Microsoft Visio Bewertungen

Microsoft Visio

Diagramming, process modeling & data visualization

4.5/5 (830 Bewertungen)
Mit Google übersetzen

Awesome professional diagrams and flow charts

Bewertet am 17.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

As a Business Analyst cum Product Manager in Software Engineering, tremendous amount of documentation including business process diagrams, and flowcharts were part of my role in my previous product organization. Before learning Visio, I have tried many free apps, and capabilities with in word and struggled a lot.

While we make enterprise solutions by offering customization in our product suite, it is quite normal to study and analysis complex business processes of every new customer. To make a case - the process to be automated, solution, estimation, and design, diagrams and flowcharts were inevitable. Making diagrams eat a lot of time before Visio. Visio helped us to streamline this particular activity. It is pretty simple to copy an old diagram, make a few modifications and use it in another document. Another advantage in using vision is scope for modifications and less time to edit the diagrams.

The beauty of Visio is stencils and drag and drop feature to build diagrams. Also it is awesome to have an excellent repository of shapes.

Couple of times, I have used the organization chart feature. The import feature is very much helpful when we have a comprehensive reporting hierarchy.

Live data overlay which enables us to visualize live data in the context of a org structure, a business process, or a manufacturing process flow to get the big picture in one glance.

Once you master Visio, it is less likely that you switch to any other tool for diagrams and process flows.

Provision to collaborate on diagrams simultaneously is a big relief when many users work on a diagram

It is a fantastic tool and no doubt on its capabilities. However pricing is heavy and the solution is subscribing to online version.
If the shapes show some meaning or suggest the purpose, Visio can be a bit more intuitive.

Mit Google übersetzen

Microsoft Visio is the best software for your diagram design and documentation of organization need.

Bewertet am 10.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have been using this software as a part of my daily job requirements and I can say this is the best software one can get to work on various types of diagrams to suit to your business and organizational requirements.

Microsoft Visio is the best software for serving the purpose of diagrams designs. It's capabilities to provide the best diagram templates for data flow diagrams, floor plans, building plans are among the best features.
I have been using this software for preparing DFD's and flowcharts as part of my regular job requirements and I can say this is best software for such accomplishments since it offer varities of templates that I can just pick and go for doing my job with ease.
According to me what makes this software stand out is its ability to pick the data from the MS Excess and MS Access which makes it best piece of software for working on diagram requirements in an organization.

Though it is very easy to use for those who have a little bit of experience using the Visio, however if you are starting with the software the you may find it little bit difficult to understand and get going so I would recommend anyone who is planning to use the software to spend some time with the software and get used to it and then you will find it easier and very useful and effective to accomplish your requirements.

Diagrams easily and effectively

Bewertet am 14.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Visio has allowed me to create the engineering practice layout. As well as, I have used it for the creation of maps, flow charts, free elements, among others

In my area of work it is very helpful because it is process oriented so it is always necessary to elaborate process diagrams

the simplicity and effectiveness of use, are characteristics that distinguish this powerful office tool.

Visio has themes that you can select for the realization of particular diagrams of both form and objects. This office tool can be included from the editable mode in other tools of the office itself.

Visio integrates all conventional office options into an ideal tool for diagramming. It has a simple menu like what we are used to with office, also of options that add value to the design.

You should not be afraid to insert images or elements because the tool easily allows it. I include a simple edition

When I try to insert the editable visio in power point, the visualization is difficult to handle elements from there.

From visio to include an image the size can get to be very small, it is necessary to be attentive to the size with which you are designing from visio.

If you want to open a visio file in tools in the cloud, it is not an easy task, since the particularity of this tool is directly with Microsoft Office.

Mit Google übersetzen

One of the "killer apps" alive today

Bewertet am 8.6.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Too numerous to mention. Suffice it to say the phrase 'A picture is worth a thousand words' is very true and this product helps bring ideas to life.

