UKG Ready

Personaleinsatzplanung und Humankapitalmanagement (HCM)

Sortieren nach

JEFF
JEFF
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Kronos for Workplace Scheduling

Bewertet am 6.3.2020

My regular work for the last year or so has recorded my hours and wages via clocking in with my badge on the Kronos system. I have learned to utilize it for all I can. I see my previous work info before payroll is done and can view future schedules and current numbers and earnings. I work for a terrific and large company and Kronos has been a decent timecard tool.

I have had a regular job that uses this system to clock in and clock out employees.But the device has so much more that allows us to see specifics-specifics related to current pay periods, previous and future. I can see my schedule on the little box and it's really a simplified tool.

I am on the fence on dislikes. My biggest is likely just what happens but I have had times that I did clock in and it did strange things.An example was an evening that meal break button led to clocking out for the shift.Random but troublesome because our version is not designed to allow management to alter or adjust our needs or problems directly through the system. Qe have to use a paper log for HR or Payroll. So smooth yet missing an easy touch.

Jana
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

Kronos

Bewertet am 21.1.2020

Overall I have had a great experience with Kronos. I love the learning feature. I have only had issues with the new interface.

I love the ease of clocking in and out. The phone app is great especially with being able to clock in or out even when you are off line. Love the tracking feature also for the phone app. I also like the reporting module. It is very versatile and I can make reports for individuals exact likes, wants and needs.

I do not like the new interface at all. It takes longer to get to everything. I feel like I have at least 2 to 3 more clicks of the mouse to get anywhere I need to go. Also the time card seems more messy and harder for the employees to read.

Paylocity

Warum UKG Ready gewählt wurde

Kronos bought them out and they were our best option

Gründe für den Wechsel zu UKG Ready

The size and capabilities that were offered
Majeeda
  • Branche: Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

A good software but not unfortunately designed for Park Districts.

Bewertet am 23.8.2019

I liked the support staff that helped me with issues that arose. In particularly, I want to say that they were great, even though, they could not always help me. They made an honest effort and tried to even make logical solutions to help remedy my issues. Rep was by far my favorite support persons. Please let them know that I appreciated their time and energies. They did a tremendous job helping me with the software and always followed up and followed through. I will miss our lengthy support sessions!

There was some level of customizing available.

It was not a software designed for an organization like mine, a park district. In our organization, most employees work in more than one role at all times. Kronos could only keep general record of one job with one pay rate to each employee (we did not have the Payroll portion of Kronos). Some notifications that we needed were not available. Creating forms from scratch was difficult. Webinars were very long (3 Hours). Kronos was not as customizable for us as we had hoped. many things that we wanted to do with the system were not possible. Applicants had a hard time applying through the software. I had constant issues with log-ins.

BambooHR

Warum UKG Ready gewählt wurde

We were looking for a more modern alternative that could handle more than just applicant tracking. We wanted to reduce paper in our organization and make forms electronic. We wanted one general place that employees could go to get most information about the company and their individual accounts instead of having to have multiples systems with multiple log-ins.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu UKG Ready

Other products did not have as many offerings as Kronos in the same company. We were hoping (and were told) that Kronos was going to be very customizable, and an all-encompassing software that could become our main source of recordkeeping, applicant tracking, performance management for our employees. If we were happy with the product, we were even contemplating using payroll, time and attendance, etc.
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung

Moving to Ukg Ready from Kronos Workforce Central

Bewertet am 16.1.2024

Responsive support, an excellent Team atmosphere. they have been very helpful with our many custom needs

the interface is much better than we had, filter groups really help. making reports and customizations are much improved

there is a learning curve to the product, but it is worth it.

Elena
  • Branche: Bau

One Word: EASY

Bewertet am 16.2.2021

Made my life as a manager easy. My admin and I were spending less time on their time cards, which improved office efficiency overall.

My favorite thing about this software is how easy it is to use. The admin team assigned to me used it for tracking their hours. It was very easy for me to see if they missed a punch, and it was also very easy to correct timecards. They had no issues with the software either.

