1.515 Bewertungen

1.515 Bewertungen
Sergio S.
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great for dashboards, but training is required

Bewertet am 5.12.2019

I generally use tableau to show sales data on dashboards to executives. Overall experience is great now that I have enough skill to operate and manipulate the data to generate what I want.

I like that you can merge different data sources to generate new views of data. for example, overlay a census report above your sales data and have a demographic profile of sales for the country. Also the hundred different graphs and charts to choose from. this scores me high points with the executives when I show them a fancy graphic in meetings.

We had some trouble with tableau speaking to our servers and applications which took longer that we wanted before we could start using live data to run reports. You must clean your data before you upload to tableau. the data scrubbing system on tableau needs work. This makes it difficult when using live data. I usually just use and extract, clean and upload.

Raghavendar N.
  • Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

On the fly BI tool with rich visualizations and Dashboard features

Bewertet am 21.3.2019

We used Tableau for Visualization BI apart from having Business Objects for reporting. We have created a story for a given subject with all the related information to present to the user. It gives a quick glance on what is happening on the sales of drug for a pharma company that I worked. Migration from non-prod to prod is very easy (unlike other BI tools). Cost of the project reduces a lot with Tableau for BI projects

Tableau has changed the BI world a lot. It has brought in a software, using with business user can create dashboard & reports on the fly and can check what is there inside. It allows the user to read through the data and derive the insights without much technical analysis. First it can connect to any database (I know about 44 database it connects) and you can set the data, slice the data needed for current analysis and then you can do quick reporting. It provide multiple features, like different charts, graphs and tables and mathematical and statistical functions for analysis. Once you have create multiple visuals you can put them onto one dashboard or multiple dashboards into a story and present the same to business

Even though it has rich features but it can support the Enterprise BI needs like business object or Cognos does. It does not provide all the feature for E L T (extraction, load and transform) which requires complex transactions. As data gets huge the graphs and charts become unreadable. also, this software is more useful to the business user for personal purpose than company wide reporting etc. The administration part of it needs a lot.

Kelli M.
  • Branche: Versicherung

Excellent Product but Poor Support

Bewertet am 31.7.2020

I've been using the software for about five years and it has been able to provide insight into our data in a way that no other tool has been able to. However, support is terrible for this product and some of the versions are released with a few bugs. We will likely continue to this but it is imperfect.

The software is very powerful tool and excellent visualization tool. It is easy to get started and there is a ton of free training available. The pool of users is great and the community is very helpful to new and existing users.

The support we pay for is almost worthless. We frequently solve the problem ourselves and it is time consuming to submit everything via their helpdesk with nothing to show for it. Providing logs and files and emailing with someone on the west coast outside of normal east coast business hours is frustrating. Tickets get "escalated" to the engineering team and that ends up being code for "we don't know and this won't be fixed by us". Turnover for their sales representatives indicates it isn't a great company to work for either.

Virginia M.
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Tableau Desktop is my must-have software. I couldn't do my job without it (nor would I want...

Bewertet am 5.12.2017

Tableau has allowed our office to look at data in new ways. Whether we're using it for data exploration or dissemination, it makes the information easy to understand and use, even for newbies. In the past, we used spreadsheets and PDFs to share data with various constituents, but they were dense and only offered a static view of the data. Now, with interactive dashboards, end-users can not only search for the exact information they need, they can also see how it fits into the big picture. This capability has led people to ask more questions and actually get excited about data and assessment. Tableau allows us to answer those new questions quickly and accurately than before.

I have been using Tableau Desktop for over five years now and I still get excited about it. First, Tableau is so easy to learn and use--the intuitive interface allows even first-time users to create amazing visualizations. Second, Tableau is a time saver. What used to take me weeks now takes days and what used to take days now takes minutes. Third, Tableau is versatile. There are many different chart types available, and with the ability to tweak everything from size to font to color, your imagination is the only limit. Fourth, Tableau is always evolving and improving. With each update, Tableau adds new features and capabilities that continuously make my job easier to perform. The software is capable of connecting with data in many different formats from spreadsheets and SQL to PDF's and spatial files, making it useful for any field or company that works with data. I could go on and on about the benefits of using Tableau, but the best way to understand my enthusiasm is to try the product--it speaks for itself!

