Cvent Event Management Erfahrungen

🚀 Katrin
🚀 Katrin

Eine sehr umfangreiche, leistungsstarke Event-Software für Profis

Bewertet am 20.10.2022

Ein Tool für die Event-Planung und Durchführung, das es in dieser Breite UND Tiefe kaum ein zweites Mal gibt.

Wer Cvents Event-Software für mehrere Veranstaltungen oder komplexe Veranstaltungen nutzt, profitiert vom mega großen Leistungsumfang unterschiedlichster Module. Von der Registrierung, über die Event-Website bis zur Online-Event-Plattform, dem Check-In, dem Reporting und vielem mehr. So kommen alle Daten aus einem Topf und können effizient innerhalb des Cvent-Systems genutzt und an andere IT-Systeme, wie CRM & Co., übergeben werden. Aber auch die Daten von Ausstellern oder Referenten lassen sich wesentlich effizienter managen. Kein Update an 100 Stellen, sondern eine zentrale Eingabe und Änderungen in Echtzeit an anderen Stellen. Z.B. im Registrierungsformular und zeitgleich auf der Event-Website.

Weil die Lösung so umfangreich ist, kann die Einarbeitung herausfordernd sein. Wer nur ein Einzelevent hat, sollte sich professionelle Unterstützung holen oder mit einer längeren Einarbeitungszeit rechnen.

Chelsea
Chelsea
  • Branche: Immobilien

Cvent Event Management Review by User of 5+ Years

Bewertet am 19.4.2021

Meetings, Board Meetings, Annual Conferences, International Symposiums, Workshops, etc.

Cvent Event management is constantly evolving with their customers at the forefront of their changes and always keeping customer needs on their mind. The customer support is amazing. There are client service specialists on-all 24/7 and they even have an option for chatting in the Support Center if you aren't able to speak over the phone. I also love the fact that the technologies are constantly changing and staying up-to-date.

I dislike the shift in focus and functionality of the new Flex event builder in comparison to Classic Events because it is less focused on advanced features and capabilities, which my team depends on, and is more focused on design and ease of use for ALL customers.

Rachel
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

TraceGains Cvent Review

Bewertet am 1.8.2019

We were trying to automate the events, emails communication as well as build a sleek, intuitive site to impress customers. We accomplished this with registration and the app. It helped cut down on back and forth communication and allowed us look professional for our attendees.

I liked that the registration site was pretty intuitive to build and it integrated seamlessly with the CrowdCompass app. The customer support is amazing too!

Some of the functionality wasn't fully implemented when we bought it, so it was unfortunate to have to work around that. Also, some of the email functions don't work on different browsers.

Bizzabo und Eventsquid

Warum Cvent Event Management gewählt wurde

Lack of functionality, pricing, poor customer service.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Cvent Event Management

Pricing, functionality, customer service, speed
Layton

Big, robust, and clunky

Bewertet am 12.12.2018

I have a love/hate relationship with Cvent. I've used several other event management tools, and can say that Cvent is the most complete of any I've tried. It is a purpose built software that serves its purpose well. However, it can be difficult to use.

There are some really nice tracking features. Unlike many other event management tools, Cvent seems to be more contact based vs. event based. This means that you can track the same people more easily through a series of events, email, and participation history. It is very robust. If you know what you are doing, you can set up an event registration with any combination of options (sessions, various attendee types and registration paths within the same event).

If you need a simple but stylish event registration, Cvent is not for you (but the price probably already told you that). They obviously recognize that the Standard registration is way to complex for the casual user and the end user interface (the person registering) looks like it was built a decade ago. To address this, Cvent has rolled out "Express" and "Flex" registration to try to simplify the process. In my opinion, these products are awful. They have tried to dumb down the software and make everything drag and drop that it is very difficult to use effectively. There is very little ability to customize the look and feel of event webpages, forms, and emails in this new system.

Hello Layton,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent. We're sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with Flex and have shared your feedback with our product team. Your feedback is invaluable as we are always looking for ways to improve our current offerings.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance.

Julie-Michelle
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

You Get What You Pay For

Bewertet am 29.3.2024

There are many options available to help you learn, including how-to guides, online trainings/certifications, user groups, and customer service. The ability to save events as templates so you do not need to reinvent the wheel (and so you can keep sites consistent) is invaluable.

