10,000ft Plans Bewertungen

4.3/5 (44 Bewertungen)

Exactly what we need - after trialling 10+ apps/services

Bewertet am 2.11.2015
Quelle der Bewertung

We've been looking for project budget planning, time tracking and resource allocation planning tools for our agency. We tested 10+ different tools/services.

For our needs we found 10K plans the best. It's almost a 100% percent match with our workflow.

It's not an end-to-end tool but helps where we struggled the most: resource allocation and budget tracking.
It comes through that it has been designed by people who did similar agency type work.

The approach / concept is brilliant and most importantly kept simple yet flexible

Great fit for our processes:
* Bidding/planning
You can draft a project - it immediately reflected in resource allocation. Or change the resource allocation and it's reflected in the budget.

It's immediately visible if your planned allocation is over the budget - so you can cut scope or ask for increased budget.

You immediately see if you over allocated people: you can stagger projects or bring in more resources

* Tracking
The project analysis bars with incurred / forecasted vs. budgeted time & expenses are giving a fantastic one blink overview of a project's status.

User experience is one of the best among the products we reviewed. It's especially important for time entry as all people hate to do it.

Reporting is great, slice and dice as you wish and drill down even to individual time entry level

No project cost analytics - calculations/reporting are only based on billing rates. Although you might be able to use your costs instead of billing rates but then you lose some other abilities (eg. pricing)

No out of the box integration to accounting systems (we use Xero). It would be great to reconcile expenses to or from Xero. They have an API but it requires custom development to integrate.

Some minor usability improvements would help (eg. zooming in / out on resource planning, long project/phase names with people names and allocation info truncated in some zoom level, etc.). But overall still much better as most of the other tools.

A bit pricey: USD 15/user/month

Antwort von 10,000ft

Thanks for the great review, Peter!

Mit Google übersetzen

Quick and easy way to schedule resources.

Bewertet am 4.8.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Good control and visibility of resource scheduling for low effort

It is very well designed. It's fast. Like the name suggests it gives you a high level view of your business for very little effort. Interaction is intuitive - drag the schedule around and zoom in and out so it works at any scale from daily increments to annual. Over utilisation and availability in hours are clearly displayed. Whilst it feels light it does have some depth. Time recording, P&L, custom fields, API integration and pivot table style reporting are there if you want them. Project / stage hierarchy is very handy and tags and filtering are great.

Not much. Be nice if you could create a new project from the schedule view. It would be good if you could customise colours per project for the schedule view, but colours are reserved for commercial status - confirmed, unconfirmed, leave and non billable. It is a sensible design decision as it saves users from creating project "soup" in the schedule view, but some will want that freedom.

Mit Google übersetzen

Elevated our internal resource allocation, saving us hours each week

Bewertet am 21.2.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

10,000ft Plans was our choice after a vetting process of several weeks and over a dozen different products. We needed something to improve our internal resource allocation capabilities to prevent over- or underbooking while also providing task management and schedule management both at an individual and company-wide level. When the 10,000ft team presented us with their "Schedule" view, we literally "ooh"ed and "aah"ed. It remains the most exciting feature about Plans for us, in addition to the reports and analytics we're able to run on our team's utilization, project budgets, and more.

The 10,000ft team is very receptive to feedback on their product (in fact, they often reach out to gather our feedback rather than waiting for us to provide it, which I feel is a sign of a great company), and we have had several suggestions for them that could improve our experience with the tool. Their response is always to be curious to understand the request and to thoroughly consider whether it's a change that makes sense for the tool as a whole. It's also happened more than once that we've mentioned a suggested feature they are already working on for the next update!

What we'd still love to see from 10,000ft is a more robust task communication system ("comments" on tasks aren't given enough weight in the interface for us to provide full communication among team members about what needs to happen on any given task, leading us to double-up in chat or email with full details), as well as some additional categorization on analytics. For example, there isn't currently a way to isolate only projects that are over budget or within a certain percentage of maxing out budget; instead we have to scroll the project list to find them, and then analyze one-by-one. There are a ton of other ways to categorize projects that are very useful, though.

