Workday HCM Erfahrungen

Kelly
Kelly
  • Branche: Restaurants
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Workday helps our company recover payroll benefits

Bewertet am 23.5.2023

We are currently implementing Workday HCM across the organization for onboarding, benefits, staffing, time monitoring and absence management. We will be enabling the administrator self-management feature shortly. We will appreciate the ease of navigation and module features we started with Workday. I have previously used three workforce management systems - PeopleSoft, UltiPro and ADP. I consider Workday to be the Cadillac of such systems. In just six months, we have corroborated that the choice of HCM, benefits and payroll system was the right one. We liked the fact that all customers received the same version of the program and that there were partial semi-annual updates. The customization is in the business procedures that the delivering application creates within the system you have been given. No "bolts on". Another big plus for their team managers was visibility, and we appreciated the way security is role-based.

Our first experience was open enrollment last year. Those who tried it, stated that it was very simple and easy to use, Workday's interface. Accountability and visibility for absence monitoring. Managers have the ability to look at each team member's time off, as well as each team member's balance. Our company encourages employees to control their personal information and gives them the ability to set up and assign by pay type their direct deposit, federal and state withholding. In addition, everyone has a different perspective on their payroll, focusing primarily on salaries.

Out of the room, we didn't know what we didn't know. It took about 4 months to work out some of the personality issues and link the pieces together. Know how business processes affect each component individually. Some components are very finicky. In order for the system to work properly, there needs to be someone who is the in-house maintenance and troubleshooting specialist.

• Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Increase HR and payroll compliance and daily efficiency

Bewertet am 13.11.2023

Post-sandbox testing, Workday can update and release software. This sandbox environment allows me to try things out, observe what happens, and then fine-tune my procedures. Many issues are resolved because to Workday's ability to notify workers of pending tasks and make information about those tasks readily available to them.

If you're familiar with the system and its customizations, you should be able to accomplish just about anything using Workday. I really like how workday can be used to both investigate past company procedures and improve current ones. After years of using ADP, I have concluded that Workday is the superior HR software.

In my opinion, the time it takes to find and interview potential candidates is too long. While Workday's learning resources are excellent, I do wish they provided more configuration-specific instruction.

Rick
  • Branche: Öl & Energie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Workday is good for Tracking Employee Time, Time-off Requests, Goals, & Achievements, and...

Bewertet am 3.6.2024

Easy of use to enter information into. I like how it links to Outlook also.

I'm not sure. I haven't used a lot of it's features yet.

Kay
  • Branche: Öl & Energie

Workday Recruiting - You'll set back your recruiting function years behind

Bewertet am 21.6.2017

integration w/ Workday HR - not enough benefit to outweigh the functional negatives

Graphical Interface - cool graphics is the only positive
Yes it integrates candidate data with HR (if you have Workday HR) but that benefit isn't worth the flaws

Workflow is too restrictive - nice in theory but you have to go back to you in-box to move the candidate to the next step
Offers take forever and if you make a mistake you have to resend to leader for approval
Everything is effective dated - if you have a recruiter who started after a req is opened they can't take action on a candidate who applied before that date (terrible for vacation coverage/new hire recruiters).
Can't search by candidate name (e.g. you are looking for John Smith - Names tha thave J or S in them come up in no particular order - also can't use the ATS as a sourcing database (we had a progressive sourcing team and they couldn't use it)
Recruiters in a high volume environment will hate it - it takes literally 4x the time to hire a candidate in the system. There are too many steps and flaws.
There are many more issues - My company met with Workday User Experience Leader and they listened to the feedback and in a year - no changes were made. These aren't configuration issues people - these are architectural design flaws. Run don't walk from this software - It's at least 5 - 10 years away from anything on the market.
You will impact recruiter morale in high volume recruiting shops. If you have very low volume recruiting then I guess you could live with it.
Reporting functionality is almost nil - doesn't come with any really useful canned reports - very limited.

Ronnie
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Make your workday, workweek, and work year easier

Bewertet am 28.3.2024

We tried for years to handle payroll on our own. We were lucky that we did not make any grievous mistakes during that time. Once we realized just how little we did know about payroll and tax compliance, we were terrified that we could be doing something that would jeopardize our non-profit status. We initially considered bringing on a new staff member to do nothing but payroll. When we realized just how expensive this addition would be, we opted to look for software options. Workday has checked every box we needed.