My only "con" (if you can even really call it that) was that I thought that the reports could be a bit more user-friendly. They weren't even bad reports though, to be honest. Overall, I don't really have any negative things to say about this software.

Brooke
  • Branche: Bau

Bewertet am 14.8.2019

We have been able to go completely paperless with our onboarding process. However, customer support and follow-up has not been a pleasant experience. After implementation and the transition to customer support, I feel we were thrown to the wolves. There is no follow-up available from the project manager who built our system to offer any assistance with updates that come about. Basically, what is built is built is how I feel. We are not in the software business, and I feel it is key to have that support to be able to provide tips and tricks based on updates and new features that come about.

Recruiting and Onboarding have made our hiring process much easier.

It is not user friendly from the employee side or the administrator side.

BambooHR

Gründe für den Wechsel zu UKG Ready

What was presented to us appeared to be very user friendly. Ultimately, what we currently are utilizing doesn't look like anything we saw in the presentation.
Anna

In our 2nd year - post implementation

Bewertet am 23.8.2019

We initially bought all modules available and in the end we cancelled several. We retained HR, talent acquisition, time and payroll. We are not currently using talent acquisition or HR for onboarding as the initial workflows set up are not functioning properly and we've not been able to fix them.

The reporting functionality is super easy to use and very helpful. You can report on most anything in the system and since most everything can be exported to excel it's easy to slice and dice for whatever your purposes.

Payroll functionality and customer support. Time keeping works fine but once things are crossed over into payroll, things don't always translate as they are supposed to.

Caralyn
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

All employee information is in one place

Bewertet am 11.12.2020

A great product that is easily able to support a company as it fluctuates in both size and independence.

It's extremely helpful to have one place that supports the employee from onboarding to off-boarding. Reports are extremely customizable allowing us to provide data upon request quickly. Support staff always very friendly.

Lay out is not very compact and has a lot of white/blank space causing the user to need to scroll left/right/up/down frequently.

TriNet Zenefits

Gründe für den Wechsel zu UKG Ready

Cost, local support, product's experience in the industry and customization options
Allen
  • Branche: Maschinerie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Reports are not conducive to data dumps

Bewertet am 30.1.2020

I would say medium satisfied. Not overly impressed.

I would say medium satisfied. Not overly impressed.

Easy to click on fields desired to report on

A participant's information does not show up all on one line. Making it difficult to use in Excel.
The PTO request is not intuitive and I waste time doing a request. This should be a much simpler process as all employees do these.
I don't like the report resetting all the time while I am using it. Should stay where I was at.
Better Dep[t tools, like Pay History should be a canned report.
Should be able to go back and pull pay rates and headcount by specifying date, so system would have to know what pay rate was in effect at date selected.

Susan
  • Branche: Medizinische Geräte
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

UKG Better than the big boys in the payroll game

Bewertet am 5.1.2023

I really enjoyed it and was able to do wveryrhung I needed from my phone. Great way to get things done.

Efficient, and accurate, meas everything when dealing with people's money, and UKG deliveries! It's easy to use, easy to get on your mobile as well.

At first it can seem like a lot to learn, but it's easy to adapt to.

Connie
  • Branche: Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen

Kronos WFR is Amazing

Bewertet am 7.5.2019

One of the things Kronos worked hard with us was to get our Weighted Average Overtime process set-up. We are semi-monthly payroll and this sometimes creates some issues. Kronos worked with us determined to find a way to make this work and they didn't stop until it was resolved.
We also do a Allocation report and Kronos Support help us get a report put together to pull out our monthly allocation by labor cost departments. They did not quit working with us until this report was what we needed. It actually turned out better than what we had in the past.
Some of what we do as a company is sometimes different than the norm. Kronos as worked with us on each of this things so that the program works for what we need to get things done in the most efficient way possible with the most accurate information. I personally would not want to go to another Software Company.

