Slack Bewertungen

Ein einziger Ort für Teamkommunikation und Arbeitsabläufe

4.6/5 (15796 Bewertungen)
Heshani H.
Mit Google übersetzen

Slack the best team communication software ever

Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We use slack in our office as the main communication app. We can connect with our overseas clients through slack so easily. As we can share rich media, we have everything in a single thread. And we have the ability to reply to the each message in the thread. Also we can delete unwanted messages. The best thing is we have set reminders for important tasks. So the overall experience is really nice and I am thankful to the slack developers.

We can create channels for separate projects and same time me can send direct messages for each other company members.
We can share texts, images,videos, audios, gif files and any rich media with others
We can set reminders for our work and slack bit is going to remind us our work
We can integrate other software like Skype, Hangouts,Gmail and many applications to slack, so that we can receive all the notifications through slack.
We have search options, so that we can search for previous texts we sent someone or in a certain channel.
Also there is an option to switch the do not disturb mode on. In that time we are not getting notifications.
We can easily use the web, desktop and mobile application so we can access chat via any device.
Considering all the matters I love this app.

I experienced some issues while getting voice calls.
Also it saves a limited number of lines in each chat thread. So we can not reference our earliest messages in threads.
These are the only issues I have experienced. But these are not that strong reasons to not to use this app.

John B.
Mit Google übersetzen

Robust product that fosters effective communication and collaboration!

Bewertet am 19.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Our organization deployed Slack alongside a legacy client. The initial plan was to run both in parallel indefinitely, mostly because change is hard and there would be complaints. But Slack was so quickly adopted by a broad user base, the legacy client was officially retired after just a few months. Slack has been incredibly effective at fostering group communication and bringing our organization together. There are colleagues on Slack that never even used the legacy client. Whenever possible, Slack is used as an email alternative. Slack is also very robust with plenty of customization and integration. I have only scratched the surface of available options but the Slack Outlook Calendar "app" has been very useful. There have been some very infrequent (less than one per quarter) outages or availability issues but Slack has been quick to acknowledge and resolve the issues. Overall I am very pleased and would highly recommend Slack.

- Flexible notifications allow users to control frequency and delivery methods for messages
- Default options or custom emojis can be used for current availability status
- Availability status can be set to automatically clear after a specific period of time
- Messages can still be sent to users even when they are offline/unavailable
- Key contacts can be "starred" and maintained in a sidebar list for quick access
- Communication across large groups is facilitated via "Channels"
- Posting a new message in a "Channel" includes options to notify all users in the group
- Custom start and end times can be set for the "Do Not Disturb" function
- Extensive user preferences include themes with customizable hex colors
- Integration with other productivity tools via "apps" (Outlook Calendar app is especially useful)
- Support for custom emojis, loading messages and channel prefixes
- Mobile app is extremely user-friendly

- Dark theme (mode) does not apply to the sidebar, only the main chat/message window
- On the desktop app, your own account ("you") appears at the top of the Starred list (preferred) but on the mobile app "you" is sorted among all other Starred users
- Occasional but very infrequent outages or availability issues

Ankush K.

Slack Review

Bewertet am 18.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It's one of the coolest apps I've tried, I'm glad I got a chance to switch from Skype.

It's best made for any type of communication chat, sharing files (pdfs, doc, xlx), code etc. It has some cool features which I use every day like set reminders, easy integration with other apps like Datadog/Airflow to set alerts/notification for your product. Search option is really amazing where you can search for text, word or pdf file. The other options are to make Alias which is important I think when you don't want to notify the whole channel and just type @Alias rather than @here.

The only issue I had with it is that it freezes sometimes on my laptop, my chat windows on my phone do not remain in sync with chat windows on the laptop like with my Hazy memory if I'm talking to someone on phone and don't remember the name of person I won't be able to get back to him from my laptop. I also use its free version which I kind of doesn't like as it only stores 10k messages. So I guess the recent contacts/conversation option might need some enhancements for better user experience. Also, intoroducing some Calendar feature would be great in future.

Communication made easy

Bewertet am 13.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Slack is a very good tool with many add-ons that can help your business with communication, reminders, etc. The library of add-ons is growing.
The only thing is that I wish the search was a little bit better, you often find irrelevant hits and it is a bit hard to exclude channels or people in your search.

