Quicken

Bringt alle deine Konten an einem Ort zusammen.

Sortieren nach

• Branche: Computer-Software

Quicken Home & Business 2022 Review

Bewertet am 25.11.2022

We use this software for the accounting of my wife's small business and financial reporting needs for select government programs. This is the best accounting software for a small business owner/sole proprietor in the market today. We have been using this program for nearly ten years.

I like the updated tax tables and current regulatory database for up-to-date tax prep tax schedules and deductions. It is easy to input transactions, categorize them, and get a running balance with ease.

My least favorite thing about this software is that it now requires a subscription instead of buying the program for a set price.

Robyn
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Quicken is a Great Program!

Bewertet am 18.10.2022

Placed it on 2 units at first to try it out in our office and loved it so much we decided to switch everyone to it instead. Been using it daily for almost 3 years now. It's an excellent program!

It's very easy to self learn this program. It is equally as easy to teach to others too because it's simple to understand

I have no complaints. It was easy to set up, it was easy to convert info from the prior program we were using. It was easy to learn and easy to teach to others. 10 out of 10 far as I'm concerned!

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Quicken

Easier to learn according to reviews we read.
Tamara
  • Branche: Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Its all about the profits now......

Bewertet am 13.2.2018

Although I am sounding as though I am resistant to forwarding technology, I am not. There are just certain things that I feel should be more protected and so far, technology has failed to prevent hackers and identity thieves from accessing peoples information due to companies insistence in having our information all over the internet and web. There was nothing wrong with the old QUICKEN but greed is no playing a part in the new QUICKEN that separated from INTUIT.

I loved it when it was an actual software that could be purchased and had no yearly subscription fee. Prior to them separating from Intuit, this was my software of choice. Ease of use and the ability to choose to have your information inaccessible to internet hackers and not out there for anyone to see.

2007 saw the end of exceptional quality. Went from a software that you can purchase and utilize without having to pay a yearly subscription to a for profit only software with yearly subscription in 2017-2018 update. Now if you want to use this software you have to pay for it yearly. 2007 utilized an update that caused major issues with previous versions. The font became too large to fit in the windows that popped up, the reconciliation failed to work properly, did not give accurate numbers.(Quicken blamed this on the PC Operating system....Funny, no other software on my PC had these issues). They refused to fix the issues they created and then came out with a new update that once you applied the update, 2017-2018, you had to start paying yearly or live with the issues that were created by the previous update. I now have fuzzy font, like old school DOS systems, and a yearly subscription for more bells and whistles that I will ever utilize. Not everyone wants to use mobile access and expose themselves to more and more risk of hackers to steal information.

Michael
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Why can't we sync between computers?

Bewertet am 5.8.2023

You can't sync

You can't sync

Quicken is easy to use and updating from a previous version went well.

It drives me crazy that you can't sync information between computers. I'm no expert, but I can't see why you can't have information from the Quicken cloud update information on the computer.I use Quicken at work and at home. If I could just sync information that I added at home to my work computer and vice versa, it would be perfect.I don't know why this feature can't be added.

Business & Rental Mgmt

Bewertet am 4.4.2023

It keeps up with my rental expenses as well as my business

It takes a while to figure out but customer service is helpful

Dan
Dan
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Don't bother

Bewertet am 29.1.2019

It is relatively cheap, if you can find it on sale, and has a few good features for property managers including the ability to automatically send invoices. You also get all the typical features of Quicken, like the ability to track your personal finances, connect all your banks and investment accounts, download statements, etc. I've been using Quicken for years and years and it's definitely the most important program I own and need and I hate pretty much everything about it.

Quicken, by now, is the most bloated piece of software in the history of the world. There are dialogs and sections of this app that were likely last touched when Reagan was present. It's a crazy amalgamation of features added over time. When using the app, doing even the most basic tasks kicks off a round of screen refreshes, flashes and such. No clue why it does that, but the whole thing desperately needs an overhaul.

Nina
Nina

Quicken Rental Property Manager works some of the time

Bewertet am 29.10.2019

I've been using this program for over 10 years and while it it not perfect it is better than nothing. I would like the rental part to be easier and more reliable to use. I like that you can integrate Zillow estimates and values to properties.