The system is very robust and offers just about any capability you may want. Similar products often have limitations to what they offer so they come with a lower price tag. If you need a robust system with the capability to customize reports and data, the higher price tag is worth the cost and will save you time and stress as a result. Customer service is easy to get in touch with and work with any issue you may have. They're also quite receptive to feedback regarding functionality.

It can feel a bit daunting at first because there are so many items to learn. Some items have limits to their functionality which can get frustrating, but it's no different that similar platforms I've used over the years.

Gabriela
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung

Cvent Makes Work Easy

Bewertet am 23.9.2019

Saves our department time and money when planning our events

Saves our department time and money when planning our events

Simplicity and intuitiveness of the software

The app is not compatible with my Android device

Eventbrite

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Cvent Event Management

Cvent Event Management is a much more robust and user friendly software
Matt
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Crowd Compass is one of the best!

Bewertet am 19.7.2019

Great!

Great!

Crowd Compass is a sister company to Cvent which many of our clients use, so it's a no brainer that this a go-to event app if you're already using Cvent for registration (other)

There is a lot of options and customizations possibilities within this app, which is a good thing. However, navigating between the "container" and the "event" can become confusing and takes some time to learn how to navigate.

Stephanie
  • Branche: Vermögensverwaltung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Innovest Loves CVENT!

Bewertet am 12.12.2022

It's been amazing. I wish we had more events so we could use it more.

It's been amazing. I wish we had more events so we could use it more.

We love the ease of creating an event page. Having an attractive, effective registration website is the best way to promote our event and convert people into attending. It's so easy to set it up and manage!

I cannot think of a single thing. To be fair, though, we do not use half of the features. But the features we do use are great!

Laura
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Bewertet am 1.8.2019

Amazing!

I felt more confident after 3 months of using Cvent than in 3 years of using our previous platform. The onboarding was extremely thorough and it was a great experience for our team. Flex is a great addition to the product - super easy to use and aesthetically pleasing.

I wish CrowdCompass was a bit more customizable, but overall its still a fantastic product.

Stova und Eventbrite

Warum Cvent Event Management gewählt wurde

We found that our previous platform constantly required workarounds to accomplish our goals.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Cvent Event Management

Much more robust and the drag/drop abilities are great.
Kassandra
Kassandra
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

A Complex Platform for Complex Events

Bewertet am 29.5.2018

I love that Cvent is constantly improving. They really take feedback seriously and work hard to find solutions to your problems. We have a very complex event, and have found solutions to the vast majority of our issues, and where some solutions were a little sticky at first, updated versions and new features have consistently improved functionality. I have found the support team helpful and while our initial representative was not the greatest, I requested a new rep which was processed quickly, and he has been wonderful.

There is a bit of a learning curve, but if you require a platform that can handle an event's complexity, I believe this is to be expected. Still, there are a few items that I still don't find intuitive in the interface, but I am confident the release of Cvent Flex will address many of these issues.

Nikita
  • Branche: Pharmazeutika

Postive & user Friendly

Bewertet am 5.4.2024

I have been using Cvent since my past 2 organisations for different products.One good thing is it's user friendly, once you start exploring its simple but there should be some FAQ kind of Video simulations which might help the user incase they are stuck with a feature within a feature

Its simple & easy to use, its easily understandable

Too many features, most of them pop up even when they are not required

Lindsay
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Cven Event Management Review

Bewertet am 4.4.2019

We finally have a program where attendees can look over a webpage with all event info and register easily, so our attendee experience has definitely improved. We are also able to send auto follow up emails to all registered attendees allowing us to send registration confirmations, event reminders, cancellations, etc. which has allowed the planners to free up time to focus on executing the event itself rather than sending emails individually to each attendee. The reports also allow us to communicate registrations to our sales staff efficiently so they are aware at all times who is registered as they promote our events.

