Clio

Sven
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Nicht empfehlenswert

Bewertet am 3.3.2024

Die Software ist ganz okay, aber für den deutschen Markt nicht geeignet.

Die Software ist ganz okay, aber für den deutschen Markt nicht geeignet.

Ich habe Clio getestet. Clio Grow darf man nur testen, wenn man vorher ein Test Abonnement kostenpflichtig abschließt. Es hat mir nicht zugesagt. Es ist praktisch unmöglich, das Produkt zu kündigen. Die buchen einfach weiter von der Kreditkarte ab, also Vorsicht! Das ist eine Falle.

Betrügerische Abo Abzug Falle. Es gibt keine Möglichkeit, dass einmal abgeschlossene Abonnement zu kündigen. Faxnummer ist nicht angegeben. Meine E-Mails wurden zwar bestätigt, trotzdem wird weiter abgebucht.

J.P.
J.P.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Clio is the best option for a solo or small firm law practice

Bewertet am 4.11.2019

After 3 years, I am still working at discarding habits and practices built up over 25 years as a practicing attorney to better incorporate Clio's feature into my daily work flow. One of Clio's driving philosophy's is to make lawyers more productive with their time, and make lawyers services more accessible to persons that need legal advice. Clio's focus on providing multiple access points, including mobile apps designed from the ground up with these two goals in mind, will pay off for both Clio and my practice in the long run.

The Clio platform is not intended to be a closed, proprietary system. Instead, it forms the foundation for the day to day management of leads, clients, time, documents, and billing, supplemented by almost 200 third party integrations, with new offerings coming on line each month. Clio offers unlimited cloud storage and IOS/Android apps making all of your firm information, clients, and documents available 24/7. Clio continues to innovate and as the leading provider to small/medium law firms throughout the world, I don't worry about whether they will be in business a few years from now. Finally, all, yes all, of your data saved in Clio is easily exportable should you decide to change to a different vendor.

Clio's growth means that feature changes must be more fully vetted as they are used by more than 150,000 legal professionals. As they broaden their perspective to encompass larger firms, the pace of change may continue to be more deliberate. The movement and management of files without a third party integration, such as FasterLaw, is cumbersome. Clio's own integrations with Office365 for emails and calendaring remain a work in progress.

CosmoLex und Rocket Matter

Warum Clio gewählt wurde

At the time I decided to look at alternatives, in 2017, the product was getting worse, not better.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clio

Largest user base and least likely to get assimilated or go out of business, forcing another vendor change.
Galen

Couldn't Live Without Clio Manage and Clio Grow

Bewertet am 12.12.2023

Excellent. I highly recommend Clio and it is worth the cost. I also appreciate the ongoing CLE opportunities, some of which are free.

Clio helped me hit the ground running when I opened my solo practice. Nearly every feature is user intuitive, and I have already been delighted to see Clio continue to upgrade its services in the two years I have used them. I couldn't survive (i.e. stay organized) without all of its features, billing, document e-signature service, and access to its partner, Proof for service of process.

Initially I was disappointed that Clio Grow and Clio Manage didn't "talk" to one another. I love Clio Grow to keep track of leads and potential clients, and I like the ability to transfer a file over to Clio Manage. I didn't like that they weren't truly in sync. However, Clio has worked to solve that pet peeve and is continuing to make improvements.

Warum Clio gewählt wurde

No access to government system when opened own practice

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clio

I was impressed by their sales presentation, the ability to track payments in the trust account and operating account, and it was highly recommended by a colleague I trust. She was not wrong. When another colleague opened her practice next door, I recommended Clio and she also loves it.
Kathy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

You cannot rely on anything that employees of Clio tell you to be true.

Bewertet am 20.1.2023

Onboarding was a nightmare, with technical glitches that caused hours and hours of additional work and clean up. Syncing our contacts resulted in the destruction of our already used and curated list. Misrepresentations were made by salespeople as to what the software was capable of doing. As a result of all of that, we were made reasonable promises, in writing, as a condition of our not quitting Clio right then, and cutting our losses and time. Now, the first time a change has come up where that promise needs to be implemented, we were told it would not be honored. This resulted in many more hours of back and forth with "customer service". We have wasted two years of integrating our firm with this company, which we now have to undo to go to another service, costing us untold more hours of work. If they had not offered these promises, we would have left Clio during the onboarding process. Although we would not have been happy with our experience with Clio, we wouldn't have felt as strongly about not doing business with this company. Now, we have no option but to leave this service, because we cannot continue to do business with a company that places such little value on their clients and on the promises that they admit were made.

