Symantec Endpoint Security Erfahrungen

Fernando
Fernando
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Traditional and trustful solution for corporative environments

Bewertet am 14.9.2018

It is my job partner, it protects me along my day without being disturbing. Rarely I see an advice for it or need to take a manual action, and it stills there, doing its good job. I recommend it, for sure!

In our company we use it for all the employees. Our IT department has full control over adjustments of all the installations. Employees don't need to worry about scheduled scannings, updatings, fine tunning or anything else. Its pre installed on all the machines and is there to protect, not to disturb. Its awesome!

What can be a pro in one hand, can also be a con in the other hand. The way it works on client machines, by being configured by IT department and not locally may cause some troubles. You just can't set an action different than quarantine a suspect object. But we all know that sometimes it can be a bad judgment from the antivirus side, like a driver for Android that I needed to install and it was classified as unknown source and therefore didn't allowed me to proceed with installation. At least an option to ignore the object could be better.

Drew
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit

Symantec SEP 14.2 and above

Bewertet am 7.5.2020

Could not ask for a better product from a security and protection standpoint. Occasionally there are issues due to due to Microsoft operating system updates, but they are usually corrected within days.

we have 500 clients using this software in 8 languages on 5 continents. We have had ZERO malware incidents on protected assets in 10 years of using this product. It is fast, effective, and fairly easy to administer with both on-prem and cloud options.

Symantec's license management and download portal leave a bit to be desired. Things may change with the sale of these products to Broadcom.

Jeff
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good virus protection but needs improvement in performance and malware protection

Bewertet am 21.3.2020

Classic and well working anti virus program with easy to deploy in business environment but still lacks protection again malwares and spywares. Performance enhancement may be needed to keep current clients and attract new users.

Well structured system including server side manager and workstation client deployment
Endpoint manager allows policy management in multiple areas including virus protection, firewall, exception and other areas. Client deployment has multiple options for server and clients as well as remote push or standalone packages.

Performance degradation is prominent when working with file based database engines like Visual Fox Pro . And protection against malwares and spywares are very limited at best. Compatibility with major programs are also concern. Latest version of endpoint client caused Chrome browser failure. Removal was required to make Chrome work again.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection
Isaias
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Symantec endpoint protection

Bewertet am 18.4.2020

My overall experience were positively a great program to have if your someone like me that writes a lot in coffeee shop having a endpoint protection comes in handy doing constant sans helping me get full protection.

What I like about Symantec endpoint protection is that is does constant scanning and checking for virus. I had I trojan house virus in internet and it picked it up. The constant updates feather helps get virus that tend to hide with the systems. It real time scan. Help gets things that other app don’t .

What I least like about the software is the new liecens can be different when you time is up.

Brett
Brett
  • Branche: Design
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

LONG TIME Symantec user, and still on board.

Bewertet am 2.8.2018

Symantec has protected my customers for many years, and I use it in our company also. We've never experience a threat that wasn't, or couldn't be, isolated and removed or quarantined. It's been a very cost effective solution for our company paired with our hardware firewall.

It's very easy to install and administer, as either a stand alone endpoint installation or a managed client endpoint. Updates are automatic and the built in firewall is very effective. I've been using Symantec products since we replaced McCrappy throughout our entire organization (enterprise class healthcare organization with multiple hospitals and ambulatory care sites) and have rarely had anything get past it. Given the state of Ransomewear today however, I highly recommend connecting your endpoint AV to a cloud database for realtime and zero day scanning and remediation. Symantec one of the oldest players in the channel and still one of the best.

The one problem I've experienced using Symantec Endpoint Protection over the years is that from time to time (rarely and generally localized to a workstation) the local database gets corrupted somehow and a number of steps need to be followed to repair the software and get updates flowing again. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling does not do that trick. Past that, it's always been a great asset.

Jose
  • Branche: Immobilien

Heavy and bloated

Bewertet am 2.12.2022

Not good experience using Symantec, I would prefer a lighter solution.

Not good experience using Symantec, I would prefer a lighter solution.

I liked that the updates are very fast and the UI is nice. The firewall is quite agressive

I did not liked the program is heavy on computer resources, if you don't have a powerful computer it will slow you down.

