Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk Erfahrungen

• Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great HelpDesk / Inventory solution

Bewertet am 4.7.2018

Cost, up-to-date picture of the hardware inventory, logs, that can be used for internal audit purposes.

I used a free version of Spiceworks for several years. Installation of the application only takes few minutes. In just a few clicks you have a full robust system for ticketing and inventory. Another great perk is Spiceworks community, merely priceless resource where all the IT folks share their knowledge and can help you with random IT dramas. Great way to keep an eye on the hardware inventory. Getting it configured and working properly can be a challenge, but the results are well worth it. Not to mention great helpdesk ticketing functionality, that allows to put an order on how your service requests are processed on a daily basis.

I've only used a free version of the application. As I mentioned, one of the key reasons why I got it was for inventory purposes. Getting it work was a challenge. A lot of tweaking had to be done on the network to be able to query all of my PC and Mac workstations and servers. Nevertheless, the result was well worth it. Additionally, while the inventory is running, the system would be somewhat slow, but still managable. Great product! I highly recommend it to all IT admins out there.

Sergio
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great solution if you don't need advanced features, but still need to track issues

Bewertet am 28.5.2021

I implemented and used it in some companies of different sizes, where requests were managed by a couple of technicians, and it worked fine, solving the issue of tracking requests and defining task lists and priorities.

If you chose the cloud way, there's nothing you need to install: just register and you're u and running.
The ticketing solution is simple and quite basic, but definitely easy to use and simple to manage: forget advanced automation, multiple queues and automated workflows, but you can define some rules and automatically assign or categorize your requests quite easily and effectively.
You also don't need to add users, just technicians: they're added as soon as they submit a request, and that simplifies user management.
It integrates with other Spiceworks tools such as Inventory, and that's quite useful.

There's almost no automation (really basic), and you cannot manage different queues to route tickets to.

ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

Essentially simplicity and price: it's a good solution in case you don't need the advanced feature of a proper incident/problem/change management tool, or you don't want to face a steep learning curve.
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Spiceworks IT Help Desk - So Good, Missing So Little

Bewertet am 11.9.2018

The IT Help Desk really was good, and too this day I wish we were still using it.

Unfortunately,...

Unfortunately, the lack of administrator reports with the little fluff, buried the project. We are now using another solution that follows a work order logic, and we've lost all our good internal processes. We miss you spiceworks.

We used Spiceworks for over a year. We lived and breathed in the Help Desk environment. It was great. We had memes on the office, making sure everyone put in our tickets, and tracked everything we possibly could. When techs were in the field, a quick app click, and recording our voices to tickets. It was just awesome.

Then administration wanted to try getting logs / reports from the system. Spiceworks was excellent for IT, but junk for a non-IT administrator wanting oversight. The reports were too techy, too details, no summary. EG: Bar Graphs, Pie Charts, and fluff. Spiceworks was all business, which was the problem, I needed to show a little fluff.

The advertisements also made it a little, meh, for when other users were posting tickets. Lets face it, they weren't the kind who were looking for datacenter solutions (typical ads we saw).

Riyasudeen
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Spiceworks Review

Bewertet am 2.11.2021

Very satisfied software for IT inventory management and keep record of overall computer information which will be very useful to get reports for the auditing.

Inventory management is the one of the best feature in this software. Can able to scan the devices in the network and keep track of all the information of each and every devices.

Less customization option available for this software, so in some places have to follow the common standards instead of customized functions depends on the user needs

ManageEngine Endpoint Central

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

Free of cost software if installed locally and have to pay only when choosing the cloud storage
Nathan
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Best bang for Buck IT Ticket System for infrastructure support

Bewertet am 10.7.2023

Spiceworks filled the void where we relied on email for managing internal IT support cases, it's was a significant improvement for issue tracking and managing workloads. It's completely free you just need the hardware to host / run their solution. For anyone who is using email or teams channels to manage internal support cases just stop and switch to spiceworks. The issues with spiceworks is it's very limited on functionality, there's no round [sensitive content hidden] assignments, holidays rotas and multiple dashboards for split teams. It's a very basic ticket system ideal for small teams but don't let that put you off as it's trivial to install & configure and best of all it's completely free.

It's very easy to install & configure, their documentation on initial setup is straight forward and overall it's easy to use. It's a very basic ticket solution however it's completely free, if you're without a ticket system and just need something to get you away from emails then you'd be daft not to try it.