Granted it was purchased by Microsoft from Visio Corporation in 2000 but it hasn't lost a thing, which is quite unbelievable. In fact, it has gotten better over the years. I have to say it is truly one of the most "beautiful" pieces of software I've ever used. From the flow of the user interface to the creation of almost any type of diagram, Visio has been there for me since day one. The ability to layer diagrams and images can not be beat. With some additional VBA work in the tool, it can not be beat for ease of use and flexibility. It can also connect to a database and create ER diagrams. It also has UML which can almost turn directly into code. Almost. It's not quite there. Yet.

It will come as no surprise that the price is what is the most absurd. The pricing of the product lines will take this software out of reach of casual users. For doing any truly useful work, the Professional version is almost double the Standard version. Microsoft needs to lower the cost to increase its market penetration in some sectors. Otherwise, a solid all-around product.

Mit Google übersetzen

Visio 2013 still top notch!

Bewertet am 25.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Visio 2013 has raised the bar for the challengers. While I already enjoyed using Visio 2010, I now really enjoy Visio 2013. The addition of the ribbon interface now makes it easier to set up and enter frequently used features along with providing a very workable interface to add drawings, pictures and any other diagrams needed to make business flow. I use this tool almost every day to produce and refine presentations to staff and managers. I particularly like the workflow diagrams which allow me to get my point across as to where the resources are used most heavily in day to day business.

Although I've looked at other tools, I still believe this tool is the best value for the money and for interoperability with other systems.

While there is not much to dislike about this software, there are some features which leave something to be desired. An example is the ease of placing headers and footers on the diagram. Now, it seems that we have to use the title feature which only allows headers and footers as background layers for the Visio diagram. I'm not sure I like this feature. I think there needs to be functionality that allows the user more flexibility in designing and entering headers and footer with ease. The current functionality permitted by Visio 2013 is somewhat clunky. There should be an easier way.

Mit Google übersetzen

Invaluable software for documenting entire computer network. Full of features, full of functions.

Bewertet am 2.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Biggest benefit this gives us, after having used it for so long and put a lot of work into it, is great visibility into the design of our entire network: firewalls, routers, switches, servers; building layouts, cabling paths; access points, desktops, phones, printers. Everything is organized so well, we can easily lookup physical locations, switch ports, and cable paths, making troubleshooting much less difficult for our IT Technicians and Interns.

It's pretty powerful and full of features and niceties. Using this software, we've been able to fully document our existing network, document all upgrades and changes. We've even used it to integrate into our Active Directory network to build out organizational charts. It has shapes and templates for just about everything we've needed: org charts, switching and routing diagrams, individual switch cabling, diagrams for documenting our server racks, our phone system, work flows, and building layouts. We recently more than doubled the size of our building, and this software has helped us to document everything in the new building, and keep track of upgrades in our existing buildings. Software is easy to use, so our interns have been able to jump right in and start working with all of its features.

It does seem to use a lot more memory than other Office programs, so it does tend to crash a lot on us. Mostly when we're using some of its more advanced features like integrating it into Exchange/Active Directory. Even still, it works well at what it does, we just need PCs that have a lot of memory to ease the user experience.

Mit Google übersetzen

The only Microsoft tool to use for some types of graphic, but finicky and difficult to use

Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 10.9.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

More sophisticated capabilities than other Microsoft graphics tools

Capabilities to go beyond simple diagramming, including the ability to use macros with layers to switch views within a single diagram. This alone once saved me the effort of producing multiple diagrams for the same workflow process, reflecting how groups of users with different permissions would "see" the same flow.

1) Shapes only offer one text block. Classic example: database "cans", where I'd like to have a "name" text block within the oval and a "description" text block within the body. After all these years, surely Microsoft could work out a way to have two or more text blocks in a single shape (or on a single connector)!
2) Connectors love to re-route and are hard or impossible to "lock down" in complex diagrams, including both diagrams built "from scratch" and those using templates (e.g. organization charts).
3) Temperamental Templates. All of the templates I have used (organization charts, database relationships and home room layout in recent memory) have been almost as much trouble as they were useful. Apparently room layout is a particularly challenging task as I couldn't find a good non-Microsoft tool elsewhere either.

I'm fairly widely experienced creating business graphics with a number of tools, but not a full-time graphics professional. I use Visio to visually document systems and databases with which I work in software development and maintenance.