Brandon
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Robust and Reliable Protection

Bewertet am 18.9.2023

Symantec Endpoint Security is a powerful and versatile solution for endpoint protection. Its robust threat defense and network visibility make it an excellent choice.

I like its robust threat protection, which includes defenses against malware, ransomware and zero-day attacks. I also appreciate Symantec's ability to provide protection for both on-premises and cloud systems, which gives us the flexibility we need. The EDR feature provides complete visibility and in-depth analysis of threats. Finally, the centralized management is very convenient, allowing us to control and monitor all endpoints on our network from one place.

Despite its strengths, Symantec Endpoint Security can be a bit complex to set up initially.

Haythum
  • Branche: Computer-Vernetzung

Symantec Endpoint Security review

Bewertet am 30.7.2023

Symantec Endpoint Security offers comprehensive protection

Symantec Endpoint Security offers comprehensive protection

Symantec Endpoint Security includes advanced threat detection , integrated with Other Products , perfect in Support and frequent updates.

Setup process Symantec Endpoint Security can be complex it requires technical expertise and can be time-consuming , consumes system resources compared to other software options.

Matthew
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Protection from all cyber swashbucklers is ensured

Bewertet am 5.10.2023

Taking action in an environment where there are latent dangers of viruses every day, we have implemented Symantec, which gives us a fantastic, practical and efficient way of keeping things in order. Modulation and maximum security of networks, files and projects have been ensured due to this tool. It protects hardware and software, making it an excellent choice for maximum performance.

Symantec performs well enough to qualify it as excellent software, so I'm happy to report that it's great for everyday use and facilitates fast performance and deployment. I like it because all my network and files are secure. It has met our expectations and provides unique implementation and deployment. Ensuring the security of our network is crucial, and I'm glad that Webroot helps me keep them safe.

To perform a single action, I have to navigate through multiple subsets, which could be more efficient.

Boniface
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

A Thorough Endpoint Security Solution For Business

Bewertet am 26.10.2023

Well, we have used Symantec Endpoint Security successfully to secure our computers against online threats. It is also a great software for encryption

I like the computer security featuresI like the threat auditing and reporting capabilitiesIt comes with some great endpoint management features as well well as cloud security features

With Symantec Endpoint Security, there hasn't been major challenges as it works as it should. However, updates takes time to be available for downloads

Symantec Endpoint Protections - guards critical data safely

Bewertet am 17.4.2019

We are working in a health care sector which resides lot of critical and personal data. Data security is our main concern, Symantec endpoint protection provides us with the end to end security of files and customer data. it is installed in all the employees laptop and installation an configuration is easy, Automatic updates makes life simpler. The end user doesn't have impact on the scans being run on the system, occasional rebooting of system is required when any updated are done to the system. Overall a very good antivirus and Malware detection and kill software used in most of the high level corporate companies.

1. Compatible with all versions of Windows and Mac OS.
2. We use the cloud version of the software,Email notifications and logs about malware and virus detection are cool features.
3. Updates are automatic, we used to do it manually .
4. Build in firewall function is very effective as we get data from many sources.
5. Scans are even done on the applications being downloaded from web which ensures 100% safety.
6. Easy to scale up ad down based on the number of devices.
7. Proactive threat protection option is very useful.
8. The weekly and monthly scan reports can be scheduled and automated and the logs are very descriptive.
9. The interaction with the end user is very minimal and doesn't create any pop ups unnecessarily.

1. Annual renewal fee is little higher compared to other vendors.
2. Around 30 to 40% of the CPU resources are consumed during the scan process.
3.The laptop becomes slow while accessing files and data.

Wakkas
  • Branche: Informationsdienst

Symantec Antivirus for End Users

Bewertet am 1.2.2023

It was great to working on Symantec Antivirus.

It was great to working on Symantec Antivirus.

Its easy to operate and We can handle it without much training.

Technical Support is taking long time to resolve the issue.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

BlackBerry CylancePROTECT

Warum Symantec Endpoint Security gewählt wurde

Because of Pricing.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Symantec Endpoint Security

It was good in terms of Price and features.
Vicki
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Software protection for your computer

Bewertet am 12.12.2019

Save computer downtime and disruption. Helps to keep our data safe and free from malware and viruses. This prevents the cost of having to wipe and reprogram computers. there is a time and expense with this, not to mention the chance of losing critical information.