How easy it is to use.
It is easy to chat with other members in the organization, it is easy to start small chat groups, for more permanent groups you can start channels, both public and private.
It has both voice calls and video calls that are fast and smooth with great quality.

It is a bit harder to cooperate with other companies, where skype is available for anyone and you can easily add any contact, in slack you need an administrator to add a quest to the workspace. a good thing is that for each paid license you have in the company you can invite 5 guests that have access to a single channel(single-channel guest). a small con is that you need to pay a license for any guest that need access to more than one channel(multi-channel guest)

The search function could offer a few more options

Google Hangouts Replacement, Saved us from Teams

Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I actually enjoy Slack. It is fun to use, and I like much more than sending an email.

Slack really allows us to communicate effectively based on group or subject. We can communicate directly in the General chat, directly, or in any number of specialized group channels. Each team has their own channel, and if needed, that channel can be locked to prevent other teams from entering.

Most are open channels that allow for any of our teams to come in and converse on the subject titled. One our favorite things to use are external apps. I love that Slack will pop up an upcoming appointment or if we need a meeting in say Zoom, I can just type /zoom and it will generate a Zoom link and we can all join in. We are on the free tier, so with the higher level tier, you can get conferencing and a wealth of other features added in. The free level serves us very well.

We use email integration also, so important emails and even things like weather alerts pop up as a Slack notification. It is really a great service.

Can be confusing to use if you are not used to chat systems such as Hangouts or WhatsApp though. The idea of a separate room, or Group chat, confuses some, but once they see how things work, it is a non-issue.

Olivia B.
Mit Google übersetzen

free instant messaging for small businesses

Bewertet am 9.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

a great free/paid, GDPR compliant option for company instant messaging

Slack offers free versions of it's software which were suitable for our business and therefore saved us money versus competitor instant messaging products. Slack is also GDPR complaint so ticked our boxes in terms of what we needed. The interface is also simple to use and intuitive, as well as not being too cluttered. It offers both group chats, company wide groups and personal chats. Slack also has great integration possibilities with other apps such as dropbox, or client relationship managers, which is useful for sharing information. it also allows you to create polls and share gifs etc, and has clear pop up notifications and email updates.

-limited naming allowances for channels (e.g. no spaces end no capital letters) which can make it hard to think of obvious names for some groups
-the gif insertion is a strange system, (have to type /giphy [text] and then it will give you one suggestion of a gif and you have to shuffle if you want a different picture, rather than being able to choose)
-the way of responding to a certain message and creating a new chain can be complex to some in the team

Vanessa J.
Mit Google übersetzen

Good tool for connecting remote employees

Bewertet am 30.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, we use this tool as a team all day long and it works well for what we need. On occasion it "glitches," but that is rare.

Slack is easy to use, it is easy to chat in a group, set up special channels and have private chats. It does have a calling feature, with share-screen ability. I especially like that you can mute or change the sound features of each channel or group, and that you can pause all notifications for a period of time. It's easy to see when team members are on and available to talk, which is important as we have an all remote team.
Service is great with a Slack help feature that allows you to ask questions and get immediate help from Slackbot. Polly is a great tool for polling, very easy to use.

Slack can be glitchy at times, rarely, but it is irritating. It will show as if I am not on when I am. Other times I will miss comments because it just didn't notify me. This is not just me, but the entire team will have these issues on occasion. Again, it's rare, and a simple log out and back in are all that's needed to get it working again.
The calling feature is great in many ways, but there are times when the quality is not the greatest and we get disconnected. Again, rare; and it might not even be a Slack issue - maybe internet glitches?

Eileen moran C.
Mit Google übersetzen

Slack is our go-to quick communication tool for our remote team

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Before using Slack, we had to wait for people to answer emails or use text messages or chat apps. None of it was organized into a company-wide system where you can have multiple conversations with different people. Slack is the perfect solution for quick communication that doesn't need to be saved forever.

Slack is very simple to set up and use and allows us to quickly message our team members who all work remotely. It's a great tool for sharing links, getting answers to simple questions, and also sharing fun things in the Random and General Channels. We've got a few different Channels we use with our 21 users who are a combination of employees and contractors. We also use Google Drive, so that is integrated into Slack.

We've got the free plan, so we have messages that are now archived that we can't access. Considering it's free, it's not much of a con.

