MyCase

Mehr ausüben, weniger verwalten.

Sortieren nach

Jennifer
Jennifer

10/10 Recommend

Bewertet am 14.11.2023

I rave about MyCase anytime a colleague asks my opinion. Admittedly, I do not have experience with any other practice management software, but when I was comparing my options before signing up with MyCase I was most impressed by the completeness of the product as compared to other programs; and the price was by far the most competitive.

MyCase is easy to use. The basic functions are intuitive and a new user can navigate the program without much instruction. As a user becomes more advanced, MyCase offers training and tutorials, and has a plethora of add-ons available, allowing a user to really customize the program to their needs. For me, the most valued features are the ability to accept online payments, the communication and notes features, the time tracking and billing features, and the leads tracking.

The email integration is not seamless. I wish that there was a way for emails send to/from a connected email to automatically synch with any client who has a matching registered email address.
Additionally, my rate has consistently gone up; I don't use a lot of the add-on features that are the justification for the price increases.

Smokeball und Clio

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

The price and robustness of the product was superior. I felt that - at the time - I was getting the most "bang for my buck."
CJ
CJ

Incredibly Useful and Critical Component of my Practice

Bewertet am 14.11.2023

The customer service is top notch. Anytime I've needed anything or had questions about the software, staff have been quick to assist.

I started my practice with another software, but quickly realized that only MyCase had all the functions and features I needed to manage a small, one-attorney law firm. My Case allows me to spend less time on case management and document coordination and more time defending my clients.

The billing between trust and operating accounts can be somewhat confusing, but I also recognize that I likely need more specific training on this aspect of the software.

Paul
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Mediocre practice management. Good enough, though.

Bewertet am 7.12.2023

It's OK. Not bad enough to undertake the daunting task of migrating to something different, but not good enough to necessarily recommend.

I like that it is OS neutral. I like the billing.

It's not really that great for anything I do, and it's pretty restrictive on how you can set things up. For instance, there's no field in the user category to put my bar number, which is something that goes into pretty much any pleading that I draft. (1) Why isn't that field available, and (2) why can't I create custom fields? They always seem to be adding "features" that I rarely find any use for, but they won't fix bugs in their system. For four years, now, I can't clear an e-check that a client bounced. It shows up in the "rejected payment in last 30 days" field. They can't be bothered to fix that bug. Ever since COVID customer service has gone way down.

Actionstep, Smokeball und Clio

Warum MyCase gewählt wurde

Trying to keep my database up with the times was getting to be too expensive.

Claris FileMaker

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

Price. Less bad than the others. Smokeball's name was simply too stupid for me to seriously consider.
Carla

Good case management platform

Bewertet am 15.2.2024

Overall, I am happy with MyCase and am certainly not looking to change.

Overall, I am happy with MyCase and am certainly not looking to change.

User-friendly interface. Lower price than other services for the same features.

While the core platform works well and consistently, the add-ons are hit and miss. The accounting add-on is buggy at times: it periodically refuses to sync with my bank account. It also is difficult to change accounting entries when I discover an error such as categorization. The new gmail add-on stopped working for close to a month.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

The features I wanted were available at a lower price in MyCase.
G Cleveland
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

MyCase is an excellent client management and billing program

Bewertet am 6.2.2024

Overall my experience with MyCase has brought absolute relief to the client management, document management and billing process. I have done my best to get other attorneys to use MyCase and will continue to highly recommend MyCase. The cost/benefit ratio is excellent.

MyCase is so user friendly for client management and document transfer. It is incredibly user friendly for time entries, billing and uploading documents. It is also intuitive for finding contacts and documents. Additionally, the key word search capabilities are wonderfully easy and intuitive.

Making the view of folders and documents compact

anthony

Great product

Bewertet am 19.2.2024

Overall a great experience and worth the money.

Overall a great experience and worth the money.

Great product. Easy to learn how to use. Great and responsive customer service that will add features upon request.

More expensive than some other options. Some of the cost tracking can be confusing.

