Balsamiq Bewertungen

Balsamiq

Mockups und schnelles Wireframing-Tool

4.4/5 (128 Bewertungen)
Mit Google übersetzen

I just love to SKIN any UI with this basic, yet simple-to-use tool.

Bewertet am 13.3.2017
Quelle der Bewertung

Daily I use this tool to validate the user interface. Whenever there is a use case which I need to resolve in our product, I directly open this tool and start scratching. Yes, I start from the scratch, by having the components separated as a collage. Then I skin the UI by placing them in the positions which looks subtle and usable. Skinning the UI with this tool is easier. Just pick and play and the simplicity of this tool is THE key thing that I like in this tool. Minimized UI is something that we can achieve by splitting the UI into different frames. We can place the components in our desired place to check if customers can feel the importance of the applied element in the page that we are building. We can easily put ourselves in the user's shoes and think from their perspective to check if we are working on a usable interface.

Moreover, the linking between the pages/tiles help us to see how the transition between each pages looks like. I usually go with RAW prototypes by scribbling in my notes. After I started using the Balsamiq tool, I go ONE STEP BEYOND scribbling. Yes, I do mocks and share with my visual designers to think through the page/feature that we want to build. This has helped our designers to a great extend. The time of making them understand the flow and designs has drastically come down. Also, the number of iterations has minimized which in turn has improved the quality of the designs that we are converging. of course, the productive has improved a lot in terms of peer-to-peer level convergence.

Ease Of Use.
Quick Search.
Default Icon set.
The switch between Wireframe and Sketch i modes easier.
I personally like the linking between the pages.

Designing the interface for Mobile Skins, and apps for Apple Watch seems to be a show-stopper. This has to be addressed.
At times the screen resolution doesn't supports to take the screen shot from a laptop and to use it in the Balsamiq tool.

Mit Google übersetzen

Fast, cheap mockup and wireframing tool for busy people

Bewertet am 1.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Quick wireframing and mockups without having to go on a course to use it. A great way to get your ideas down and shown around.

This is my go-to wireframing tool when I just need to get an idea down on something more than paper.

It's simple to use thanks to the drag and drop interface, with plenty of predetermined UI options like forms, buttons, menus, pickers, etc.

It's also ideal for presenting interactive prototypes to clients thanks to the linking feature and full-screen presentation option. I also love the option of "sketch" or "wireframe" so you can make it your work look like a quick draft or a clean wireframe.

While there's a short learning curve to use this product, there's tons of help to be found over at the Balsamiq website. I got plenty of tips and tricks to use Balsamiq more efficiently from their blog posts.

The UI library could use a bit of an update. It would also be good to customize them more than just resizing, especially for picky clients who want a hi-fi mockup. Changing the color of the dropdown buttons or changing the button background color AND text color, for example. If I could double-click on an element and then be able to select specific things, it would be perfect.

It would also be useful to add another font option. Just having one font for the entire project is rather limiting when trying to recreate a client's website as closely as possible to sell them on the new UI design.

Overall, Balsamiq is sort of like the "quick and dirty" version of more advanced wireframing tools. It's fast and easy to use but may seem like a downgrade if you're used to more high-end programs.

Antwort von Balsamiq Studios

Hi Jenny and thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I've added your vote for the different features/options you have mentioned but feel free to reach out directly if you have any additional input. It's always very helpful for us to hear it! support@balsamiq.com

Mit Google übersetzen

Effective and easy to handle Mock-up Tool around !!

Bewertet am 5.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

As a BA, whenever we receive technical specification from the client and break these down to user cases, it becomes important for us to design Mock-ups and confirm if we are on the same page as to the client before we rush into development to do so Balsmiq Mock-up is the one of the best tool around.
Designing the User interface design is faster with available element in User interface library. Just need to pick and drop items in the mock-up.
It is simple & easy to master. Interactive prototypes can be easily created by linking the mock-ups together to give operation view in the real time.
When you are done with prototyping the requirement then export option is also available. Either you can export the single mock-up or all together in PNG format or export the Mock-up as PDF. Export to PDF option is my personal favourite as I usually attach the mock-up in mail and share initial design with client and hence entice their feedback that let us to improve our design as directly from customer perspective. PDF exported file facilitates navigation between mockups through links present in pdf ensuring better understanding of functionality to the client.
It also has chat box and multiple user can operate simultaneously to create mock-ups and access the existing mock up as well . This provides the better communication between the team member and a quality experience of software development
It facilitate plugin from Google drive and Zora allowing to add mockup to and issue.