We have been with Kronos family since around 2000. In 2015 we transition from Kronos Central to Kronos Workforce Ready. During the time with Workforce Ready, I enjoy how they are constantly changing and updating to stay up on current trends. The best part is that with all the changes, we are able to update and move to the new functions without any issues. If there is something we are not sure of, a request for support is available with a knowledgably support tech to help us get to the next level. Kronos Workforce Ready is able to keep us up to date with the latest technology trends and required reporting. Creating reports and pulling information has never been easier. Basically I have found that whatever I think of, Kronos can do it.

We were one of the first jumping on board with Kronos Workforce Ready in 2014 when things really started taking off for this program. So our implementation was a little stressful, but Kronos listen to us and has worked hard to resolve the early implementation issues. Support has improved and it is more than support when they are called they are full of suggestions to help improve processes that are used.

Angie
  • Branche: Staatsverwaltung

Overall great product!

Bewertet am 5.3.2020

I really like Kronos Workforce Ready product overall. I think it would be nice to have a one on one quarterly meeting with someone so I can make a list of the not so important items to go over. I believe there are things this system can do that I have no idea about. I understand the videos and training materials but I do better talking to someone and showing them what I am talking about rather than trying to explain everything in an email. Just my opinion.

I believe most of the program is very user friendly. I like that everything is tied into the system, payroll, HR, TLM and applicant tracking. There is a lot more that we can utilize that we are not using yet. I like the audit trail feature so I can tell what the employee is doing so I can help teach them the correct way. I like the Favorites option that I just found out how to use that about a month or so ago.

At the time of our purchase, the fire department purchased Telestaff scheduling product that we were told could talk to our payroll system and send information over to Kronos and land on the firefighters timesheet. We have been in implementation for this particular item for almost 2 years now.
I do not particularly like the benefit selection process. I think it is very difficult to read the confirmation page, it does not show the dependents without having to reopen it. It is very confusing when selecting dependents and spouses for a plan. I feel it used to be so much easier to maneuver and read your decisions but now it has added another 10 minutes to the process because you are constantly going back to see if your dependents are selected. I am NOT looking forward to open enrollment this year at all.

Michele
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Workforce Ready

Bewertet am 7.7.2017

This is a good program for our purposes, and it is used by accounting and HR. I can't comment for accounting, but HR is making good use of the program.

After training (and retraining,) I am able to maneuver through the program easily. It's good to be able to adjust the company settings so that some fields are auto filled, such as our benefits guidelines. Reports are easy to customize, although I need more practice because I only run them infrequently. It's good to be able to save reports for ease of running them the next time. Easy to download to excel for further customizing the reports. I have admin access, so I am able to get whatever information I need quickly, without being blocked. I am in the program many times throughout the day. It's easy to manage my own time and requests for time off as well, both for myself and on behalf of others (when they forget!) The benefits feature and ability to get copies of W-2's and other forms both for myself and employees is a good one. The amount of information on each employee is very thorough. There are times we have layoffs, and then recalls, so it is easy to REHIRE the employees, with their previous information already loaded.

I find it somewhat cumbersome when hiring a new employee, but again, the company settings make it easier. When running reports, I sometimes struggle with finding the right fields to add, especially when it has to do with the accounting features, but I have an excellent "go-to" person in accounting that assists! Again, that is usually due to the infrequency of running those types of reports. When rehiring employees, we found that some of the information was not prefilling, but with some adjustments in the company settings, (after trial by fire) it seems to be working correctly.

Antwort von UKG

Hi Michele – I love to hear that your HR team is making great use of the product. It is fantastic that you have a go-to person in accounting for pulling reports when you need them, but I wanted to highlight some key resources we have available to help you further with your reporting needs. We have a reporting best practices webinar available to all our customers and we also offer instructor-led classes on reporting. If you are interested I would be happy to share further details and a link to the webinar with you. Please feel free to send me an email at holly.bouffard@kronos.com – I look forward to hearing from you!

Devan

Worked great until we reached the Labor Level limit

Bewertet am 2.10.2018

The system provides an easy to use punch in/punch out process using bio-metric fingerprint scan, there are customize-able dashboards and reporting functions, and if you have a straightforward business model without the need to segregate costs into multiple Job Orders this is a great system.

