Mailchimp Transactional Email Erfahrungen

Uwe
  • Branche: Alternative Medizin

Dies ist eine professionelle Software

Bewertet am 13.1.2023

Mir gefällt es, wie einfach wir Marketing-E-Mails mit benutzerdefinierten Mailinglisten machen und verwalten konnten, und diese Software hilft uns, mit unseren Kunden in Kontakt zu treten und unseren Produktverkauf zu verbessern.

Für uns keine Nachteile, wir können genau das machen was wir brauchen

Wiebke
  • Branche: Alternative Medizin

Eingeschränkte Funktionen, schlechter Kundenservice

Bewertet am 13.11.2020

Leider nicht zu empfehlen, da weder das Tool überzeugt, noch ein guter Support geleistet wird. Beides ist für ein so wichtiges Thema wie transactional emails leider unerlässlich.

- einfaches Monitoring der täglichen send outs
- Anbindung an Mailchimp

- schlechte Analyseoptionen
- OR und CR werden nur 30 Tage gespeichert
- Kundenservice nur per Mail erreichbar; reagiert nur sehr langsam, selbst bei absolut zeitkritischen Themen; CS sitzt in den USA und beginnt Arbeit erst 13 Uhr deutscher Zeit
- keine optimale Usability
- Suchfunktion funktioniert nicht immer
- Tracking funktioniert nicht problemlos
- IP Pool wird nicht optimal überwacht, bei shared IP kam es allein dieses Mal zwei Mal zu deliverability Problemen

Soham
Soham
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

One of the most efficient CRM for mailing!

Bewertet am 5.5.2022

What is not to like about this software. All the way from creating highly customizable emails to having versatility with viewing and analyzing customer bases, Mailchimp is one of the best on the market right now.

Seemless integrations with websites and marketing flows. The sleek design and functionality makes it possible to link websites and this CRM.

Integrations with zapier and mailchimp can do wonders.

The price tier is a little on the higher end, and for obtaining some features, the user has to pay large amounts. The pricing plan could be more flexible.

HubSpot Marketing Hub und Brevo

Great onboarding processes.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Great for email marketing campaigns for small business

Bewertet am 9.5.2021

Mailchimp is probably one of the best ways to get started with your email campaigns. The free version is a great way to try it out and start building your base. I'll be upgrading to a paid plan soon so I can take advantage of more automations.
Thanks to the free plan, I've been able to see how useful it can be and get started with very little risk.

It is easy to setup your basic email campaigns to help get your email marketing started for your small business. The templates help you get all the information you need and generally it is a step by step process.

If you want to get into any real detailed marketing, you'll need to know what you're doing. While they do have good documentation, you'll need to dig in or hire a professional to handle it for you. The Customer Journey is a new addition that is really nice, but not 100% reliable yet. We’ve had to revert to regular campaigns a few times due to Journey failures. That said, Mailchimp support was very helpful and determined to work with their developers to create long term fixes.

ActiveCampaign

Warum Mailchimp Transactional Email gewählt wurde

SumoMe was a bit clunky and I didn't feel like it was working all the time.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Sumo

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Mailchimp Transactional Email

The pricing is the only reason I didn't start with ActiveCampaign. Once my list really starts to grow, I will likely consider moving to get more powerful features. I just don't need them yet.
Patrick
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

MailChimp and their compliance algorithm Omnivore

Bewertet am 8.7.2021

I used MailChimp multiple times a week and worked very hard to get around the issues I was presented with.

MailChimp is great for designing emails. They have templates, easy to use drag and drop UI, and a decent studio you can store things like headshots.

MailChimp did not allow me to email our members. Their algorithm for GDPR compliance, omnivore, told me my list was stale and would not allow me to email to said list. The problem is this list is comprised of paying members who rely on me organization to email them.