I have nothing positive to say about Clio at this time. Integrating our firm into their software was a major learning experience, which will guide me with the next software I choose.

The items added in the time that we have been with Clio have caused no improvement to our use of the product, although they use these additions as an excuse for raising their prices significantly. The "client portal" that they added does not even allow you to see if clients have viewed documents, which their old version did. Their new payment system only adds to their profits, so why would they utilize that as an excuse to pass on additional costs to their clients?

Rocket Matter und CARET Legal

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clio

Even though Clio was more expensive than our other final possible choices, we were made representations about what this software could do that exceeded the other offerings in assistance with our needs. However, once we started with Clio, we were immediately told that some of those representations were not functions of Clio at all.

Hi Kathy,
I'm very sorry to hear that about your experience with Clio. A member of our team is contacting you directly with you to work through these challenges
Kind Regards,
Jessica

Allison

Clio Manager

Bewertet am 15.2.2024

Overall Clio is great for a firm who have large cases, and need a program that is a one-stop shop.

Overall Clio works well, it is a very efficient online management software for PI cases. I like the fact that it is compatible with YoCierge( a medical record retrieval company) which makes case management flow easily.

The only problem I have with Clio is the facts how it process the expenses for each case.

Sana

Clio Review

Bewertet am 12.12.2023

Very positive and I would highly recommend. I use Grow and Manage and would never change to anything else now because these platforms are customisable, easy to use and very comprehensive. I have previously used other platforms and systems but Clio is by far the best on ever my level. Customer support and service is also great.

It’s easy to use and covers everything I need it to do. From letter/document creation to billing and invoices. Everything is centralised in one place for accurate record and ease of access.

It’s very time intensive to set up all the features in the manner you need the system to function to align with your business and there’s not really a guided process for this which would be helpful as some of the set up features can be tricky. It would be helpful to be assigned someone when you first sign up and for them to help you actually set things up the way you need them to be. I also can’t link my emails to Clio as my email:outlook was purchased through a third part (Go Daddy) but I was not aware this was going to be a problem so it would have been helpful if that that was clarified from the outset when I first spoke to Clio so I would have known.

Actionstep

Warum Clio gewählt wurde

LEAP had terrible customer service and although I had used them previously when I was employed, using them now as a firm manager, the customer relations and care was horrendous. Once they have you signed up they couldn’t care less about you and it was a nightmare dealing with them.

LEAP

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clio

Clio was practicle, affordable and comprehensive. It has everything I need for my firm currently as a start up business as has the ability to grow as my business grows with all the in built features.
Markell

Easy Peasy

Bewertet am 12.12.2023

We really have benefitted from our switch to Clio: we are able to track files better, share calendars better, and invoices don't get forgotten anymore.

We love the invoicing the most - we are sure we have re-captured getting paid for many files we used to not be able to track and get paid for. Now we can send an invoice online and get paid online too. Making a bill is quick and easy, and our staff even thinks fun!

We were considering moving our document storage to Clio, but we couldn't preset files with our folder organization system and it seemed more difficult to attach files to emails, so we didn't end up doing this. Also, when sending an email from Clio, I would prefer that it auto-saves it to the Clio file.

Warum Clio gewählt wurde

Amicus was "clunky" - it was not cloud based, didn't connect with our cell phones (so we couldn't see our calendar), and document management and billing was not easy.

Amicus Attorney

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clio

The look of the software was very clean and we loved the ability to code different types of events on our calendar by color, that is how we organize our files. It was intuitive and easy to use, while not offering an overwhelming number of services we didn't need.
Ana

Clio for Small Law Firm

Bewertet am 23.1.2024

It’s great to have everything all in one software

I wish they had a better way to communicate with clients within the software where the client can see all of the different matters and all of the real time status of billing and paperwork

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clio

Clio just had more features all in one software
Lori

I highly recommend

Bewertet am 23.1.2024

Clio has saved me a lot of time and frustration. I highly recommend it to my colleagues.

Everything is all in one place. A matter can be managed completely within Clio.

The ineffectiveness of the Reports feature.

Leeza

Attorney review

Bewertet am 9.1.2024

Great for organization, and case management and keeping notes

Great for organization, and case management and keeping notes

User friendly. Can basically teach yourself how to use it.

Hard to save documents onto it. I still use the CLIO drive on my desktop

Tracie

Phenomenal customer service

Bewertet am 10.1.2024

The sales representative was awesome and knowledgeable. The online customer help is top notch. They are always willing to jump onto a zoom and share screen to see exactly where I am having issues or need more clarification on how to work a process.

