Microsoft Visio Bewertungen

Microsoft Visio

Web Design Tool

4.5/5 (451 Bewertungen)

It is ideal for companies easy way to structure the processes and functions of each department.

Täglich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 02.04.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It is works with windows.
Ideal for all types of user for easy handling.
It produces charts and flow diagrams.
Ideal for students to make concept maps.
Grant schedules can be.
Of multiple editing tools.
The models in edition templates are very current and varied.
You can save jobs in the cloud with sky drive.
You can share the work with several people with sharepoint so ir facilities teamwork.
Ideal for companies to structure their internal processes and job descriptions for each employee.
No internet conexión is required.
For people who study programming is good basic tool to start in this word.
The information is presented in a descriptive manner and thus facilitates understanding.
It also creates technical blueprints for the construction of design houses, network diagrams.
With these charts and diagrams you can follow the project.
On the web there are many free downloadable guides that explain how to use this program to get the most out of it.

Downloading this software to the computer is very slow.
It is not 100% free program.
It is not recommended tool for project management.
Function in conjunction with another program that must be installed also called share point.
It does not work on computers with Mac operating system.
It does not work on computers with Linus operating system.
There are other software in the web that are free to supply the basic needs of the user as the Lucidchart.
Specific requirements are needed for the installation and download of this software on the computer to be used.

Verteilung der Bewertung

One of the "killer apps" alive today

Bewertet am 08.06.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Too numerous to mention. Suffice it to say the phrase 'A picture is worth a thousand words' is very true and this product helps bring ideas to life.

Granted it was purchased by Microsoft from Visio Corporation in 2000 but it hasn't lost a thing, which is quite unbelievable. In fact, it has gotten better over the years. I have to say it is truly one of the most "beautiful" pieces of software I've ever used. From the flow of the user interface to the creation of almost any type of diagram, Visio has been there for me since day one. The ability to layer diagrams and images can not be beat. With some additional VBA work in the tool, it can not be beat for ease of use and flexibility. It can also connect to a database and create ER diagrams. It also has UML which can almost turn directly into code. Almost. It's not quite there. Yet.

It will come as no surprise that the price is what is the most absurd. The pricing of the product lines will take this software out of reach of casual users. For doing any truly useful work, the Professional version is almost double the Standard version. Microsoft needs to lower the cost to increase its market penetration in some sectors. Otherwise, a solid all-around product.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Visio 2013 still top notch!

Täglich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 25.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Visio 2013 has raised the bar for the challengers. While I already enjoyed using Visio 2010, I now really enjoy Visio 2013. The addition of the ribbon interface now makes it easier to set up and enter frequently used features along with providing a very workable interface to add drawings, pictures and any other diagrams needed to make business flow. I use this tool almost every day to produce and refine presentations to staff and managers. I particularly like the workflow diagrams which allow me to get my point across as to where the resources are used most heavily in day to day business.

Although I've looked at other tools, I still believe this tool is the best value for the money and for interoperability with other systems.

While there is not much to dislike about this software, there are some features which leave something to be desired. An example is the ease of placing headers and footers on the diagram. Now, it seems that we have to use the title feature which only allows headers and footers as background layers for the Visio diagram. I'm not sure I like this feature. I think there needs to be functionality that allows the user more flexibility in designing and entering headers and footer with ease. The current functionality permitted by Visio 2013 is somewhat clunky. There should be an easier way.

Verteilung der Bewertung

The only Microsoft tool to use for some types of graphic, but finicky and difficult to use

Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 10.09.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

More sophisticated capabilities than other Microsoft graphics tools

Capabilities to go beyond simple diagramming, including the ability to use macros with layers to switch views within a single diagram. This alone once saved me the effort of producing multiple diagrams for the same workflow process, reflecting how groups of users with different permissions would "see" the same flow.