Like this software because I know that they are monitoring my computer 24/7 for viruses that could infect or even destroy my data. When I review something on the web or if I click into an email, this software will immediately notify me if it is a virus and takes care of it. Since the software itself is updated daily, they are always on top of making sure that the program is able to check the latest viruses. this is very important to us, because we need our data secure and our computers working in top condition.

I really have not found anything I don't like about this program - it works behind the scene doing what it needs to do. No software is full proof, because people are always coming up with new ways to create harm and be malicious. Since using this software we have had only one case of being attacked by a virus.

Sarah
  • Branche: Automotive

Peace of Mind

Bewertet am 10.7.2022

Symantec Endpoint Security is set up on all devices throughout our business on a multi-device plan. It is very reliable and we have not had any problems since signing up.

I love that Symantec Endpoint Security keeps our sensitive business information protected. It runs itself in the background so it's seamless.

There is nothing in particular about Symantec Endpoint Security but we often wonder what the difference between all the many other products that have flooded the market. Does it all do the same thing?

• Branche: Metallabbau

Symantec Endpoint Security Review

Bewertet am 15.2.2023

I used Symantec Endpoint Security for 2 years and I was very satisfied with its overall performance. The software is very easy to install and manage, making it an ideal choice for small businesses. The antivirus protection is strong, and I appreciated the tool's ability to identify and block threats in real-time. The management console is simple and intuitive, providing clear visibility into the security status of my network.

Unfortunately, I encountered some issues with the performance of Symantec Endpoint Security over time. The software can be quite resource-intensive, which sometimes slowed down the performance of my computer. I also experienced some issues with updates, which sometimes seemed to take a long time and slow down my activities. Finally, I found Symantec's technical support rather disappointing. While I was able to resolve most of my issues, the process often took longer than I would have liked. Ultimately, while Symantec Endpoint Security is a good security option, I think there are more performant alternatives on the market.

Timothy
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Essential Base protection for Small businesses

Bewertet am 26.3.2022

The price is really reasonable and the fact that you can centrally manage makes it better than independent Anrivirus. If you are moving from self managed antivirus youll really appreciate.

Low price, central update, and simplified user agent interface makes it do its job as required

Uninstalling is a pain, recovering password is worse, and the agent has a noticeable impact on resources for low spec machines

Josiah
  • Branche: Glas, Keramik & Beton

Sometimes makes sense

Bewertet am 15.1.2020

Look into whether or not your internet service provider offers this antivirus for free, if so, then it is completely worth it.

This software is often offered free when signed up with some internet services. When the software is free then it is my preferred antivirus. It has regular updates and keeps computers safe.

Most antiviruses are the same nowadays. I haven't had any issues with this antivirus blocking important programs otherwise causing more issues.

Jessica
Jessica
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Great product for Windows Server based networks

Bewertet am 30.4.2018

This software keeps my network running CLEAN!
It also allows me to have a one stop shop, so to...

This software keeps my network running CLEAN!
It also allows me to have a one stop shop, so to speak, to view all activities pertaining to my machines and network being in tip top performing shape!

Able to build both x32 and x64 install packages and push directly from the management console.
The management console allows the administrator to do basically everything remotely. Such as:
Scan machines, Schedule scans for future, push live updates, view quarantines, see last system scan, see if a scan was cancelled, and much more.
Also able to run reports containing which machines are in red (haven't had an active scan in x amount of time), which machines are clean, etc.

The administrator must have extensive knowledge of their network and the different locations.
End-users can cause the system to send A LOT of alerts to the admin due to canceling startup scans or trying to disable the software.

Alisha
Alisha
  • Branche: Öl & Energie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

It allows us to protect all our endpoint devices.

Bewertet am 10.6.2020

Symantec is deployed throughout our company, it allows us to protect all our endpoint devices by preventing infections from Trojans, ramsonware and malware, it is very effective and allows us to maintain strict control of how the devices are used through a control panel and a security administrator who decides which devices can enter the network that devices do not, this includes USB sticks and any other type of external device.