We are a non-profit organization. Our entire business model is based on supplementing the very low fees we charge our clients with donations from generous individuals and companies. These donations are contingent upon us maintaining compliance as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. There are simply too many regulations and annual changes to payroll statutes for any of our current staff to keep abreast of, and hiring a staff member with the necessary knowledge and skillset is cost-prohibitive. Workday, in essence, gives us that new staff member. For significantly less than an employee would cost, we are able to operate with full confidence that all of our needs are being met.

The initial implementation was fairly intensive. However, once we completed that phase, we have had no complaints about the time or effort involved in using Workday.

Alfio
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Workday HCM Has Brilliant Features

Bewertet am 24.4.2024

I like the simplicity and ease of use of Workday HCM.
Workday HCM has been a great payroll management solution.

For proper human capital management, Workday HCM is the best tool.
No dislikes.

Rajiv
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Workday Review from an employee perspective

Bewertet am 7.5.2024

The price-to-return on investment ratio is quite good and the features are ever-evolving

The things that I like about workday are the feature-rich dashboard and an integrated platform that provides management of applications, posting of jobs, and workforce management including payroll and leaves.

Initial learning curve can be made simpler for non-power users

melissa
  • Branche: Personalwesen

Workday Review

Bewertet am 4.5.2024

I enjoy the ease of logging in automatically to workday and being able to search associate up by name or ID number.

I do not like how fast Workday logs users out

Victor
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Workday Portal

Bewertet am 4.6.2024

Amazing. It is highly recommended from the Employer and Employee side.

Amazing. It is highly recommended from the Employer and Employee side.

Fantastic features which are very easy to use. Dashboard is great. Very user friendly.

Not applicable. I have not found any negative features which gave me a bad experience.

Joana
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Workday User Review

Bewertet am 23.5.2024

Overall experience is very good, no wonder will use this again for future reference.

Easy to navigate and to use with, no complications using it.

Using it for over a year I don't have any experience with this.

Kendall
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Using Workday streamlines organizational tasks

Bewertet am 21.7.2023

When it comes to human capital management, Workday HCM is hard to beat. It's easy to learn, has a wide range of useful features, and won't break the bank. You may get information on employees, recruits, payroll, and more with the use of this platform.

Many businesses struggle with adaptability, but Workday distinguishes out thanks to its intuitive design. In comparison to the MIS we used before, I found it to be pretty engaging. In my perspective, Workday can be integrated with a wide range of third-party programs. The internal hiring process is also simplified.

Workflow integration severely restricts its flexibility in terms of making global adjustments or edits. It's hard to navigate because items are split and there are too many action item tabs. It is challenging to acquire or develop individualized reports.

Hussein
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A Secret experts use to save time for away from job activities.

Bewertet am 29.9.2023

I am happy. I can concentrate on my life away from official job while Workday HCM gets the job done with high level of dependability.

I decided to keep Workday HCM for several reasons. First, I wanted to go smart with technological payroll handling, processing, audits and flexibility over workday payroll. Second, I wanted a software with more robust approach to job and the goals I have. It has driven my ambitions positively towards achieving them.Third, I wanted a balance between work and my personal life. I can now concentrate more on matters away from official job.

Pleasure to comment that I have none. Nothing in the features I like least. I find everything helpful and up to standards.

Mihail
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Approved game changer software. Workday HCM is an effortless treasure.

Bewertet am 28.11.2023

Efficient and profound. Try Workday HCM for excellence, flexibility and transparency. I am a happy user.

I can talk about the benefits of Workday HCM all day. It is very efficient and reliable tool. It has given us control over activities revolving around payroll, payroll audits and payroll calculations. Workday HCM is also very user-friendly and easy to use. One unique feature about Workday HCM is the urgency it treats my work with. It is quite fast and accurate.

Cheers to the good work Workday HCM. I am contented with what it offers. I cannot complain.

Anthony
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Workday Review

Bewertet am 23.12.2023

It is user friendly . The interface is clean and straight forward.

It was different than Peoplesoft. it took some time getting used to but then it was fine.

Morgan
Morgan
  • Branche: Personalwesen

Workday for Recruitment

Bewertet am 19.5.2020

Overall the experience has been ok, but if you are looking for a true ATS this is not the answer unless you make some serious tweaks to the setup.

Ability to use as ATS as well as HR database and tie candidates to employee once hired and onboarded.

Inability to see candidates on Requisitions that are assigned to other recruiters / users within Workday.

Lauren
  • Branche: Metallabbau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Workday - Powerful but Complicated (The Double-Edged Sword)

Bewertet am 3.1.2023

The best thing about Workday is its ability to work across countries and functions with immense power and customizability, while maintaining a workforce database and recruiting functions that are critical to a complex and ever-shifting employee base.