Sometimes large data files can take several minutes to load. Tableau allows for the creation of extracts to speed up the process, but the initial upload still takes time. Tableau also does not have an auto-save feature, which has caused me to lose work on several occasions.

Margot K.
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Tableau: all-in-one data visualization and organization software

Bewertet am 21.8.2018

I have tried many ways to organize my files, especially my data for work. I had tons of trial and errors with different software. I tried Tableau and I have been using it ever since. Tableau lets me store my files and so much more. Tableau allows me to view my data in a way that I wanted it to be shown, organized and sorted. I can access different files using cloud and data warehouses. No other software allows me to merge two different data and viewing them as one except for Tableau. And because my data are to be shared with most of my co-workers, it allows me to do just that. It is amazing how easily everyone in my team can access the files through online and server. Another great thing about Tableau is its availability on iOS, Mac and windows, which increases the ease of my team’s accessibility.
My work requires me to review different trends on different topics and with a simple drag and click; I am allowed to review what I need with Tableau. It seems that Tableau is really created for my needs; it is just amazing that this software can be of so much help.

Tableau is great but it really was confusing at first, especially without any help or tutorial, the software had too many functions that it can take time to be able to learn a single task in it. A helpful solution is that Tableau has a help area where frequently faced difficulties can be answered and since many has already been using it, asking for help from others was not that hard. It was not that difficult to learn the functions of Tableau.

Janosch F.
  • Branche: Internet
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

The future of Big Data visualisation and processing

Bewertet am 25.11.2018

It took me some time to understand the scope and approach of Tableau. During this time i was confused and sometimes frustrated as It was hard to get static reports out of tableau. Once however I understood the magic behind it (well actually it wasn't Tableaus fault, but just me being stubborn) a whole new world of analyzing data opened up. A Magnificent, splendid, dynamic and playful way of getting answers from data and a completely new way of thinking questions to ask from my data. If you do not have to create static reports which you want to mail daily to a bunch of people but want to explre the secrets your data holds This is THE tool. Definite recommendation.

Tableau is centered around you as a user asking questions to your data. It is as simple as that and it works in ways not imagined before. Via graphical user antierface and drag and drop you combine aspects of your data and visualize relations. The coolest thing is that Tableau supports you without pushing or distracting. The process is emergent and makes it possible to walk the line from coherence to causality and have fun along the way. The End results look great and can be reformated by a couple of clicks in order to shift perspective or look from a different angle or with a different point of interest towards your findings. Tableu picks you up where you are and you can run it as SAAS or on premise, depending on your preferences. Also the API is simple and powerful, making the integration as a dedicated reporting and statistcs module, or more precise data visualisation playground to your existing product easy and convenient. By doing so you can add tableaus product-versatility, ease of use and beauty to a product and participate from its user friendly and open aproach to data analysis.

The licensing was a bit of a hassle as we started in the early days of tableau. Also Sales were very eager and pretty actively tried to support us. This never was a bad thing, just a bit too much. Also Tableau introduced support for document based databases rather later than earlier so we had a slight wait there. Then again, every time the did include a feature it was just bug free and worked like a charm so this was allright as well.
Two things are especially important when evaluating Tableau, from my point of view: The data you whish to process with it must adhere to a minimal standard (or you will have to do a lot of conversion before you can enjoy it within tableau). So older datasources might become somewhat bothersome or at least require a preprocessing step. Most important is that you understand what tableau is for: You will have a great time when dynamically and actively exploring data, even rapidly changing data or real time streams. If you use a tool for creating static reports you waste the potential of this great piece of human engineering and might run into issues.

Griffin B.
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Tableau Rocks!