I liked that it integrates all my accounts and I can track rentals, home and business at the same time. Reports are fairly accurate and are very useful for accounting and tracking purposes.

Has bugs that I cannot figure out. Sometimes the transfers don't ever show up and the accounts get messed up. Hard to track rents in the format that is available. I can't figure out how to enter and keep all reconciled the way they want you to do it.

Phil
Phil
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Such a great software, I now teach it to my students.

Bewertet am 4.9.2022

I used this software for many years, and it became such a staple in my life that I decided to introduce it into the Computer Skills class I thought young teenagers. I think Quicken is an invaluable tool that will help kids get a great jumpstart in life, and make their money work for them.

I've been using Quicken for nearly 20 years now, and having so much history within the software allows me great forecasting and predictive knowledge.

Updates are always terrifying.....especially when I've got 20 years or transactions in there. Back up early and often.

Andre
Andre

Great for investment management

Bewertet am 9.10.2020

Quickbooks is really the kid on the block that is easy to have clients use for budgeting and investment management.

Investment management is a challenge if you are self-managing your investment portfolio but Quicken makes this easy. Easy to make entries, Flexible reporting

No ticker bar or quick glance investments, 3rd party integration not that flexible, no mileage management

Beebek
Beebek
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Why Quicken?

Bewertet am 14.2.2021

Good.

Good.

Tracking personal finances and business statements is probably the best feature in Quickens.

Sometimes transactions gets lost and do not show up.

Kashoo

Buyers Beware of Bullying (Extortion?) Tactics After You Buy

Bewertet am 22.12.2021

Very unfriendly customer support personnel who don't want to help problem solve

Very unfriendly customer support personnel who don't want to help problem solve

The software failed in its functionality on several fronts

After the product failed to download my transactions properly from my broker, I chose not to renew my subscription. Shortly before the expiration date of my subscription, two huge "reminder banners" appeared on my screen blocking nearly a quarter of the computer screen. Neither banner contained a "dismiss" or "X-out" button, only a button saying "RENEW". Because the banners block the screen, several more keystrokes are required during every transaction to complete them. When the banners failed to disappear, I called to ask how to remove them. After talking to two supervisors, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] , both were abrupt and unhelpful, stating there was no way to remove the banners without paying the subscription price. I was told that the original subscription agreement warned of some "loss of functionality" upon non-renewal, but there is nothing more specific mentioned to give potential buyers an idea of Intuit's penalty tactics if you choose not to renew the subscription because of product failures. Let this review serve as a warning that once you subscribe, you are locked in for life. Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware!

Tim
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Potential as a great product that suffers from poor quality

Bewertet am 7.12.2018

Quicken for Business has no real peers on the market. There are certainly much better SMB accounting packages, there are better investment packages and better rental property packages, but Quicken appears to be the only one that consolidates all these functions into one. This used to be a quality package with minor bugs. Since being spun off, the management has successfully converted this from a typical "license and download" software to an annual subscription service, meaning you have to continually pay to be able to use the software. They also appear to have changed something in the QA process, as it has become more common for updates to fix one thing and break two more. Still, the basis is there for this to be a great product if they can ever solve the bad development issues.

For a small business or and individual with rental properties, this product has a full set of features that, if working properly, could really help. Interface is easy to use. Most banking and investment services can be accessed to easily download and reconcile accounts.

Very, very buggy. Some features just seem to automatically cause the system to crash. It seems way too often that the data file becomes corrupted. Recently changed to a subscription model, so you can't really keep a stable release.

Greg

Online BillPay is not functional

Bewertet am 9.2.2019

If they resolve the BillPay problem, or if you confirm your bank will accept payment from Quicken through their DirectConnect feature, then the subscription/2019 version should be similar or slightly better than earlier versions. If you need BillPay, DO NOT UPGRADE Quicken until you can confirm they have patched their software to correct this apparent bug.