Workday is a powerful platform that seems able to do it all from an HR standpoint...and if it can't do it, the open API allows for seemingly-endless integration with platforms like LinkedIn, LinkedIn Learning, eVerify, and more.It's an excellent employee database and application tracking system, and once you understand the platform's organization and process, it's a powerful tool that can replace countless programs within an organization.

There is absolutely nothing intuitive about the program. Our organization is admittedly large and complex enough to further complicate the system, but the learning curve is so steep that we have to constantly create and update a Workday Wiki, and create a series of training videos to help staff learn their specific tasks.Part of that is due to the extreme customizability of the platform, which is a double-edged sword.We have an entire IT team whose sole purpose is to program, troubleshoot, and fix Workday issues. My role often requires me to support HR generalists and Managers in their use of the platform, and report the almost-weekly issues that arise from back-end changes.

• Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

End user - Used for Time-sheets, Payslips, && Time off requests

Bewertet am 19.4.2019

This application has so much potential. The opening page of it is so user friendly. After that though everything gets so confusing. There are so many different windows that open and the site is really difficult to navigate. Half the time I want to find information, I get lost trying to find it and completely forget what I was looking for in the first place. Hopefully as time progresses they will find ways to integrate more user-friendly methods to use the information.

- Pretty UI
- Convenient that all these things (Time-sheets, payslips, && Time off) are in the same place
- Has tremendous potential

- Haven't found a way to contact the company to suggest improvements
- After you submit a time-off request, no easy way to undo it.
- After you have removed a time-off request, looking at PTO requests you see ALL of the actions you took (request time, remove time off request) && it isn't just for one day EX) A normal workday is split into two sections (before && after lunch). So 4 in total if you took a day then cancelled it.
- After you fill out your time-sheet && save it. You have to go to a separate tab to submit it. (You need to know to do that, there is not a link to it after you save the time-sheet.) This should be on the same page for a clearer flow.
- The entries for the actual time-sheet are huge. There should be a smaller plain view that is easier to fill out.
- If you click fill from scheduled time it does not automatically un-check your Requested PTO days so you might accidentally charge x2 time for that day. (Regular && PTO)
- Paid Time Off is not intuitive. It asks you what date you want to know the pro-rated Accrued Time Off is. If you could just have a simple information sheet that says Total for 2019 (or whatever year), Accrued so far, used time off, planned time off, left over.
- Pay Slips are not intuitive: To see your pay slip you have to click "Print", then it says it will notify you when it is ready. Then you have to open the PDF of it. It should just display beside the dates, forward && back buttons would be a plus.

Vatan

Workday Lifts your HR process

Bewertet am 31.7.2022

It has been great

It has been great

Almost everything. time tracking, recruitment, employee onboarding, alerts, approvals, etc

Can customise and improve the Q&A forms. Provide more flexibility

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

greytHR

Warum Workday HCM gewählt wurde

Workday and its vast range of features

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Workday HCM

Features offered were very good
Soumi
Soumi

Review for Workday

Bewertet am 30.6.2022

I am using Workday regularly for applying leaves, tracking them, viewing my salary slip, tracking change in compensation, providing IT declaration, updating shift and stand by hours. Also, I have used Workday for requesting various letters from my organization automatically like experience letter, compensation letter, etc. The mail notification feature of workday enables me to receive notification whenever there is an update to my compensation or change in my role or on promotion.

Workday is a centralized workforce management tool that is used in my organization. In Workday, all the important day to activities of an employee can be performed like applying for leaves, getting them approved by manager, viewing and downloading salary slips, providing IT declaration, providing beneficiary info, address info, education info and many more. Various important letters like Offer letter, experience letter, etc can also be directly requested using Workday. It is a cloud based tool and can be accessed from anywhere.

It is an expensive tool that can only be used by big enterprises. Also, the workday UI can be confusing for new users who will find it difficult to navigate and find the required sections in workday.

• Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Money pit - a software company that charges you for regular updates to their software

Bewertet am 11.9.2020

Everything you do with Workday costs money. Forget the annual licence cost, that's only part of it - every time you send an email or phone support you are on the clock. Twice a year when the software gets updated you are required to pay consulting fees to Workday or one of their service partners to test that the update actually works at your end. Most new features and enhancements are not provided for free as part of these updates, so you have to purchase them. Third party applications that supposedly integrate with Workday only do so after you pay thousands of dollars for Workday to set that up for you. Hidden costs everywhere - you need to budget for 25-50% per annum in service and other costs on top of your annual licence fee. Be warned - it is a unique business model in the software world.