It bears repeating that this is a company that is eager to learn from its customers. None of our input is cast aside even if it's not the right fit for the product overall, and that means a lot as a customer who depends on this tool. If you aren't getting enough insight into resource allocation, and if you want more insight into your project budgets and employee utilization, Plans is a solid option that has improved our workflow.

Mit Google übersetzen

A powerful resource management tool

Bewertet am 28.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

The program helped us move from the manual tables to the real system. The ability to use a platform with a small amount of data for rapid planning or a large amount of data for deeper immersion in projects with a greater degree of certainty. I also like the new project toolbar and sort-able columns and resource management. I solve the needs, which must perform both the operations and the strategy that my business requires. Everyone in the team has a clear idea of ​​all the projects. Not only the specific stage of the project that they have appointed, but all the others who work with other components of the project.

It would be nice if the graphics changes occurred in real time, and anyone who coordinates the planning, you do not need to update your browser when configuring. Some interface elements seemed uncomfortable, I would have to start again, because I'll look at the person and have to switch to the team. Navigation between species was not always easy.

Mit Google übersetzen

Not overly happy with the product

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It lets me see my team's schedule in a way that makes it easy to see where they are and what their availability is.

Due to the fact that I have used other similar software at other companies, there are a lot of things about this software I do not like. The import is very limited. They finally added bulk project edit but still doesn't allow you to edit the important fields like resource or placeholder. We have a lot of projects and resources so the system is extremely slow, sometimes unusable. The schedules should allow you to copy and paste a project or drag and drop when there are multiple people on the same project. It doesn't show a lot of information when you hover over the scheduled task. You can't set the working time for a 40 hour week because then it won't let you schedule anyone for the non-working day like Saturday and Sunday. I could go on and on.. I have to use this software because it is what my company decided to go with, but if it were up to me I would use another product.

1.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

10,000ft is just the tool that I needed to effectively manage teams and projects!

Bewertet am 6.10.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Ease of reporting and visibility into what my team is working on

The interface is very easy to use and I like the ability to set-up our accounts, projects, and teams. I especially like the reporting functionality and how easy it makes it for me to forecast staffing needs and revenue while reporting on how as a team we are doing in comparison to what we forecast.

I'd like to be able to assign a custom color to each of my Accounts so that I can better visually see assignments based on that. Other than that, the tool is awesome!

Mit Google übersetzen

Overpriced, needs to hire a UX person, misses the point

Täglich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 29.9.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Capacity resource management is super helpful. The end product & level of analytics that 10k can achieve is very helpful.

The work needed to make the system useful took 1 person's time over 1 full month to onboard 10 people.

The pricing structure are in lots of 10 people.

This is the single worst UX application I've ever been swindled into paying for.

The time tracking uses decimals instead of time 1.5 is 1 hour & 30 minutes...

It was just a bad experience.

We switched to Harvest + Forecast. WAY better.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the honest and direct review.

It sounds like 10,000ft wasn¿t a great fit for the way your team works. As every company has its own nuances, we know that our solution won't be perfect for all teams. Often, the first few months serve as a pilot for evaluation to understand if and how our software might help support your process.

We¿re always working on improving the software and balancing the desire from some customers to add more complexity and the desire from others to simplify. We know it can be a daunting task to find the right software for your needs, so we appreciate you taking the time to evaluate 10,000ft and we¿re glad to hear that you¿ve found another good solution for the size of your team and needed functionality that this time.

Best of luck,
The 10,000ft Team

Mit Google übersetzen

Outstanding application that has improved how we run our business.

Bewertet am 7.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Simple but powerful. The design is clever - we looked at many other options in the market and 10kft is a standout on great design. The design allows to to have deep insight and visibility into resource management in your company. Love the ability to forecast revenue.

