Resource Guru Bewertungen

Cloud-basierte Teamplanungssoftware

4.5/5 (132 Bewertungen)
Jane D.
Mit Google übersetzen

Saves us so much time and energy

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Friendly staff, and very quick response time.

The ease of use and availability of the schedule to all of our users - even when they are on the road has made everyone's job easier. It was quickly adopted - even by the technophobes in our company - as it was so intuitive.
Gives a great 'at-a-glance' view of everything we have coming up an the reporting options are great too.

It would be nice to be able to have a 'confirmed/unconfirmed' option (or something similar but, in the meantime, we have workarounds.

Leticia M.
Mit Google übersetzen

Resource Guru has been a game-changer for us

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love Resource Guru. It's the only thing that's shifted our capacity management into a new gear. By which I mean: No more trying to manage everything from a single calendar, complete visibility over workflow and appointments, and the ability to see at a glance how much time is available on any given day.

1. It doesn't try to do anything other than what it's best for
2. Calendar sync
3. Cost-effectiveness
4. Responsiveness of the support team (including on UX suggestions! Amazing.)
5. The little guru on the dashboard. Yeah it's cosmetic but it makes me feel good every time I log in.
6. Easy to set up and use.

The only things I really dislike a cosmetic and non-fatal. They are:
1. The inability to hit a "today" button to go back to today's date, and the thin scrollbars right and left
2. The fact that I have to literally click and drag events to create instances on non-consecutive days, rather than selecting dates.

Nancy E.

Resource Guru Review

Bewertet am 17.7.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Everyone has access to the schedule so each developer or designer not only knows what they're supposed to be working on, but what others are working on. We can schedule months into the future which helps us as we have projects that last months, not weeks.

It's easy to use. Everyone can see what's on the schedule or what they are supposed to be working on. I can see how long a project is in our production queue to ascertain when we'll be finished. I can schedule vacations so others know which resources are available on which date.

The times are sometimes not correct. It seems to think a work day is twelve hours long, instead of eight. It's hard to schedule several projects in the same day. It's easiest to assign a project for the whole day.

Antwort von Resource Guru

Hi Nancy - thanks for your review. I just wanted to question a couple of things you wrote in the Cons section. You said the times are sometimes not correct - I'd love it if you can send us an example so we can troubleshoot it for you - we are not aware of this happening to any of our customers.

You also said, "It seems to think a work day is twelve hours long". I'm not sure where you see this info - it would be good to assist you further with this. By default a day is 8h long, but Normal Availability is totally customisable at a resource level - this is actually a feature we have that other products we've reviewed don't.

Finally you said, "It's hard to schedule several projects in the same day". Again, this is a limitation we found in other products which is why we made it easy to create as many bookings as you liked in a day - to a very granular level eg for as little as 1 minute.

Would love to hear from you ..

Best, Percy

Sonia P.
Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to use high level planning tool

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Resource Guru allows our company to do long-term high level planning of resource utilisation and provide a guide lead time for sales teams.

I've been using Resource Guru since 2013 and it's constantly improving which is good to see. It's easy to use and provides decent reporting.

I'd like to see public holidays auto populated according to a country of choice and ability to limit daily bookable hours just by a number (e.g. 7.5h) without setting a rigid start / end / lunch break.

Simon M.
Mit Google übersetzen

Couldn't run the team without it

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Excellent. All our interactions with the team have been fast and successful. They clearly love the product and the work they do.

It's fast and intuitive and I am able to see at a glance and report on all of my team's​ assignments and accurately schedule all their time.

Reporting aspect. Stock reports are good, but would like to be able to drag them into a platform like PowerBI. Potentially via scheduled export to CSV or similar. Would also like some more customisation​ such as more leave types and an option to backup and restore information. Finally, audit tracking - who made what change.

Paula C.
Mit Google übersetzen

Provides Great Resource Management!

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

With many staff members doing field work, Resource Guru helps greatly with schedule planning and tracking where staff are at any given time.

This software is easy to learn and use. We can see the availability of resources at a glance, and it's simple to make any edits to current entries as needed. The option to add personal photos for resources is fun to use and adds a bit of personalization to each resource.

When choosing a date to enter information, we need to scroll over the calendar instead of clicking, because clicking on dates will automatically trigger a window for entering new information.

Reshma H.

SM user

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

As mentioned I have implement RG to both my previous and current working places. Its easy and simple, no complications, not clumpy.
I use RG on a daily basis to book my whole team's daily tasks.

Easy to use, simple for all team members. Looks visibly pleasing.
I have implemented Resource Guru to my previous and current working places.
Very good value for money.