1) Shapes only offer one text block. Classic example: database "cans", where I'd like to have a "name" text block within the oval and a "description" text block within the body. After all these years, surely Microsoft could work out a way to have two or more text blocks in a single shape (or on a single connector)!
2) Connectors love to re-route and are hard or impossible to "lock down" in complex diagrams, including both diagrams built "from scratch" and those using templates (e.g. organization charts).
3) Temperamental Templates. All of the templates I have used (organization charts, database relationships and home room layout in recent memory) have been almost as much trouble as they were useful. Apparently room layout is a particularly challenging task as I couldn't find a good non-Microsoft tool elsewhere either.

I'm fairly widely experienced creating business graphics with a number of tools, but not a full-time graphics professional. I use Visio to visually document systems and databases with which I work in software development and maintenance.

As such, I'm technical enough to understand something about the shape system, but with only a rare opportunity to "tinker" with Visio to try to "get it to behave". I'd really like more ability to "lock" connectors and shapes and richer text capabilities for both shapes and connectors.

Bottom line: Visio's ease of use has barely changed in years and is the single area that Microsoft should address next.

7.0/10

An idea express on the screen and a help for your business

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 17.01.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

With Visio in our company we can model a basic set of features where the people does not work in the right or maybe they are not in the right condition to have an acceptance performance. So with the software we can determinate which are the conditions that was making the people does not produce the proportion that the administration department had been calculate and we saw that was an incompatibility between the job that the people are doing in the condition of their workplace, we can determinate that with Visio and with direct interaction with the workers.

Visio allows to the users to make a conceptual map of their ideas, through the creation of schemes what can show the actual condition of the company, where the changes has to be do, how we can improve our markket sector, how we are spending our money and how we are managing our budget, we can also fixed the key points to evolve or to resolve some probles of our company or business. We can do all this with a massive quantity of elements to show a precise image of our ideas and show how the thing are, and how the things could be in our company.

The many disadvantage for many companies or little business it is the price, maybe some companies does not want to spend a great amount of money in a software who they think can be replace with a free software, another limitation it is associated with the team work, to represent a perfect image of the company you have to hear a every person involve or even the most of them, if you do not do that you can show a personal image, a personal problem and this cannot be the idea of all the company, that it is going to be your personal opinion of the problems of the company, you have to be beware of this.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Excellent diagramming software that has allowed us to perform workflows easily and quickly.

Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 16.05.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The main benefits of Visio is the ease and speed that allows the work team in the company to translate the action plan steps in a diagrammatic way when we define the operational workflows, simplifying in a feedback diagram what can be done. occupy several pages written in a document with high probability that will not be read by the majority of members of the work team.

It is a very stable software with time in the market that has been evolving in a fast and positive way, it likes a lot because it has multiple templates defined online, from different areas, in my case I use more than flow diagrams, network diagrams. , Organization charts and Work Breakdown Structure, the latest versions can be opened from the browser.
The advantage of making diagrams in visio is that we work on a grid sheet which allows us to order efficiently the components of the system we want to build.
Additionally the shortcuts help to optimize the designs because the elements are presented in a visual way.

Visio presents several points of improvement as it should be the integration to the microsoft office package, because it is acquired with an additional license, which has an impact on Opex increase of our company, also the handling, multilayer must be improved being able to integrate designs of Printed circuit board in an easy way, or simple construction or industrial plans without getting the complexity of CAD software.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

I cut my teeth as a burgeoning graphics artist on Visio

Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 30.03.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

I began my self-education as a graphics designer (and animator) on Visio. It is extraordinarily easy to use, once you familiarize yourself with the options, what things can do, how to arrange and adjust and manipulate shapes. It was quite easy to learn and some of the clunky features of the earlier Visio versions I was learning on have been improved with time. It's modernized with a ribbon bar and I find it easier to navigate and locate what I'm looking for. It doesn't overwhelm you with so many options with strange names that could intimidate new users, like Photoshop and programs like that can do. Although I'm not a fan of them, there are templates, which I understand can sometimes be balky when trying to use. I always preferred a new blank to work with. (I don't use templates in any of the software programs I have that offer them. It's just my weird thing.) If you can use it for free through your school or work, that's a bonus, because it is on the expensive side, which I'll address under the Cons of Visio.