The extra features of the Pro version do not justify the cost. The expense function is weak. We had to build a manual interface to our accounting software (QBO) - would have liked this off the shelf.

Antwort von 10,000ft

Thanks for the thoughtful review, Raj! We love working with your team.

Develop and plan with 10,000ft Plans

Bewertet am 27.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

The program is very effective in organizing projects and will help you anyway. Creating tasks, adding people, building teams, exchanging with media-files - everything is fine. The interface is easy for perception and is quite well-designed as for me. Generally, I have not noticed big problems while working with it. By the way, the program easily integrates with tools for building apps software. You can freely contact the support team, in case you need any help. I recommend you to try and then decide on this tool.

After the inclusion of many people to the work it becomes difficult to operate within the program - the overall picture fades. Some functions are hard to customize to your needs, some are just hard to find, because they may be deeply hidden.

Revolutionized project tracking

Bewertet am 24.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Coming from excel, this was a warp speed jump that greatly simplified our time and record keeping. The interface is simple and reactive to change. We use it to automatically track bill rates against time spent and fee caps. I can't imagine running our business without it. Customer service is a standout.

It would be nice if the expense features were more robust. The feature is not built for what we use it for, so it only works ok.

Mit Google übersetzen

Solid resource management and project budget tracking platform

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Doesn't try to do too many things. What it does do, it does well.
Gives managers the ability to understand resource availability well, and gives a clear picture of how projects are tracking on a financial level.
People do their timesheets more often than not with this software, which is a big compliment in and of itself.

Misses some level of granularity in how you can set up project financials specific to your company.

Mit Google übersetzen

Strong resource allocation, time tracking, and budget tracking

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Versatile and flexible resource allocation tool. Works well for our 50 person creative agency. Ability to assign resources to projects, determine project budgets, see burn rate against project budget.

Would like more sophisticated reporting visualizations. Time tracking interface is not as good as Harvest.

Mit Google übersetzen

Very easy to implement & use

Resourcing / scheduling and analysis

Visual , easy to use.
Users are happy with the product
Basic features are good.
very good for overview of your resources (and planning)

Reporting limited and not detailed enough.
Inability to define/change calculations/formulas.
Enhancement of reports builder.

Mit Google übersetzen

Our entire company runs off, it revolutionized our billing model

Bewertet am 20.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love how you can allocate team members to projects. I also love that it got us away from the "timer method" of time tracking. This is much easier for my team.

The reporting functions leave a little to be desired. Most of all I would love for job costing to be included.

Progess!

Bewertet am 19.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

I was leery of the way "insights" and "plans" were initially split up, but I must say - 10000ft hit it out of the park with the reinvention of this software! The program allows for creative, strategic thinking - which a lot of PM software does not.

There is no native mobile app. It does always work well with certain browsers and occasionally have to remind myself to "save everything."

Mit Google übersetzen

10,000 ft is a great tool for resource planing ad project reporting. I'd be lost without it!

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

All I need in one view! Great scheduling tool. Great for reporting on time used per project. And great for reporting budgets for customers.

Analytics page won't compartmentilize, can't arrange saved reports into folders. It is a pain when you have many customers with lots of different saved reports. They are hard to find as they are also not in alphabetical order.

10,000ft Plans

Weitere für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 30.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

User Defined Reports
Even if you're not buying into the big data trend, you can't discount the value of good reporting. 10,000ft Plans has the high-level dashboard you're used to, and its reporting platform lets users create custom reports based on their own business needs.

Allocate Resources Across Projects
If your project teams are ever-changing, 10,000ft Plans's ability to view to allocation of resources across projects can save you many headaches.

Budgets and Expenses
Talk about time savings. 10,000ft Plans cuts down on the need for multiple systems or integrations by allowing users to create budgets and manage expenses within the platform.

No Customization Options
Calling 10,000ft Plans rigid might be a stretch, but its lack of customization options should be noted. It's more than just visual tweaks too. For example, you can't make custom fields to save off data that might be specific to your company's process.