The lack of advanced functionality you find in paid rival solutions, round [sensitive content hidden], holiday rota, multiple teams and advanced reporting / dashboards are none existent.

Alex
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung

Excellent starting place for Ticketing System and for Full Implementations

Bewertet am 13.6.2023

An excellent helpdesk ticketing system that if you don't have one in place should be your first stop for getting started.

It offers a free service which is very usable, and an excellent place for any business to start if they current do not have a helpdesk ticket/reporting system. Centrally mange all the helpdesk jobs rather than relying on emails, which can be missed. Can be upgraded with a subscription to get even more features and remove advertisements.

Only initial downside people might not like is the advertising that is built into the free version, but it is totally understandable for Spiceworks to have this, and it is not intrusive. Some of the features you might want could be only available under a subscription but all worthy ticketing systems are not free. Setup could seem daunting for a novice user but there is plenty of support and guides.

Freshservice
Armando
Armando
  • Branche: Computer-Vernetzung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Complete suite of administrative tools for your Network

Bewertet am 29.9.2021

Thanks to Spiceworks I was able to control each asset and foresee any problem, be it licensing or errors. The continuous monitoring of my services gives you peace of mind

With spiceworks CM version I was able to register all the devices on my network, monitor their performance and record all my assets. My users can open tickets oriented to our services.

It can be a bit lengthy to configure all the tools since it has a high number of variables. Ads hide good design. The translation is not entirely good.

Tim
Tim
  • Branche: Immobilien

A System Administrators best friend

Bewertet am 24.7.2018

Spiceworks is a totally free piece of software if you choose to self-host. Getting things up and running is pretty easy, and it doesn't involve a huge amount of upkeep to keep the inventory data up to date. It also comes with access to the Spiceworks online community. This is a gathering place for a large array of computer savvy folks who help each other out with questions, answers, and access to pieces of software that make life easier. I have reached out to the community many times, and gotten some great feedback on issues I have had, and suggestions on hardware and software purchases. I also like the ability to build my own help desk portal where end users can submit tickets for easier tracking and resolution.

I have had some issues with the self-hosted software crashing from time to time. I have not been able to figure out why it needs a random reboot to keep it happy, but it only happens every couple of months, so it really isn't a huge issue to me.

Michael

100% free help desk and ticket resolution solution.

Bewertet am 13.12.2017

As I mentioned previously, a majority of our users are primarily mobile and being able to stay in touch with each other and with the client (who we can set up to receive notifications of their own when a ticket they created is edited) is essential. Further, there's no reason not to try it out because there is no financial commitment to worry about.

As I said above, it's FREE. For lower volume IT houses it's pretty great. We have a basic setup where emails sent to a support address automatically open a ticket. I operate almost exclusively from my phone and we've never had an issue creating, working on or closing tickets in the field or in the office.

Nothing more serious than the occasional hiccup when an update is released for the mobile app and features are either shuffled around or changed so much they aren't easily uncovered again. Also, if it did more to auto-populate the fields for the name of the person who submitted it, what it pertains to, which software or hardware they're looking for help with, that would be great.

Michelle
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Spiceworks works

Bewertet am 21.11.2023

We had a more analog way of putting in maintenance and IT requests prior to Spiceworks. The process was changed to a similar system as Spiceworks and then our company started to utilize Spiceworks. On my end I do not see a difference. I like that we are able to track a ticket and staff can communicate through the request. The maintenance workers find it easier to organize and prioritize the jobs as well.

Our maintenance and IT dept use Spiceworks for staff to put in tickets for requests. It is easy to do and I get alerts when ticket is assigned to a worker.

It really depends on who is accepting the tickets on the other end. Sometimes I will put in a ticket and it will remain open until a human assigns it or closes it on the other end. This program works great with the help of a real human.

Steven
Steven
  • Branche: Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung

Spiceworks Helpdesk Cloud - Small Enterprise

Bewertet am 10.5.2020

We have been able to improve our response time to user issues by appropriately configuring ticket categories, assignment rules. The number of walk-ups to the help desk has been cut by more than 50%, which has permitted our IT support staff to be able to manage their time more efficiently. Our TTR has improved, as well as the level of customer satisfaction within our organization

This application is extremely easy to set up and configure. It can be configured as an on-premise application or in the cloud. Administration is managed through a dashboard which permits administrators to manage roles for support personnel to whom tickets will be assigned. Tickets can be automatically assigned to individuals or teams based on configurable categories and ticket rules. There are standard data entry fields included and the administrator can add additional fields as needed. For example, during the Coronavirus pandemic, with everyone working from home, we added a mandatory phone number data entry field to our ticket layout. Data entry fields can be made mandatory if desired.