Bewertet am 7.1.2019

Overall, Tableau is a fantastic program for getting automated reports created, published, and off your plate! The visuals are amazing and the subscriptions and alert system are my absolute favorite. The software has its quirks but I've yet to have a problem I couldn't logically program my way around with a little time spent on web forums. Amazing software, very useful, exciting to use!

I love Tableau because, to me, there is almost nothing else out there that does data visualization so quickly and so effectively. I love that you can import almost any kind of data source (I only use SQL or Excel as sources, but there are hundreds of other options). I love that you can then add your own calculated fields, group data into custom buckets, and create parameters which the user can input on the published workbook. I love that you can visualize the data so quickly and in so many ways (with color and shape/size as further attributes). It's like a pivot chart in Excel but so much more agile to use! Finally, I love that you can then build dashboards with these individual reports/worksheets that you create, publish them onto the web, and essentially "set it and forget it," thereby providing your end users with future reporting that is automatic and requires no further work on your end! The real beauty is the creation of alerts and subscriptions, which can email users on a schedule or depending on certain conditions. That's when life really gets exciting--it's like having a full-time robot managing your processes!

I definitely wish Tableau could write back to a database. That would be amazing. I've heard it's in the works, but for now, it's still just on my wish list. I dislike various aspects about Tableau that can make it quite tricky to use. When you publish a data source, you should really publish it first before creating any calculated fields, groups, or parameters. Otherwise, it becomes much more difficult to edit these fields later as you have to re-download the published data source to make your edits to those fields, and then republish your data source, which results in my having to ask IT to re-input the server refresh password to get the data to refresh on a schedule again. This is a tremendous headache. So it's best to create and save new fields at the workbook level, not the data source level. There are also a great many bugs I still run into with Tableau from time to time. Strange behaviors that show me it was created by a human being, as all software is. There is usually a way to figure out a workaround but you have to get creative. Tableau is quirky, for sure. Some actions in the local program work great but don't necessarily translate to the web form. For example, if you create a calculated field that depends on data from two different sources, that works great locally, but it doesn't work well once you publish those data sources to the Tableau Server, because, for some reason, it does not allow the calculation to draw from the separately published data.

• Branche: Verteidigung & Raumfahrt

Tableau Lets You Become Productive in Minutes

Bewertet am 24.1.2019

Tableau and especially Tableau server has helped our business share data much more efficiently and accurately than the old method of emailing spreadsheets and presentations around. The ability for anyone to manipulate the data and answer their own questions allows analysts to concentrate on the truly difficult and unique problems instead of cranking out a never-ending series of custom reports. Having the data connected to live source or warehoused data means everyone is up to date all the time.

Tableau is exceptionally easy to pick up and be productive, and has the ability to connect to almost any data source you can imagine, including REST APIs (though this is a pretty advanced process).

Cross database joins are an amazing feature that allow you to mix data from Excel, Oracle, MySQL and others on a single dashboard.

There are a ton of online resources available from Tableau, and the broader user community which help you in the event that you get stuck on a thorny issue.

Tableau also supports the Tableau Public desktop software which allows anyone to create and share visualizations for free on the web (though data sources are severely limited with Tableau Public).

Price is an issue, particularly if you're an individual or a small business. Woe be unto you if you're a small business and you'd like to set up a Tableau server.

There are some functions which we've all grown accustomed to in Excel which new users will expect to be in Tableau but just aren't--robust Conditional Formatting, for instance. However, in most cases there are workarounds and other ways of accomplishing the same task.

While it's easy to become quickly productive, most users will outgrow the easy stuff pretty quickly as they attempt join new data sources, or produce more complicated visualizations.