I contacted their customer support and they told me there was nothing I could do outside of asking each and every individual to resubscribe. I told them I have signed contracts that give me permission to email these individuals. MailChimp told me that was too bad, their AI robot Omnivore was not able to be modified in any way.

I was frustrated because the value proposition for my organization is to communicate with our members. MailChimp stopped me from doing that.

Domenico
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Great solution for quick mail marketing

Bewertet am 16.12.2021

This is a professional software really well crafted, try it if it works for you you're in the right place!

I really liked how easy we could implement and manage marketing emails with custom mailing lists and this software helped us getting in touch with our customers and improved our products sales.

I just wish there was a native integration with Wordpress, many articles or products are stored in Wordpress websites and a native integration could help us avoid copy pasting content to create a newsletter: I imagine a native Drag&Drop feature where I can drag my articles / products to create a newsletter in few minutes.

MailUp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Mailchimp Transactional Email

The features and the ease of use was outstanding compared to the alternative software I've listed
Manuel
Manuel
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

A versatile tool to get started with email marketing

Bewertet am 9.6.2022

Many who want to get started with email marketing will probably end up with Mailchimp first. The tool is well known in the market and offers almost all common features at a low price, at least for a small list. It's also fairly easy to use for laypeople and will quickly find its way around. There are also many integrations, which makes it easy to get started. Whether it's newsletters, automation, segmentation, or landing pages, Mailchimp covers just about everything related to email marketing. You can integrate Mailchimp into your existing infrastructure with just a few clicks and get started, and save 4 or 5-digit implementation costs if necessary. This is especially good if you have a store: with the option to connect stores in just a few clicks, you can start setting up automated emails around the customer lifecycle in just a few minutes. You can use data such as purchase activity, purchase date, and products to send highly personalized emails.

Mailchimp is a tool that allows everyone from beginners to professionals to get started with email marketing quickly and easily. For me, however, the tool's great strength lies not in the classic newsletter, but a) in the many integrations the tool offers and b) in the marketing automation features. Regardless of whether it's a store, a website, or a webinar tool, there is a native or third-party integration for almost everything. Mailchimp is sufficient for getting started in email marketing with occasional newsletter sending and offers many features. Mailchimp is one of my preferred solutions when I want to enable teams to quickly and easily get started with email automation, especially in the B2C/e-commerce area. With robust email features and many store integrations, personalized emails related to the customer lifecycle can be set up in record time.

The tool is ideal for the use of some possible things, and the complexity ranges from simple to complicated. In some places, however, it still lacks some depth, for example, when it comes to filtering certain e-commerce data.

Joshua
Joshua
  • Branche: Möbel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

An excellent, if costly, transactional email service

Bewertet am 6.12.2018

We were experiencing spikes in bounce and spam rates with AWS's SES. We were able to switch to Mandrill in a single day and immediately saw dramatic improvement. As necessary, we later built out support for bulk sends and black list checking and scrubbing. All in all it was an easy process and a good product.

Mandrill provides a simple and well documented API and has libraries and integrations available for many major web frameworks and languages. Making use of it for simple email sends is a fast and easy process, and it provides additional functionality for black lists, white lists, bulk sends, static IPs, etc. Their dashboard makes it extremely simple to see all the emails sent to a given address along with full content and reasons why sends failed or were delayed, which is a great for debugging and testing. They also provide analytics and send, receive, open, click, and bounce rates.

The service used to be much cheaper, but costs went up sharply when it was reabsorbed back into Mailchimp. Still an excellent service, but harder to recommend without reservation.

Dan
Dan

Cost effective transactional email

Bewertet am 22.3.2018

A transactional email server is setup within minutes and available for you to send out content to your distribution list.

The application provides

- Graphs to show how many emails you're sending each day
- What countries your sending the emails to
- Open rates
- Mail clients used (useful to optimise content)
- Spam rates/unsubscribe rates
- Great delivery rates

Very cost effective.

