Balsamiq Erfahrungen

Tracy
Tracy

I still love it after 9 years

Bewertet am 29.9.2020

I've been extremely pleased with the overall experience. I really like the look of making a wireframe look like a sketch. It gives it a very clean look so you can focus on the functionality.

I found it extremely easy to use. It took me very little time to understand the concept and then I was up and running. As I continued to use it I picked up shortcuts and advanced features. It really plays a big role in communicating what needs to be built. I also really like exporting a project into a PDF file so it can be used as a demo with options linking to various pages.

I haven't really found much that I did not like. There have been times when I would like to have some more elements to include in my wireframes. I have seen some that were available for purchase which is nice.

Jenny
Jenny
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Fast, cheap mockup and wireframing tool for busy people

Bewertet am 1.8.2018

Quick wireframing and mockups without having to go on a course to use it. A great way to get your ideas down and shown around.

This is my go-to wireframing tool when I just need to get an idea down on something more than paper.

It's simple to use thanks to the drag and drop interface, with plenty of predetermined UI options like forms, buttons, menus, pickers, etc.

It's also ideal for presenting interactive prototypes to clients thanks to the linking feature and full-screen presentation option. I also love the option of "sketch" or "wireframe" so you can make it your work look like a quick draft or a clean wireframe.

While there's a short learning curve to use this product, there's tons of help to be found over at the Balsamiq website. I got plenty of tips and tricks to use Balsamiq more efficiently from their blog posts.

The UI library could use a bit of an update. It would also be good to customize them more than just resizing, especially for picky clients who want a hi-fi mockup. Changing the color of the dropdown buttons or changing the button background color AND text color, for example. If I could double-click on an element and then be able to select specific things, it would be perfect.

It would also be useful to add another font option. Just having one font for the entire project is rather limiting when trying to recreate a client's website as closely as possible to sell them on the new UI design.

Overall, Balsamiq is sort of like the "quick and dirty" version of more advanced wireframing tools. It's fast and easy to use but may seem like a downgrade if you're used to more high-end programs.

Antwort von Balsamiq Studios

Hi Jenny and thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I've added your vote for the different features/options you have mentioned but feel free to reach out directly if you have any additional input. It's always very helpful for us to hear it! support@balsamiq.com

-Virgin

Timothy
Timothy
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great for online tutorial creators, outdated for design and prototyping

Bewertet am 7.4.2019

I've seen many Udemy courses using this as a teaching platform, and for that application it is great. For modern designers, you should look someplace else for prototyping and outlining your next idea

- Great for explanation videos or tutorials
- Slide-show style format makes it easy to present complex topics in a simple way
- Lots of templates for mobile / web interfaces to create prototypes

- Modern design is moving towards working in apps like Sketch, where you can outline, design, prototype, and even generate CSS in a single place. Balsamiq used to be designers' go-to tool, but there are far better options available now.
- You can outline your ideas here, but you're just going to have to recreate them in another app anyway

Ashish
Ashish
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Light and Efficient

Bewertet am 11.9.2018

Does the job quickly and efficiently, great to have collaboration​ and prototyping capabilities.

I mainly use Balsamiq to wireframe ideas, it's light and fast for the job. I like how you can quickly translate ideas to screen in no time in black and white. I use it mostly to create wireframes to present the ideas quickly with the team and brainstorm on top of it. It has ready to use components for different form factors so you don't need to draw/create anything from scratch, just drag and drop. In case you need to run a quick paper prototype usability test, just print your screens and you are good to go.

Though it is a robust tool to work in silos, it misses the collaboration part. In the cloud age, the expectation is to quickly add team members and take feedback on the flow, structure or the solution itself in real-time. Default small canvas size is also an issue if you need to draw multiple screens, you need to manually configure the canvas size as per your need. Also to make things interactive you need to export the screens in PNG format and use another prototyping tool to connect them all.

Antwort von Balsamiq Studios

Hi Ashish and thanks for sharing your thoughts!