I had to wait about 3 weeks to get into my training. With that being said, the customer service help was excellent and allowed us to get our bills done and out prior to training.

Tami

Clio in our law firm

Bewertet am 22.7.2019

Our greatest benefit to date was when we added the payment links to our invoices and the speed we are now getting paid by clients. They love the online ability to pay for their bill and we love the speed it's processed in. The ease that the monthly billing process has become has also freed up a tremendous amount of time for staff.

The Clio platform was very easy to implement with our firm's daily usage. The onboarding process was smooth and the learning and transition for staff were easy. The software is meeting our firm's needs on a daily basis. I also appreciate that they listen to suggestions and continue to improve and add features throughout the year. Clio has allowed our monthly billing process to go from a day-long process to an hour process.

Some of the reporting features need to be fine-tuned or added to. My biggest pet peeve is the limit of 50 items to a page, so you update to 200 but it defaults back to 50 every time you move around between pages.

Antwort von Clio

Thank you for the feedback, Tami! We've submitted your reporting recommendation to the Product Team for review. They will be sure to reach out if they require further context.

Nicole

Clio Review

Bewertet am 8.8.2019

Our overall experience with Clio has been fantastic!! The benefit of having all our information (contacts, notes, calendar, documents, etc.) in one program is huge for us as we often end up having to access this information outside of the office. The continued updates that Clio has made since we first began using it several years ago have all been excellent as well.

The software is easy to use and understand. The transition to Clio from our previous system was relatively seamless and the customer service is fantastic. I like that we can share documents with our clients and are able to see what date and time a client viewed each document. It is also extremely convenient to have our documents stored in Clio so that they can be viewed when we are not physically in the office.

It would be nice if you could integrate notes from a contact directly into a new matter as you are opening one. Currently, I have to copy and paste each note from the contact into the matter notes. Also, when I put in messages for Mr. Chefalo on people he needs to call back I make a task for him. When he views the tasks on his cell phone, it would be nice if he could simple tap on the phone number in the task and have it directly call the number as opposed to him having to type the number in on his cell phone to make the call. Finally, a client suggested that it would be nice if he had the option to opt in to receiving text messages from Clio any time we share a document with him or generate a bill on his matter.

Rosalinda

Very easy to use

Bewertet am 29.8.2019

It makes part of my job easier.
1.Attorneys are much more comfortable going into Clio by...

It makes part of my job easier.
1.Attorneys are much more comfortable going into Clio by themselves to enter their time or find information/reports instead of having to wait and rely on me to do it.
2.It's much easier and faster to quickly generate reports that split Time (by keeper) and Expenses.
3.Monthly billing goes by much smoother, invoices go out faster, payments are received much faster than if by mail. Attorney's are happier. : )
4.Clients like to be able to receive email with link to process payments online.

Time entries can be imported by batch. Trust Requests and Bills can be emailed w/payment link directly from Clio. Past Due Bills can be "shared" with a coupled clicks versus printing out and mailing or using another app to email it.

1. When looking at a past due bill (and additional bills have been issued and remain unpaid for that same matter) the Outstanding Balance on the Statement of Account section will update and include the balance due for that matter as of the current date + any open Trust Replenishment requests instead of the balance due for that invoice + the balance due of all invoices issued previously to that one.
2. Evergreen Retainers - I keep getting calls from clients saying they can't view the "Shared" invoice when I have applied Trust funds that covered the whole balance. They can see the Trust Request to replenish funds used/applied to an invoice, but they can't see the actual invoice and review what was billed. I have to print the invoice to PDF and go to my email app and send from there.
3. I would like to see a report that shows that various billing rates per timekeeper for each client/matter.

Richard

Best Decision I made was to make the switch

Bewertet am 13.12.2019

Easier to manage all aspects of a case with CLIO

Easier to manage all aspects of a case with CLIO

Easy to use, customer support is awesome, helpful tutorial videos and great client experience. I have received multiple compliments on the style and ease of paying on-line.

It was not syncing with QuickBooks when posting to CLIO but that may have been addressed recently. I need to check with my bookkeeper.

Rocket Matter

Warum Clio gewählt wurde

Constant issues from an IT stand point. Not as user friendly

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clio

I asked around and even had CLIO provide me with a referral in my area of practice so I could see how they liked it and if there were any issues. I confirmed CLIO was a solid company and would be around. The Florida Bar indorsement was also key.
Lori
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

One of the first users of Clio and still give five stars.