Subscription/2019 version is similar to older versions.
Tracks funds easily. Intuitive money management.
Allows download/sync with checking, savings, credit card, and investment accounts.
Subscription model is expensive, but will be offset by no longer having to pay monthly charges for BillPay.

Requires "upgrade" to 2019 version.
Requires deletion of old BillPay account and manual re-entry of all payee and account info during upgrade.
As of 2/9/19 BillPay is not functional. Have been waiting since 1/6/19 for account activation, so can still not pay bills through quicken using the subscription version I am paying for. Many other customers with same complaint. Support says still trying to resolve similar tickets from customers from December 2018.

MARK
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great financial tool! I would be lost without it!

Bewertet am 22.4.2021

I love this tool and use it daily to track all of my finances. i would be lost without it!

I love how quicken puts all of your financial companies all in one view. The biggest reason i switched from Yodlee was the fact you could add recurring future dated transactions. Many financial tracking tools do not have this. This was a make or break feature for me, as I like to see exactly how much money i will have in the bank in 30,60, 90 etc.. days in the future. Quicken does this, and does it wonderfully!

The only con I can think of is there are too many features. I am by no means a power user, and just use the basic transaction features. I do not use any of the budgeting tools or other such things, but I am sure they are very useful to others. It would be nice to see a simple mode that turned off many of those features if you are not using them

• Branche: Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen

A Product Whose Time Has Passed

Bewertet am 28.3.2019

Quicken for more than a decade has been "the" standard for personal financial management and I used it for many years to track my families spending habits, transactions, retirement and more. It's "the" gold standard for anyone looking to track their financial health.

Multiple online products, including Mint which is also owned by Intuit that makes Quicken, covers 90% of the features/functions that you would normally run on your computer. For those that don't want to trust their information to such web/cloud services then Quicken still remains a viable option. However, in recent years Quicken has begun to scale back on services like Bill Pay as banks and other online services take over. I don't think Quicken is going away any time soon, but it's very clear that it's time has passed and it's only a matter of time until Intuit makes the decision to retire the software.

Doug
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

have to hold your nose to deal with thieving Intuit (maker of quicken)

Bewertet am 4.8.2020

it sucks; see the cons.

it sucks; see the cons.

works most of the time but not always as upgrades have frequently broke my configured reports

they changed to a subscription service a couple years ago and force you to pay every year when I (and millions of other users) were perfectly content with the software that we already paid them for. While I hated that they were extorting a fee from me I almost got taken by them again when I went to downgrade my service to the lowest level. Their order form online starts the subscription the day you do the downgrade rather than starting it after my existing, already paid, subscription ends (which results in them stealing another month of fees from me). I hate them but as my title suggests; I put up with them because there is no other product that does what it does as well.

Randy

Quicken is Best Desktop based Home financial software

Bewertet am 22.7.2021

I have used Quicken for portfolio and asset management for over 20 years. The software has improved with new technology and returns excellent value.

Its able to link to and download complicated financial transactions, maintain their values, shares owned from most major institutions. It links to your accounts with most major bank and credit card companies. It also allows non-online assets ans liabilities to be tracked.

Their reporting shows net worth statements, cash flow statement and other reports suitable to track a large and complex portfolio of assets.

Links to some institutions can be damaged due to changing security needs. Their support in improving those links is excellent.

Joseph
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good bang for the buck for basic accounting

Bewertet am 14.1.2018

Smaller businesses with less than 30 rentals, should be able to use this software and compensate for te deficiencies with desktop software like excel. This would be a very cost effective way of having computerized check register and reporting while minimizing software costs.

Integration with almost every bank to download transactions automatically makes me confident that we will not miss any transaction and keeps me updated on our balances on a daily basis.
Categories and Tags are very powerful and flexible tools that allow you to custom configure how you use the software and define your reporting requirements.

Other than a good transaction register (with categories & Tags) , the program lacks many needed features for managing a rental business. The rental aspect is almost non-existaent.

Donna
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Quicken is Easy

Bewertet am 29.9.2022

Print checks, reconciling bank accounts

Print checks, reconciling bank accounts

Very easy to use and train new employees on its use.