We definitely agree that collaboration is essential for most teams these days and we recently added many ways to collaborate in real-time in our new web version. More details here: https://docs.balsamiq.com/cloud/collaborating/

About linking your wireframes together, you can actually do it directly from our tool: https://docs.balsamiq.com/cloud/linking/

Hope this helps!

-Virgin

Keerthi
Keerthi
  • Branche: Pharmazeutika
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Easiest mock up creation software

Bewertet am 11.9.2018

An excellent experience for rapid prototyping and a life saver for requirements discussions

I have a lot of clients that are not able to clearly express their requirements or visualize the outcome of the project. Step in balsamiq software that helps me to showcase the forms and development of very rapid prototyping screens. The software has the option to create mobile screens, grids, all the easier ux elements in a different sketch format. This gives the client an idea of what the product will look like and also confirm that it is a model and not the final product

Editing of grids or adding rich text elements is a bit painful process

Prashant
Prashant
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Must have tools if you are a Product Manager

Bewertet am 28.7.2019

Overall satisfied, but Invision, Sketch and Marvel are catching up fast in this domain.

It helps make Mockups quickly and with pre built frames it is very easy.
It also helps sharing very easy.
I like the fact that almost all that is needed for android, ios and web is available and can be edited.

The following things I don't like -
1. No walk through/onboarding, sometimes makes you feel lost.
2. Lack of prototyping. I would like to share user flow also, which I cannot.

Moqups und Marvel
Aaron
Aaron
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Essential for communicating website and mobile layouts

Bewertet am 20.4.2019

Balsamiq is the best way to communicate complicated ideas with clients.

Balsamiq is the best way to communicate complicated ideas with clients.

For anything of any complexity, I love using Balsamiq to quickly wireframe what a website, form, mobile app, or component. By keeping with the 'sketch' look, clients don't get sidetracked with imagery, or colors, or fonts - instead they focus on the layout and functionality of the website or app. I love creating navigational PDFs for clients with this tool.

Sometimes it can be hard to find the right icon - there's got to be some way to search and find them.

Zee
Zee
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great for website mockups for non-designers

Bewertet am 27.8.2019

It was and is a convenient tool I use to create basic mockups to describe my ideas to designers and developers when it comes to website design. It's user-friendly and I quickly learned how to use it.

It's a great tool to explain to designers (or to other colleagues) what do you want to see on the website. I am not a designer, but I often have to create new pages with information on our website and before I give the technical task to the designers and developers.

Balsamiq has quite a number of "features" you can add to your website so that you can create a draft layout in a few minutes (if you know what you're creating, that is. If not, then you can drag n' drop features around the page and get the job done too.)

It did everything I needed it to do, so I haven't found anything where I found it lacking.

Neeraj
Neeraj
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Easy to use, quick to learn, wire-framing software

Bewertet am 7.5.2018

facilitates better communication, saves time and leads to overall lift in product design level

- Allows me to build wireframes for our web-based software product without wasting the time of our lead designer.
- Allows me to better explain concepts to our developers, especially concepts which would be hard to explain just through words - interactions between elements, actions on clicking of buttons, etc.
- The learning curve for this software is not very high - anyone with basic powerpoint skills can get started quickly.

- There are limited set of charting elements available on the tool
- One cannot rotate / tilt elements

Ozone
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Good for sketching out rough wireframes quickly

Bewertet am 30.9.2023

Balsamiq is a good tool to quickly whip out a layout to get a general idea of what you're going to build. It is very easy to use, and provides common components required for sketching a website. It has great presentation mode to quickly demonstrate your ideas to clients or your team, and it emphasizes feature-first approach as it can be used to demonstrate layout and features before the nitty gritty graphic details.

Although Balsamiq is great, it lacks a lot of features. It has very little collaboration options to work together with your team. Resizing elements in Balsamiq is clunky, and it does not have a snappy drag and drop with grids which a lot of other wireframing tools provide. It also does not have any options for extending the mockups with colors, which might be required in many cases.

• Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Wireframing and prototyping our SaaS Website

Bewertet am 22.9.2022

I'm using Balsamiq to create wireframes for new features that we add to our SaaS webseite.