I have been using Cvent for over 2 years now and would recommend it to any company that is looking for a platform to manage events. We utilize it for event webpages, capturing attendee info, reporting, lead scoring for those that attend or participate at our events, OnArrival check in and the supplier network to source venues. There are many more functions of the program that can cater to your company needs and they continue to integrate with additional companies to help in having everything you need within 1 system. Cvent also released a new version of their program called FLEX which allows planners to design their own webages without being knowledged in HTML which has been a lifesaver!

I think because there are so many ways you can use the software, it takes a little time to figure out what exact configurations you need. It has been a trial and error in creating our events initially, but I think we are finally at a place where our team feels comfortable and confident with the platform and how we set up our events.

Megan
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Cvent has great salesmen and wine & dine customers at their annual conference

Bewertet am 14.8.2019

It once was the top-notch event management software and demanded top price. Now, they are implementing FLEX (the new "upgraded" version) to try to compete with others in the industry - they are failing at this. Most features still have not rolled out, two years in. Other companies already have all of these amazing promised features and much, much more. In my opinion, they decided to focus on growing as a company instead of staying a top performer. They invest a lot in sales, not so much in product growth and development or customer service.

I like that their annual conference is a lot of fun!

Everything we want is always an additional cost - only the bare bones are included. Pricing is the highest in the industry. Customer service reps don't speak English as their primary language. Options are so complex, it's extremely clunky and hard to make function like you intend. There are only a few ugly website templates to choose from. They even charge for additional users. The contacts are difficult to manage. There are no real options for vendor hall maps within the system. You can't view sessions in a grid view (or any alternative views, for that matter), so for a conference with over 100 breakouts, it's horrendous looking. If you want your conference in an app, you'll pay up the wazoo PER EVENT. I could continue all day long with dislikes.

Emma
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Best in Class Solution - Backed by the Best in Class Team

Bewertet am 19.1.2017

I inherited our Cvent account when I began at my job nearly 7 years ago and couldn't be more pleased with how much our partnership with them has grown. Through the years they continue to be searching for how to be better, more innovative, always on the look out for the next new thing; all while continuing to keep the focus of the customer top of mind. I am part of the Cvent Advocates program, spoke at the past 3 annual events, presented on dozens of webinars and fostered real friendships with the employees. Cvent feels like an extension of my team, rather than a product or service that we use. I couldn't imagine using a different partner, every so often we have done our due diligence and nothing holds a candle to what Cvent has to offer. If you are willing to put in a little bit of effort, Cvent and its team will match you tenfold and do everything in their power to help make you and your event a success. Thank you, Cvent, for making my job easier.

It continues to evolve, they don't just make an update and leave it sit for the next big update. Continuous evolution of the product makes it extremely user friendly and offer solutions to issues you didn't even know could be fixed.

There are parts of the software that do not do everything we would like; some customization and functionality. However, I am able to share my feedback directly with the team and more often than not, within a given amount of time they have placed that item on the road map and it's completed.

SarahEmily
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

CVent is both the most unique and innovative option for all your planning needs

Bewertet am 7.12.2016

Cvent is an incredible platform that, when utilized to its fullest, is a planner's dream. It is possible that you can use it for every step of your planning process starting with venue choice, through budgeting and marketing, and ending with full reporting and broadcasting. It also has multiple platforms built into it that allow your meetings to run smoothly. These include web applications for attendees, quick registration tools, and various ways to track your progress along the way. They also provide integration with their own tools as well as some tools your company/organization may already be using.
Throughout the entire process, CVent provides excellent customer support with check-ins that meet your needs/desires. If you'd like them to check in they will and they will also frequently review your account to find ways in which you can better utilize their assistance and products! If you'd rather have a hands-off approach, they're fine with that too.

I appreciate the many tools that exist within the Cvent system. It's truly remarkable that CVent can help you plan and successfully execute every moment from the first step onwards. They seem to have thought of everything!

I have found that since they are often attempting to 'do it all', the reporting options through Cvent can often be very cumbersome and leave you sifting through too many options. However, please keep in mind that, if you are lost, they will help!

Danial
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for Planning and Managing Events (Including Virtual Events)

Bewertet am 29.3.2022

At a reasonable and appropriate cost, we were able to use Cvent as our professional Event planning consultant, which enabled us to deliver the events we organize to safety and achieve maximum benefit. Cvent also made it easy to switch from real to virtual events and supported global expansion, where we could invite a group to a superbly organized virtual gathering.