Bewertet am 15.11.2022

Overall experience has been fantastic, and I have no intentions of ever-changing software. I will retire using Clio. Clio, along with Clio Grow, has enabled us to develop a smooth process for evaluating potential new clients using an intake questionnaire and customizing a pipeline.

It's too difficult to describe what is best, I could not manage my practice without this software. It is incredibly user friendly and easy to learn. I use pretty much all aspects of the software on a daily basis and have been using it for more than 10 years. My practice has grown from just one attorney, me, to now four along with paralegals and clerks. Clio has made the growth seamless.

I don't have any complaints whatsoever. The software has been essential to my practice in all ways.

Time Tracker, CANVAS, Rocket Matter und Google Calendar

Warum Clio gewählt wurde

I used these at other firms. When I opened up my own practice I chose to use Clio.

Time Tracker und Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clio

Price, options, versatility, tech support.
Carter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

First class tech with even more fist class people behind the scenes

Bewertet am 24.2.2023

Highly recommend it like anything it's only as good as the data the users put into it and quite pleased in its reliability.

Clio is always adapting to improve and take feature requests into consideration while balancing innovation with consistency of interface and only incremental changes so as to not frustrate the user experience with too many changes all the ones. Beyond the tech, right from the beginning many years ago Clio stood out in customer service in terms of being very responsive, striving to find a solution to every problem where available, and being straight up in simply admitting that they don't have certain features developed yet and it's not available rather than trying to do a sales job or sugarcoat the fact that there will always be limitations in software meeting everyone's different needs perfectly. It's a very stable platform, secure, and the developers are even aware to do any sort of systemwide updates during times of low usage.

Maybe not so much a specific Clio issue, but rather mostly us as a user limited capacity challenge, there are many integrations and improvements which we could be adapting into our system but have just become stalled in locking the bandwidth. Quarterly or semiannually review (soft audit) of how each business such as ours is using the software would be beneficial with a systems person from Clio providing a couple recommendations of next steps that our group could take that would have a significant impact on better utilizing the tools.

Leah
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I highly recommend Clio to any practice

Bewertet am 30.5.2023

I have been very happy with Clio. I think it really streamlines everything. I am particularly happy with the billing and invoicing features.

I like the ease of use. We were able to switch over seamlessly with no issues. We were ready to go on day one of launch. It is intuitive and easy to use. We used our previous software for 20 or more years and we were able to switch over with no issues. Everyone in our practice has been able to transition with no issues.

The only issue I have with Clio is when using it with Quickbooks, when you create a check in Quickbooks with multiple matters on the payment it ports it over as one expense and you have to then separate it out into the different expenses for each file. It creates a situation where you have to put the entries in twice. I think this is a Quickbooks issue more than a Clio issue, however the problems remains that same.

Amicus Attorney und LEAP

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clio

We were being forced to switch from PCLaw and Amicus because they were no longer going to be supporting each other with updates. There were some issues with LEAP's software and the way that we handle practice management that would not have worked for our firm.
Amber

Simple, flexible and user-friendly

Bewertet am 24.6.2016

Right from the outset I have found the support at Clio to be fantastically helpful. It's a big decision working out which product is right for your particular business. Clio, as you expect from most companies in the beginning, were great at informing us what Clio could do and answering our initial questions. However, what I am really impressed about it the continued support from Clio. It does not matter who you speak to, they are friendly, knowledgeable and will do all they can to help you. And if they don't know, which is rare, they will find out and get back to you. And they do get back to you! Plus every phone call is followed up with an email. With regard to the product itself, it is pretty easy to use. Most things are quite logical and therefore you can work it out fairly simply. I am of the view that no product is perfect as every business will have different requirements. In the case of Clio, there are a few very minor things we would like to see available. Clio are continuously developing and improving the product and, I think, everything we have enquired about that is not already a function of Clio, is in the pipeline. However, it is still great for us as it is but we always strive for perfection!

I love the simplicity and flexibility of Clio. It is very user friendly and the way it looks is very neat. It does not take long to work out exactly what you are looking at and what it all means. For me personally, I do a lot of billing and compared with a previous software package, Clio has saved me a lot of time and it's really easy to keep track of where you are as it automatically incorporates a workflow. Also, setting up new cases is easy and flexible. You are easily able to incorporate your own requirements and information.