Clio und ProLaw

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

Chose MyCase because it was more cost-effective than some and had more options than others.
John

My MyCase Experience

Bewertet am 12.2.2024

It's been good. I tried another service and did not like it as much, so I switched back to MyCase.

I found the interface particularly easy to work with, easy to set up. Very intuitive.

That I have to pay for a seat just for my bookkeeper to pull my monthly reports.

Keith
Keith

Great case management software

Bewertet am 31.7.2023

Great

Great

Portability, upgrades & customer service

Email functionality deletes emails from server or duplicates.

Daniel
Daniel

Best in business

Bewertet am 9.11.2023

I have been staggered by the ease of use, particularly over time, and the connectivity for our clients. It's simply outstanding.

Everything about MyCase has either impressed me, or been improved, in the last two years. Just insanely responsive and appropriate to our medium-sized firm's needs. We'll never switch.

The cost is not inconsequential, but it works in our budget.

Brian
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I wish I hadn’t waited so long

Bewertet am 7.2.2024

MyCase is super easy to use, powerful, and makes billing and keeling clients informed, as well as having an easy to use electronic file simple.

I wish it integrated with onedrive, but that’s not a huge issue.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

Better price for features offered; Clio was similar but more expensive.
Margy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

This software is AMAZING. Yes, AMAZING.

Bewertet am 15.11.2019

MyCase has helped streamline the law practice that I help to manage. It's usability and features have made my life easier, and have made my management of case and client files more consistent, both front and back. Clients all receive the same level of excellent care, and I feel good knowing that by applying my workflows, I'm not missing anything. MyCase task management features are completely worth the cost of the software, even if that was all I was going to use it for. I cannot stress enough how awesome the task management is. I'm so obsessed that I literally ran out of characters above.

I also want to give a HUGE SHOUTOUT to MyCase's support team. I have had lengthy conversations with them about various issues that have come up on my end (generally not glitches, but requests I have for making MyCase more disability-accessible, etc.) and the team has never let me down. Everyone I have had the pleasure of working with has been friendly, professional, funny, kind, and knowledgeable. They take good care of me and I can see from updates that they are always working to improve the user experience. I am just SO PLEASED with MyCase. I am a convert and sing its praises to anyone who will listen (and often to those who won't!).

I am a huge fan of MyCase. Let me tell you why:
1. MyCase is extremely navigable. It is easy to understand and use. In a world where many attorneys are afraid of technology and change, that is really useful.
2. MyCase has a feature on every page view called "add an item." Unlike competitors, it ACTUALLY allows you to add any item whatsoever (notes, calendar entries, new files, contacts - you name it, it can be done), link it to people or cases, and perform ALL NECESSARY TASKS/FUNCTIONS from basically one screen view. That means, for instance, I can manage most case files without having to actually toggle through each file, saving me loads of time and energy.
3. MyCase has the best workflow management feature I have found to date. First and foremost, MyCase allows for the SIMPLE, INTUITIVE, QUICK creation of a workflow. Within that workflow, it allows you to edit tasks and add subtasks within tasks (BRILLIANT, WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE DO THAT???). I cannot stress this enough - subtasks are necessary, they are useful, and I would die without them. Or at least my pristine file management would.
4. MyCase saves mouseclicks. I cannot express to you, the reader, how important this is over time. I don't want to have to click on a search bar, then click on a case, then wait for the case to load, then click notes, then click add a note, then add my note and click done, and then click something else and something else and something else. SOLID APP. I have run out of characters!

There isn't much that I hate about MyCase, if anything.
1. My MOST IMPORTANT request has always been that, once a workflow is created, we are given the opportunity to REORDER tasks within the workflow (not just subtasks). If this were provided to me, I'm pretty sure every single request I have ever made (and there are a LOT of them) would have been addressed.
2. My second request would be for the phone app (at least on iOS) to be a little more robust and similar to the web-based version. My current workaround is just logging in on my mobile browser, but it's a little cumbersome. It saves me in a pinch when I need it, but otherwise I tend to avoid using MyCase on the go.
3. Oh, one final thing - MyCase performs maintenance on Tuesdays at 10PM (Pacific), which is a prime time for me to be working, so that sometimes cuts into my productivity. However, I totally get why they have to - that's 1AM on the east coast and they need to be done by the time the east is waking up and working. So, I always try to take the "oops, MyCase is no longer available" as a sign that I should stop working.

