Gusto

4,6 (3.880)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
Gusto macht die Lohn- und Gehaltsabrechnung, Sozialleistungen und die Personalabteilung erfrischend einfach.

(3.880)

Sortieren nach

Alicia
Alicia
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

I’m an employment lawyer and I consistently recommend Gusto to my clients

Bewertet am 12.6.2020

Customer support is great. This is a good company. They aren’t the cheapest. And they aren’t the most expensive. I think the extra cost is worth it to ensure compliance.

Gusto is easy and straightforward to use. But it doesn’t sacrifice accuracy for ease. What I like most about Gusto is that it makes it easy for small businesses to be legally compliant with complicated wage laws across jurisdictions. I haven’t found a legal error yet — and I can’t say that about any other payroll software or service I’ve worked with over the last 15 years.

I wish the price didn’t jump up so much for time clock feature. Getting clients to use the integrated time clock can be a challenge, and it creates unnecessary problems. It should be included in the base fee.

QuickBooks Payroll, Paychex Flex, Paylocity und RUN Powered by ADP

Warum Gusto gewählt wurde

Gusto is easier to use than RUN and is cheaper. It also has much better support. ADP plays sales games sometimes.

RUN Powered by ADP

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Gusto

I’ve got experience with all of these payroll companies. I feel that Gusto is the most reliable and easiest to understand and use.
Charlotte
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Checks all the boxes

Bewertet am 11.3.2024

easily the simplest and easiest payroll system we have used. easy for HR and easy for employees to manage

employees can edit their time with a little more freedom than id like to give

ian
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Wasted my time and money, was literally counting the days until the end of the fiscal year.

Bewertet am 21.1.2021

negative, cumbersome, patronizing, too expensive.

negative, cumbersome, patronizing, too expensive.

Nothing. I was migrated to it from XERO, when they decided to no longer do payroll

Honestly, I HATED the stupid animated piggy bank. Probably seems trivial, but it seemed emblematic of a company that was more concerned about making their software look like an iPhone app, than making it work well. The payroll was cumbersome. It woudn't let me do payroll early, or late. It basically made me run payroll within a two day window. Bank account low? Still made you run payroll, or would hassle you about messages about being late. Want to go on vacation and do a couple weeks of payroll early? Nope, out of luck. When they told me they would manage my health care premiums, I thought, great! Nope, after a week of emails and after several phone calls, I found out they were just trying to be group managers, and insurance brokers by offering me different insurers that I could choose. Zero help if I already had a group plan set up. Plus too expensive. Patriot is way simpler, and way cheaper. I do see lots of my millenial patients that are working for startups that probably won't be in business in 5 years seem to have Gusto as their payroll, so I'm just not the business that Gusto is a fit for.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Warum Gusto gewählt wurde

It was really just unwieldy, and poorly designed software.

Xero

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Gusto

was forced to Gusto when Xero quit doing payroll.
Ellenore
Ellenore
  • Branche: Maschinerie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for mid-size business

Bewertet am 22.2.2024

I like the ability to keep track of many employees and their pay information.

Nothing that I’d change. Great product, no complaints!

Ing. Ind. Manuel
  • Branche: Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Optimize payroll payment time and administration

Bewertet am 25.3.2024

It is very easy to use, its interface is simple and easy to use for employees and the administrator.

Their support is not so agile, a response can take a few days, it is something they must improve on since there are other platforms with better response times.

Rachel
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Very good but too expensive

Bewertet am 25.3.2024

Decent but too expensive, however i do recommend it to regular business owners

Decent but too expensive, however i do recommend it to regular business owners

I like how easy it is to use and that payroll is fast and accurate, and I really like the reminder emails

It costs too much for what it does, especially setting up payroll taxes in other states

Jeanette
  • Branche: Philanthropie
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

easy payroll for employees

Bewertet am 26.3.2024

Makes payroll easy and automated. The easiest system I have ever worked with from the employee side.

Everything works great - no complaints or even questions.

Loraine
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Gusto Review

Bewertet am 7.5.2024

It is super user friendly for everyone and helps keep accurate details.

There is not anything I can think of to dislike.

Thu Htoo
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Gusto review

Bewertet am 5.4.2024

Good for HR admin and business operation make faster to complete task.