When a ticket is created by a user, the ticket is entered into the system with all of the information provided by the user and the user receives a confirmation email. The ticket will be assigned to the proper support agent or team based on the rules configured within the application. Any replies to that email are automatically added to the ticket with date and time added. Tickets can be easily closed upon completion. Duplicate tickets can be merged into one ticket which helps with management of the ticket queue.

The user portal is easily customizable with company name and other options. Users can even attach a screenshot or other file to the ticket to provide useful information beyond the text description of the user problem.

Best of all, it can be used for free.

Since this is a free IT Help Desk application, it is not nearly as full featured as some other IT Help Desk applications. Reporting is not as robust as some other applications. However, you can easily download information in .csv format and create your own reports if needed.

• Branche: Staatsverwaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Spiceworks IT Helpdesk offers great value for money. Most outstanding is the support.

Bewertet am 4.5.2018

The software provides a complete inventory even if stretched over multiple locations and networks; a complete ticketing system, knowledge base system and many other tools that are of good quality to manage day to day incidences and requests.
The inventory scan provides great detail of networked devices and peripherals e.g. serials, make, model, status, warranty and many more.
Customisable views allow you to quickly focus on the details necessary to troubleshoot issues.

Community forum. Personally, I consider forums a waste of time since you normally have to look for ages and still never get the answer you need. Communities are based that "someone has experienced this problem before" and is willing to share in all detail what the problem (can be awkward) and share the solution as well.
On the Spiceworks community (cheers!), we have always found answers that you usually only find on paid communities (details, scripts etc). The software (FREE!) gives you a great overview, even if you are spread over multiple locations and/or multiple networks. A complete inventory and a ticketing system that are customisable and ready to integration software and scripts. What more do you want for free?

This is definitely not the worst but it takes a bit of getting used how Spiceworks operates. Like other platforms there is a learning curve. Some integration with other 3rd party software might not be straight forward but then there is the awesome community.

Racey

Easily the best completely free helpdesk software out there

Bewertet am 5.12.2017

I like that it works well for a small to medium sized environment, I like that it has never crashed or given me a single problem in the five years I've used it as our only help desk ticketing solution, and I like that it costs absolutely nothing. It includes some other features like network monitoring, SNMP monitoring, etc., but we've never used any of those features. If you really need that type of functionality I'd recommend going with a more robust solution built for that purpose. All we needed was something to handle support request tickets and it has been great for that. If you have a very large environment you'll probably want to go with a more robust solution, but for our 100+ users this has been completely fine.

If I had to find something to complain about, I guess I would say that I don't care for the fact that its HTML based and is rendered in a browser window. I'm sure many people don't find this a con, I'm just personally used to working with an application installed locally and find the interface to be a little laggy compared to the snappy performance of something like Autotask. Not much to complain about in a free solution though.

• Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Considering the cost, it's a VERY powerful application

Bewertet am 29.8.2018

Very happy we got it. It is one of the most stable, reliable things we run here. It has genuinly made things smoother and easier for my IT Department. And yes, we are running the free version (so you know it's not a "paid indorsement"). If I ever changed jobs, Spiceworks would be the FIRST thing I installed at a new place. So much bang for low to no cost and a short learning curve

Does a great job of managing our help desk ticketing system. Nobody likes making tickets, but with 4 techs watching the que, problems get resolved faster. We have been using the system for years. Very stable. The inventorying is reasonably robust - will let you quickly spot machines that are not up to spec for a planned upgrade.

The polling and reporting on down devices is weak. You find out a device is down long after it actually went down, and then for DAYS it continues to aleret you the device is down (even though you have brought it back up). If you try and close the ticket, spiceworks gleefully creates another one, even though the problem is long gone.
That said, we did not install this to be a network monitor, so any monitoring functionality is just icing on the cake.

• Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Perfect starter IT Help Desk software with additional tools for Small Business sysadmins

Bewertet am 12.2.2019

Our small 3-person IT team needed a basic and easy-to-use helpdesk software for our technicians and end-users. Spiceworks was easy to install and meets all of our requirements, with a little bit of feature bloat (but it's free!). While I am sure we could pay money for a more customizable, modular, ad-free system, its simplicity and reliability is incredibly valuable in our IT department.