Rocket Matter und Clio

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

Again, it goes back to efficiency. Fewer mouseclicks, robust workflows and task management. A law practice lives and dies by its process and procedure, and MyCase makes it really easy and enjoyable to engage in the creation of process. I am grateful to the creators of MyCase for envisioning a product that really takes process to heart, and I am so pleased to use it and work with the MyCase team whenever the opportunity arises.
Brent

A Great Product That Continues to Grow and Bring Value

Bewertet am 24.8.2021

MyCase has provided the opportunity for my firm to coordinate activity between staff, set and track critical date, as well as maintain an overall awareness of the business from a financial standpoint.

Ease of use. Receptiveness to adding services and options. The ability to track leads. Dropbox integration. Billing is institutive.

Would like top see the options in the mobile app catchup with the online capabilities, especially accepting payments.

Warum MyCase gewählt wurde

I moved from Clio to CosmosLex with the idea of having more reporting options. It ended up not being a good fit. When determining to leave ComoLex I had to determine if I was going back to Clio or to do something else. I had previously looked at MyCase prior to going to :CosmoLex and decided to look at it again then made the switch..

CosmoLex, Actionstep, Rocket Matter und Clio

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

Cost point. At the time I signed up, the features offered by MyCase were al la cart options that drove the cost up had I subscribed to Clio.
Delea

Good value, dependable software

Bewertet am 10.8.2023

Other than the issues with email, our experience with MyCase has been a positive one. It's easy to onboard new team members and teach them the program. The price increase has been a drawback, but we've made it work. Tech support is responsive and I feel suggestions we make are not ignored.

Being able to access my cases remotely is critical, so I can work anywhere I have internet access. I also like that all team members on a case can see progress, status, and changes. Text messaging is also a big plus because it's the easiest was for clients to contact the firm and keep costs manageable.

The outlook/mycase email interface is clunky and not very user friendly. The legacy inbox has made it worse as we now have to look in two places to find emails, so staff has been instructed to not use the new feature from within outlook. Maybe this is already possible and we just haven't explored it yet, but not linking the email chains would also be really helpful.

Amicus was outdated

Amicus Attorney

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

I had used Clio in the past and found it to be a little clunky.
Larry
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

An essential tool for law office and case management

Bewertet am 12.8.2023

Outstanding. My working day is spent using MyCase all day long.

Outstanding. My working day is spent using MyCase all day long.

MyCase is easy to use for the most part. For the basics in case management, it is intuitive. It is easy to learn additional functions. If you are not sure about a function or that it even exists, getting technical support is easy and usually immediately responsive and helpful. Making comments on a calendared event is an excellent and useful function. The ability to make personalized notes on an invoice is very helpful. When creating an invoice, crediting funds held in escrow is easy. Tracking possible clients in leads and making preliminary notes is a great feature that is complimented with the global search function. The ability to remind, me, my staff and event clients is terrific.

The mobile app could have more of the functions as the desk top version. Resetting a matter and tracking the history of events of a particular case could be improved. Verifying any type of payment for a client or matter is difficult to find. A function of invoicing could be improved in regard to selecting items to be billed and reserving others; example: if I want to invoice for expenses but not fees at a given time creating an invoice is difficult.

Beatriz

Excellent case management

Bewertet am 23.11.2023

Highly recommend it’s an easy application and works great to keep organized workload

The way to stay organized with tasks and due deadlines- it’s a great way to keep your caseload organized

That if I choose a contact to be an attorney for the child, in one case I cannot change that contact to be an adversary on another case.