In the...

In the past we either did paper prototyping. That was very time-consuming, because you had to redraw everything every time you made a change. Then we used some other software, but it was slow and did not always load all our files reliably.

With Balsamiq that changed:

Now our workflow works like this: We decide to add a new feature. I load the Balsamiq file with the current state of the website. Then I create some variants of how the page could look with the change. A colleague looks at the suggestions. He also makes his own suggestions. Then we discuss the whole thing either on site or remotely. Done.

* Balsamiq is very easy to use. My colleague is a programmer and therefore not a frequent user of design software. He gets along with Balsamiq and can use it on his own.

* What I also really like about Balsamiq is that is uses imperfect design elements, e.g. everything looks a bit hand drawn. It is like a brain hack to inform your brain 'Hey, feel free to brainstorm and try new things".
I've read a book about that idea by Carolyn Snyder called Paper Prototyping.

* I like the fact that is a real software I can download and keep forever and in addition a SaaS website. The best of both worlds in one software.

There are many pre-drawn design elements ready to use - so I don't need to create everything from scratch.

* Sometimes the software is a bit laggy and slow.

* We have a huge amount of old wireframes and it is not always easy to organize it.

* If my team member creates several variants of a screen, it is not always easy for me easy to detect that they exist or to switch between them.

Antwort von Balsamiq Studios

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about our little tool. This might help with the organization issues you mentioned: https://balsamiq.com/wireframes/cloud/docs/cleanproject/#organize-wireframes-and-use-a-hierarchy

Don't hesitate to reach out about the slowness issue, we'd love to help fixing it: support@balsamiq.com

Best,

• Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Balsamiq speeds up your wireframing work

Bewertet am 17.8.2019

The main pro of Balsamiq is that is very simple to use. The set of pre made object is one of the main core features, with those components you can quickly create a wireframe without all the overhead of creating the basic components

The main cons consists in the fact that Balsamiq is build with the old flash technology. Another cons is that at the moment there are no way to automatically sync the wireframe with online prototyping tool like Marvel of Invision

Axure
Winston
Winston
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Excellent creator of mockups, sketchs and more.

Bewertet am 29.7.2019

It is an excellent tool, useful for most mockups, wireframe, that are going to be created, ideal for creating quick sketches in a short time, it is also very useful when creating diagrams, in addition to the fact that although their designs are quite basic, it is a very clean and presentable work, it can also be used from any device that has a web browser and internet connection.

What I like most about Balsamiq is that I can work all projects and use it freely without the need to download any software, since it is a tool hosted in the cloud, which allows me to work with files that are directly hosted on a drive, such as Google drive also allows me to export them in different formats, such as pdf, jpg, etc. So it is perfect to integrate mockups, wireframes into other files, or send them as a single file. It has a wide variety of predefined icons, with basic shapes that are used for the design of wireframes, diagrams, mockups, so it is just drag and drop.

It is a very useful tool, however it works to create basic models, it is not a tool that has many customization possibilities, it only allows you to change some basic characteristics of the elements, such as size, color and size. However, it meets most of the requirements to create wireframes, quality mockups.

Sarathi
Sarathi
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Balsamiq is a great way to create quick wireframe to visually capture ideas

Bewertet am 18.1.2018

The ease of use and the numerous options make Balsamiq a great tool to use to create quick wireframes. I've used it many times to create designs to illustrate ideas. The note feature allows you to add clarifications to the items in your wireframe.

I find the navigation a little clumsy. Additionally, when you go to the full screen view or hide panes and other menus it's a bit difficult to get it back to the way it was before. Also, the export feature isn't great. The output tends to be too small to read if you have many items in the board.

Antwort von Balsamiq Studios

Hi Sarathi and thanks for your review.

I just wanted to reach out and see if we can help with the pain points that you mentioned:

- The different panels/elements of the editor are described on this page, along with the shortcuts to toggle them off/on: https://docs.balsamiq.com/desktop/overview

- Pressing ESC while in the Full Screen Presentation Mode allows you to go back to the editor.