Good for HR admin and business operation make faster to complete task.

User-friendly interface, easy to use. Gusto do automatically task and payroll processes.

Some of the limitations and cost are not easy for small business

John
  • Branche: Informationsdienst
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Great Interface as a user

Bewertet am 26.3.2024

I worked for a company that used Gusto, and it was the best HR portal I had used.

I had no issue with the software. It was always easy to login and get my information.

Delene
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis
  • Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS OVER THE TOP

Bewertet am 22.5.2020

We have had Intuit (quickbooks) for years and years. And for years and years we have hated it. The customer service is horrible, and so we finally decided to try something else. We found Gusto on an internet search, did a little research and decided that this smaller company might just be what we were looking for. Entering all of the employee information and weekly payroll numbers is super simple. The screens are easy to understand, not cluttered at all. And the Pig - oh the pig - there's a cute little pig that takes a walk when you switch screens. He's a cutie!!!

We are finally done with Intuit Payroll. So difficult to actually talk to a live person when you need help. I did a little research and found that Gusto does payroll for small companies so I decided to give them a try. My thought was that it certainly can't be any worse than Intuit. And WOW - did they ever Overdeliver! The absolute best thing about Gusto is that you don't have to go through a bazillion menus on the phone trying to figure out which number to press so that your call gets routed to the right person. You actually get to talk to a live person when you call their company. Setting up all of the employees has been very easy, nothing difficult to figure out, the flow from one screen to the next is not complicated at all. So far - we love Gusto!

The only thing that I think they could improve on would be integrating your existing numbers into their system. In order to be able to print accurate W-2's at the end of the year, I have to enter my employee paystubs from January 1 through today (May) into their system. It makes sense, I know it has to be done. It is just a tedious job and I'd rather not do it. Although I must say, that the 3 times I ran into a snag while entering the information, I called them and the issue was fixed instantly. Their customer service ROCKS!

Jenni
Jenni
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best DIY software in the payroll market

Bewertet am 6.1.2021

I have been using Gusto for for a couple of years now and love it. They are consistently working on improving and seek guidance from their partners. Like with any software, there are funny little quirks that you get to know. Overall, it is a fantastic platform.

Gusto's self-onboarding and employee communication is leaps and bounds ahead of their competition, as is their clean, user-friendly interface.

Customer service has been struggling recently. There should be a way to have a salary that doesn't change when the hours are changed. The other downside is that if there is an error, you have to void the entire payroll. An option to void a single check would be a great improvement.

Patriot Payroll

Warum Gusto gewählt wurde

Gusto is more user friendly and allows for collaboration with the employer, employee and payroll processor.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Gusto

Direct deposit turnaround, features that Patriot doesn't support
Brenton
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

The best payroll service period! I'm always recommending to others!

Bewertet am 16.9.2021

From my very first client to the many I've added since, Gusto has been easy to get in touch with.

Setting up the company is a breeze. It walks you through every step to help make sure you have all the information correct. It'll even show you how to get state and local tax numbers, if needed.
Setting up employees is even easier! All you need is the employees name, pay rate, and email! How crazy is that. After you enter that information, and email gets sent to the new employee to fill out all their paperwork online. Remember though to get their i-9 forms, because once they are done filling out their paperwork, you'll need to verify their i-9 docs, but it's way too easy!! Haha.
Let's run payroll. Well, if it's the same each time, you can have it set up to go auto. Set it and forget it! If not, again, they make it easy. Click run payoll. Enter the times for your employees, days off, yada yada, and then submit. If you need to make a change to an employee while running payroll, just click on their name and it pulls them up for editing.
Gusto submits all tax payments and reports too. Even submits child support!

One time deductions. I would love to see that feature. As for now, you have to create a deduction on the employee screen, then go back to the process payroll screen. I wish it could be added to the other more detailed pay options.

Payroll Mate

Warum Gusto gewählt wurde

Ease of use compared to cost.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Gusto

Gusto is on the cloud. Employee on boarding. Federal, State and Local payments and filings.
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken

Great for payroll

Bewertet am 8.3.2022

It's great for payroll. We don't pay for the leave management or other items because it is too expensive, but the payroll features are great.