I think the tool lacks in integration with other tools that are used in software design as well as export option is limited to export as PDF or PNG and you can't Print to the printer directly. Except that I think it's a wonderful tool as it's web, desktop as well
as Google drive plug in is available

Light and Efficient

Bewertet am 11.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Does the job quickly and efficiently, great to have collaboration​ and prototyping capabilities.

I mainly use Balsamiq to wireframe ideas, it's light and fast for the job. I like how you can quickly translate ideas to screen in no time in black and white. I use it mostly to create wireframes to present the ideas quickly with the team and brainstorm on top of it. It has ready to use components for different form factors so you don't need to draw/create anything from scratch, just drag and drop. In case you need to run a quick paper prototype usability test, just print your screens and you are good to go.

Though it is a robust tool to work in silos, it misses the collaboration part. In the cloud age, the expectation is to quickly add team members and take feedback on the flow, structure or the solution itself in real-time. Default small canvas size is also an issue if you need to draw multiple screens, you need to manually configure the canvas size as per your need. Also to make things interactive you need to export the screens in PNG format and use another prototyping tool to connect them all.

Antwort von Balsamiq Studios

Hi Ashish and thanks for sharing your thoughts!

We definitely agree that collaboration is essential for most teams these days and we recently added many ways to collaborate in real-time in our new web version. More details here: https://docs.balsamiq.com/cloud/collaborating/

About linking your wireframes together, you can actually do it directly from our tool: https://docs.balsamiq.com/cloud/linking/

Hope this helps!

Mit Google übersetzen

I love using Balsamiq as a tool to create simple + effective wireframes for web applications.

Bewertet am 14.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Simplistic nature of the software allows me to design software products quickly and effectively - files are easy to share, and have been very effective in communicating with my dev team.

I've experimented with several different wireframing softwares, and Balsamiq is definitely my favorite. I love that it focuses on product functionality, rather than design elements. I generally find wireframing for design to be distracting and preventative in coming up with a functional product design. Favorite features include:

- Built-in shape templates make it fast and easy to mockup any sort of software or application
- Black + white, hand-drawn feel removes distractions + allows me to focus on the actual product
- Desktop app has one time license fee
- Exporting to PDF is simple, and you can include links within the PDF that allow the user to mimic clicking between pages

Although I love the simplistic nature of Balsamiq, some people might be frustrated with the lack of certain functions:

- Wireframe is not dynamic - only exports to static file formats
- Built-in shapes might be restricting if you're looking to build something custom
- Lack of folders, etc for organizing multiple pages, so if you're designing something complex you may find yourself searching for which page you left off on (this is something I would add if possible)

Antwort von Balsamiq Studios

Hey there! Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your thoughts about our tool. :)

Just wanted to let you know that our hierarchy feature might help you to organize your wireframes/pages: https://docs.balsamiq.com/cloud/overview/#using-a-hierarchy

Hope this helps!

Awesome tool for Mockups

Bewertet am 11.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Used a lot in my previous work. I was not at all having expertise in mockups but the tool is so easy that in a week I started completing the mockups for the complete project. Having the chrome integration is actually so helpful that I don't have to worry more about storage also. Availability of readymade components and icon is the beauty of the product. It enables a normal person also to put some super cool design stuff and the idea behind the design.

If Balsamiq enables integration and collaboration capabilities it will be nice.
The prototype we design is quite a row team can provide now some lea and flat components and icons.

Antwort von Balsamiq Studios

Hi there and thanks a lot for taking the time to share your thoughts about our tool.

Just wanted to mention that the new version of our Google Drive add-on (Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive) allows for real-time collaboration, chat and comments among other new features. Might be helpful for your team.

More details on this page: https://docs.balsamiq.com/google-drive/wireframes/collaborating/

Feel free to reach out via support@balsamiq.com if you have any questions!

Mit Google übersetzen

I use this application to make screen models for software developed internally in the company

Bewertet am 10.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It is very good to make models and discuss them with end users, and with developers, it is easy to use and very friendly.

It is easy to use, friendly, you can make base models, prepare presentations to users, make several versions that allows you to select the optimal one and leave the history of other models, insert bootstrap icons, symbols to make it more similar to the final version, place annotations

When saving duplicates the symbols, it is difficult to erase them because when deleting they are removed from the ready models.