As such, I'm technical enough to understand something about the shape system, but with only a rare opportunity to "tinker" with Visio to try to "get it to behave". I'd really like more ability to "lock" connectors and shapes and richer text capabilities for both shapes and connectors.

Bottom line: Visio's ease of use has barely changed in years and is the single area that Microsoft should address next.

7.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

An idea express on the screen and a help for your business

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 17.1.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

With Visio in our company we can model a basic set of features where the people does not work in the right or maybe they are not in the right condition to have an acceptance performance. So with the software we can determinate which are the conditions that was making the people does not produce the proportion that the administration department had been calculate and we saw that was an incompatibility between the job that the people are doing in the condition of their workplace, we can determinate that with Visio and with direct interaction with the workers.

Visio allows to the users to make a conceptual map of their ideas, through the creation of schemes what can show the actual condition of the company, where the changes has to be do, how we can improve our markket sector, how we are spending our money and how we are managing our budget, we can also fixed the key points to evolve or to resolve some probles of our company or business. We can do all this with a massive quantity of elements to show a precise image of our ideas and show how the thing are, and how the things could be in our company.

The many disadvantage for many companies or little business it is the price, maybe some companies does not want to spend a great amount of money in a software who they think can be replace with a free software, another limitation it is associated with the team work, to represent a perfect image of the company you have to hear a every person involve or even the most of them, if you do not do that you can show a personal image, a personal problem and this cannot be the idea of all the company, that it is going to be your personal opinion of the problems of the company, you have to be beware of this.

My pleasant experience using Microsoft Visio

Bewertet am 28.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

One of the tools that I use with great frequency is the Microsoft Visio, it has helped me to capture or draw different aspects of the projects that I have the responsibility to lead or assign to my team.
The tools incorporated within Microsoft Visio allow giving that professional touch that allows to group flow of information and descriptions at the same time and end user is easy to understand.
Equally the different stencil that can be incorporated, facilitates and integrates the information, I have had the experience of searching for stencil of proprietary brands to be able to work with the hardware of my professional environment without any kind of problems.
And when presenting or exporting it is very easy, the incorporated help is very useful when clarifying a doubt.

This wonderful tool to graphically capture ideas, projects, information flow and even design of structures, has its sales it is possible that it also has its point against, which is not much in micaso that could be for a person with little knowledge in really what If you want to capture, it could be a problem to know that there are thousands of stencils available that help create a more professional document.
Another one of the few points against could be that the tools of left side are hidden and it can be difficult to stop the novice user to obtain them again.
Of the rest I recommend 100% the use of Microsoft Visio

Mit Google übersetzen

Excellent diagramming software that has allowed us to perform workflows easily and quickly.

Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 16.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The main benefits of Visio is the ease and speed that allows the work team in the company to translate the action plan steps in a diagrammatic way when we define the operational workflows, simplifying in a feedback diagram what can be done. occupy several pages written in a document with high probability that will not be read by the majority of members of the work team.

It is a very stable software with time in the market that has been evolving in a fast and positive way, it likes a lot because it has multiple templates defined online, from different areas, in my case I use more than flow diagrams, network diagrams. , Organization charts and Work Breakdown Structure, the latest versions can be opened from the browser.
The advantage of making diagrams in visio is that we work on a grid sheet which allows us to order efficiently the components of the system we want to build.
Additionally the shortcuts help to optimize the designs because the elements are presented in a visual way.

Visio presents several points of improvement as it should be the integration to the microsoft office package, because it is acquired with an additional license, which has an impact on Opex increase of our company, also the handling, multilayer must be improved being able to integrate designs of Printed circuit board in an easy way, or simple construction or industrial plans without getting the complexity of CAD software.