Andres Q.
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

A very intuitive business intelligence tool

Bewertet am 14.1.2020

I started using it while I was making my MBA and I was amazed at the easy of use and the possibility to make chart in a very powerful way beyond excel. Later on, when I was asked to do some complex representation of many parameters, Tableau has been the best and easiest option, beyond other 3 options I have tried from major sellers

- Very intuitive way o assemble data, no need for programming or special commands
- Easily change data from numeric to alphanumeric
- The most common and useful charts are available
- Easy to breakdown data into several clusters
- I once plotted 6 parameters in a 2 dimensional chart: X, Y, bubble size, color, name, icon
- You can build special read-only docs with the functionality to be read by Tableu Reader (as in acrobat reader)
- You can customize label, axis, trend and references lines

- Eventually some very specific charts are not there as chord, tornado, tree maps, nodes, gauges, alluvial diagram, dendograms
- Even with all the clustering, it lacks statistical analysis as Anova, hypothesis test between two set of data, normal probability plot

Anthony R.
  • Branche: Öl & Energie
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Tableau- Comprehensive Business Software with Advanced Reporting and Analysis Tools

Bewertet am 21.2.2020

Tableau has been a great asset for analyzing various reports and data sets. As a data analyst, I found it to be an invaluable tool for keeping my critical reports organized and easily accessible. I highly recommend Tableau as a business platform for both report designers and users as it provides unmatched flexibility in developing and using data sets in ways that will meet your complex business requirements.

Expansive functionality that allows the user to both manipulate and export data in a wide variety of formats. Export as an image, excel workbook, PDF file, Powerpoint or more. Multiple custom filter options that allow you to sort to the data that is most important to your needs. Easy to navigate through reports and convenient features such as adding favorites that will show up on your dashboard. Clean and professional interface that helps with organization of projects. Sharing reports within your organization is simple and there are restriction features which will allow you to determine who has access to the data sets as you see fit. Software gives information on when data was last refreshed, if the report is in real-time, or when the data is scheduled to refresh again.

Inactivity will cause you to have to refresh the page and remove any applied filters which will require you to wait again for the filtered data to load. This can be a little frustrating especially when pulling very large data sets that take a long time to load before you can pull them and then forgetting to export the data before the page refreshes. However, this is a rare occurrence as the refresh time is pretty generous, at least a couple of hours in my experience. Nevertheless, something to note for improvement in future versions.

Monish K.
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to Perform Complex Data Analysis and Visualisation from any type of Datasource

Bewertet am 26.4.2020

Using Tableau has been a great learning, discovering and analytical experience, the tool has been easy to use and effective

Tableau has a good community support, almost any question that you get has been already answered,

Tableau supports any type of datasources, it supports data from a simple spread sheet to any modern time Databases (such as Snowflake , AWS Redshift , psql, mysql etc...)
Dataset can also be a query or joining multiple tables etc, which gives us a flexibility to compute required datas in the initial stage itself so that worksheet creation becomes simpler,

Tableau has a wide set of functions and operator that can be used for data processing and has verity of visualisation options from a simple table to complex charts, histograms, etc ..

We have a option to use live datasource or schedule the data refresh on the extracted datasource to improve the performance of the dashboard,

has good verity of filter support using which data can be drilled down slice and diced, supports column level sorting etc ..,

the dashboard can be created using set of worksheet, worksheets are easy to create with the help of drag and droop support, most of the things here is drag and drop which makes it more easier to use

Tableau server maintains all versions of the dashboard, it kind of ensures version control

Tableau desktop application can perform slow when we are dealing with large data set, especially when dragging and dropping KPI's on switching from one worksheet to another, can reduce the development speed, so to avoid this use a small data set for development.

When we are using Extracted Datasource the publishing to server and importing to desktop works really slow, since it is transferring the extracted data along with the tableau logic,

Editing the alias of table columns are quit tricky not flexible,

In filters the Dropdown listing are hard coded strings, it wold have been better if we could us a dimensions or values and and also if it supported chain filtering

use of functions like TP90, Average etc , require the data set to be extracted , will not work with live data.

Thomas R.
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

A premium option at a premium price point

Bewertet am 19.12.2020

Overall Tableau is a great BI/Visualization tool where the only limitations are what your team can do with it. The platform itself has every bell and whistle you could want and provides a ton of customization for various use cases.
The challenge arises when moving to the logistical management of the platform, specifically around access, user education and price. While it might be great for individual organizations, our use case of deploying dashboards to hundreds of clients just isn’t what Tableau was built for.
If you have the right use case and team to support it, it’s a fantastic option. But if you’re lacking in those areas (or perhaps want a tool with more automatic BI/AI capabilities), there’s likely a better option for your organization.

