MYOB Essentials

Online-Buchhaltung und -Gehaltsabrechnung für jedes Unternehmen

Katrina R.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Solid product for small business

Bewertet am 7.11.2018

Has been around for a long time. Tried and tested and is a great product. Starting to price a little higher but still competitive - especially if you have employees.

Easy to use and well laid out for the end user. Is great for small operations without complex needs.

Whilst bank rules are very handy - the auto reconciling of transactions can cause problems if rule set up incorrectly. Would be great if there was an option to make bulk transaction changes.

Joanne R.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

MYOB - easy to use, does what you need

Bewertet am 23.2.2021

Offers features that I need to do to manage the Company Financials. Support has been great and responsive.

MYOB is intuitive for the user to use, easy to use, simple to setup, has all the features you need to manage the Company finances. Also when regulation changes it quickly incorporates those changes and explains easily how to use the feature.

MYOB can get quite slow around EOFY - needs more grunt put in place around these times for cloud hosting. There is no live chat within the application for support.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MYOB Essentials

Pricing and easier to use.
Lee P.
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Bewertet am 22.5.2017

For a small firm with limited reporting requirements it is okay but for any jobs with Work Breakdown Structure requirements it comes up short and becomes a limiter for the company. I get very frustrated with the after sales support system. It is not customer focused and leaves you wondering why you pay for it.

Good basic internal controls so novice bookkeepers can run day to day.
Easy to install and set up.
Reasonably cheap for what you get.
Handles GST well.

Not the best for Job costings.
Payroll system ordinary serious reporting drawbacks as far as information flow to the General Ledger.
Tends to freeze in reporting production which can lock out users.
Support service is very poor, you get the feeling the staff could care less in resolving issues.
Interactive screen supports not used you have to send a file and wait for a response.
Wait time on the phone for support is very bad.

Paul T.
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

MYOB for Tradies

Bewertet am 30.6.2021

I had little to do with the software save reading my payslips and annual payment summary. These werre accurate and easy to read.

I received my payslips from the office and they were done on MYOB. They were easy to read and showed everything necessary

There was no app for my to use at the time to record timesheet activities. I had to make a google spreadsheet and email it. If I had an app then my pays would be uploaded and so less mistakes would have occurred.

Joe B.
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Manual System Converted into Digital

Bewertet am 29.12.2020

MYOB has changed the way we work, simplifies book keeping to take away so much pain

- Easy to signup and simple setup to get things started
- Pricing - Special offer for new start ups
- Invoice reminders
- Invoice templates look very professional
- Invoice shows when customer / vendor have viewed (SUPER HELPFUL)
- Intray for emailing receipts and tracking

- Not being able to invoice in multiple currencies, have to workarond this by invoicing in the charable foreign currency then after payment is recieved adjusting the template to the local amount that is received.

Warum MYOB Essentials gewählt wurde

Made the switch from doing everything the slow manual way! Can never turn back now

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MYOB Essentials

Price and special offer for new startups
Chris C.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Not my first option but still a good system

Bewertet am 16.10.2021

Overall it is not my first preference and I prefer to use a competitor.

I stated my career using MYOB which was my favorite software. It couldn't be beat. But that was over a decade as ago. Since then other contenders have surpassed the software in both useability and practicality. MYOB is still good at the core, especially for accountants and people with an accounting background. However for business owners I think it could be a bit confusing and slightly intimidating.

One of my biggest pet peeves for MYOB is the rigid structure and inflexible ways to treat transactions. For example, if a bank transaction doesn't match to the cent, there is no quick way of recognizing the rounding error and processing the transaction. Instead a series of clicks into the transacting to edit the amount is required, disrupting your workflow.

Paul C.
  • Branche: Konsumgüter

Probably OK If you Are a Trained Accountant or Bookkeeper

Bewertet am 29.9.2019

We wasted a lot of time and resources using this software for our small business accounting needs. Whilst it did the job in the end we believe there are simpler options such as XERO for us non- accountants.

As a small business owner not trained in the art of accounting there wasn't a lot we found easy about using MYOB Essentials. The reporting process at the end is probably our highlight.

We found MYOB Essentials cumbersome to set up and use. The support team was basically of little help. Sending files to our Accountant at the end of the tax year was a pain. MYOB Essentials is better suited to those with a deeper knowledge of accounting than what we have in our business. That is why we switched to XERO which we find much easier and more efficient to use.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MYOB Essentials

We chose MYOB Essential based on their reputation as a simple inhouse accounting software solution.
Michael B.
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

MYOB keeps us on track and informed

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

Ese of use, accessibility, features are simple, seamless integration, reporting functions, governance

None, it is clear and easy to use daily.