Needs to have an action for users to click once they have completed the task. I have been waiting for this for a few years now.
Still not very mobile friendly.

Dale M.

Fantastic tool

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Excellent. It has been a fantastic tool for our lean, high-performance business.

Intuitive, easy to use, efficient. Simplified our weekly and monthly production planning radically, allowing us to focus more effort on forecasting production load, maintaining workload balance and ensuring good capacity to execute our projects.

Doesn't yet have the ability to set recurring events. Drag and drop functions are sometimes unstable, particularly with cloud syncing.

Pedro D.

Resource Management Made Easy

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall the solution is very robust and solid at what it does. It has been used for over 5+ years and does it job well. I would like to see a bit more is product feature evolution in terms of workflow management/triggers as mentioned.

The filtering capabilities allows different user roles to manage their teams easily and also find relevant skills in the agency. Many people have hidden skills and talents and having them searchable allows us to tap into these.

I would like to see more API integration efforts made into other applications.
I would like to see workflow triggers to handle people picking up work (validation) or not picking up work because they haven't been briefed in (trigger notification to manager) to help actually manage the validation of the acceptable of work by the individuals instead of having to follow up. This would remove a lot of chasing and admin.

Brittany L.
Mit Google übersetzen

Resource Guru is amazing!

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This program has been a vital part of out organization. I use this every day to schedule all of our resources for all of our projects and even PTO. We then download this information and use it to help forecast our revenue. It is incredibly easy to use and manipulate. The Beta is amazing!

I would like it if you could add a rate to each booking. That would make it easier to forecast revenue. Other than that, the product is great!

Brent J.

Maintaining High Resource Utilization through Coordination and Resource Guru

Bewertet am 23.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall Resource Guru has significantly contributed to our ability to schedule, review and plan our resources. We have increased our overall utilization of resources by using this product.

We like the ability to visualize our employee utilization on a company-wide basis while being able to generate other utilization views by department and resource type. This helps us determine any utilization gaps and plan for cross utilization to ensure overall high utilization of our resources.

I would like to see a few more customization features for how the system currently treats over-bookings. We would like to be able to over-book resources and it show their utilization at 100%+ rather than it showing the conflict and a lower utilization until the over-allocation is corrected.

Nikki K.
Mit Google übersetzen

A great way of organising your day

Bewertet am 15.1.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

That you can easily move jobs around if they need to change and can book off holiday time and meeting time so that you don't overbook yourself.

The waiting time bit could be better if time is overbooked - doesn't allow for different lengths of working days.

Antwort von Resource Guru

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can most definitely customise the availability of each of your resources on a daily basis - not every day has to have the same availability.

You can set resources normal availability (which is the availability which repeats on a weekly basis) and you can also create availability exceptions if you need to make a temporary change to someone's normal availability.

You might find this article on resource availability useful https://help.resourceguruapp.com/customer/portal/articles/2162590

I hope this helps, but please get in touch if you have any questions. We're always happy to help!

Thanks,
Kat

Melissa P.
Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to onboard and easier to use!

Bewertet am 13.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Resource Guru helps our agency see availability of resources to ensure we are allocating projects efficiently. Without it, we were running blindly and were hoping that team members would speak up when they were too busy or too idle. Now, we can see this ourselves (days in advance) and prevent talented employees from going unused.

- Color coding clients
- Being able to manually adjust hours/availability per resource
- Limiting permissions per user
- Adding in when employees are OOO
- Search feature to check skill sets and who has worked on which client before
- Saving searches so we can quickly view groupings of employees

- I wish there was a way to search bookings for key words
- It's unfortunate that this tool doesn't link up with our PM tool, Asana
- There's no 'undo' button if you accidentally click and drag a booking unknowingly

Jessica A.

Resource Guru - helps tackle lack of resource visibility

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We are now able to track all of the resources within our department and run metrics on what is being worked on and what our utilisation is across IT. We also use this as a recharging model to our businesses so this is a vital piece of software.

The software is an easy to use format with searchable features and the ability to track personal from their actual hours work to the forecast showing future demand. The ability to allow resources to book against multiple codes and be organised in multiple teams means that reporting from the tool provides vital details for our KPI's and metrics, helping drive improvements and efficiencies within our organisation

There is a limited pipeline of change and growth of the software, which does not allow development in areas that would be useful to our company.

Steve C.
Mit Google übersetzen

The entire team are there to make sure your experience with the product is easy and beneficial.