It seems to me that it is a very effective software in what our company needs, we have to take care of data and infrastructure that is expensive, it helps to keep all the systems clean and have a control of compliance with computer security policies, it is easy to use and allows to schedule scans so as not to interfere with regular work.

I have no complaints, we have used this antivirus for years and are very satisfied with its performance.

• Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Enterprise protection for your company computers

Bewertet am 13.5.2019

Our computers are coming already per-installed with Symantec Endpoint Protection. It is solid virus and malware protection tool. I get a notification of one web site ask me to access some permissions, Symantec Endpoint is warned me that web portal is suspicious even it seems like pretty normal education web site. It is up to dated virus and malware protection database really give me trust. I can schedule routine scanning to the night time so i don't effect from computer slowness when it scans

Malware and Virus protection is very reliable, very stable, easy to install and maintain product. It's notifications when they feel a threat is very satisfactory for me. It saved me from very potential threat situations. Almost weekly or daily up to dated virus and malware database.

When it scans all your computer, your computer starts to work a bit slowly. But you can schedule this scans.

• Branche: Design
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

A security shields for stop the attacks of virus.

Bewertet am 14.4.2019

Symantec security is an well design tool to protect our devices from powerful threats which could be so harmful for our important data. Symantec works smoothly and enable us to surf safely on internet . A good option for me to keep my all devices safe from risky threats.

Symantec is a security platform for us and as well as for our clients and it provide us basic security features. We can easily manage and protect our several devices from tricky virus and only one agent can control all devices. Symantec Endpoint Protection can automatically detect the upcoming virus or threats in our system. We can also scan our emails as well as our other useful files. Symantec antivirus is very useful for our several devices and also compatible with all kind of latest devices.

Symantec is good security option for our plenty of devices but also have some issues to work with this tool. when we start to deep system scan it takes approximately up to an hour to complete which is not so good for our business work. This antivirus contains a lot of memory in our system and slow down our system for other applications. Install easily but tedious to remove from system.

Mark
  • Branche: Internet

Brand Recognition

Bewertet am 11.4.2023

Overall the experience is fine. You may have to manually clean things up that other products handle better but it's still an acceptable product.

Symantec offers a good deployment experience and is fairly easy to manage. It's a decent product overall.

Symantec products don't always offer great protection. At times they have actually caused issues in an enterprise environment through their own update mechanisms. If you switch products it can be painful to remove and sometimes leave computers unoperational.

Matt

Quiet Endpoint Protection Software

Bewertet am 16.7.2018

I like that the software has a small footprint and runs quietly. I don't like when antivirus software talks to me or bugs me every five minutes with popups. Endpoint Security runs silently in the background, sends notifications when they're needed, and doesn't otherwise bother me. I might even forget it was there.
The interface is very minimal, not overloading you with lots of big buttons to click on.

I don't have much in the way of complaints right now, but I will say that while I like the simple interface, I do find that sometimes I would like to have a little more control from the user side, or at least the option to view it while sitting at a users desk.

Zuhairah
Zuhairah
  • Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Reliable in protecting my digital information and asset

Bewertet am 9.7.2021

Symantec Endpoint Security is a set and forget type of software that i only need to setting it for the first time, and then it will running everything automatically. Sometime, they will sending notification is any threat are found, and i only need to choose either to delete the files or quarantine it.

I have try to export the software licenses from my old computer to the new computer, the process is quite frustrating as there is no clear instruction on how to do it. I had to find information from forums and contacting the customer support for this purpose. It should be simple enough and only need a few keystroke to complete it.

• Branche: Bankwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

One of the best practices among traditional antiviruses.

Bewertet am 19.5.2019

The product offers improved user interface and successful system performance, especially in terms of simple operation. Enterprise is one of the most preferred antivirus applications in terms of compatibility for environments. The product is particularly successful in segmentation. It offers other detailed features such as the ability to capture inventory information from end users.

Not putting too much load on system performance, not consuming too much system resources, simple operation interface and maximum compatibility for enterprise environments.

It could be reduced from your chances of protecting end users against advanced threats only with this application. Another complementary product is needed in terms of protection.