Peter M.
  • Branche: Verlagswesen
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

An industry standard, needs better support

Bewertet am 12.6.2018

This is one of the mainstream products available around and has a lot of users all over the globe. There is a great chance that your accountant is familiar with this and will be able to make great recommendations

Updates can be cumbersome and provided they work well they are easy to apply. I have had a couple of instances where we needed support and it has been very lacking. General technical support is poor with cancelled webinars and staff which appear not to know more than the most basic for troubleshooting.

Marcus maciej N.
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

The interface is ok but the customer service is terrible

Bewertet am 6.4.2018

I liked the layout of the software. It is generally easy to use. The colour palette and general design is quite pleasing to the eye.

It's quite expensive for a small business and of course they hide a lot of information before you purchase. At per month I could not enter more than 5 expenses per month! Ridiculous! Had to upgrade! Cancelling you account is very difficult and they will try and screw you out of every last cent. I will never ever use this company or software again. SO ANGRY at the account closing process. They might have stolen but it has cost them a customer and I will tell everybody I meet to avoid that software and company like the plague!

Karen H.
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Sold a dummy!

Bewertet am 17.8.2018

I have been a business user of MYOB for other companies using bigger MYOB packages for over a decade and find it fairly good although it has serious bugs which are reported by the truckload by all the accountants I know and they are NEVER fixed even after a decade. Like how the excel file download makes all the numbers text and the "manual calculation" field is auto set meaning you have to reformat each and every download twice (format numbers and turn on auto calc) to use the spreadsheet to add up.

Designed and run by non accountants

Nothing. completely useless. Doesn't comply with ATO requirements unless you have no employees and what business has no employees? Misleading advertising and advice.

I am a small business with single employee. Noting that one touch payroll was becoming mandatory next year I decided to put my accounts on a basic package to comply. I rang up and they sold me MYOB essentials telling me it would fully comply. After upteem dozen attempts to create a single employee which failed I ring up and they tell me well actually this entry level despite having all the menu structures and appearing online to do payroll does not do payroll at ALL and I need to pay almost double.

I found the set up very very nonintuitive in its coaching. You start one entry set up the field, then it takes you away to a whole different menu you need to complete and then doesn't take you back to where you were. There are heaps of bugs and going online you see everyone else having the same problem.

Adam K.
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

not to bad...quit easy to use.

Bewertet am 18.9.2020

Customer service can be slow to respond. That said when you do get onto them they do know how to assist.

Simple and easy to use. A good range of add on products.

No real ability to grow with your business.
Its really only suitable SME

Rani R.
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great software. Does everything we need it to do and more.

Bewertet am 13.3.2018

Great accounting, and always updating with new features. Our accountant could just log in and do our end of years immediately.

-Highly customisable for invoicing and parts inventories.
-Has great reports. We found if you knew what you wanted to keep an eye on in the business, then you could design a report for it. Not all accounting programs or workshop software can do that so easily.
-once it was set up for our workshop, it worked amazingly. Very intuitive

-We were new to this software, and it took a long time to set it up, (6 mnths), specifically for how we needed it to work. (automotive workshop), You almost needed to be a trained accountant i felt.
-Support used to take at least 1 day if not 2 to get back to you.

Matthew K.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Don't start your business accounting with a regrettable decision, look elsewhere!

Bewertet am 18.5.2020

Underwhelming to say the least. I was partially sold on the fact that they have a customer service number to assist if need be, don't be fooled by this either, the call centre workers are rather unfamiliar with the MYOB product (unless I was unfortunate enough to speak with their newest member each time) and all my queries had to be looked up each time and they read answers from a screen which I could find on-line myself , they weren't able to elaborate nor answer any further questions I had outside of what was written in front of them.

Reasonably easy to use but have found Xero to be much better in almost every way.

Limited features and limited expandability compared to Xero. No was to have a back up of accounting file on your computer. If or once you decide Essentials ins't for you, they do not offer a way to transfer to their own Account Rite product nor do they off to export data to Xero. They will give you 1 month access as a read only before all data is deleted off their server unless you pay $25 Per month for the remaining 5 years you're required to keep the data

Quickbooks Online

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MYOB Essentials

The only reason I foolishly chose MYOB was because of their time and name in the industry and I knew someone else who used MYOB and found them ok at the time but who is also now in the same situation as me and wanting to change over to Xero.
Daz

Okay but . . . . .