Microsoft Bookings und CloudLex

Warum MyCase gewählt wurde

Keep all in one platform for billing purposes

Bill4Time

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

Better understanding of program. Easy to use.
Mark

Ease of Use and Best in Class

Bewertet am 28.2.2021

Without Mycase I don't believe I would have been able to start and build my practice as I have.

I love the ability to have all my cases available via digital. I can share the documents with my clients and communicate with them via the client portal. All in one solution.

I would like them to have more integration, like with Onedrive, Google Drive.

CosmoLex und Clio

CosmoLex

Gründe für den Wechsel zu MyCase

Same as above. Price, ease of use and all the features included in Mycase made me switch. Also, Mcase built my website.
Jan

My loyal assistant

Bewertet am 9.11.2023

I have used MyCase for years, leaving it only for a time when I went to a firm that used a different product for time tracking. As soon as I could, I returned because I have found MyCase the most intuitive and rich program.

MyCase makes billing, invoicing, and trust accounting easy to manage on a daily basis. It saves me hours.

Some of the editing functions are not intuitive to me and I find that I must call customer service. I have never found the website support at all useful, but really appreciate how responsive customer service is for day-to-day questions.

Rachelle

Love the system

Bewertet am 22.4.2020

I’m very very happy with mycase.

I’m very very happy with mycase.

Client management is incredibly easy with this software. Keeps all Court dates, documents, billing, etc. I can select what I want the client to see too, which also keeps them from calling constantly as they can see what’s going on in their case. I can also do weekly billing and see who exactly is overdue. We also do weekly calendar meetings to assess any upcoming conflicts on the calendar.

It is all very user friendly and pretty intuitive. This is my favorite client management software.

The mobile app. Being a litigation attorney, I am in court all the time. So using the app is my saving grace for many things, but it needs some serious updating. You can still see your calendar and still see that people are overdue (but can’t see by how much or when). It’s easy to access the clients information so you can call them if you put their number in the system, etc. However, you can’t open invoices to see the details. I’ve noticed I can’t open signed documents on my phone either (that I’ve had clients sign through mycase) I can only open unsigned ones. Inputting client court dates into the calendar from the phone is tricky too because it is easy to skip over checking the clients box or other attorneys to appear as you have to go into each individual one. Whereas on the computer this process is very easy. So there are some definitely necessary updates in the mobile app part of this.

Grace
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

MyCase has made my practice workable with minimal staff and monetary investment

Bewertet am 8.3.2018

I am able to work at home and at locations and times convenient to clients; I can offer work-at-home opportunities to staff; storage is no longer an issue since my office is almost entirely "paperless"; I have been able to reduce the number of support staff; the return calls I have to make has been greatly reduced because there is no longer a need to locate files and contact others to ensure everything is up to date; I have an efficient means of tailoring case management based on the type of case or client

--I am able to access and update my entire case files from anywhere;
--my staff can view the same information I am, when I am away from the office
--it is easy to adjust to the specific requirements of my practice; for example, I can set up a "case" for all my administrative information ("Office Admin, 2018"), including documents, time, and expenses

--the software allows firm specific information to be input, but is limited on its usefulness; for example, I have a field for travel time as part of a time entry, but the invoice only shows the total time
--the inability to store documents with a contact as opposed to a case; for example, I use a particular therapist on multiple cases but I cannot attach her resume to her contact information; to be rapidly accessible, I must store the same document with every case
--the calendar can only be printed in an agenda format; to print monthly or weekly views, I must go outside the software to a sync'd calendar

Antwort von MyCase

Hi Grace, thank you for your feedback. We are happy to report that there is a way to store documents as part of a contact, and a member of our product team has reached out to help you through the process. We have also taken note of your thoughts on calendar printing and invoicing, and will be taking it into consideration for improvements in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our customer support team! Your continued support and feedback is appreciated.

Kimberly

A Must Have Legal Practice Software

Bewertet am 2.3.2023

I think this is a great product. Before MyCase I didn't have anything in place. I did use FileCenter to help keep my files organized in one place, however once I got my Mac they were not compatible. So when I tried MyCase on a trial period I realized that it would help my practice run a little smoother. Over the years with the added features, I am able to better communicate with my clients, keep files organized and bill my clients without issues. Overall this is a great law practice management software.