Mit Google übersetzen

I cut my teeth as a burgeoning graphics artist on Visio

Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 30.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

I began my self-education as a graphics designer (and animator) on Visio. It is extraordinarily easy to use, once you familiarize yourself with the options, what things can do, how to arrange and adjust and manipulate shapes. It was quite easy to learn and some of the clunky features of the earlier Visio versions I was learning on have been improved with time. It's modernized with a ribbon bar and I find it easier to navigate and locate what I'm looking for. It doesn't overwhelm you with so many options with strange names that could intimidate new users, like Photoshop and programs like that can do. Although I'm not a fan of them, there are templates, which I understand can sometimes be balky when trying to use. I always preferred a new blank to work with. (I don't use templates in any of the software programs I have that offer them. It's just my weird thing.) If you can use it for free through your school or work, that's a bonus, because it is on the expensive side, which I'll address under the Cons of Visio.

As I said above, the price is definitely a factor to consider. And I think the templates aren't always as user friendly as they should be, if you're the kind who uses templates. A lot of the things that I now know, as an experienced graphics designer and animator, were clunky and difficult and needed improvement, actually have been improved over the years, so the clunky, hard to maneuver issues from earlier versions is for the most part gone. There are still areas for improvement and a little imagination, but Visio is a solid, reliable, easy to use program, especially if you can use it for free.

Mit Google übersetzen

Ideal for diagramming and structuring processes, complete tool for my area

Bewertet am 18.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It allows to diagram in an easy way and to show users a simple and easy to understand graphic.

This tool is useful for me, I need to diagram and show the user the steps without being complex, they are guided quickly because the visual elements are simple.
In the area where I work, standards and procedures are made and our indispensable tool to make flow diagrams is Visio, as well as the company's organizational charts, it has an easy-to-use platform, it has pre-designed templates that help me guide me, it allows me to modify it. In a simple way, objects can be dragged and dropped and shapes can be adjusted.

Actually not much that I dislike about this tool because I use it frequently, there are only things that I would change as more optimal because it makes the computer a bit slow, It seems that it uses a lot more memory than other Office programs, always We require the IT team to help us, it is also a bit expensive.

Mit Google übersetzen

Excellent program for basic drawing or floor plans

Bewertet am 6.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Quick diagrams, floor plans and flow charts. Easy interface and well priced for companies.

In the past we were using more complex software packages such as Autocad or Illustrator to do some basic outline drawing for presale sketching (we're in the printing industry). Although we still use those software now for post sale work, we do a lot of presale stekching with Visio. It is simple, and allows to do up-to-scale plans quickly. I have also used Visio to do floor plans (office design, room dimension design) and although it does not have the visual aspect of some design software available today, it is very efficient in terms of planning for space, door placement, windows, furniture, ... Finally, we also have used Visio for flow charts for our quality system (ISO), and others.

Slightly expensive for personal use. Otherwise for the intended use, I see no real problem with Visio

Mit Google übersetzen

I am grateful to the developers for the simple and use of the graphics application

Bewertet am 13.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Despite the fact that I work in an IT company and all our employees know how to use modern technologies, it turned out that the easiest Visio program is most convenient for creating graphic objects. Yes, imagine, I and my colleagues use this application in order to draw flow charts, various diagrams. And as I said, I'm personally attracted to the program by the ease of use with pretty serious functionality. Well and one more plus is that Visio enters into some office packages from Microsoft by default, that is the program does not need to be bought separately.

Perhaps, I note that with extensive functionality you still can not create full-fledged drawings, it turns out that the program is designed only for creating visual graphics that are drawn without observing strict requirements, that is, you get simply colorful pictures at the output.

Mit Google übersetzen

A software that complements the organization in my work space

Bewertet am 1.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It is a software that you must acquire to put it to the test in your company. We fulfilled this requirement, put it to the test and more we could never stop using it. It is very valuable and you must acquire it

Visio has excellent features that I will mention below.

This software is one of the best platforms we have found for the internal organization of our personnel based on the projection of strengths and weaknesses. On the one hand, Visio offers the best scheme for the construction of corporate structures, defined in the hierarchy where each of the positions is defined according to the potential and weaknesses of the work team. In addition, it offers the construction of flow diagrams necessary to analyze the performance and average performance of each of the positions described in the structure.

It is a somewhat difficult software to use. The times we have had to use it have had to be with the IT Department of our Management.

It would be great if this software could use it all, but for that, an instruction is required.

Mit Google übersetzen

I've used this program for several years for drawing some basic and some advanced diagrams.