Gusto is great for it's payroll and benefits platform. They do exactly as they say they are going to do and take care of all tax liabilities on time, with no concern of being wrong or late.

Their customer service is terrible. You typically get a representative that tells you the same thing that is in their knowledge base and then can't escalate you to talk to someone actually knowledgeable but can request a call back. The call backs don't happen and you receive an email, which typically doesn't answer your question because the initial representative didn't pass along the information correctly.

QuickBooks Payroll und ADP Workforce Now

Warum Gusto gewählt wurde

Uzio failed to make tax payments on time, didn't setup our tax liabilities correctly with proof of correct paperwork, and have been an overall nightmare to work with.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Gusto

Reputation and ease of integration with other platforms.
Rick
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Payroll with a personal touch

Bewertet am 23.2.2021

I’ve used Gusto as a freelancer with clients that operate their business with this service. I also use it at my day job with my Agency to manage my team's time off benefits and payroll. It’s a great product that I find myself recommending to others all the time

There are many products available that handle payroll, benefits, and employee database. My favorite thing about Gusto is that it uses a very human and personal approach to what could very easily be a cold and lifeless system or department.

I love the option to add contractors through he payroll system too.

The gusto customer service team is top notch.

Turbo Tax integration is fantastic

There’s very little to complain about with Gusto. I do wish it had a more catered option for freelancer one man band type of operations.

FreshBooks und QuickBooks Online

Warum Gusto gewählt wurde

Gusto is a product that feels like it’s designed by people who think about people.

FreshBooks, QuickBooks Online und Wave

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Gusto

Gusto has a personal touch and they’re customer service team is fantastic too
Thomas
  • Branche: Bau
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Better than nothing

Bewertet am 19.1.2021

I am disappointed. I though I was getting a first tier payroll software with faster turnaround for less money. I got a lees than complete feature set with hit or miss service.

It is easy to use and set up. It is much more straightforward than many of its competitors. Onboarding was mostly drama free.

The system is not as robust and feature rich as its key top tier competitors like QB or ADP. Once we started using it we found features missing that we took for granted would be there. One of the key things that made us choose Gusto was the ability to give our staff direct deposit payments next day. In practice the design of the system makes that impossible for us.

We discovered a glitch in the system that prevented us from properly reporting overtime in our state. Gusto was unable to find what was wrong or give us a workaround, We found one ourselves minutes from our payroll deadline.

Customer support is erratic, with some folks providing helpful and timely support while others are not significantly better than us guessing . We kept getting routed to our designated representative when all we needed was a simple question to be answered. The time it took to locate and hook up with our rep was longer then it took to get an answer.

Pro tip to customer support: If you don't know the answer, dont send me a link to some general background topic. It does not help.

Barbara
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Switching back to Square Payroll by year-end

Bewertet am 9.10.2022

Not at all pleased. I was hoping to love this but did not

Not at all pleased. I was hoping to love this but did not

The accountant login feature is what drew me in so I could move multiple clients over under one user login and switch back and forth between payroll clients.

Difficult to use. Not user friendly. Time-consuming and complicated. Report section needs major overhaul. Their Indiana WH1 payroll report needs to be DETAILED but it is a generic "summary" that does NOT include employee name, wages, etc. which is information that was needed to file COVID reports and ERC amendments. I wanted to love this software but ended up hating it. One client ended up with double processing that caused an overdraw and it took forever to fix it. I had to give them money out of business account to cover this mistake. Gusto was not quick to help out and never made it right with my company nor my client. I am glad I did not move all of my clients to this software and have moved all but one, who will be switching back to Square payroll by year-end.

Lance
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Gusto has won me over for life.

Bewertet am 29.10.2019

Time sheets, paycheck stubs, tax documents for my employees are all available to them without any extra work needed by me. Gusto takes care of it al.

I love how easy it is for my employees to see their paycheck stubs, get their tax documents, and even do a early cash out option if they need a little extra money before payday. They have recently introduced time tracking, which solved another issue I had with keeping track of everyone's hours in another product.

I don't have many cons regarding Gusto. So far it has met all my needs flawlessly. The one con I would say is that the insurance process could be a little less confusing.