Antwort von Balsamiq Studios

Hi Eliz and thanks for your review!

We'd love to hear more about the issue you're seeing while deleting Symbols. If you have time, could you reach us via support@balsamiq.com?

While it¿s totally fine if you don¿t have time for this, we¿ll be here to help if you¿d like! :)

Kind regards,

-Virgin from Balsamiq

Mit Google übersetzen

A must-have for efficient UI design workflows

Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 15.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My overall experience with Balsamiq has allowed me to create A to Z interfaces, complete with live links and elements, to test and share concepts with my team. It's made it easy to share ideas for interface design and has become the first step to every new site we build out.

Balsamiq allows you to make speedy, basic wireframes and nail down all the details of your site/interface before implementing or designing them with graphics. The best feature is being able to depict any possible element used in web design: Menus, radio buttons, text boxes, popups, forms, anything you can imagine. It also allows you to show those items in different states--for instance, if you needed to depict a drop-down menu that had been opened to view all the available drop-down options. The deep customization allows you to work out every detail of an interface before going to production. Revision histories and alternate layouts provide lots of room for creativity--a critical part of building great user interfaces.

Some of the features, like revision histories, are hard to figure out at first and require a short learning curve. It takes some time to play around with elements and find all the available options, and also requires time to realize what elements are available to use. It's difficult to browse elements and all their states; you have to select them, and then dig deeper within the element's settings.

Mit Google übersetzen

Balsamiq is a great way to create quick wireframe to visually capture ideas

Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 18.1.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The ease of use and the numerous options make Balsamiq a great tool to use to create quick wireframes. I've used it many times to create designs to illustrate ideas. The note feature allows you to add clarifications to the items in your wireframe.

I find the navigation a little clumsy. Additionally, when you go to the full screen view or hide panes and other menus it's a bit difficult to get it back to the way it was before. Also, the export feature isn't great. The output tends to be too small to read if you have many items in the board.

Antwort von Balsamiq Studios

Hi Sarathi and thanks for your review.

I just wanted to reach out and see if we can help with the pain points that you mentioned:

- The different panels/elements of the editor are described on this page, along with the shortcuts to toggle them off/on: https://docs.balsamiq.com/desktop/overview

- Pressing ESC while in the Full Screen Presentation Mode allows you to go back to the editor.

- About the Export: we'd love to know more about your issue and which export option you are using. Could you reach out to support@balsamiq.com so we can help more?

While it's totally fine if you don't have time for this, we'll be here to help if you'd like! :)

- Virgin for the Balsamiq team

Mit Google übersetzen

This is a great tool to create quick mockups to communicate design ideas for our products

Bewertet am 24.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I am able to create mockups quickly and efficiently to communicate design ideas to different stakeholders. It helps as a great starting point before we refine the design and move to high-fidelity mockups

It has a lot of pre-built shapes, icons, containers, symbols and form elements that make it easy and quick to build mockups for webpages or mobile app screens. The auto-save has been a life saver as I have a bad habit of not explicitly saving things I have work on. Ability to export mockups created in multiple formats makes it easy to attach the mockups in documents or with user stories for design and engineering to work on.

External images copied in to one project are available as assets only in that project and not others. So, I have to copy past them each time, which is inefficient. Some of the shapes, text formats are not as customizable as I would have liked. So, I have to find work arounds that are a little more time consuming

Antwort von Balsamiq Studios

Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your thoughts about our tool! :)

I've added your vote for sharing assets between multiple projects. Also, we'd love to hear more about the controls that seem to be missing some properties for your usage.

While it¿s totally fine if you don¿t have time for this, we¿ll be here to help if you¿d like (support@balsamiq.com)

Mit Google übersetzen

Easiest mock up creation software

Bewertet am 11.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

An excellent experience for rapid prototyping and a life saver for requirements discussions

I have a lot of clients that are not able to clearly express their requirements or visualize the outcome of the project. Step in balsamiq software that helps me to showcase the forms and development of very rapid prototyping screens. The software has the option to create mobile screens, grids, all the easier ux elements in a different sketch format. This gives the client an idea of what the product will look like and also confirm that it is a model and not the final product

Editing of grids or adding rich text elements is a bit painful process

Mit Google übersetzen

I use this software to show our development projects to our clients.

Bewertet am 15.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Among the benefits I have obtained, I recognize that it has been much easier for me to present ideas and that they are approved by our clients, more quickly. I invest a short time to propose an idea.