Erik M.
Mit Google übersetzen

The BEST tool for interoffice communication and filesharing

Bewertet am 24.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Slack has improved my team communication and collaboration exponentially. I can't say enough good things about the developers and the incredible tool they have built. Every time I interact with the interface I am amazed at the ease of use. Slack has also never crashed on me - not once.

Slack is so robust. You can send files, GIFS, video, have team video calls and create channels for your team to chat together. When sharing links, there is an option to display rich content previews, and you can even make your own emojis. The customization is endless. It is incredibly powerful even as a free version. Once I unlocked the paid version, having access to all of my archived files just took it to the next level. I highly recommend Slack for any size team and have used it for about 4 years.

I have no complaints about Slack. I believe their pay-gate in the free version restricting access to files past a certain time period is completely fair, and the support and interface they offer is unlike any other. Being able to search back in chats for exactly the file or conversation someone referenced without having to bother them again for the details.

Taylor A.
Mit Google übersetzen

A good product with potential

Bewertet am 23.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, my experience has been positive. As mentioned, there are many aspects that are very easy to use. Slack works well for our management team who is always active on it and focused on certain projects. However, for our general customer service team, it is less effective.

I like how easy the software is to use. It's very intuitive for anyone who has used a messaging app before. Another feature that is valuable for us is the ability to add employees to only certain channels. We have a diverse team that doesn't need to be involved in every conversation.

I wish that some of the pro level features were available for the free version. It is cost prohibitive for us to pay for the pro version. For example, we often run into an issue when trying to search for things that are far back in a channel. Slack only allows us to go back so far. Therefore, we lose important communication. Also, the nature of the Slack channels allows things to get easily lost. As team members, comment and change the subject important pieces of information get buried before everyone sees it.

7.0/10
Laura A.
Mit Google übersetzen

Slack is the best for fast conversation with the perfect sound quality.

Bewertet am 19.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The audio and video calls quality is always perfect and awesome. It always provide the great options to share screen and important information, data and documents in a instant manner. Overall, Slack is the most intuitive and perfect for business meeting. Hence, this software provide the best video calling with the perfect sound quality. The another thing that I most like about this software is that we can easily chat with the audio and video calls in a more efficient way. This software is the best source of communication because here are chatting opportunity is always free and reliable. Through the Slack software, it is so easy to connect myself to anyone and at anytime in the world.

Slack software is very easy to use and cloud sharing is too amazing of this software. Slack software is great for the audio and the video calls. The most favorite thing about this software is that it has the superb features with the great ability. I can also share the important information with anyone in a more efficient way. The another benefit thing about this software that provide us is that it is the best for the fast conversation with our friends and colleagues. I would recommended this software because Slack software is highly productive with the lots of good tool and features. For us, it is the best communication and the great video calling software. It really helps me in a ll of my business meetings. Moreover, it always provide the great customer services for its users. We can always handle all of our conversation in a group video chat in a best manner.

The great disadvantage of this software is that sometimes with any internet connection, it makes our communication so difficult and harder. Moreover, there are some features that are missing in the Slack software. So it should must enhanced the quality of its features. The another problem that we faced is that sometimes we cannot fast conversation in a group video chat, because of some internet problems. For the new users, it is so difficult of us to use it more properly. Otherwise, it provide the great conversation for the audio and the video calls.

Liam M.

The Business Communication Tool of it's Time

Bewertet am 16.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Honestly, this software just doesn't have competition at it's level and they have a stranglehold on this market, as they deserve. Between Spark, Skype, and Hangouts, they're really the Nickelodeon to Disney.

Although they'll stick around, with the ability for them to add so many integration possibilities by not only their own development but other companies wanting to allow their own software's workflow to somehow run through Slacks platform.

It's just a simple platform with so many functionalities and possibilities.

Availability. Simplicity. Instant transferability between devices. Customizability (yes, it's a word).

One of my favorite pieces though is the ability to integrate so many other applications into and out of it. Get to that more in a moment...

This is petty but one of the largest issues I run into is when in the office and have Slack running on both my iPhone and my MacBook, sometimes I miss important, timely messages due to device priority. If the laptop screen is still open and I'm only a room or two over in another meeting, my phone will not receive the messages from the laptop until my screen times out and the rests.

Meisha B.

Our Go-To Communication Channel

Bewertet am 8.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Great communication tool for teams and businesses—saves time and makes collaboration more efficient.

I switched from using Skype at my last company to using Slack, and boy was it an upgrade.