I really like the portal aspect of the software. I am able to put everything under a client's file and can choose what I share with the client. Using the portal is a way to ensure that emails or documents do not get lost. MyCase is constantly improving. Now they have added a text feature. They also integrate with other systems for ease of use in managing your practice. I also like the invoicing and billing aspect. Once invoiced the client can pay directly from the invoice either through the portal or from the email that indicates they have a bill that is due. You can even use it for consultation fees even before you open up a file for the client.I was able to easily adapt to using this software and as they add new features it makes operating my practice easier.

Even after almost ten years of using this software, I am still learning. I would definitely say take the time to get familiar with all the features. They have many articles that help you learn the product and if that still doesn't help you can always call customer service. I have had to do that a few times and they were alway courteous and helpful. I wouldn't say I have any cons except the cost of the software has increased several times since my initial start. I guess that is to be expected. I will say that over the years they have increased the features as well.

Joseph
Joseph
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Agrxis Review on MyCase

Bewertet am 19.5.2023

I've used MyCase extensively and have discovered it to be a priceless tool for running my law firm. The platform provides a wide range of functions that have significantly simplified my day-to-day business operations. I like the document management features in especially since they make it simple for me to organize and retrieve client papers, court records, and other crucial materials. I've also relied heavily on the time-tracking and invoicing features to effectively manage my money and generate correct customer invoices. Additionally, I now communicate with my clients more effectively thanks to client communication technologies like encrypted messaging and client portals, which offer a smooth and expert communication channel. MyCase's user-friendly layout and intuitive user experience have made it simple for me to use the site and rapidly become used to its features. Additionally, the mobile app has changed the game by enabling me to organize my practice and stay connected while on the road. MyCase has, all things considered, greatly increased the effectiveness and structure of my practice, making it a crucial instrument for my career as a legal expert.

I have been using MyCase for my legal practice, and I must say that it has exceeded my expectations in many ways. One of the things I like most about MyCase is its comprehensive feature set. The platform offers a wide range of tools and functionalities specifically designed for law firms, which has greatly improved my efficiency and organization. From case management and document management to time tracking and billing, MyCase has all the essential features I need to streamline my workflow and manage my cases effectively. The user interface is intuitive and user-friendly, making it easy for me to navigate and access the information I need. The customer support provided by MyCase is also outstanding, as they are responsive, knowledgeable, and always ready to assist me with any questions or concerns.

In my experience using MyCase for my legal practice, there are a few aspects that I liked least about the platform. Firstly, I found the pricing to be on the higher side compared to some other similar software options available in the market. While the features and functionalities of MyCase are comprehensive, the cost can be a deterrent for smaller firms or solo practitioners with limited budgets.

Maren
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Amazing Product, but could use some tinkering. Always improving and easy to use.

Bewertet am 18.7.2023

Great. Love how easy it is to use and that you can get to the same place several different ways. The customer service is A+, best of any software company or really and service provider we use. Our clients also seem to really love the portal and the ease of making payments. Add Item options should be colored again for ease of use.Quickbooks has some issues syncing and causes odd results.Really needs to add a date filter in the "Create a New Invoice" page for when I am billing the prior month. Filtering by "uninvoiced balance" is insufficient because it captures charges for current month, which is not the month I am billing for.

Easy to use. Love how the clients can pay online. I love how the case and client screens are integrated.

I absolutely hate that I cannot have my legal staff assist with the billing functions without also having them see the financial condition of the firm. I have lost an employee to them seeing how much the firm brought in and them believing we did not pay them enough. They then shared this information with other staff. I have considered leaving MyCase because of this I hate it so much. I need my staff to be able to send out payment requests for a retainer or a consultation or I need them to be able to answer a client's question about how much they still owe without the firm having to disclose how much we make each month or each year. It is honestly outrageous that this has not been resolved yet.My second largest complaint is that there is not easy way to download a remove (i.e. export) a client's contact, case info, communication and documents in an easy way. We are obligated to keep our client's file for a particular duration of time and best practice is that this information be kept in two locations, in other words, it must be backed up. The reminders pop-up is also very frustrating that I cannot control the default "ignore" time. It is set at 10 minutes and that is that.