All the different upgrades and customer support.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Quicken

Did not need software that detailed
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Not nearly as good as the Quicken of old before sold by Intuit

Bewertet am 8.8.2022

I have been using Quicken for decades and it was always wonderful software. Since Intuit sold out Quicken simply has far more bugs, does not work nearly as well as the prior versions. Its too late for me to switch, but if you are starting out in your own business, consider whatever alternatives out there are available before getting bogged down with this now very buggy product. Its the old cliche I guess, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Of course this new company had to change everything up, in particular the reports function and now I find it misses transactions often enough that I don't trust the software for accuracy.

It does its job though not nearly as well as the older versions

Very, very buggy and far more difficult to use than the older version

Michael
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Quicken

Bewertet am 14.11.2017

Still one of the easier desktop bookkeeping software to use.
Too bad no one else can create a...

Still one of the easier desktop bookkeeping software to use.
Too bad no one else can create a competitive desktop bookkeeping software for the general public.
Many competitors created only an online version which can be Useless if something happens to your PC or you don't have power or an internet connection!
Worse, there's a monthly fee for their online versions!

Relatively simple to use as the basic program is basically an electronic version of a check register.
Many financial institutions have a Quicken export function for its online banking feature making bank reconciliation a bit easier.

Don't need to use other features like investment tracker which is essentially useless for most other people
Intuit FORCES people to set up an ONLINE account to link the program to, mainly for tracking and marketing purposes which is complete BS!
Update function has moved over the years that it's not as simple to just click 'update' anymore JUST to update Quicken and NOTHING else!
Be careful about importing information as it may not import 100% of the banking information, similar to QB.
Intuit keeps marketing you to join its other financial services!

Bill
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

There is no better Financial Manager

Bewertet am 23.8.2018

I've been using Quicken for over 20 years and have a file with that much information. Because Quicken offers various ways to categorize data, I'm able to get very accurate information on my spending. The ability to interact with online banking is very good. While it has some modernizing to do, Quicken is hands down the best financial manager out there.

The company really cares about users. It is as detailed as you want to be. Can manage data in various ways for you to know exactly how you're spending your money. You can store PDF bills and documents in your accounts.

Doesn't work well with touch. It's coming along but not there yet. There are a couple undocumented "features" which can really screw up your data.

• Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Subscrption Only - Goodbuy Quicken

Bewertet am 25.10.2019

Basic checkbook maintenance is good. All the "whistles and bells" added are not worth the cost.

Used Quicken for 20 years for only Checkbook management - latest versions REQUIRES an annual payment for services not used. Per Quicken Support - while the software is usable without renewing, you cannot remove the full side banner (top to bottom screen) and banner on the top that insists you renew, renew, renew. This is so irritating I switched software. If you are looking for a simple tool to just manage your checkbook QUICKEN is NOT it.

Jena
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Overall good, but has room for improvements

Bewertet am 31.10.2018

Check if the software works with your financial institutions prior to purchase.

Check if the software works with your financial institutions prior to purchase.

It's a very lean and simple tool to use for most business structures capable of handling transactions of all types and frequency.

When I purchased this software a year ago, I was excited to use it because of its promise that the software works with most financial institutions. The hint here is "most". Unfortunately, the software doesn't support Capital one products and I am unable to load my transactions, I have to key them in manually. I am surprised that it doesn't support Capital One as it's a global financial institution.

The biggest challenge that this software isn't based on subscription, and incurs frequent updates, some of them caused glitches and I had to spend hours on the phone with a service team.

Marty
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Top Notch Software going downhill

Bewertet am 31.8.2018

I believe Quicken is making a mistake going subscription based only. I think they should offer a choice between product ownership or subscription based. After all these years with Quicken, I may be parting relationship because of this and I am not the only user who has the same sentiment. Short of going subscription based, Quicken would be a 5 star in my opinion.

I have used Quicken software of various versions for over 20 years.
Overall a great piece of accounting software.
Provides flexibility reporting.

Does not provide option to use account numbers (I have to incorporate account numbers within the account description)
Current versions are not going to subscription based.