FreshBooks

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Gusto

Gusto has more features regarding paycheck stubs and they are adding new features all the time. Most other products seem to be stagnant.
Lianna
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Payroll Made Easy

Bewertet am 4.8.2022

The time we have saved using Gusto has been extraordinary. What took us hours in the past now takes very little time. We have saved money by switching to Gusto who offers reasonable service charges. Not having to write checks and the additional bookkeeping that would go into uncashed and misplaced checks is another big savings. Our entire company loves direct deposit and we are very happy with the services Gusto has provided.

Gusto has many great and useful features. I love that I can run payroll, hire a new employee, change wage information or dismiss an employee, from anywhere I am by logging into my account on my phone or on a computer. Gusto sends reminder emails when it's time to run payroll or a new hire has not completed their onboarding. Tax information is clear and concise. My staff enjoy having their own individual accounts to change bank information, look at their documents and get other helpful information. Direct deposit is a fantastic time saver for both the company and the employees.

Integration with Gusto was very easy. Occasionally it is difficult to reach a live person for help but we have rarely had to speak to someone.

MICHAEL
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

The best online payroll provider I have ever used

Bewertet am 19.6.2020

Gusto is extremely simple and quick to configure, and speedy to run payrolls—even custom payrolls or additional payrolls—during the month. It has been an incredibly user-friendly and intuitive solution for someone not familiar with accounting or payroll processes.

I have had nothing but success with Gusto. No issues, no payroll processing problems, nothing. They pull funds Monday for Friday pay, which might be a long gap, but also offer a shorter payroll process, where you can pull funds Wednesday for Friday pay . . . I just haven't configured that shorter process yet.

Square Payments

Warum Gusto gewählt wurde

Needed something less expensive and more intuitive to configure

QuickBooks Payroll

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Gusto

Price and Gusto's stronger reputation for customer service
Sheldon
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

A loyal customer that will be moving away from Gusto... HONEST REVIEW

Bewertet am 28.6.2023

Sadly, we will be leaving Gusto. We absolutely love the services (overall) and due to their great platform (and price), we have remained patient with some of the shortcomings. That said, I am so disappointed that we don't have better support. After a major payroll issue in May 2023, I remained calm and even inquired about upgrading our plan so that we could get better quality support and avoid future issues. No luck - I spoke to people in sales, but never heard back. Their software does not fully support multiple locations (must use DEPARTMENTS), which presents problems across the company. The worst issue we faced was based on an honest error our company made: One of our new hires mistakenly ran payroll for a new location prior to the account being funded. This caused an insufficient funds matter, which was totally our fault. However, the system locks you out without the chance to run payroll until the payment is cleared - we couldn't even run paper checks. This means our valued staff were paid late. There was no way to expedite this (bank wire, etc.) so I ended up driving several hours to delivery paper checks to our teams. Customer support wouldn't even allow me to speak to a manager about the situation so I could provide feedback for future customers. If you are a small office with 1- 30 employees, I think Gusto could be a great option. However, if you need more granular permissions for leadership, quick/dedicated support, look elsewhere.

Gusto is likely the easiest platform to learn and use. Our team members with limited tech skills can navigate the system with ease. I constantly see updates and enhancements throughout the system that are beneficial and useful. Also, the price is hard to beat for all the features. We use Gusto for health benefits, 401k, PTO, and time tracking - all work relatively fine. The only catch is assessing if your company is too large for Gusto's abilities.

As our company began to grow, we started to notice limitations in the platform. Once we grew to having multiple locations, things fell apart fast. Between the two companies I own, we hardly ever need the support team. However, when we do, it has become increasingly difficult to get the help we need. It is hit or miss. In a nutshell, if you have more than 30 employees in multiple states/locations, look at other options. We are taking both of our companies to another provider. Multiple times, Gusto could have saved this relationship, but I don't think I was ever able to reach someone who cared enough.

Rippling, RUN Powered by ADP und Paycor
Jessica
Jessica
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Ok until its not...just say NO

Bewertet am 3.2.2024

Their customer service is the absolute worst. Seriously, if you ever need help, it takes days to get a response and then you will get multiple people. If you call in, you will wait, and then the person you get won't know the answer and will pass you to the "correct department" who will then have multiple people "help" you via email. They will say they will call you; they won't. They don't care about their customers. They don't care about loyalty. They don't care if they overdraw your bank account multiple times. Its sad, their interface and feature set are nice, but the problems that come when any little thing goes wrong- its a nightmare- go read through other reviews, those who have had problems have all left their platform. I thought it was just "those people" as I had minimal issues for 2 years. Then I finally had the big issue. Had their customer service been responsive, accepted responsibility, or made any attempt to keep me as a customer, I might have stayed. They didn't.