Bewertet am 13.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Provided visibility and allowed tracking of the team members, contract end dates and the ability to generate accurate invoices for the customer

The product is easy to use and allows the administrator to manage teams, plan and review previous activities.
It can be used for recording or planning and gives a level of visibility that is lacking in a number of products.
Although the team are constantly looking at ways to improve the product, it never strays away from its core and prime functionality. Many products try to grow into a bigger, wider space and lose the key elements that attracted customers to the product in the first place.
A customer of ours was so impressed with the product that they too purchased it after seeing the value it afforded us.

It would be great if there was an App which could be opened rather than a web browser, although this is only a minor consideration with the number of browsers out there.

David S.

Resourcing consultants

Bewertet am 25.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We have a number of delivery teams spread throughout Australia, and these act in remote locations, and in overlapping areas of interest.
Resource Guru gave us quick and easy ways to see who is available, who is not, and to see teams (location or project based) and be able to plan our people.

Ready accessibility in both the field and the office without needing setup on the device.
Clear interface.
Simple filtering of team records to be able to determine resourcing constraints, etc.

On occasion, it becomes difficult to determine where work is on site or off, or whether a planned consulting visit is a firm date, or a flexible date. This could be down to how we are using it, though.

Luke M.
Mit Google übersetzen

Time management made easy!

Bewertet am 13.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The tool really makes time management easy and extremely visual. It does away with ugly excel spreadsheets and with a neat UX, it allows for easy time forecasting whilst also enabling you to easily keep on top of your time expenditure! I genuinely love this tool.

Along with the tool, where there are areas for improvement, the development team are happy to listen and actually make changes based on feedback! I've provided feedback with a couple of times and both have been integrated into future updates - this is a company that listens and constantly develops for the users' needs.

Very difficult to outline any main cons, as like I said above, any issues I've had with the tool historically, they've been resolved!

If I HAD to provide one, it'll be how the tool works across different devices. It's not especially mobile friendly...but that's me scraping the barrel for a con.

Ben F.

Great resource scheduling tool

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love the ease of use and functionality to add and change bookings.

I'd like that their is an app version to make navigation on a mobile a bit easier.

Paul C.

Visual planning delivered

Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Visual planning helps me tremendously. Resource Guru has everything I need.

Lack of integration with Teamwork, I'd love be to see a two way integration that passes jobs/tasks/dates between the two tools.

Dennis V.
Mit Google übersetzen

Guru will get your team into gear

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

At any time the producers and project managers have a full overview of what the creative team is up to, if they have time to work on other projects and their availability. it is easy to work with for top line planning and for in-detail remarks or instructions. As you can limit the workdays to 8 hours it becomes quicky apparent if additional resources are needed as you create "on hold" projects.

it is easy to plan projects and see what every team member is working on, when holidays are happening and their general availability. No more questioning what they should be working on when their project manager is not around.

it suits the purpose I have for it, but it would be great if you would be able to archive non-active projects easier than handling them one by one.

Christopher H.

Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Please see why did you make the switch

-East to use
-Visually pleasant
-Free
-Versatile (eg. can add time off and shows in different colour)

I did not really find any cons with Resource Guru. However, perhaps it would be nice to have an option of integrating with Microsoft Outlook?

Rachel G.

Generally an excellent tool

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I like how easy it is to track my schedule, my colleagues schedules, and our communal equipment.

I dislike getting the email with my daily schedule at midnight. I'm not sure if this is a company setting, or if the email could be moved to a more useful time or cancelled completely. It would be helpful to get an email if your schedule has been changed for the next 48 hours or similar.

Bettina C.

Creative department

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Love the product but would like to see some more detail in the functionality

how it looks in calendar view, the simple drag and drop of booking.

would like the option to customise the order of appearance (ie drag and drop). it also desperately needs an App! Could also do with the ability to customise the height of the rows so you can fit more in one view (I have 48 people I need a birds eye view of and the row height is a bit of a waste of space). Also the dashboard doesn't have wait list on it which is a pain for users. The reports are a it archaic as well so would like some more options there.

7.0/10
James R.

Part-Time Power-house planning

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Resource Guru has allowed us to keep track of many, many freelancers and zero hours staffs availability over a number of projects across different business divisions. This allows us to share staff easier and takes work out of scheduling and at times saves us hiring and instead lets us give others new opportunities

Recently my favourite feature has been the ability to organise groups of people into teams. It really helps with quickly identifying shifts and availability in mine and others teams.

Our issue is the time availability settings. Our work is set across multiple projects that have ever changing start times outside of the'9-5'. Since we mainly use it for operational shifting rather than day to day planning, we have to set everybody as available 12 am to 12pm everyday.

7.0/10
Amy B.

Guru Review

Very good and wasy

The scheduling look with the bar graphs.

Capacity is tough to really gage what is happening from a project level.