As I said above, the price is definitely a factor to consider. And I think the templates aren't always as user friendly as they should be, if you're the kind who uses templates. A lot of the things that I now know, as an experienced graphics designer and animator, were clunky and difficult and needed improvement, actually have been improved over the years, so the clunky, hard to maneuver issues from earlier versions is for the most part gone. There are still areas for improvement and a little imagination, but Visio is a solid, reliable, easy to use program, especially if you can use it for free.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Excellent program for basic drawing or floor plans

Bewertet am 06.02.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Quick diagrams, floor plans and flow charts. Easy interface and well priced for companies.

In the past we were using more complex software packages such as Autocad or Illustrator to do some basic outline drawing for presale sketching (we're in the printing industry). Although we still use those software now for post sale work, we do a lot of presale stekching with Visio. It is simple, and allows to do up-to-scale plans quickly. I have also used Visio to do floor plans (office design, room dimension design) and although it does not have the visual aspect of some design software available today, it is very efficient in terms of planning for space, door placement, windows, furniture, ... Finally, we also have used Visio for flow charts for our quality system (ISO), and others.

Slightly expensive for personal use. Otherwise for the intended use, I see no real problem with Visio

Weiterempfehlungsquote

I've used this program for several years for drawing some basic and some advanced diagrams.

Bewertet am 09.03.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I like that it has so many templates or layers to chose from. You can add houses, signs, animals, basically anything to a to-scale-drawing. You chose the measurement from one object to another. An example is, you are trying to draw a parking lot to scale. You can space the lines in the parking lot, trees, curbs, fire hydrants, or anything to the exact point you want it. You can load gps points into it and draw from there to have an exact placement using those options the program provides. This works very well.

It's not user friendly until you have some time in to it. There is a pretty big learning curve. Although I like it because i'm use to it, some templates, drawings, and features take some time to find. I've used other programs with a more user friendly format, and had features that were easier to find.

Verteilung der Bewertung

Program has been a very versatile tool when making the flow diagrams and schematizing the process ma

Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 19.06.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This advanced diagramming software from Microsoft Visio 2010 helps you simplify complex tasks with dynamic visual elements based on data and new ways to share on the Web in real time. Whether you are creating an organization chart, a network diagram or a business process, the new tools and the more intuitive interface of Visio 2010 help you create your diagrams more easily. You get quick access to the templates you use frequently. In the Introduction window, you will find the template you need, exploring the categories of simplified templates and using large template previews. Locate the templates that you have recently used using the new Recent Templates view in the Introduction window.

Visualize, analyze and communicate their systems, resources and processes, and the data on which they are based.
Increase productivity by integrating diagrams with information from various sources.
Reduce manual data entry by letting Office Visio 2007 keep the diagrams updated.
Visualize and act on complex information showing data in diagrams
Analyze data and easily track trends, identify problems and signaling exceptions with dynamic diagrams
Create diagrams more quickly letting Visio connect shapes for you.
Transmit information efficiently with professional-looking diagrams.
Communicate the use of diagrams and share them with a large number of recipients.

It is not free
It is not a case tool as it is, so it does not generate a code.
Sometimes you do not find all the necessary tools.
The button to print is larger in Office 2013, but not the two tiny menu buttons that you have to press to bring up the print window.
Then we would resort to pressing the Ctrl + P keys, but that triggers new challenges. Touching the microscopic button with the arrow facing up to increase the number of copies requires a level of skill that only surgeons possess.

Verteilung der Bewertung

Good tool to design but extremely complicated

Bewertet am 23.04.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

If you are ready to invest some quality time in training your team to use Visio as per your requirements then go ahead with this tool. Its powerful tool and can do wonders for your designing and diagramming but it will take some time for your team to come up on speed.

It's a good tool to design various service level documents and have immense feature which can be used to make some good designs. The number of tools/features available is large and we can make a variety of design and diagram using the same.

Although Visio is a powerful tool, however, I personally find it extremely non-user friendly. We have to train a lot before our team can use this tool and features are immense in quantity but being non-user friendly and obslete UX makes it'fade away.