First and foremost, Slack is incredibly easy to learn and get used to. Once you're in there, it's easy to pick up on the nuances and other little hacks to make using the tool easier and more fun.

I love the SlackBot, which can help set reminders and integrates with other tools (ex: Google Drive) to send updates on any comments, changes, etc.

You can have group chats with up to 8 people, so organizing multiple conversations is relatively easy—though you cannot add someone to an existing chat/conversation, you'd have to set up a new chat with all parties.

One of the other great features is the file-sharing functionality, where you can easily send over files, images, etc. for review and feedback. It saves a lot of time and reduces email clogs.

Slack also offers a mobile app for on-the-go communication. It has been a bit buggy in the past (randomly stops working/shuts down) but has gotten better over time.

As with most products with a paid solution, the free version does have a few limitations. With the free version, you can only see the last 10,000 messages—which sounds like a lot, but it can be a pain when searching for something mentioned in the past that's no longer available.

And, not that this is necessarily a con, but it's important to be mindful of the information you share on Slack (or any other communication platform!). Admins can see everything that is shared and conversations can be requested for review.

Damien T.
Mit Google übersetzen

Slack is an easy communications package for everyone

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

An excellent tool that has helped numerous businesses I have installed and suggested it for. Most slip straight into using it and find very little barrier to entry; in short order the app has become default communications platform for the organizations I've set it up in. I've seen the opposite in other organizations I've worked in or for - other platforms did not experience the pickup at all. Slack is very usable and intuitive in its interface. Well recommended as a communications platform for organizations.

Slack is very easy to pick up and use. Most people are used to some form of online chat or comms and Slack is familiar in short order and easy to work your way around. Most of the functions you expect are there - able to upload files, etc. and the integration with Google Drive is an added convenience if you use Google Suite. Notifications are easy to manage which is important when you have a large group using the app as they can come thick and fast and being able to turn them off, especially if you have it installed on mobile, is very necessary.

The interface is fairly vanilla and unassuming. It could do with an overhaul and some options for adjustment. When you have the mobile app, if you have a large group of people using it the notifications can become very disruptive. Fortunately, the options to switch on Do Not Disturb or to log yourself Away between certain hours are very helpful.

7.0/10

Slack's As Good As The Team That Uses It

Bewertet am 3.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Slack's an incredibly important part of our organization's tools now. At first there was resistance from some in leadership: would it be distracting, would it be yet one more thing that confuses people about where information is and how to find what you're looking for? But we set some ground rules and best practices early on and had a small team try it out for a few months before making it available company wide. Establishing the expectations around slack and making sure that everyone understands that it's not a tool that people should be expected to be on all the time is critical.

Slack has been great for our company. Yes, it does cut down on the number of emails our team sends, and it has enabled us to work with our remote colleagues more efficiently. The desktop apps and mobile apps are well designed and the improvement to UX that comes with most updates is often welcome (e.g., recent addition of the Drafts feature).

The things I like least about Slack are not issues to do with Slack but instead to do with implementation, rules, culture, etc., etc. Like anything that's good and revolutionary, the implementation of Slack requires an understanding that with benefits come downsides. Be wary that humans using this software will remain humans and their idiosyncrasies and personalities will not be masked by the communication tool.

Mit Google übersetzen

The absolute best team communication software.

Bewertet am 8.7.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have absolutely enjoyed Slack in the time that I have used the service. I think that t

My experience with Slack has been absolutely magnificent. Slack has amazing features and here are some of my favorite ones:

History: A new member is added to a Slack channel, instantly has access to the entire conversation history right from when the channel was created, including shared files and all. This makes bringing a new team member onboard a project that much more seamless as s/he can easily go through earlier conversations to gain context and insight. This really helped me as a new employee.

Jump to date: All of Slack's functionality is cloud-based. This amazing feature lets you jump to a specific date in the history of a conversation. So, if you're looking for what a colleague sent to you on your birthday or a flier that was sent out on independence day, this helps you avoid scrolling through tons of messages and media.

Search: Slack's search allows you to search through several conversations (channels and direct messages) instantly for keywords and to filter by sender, conversation and date as well as to sort by most recent or most relevant. Also, this functionality searches not just messages, but files as well for the keywords you enter.

Slackbot & Reminders: Slack's helpful reminders help you stay on top of your game. With a few clicks, you can ask the Slackbot to remind you in 20mins, an hour, 3 hours, tomorrow or next week.

