because the solution meets my needs

I will definitely continue to use it, because the solution meets my needs

Gives you all te features to properly handle your call and SMS

The set up and management is a bit complicate but is a nice app.

CallHippo

CallHippo
Ramindu
Ramindu
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

One of the best platforms for call/text integration

Bewertet am 3.5.2019

I have led teams that integrate Twilio as a text notification service for various events from medication adherence to support ticket alerts.

Twilio provides a very straightforward interface to programmatically integration calls and texts in to software applications. Configuration and set up is super easy, and Twilio provides a variety of options for regions and countries to set up your phone numbers for. They provide a number of SDKs in popular programming languages, making integration super easy.

The price point for calls and texts are a bit on the high side. Some of the more complex configurations might be a bit hard to set up, although their documentation IS quite thorough.

tomer
tomer
  • Branche: Rundfunkmedien

okay not that great

Bewertet am 22.8.2019

can replace ringcentral which is way more expensive solution

their support is not really good they don't really know whats going on

RingCentral MVP

RingCentral MVP
Steve
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung

Solid for Salesforce integration

Bewertet am 13.9.2020

generally speaking very happy we haven't had any significant issues with twilio and it's allowed us to accomplish our texting needs seamlessly in Salesforce.

Super easy for our team to use. We actually use a third party UI called Mogli. Twilio is the back end for our tool though.

It was a bit of a pain to set up a tool like this on an invoice basis instead of a charge as needed basis.

Ariel
Ariel

Easy to integrate with any platform

Bewertet am 26.7.2018

I was able to create a driver with LUA, and integrate SMS feature to Control4 Home Smart System.
I...

I wanted to receive messages every time certain events occurred, and Twilio is really accurate and helpful. I had to minimize the amount of messages so I could spend less money per month.

- It has an API Rest and a 5 minutes to implement rule, which is quite true.
- They have a quick start for many platforms / languages.
- SMS Feature was exactly what I needed, fast send/receive messages.
- Besides having excellent docs, they have something called TwilioQuest, which I found really funny and entertaining.

- Price per SMS seems to be high, at least in my country. I guess it depends on what are you building, and the value you give to this feature.

Steven
  • Branche: Computer-Vernetzung

Powerful yet complex

Bewertet am 16.11.2018

I was able to create a call center script using this service and it worked great. Customer support sucks. If I were to rate Customer Support: 2 stars. Documentation: 5

You can create almost anything with their voice prompts. Both inbound and outbound calls. From IVR to automated calls. You can host your scripts on their platform or your own server using the REST API.

Documentation is all over the place. There are two main ways to send commands. Twiml or API (your language like PHP or C#) but the documentation jumps back and forth. One step of a tutorial is in Twiml. Then the next thing you want to do is not. It uses the API. And trying to find the same documentation in the other language is hit or miss.

Or
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Great API. Terrible Support

Bewertet am 4.12.2019

Overall I'm happy with the product but when something goes wrong you're all alone.

Twilio's API for SMS / Voice is by far the easiest we've used in our company. Their documentation is great and complete.

Twilio dashboard is good but not perfect. You can't load logs for long periods (like 2+ months) and when you try you get an exception. When I brought it up with their support they completely ignored my comment. Some of the support team at Twilio is okay. Some of them are the worst: Rude, unhelpful and stubborn and zero knowledge about their product and the industry they are part of.