6.0/10

I use the tool to create a variety of diagrams that are used for the area of systems development

Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 15.05.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Design any type of diagram in a quick way and be able to collaborate and share with my colleagues, tools like these make us more effective with our work

This tool is very useful, you can create a variety of diagrams, from diagrams of flow of data, diagrams of processes, of database, diagrams uml, diagrams of network, already related to infrastructures of technological networks, among others. It has a variety of icons for use in the diagrams, so it is not necessary to use other images to create it. For companies that have a Sharepoint infrastructure, with microsoft visio we can design the workflows and in a visual way we can observe the interaction between each part of the workflow. It has a free viewer so that people who do not have visio installed can observe the diagrams. With Visio Online you can now create diagrams without installing anything, and share them within the company

As the tool presents a variety of utilities because it covers many types of diagrams, if you do not investigate a bit how to use it the user can be overwhelmed by so many things that he has and can do.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

I used Visio for my diagrams and I like that it makes it easy and simple

Bewertet am 07.02.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I like that Visio allows for these digrams to be drawn easily and quickly by providing simple templates and layouts. With the additional templates on the Pro edition I am able to go beyond just the usual diagrams and sharing with others are quite easy which is a plus.

I don't have much to say except that because of the additional cost of it not being part of the MS suite at times others that I share the diagrams with does not have the tool and they are not able to edit or view.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Make diagrams and workflow for your business or company

Bewertet am 27.02.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Make workflows and diagrams of processes in my organization and know where are the failures or limitation to solve it.

This a great software to do diagramming of processes and workflows and to know how the units of your organization are working, it is very friendly and easy to use, you only have to add the images depending of their meaning so you can a cube for the database, a circle for one process and square for another and so on, this is a very useful tool to monitoring the funtiocning of the units and know how the works are doing some task, so you can easily find in the diagrams where are the problems and the possible options to solve it.

The interphase for print it is so annoying it takes a lot of time to configure, because the page does not fit automatically in the print so you sometimes have to reduce a lot the images and text to fit in letter sheet for example, and I think that is reccomendable that the people who is going to use Visio know or learn a little about processes to get the most of the software.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

My favorite Microsoft program hands down.

Bewertet am 07.03.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I took Network System Administrator NSA in college and this program was used by me a lot for most of my classes. I liked the ability to create project plans, floor layouts for IT projects, even used it as a draft for remodeling my house. It is amazing. I could go on and on about it but i'm not going to. Overall, I hope one day it becomes part of the Office installer so that other start to use it more and see how it actually helps with creating layouts for databases and such. 15 out of 10.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

A wonderful diagramming tool for technical professionals that is easy to learn and use.

Bewertet am 14.03.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Very easy to start using, within 5 minutes a user will be able to start diagramming. Very intuitive and user-friendly, and very familiar to anyone who uses any of the major MS Office products, regarding interface.

We use this product to diagram information networks, software/scripts logic flows, systems designs, and datacenter layouts, and business process workflows. As an IT shop, Visio is versatile in providing solutions for all aspects of our diagram needs of our business.

Customized connector anchor placements are great for fine-tuning a diagram.

Labels and adjustable placement flexibility is great for diagram cleanup.

Snap-to-connectors for line connections are flexible and adjustable.

Knowing the keys to press to place connector anchors can evade users who do not know to press those keys in order to place a custom connector point.

Pricing: Visio is an additional cost outside of the normal Microsoft Office suite of software.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Charting of many kinds and many levels of anal retentiveness

Bewertet am 17.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I get the freedom to do all of my charts & graphics quickly, but also uniquely. Not being locked into a finite number of design choices

Visio allows me to produce a very wide range of graphic charting and mapping with tools and templates ranging from floor plans to flow charts, process maps, org charts.

There is a wide variety of pre-made and editable elements, shapes and borders as well as the ability to create your own.

There is also the ability to layout on a grid to allow for precise placement of the elements for and a very professional look.

Elements are grouped by chart type for convenience, but all groups and elements can be used at any time. It allows much more creativity than PowerPoint, and is nowhere near as clunky.

Page size/image size/paper size can be a bit confusing.