Bewertet am 9.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I like that it has so many templates or layers to chose from. You can add houses, signs, animals, basically anything to a to-scale-drawing. You chose the measurement from one object to another. An example is, you are trying to draw a parking lot to scale. You can space the lines in the parking lot, trees, curbs, fire hydrants, or anything to the exact point you want it. You can load gps points into it and draw from there to have an exact placement using those options the program provides. This works very well.

It's not user friendly until you have some time in to it. There is a pretty big learning curve. Although I like it because i'm use to it, some templates, drawings, and features take some time to find. I've used other programs with a more user friendly format, and had features that were easier to find.

MS Visio Review

Bewertet am 12.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, I have had a very positive expereince using Visio. Visio is a very powerful tool with which I can create some very impressive and unique visuals. However, for the work I personally do, I do not always require teriibly stunning visuals, so usually those which i can create simply in MS Word or MS Powerpoint are sufficient. However, Visio definitely takes those designs to the next level.

What I like most about MS Visio is the ease of use. I feel that the tabs are well organized and cater very well to the user. The way the program is structured makes it very easy to create and develop with ease. The different tabs and options available are almost intuitive and follow an excellent progression and lay out all of the avaible options to the user. The visuals used are very appropriate and coincide with the program as a very visual based program as a whole.

What I like least about this software is that I feel that I can acheive similar results using other MS software. Visio definitely makes it very easy to create, but there are features in other MS software such as MS Word and MS Powerpoint that allow for similiar and oftentimes suffieincient capabiluities for everyday designs. I turn to Visio when I really want something very unique.

Mit Google übersetzen

This is just an amazing software

Bewertet am 25.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

As I have mentioned before Visio is an excellent software for creating flow diagrams, and definetly is a must have for any type of programmer, since it allows for easily displaying code explanations to everyone. I totally recommend it.

It is an excellent software for creating flow charts and flow diagrams. I've used it frequently when creating new programs to explain them to my coworkers, and since it is so easy to use and so intuitive I waste almost no time creating them. Its layout it is really comfortable and for anybody used to microsoft software it should feel really familiar.

I have absolutely no complaints about visio, using it has been extremely easy and really rewarding, it has allowed me to take my flow diagrams to another level and I always get compliments on them from my colleagues.

Mit Google übersetzen

I use it daily for writing dialogue

Bewertet am 31.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I develop games that are dialogue-heavy and use Visio daily to map out the lines, different branching narrative paths, and write notes to myself for later development at that point.

It's a very nice way to also deliver lines to voice actors as well, because they can see everybody's lines, in the order that they appear, with respect to different options, etc.

I've also used Visio in a professional capacity, as well as an educational capacity when I was pursuing my Master's Degree.

I will likely never stop using it.

Visio clearly wasn't developed with my particular use in mind, but I can't knock it for that. I don't have anything negative to say, Visio is a great tool that can be used in a large variety of ways.

I love my Visio.

Bewertet am 28.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Visio was my first diagramming tool. It enable me put my mental thoughts into diagrammatical flows and charts. Allowing me better critique my mental thoughts and visions.
Visio has got nice icon templates ,which makes the process of diagramming a while lot easier . 80% of my paperwork ,I do with Visio and I like how I am able to export my diagrams in multiple formats like png and jpeg , thereby aiding my ability to share my diagrams with my team.

I want to see more training videos added to the help section. Visio isn't a very easy software to pick up ,especially for users who haven't used any diagramming program before touching Visio, therefore the need for videos to tutor new users in the act and craft of using Visio.

Mit Google übersetzen

Microsoft Visio is a popular application used across to create diagrams, flowcharts and workflows

Bewertet am 9.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

MS Visio is a very popular with wide set of users in various roles. MS Visio can be used to create various types of diagrams, Flowcharts and workflows. MS visio provides multiple features, options to create diagrams and flowcharts. One can easily start creating new diuagram or flowchart using various types of lines, arrows, shapes, and many other options to create the flowcharts faster within short timelines. MS Visio allows one to easily add any number of sheets, create hyperlinks or internal links to one sheet to other to connect the diagram or flowcharts. In MS Visio there are also options like adding Start or Stop flowchart features. MS visio provides features to Save and export the completed diagram or flowchart into multiple formats. one can easily insert the MS visio diagram into word or powerpoint easily.