The Workforce Ready terminals do not support barcode readers, you have to select everything from a list. They also don't display in the same way you have your Job Orders or Cost Centers setup, they only display as a list view, with some qualifiers for searching. If you need detailed job costing, there are a lot of additional steps required to set up and manage all the data, and there is no inherent connectivity to ERP systems. Middleware is provided to help move data in and out of other systems, but it all has to be custom programmed, which you as the customer are required to provide. If you are using a standard job prefix, there is a limit of 750 records in any one folder, and once you surpass that limit, the functionality of the "Tree View" (which is how everyone is accustomed to viewing a file structure) reverts to a "List View" which is absolutely useless for a large collection of data due to the way it is formatted. Once the limit is reached, the previous functionality can not be restored, which causes a lot of heartache for people that have been accustomed to visually finding the Job number and then have to learn how to search using "Like" or "Between". Knowing this up front would have prevented the purchase of the product, but it took literally weeks of dialog with support to just discover what the issue was when it occurred, and the software engineering team had no interest in fixing the code that caused it.

Teresa
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis

Kronos Workforce Ready is the best timekeeping system I have ever used

Bewertet am 22.8.2017

Not only is the payroll system a well oiled machine, the HR module turned out to be better than we could have hoped for or expect. So much of the manual tasks that either Payroll or HR would perform are now automated. Kronos has really been a blessing and the price for a product of this quality is incomparable to other products on the market (which were thoroughly researched before deciding on Kronos).

My duties have come down to literally pushing a few buttons to generate a bi-weekly payroll for 200 hospital workers. The reporting functions are endless, in addition to the already prepared reports within the system, it is extremely easy to build your own and have the exact information you want to see on a report. I am able to do the quarterly reports in about 10 minutes (including submission to the various entities). The customer support is phenomenal. If you've ever had tech support that the rep didn't really understand the problem or their job and tried to correct your system only to find it become even worse, you will really appreciate Kronos support. I have yet to be let down, they are very personable, intelligent and an expert in the field to which your question is based. I really can't say enough wonderful things about Kronos functionality and support.

Hi Teresa,

We want to thank you for your thoughtful review highlighting the product and our Support team! It’s so great to hear that Workforce Ready has made your day-to-day duties much easier and less time and labor intensive.

Amy Fafard

Stephen
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kronos aims to be the one-stop-shop for your HRIS solution.

Bewertet am 8.9.2018

Overall great product. It's the way we get paid, and the taxes are all right. I attended the payroll class and they have solutions for living in all different counties in Pennsylvania with their thousands of local taxes.
Say 95/100 things go right, the 5 things feel bad, but you forget how much work it makes to make anything right. It often takes one thing to make a program go awry.

Many modules and what they don't do well they are investing on to make it more of a one-stop shop. Most of the users in the company can use this fairly easily. The setup on the back end is comprehensive. The reporting is good and easy to use, but you can't change the width of columns on the screen and some columns are missing. The support staff takes tickets and work with you over the phone and share screens with you so reporting issues is a breeze. I've been invited to a subgroup for development for a certain feature and it's great to get some eyes on the product before release so i can prepare some training materials for my company.

I mentioned reporting issues is a breeze. The wording I get back fairly often is "working as intended." It's easy for me to say a certain feature may not make sense but for another company it may make lots of sense. I wish there was just a little bit more of product testing for major features. Global Support is very polite and they will operate for your timezone even though most of their support staff are on the east coast.

Kodi

Total headache

Bewertet am 5.11.2020

Our organization used excel sheet timesheets that were printed/signed/sent off prior to kronos. Kronos was an upgrade from this outdated process for the sheer fact that it is web-based electronic timekeeping getting the entire complex company into one central timekeeping software. Its been a total headache to implement though, and is not user friendly. As a Supervisor in Kronos responsible for reviewing and approving my team's timecards - it is nice to have it accessible on the app in case I am not in the office when timecards need approval. Other than that though, I would never choose this product if I was in the position to make that call in the future. I am pretty tech savy, but I find this difficult to navigate & that it is even harder for employees that did not grow up on computers. Not a fan.