Also, it would be nice if there were some sort of quick and guided way to convert something created in Visio into a background that could be used in PowerPoint

Weiterempfehlungsquote

I think it is a very complete software, it is a very useful tool in the professional field

Bewertet am 13.05.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Personally, it has greatly facilitated my work and activities, since it is very easy to use software, even for beginners, as most Microsoft tools are very user friendly. I find it interesting that I can insert any type of images and comments, which has allowed me to customize my diagrams, besides the software has a great variety of symbols that manage to make my diagrams very detailed in a short time and it is ideal to copy the flow diagrams of process, organization charts, work calendars in my Word reports or my PowerPoint presentations without having to modify them since they are perfectly compatible

I particularly like this software, although in more complex processes it does not have the necessary tools to prepare diagrams and of course at the time of activating the product it is necessary to buy the license that is a bit expensive compared to other software

Verteilung der Bewertung

Super easy to use. It allows to obtain professional results (almost CAD). Highly recommended.

Bewertet am 23.05.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

To produce great blueprints without using CAD software.

I like that maintain the same logic that other Office applications and that ease the learning curve to use the application. I work on the electrical engineering area and I can produce highly professional blueprints.

Also the software can import and export on several formats that allows share the results to other users.

I work on Microsoft Visio 2010 and that version doesn't allow to open multiple diagrams on several windows (for example to compare using multiple monitors).

Excelente

Bewertet am 01.06.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It makes the work easier

Visio offers excellent features and all the features you are looking for, it is easy to use, it is the best choice for flow chart software. This program is very useful and you can do a job with this work tool. It can be difficult to get used to new software, but Visio helps a step-by-step tutorial.

It needs more compatibility with other languages. I do not find any inappropriate tool of this application, it would be even better if you incorporate more templates and tools to modify the graphics.

Verteilung der Bewertung

Diagramming everything you need to improve your business

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 02.02.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Visio has help us to diagramming some processes of our company and know where are the failures or weak points and what processes we have to change to improve our production, all this with a simple interphase where everybody can easily understand what we are trying to explain.

Visio offers a simple way to diagramming and visualizing workflows in your company and business, this app is make for everyones who wants to draw their ideas in the computer or table, with a very simple interphase Visio allows to show to your bosses or partnerts how the process can work and where are failures of the company, all the diagramming has the intention of show how the company is doing their job and where they must put the effort to a better development.

Visio use a very simple interphase, but you have to know a little about Project Management and Organization to get the most of the app, in the first time of use can be a little difficult to know where to start with all the option that the software has, but with a little of practice you can become an expert in diagramming.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Excellent and easy to use software for creating flowcharts

Bewertet am 12.06.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It helps me design graphical flows that are easy for non-technical people to follow.

Microsoft Visio helps me create flowcharts that my users can easily follow. Most of my users are not technically minded and I need software package that they can follow both as a hard copy and online. Visio does this perfectly for me.

It can be difficult to use when you want to move outside of the standard design templates. Programming Visio can be a challenge if you are not an advanced user.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

absolute best way to get your point across

Bewertet am 10.01.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Visio is so easy to use. Visio is so simple to create super high quality presentations. Almost every powerpoint presentation I make has visio diagrams. I use this software to make architectural diagrams, network diagrams, logic diagrams, process diagrams. My kids use visio to make presentations for school.

Some of the templates are not as flexible as desired. For example, some networking diagrams don't contain enough to diagram cloud based designs.

excellent program for flowcharts

Bewertet am 31.05.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

depending on the use of the application you can do good things for the organization

very good application for the part of documentation of processes and lifting of technical and functional requirements in any technological project. you can also use it to diagram workspaces and other things of organization and methods

high costs for the license, this application is very good for documentation but it is very difficult to integrate with systems based on BPM for greater control

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Made my univesity life easy!

Bewertet am 20.03.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

If you willing to pay for it, you will be very satisfied.

I used Visio in university. Our university provided this software for free for Computer Engineers. I used a lot to draw diagrams, creating flowcharts in my assignments. It is the best software to draw diagrams and code designs. I was very lucky to use it for free.

Although I didn't pay for it in college, it is a bit expensive. It is Microsoft's product so you cannot expect less. I prefer other free tools now.