Meredith
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

A Great Product for the Price (Without Bells and Whistles)

Bewertet am 17.8.2018

Great product which covers all the basic requirements of case management software and a price that can't be beat. I'm still using it, but looking at other options as I grow to avoid some of the more time-consuming aspects/cumbersome aspects of the software.

Cost is minimal and allowed me to get up and running with case management software immediately upon starting my law firm. It covers the basics - central place for case details, contacts, and documents; repeating task lists and deadlines; calendaring; and integration with quickbooks and email (to an extent). There is an obvious need for this type of product and I'm glad it is/was available.

The email integration is cumbersome and essentially requires you to forward messages to MyCase and then sort them individually into the correct cases. It does recognize emails/contacts frequently used and suggests a case assignment, but you still have to go through each email one by one and affirm that suggestion to get it to import into the case. With just a small caseload, this is time-consuming and would not be manageable for large volumes of emails.

The documents are stored in MyCase and accessible from wherever you are. That's nice, but not as helpful for me since it requires you to download the document onto your computer from MyCase, read it or make changes, and then re-save in MyCase if changes are made. Since I am mostly using the same computer each time, I don't want/need to re-download documents every time. To avoid, I just go to where the document is saved on my computer, but then I'm toggling between MyCase and my desktop. There is no way to work on/view documents WITHIN MyCase, which would make a huge difference.

It is nice to know that documents are available just by logging in on any device, but it's not as useful for a solo with one main work computer without the ability to open the document without downloading it.

Antwort von MyCase

Hi Meredith, thank you for the honest feedback. With regards to document storage, we now offer an integration with Dropbox, which will allow you to easily view and edit documents stored in Dropbox through MyCase, without the need to download and re-save - any updates will be immediately reflected in MyCase. Also, we're actively exploring ways to improve our email integration with the goal of making it less time-consuming to save a large volume of emails to your cases. We take customer feedback very seriously and can assure you that your review is taken into consideration moving forward. If you have any questions or further feedback, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Success team! Thank you again for your review.

Sandeep

MyCase Legal Office and Billing Management Program

Bewertet am 4.8.2023

I really like the program. They are making improvements and it would be even better if they added some minor features, but overall its great.

its ease of use, customer service, user friendliness.

it could be even better than it is if they added some additional items that I have requested.

PracticePanther Legal Software

Cost and ease of use.

cost and ease of use
Christi

Easy Billing and Time Tracking

Bewertet am 14.11.2023

I like it and it makes my life so much easier!

I like it and it makes my life so much easier!

MyCase is easy to access and always accessible. It it easy to find the prompts in the system to enter new information and it is really easy to track down information on each of the cases like time billed, what the expenses are. I like that it is flexible in when you do something, it is easy to see how it connects to other data screens in the system.

There are three main things that I dislike:
1. I wish that when you start typing a party in the search box and they have several matters that cascade down for you to pick from, I wish you could hover over the different options and the entire case title would pop up. I often have to refer to a hard copy cheat sheet because I'm not always sure which matter I am selecting, so I am forced to have to reference a log that has our matter number referenced at the beginning of the case.
2. In reports, I wish you could run a report for true past due balances (that consisted of jobs that had balance forwards only). Right now, our invoices are set up as "Due Upon Receipt". But they are immediately categorized a past due in all the reports. If I pull an aging report after I batch out the invoices, it includes ALL of my invoices because of our payment terms. I can't, or I haven't figured out yet, how to pull a report that just reflects my jobs with 'balance forwards' which are the real past dues. I wish there were more options and simplicity overall in customizing reports with that data we are entering.
3. When entering time, I wish you could default the type of activity. 99% of the time, I am entering 'Services'. I have that I have to type S or scroll down to get to it on every entry. That's annoying.