- free app for employees to use on their phones
-web-based
-seeing my team in one spot on my homescreen

- not user-friendly
-difficult to navigate
- really dislike report section & constantly have to review my notes to get reports to run properly
- many times a punch in/out showed it took on the app, but not on the website

Hello Kodi,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear that UKG Ready is not meeting your expectations. I would suggest reaching out to your Sales Rep., or Customer Success Manager to see if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience. If you would like me to connect you to your UKG Account team, or have any additional information you would like to share please reach out to me directly amanda.boyle@ukg.com

Thanks!
Amanda Boyle
Customer Marketing Specialist

Michael
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Highly configurable immature Human Capital Management system with poor customer support due to...

Bewertet am 8.3.2017

Overall the experience has been awful. I came on board after a very bad implementation. The support, training, and responsiveness have been so poor that for the first time in my life, I received a poor annual review. Everything to the way the product was sold (no, you don't need and HRIS person), to sucktastic implementation team, to thousands of settings and a counter-intuitive interface. We can't get rid of Kronos WFR because senior management doesn't choose to believe it's the fault of horrible implementation and support, so we are moving toward the next best thing, move from a direct client to a service that configure the system and runs the back end of payroll.

Highly configurable. If we had support and all parts of the configuration reviewed with a fine-tooth comb, it may be possible to even like the system. The ability to have a "living W2" and "living pay statement" is pretty awesome, as are many other features. Too back Kronos does care enough to spend the time to make sure their customers are as success as they are.

See "Your Review" above. Poor support is the primary problem. Many open tickets for weeks on end. Horrible implementation. We use almost every module...maybe that was the problem. Maybe only time and labor and payroll are truly out of beta.

Hello Michael,

I appreciate your candid review, and I apologize for your experience. We understand that our support call time has been a cause for concern, and to improve this we have added additional resources to our support organization as well as revamping our own internal training. You should expect to see faster call times enabling you to obtain a faster resolution to your questions and issues.

978.947.5173
holly.bouffard@kronos.com

Ashley
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Kronos

Bewertet am 5.12.2019

Not user friendly by any means, even with an all day training course.

Not user friendly by any means, even with an all day training course.

Able to view schedule and time off requests easily. Also being able to view all staff and their clock ins.

Anytime you make changes to a schedule it usually erases all previous progress. Even with clicking save.

Hello Ashley,

Thank you for your feedback. It is nice to hear that you are having success with viewing schedules and time off requests easily.
As for making changes to the schedule and it erasing the progress - I have brought this to the attention of the appropriate product managers.
If you'd like to provide any more feedback, please feel free to reach out to me at Alaina.froton@kronos.com at any time.

Alaina Froton
Customer Marketing Specialist

Corey
  • Branche: Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung

Functional

Bewertet am 8.5.2020

The updates that occur frequently mess up our security settings and change things within checklists and we constantly have to adjust. This product would get a much better rating if the overall quality with things like that and automated reporting for our needs would make me rate it higher.

The system itself for payroll purposes is very easy to use and manipulate. Reporting for the most part is simple.

They sell you on how easily you can customize, however this was not what we have witnessed. Setting up an automated report can generally be simple, but doing a simple birthday pull monthly cannot be automated due to limited options within the product.

Rodica
  • Branche: Bankwesen

Kronos Workforce Ready is improving

Bewertet am 6.7.2017

This is the first cloud system we are using. After having Oracle E Business Suite for more than 10 years, I like the simplicity of Workforce Ready. We hope that the new upgrade coming in August will be a great improvement and reduce our Cons.

Easy to use. Easy to create reports. Works well in most areas. No need to have pre-printed checks.

Does not keep the history of changes. Does not have a TEST feature. No retro pay calculation. The change in pay rate in the middle of a pay period applies to the whole period, for exempt and non-exempt employees. Does not re-calculate regular rate of pay to add the additional overtime premium when nondiscretionary bonus is paid for current or past pay periods.

Antwort von UKG

Hi Rodica – Thank you for your review, I am glad that you are enjoying the simplicity of the system. I wanted to let you know that retro-pay functionality was delivered this month. To learn more about the functionality you can access the release notes right from your Workforce Ready solution by navigating to Our Company > Service Provider Documents > Download Documents. If you have any further questions on this functionality, please feel free to send me an email at holly.bouffard@kronos.com.