Cvent is a great tool for planning events of various sizes, including virtual ones. Events are better with Cvent. It forces you to pay attention to the slightest details so your guests have a memorable event. Cvent imports contacts, connects with numerous programs, and allows you to create guest lists with simple operations. You can also create a web page for the event, add payment links to buy tickets and reserve seating for paid events, and Cvent keeps track of all of that for you, so you know who has confirmed attendance and how many seats have been reserved. I also use it to arrange virtual events, sending out invitations and planning the program and themes of discussion. I also like how event logs are recorded and archived on the cloud for easy access.

Nothing we can say, Cvent is simple to use for everyone, regardless of their interests or business, and it does its job well. Notably, help is provided 24/7, which simplifies use and boosts user efficiency.

Annette
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Poor customer service and questionable sales techniques

Bewertet am 25.9.2020

Poor communications with management, no intentions to resolve customer concerns or address complaints. You are only assigned entry level account managers and a customer service number hat will tell you to watch a video. I rarely post about other companies, but feel that this company has the worst event platform and highest cost I have seen in the conference industry in the past 10 years. The SALES managers are only trying to get a commission and do not try to do the right thing for their customers. Very disappointing.

Ease of use on smartphone, ability to refund attendees with a simple click. Reports and tracking post event were useful

The sales team will upsell you into products and services you do not use or will never use- and automatically renew the contract. Ecommerce terms change in the middle of a contract, subjecting all of your funds from registration to be ON HOLD for up to a year. Essentially your business may have no working capital, The customer service and training is slow to respond and tedious to implement. No way out of a contract you do not want to continue. Once you sign a contract, you are stuck with a company that did not disclose the true costs of doing business with them.

Max
Max

Excellent On Site Event App

Bewertet am 22.2.2017

I've been using this for our big events for the last few years and it has worked out very well. Some of the login features are quirky, but they keep adding updates and features to make everything run better and more smoothly. It can be customized for many looks and you can use your own launch icons that you create to really make the app branded to your events. The attendee experience has been very positive through the app because it gives them the ability to network and makes everything from the program and speaker information to on site locations easy to find. If you use other CVENT software, it can all be synced so it saves a lot of time without having to enter the same details in two or more places.

Easy to use and the end result is excellent for the end users. It cuts down on a lot of manual work we used to do onsite and a lot of printed paper materials we used to have to prepare.

Some of it can be quirky for setup. Login/Privacy issues are troublesome because if you use them, it makes the online version of the app locked to anyone but registered attendees. Can be good if that's what you want but not when you only want certain things to be locked. It's not a huge deal and they are quick to make improvements to the software and features.

Shawn

Transformed our organization's event management experience.

Bewertet am 4.7.2018

Saves so much time (and stress). Allows our organization to host more events without having to increase staffing. We are far better able to communicate with our members and get real time feedback on every aspect of our meetings and conferences. They are very happy with the end user experience (i.e. registration).

It's the total package. From sourcing venues, RFPs, budgeting, marketing, communications, contact management, surveying, event management, graphic design, travel, seating, hotel blocks, you name it, it does it , and does it well. Cvent knows how many hats event planners wear and is with you every step of the way .The icing on the cake is the 24/7 customer support. Competent, professional and free help is always a call or email away. You are in a panic at 3am because you are having trouble figuring something out? Cvent support is there to save the day (I know this because I've been there, done that!).

It is an investment but the ROI is definitely there. If I had to nitpick, sometimes the HTML editor can be finicky but customer support is there to get it sorted.

Megan
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Would recommend to any event team looking to facilitate virtual, hybrid and in person events

Bewertet am 23.8.2023

Vast functionality which ticks all of our boxes as a business. We not only use cvent to facilitate virtual events, but also hybrid and in person too. We enjoy using the on arrival software for checking attendees into events, which speeds up the entire process and provides realtime data on how attendance is going throughout the arrival period.Setting up event and registration pages is easy, interactive and the front end always looks great and provides an overall easy experience for our registerting attendees.

Sometimes the simple functionality is made overly complex in cvent to actually deliver. But when it is, it works great.Their badge printing needs to be easier to facilitate.