I like that it is a multiplatform application (mac & windows). It is very simple to use, ideas can be easily translated into your "canvases". The insertion of objects and other components is very intuitive. It is easy to present a project on different platforms. When I have to use the full screen mode, it works well, the links that I activate on my screens make navigation through the project real and allow our clients to better understand the idea.

Using the software, I noticed that in recent versions the symbol libraries are duplicated and I do not know why. It does not have an interactive whiteboard, which allows other team members to join together to develop the same idea.

Antwort von Balsamiq Studios

Hi José and thanks for taking the time to review our tool. :)

About your issue with Symbol libraries, we'd love to investigate this further in case you're still seeing it.

Also, let's make sure that you're using our latest version (3.5.15): https://balsamiq.com/download

You can reach us directly via support@balsamiq.com, we'll do our best to help!

-Virgin from Balsamiq

Mit Google übersetzen

The perfect mockup tool for non-designers

Bewertet am 16.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

When I'm collaborating with designers and/or engineers on a new website or mobile app experience, Balsamiq is my go-to resource for creating mockups.

First, it strikes a very good balance between features and complexity; it's quite easy to find, manipulate, and edit the visual elements you need, even though the range of elements is quite large and the "canvas" is so customizable.

Second, the "hand-drawn" style of the elements is perfect for early-stage mockups, because it allows you to create pretty good approximations of the look-and-feel of a user experience without suggesting (or being responsible for/beholden to) pixel-perfect mockups.

I sometimes wish the Balsamiq team was more aggressive about releasing new visual elements in the tool to reflect new design styles being produced out in the wild, but usually I can either use a similar element or mush other elements together to create the same effect.

And at the end of the day, this isn't a deal-killer--after all, Balsamiq allows you to create approximations and capture the intent of your design, and if there were an endless supply of element options, you might get too caught up in trying to be precise (which hamstrings the designers).

Mit Google übersetzen

It had helped me to create rapid wireframing in the shortest possible time!

Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 4.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Time and speed! One can pick up the software in one afternoon - short learning curve!

As a desktop software (one of the 3 options), it is easy to easy and execute to come up with fast wireframes for team collaboration and clients' previews. Learning curve is short with its compact and common features found in UX software. It has a library of standard UX (usability or user experience) elements or templates which I can click and select, and start creating the wireframing pages or interfaces.

Oh, the software is very affordable. It now comes with 3 versions - Balsamiq Mockups 3 for Desktop (Desktop App), Balsamiq Cloud (Web App) and Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive (
Google Drive Add-On). It is a great tool for UX designers who are just starting out working on UX.

However, I found that it is only good for basic wireframing. If I need to go for more complex UX elements, it is not readily found inside the library. Besides, it does not contain plugins that can extend the usefulness of the software. There are no 3rd parties that Balsamiq that can partner with and help integrate and make the software more powerful and versatile. I wish that Balsamiq Studios can improve on this aspect of the software.

Mit Google übersetzen

Balsamiq lives up to its reputation as an easy rapid prototyping tool

Bewertet am 5.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Balsamiq is designed at creating rapid, low-fidelity static mockups. It does that very well, and is so easy to use. If you use Balsamiq Cloud, it's also easy to share and collaborate on mockups. The Cloud offering has a nice way to publish the mockups to use as a presentation for business customers.

The symbol capability is great, allowing you to re-use components of a mockup across a project and even override the defaults from a symbol. I've seen other tools that fall down at this aspect.

Balsamiq is not intended to create high-fidelity mockups or animation, so it is not comparable to some mockup tools that have those features (Framer, Adobe XD). However, I think the price reflects that. Balsamiq is very affordable for some back-of-the-napkin type mockups that you can throw together quickly.

Amazing tool for PM's and Dev

Bewertet am 29.5.2016
Quelle der Bewertung

Balsamiq remains an extremely simple and easy to use tool for wireframing - infact it is the default choice of a bunch of product managers, specially at the beginning of their career. The ease allows you to ship out basic wireframes at an amazing pace. Because of this reason it strongly fits into the early stage startup culture. I have personally developed the first version of web apps, mobile apps on balsamiq and never has my dev team complained. It gets a bit tricky to use this extensively at an evolved product stage but nevertheless the tool works and works just fine.

Simplicity. Anyone, literally anyone can use Balsamiq. The web demo is simple and then all the leading dev and business tools have a balsamiq app - be it Google for Work, Confluence.