User interface for employees is ok. It looks nice.

For those searching if Gusto is a good choice...its not...I thought it was...had a few hiccups, nothing major...and then they overdrew my account, cool fixed it quickly, then I switched our benefits to them. They messed up the withdrawl dates, blamed me and then [sensitive content hidden]
clearly stated they made the change), and then took no responsibility for it. Worst than that, then they penalized me bc the change they made overdrew my bank account bc it pulled two months of benefit premiums and then wouldn't change my processing time back. After SEVEN different people "helping" and "responding" to my issue, I switched. While I like their feature set, its not worth the massive headache that comes when any little thing goes wrong- steer clear!!!

Knox
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Literally a worry-free payroll solution

Bewertet am 9.10.2020

Gusto saves our company lots of time! I spend literally an hour on HR/payroll each week, because Gusto does so much of the heavy lifting. For the price, I totally believe I am getting great ROI. It also integrates well with our accounting software.

Gusto makes managing employee relations, payroll, and benefits so simple. You truly get a lot of bang for your buck. We're able to manage payroll processing; time/attendance; benefits; onboarding; and salary offers all in place. Their web-based technology has great up-time and is very easy to use. I also like the fact that Gusto does all of your federal and state payroll document filings and return (quarterly and annual). Every form needed to remain in compliance with the feds and state are filed by Gusto on your behalf. That takes the headache away and allows my company to focus on matters that are more critical at this time.

There is not much I can say here other than their support isn't necessarily a phone call away. That said, they answer emails and tickets super quick. I haven't been much in a pinch to need an immediate response to issues, and their self-service support center is rather extensive.

Paycom

Pricing; bang for buck.
Dalida

Worst customer service!

Bewertet am 15.2.2024

The system is easy to use, but it is super problematic.

Firstly, the customer service aspect has been less than satisfactory. On multiple occasions, responses to inquiries and issues were delayed or lacked the depth and clarity needed to resolve concerns efficiently. It's crucial for a service provider in such a critical domain as payroll and HR to offer prompt and effective support to its customers. Unfortunately, this has not always been the case, leaving our team in challenging positions during time-sensitive periods.

Another significant issue encountered was the unexpected cancellation of payroll processes without prior notice. Not only has this caused confusion but also operational delays, affecting the morale of our workforce due to the unpredictability of their compensation. We've been met with no information, no solution.

There have been instances where former employees were not promptly removed from our benefits plan for months even after being notified, leading to unnecessary complications and financial discrepancies. This oversight underscores a need for a more rigorous system or checks to ensure that employee status changes are accurately and timely reflected across all service aspects provided by Gusto.

Eugene
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Customer Support Non-Existent if you have a Tax issue

Bewertet am 4.4.2022

You have to monitor everything that is processed from them. My mistake. Do not rely on their quality. You have to keep tabs on everything.

Online, payrol. my accountant had access

Have a tax issue where Gusto failed to file 940 and was a year late on a 941. I didnt check this (foolish me, though I was paying a service for this). I have a tax liability now. The main issue is that if you call customer service, there is NO ONE beyond the front line service. NO ONE from the tax department will call you, speak with you, or give you an update. You will get a canned email "we are working on your issue". Its clear at this point, that they have canned my issue and are hoping I resolve on my own. I was told twice by the front line girl, that I should call IRS and ask for extension. My attorney said NO...gusto trying to get off the hook and state that you took over this issue from them.
Ready to break down at this point. Small business that cannot afford to spend (35:26 on hold right now) every day calling them with them stating "Someone from Tax will call you back before the end of the day"
Hot Take...the phone number of the tax preparer is on every 941...starting to call them bitching about this.

I dont know whether I owe the tax, it was a reporting issue, payroll processing issue, no idea. CANT GET ANYONE TO GIVE ME ANTHING. FRUSTRATED...VERY VERY VERY FRUSTRATED.

I would not recommend this service.