The workflows are really good, particularly for recruitment and performance management

The interface is unusual from a UX perspective, and everything is very rigid. Workday offers little flexibility or user customisation, unless you are happy to spend a fortune with one of their service partners. Their expensive user training courses are absolutely appalling for adult learners - 4 days in a classroom flicking through a 500 page bound workbook, anyone?

Ben
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Difficult to learn without paying for courses but still a solid option

Bewertet am 3.8.2017

I have only been using Workday for a few months. After taking all of the integration courses and starting to build integrations I am reasonably comfortable with the back end but no front end knowledge which is required to test at least the inbound integrations. Be prepared to spend days researching certain topics before coming up with answers. I recommend hiring a consultant to help in house developers learn the tools and functionality if you decide to go with Workday.

-Basic functionality for end users is intuitive and easy to use.
-Lots of options for integration with third parties
-Easy to use, custom, report capability with the option to expose reports as services (RaaS).
-Fairly easy to learn and use add-in for Eclipse for complicated integrations (Workday Studio).

-Training is expensive and is basically required to do an implementation due to lack of available reference material. Recording the online training for future reference is not permitted
-The workday community site is cumbersome (searches are not ranked according to relevancy and it can take many hours to find what you are looking for). Some workday studio components don't seem to be documented at all on the site.
-Certain functionality and community information is only provided to "Workday Implementation partners" which makes it nearly impossible to implement in-house without paying to outsource some of the work to a workday partner.
-Workday doesn't seem to have been built with performance in mind. Even with server side paging, reports and integrations are very slow.
-Lots of "hidden features." This would normally be a bonus but more advanced tasks require the user to know exactly what to search for from the application's search feature. Most of the functionality of workday is hidden in search results and isn't intuitively exposed in the UI.

Erika
  • Branche: Staatsverwaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Workday has , is very good

Bewertet am 5.5.2023

You to see that you’re able to contact certain individuals and what contacts are individuals that hand with who and where exactly does the Chena command lead in fall in the company dynamic which is really good and gives the building for employees to have access readily to make changes if needed on their own, or access, associated programs or departments

It is very easy to use, and, like it says, in a teamwork day, gives the overall function and ability to manage anything that you need to when it comes to daily operations, and overall employee productivity

I don’t like how some information does take time to get updated. It could definitely be more cost-effective if things were given better time management to see such information available immediately.

Douglas
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great Tool for People Management and is Very Easy to Use

Bewertet am 27.9.2022

Workday HCM has been excellent. Very easy to use, lots of capabilities, and allows employees and team members to use the software to learn more about themselves and opportunities. It has been great for learning about my performance and seeing how I can grow and succeed. Whenever I see my payroll, I also always check the breakdown to see if everything is correct. I love the transparency and all the good documentation in the software, so nothing is lost on your employee file.

I like how intuitive the software is in the company and how easy it was implemented and adopted by the company. There are many, many features that are very useful for the day-to-day or week-to-week activities of our employees and team. I really like how every step is transparent and it shows you the hierarchy each decision goes through. For example if you are taking time off, it shows you who needs to approve next and the chain of command. This software is really a one stop shop for all Human Capital management in terms of performance, payroll, expenses, time off, training, and career management.

I actually don't have any negative things to say about workday HCM. It is really easy to use, and the documentation is really good on my employee file. If I need something, I can find it on my profile.

• Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

The worst portal for employees I've ever experienced as an employee or as a teamlead

Bewertet am 3.12.2022

Has a LOT of features, tons of integrationsYou can basically do whatever you need HR connected within this one tool

It's the worst UX you can possibly meet out there among HR tools.Because there is a ton of features it takes literally minutes to find your thing.There is no search for the functions existing so if you need to change the title of your employee good luck finding that page!Time tracking like vacations requesting is a hell.Mobile support is another hell.

Seeba
Seeba
  • Branche: Biotechnologie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Makes it so much easier to apply jobs

Bewertet am 20.12.2020

All professionals know how exhausting the application experience can be. Despite being skilled, knowledgeable, and experienced and reaching to the last level of the interview process, for some unknown reason it is always given to some brown-noser or somehow was already promised the job to someone else and thus professionals are back to square one in the application process. This makes it so easy as it carries over the information from your resume and is intelligent enough to fill the entry fields accurately.

While very accurate, I wish it would also carry over my skills, languages, certifications. Workday would be the number one option. I also wish that Workday increases its marketing to make it a household name for applications - all companies should be using this software to recruit employees.