Balsamiq - is a great skeleton wireframing tool and that remains its biggest limitation. It leaves a lot to be desired. Especially the moments when the PM's want to add colors and make the exact replica designs, Balsamiq might not be the best thing to use. + The license fees for a tool which allows only this feels a bit on the higher side.

Mit Google übersetzen

If you talk about mockups, you are talk of Balsamiq

Bewertet am 6.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Have to describe an app? no problem. Create mockups and link all it.
Have to describe a flow? no problem. Create using mockups.
Have to describa an application? no problem. You have Balsamiq.
Can use everywhere, also inside google and Atlassian products.

Cost can be a problem, but my opinion is: spend a lot and earn the great results :)

Mit Google übersetzen

One of the best tools to create wireframes

Bewertet am 15.10.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love this tool because it's easy to use, to learn and has a lot of elements and capabilities to build awesome Mockups for desktop, tablets and smartphones. We use this tool for prototyping and wireframing. With it we can communicate with the client in a much better and clear way. We reduce the design and development times with the implementation of wireframes

The price, It's a little expensive, I have the desktop version and don't test the web app yet but also looks a little expensive to me in comparison with others apps.

Short learning curve.

Bewertet am 4.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Balsamiq has a short learning curve and comes with a simplified user interface,making it easy for new users to understand its work environment.
It comes with a great search feature which makes it easy for me to search faster for graphical images needed for my wireframes.

I wish I am able to integrate my Balsamiq with other great design tools like Adobe XD,Invision, and Edraw max pro. which I currently am unable to do. Thereby missing out on ways to make my wireframes better.

Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to use, quick to learn, wire-framing software

Bewertet am 7.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

facilitates better communication, saves time and leads to overall lift in product design level

- Allows me to build wireframes for our web-based software product without wasting the time of our lead designer.
- Allows me to better explain concepts to our developers, especially concepts which would be hard to explain just through words - interactions between elements, actions on clicking of buttons, etc.
- The learning curve for this software is not very high - anyone with basic powerpoint skills can get started quickly.

- There are limited set of charting elements available on the tool
- One cannot rotate / tilt elements

Mit Google übersetzen

was a great wireframes software, but it is falling behind in the updates

Bewertet am 29.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Any school kid can use this app, and if is creative can make a really good looking design. Actually is really good, i used to use this app a lot when it came into the market

The designs taht can be find rithg now into the market are more atractive to the actual customers, i really really hope that Balsamiq update they functions becouse when you go in schear for a wireframes app, you must get the one who can help you to impress all when they see your creations

Antwort von Balsamiq Studios

Hi Jahiezer and thanks for sharing your thoughts about our tool.

Are you referring to the style used in Balsamiq?

In this case, you may want to try out our more polished skin, as detailed here: https://docs.balsamiq.com/desktop/skins/

In case you're looking for something else, we'd love to hear more about it. Feel free to reach out via support@balsamiq.com if you have time.

3.0/10

Very Useful Software

Bewertet am 1.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

For what it is, it is amazing. Very good software that needs to be supplemented with additional programs for further refinement. I highly recommend it.

It's incredibly Simple. I can generate a usable wireframe mock-up in just 10 or 15 minutes with the use of symbols and default options

It just doesn't quite go where I'd like it to go. It's not easy to refine designs and it has some unusual export options (misplaced alpha channels and such)

Great Tool For Price-Conscious Users

Bewertet am 20.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

Balsamiq is lightweight is the way to go as far as wireframing for products, websites, and apps. It requires very little training to begin using other than general knowledge of design and prototyping.

Limited options for exporting/integrate with other tools in the design process. Charging users per project instead of a monthly fee is a bit odd for a product used on a fairly regular basis.

Easy to learn & use - quick prototyping - rich interface

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 24.8.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This tool help to design wireframes in very less time which helps in overall time saving in project/product development and ultimately cost.

The interface good as it is easy to learn and design wireframes. I would say in no time you can start designing the low fidelity wireframes and share you output by using the export functionality either PDF or PNG.

Parallel working with different wireframes make you a bit confused. While working on high fidelity designs you will feel a little crippled but hope the team will work to make it a wonderful product.

Quick to create wireframe

Bewertet am 12.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

1. Time it takes to create wireframe is few mins.
2. All the components required to build is available on the tool.

Not very interactive when it comes to the click through wire framing.