A couple of years ago, Mandrill made it a requirement for you to have a Mailchimp subscription in order to use Mandrill. It would have been better in my opinion to keep the two applications independent, just like Sendgrid.

Whilst it doesn't make the cost materially more expensive, it does mean that you have to log into Mandrill via Mailchimp which is annoying.

Dylan
Dylan

Perfect client for managing and sending transactional emails

Bewertet am 17.5.2018

It allows us to maintain perfect email delivery for all our companies' transactional emails and easily troubleshoot instances where emails were not delivered.

This application is an addon of MailChimp and is best suited for transactional emails (automated emails, think 'forgot my password' type emails). It allows you to easily manage your sending domains , although you have to verify these before you can send emails. The best feature by far is the ability to view all emails that were sent or failed to arrive, including the contents of the emails and the reason it bounced. This allows us to quickly troubleshoot whenever we get a support ticket regarding an email that did not arrive.

During our 6 months of using this feature, there has been zero downtime.

It is more expensive than some competitors, but its pricing model is very fair and easy to interpret. It does require you to have at least a monthly subscription with Mailchimp, and if you are not using this it is more expensive.

Kevin
Kevin
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great functionality for Mandrill Users

Bewertet am 29.4.2022

I was a little skeptical when first implementing the Mailchimp Transactional API in my Laravel project, but it was fairly simple, and setting up templates (using handlebar parameters), was easy and gave a good result. There seems to be some low hanging fruit as far as allowing the use of templates inside of templates.

Implementing a templating system outside of a project was very easy, and has freed up my servers from the constant building and sending full emails. Managing the templates outside of source control has allowed non-developers to make changes/edits without codebase access/knowledge of project structure. Utilizing subaccounts has been a game changer for us as well.

I wish the templates could be organized into directories instead of just listing them all in one place. It would also be nice if you could include templates inside other templates to help with stuff like consistent headers/footers across emails. It doesn't matter much if you only deal with a few templates, but I've needed to create about 20 separate templates in the last couple months, and most of those are sharing either headers/footers with many others. When the day comes that I need to update the header, it will take much longer to update each template individually.

Goodness
Goodness
  • Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Email Management Made Easy

Bewertet am 9.4.2022

My Overall experience with this software have been really good, they have been able to gain my trust over time. I started with the free plan before migrating to the paid plan and while using the free plan they helped me solve one problem, which is building a landing page that direct my audience to drop their email. Through this emails I get to inform my audience about a new article and i could also keep track of emails.
The paid plan gave me access to landing page templates and email templates too, that relief me the stress of creating one from the scratch and a lot other benefits.

Mailchimp helps me to keep track of emails that have signed up to receive newsletter whenever i upload a new content in my Blog and have also helped me manage the emails and even categorize them for different purposes

They offer great services no doubt but I really things their user interface need more work.

Christine

Keeping in touch with MailChimp

Bewertet am 5.5.2021

We use MailChimp for our monthly newsletter (moved to MailChimp from a yearly printed letter) and occasional updates to our full support base. It has allowed us to get information out in a brand-conscious, nicely formatted fashion. We only use it for mass emails, it does not solve acknowledgement processing other one-constituent email transactions.

Simple yet fairly powerful editing tools for email building (drag and drop blocks) but still have the ability to tweak some HTML if needed (Some occasional glitches when adding images to text blocks.) Mostly consistent look across email clients (gmail can cause issues). Decent analytical information on opens, click rate, and other activity. AB testing support (although we have not used it.) Integration with CRM system (currently using NEON), although unsubscribes and bounces are not returned to CRM. Freemium plan was well worth it! We've been paid customers for several years now and find the price a little high as we gain users (small nonprofit), but still within budget. Ability to schedule emails helps (for those of us who work late at night but don't want to send a blast at midnight!)

Need more free templates or better ability to make changes to templates. Some limitations on layout design options. Emails go to "Promotions" folder, particularly for gmail users (although hard to avoid), so cannot guarantee receipt. Recent changes to interface have taken lots of time to get used to and do not seem to be an improvement.