- About the Export: we'd love to know more about your issue and which export option you are using. Could you reach out to support@balsamiq.com so we can help more?

While it's totally fine if you don't have time for this, we'll be here to help if you'd like! :)

- Virgin for the Balsamiq team

JOSE
  • Branche: Öl & Energie
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

I use this software to show our development projects to our clients.

Bewertet am 15.12.2017

Among the benefits I have obtained, I recognize that it has been much easier for me to present ideas and that they are approved by our clients, more quickly. I invest a short time to propose an idea.

I like that it is a multiplatform application (mac & windows). It is very simple to use, ideas can be easily translated into your "canvases". The insertion of objects and other components is very intuitive. It is easy to present a project on different platforms. When I have to use the full screen mode, it works well, the links that I activate on my screens make navigation through the project real and allow our clients to better understand the idea.

Using the software, I noticed that in recent versions the symbol libraries are duplicated and I do not know why. It does not have an interactive whiteboard, which allows other team members to join together to develop the same idea.

Antwort von Balsamiq Studios

Hi José and thanks for taking the time to review our tool. :)

About your issue with Symbol libraries, we'd love to investigate this further in case you're still seeing it.

Also, let's make sure that you're using our latest version (3.5.15): https://balsamiq.com/download

You can reach us directly via support@balsamiq.com, we'll do our best to help!

-Virgin from Balsamiq

• Branche: Vorstandsbüro
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Would never start a mockup without it

Bewertet am 11.12.2018

A beautifully created tool that is a pleasure to use.

A beautifully created tool that is a pleasure to use.

It doesn't matter whether it is a web site or a full blow desktop or mobile app, Balsamiq will make it as quick and simple as can be.

One of the things that Balsamiq really shines at is that a newbie can start using it immediately as it has a well thought out userinterface. But then dig deeper under the service, and you'll find all sorts of powerful features that allow even the most complex mockup to be created with ease.

I also love the look of the created mockups. Unlike some tools that try to create photorealistic versions of your design, Balsamiq focuses more on creating a proper wireframe mockup (although other options are avialable) and there actually look darned cool and are very presentable.

What's not to like. Balsamiq does exactly what it claims to do and it does it beautifully. I've used it for years and I honestly can't think of any times when I thought it was lacking.

Brian
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

It had helped me to create rapid wireframing in the shortest possible time!

Bewertet am 4.7.2018

Time and speed! One can pick up the software in one afternoon - short learning curve!

As a desktop software (one of the 3 options), it is easy to easy and execute to come up with fast wireframes for team collaboration and clients' previews. Learning curve is short with its compact and common features found in UX software. It has a library of standard UX (usability or user experience) elements or templates which I can click and select, and start creating the wireframing pages or interfaces.

Oh, the software is very affordable. It now comes with 3 versions - Balsamiq Mockups 3 for Desktop (Desktop App), Balsamiq Cloud (Web App) and Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive (
Google Drive Add-On). It is a great tool for UX designers who are just starting out working on UX.

However, I found that it is only good for basic wireframing. If I need to go for more complex UX elements, it is not readily found inside the library. Besides, it does not contain plugins that can extend the usefulness of the software. There are no 3rd parties that Balsamiq that can partner with and help integrate and make the software more powerful and versatile. I wish that Balsamiq Studios can improve on this aspect of the software.

Reyes
  • Branche: Computerspiele
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Quick and easy way to make mockups and wireframe.

Bewertet am 29.1.2019

Balsamiq has a wide variety of predefined forms that facilitate and speed up the creation of mockups, interfaces, wireframes, etc. It has a high performance does not consume many resources, you can export the protects in many different formats, photos like png, jpg, pdf documents, etc. It has a web-based version and a desktop version.

You can not edit the predefined shapes, some look very old so you can not always achieve the desired result.

Vivek
Vivek
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Amazing tool for PM's and Dev

Bewertet am 29.5.2016

Balsamiq remains an extremely simple and easy to use tool for wireframing - infact it is the default choice of a bunch of product managers, specially at the beginning of their career. The ease allows you to ship out basic wireframes at an amazing pace. Because of this reason it strongly fits into the early stage startup culture. I have personally developed the first version of web apps, mobile apps on balsamiq and never has my dev team complained. It gets a bit tricky to use this extensively at an evolved product stage but nevertheless the tool works and works just fine.