Bewertet am 7.8.2013

We have been using MYOB accounting plus for over 10 years and recently upgraded to the new Accountright 2013.
The new version is very similar to the old and this makes it relatively easy to adjust to. There was a bit of dancing converting 10 years of accounting data to the new format and eventually we got that done and away we went.
The first thing that struck us was how slow it seems in comparison to the previous software. (MYOB Accounting plus v14). Data entry is not fluid and constant delays in processing. We contacted MYOB support regarding this and "they are working on the problem" so it appears it is a common problem.
It is updated with the latest reports and payroll taxes and supposedly compliant with the ATO.
There is a greater range of reports available but still the customisation options are limited. What you see is what yo get, give or take a field or two.
The "cloud" idea is novel, but due to the speed restrictions it is of little real benefit.
Payroll is the biggest change complying with the new regulations, and taxes, but unfortunately MYOB doesn't allow upgrading of the tax tables without paying for an endless subscription which equates to approximately $800 per year.
Overall if you like the early MYOB and can handle the speed reduction then its an okay upgrade. If it wasn't for the reliance on MYOB data for the previous 10+ years and the swift talking sales rep that convinced management to upgrade, I would personally be looking at alternatives.

Compatible with earlier versions.
Interface is very similar to previous versions.

Expensive for what it is!
Slow!!!!! For small or casual use it MAY be okay, but for any real data volume, its just too slow. (Even on the latest PC)
Relies heavily on the internet (could be cause of part of the speed problem)
Limited customisation

Chris P.
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

good value in terms of the price

Bewertet am 12.9.2017

The software is good for a small entity but once you grow and need more detail it becomes a handbrake on information.

easy to use ,A very easy to use and follow accounting software, the flow of information is easy to follow

I have been using the MYOB Essentials purely for payroll of a bout 10 employees. I find the customer service frustrating as it seems impossible to actually speak to anyone.

Arslan R.
  • Branche: Bankwesen

The Software helps me to evolve in my career my much .

Bewertet am 4.5.2018

The benefits are countless. I am really happy and exceptionally relaxed with using this software. By far, its the most reliable and efficient software that I have encountered.

The systematic features really helps to sort out the accounting issues. I am always leading the task upto the standards and mostly efficiently only using this specialized software.

The complications of finding a specific set of files is really hectic. I have to go through the whole bunch of files and reenters the balance whenever I have to made some ammendments.

Chris F.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

This is great accounting Software thank you

Bewertet am 9.2.2017

I have been using this software for over 10 years it is a bit expensive but works well
Especially after it went to cloud based

And I like if anything goes missing my computer gets Stolen or burns or virus then I don't lose everything because it's on the clouds

The cons are that it is too expensive for what it is

Kate W.
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Bewertet am 14.9.2018

Being in the cloud makes access to this program easy. It is user friendly and easy to navigate. The cost did increase quite a bit over the 6 years I was using it but it is pretty relative to other accounting software available.

This program is in the cloud so it can be accessed from anywhere that has internet.

You couldn't do a recurring transaction.

Adam C.

Bewertet am 16.8.2017

This software is easy to use and organize. This software allows me to track and update information easily and in a timely manner

I like the dashboards that show the flow of information from beginning to end. Reconciling the bank is very easy to do as well as enter in new sales and purchases. It's also very easy to export data into excel if additional analysis is needed outside of MYOB.

Generating sales reports, P&Ls, and BS is a bit cumbersome. It would also be nice if it had a 'dashoboard' feature, like xero, that shows all the relevant information on one page. Having one spot to go to for most of the day's relevant information would be very helpful

Pam D.
  • Branche: Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung

Small business user

Bewertet am 10.7.2018

Good program for small business and very easy to fix mistakes but no audit trail

Easy to use and can have detailed accounts set up,at 4 levels
Reports are set up so easy to use out of the box
Great program in box

From an audit perspective not great as you can renter things without an audit trail
No reporting flexibility

Nicole G.
  • Branche: Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

One of the top software for bookkeeping

Bewertet am 14.11.2018

I enjoy using MYOB simply because it does everything you need for a small business - sometimes needs more explanation with accounting though for new people.

glitches with POS machines is really the only thing I ever came across with this program, so not alot from a small business perspective.

Marilyn K.
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Processing

Bewertet am 24.7.2018

The background of MYOB needs to be updated to keep up with the updates

This software is easy to use . It has all the modules you need to run a small to medium business in todays environment.

Processing is slow and will freeze the screen Myob does not like large files which is a huge problem.

Mark S.

MYOB Review

Bewertet am 26.8.2020

I like that it has been around for many many years, and the functionality has NEVER changed or been improved

The lack of development and modernisation of the product

Michele H.

ease of use

Bewertet am 5.12.2018

Makes my work life convenient

Helps a lot with accounting work for clients. Myob essential version allows me to log in and work on in where ever I’m located (as long as I have internet access)

Only worked when there is internet access available, not available offine.