Prem
Prem
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

MailChimp is fantastic, but it has some drawbacks!

Bewertet am 12.6.2022

Mailchimp is used by us to build email lists for our clients, segment and target audiences based on business needs, design customised email templates based on our branding, and manage various email campaigns. We saw the results we wanted to see after implementing Mailchimp, but never did due to a lack of knowledge and such software. It has aided us in meeting our marketing and sales objectives.

When I send emails to my clients, I like that I can get free read receipts. It ensures that they are doing so. Other programmes may require you to pay an additional fee for read receipts. The interface is simple to use.

I occasionally receive false notifications that my clients have opened emails when, in fact, they have not opened the emails, as I have confirmed with them. It would be fantastic if we could streamline that to make it more uniform.

Brevo

Zuvor genutzte Software

GMass
Victoria
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Great for Transactional Emails

Bewertet am 17.5.2022

This tool provides an easy-to-use interface and great deliverability. Now, we can easily update our email templates online using templates built into the system. Mailchimp has also allowed us to set up our accounts and other preferences, and help with compliance. Their web app also keeps us updated on how things are going.

Email notifications are vital to us as they enable our customers to know about our products and services. Mailchimp provides us easy access to email delivery services without having to worry about downtime or broken links. This tool has really been a lifesaver!

If you are not a technical person, then you may have a problem getting started. Other than that, everything works great.

• Branche: Kunst & Handwerk
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great as a starting point

Bewertet am 30.11.2022

For folks starting out I think Mailchimp is a great app for email marketing. If you are okay with paying more as your list grows, then Mailchimp will work okay for you. But if you rather pay a flat fee, or would not want to transition to another email marketing programs months from now, it may be worth finding an alternative with a flat fee or something more in line with your short term and long term needs.

Mailchimp can be a great starting point for folks looking for a free email marketing program. I was able to send emails to my small list of subscribers for a few years, without needing to upgrade to meet my basic email needs. Its array of templates also allowed me to present the right information to the right audience. By duplicating campaigns and making tweaks as needed I was also able to save lots of time.

Although Mailchimp is accessible and a great starting place, as your list grows it becomes pricier and loses some of it's draw. The templates can also be a bit clunky to manage, and I often found myself screaming at the editor because a paragraph wouldn't look like the rest for whatever odd reason.

Albertus
  • Branche: Musik
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Mailchimp, a well-known email marketing solution

Bewertet am 12.1.2023

All things considered, Mailchimp is a well-liked and commonly used email marketing tool that provides a number of capabilities for setting up and managing email campaigns. Although it might not be the greatest option for everyone, Mailchimp can be a helpful tool for companies and individuals searching for an email marketing solution.

The platform's overall design language has been carefully considered, and the layout and templates are exceptionally user-friendly. I particularly value the platform's delivery of data and analytics, which are transparent and simple to understand. I can quickly assess how well an email campaign performed without any hassle.

Email campaigns may not be as effective as they may be due to deliverability concerns with emails sent through Mailchimp. Compared to other email marketing solutions, I thought the personalization choices were either limited or not as sophisticated. Additionally, I've run into bugs or other technical problems with Mailchimp.

• Branche: Druck
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Trustworthy tool for delivering emails to your customers

Bewertet am 14.7.2018

Works well, haven't experienced any problems. Has an online GUI where you can easily find emails that were sent, easy to see blacklisted emails. Has a nice statistics page to see how your emails are doing overall. We've been delivering millions of emails in past year without a problem.

The PHP SDK I used was kinda outdated and it had little options to change the behaviour without manually changing the source. They should update the library to standards that are more current.

GUI where you can view emails, etc. sometimes is a but slow. The search filters could use a face-lift.