Simplicity. Anyone, literally anyone can use Balsamiq. The web demo is simple and then all the leading dev and business tools have a balsamiq app - be it Google for Work, Confluence.

Balsamiq - is a great skeleton wireframing tool and that remains its biggest limitation. It leaves a lot to be desired. Especially the moments when the PM's want to add colors and make the exact replica designs, Balsamiq might not be the best thing to use. + The license fees for a tool which allows only this feels a bit on the higher side.

• Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Excellent for Quick Mockups

Bewertet am 22.8.2019

I've been using Mockups before I start building websites or apps because it helps me visualize what I want my project to look like and to see how each element will look next to each other. Although I use other design/prototyping tools, I find that doing low fidelity mockups on Balsamiq is a lot quicker and more efficient because it helps eliminate assets and design elements that I don't need for my projects so that I don't waste too much time when creating a higher fidelity prototype.

This software was very easy to use due to its clean, basic interface and great keyboard shortcuts. I like that you can change the skin of your mockups with a cartoonish hand-drawn look or a more cleaner wireframe for that professional look. I also like the fact that it's a one time payment only and NOT a monthly subscription that you have to pay to use, especially in this day and age when almost everything is moving towards subscription based services.

I don't really have much negative things to say about Mockups just because it does what it was designed to do, but it would be great if there was an Android/IOS app for people who want to create really quick mockups on the go.

• Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

If you talk about mockups, you are talk of Balsamiq

Bewertet am 6.8.2018

Have to describe an app? no problem. Create mockups and link all it.
Have to describe a flow? no problem. Create using mockups.
Have to describa an application? no problem. You have Balsamiq.
Can use everywhere, also inside google and Atlassian products.

Cost can be a problem, but my opinion is: spend a lot and earn the great results :)

Justina
Justina

Short learning curve.

Bewertet am 4.3.2018

Balsamiq has a short learning curve and comes with a simplified user interface,making it easy for new users to understand its work environment.
It comes with a great search feature which makes it easy for me to search faster for graphical images needed for my wireframes.

I wish I am able to integrate my Balsamiq with other great design tools like Adobe XD,Invision, and Edraw max pro. which I currently am unable to do. Thereby missing out on ways to make my wireframes better.

Brice
Brice
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

A no-frills mock-up platform

Bewertet am 20.3.2019

It served its purpose nicely, and was a big help for our small business to manage software development. It may not be the most comprehensive, but it will certainly get the job done.

I used this software in my previous job to design new service features for our content management products. Balsamiq was useful in being able to very quickly sketch out and edit mock-ups and then share them with our development team. I liked the visual style they employed (made to look like hand-drawn sketches), and the palette of components, including smart phone screens, which were very nice when doing mobile compatibility layouts.

The software could be slow at times, and it lacked certain design I would have otherwise expected to find in a standard mock-up program. I would suggest looking at the hosted version instead of downloading.

Pavel
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Perfect Tool for Idea Presentation

Bewertet am 11.2.2020

As a Product Designer for me is very important once I have an idea to be able to sketch it very fast and present to my team ASAP.
Balsamiq is doing a great job!
The final result is ready extremely fast and it saves a lot of time and headbangs.

For me is okay, but for other the UI of the elements looks a little bit wooden. However this is only Mockup Tool, so still doing a great job !!!

Marvel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Balsamiq

Easier and faster for MOBILE UI Mockups !
Casen
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Very Useful Software

Bewertet am 1.11.2018

For what it is, it is amazing. Very good software that needs to be supplemented with additional programs for further refinement. I highly recommend it.

It's incredibly Simple. I can generate a usable wireframe mock-up in just 10 or 15 minutes with the use of symbols and default options

It just doesn't quite go where I'd like it to go. It's not easy to refine designs and it has some unusual export options (misplaced alpha channels and such)