This is quite specific but for us, the biggest drawback is not being able to present the invoice in exactly the way we want (i.e. a front cover summary of figures without the time description wording). There is a lot of flexibility on the invoices which is great but the one thing we can't do is take the wording away from the first page. Our company like to keep the first page of the invoice very simple and clear and then have the narrative on the following pages. We understand, however, that this is being developed by Clio and should be rolled out some time in the next couple of months or so.

Steven

Very Satisfied

Bewertet am 16.9.2019

Very satisfied; excellent product.

Very satisfied; excellent product.

Easy to use -- calendaring, opening new matters, time entries, notes, billing. I like the interface, the way it looks. Program includes trust accounting. Can include/integrate credit card billing as an option which I did, and works well. Have used Law Pay for a while and it integrates through Clio. Send out invoices through Clio, client can click on button to make credit card payment, and have option to have program automatically apply to open invoices when payment comes in -- get email notifications of payments. Very satisfied with the program -- does what I need and enjoy using.

I don't think it's a negative factor, but don't use the mobile app much, for whatever that means. Tend to just check my iphone calendar (I use Office 365 to integrate, other options also I think like Google to integrate -- Clio integrates with Office 365 and iphone calendar will show Office and Google calendar events). There is a new beta version of the mobile app available for use that looked at today and I like -- I could see using that to make entries if I need while out of the office, but usually just do all of that at my computer in the office.

Sue

Clio's billing system

Bewertet am 15.11.2019

Overall, our experience with Clio's billing system has been positive - everyone likes the time entry. We are glad we went to Clio, its so much better than that other program we had been using.

We got Clio specifically for its billing program. Its great that everyone can enter their own time into Clio. I like how Clio does “macros” [they call them “text snippets”]. They work without having to use a code key.

The software is easy to use – for someone like me who is not a bookkeeper and hasn’t done a lot of billing before, it takes a little while to learn how to use it correctly, but once you know how things work, it’s a breeze. The very best thing about Clio, though, is its support staff! They are all great – it doesn’t matter who I’ve talked to they are all quick at getting to the root of my problem and showing me how to fix it. I have called other companies asking questions about their software and sometimes you just don’t believe what they tell you. It has never been that way with Clio – every one of their support staff is very knowledgeable and can quickly set you straight!

Also, Clio is open to suggestions from us and when they get a certain amount of inquiries asking if “they could change this or that”, they will work on it. We have been using Clio for 2 years next month and there are a couple of things they have implemented that we had requested, which is really cool!

Spell checking in the billing software is not what it could be – it does have the little red underlines if it thinks something is misspelled [like Word], which apparently is easy for some people to ignore. It would be better if Clio had its own dictionary and didn’t depend on the one in the browser. In order to do spell checks, we have to: export the time to a CSV file, spread out the column for the description, run a spell check and remember not to correct the errors there, but go back and find each entry in Clio and correct them there. It’s a little time consuming, and depending on how many typos each person makes during the month, it can be very time consuming, but its much better than reading the draft invoices word for word and finding the errors that way. It would be great if Clio could add spell checking so that it can be run in Clio without having to export and go back and forth.

The only other “con” we have with Clio’s billing system is with discounting invoices. It is very easy to discount an invoice by percentage or a dollar amount, but Clio only applies discounts on the total amount of the invoice, including client expenses, not on time spent only, so we usually put in a dollar amount so the discount comes out to the amount we want it to be , although Clio still applies that amount to the entire invoice.

Ashley

Better for new attorneys

Bewertet am 22.3.2017

If you're not used to a system, this can be made into a good system for you. There are a lot of functions missing--like being able to track time associated with flat fee activities (so you can't track productivity or if you do, you can't print out your billable hours without some discussion to the ethics board). You can track e-mails and phone calls, but not faxes, letters, or text messages. You can set tasks for others that you can update, but the update doesn't get sent to the other person. You can set pop-ups on your calendar for yourself, but not for other people. You can track the budget of a case, but not the running total of transactions or expenses. You can integrate with Quickbooks, but you have to import and export the information--the information does not flow freely between the two. The calendar has all of the same pitfalls as Google Calendar because it is Google calendar but with some functions missing. You can upload and download documents, and you must do that in order to save any changes with Clio (unless you pay for HIPAA-compliant Google Drive Professional). Your receptionist has to separately capture phone messages from your client to you because only you can have conversations. Wandering between the conversations page and the logs page means that you will always end up back in the Matters tab. If you're trying to capture a phone call with a person not in the system you have to exit the phone call and lose all of the information to enter that person before you can save the conversation to a file. It's not customizeable. There are some pros over Amicus but many features I miss (such as being able to track time directly with the phone call, including the time the call was initiated) but it has good parts about it. If you're into nitty-gritty capturing of information and you have the time to invest it can be a good platform but trying to teach established attorneys how to rework their legal practice around it is difficult.