Kim
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Cvent has made a lot of what we do as Event Planners easier.

Bewertet am 23.4.2018

The ability to print name badges on site and have the app interact directly with the website, pushing information live to both.

I like the ability to print name badges on site. Also the updated website building module in Abstract Management made our submission process a lot easier and more fun. CrowdCompass is a great app. I am looking forward to the FLEX update.

Abstract Management still doesn't have the ability to push through sessions to Event Management. The website building capabilities in Event Management are not great - they look like 90s templates. I know that Cvent is changing this to be more like Abstract with FLEX. CrowdCompass' map does not have the ability to give a user directions to where they need to go. Event-In-A-Box, while great for probably most use cases, included materials we did not need.

Hi Kim,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent's Event Management solution. We are happy to hear that our product has made your life as a planner easier! We also want to thank you for being a Cvent Advocate and appreciate your engagement in that program! Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or need assistance with anything!

• Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Nonprofit perspective

Bewertet am 9.8.2018

Like I said earlier, the people assigned to my account and others that I've met and worked with from Cvent through customer service and also other departments focused on individual modules of the platform are incredible. They are passionate about the work, they are upfront about what could or might not work for our case, and they are true partners.

Cvent is very easy to explore and use. It offers a great deal of customization and has a plethora of modules to add on that can grow your and your attendees' experience. The customer service is round the clock and everyone is very knowledgeable. The people assigned to your account as well as the custom service folks on the phone are also incredible in helping you work out issues and build on ideas.

The cost. In a nonprofit getting the business case for putting more money toward something, even if we could really build something strong and grow our attendees' experiences is hard to convince when the contract costs are still fairly high.

• Branche: Computer-Software

Great tool, but complexity results in less adoption

Bewertet am 20.6.2018

Visibility and supports Duty of Care

Visibility and supports Duty of Care

The full 'end to end' solution is the great thing about Cvent, from registering the need for a meeting or event, through to sourcing, event website, attendee invites (with a whole load of functionality) through budgets, on-site management and ROI.

Cvent is very complex which limits adoption. Inevitably, with such a great end to end solution, complexity is expected, but nevertheless this is the unfortunate downside...

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We appreciate your candid feedback and have shared it with our product team.

We¿d also like to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Celebrity. As a Celebrity, you¿ll have opportunities to take part in beta testing, be the first to know about new Cvent products and events, learn best practices, and earn cool rewards! To learn more about Cvent Celebrity and to join, visit http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!

Carl
  • Branche: Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation

CVENT Integrated our Events, Communication and Association Management

Bewertet am 21.12.2016

We are a multi-client firm that focuses on non-profit association management. Most association management systems have very limited event and communication platforms for the complex clients we have. We focused on getting every client on CVENT for communications and all of our events. This has been great to go into one login and system to manage all clients. We then focused on using CVENT as our association management system utilizing the members only section that can be created and tracking and managing CE's. CVENT has been great for us because everything is housed all together and the integrations are terrific. We can put our clients on CVENT whether they have a small or large budget.

When looking at the cost compared to other systems the pricing was comparable, but we were impressed with the options of customer service, online resources and in-person support that are available. I truly see the advances CVENT making that it will be considered a large player in the association management system arena.

Ability to manage very simple and complex events. Integration of events, communication and association management systems.
Client success manager that is assigned to your account is great to navigate best practices.

Would like to see embedded video on e-Marketing platform.

Krysten
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It does the job, but new releases can be frustrating

Bewertet am 3.8.2021

Robust event management and registration capabilities
Many ways to customize to your brand/event
Responsive customer service/tech support via chat and email
Ability to automate emails and track opens, clicks, etc.
Widget-based event website makes setup easy; HTML widget allows more customization
Ability to use standard and custom data tags in emails

Membership and e-marketing modules are clunky and haven't been updated/improved in years
Limited capabilities in e-marketing (no A/B testing, no series/time-based emails, no way for subscribers to change frequency of emails - you're either subscribed or opted out)
New product rollouts (Flex) take years and release dates delayed several times
Some features still not operational in Flex, but can no longer use legacy software
No longer offers the ability to modify CSS in event registration website