-Offers basic helpdesk features - email to ticket, email notifications, simple reports/metrics - and a simple interface for L1+ technicians. No training is required
-Knowledge Base is a great place for documentation, and to refer users for duplicate tickets
-No frills, easy to setup, requires virtually no maintenance when hosted on a Windows server (we do not use the cloud version)

-Inventory and Network Monitor just seem to add bloat for the minimal usefulness that they are - we can do a better job with other free tools like The Dude
-Paying to remove ads still won't reclaim any screen space that they take up, just a replacement with your own graphic - I don't believe this is worth it

• Branche: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Spiceworks Help Desk is very user friendly and is a great cost effective ticketing system.

Bewertet am 6.6.2018

A cost effective IT HelpDesk ticketing system, that allows our business to track issues, increase productivity and keep track of our IT inventory.

Very easy to use and the initial setup and normal operation is user friendly enough to where even a novice user could get it working for their needs. When it comes to Help Desk software, you can't beat the low price of FREE!

There is a large pool of add-ons and user created plugins that will fill in the blanks to add additional functionality.

If you get stuck on an issue while using Spiceworks Help Desk, the official email support and user forums are very helpful.

Helps you keep track of inventory.

Overall if you are looking for a cost effective HelpDesk ticketing solution for a small/medium business, you can't go wrong here.

Users have reported that on very large networks the initial network scan can take days to complete.

Official support is limited to email or user forums.

You can't hire an expert through Spiceworks to help set up or configure Spiceworks Help Desk to meet your needs. It is up to you to figure it out.

Matthew
  • Branche: Bau

Fantastic IT Help Desk Solution

Bewertet am 12.4.2018

It has been a good way to track tickets and gives us the basic information as to how many tickets we are closing per week

Myself and my team have been using Spiceworks for the last 2 years now as our Help Desk Ticketing software solution. We have now also recently changed over to their cloud version of this software which incredibly is also free and still have zero issues with the software. To date, it has never let us down. Spiceworks software delivers all the functionality we need out of a Help Desk Solution and is still running strong for us. We manage over a 500 tickets daily through this software and have never found to have had any technical issues with it.

I do however have only one small issue and that is I wish it had better sorting of submitted tickets and improved search capabilities. Otherwise this software is amazing and only look forward to any future updates they may have for us.

Peter
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Spiceworks keeps me always alert and well informed of the workings of my teams at all times.

Bewertet am 17.7.2019

It is an excellent system that gives me the opportunity to visualize the state of my network, which allows me to be always informed, updated and alert to any inconvenience that our equipment may present. We have been able to monitor our servers and switches using any agent that is installed on each one. With Spiceworks I have been able to scan all network devices and desktop computers with windows in a very simple way.

This system is very easy to use and configure, even for users who are just starting out in these activities. It has the main property of always keeping us informed of the state in which our servers and switches are located and in case of any problem Spiceworks will alert us even before it occurs. Another feature that has benefited us is that it is not necessary to log on to an individual computer, we just have to open the system and be able to buy everything. It is a fully automatic system and we can use it from any type of device that is integrated into a browser compatible with the system, provided that the data is hosted on the computers of the internal network of our company.

Sometimes the system can become a bit slow, especially when we access the system through low-income or old-order ones.

Richard
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Free, Reliable and Easy to use Helpdesk

Bewertet am 5.12.2017

Easy, Reliable and Free Helpdesk Software

Easy, Reliable and Free Helpdesk Software

We love Spiceworks Helpdesk. It is so easy to use, feature rich, and reliable. It allows our user to submit a helpdesk via e-mail or by using our spiceworks helpdesk portal. We have multiple technicians and departments, so once a ticket comes in it can be assigned to a certain technician or department automatically based on rules we assign. Certain technicians can see all tickets while others can only see their own, which is good for security and privacy issues. You can add notes and attachments to tickets and also add KB article or replies you post frequently so you don't have to retype common replies or solutions over and over again.

Sometimes it will run into an issue where the spiceworks page will be down but usually it is easy to resolve or a quick reboot will fix it.