It's online.
The timer can be stopped and started easily.

I spend about two (2) hours a day implementing workarounds to make the system work because it was not built for family law practice or file review. It's a good backup system but it's nothing very reliable unless you're willing to invest the time into making it work.

Hey Ashley,

This is all fantastic feedback and definitely provides some valuable insight into areas we can improve in order to make Clio work better for all attorneys out of the box. Any chance we could get you on a call with our product team so that they can hear your suggestions?

- Derek, Clio Community Manager

Peggy
Peggy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Cleo will solve all your law firm problems

Bewertet am 22.3.2021

My overall experience with Cleo has been fantastic and has changed how I do my daily job for the better. It has made life at work much easier and less stressful. It has allowed me to free up time that's better spent on creating documents forming businesses etc.

I loved Cleo from the moment a representative gave us an overview of the software and what it had to offer. After that demonstration I couldn't wait to try the software. I love that Cleo allows you to customize the program to your specific law firms needs. There is an enormous amount of ability to customize clients billing and matters. I've never found a software like this one before nor one that allows you so much freedom to make it your own. There are two sections to Cleo Cleo grow and Cleo manage. Cleo grow allows you to enter potential new clients and track their progress as to whether they hire the law firm get referred out or don't hire the law firm. It has saved me from keeping up with two separate spreadsheets which allows me more time to work on important tasks. Once in Cleo grow you can move a client over to Cleo manage once they hire you. Once in Cleo grow everything about your client and their case is all contained on their own individual dashboard. Within that dashboard you can store communications their documents their payment transactions emails billing their time they're expenses etc. And because of the categories you can customize I'm able to enter the important information needed for their particular case and it's no farther than one click away. I have to say the Cleo support and help section is spectacular and one of the best I've ever come across. They have a clear academy which offers training on specific things you can do in the software.

The only thing I found so far that I'm not fond of with the software is the flat rate billing. Our Law Firm wants to keep track of the time spent on a case even if it's for flat fee. I'm still trying to find a way to best show this on an invoice and after researching Cleo help section they don't seem to have a real clear method of doing it.

Natalie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Clio is great for Client Management

Bewertet am 20.1.2023

Our law firm has tried a few software companies to help us manage our clients and cases and this has been by far the bests. It is not perfect, but it is user friendly and easy for all to use (from lawyers, law clerks, paralegals, to even our admin and secretaries). We do not use the document feature. I use it to track open client matters, add notes to the case, assign tasks to support staff, calendar meetings, track time, hold contacts, and invoice. I really like that Clio constantly is updating to meet their customer's needs and is open to our suggestions on things that would make the software better. I would definitely recommend this software for law firms.

I do not like you cannot have two clients to a single matter - we have a lot of husband and wife contacts, so I wish we could connect two clients to a single matter. I use notes constantly and wish there was a way to format the notes like as a word document - highlight, make numbered outlines, add bullet points, change font size, etc.

Stacey
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Clio was the best investment I made in the early days of my law firm

Bewertet am 15.12.2023

My overall experience has been great. I was in an incubator program with other attorneys starting their own practice and, because I have Clio, I didn't have the struggles with tracking and billing that my peers had. I am glad I started using Clio when I only had a few clients because I have been able to learn as my firm has gown.

Clio makes it so easy to track of all the things that are important to me: potential clients, active clients, attorney time, billing, firm financial goals, etc. Even when my solo practice was just a side-hustle, Clio Manage more than paid for itself in time-savings and ease of use. Clio customer service has been excellent - the live help is really easily accessible for setup and problem-solving; the online articles and videos are great for on-demand help.

There is a lot of functionality in Clio that I don't use yet - there is so much that I could be doing with it, but it is hard to make time for the next new thing when I am also running a law firm. There are some add-ons that are marketed as having connectivity to/ compatibility with Clio that are redundant and don't make sense for my practice: for, example, QuickBooks will talk to Clio but the billing and tracking were redundant with what was already happening in Clio (I already billed through clio and I didn't need to do it through QB; and I can categorize spending through my actual bank accounts, so I didn't need it to do that, either). The only thing QB did that Clio didn't *already do* was deal with (part of) payroll for my one assistant (then I found out QB was incorrectly calculating my state worker comp amounts and I dumped QB and got a bookkeeper to help with my employee needs).