Lack of Collaboration
Depending on the organization of your company and its projects, collaboration within your PM solution may or may not be important. With that said, if built-in collaboration is a big selling point for you, 10,000ft Plans will most likely fall short of your expectations.

Mit Google übersetzen

Dramatic change to our daily planning and scheduling, simplified and consolidated our time tracking.

Bewertet am 23.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The custom features to allow us to filter the tool to our unique inner workings as a company.
I also love the new project dashboard and the sortable columns.

I don't care for the amount of clicks it takes to create a booking. I also wish there was more descriptions in the bookings instead of just the hours so that we know what we're booking. I also wish there was a better dashboard for project managers to view all of their resourced bookings on one easy to digest dashboard.

Antwort von 10,000ft

Thanks for your feedback! Great to hear that you've been enjoying the new project portfolio dashboard. We're heads down working on a sleek new way to add specifics to assignments and keep track of the status of the work itself, which will help you add the level of detail you're looking for when resourcing. Stay tuned :)
- The 10,000ft Team

Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to Use, but lacks core functionality

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It's ease of use and mobility. It allows me to easily adjust time for people and pull quick analytics when necessary.

It doesn't link people's time sheets to the master schedule and it makes it really difficult as our resource manager to know accurately what people are working on.

Mit Google übersetzen

TTF works great for long term projects

Scheduling and pulling reports

It is straight forward and easy to use. The analytics allows you to pull reports that are very helpful.

Flexibility - sometimes its cumbersome to make updates and share with other divisions who have different holidays.

7.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

An easy to install and use program. Very good customer support.

Bewertet am 19.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Enabled one stop reporting for all projects as well as providing an easy overview.

Ease of use and user interface. Customisation is easy and straightforward. Basic reporting is functional.

Reporting can be limited. No Gantt chart - scheduler is not as comprehensive as a Gantt chart. The inability to set reminders at key milestones.

Mit Google übersetzen

Bird's eye view of project budget.

Bewertet am 27.7.2015
Quelle der Bewertung

We recently switched our time tracking software with 10,000 Feet simply because it was able to replace numerous independent applications used internally to manage payroll and project budgets. 10,000 Feet provides a true bird's eye view of the enterprise allowing us to properly manage our project resources effectively.

10,000 Feet lets us view complete schedules, and allocate the necessary resources to the corresponding projects, pre-filing fields so that employees do not report time against incorrect projects inadvertently. It also provides real-time metrics to compare how you are billing against your projects: are you over or under budget. All this is effectively done with little or no effort.

As a Scrum Master, 10,000 Feet has made my job of resource allocation and tracking extremely easy.

10,000 Feet provides individual, project and enterprise view of resources, projects, time and budgets. Expenses are also managed and its reporting and filtering capabilities are extremely helpful. It has a high level of flexibility to keep accuracy with your project budgets.

I would not say there is a con, only that it was so jammed packed with features that it took a little time to get used to it from what I was used to working with.

Mit Google übersetzen

Overall, I think this is a great scheduling and forecasting tool for a small, virtual team.

Täglich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I like the user interface the most. I am a visual person and this tool paints a picture for me very quickly. I can easily see who is overloaded and who has capacity. I also really enjoy the analytics and reporting features.

Our team finds the task functionality misses the mark. We would like to use it for more specific task tracking with sub categories, which currently does not exist in 10k'. Also, I would like to see more data around estimated versus actuals hours logged. Currently, the team cannot see how much time they have logged toward a specific phase and how much time they have left to log.

10000 ft plans

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Very quick, not a lot of loading, lots of options and very detailed ones. You can do anything you want

There arent a lot of cons in my opinion, but i think the user interface could use a little face lift

Revolutionized tracking

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 31.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I also love the new project dashboard and the sortable columns.

Lacks some important features. Vacation/PTO tracking should be more robust. QB export is not customizable. No ability to dictate payroll period. Lacks notifications for approval processes.