Daniel
Daniel
  • Branche: Strafverfolgung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

It's great, setup is a pain

Bewertet am 24.4.2019

We used to rely on word of mouth or emails that would generally get lost. I am now able to keep track of all user submitted tickets to see where my staff is and ensure that things get completed. It also makes it much easier for users to report an issue. Previously users were discouraged from reporting technical issues because there was no guarantee the issue would ever be addressed. We now have accountability.

Extremely easy to use as a user and an administrator. Users simply send an email to a pre-defined email address (help@domain.com) and a e-ticket is automatically generated. My IT staff receives notifications via email as well as the mobile app. IT Staff is able to assign tickets, respond to users, set categories, etc. very easily. Best of all, it's FREE.

Set up was very difficult. It took us a few attempts to get it working. But once it was up and running, it keeps on going.

• Branche: Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen

Spiceworks is awesome!

Bewertet am 12.7.2018

It's amazing that the software is free. We were able to implement a proper help desk system with all the features we needed at no cost.

The Spiceworks online community is amazing. The knowledge available there is as good as any other source on the Internet.

It's free. The help desk functionality does exactly what it's supposed to do. Users can submit tickets via email or through a portal, and support staff are notified and can acknowledge the tickets right away. When ticket updates are entered promptly, it provides excellent visibility into the life of a trouble ticket.

The Spiceworks community is amazing. It's our first stop when searching for answers to tough problems.

We occasionally have issues with the system not checking email for new support tickets. A restart of the software solves the problem.

Sandeep
Sandeep
  • Branche: Gewerbeimmobilien

Ticketing Tool

Bewertet am 25.4.2023

We are using Spiceworks for ticketing day to day issues where users are facing and for regular follow-up of any tasks assigned.

I liked the ticketing process or features that were available when creating tickets, as well as the email alerts for each follow-up.

The least i like was server availability, Some times due to work load the server gets crashing and after restarting all the services only it will work without any issues.The initial stage of setup using authentication was difficult.

Nikki
  • Branche: Druck
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Lots of features for a help desk ticket system

Bewertet am 13.4.2019

I use Spiceworks IT Help Desk at work as a ticket system. It creates an individual ticket for each customer when they have an issue, and organises all the communications with this user with this individual ticket system number. It has really made us more efficient as rather than having to reply individually and try to keep track of emails with a customer, it is all stored within one system.

I like that Spiceworks IT Help Desk lets me work with customers through a ticket system, so I can stay organised versus answering and tracking individual emails. It also gives a notification when there is a new ticket or a message that has been waiting over 24 hours.

It is a little difficult to use and figure out the menus of the helpdesk system, and also every page seems to have to reload and does not work very quickly.

Amanda
Amanda
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

SpiceWORKS

Bewertet am 14.5.2018

It is free, there is a ton of content in the forums and nice little giveaways. (I have gotten many pairs of socks and Gift Cards though this.)

I love SpiceWorks. There are so many features when using SpiceWorks. There is a Forum that you can use to get help or chat with other users. There are giveaways and discounts for products. The ticket system is fantastic. When submitting tickets you can run reports and schedule them to pull a specific type of ticket and run a report at a specific time. It is super user friendly. There is too much content to name here.

The inventory Scan feature is not always accurate. The periodic upgrades are annoying, and some upgrades makes a drastic change. The mobile app is quirky. Does not support MAC OS

Great for Small Teams & Budgets; Lacks Reporting Features

Bewertet am 1.2.2019

For the price of free, this is a great Help Desk solution, especially for small staff. It can be a bit slow at times on the cloud-hosted solution. It also doesn't have much for options when it comes to Reporting functions, but it does all the necessities well. The Tickets dashboard is easy to understand, and they have a large community of helpful/knowledgable professionals that have helped me figure out tough issues more than once.

I really like that it's free, especially because the team I support is drastically smaller than it used to be, and we don't need near the features we had in the past. The Ticket dashboard is easy to understand, and I like that I can easily create new Ticket Views. I also enjoy the amount of support the community aspect brings to the table. The Knowledge Base allows techs to create articles for their users, and it provides the ability for techs to look at articles of other techs outside of their company in order to draw on their expertise. I also really enjoy that I'm able to restrict what domains I can receive tickets from in order to prevent spam/junk.

It's kind of expected with a free product, but the Reporting feature is pretty bare bones. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of options for configuring custom reports, and the available options are very limited. Every once in a while, the cloud-hosted solution is a bit slow. Other than that, I haven't experienced any issues.