MS Visio is a paid tool so it involves initial Cost and not freely available for all users. MS visio also supports mainly windows. MS visio is might not be suitable or preferred for creating many advanced workflows.

Mit Google übersetzen

Program has been a very versatile tool when making the flow diagrams and schematizing the process ma

Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 19.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This advanced diagramming software from Microsoft Visio 2010 helps you simplify complex tasks with dynamic visual elements based on data and new ways to share on the Web in real time. Whether you are creating an organization chart, a network diagram or a business process, the new tools and the more intuitive interface of Visio 2010 help you create your diagrams more easily. You get quick access to the templates you use frequently. In the Introduction window, you will find the template you need, exploring the categories of simplified templates and using large template previews. Locate the templates that you have recently used using the new Recent Templates view in the Introduction window.

Visualize, analyze and communicate their systems, resources and processes, and the data on which they are based.
Increase productivity by integrating diagrams with information from various sources.
Reduce manual data entry by letting Office Visio 2007 keep the diagrams updated.
Visualize and act on complex information showing data in diagrams
Analyze data and easily track trends, identify problems and signaling exceptions with dynamic diagrams
Create diagrams more quickly letting Visio connect shapes for you.
Transmit information efficiently with professional-looking diagrams.
Communicate the use of diagrams and share them with a large number of recipients.

It is not free
It is not a case tool as it is, so it does not generate a code.
Sometimes you do not find all the necessary tools.
The button to print is larger in Office 2013, but not the two tiny menu buttons that you have to press to bring up the print window.
Then we would resort to pressing the Ctrl + P keys, but that triggers new challenges. Touching the microscopic button with the arrow facing up to increase the number of copies requires a level of skill that only surgeons possess.

Mit Google übersetzen

I use the tool to create a variety of diagrams that are used for the area of systems development

Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 15.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Design any type of diagram in a quick way and be able to collaborate and share with my colleagues, tools like these make us more effective with our work

This tool is very useful, you can create a variety of diagrams, from diagrams of flow of data, diagrams of processes, of database, diagrams uml, diagrams of network, already related to infrastructures of technological networks, among others. It has a variety of icons for use in the diagrams, so it is not necessary to use other images to create it. For companies that have a Sharepoint infrastructure, with microsoft visio we can design the workflows and in a visual way we can observe the interaction between each part of the workflow. It has a free viewer so that people who do not have visio installed can observe the diagrams. With Visio Online you can now create diagrams without installing anything, and share them within the company

As the tool presents a variety of utilities because it covers many types of diagrams, if you do not investigate a bit how to use it the user can be overwhelmed by so many things that he has and can do.

Mit Google übersetzen

I used Visio for my diagrams and I like that it makes it easy and simple

Bewertet am 7.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I like that Visio allows for these digrams to be drawn easily and quickly by providing simple templates and layouts. With the additional templates on the Pro edition I am able to go beyond just the usual diagrams and sharing with others are quite easy which is a plus.

I don't have much to say except that because of the additional cost of it not being part of the MS suite at times others that I share the diagrams with does not have the tool and they are not able to edit or view.

Mit Google übersetzen

Make diagrams and workflow for your business or company

Bewertet am 27.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Make workflows and diagrams of processes in my organization and know where are the failures or limitation to solve it.

This a great software to do diagramming of processes and workflows and to know how the units of your organization are working, it is very friendly and easy to use, you only have to add the images depending of their meaning so you can a cube for the database, a circle for one process and square for another and so on, this is a very useful tool to monitoring the funtiocning of the units and know how the works are doing some task, so you can easily find in the diagrams where are the problems and the possible options to solve it.

The interphase for print it is so annoying it takes a lot of time to configure, because the page does not fit automatically in the print so you sometimes have to reduce a lot the images and text to fit in letter sheet for example, and I think that is reccomendable that the people who is going to use Visio know or learn a little about processes to get the most of the software.