Jessica
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use system that reports easily.

Bewertet am 26.9.2017

Continue to improve the system and we will be long term customers!

Continue to improve the system and we will be long term customers!

The use of the system and reporting functionality are pretty easy to learn. Benefits setup is really nice and I am eager to see how ACA works for 2017. Our implementation specialists have been pretty good and attentive. I like how you get the same support specialists repeatedly as they begin to understand your company and can relate to ongoing issues you have.

The wait time on some cases is not always the greatest. I wish there was more functionality with the custom columns with reporting and also creating one line reports for payroll purposes. Some features are not as diverse as we expected such as the HR action items, no option to print if you use electronic option.

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for taking time to review Workforce Ready. We are happy to hear that you are finding the product easy to use and are looking forward to understanding its additional capabilities.
It is also great to hear that you are benefiting from a group of support specialists. For the wait times, we have added additional capacity to our support team to help decrease wait times. In addition, there is a new self-paced training course available within Workforce Ready MyLearning for reporting. To access it log into Workforce Ready and navigate to My Account > My Learning > Manager and within the Manager section will be the training “working with reports”
Please feel free to contact me if there is anything additional I can assist you with – amy.fafard@kronos.com.

Amy Fafard

Ashley
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Streamline all aspects of employee time-keeping in one application!

Bewertet am 16.1.2020

Since implementing and fully utilizing Kronos our staffing models have been better aligned with the business needs at each of our sites & held employees more accountable because this gives them a visual representation of punches that are "out of line" (tardy, unexcused absence, late out, etc). Kronos also tracks and reports this data based on trends/benchmarking that we established (Automatically sent to managers via e-mail report) - This has freed up our management team to focus on other duties.

Kronos has allowed our organization to house all aspects of employee time-keeping within one application. This has count down significantly on the reports collected because Kronos is tracking attendance, tardy, late out, OT, hours beyond FTE, etc. We have built our program to send notifications directly to management so that they can then handle "issues" as needed.

Implementation and planning efforts to build Kronos out to be as functional/efficient as it currently is took many months & IT work. Our organization did all of this internally, may be easier/quicker if utilizing Kronos for this.

Joyce

Exceptional Time keeping

Bewertet am 2.10.2018

General note to anyone considering Workforce Ready: We have been using this product since 2012. I seldom need to contact Support for assistance as this product tends to work great with minimal problems. When I have reached out for assistance the staff has done a great job resolving problems in a timely manner. You can expect a great product, courteous and professional service.

We have a wide variety of pay codes and rules. We have built in overtime, shift differentials, Differentials for field training, etc. I have worked with other software programs and Workforce Ready is a program that has been extremely accurate for time keeping. Workforce is one of the best software programs I have worked on for payroll. It is easy to use and understand.

The only issue I have encountered is when I have employees with multiple codes that fall on a holiday. An example would be: Patrol Officer, who is an FTO while working a holiday. Some hours just don't move over to payroll. However I understand the problem because we are "over-loading" the program with multiple codes.

Rhonda
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Usable yet challenging

Bewertet am 4.8.2017

We're able to upload and disseminate important information to our entire workforce from one platform is a huge plus!

The functionality of generating reports is difficult and the fact that we can't have documents that are able to be filled using Kronos is a downside.

Antwort von UKG

Hi Rhonda – Thank you for your review! One of our key goals with Workforce Ready is to provide our customers with a single platform for their entire workforce, and I am so glad to hear that you are directly benefiting from this! While it is always nice to hear what customers enjoy about the system it is also just as important to hear what isn’t working. Thank you for sharing your feedback on reporting. I wanted to share with you two ways that will help you in generating reports. First, we conducted a Best Practices series webinar on reporting a few months ago which is available to all of our customers. Secondly, we do have instructor-led classes on reporting. If you are interested, please feel free to send me an email at holly.bouffard@kronos.com and I would be happy to share further details with you!