There is a reason that Tableau is synonymous with data visualization tools to many people and organizations. It’s a premium product that can do pretty much whatever you want it to.
Tableau’s features are limitless and with the proper resources to maintain and deploy it, you’ll rarely identify capabilities that it doesn’t have. It is truly a BI tool that enables your team to overcome any obstacle they face.
I specifically enjoyed some of the advanced visualization capabilities of Tableau that more “basic” tools don’t offer. The time series visualizations are easy to configure and are always a crowd favorite. The ability to deploy on-premise or in the cloud means that organizations can configure to their preference.
All in all, it is an incredibly powerful tool that leaves very few stones unturned.

The three biggest drawbacks to our organization continuing with Tableau were ease of use, cost scalability and functional scalability.
Tableau is not the tool for organizations that lack technical resources. It’s not as “plug and play” as other options on the market and requires significant training of architects to fully take advantage of all its capabilities.
Tableau also isn’t the ideal solution if price is an obstacle in your organization. Frankly, it ain’t cheap. Depending on your desired level of investment and the number of users you’ll need, it can run the tab up quickly.
Additionally, user management in Tableau itself isn’t an issue, but deployment presents its challenges. Other options on the market are much easier to introduce users to (here’s your login, go to this URL and boom, you’re good to go) whereas Tableau requires more configuration. This is dependent on which Tableau version you utilize, but there are efforts involved in scaling the platform.

Masa T.
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

The de facto tool for all future analytical instrumentation professionals

Bewertet am 27.5.2021

It helped me to combine multiple data sets and create easy-to-understand graphs. I used to use Access and Excel to create matrix tables and graphs, but with the sequential conversion to Tableau, I was able to obtain results in about an hour instead of a full day, which dramatically reduced our work time. The result was a dramatic improvement in efficiency. As I was able to drill down and deepen our analysis, I was able to visualize things that I had not been able to express before, and I was able to notice issues that I had missed. The data mart was built at the same time as the introduction of Tableau, and the data sources are now centrally managed, which strengthens governance. Since I can now check the results on a daily basis, which I used to be able to check only on a weekly basis, the speed of the PDCA cycle has increased, and I am now able to challenge various ideas more ambitiously. The ability to visualize data in an easy-to-understand manner has made the task of "communicating" easier.

I used to use Access and Excel to create reports on data aggregation and analysis of the current situation, which changed every day, and I had to repeat the same tasks over and over again each time. However, since I started to use Tableau, the freshness of the most important data has not deteriorated, and I can visually view the data reflecting almost real-time data. The basic operation is not difficult for beginners. The basic operations are easy to get used to, even for beginners, and it is not that difficult to get started. I can organize data that Excel can't handle and put it together in a way that is easy to understand, and I can use the UI to cross-tabulate, graph, and visualize changes in numerical values, making it very convenient to use. Another advantage is that no knowledge of SQL or other programming languages is required to handle the data. Since visualization can be done interactively, which is usually difficult when there is a considerable amount of data, it is easy to make considerations based on the data.
Since it is possible to quickly change the chart (change the aggregation unit, change the axis, change the filter, etc.), it is easy to get new insights since it is stress-free to look at the data, consider the results, and change the approach again. Data visualization that involves aggregation is powerful anyway.

I would like to see a more complete set of manuals. Statistical knowledge is not necessary, but some of the expressions on the screen are difficult to interpret, and it takes time to get used to them. The visualization is not intuitive, and when you try to do something a little more elaborate, it has its own quirks, and I think it requires training to make the visualization look the way you want. As for the display format of the graph, you can easily switch the format by selecting from the palette, but it is difficult to find the menu for things like drawing auxiliary lines. Sometimes it takes a long time to load the data, so it would be very helpful if that could be improved. It doesn't depend on the size of the data or the environment of the PC, so I would really like to see this improved. It tends to be very slow due to slow loading of data and loading every time you switch tabs. It is not suitable for advanced analytical simulations such as statistical analysis or predictive modeling. It is only a visualization tool.
I would like to see more options for license types and prices. The price hurdle is too high, so please make it easier to introduce.

• Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Tableau is the best data visualization tool on the market and offers great value for money.

Bewertet am 13.6.2021

Tableau has allowed me to present complex data in a very simple and easily understandable way thanks to the many visualisations available. This has made presenting findings and reporting to senior management as well as clients very easy. Tableau has been very reliable and has been a one stop solution for all my company's data analytics needs mainly due to the fact that it allows us to combine all our data across various tools and work on them together.

My company heavily relies on Microsoft Excel to initially record and store data so I like the fact that Tableau easily allows you to import spreadsheets from Excel as raw data which can be transformed into great visualisations using Tableau's powerful features. I also like the fact that Tableau allows you to combine data from different sources and work on them together. One feature I find most helpful is report scheduling which updates reports automatically each day. This allows me to automate a repetitive task which I would have had to devote time to doing each day and allows me to easily monitor key metrics.

Tableau can be quite slow when working with larger datasets. Also, although Tableau has great visualisations for data, I feel there needs to be more statistical functionalities to be able to derive better and more in depth insights from data.

Shane M.
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Tableau Recommendation

Bewertet am 29.6.2021

Tableau allows complex data to be simplified by visualizing it. We can take a complicated digital marketing budget daily task and implement it via Tableau user dashboards etc. This will then open possibilities to automating specific processes that are a part of the whole task.

Another point in my experience - we can totally use Tableau to create a dashboard that allows non-technical stakeholders to understand technical data via dashboards.

- Amazing data visualization capabilities
- Tableau can comfortably handle large amounts of data. A million rows of data can be visualized without affecting the overall performance of the dashboard
- Dashboards can be built interactively using the drag & drop function
- It runs effectively and efficiently across different devices &

- There seems to be no schedule or automatic refresh functionality
- There is no custom visual import option available
- Scaling may cause potential high costs if the organization is huge

Jonathan O.
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Easy to Use and Good Support

Bewertet am 9.3.2021

I build dashboards for executives. The executives typically need something very easy to use that provides high-level charts with the ability to drill down with clicks of a button.

Tableau is widely used and supported. There is plenty of documentation available to help users get started.

As a power user for a non-profit I find this software to be a bit cost-prohibitive. It would make sense in a business with the available finances. It is easy to use and quick to set up so I think a business would find it easy to justify this expense.

Cody M.
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

The Solution for Data Reporting In Systems That Don't Play Nice

Bewertet am 21.12.2020

Can harvest data from software and build complex reports, which can then integrate into other softwares. This saved our team dozens of hours per month. Tableau has a wide variety of uses, but mining data that does not pull in an easily reportable format is definitely the upside for my team.

The initial setup was complicated, but the customer support did a good job ultimately building it out for us.

• Branche: Automotive
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

So many features!

Bewertet am 16.6.2021

Better KPI tracking, we can run our inventory reports more often and with more options than before.

This has opened up a whole new world of reporting options for us. More intuitive than our old software, this gives users more flexibility in reportng.

There is defi itely a learning curve with it. To deep dive, you kind of have to know what you're looking for and doing

Alessio G.
  • Branche: Informationsdienst
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best BI tool both for technician and business users

Bewertet am 28.4.2021

Really positive. A leader among BI tools in the last years for Gartner.

For business user: it is really easy to develop beautiful insights and dashboards in minutes.
For BI technician: it is easy to customize dashboards to meets users needs without hard coding.

Data manipulation and ETL development overall is not so easy as in other tool. Sometimes Tableau Prep helps in such trasformation.
Performance can be an issue sometimes.

• Branche: E-Learning
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Finally, Reporting Made Easy!