Monisha
  • Branche: Internet
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Checks and balances to make sure automatically generated emails run properly

Bewertet am 24.6.2020

Great safeguard to make sure customers are interacting with outreach and troubleshoot problems that arise.

As a SaaS company, we have customers that use our product and depend on automated emails to get information about their account on a daily or weekly basis. Mailchimp allows us to quickly flag whenever something has gone wrong in our system due to abnormal spikes / lapses in emails sent. It also allows our Customer facing team to see how clients are interacting with automated emails (opens, clicks, etc.) with the helpful ability to resend emails that were missed or accidentally deleted.

The interface can be laggy to load, and not super intuitive how everything is laid out. Overall minor UX improvements could make a big difference between using this tool occasionally to troubleshoot issues, vs. using it more regularly to get proactive insights and reporting.

Jorge
Jorge
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Amazing transactional email relay

Bewertet am 13.3.2019

We've been using Mandrill as our email relay of choice for all our applications and APIs, and it has been working great in every aspect.

Very fast delivery with exceptional delivery rates;
Does a great job keeping reputation high;
Very nice dashboards and reporting;
Ability to segregate into sub-accounts;
Very easy to integrate with MTA's and API clients;
Great documentation;

Domain validation could be made simpler;
Roles and permissions should be more flexible;
Once Mandrill got integrated with Mailchimp the pricing model became less attractive;

Alex
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Mailchimp is Perfect for New Businesses

Bewertet am 29.11.2022

MailChimp Transactional Email offers an accessible and intuitive platform for creating and sending email campaigns. With an easy-to-use interface and a straightforward integration process, it is the simplest email software I have ever encountered. The most remarkable aspect is that it can be used for free, with no cost for users with a small subscriber base.

I hope there would be a more seamless integration between WordPress and other platforms. It would be incredibly helpful if there was a better connection between the two, so that we wouldn't have to manually transfer articles and products from WordPress to create a newsletter.

Constant Contact
Umang
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great for personalized emails

Bewertet am 13.10.2020

Mentioned earlier - Mandrill is great to get a high level of reaction via emails. The developers set up customized scripts to send out relevant content to our customers and partners so they are always in the loop.

Transactional Emails is really necessary in today's world, we get a much better open rate and much better interaction when we use this system rather than a simple mass email message. Totally recommend this set up, and it has the the facilities to set up everything pretty easily.

The API documentation is robust, and their service uptime is great, it does what is advertised.

The fact that I need to have a mailchimp paid account and to get into Mandrill through Mailchimp is a little weird, but it's minor in the grand scheme of things. I don't use Mailchimp, our marketing department uses an alternative, but our developers use Mandrill.

Falguni
  • Branche: Konsumgüter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great email marketing platform for all your marketing needs

Bewertet am 2.8.2022

The ability to create various templates that work for most emails. You can also change as needed very easily. The ability to maintain various email lists as well.

Sometimes the audience list can get tricky but it gets better with practice

Tad
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Not What It Used To Be

Bewertet am 16.4.2022

Very poor experience from attempted set up of agency account to connect clients accounts. Unable to set up and attampts to use support were greeted by rude operators that put forth no effort to help.

Brand and Name recognition led us to wrongfully expect a brand leading caliber product.

Expected a functional product from a brand leader like mailchimp. Could not even set up a connected agency account and support was not only unhelpful but rude.

HubSpot Marketing Hub und Brevo

Warum Mailchimp Transactional Email gewählt wurde

when researching other alternatives a salesperson chatted us and actually handled the entire set up on the spot.

brand recognition
Maggie

Great for nonprofts

Bewertet am 14.2.2023

Love my experience with transactional email and the automatic replies I can set up.

I love that Mailchimp is so easy to use. I am a one person team so I need something thats intuitive and easy to use. I can figure this all out on my own with no experience. I love it.

My only con is that there is not enough pre loaded email templates for me to use. However, I really do not have a lot of complaints about this software.