Bewertet am 4.3.2021

Overall, I am very glad to be using Tableau for reporting. It really helps my team and I see and understand the reports easily so that we can focus on analyzing. The automatic updates and the ability to turn certain filters on and off have been a big game changer for us. If you're looking for a better way to visualize your data, I recommend looking into Tableau.

Tableau seamlessly integrates with Salesforce and allows us to create beautiful reports and dashboards. Prior to this, we relied on Salesforce for all reporting and we found it pretty limiting or difficult to set-up. With Tableau, it's been very easy to see all of our reports in one place. I love that you can toggle on certain filters too to change the dashboards easily rather than having to edit the whole thing. We also have ours set to auto refresh daily, which saves us time. I always found that refreshing my reports or dashboards on Salesforce took some time, but with Tableau this process has been sped up.

I have yet to encounter any difficulties with this software. The process has been pretty smooth so far.

Katie W.
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

Longtime User

Bewertet am 11.5.2021

great.

Tableau is just way easier to use. Ive used a lot of others. Yes many have features that Tableau does not. But when it comes down to ease of use and fast turn around Tableau is probably the best

Tableau is not great when it comes to time series data. Its ok. But the amount of contortion that is necessary to show meaningful data in a time series is a real pain in the neck. Also Tableau data blending is nonsense. Better than Alteryx? probably. But still.

Aurel G.
  • Branche: Computer-Hardware
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Aggressive onboarding, false statements. Not customer-oriented.

Bewertet am 31.8.2020

We were on 30 days trial. The trial was about to expire but things didn't work correctly. Tableaus aggressive onboarding team made me sign for a one-year contract anyway. They promised to support us until everything works. But that did not happen. So I talked to them. Someone seemed to understand and said, he'd cancel the invoice and give us another trial and hopes, thins will work. After a few months, it worked indeed. So we purchased again. But: we never got a license even we already paid. Statement: the old invoice needs to be paid. So although we have a written confirmation, that the invoice is cancelled, tableau didn't cancel and now we have no money and no license. Very sad company. The product might be great but the philosophy horrible.

Once you have your data ready in a way, tableau is able to connect, it's an easy to use tool.

There's supposed to be a web data connector between Filemaker and tableau. This is not working. Tableau sales representative do not care about it.

Nives-marie L.
  • Untern. Größe: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Tableau - Best BI Software

Bewertet am 11.6.2021

The ability to use multiple data sources and live data from server to build a dashboard is amazing. The final result is organized, professional and implementing changes on different sheets is simple and easy.

The interactive feature
lots of visualization option
Easy data prep process
Easy to use interface
Drag and drop feature

Steep learning curve for non experts
No pop up messages to help new users
Reporting does require knowledge of advanced SQL operations

Paul P.
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Best looking data analyst tool

Bewertet am 9.2.2021

Extremely happy with Tableau. Compared to other tools like PowerBI or Qlik, Tableau is far ahead, and improving all the time. Going forward, as the products are now, I can't imagine choosing any other.

Tableau Desktop absolutely produces the cleanest and most intuitive reports of any software like it. The learning curve for basic functionality is short and the online resources for deeper dives are plentiful.

Reports distribution in Tableau Desktop is clunky and connecting to SharePoint or similar distribution tools are too difficult to setup without professional IT assistance.
Tableau Prep is still in early stages of development. Some Flows take much too long for what shouldn't be so challenging an operation.

Shishir C.

Excellent tool for Data Visualization with simplicity

Bewertet am 25.6.2019

I have worked on domains like Telecom and Network where in I have been using Tableau. Its really liked by senior management as it shows each and every bit very clearly to relevant stake holders. For example, Marketing head likes region wise revenue sale dashboard which gives region/sales manager/product wise sale.

There are many features which lot of users would have liked:-
1. Connection to almost all database
2. Many types of Charts can be created including Sankey, Doughnut, Maps etc.
3. Its has the feature of data blending and data extraction
4. Dashboards can be viewed on multiple devices like tablet, mobile and laptops.
5. Its really fast while drilling down or filtering out from any dashboard.

Its a bit expensive tool as compared to other data visualization tools however its a value for money.