Helpful shortcuts, relatable reactions, and powerful integrations are some of the other awesome features of this intuitive software.

Price: As an employee, I don't bother about the pricing but I can tell that it might be a hindrance for smaller start-ups Well, there's a limited-use free version but the app isn't free at scale.

Group DMs: Slack allows you to create multi-way chats (group DMs) that accommodate 3 to 8 members. However, once created, you cannot add another member to an existing group DM.

Privacy: Privacy is very limited on Slack. Admins with enough clearance can pretty much gain access o everything, including your direct messages with another user. Keep personal conversations off Slack.

Slack: Communicate with Flair

Bewertet am 30.7.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, the platform has been the best out of several team communication applications. This had a much easier sense of user navigability and user experience with its sleek, modern look. It also had the capability of customizing your profile to an extent, with being able to add pictures, a bio, as well as static and dynamic emojis. It also had a unique gif feature that allowed for the posting of gifs but being able to randomize them. So essentially, typing in a random word would net several options of gifs, some of them quite unexpected and hilarious. This provided a good amount of entertainment for the younger crowds in the office.

The app and website had a very modern feel to it and relatively easy to navigate across. There was a section that provided what slack calls channels that usually was filled with members of certain teams or company-wide channels where messaging would go out to all these larger groups. Below that, there was a section that was dedicated toward smaller group messaging between coworkers or between individuals. The program would also keep your most highly used personal channels between groups and individuals pinned for easy access and these channels would contain the entire history of the conversations so it was very easy to find a particular message from someone if you were looking for specific information.

The notifications would be intrusive at times, so if you didn't turn off your notifications there would be large messages coming across your screen with a resounding ding that would announce the message. It would also preview a bit of the message being sent, so if you were having a particularly private conversation, there was the possibility of that popping up across your screen for others to see. It would be easy to forget to turn this feature if you weren't constantly running into meetings, but it seemed like this was an issue in terms of keeping things private.

Suzanne S.

Awesome for team collaboration

Bewertet am 27.7.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Slack is the a wonderful platform for team communication and collaboration. It is very easy to organize by having different channels for chats about different topics, and then even different threads within chats. The learning curve is small for the basics, and then there are a lot of extra features you can add to customize your experience. For instance, Slackbot can be very helpful since you can program it to deliver a string of text or a link anytime somebody mentions a certain key word. So in the heat of a competition, if someone needs access to a document fast, you can have it set up to provide that document instantly with just a keyword. You can also easily share files, videos, and photos within Slack, and integrate it with other apps like Twitter and Google Docs. Important posts and files can be pinned to channels or starred for easier reference later. I quickly found Slack to be an essential part of team communication and collaboration.

The free version will only show you the last 10,000 messages. I'm fine with having limits on how many MBs of storage per which plan you are on, but you should still have access to all of your content regardless of whether you opt for free or paid. A lot of people (including me) use Slack for non-business related team communication, and we don't have a budget for the high price Slack asks for it's paid plans. There needs to be either a low-cost-per-user version with just a few more features like unlimited messages, or just add unlimited messages to the free version.

Beth H.

Functional Office Communication

Bewertet am 22.7.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

There is still so much to learn with this program, as we have only been using it for less than six months. But so far, we love it! It's fun, creative, a time saver, and very well liked here in the office.

This software allows you to instant message across the office in a simple, easy to use program. It allows you to create as many "channels" or groups as you need, as well as chat to individuals directly. We use this form of communication to ensure our messages are documented and our team is help responsible for the communication received. The feature my team enjoy the most is the ability to branch off into "threads" off a single topic so it doesn't get lost in the chat, and the ability to add a reaction, giphy, or insert a picture in a way to have fun with it as well! I particular like the use of sending myself "reminders" directly off a task, chat, or thread that I can schedule to remind me whenever I need it. Speaking of schedules, this program also links to our schedule so whenever something is added, we automatically get the alert.

The only suggestion I would recommend is to incorporate an auto response or notification that a message has been read. This would aid in the accountability and to ensure a message didn't get lost in the chat.

Kylee L.

Excellent Team Communication Program

Bewertet am 12.7.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Being in Marketing, my team and I have to send many large design files on a daily basis. During a review process of one project, we may send up to 20 files back and forth. We found that sending via email was clogging up our limited email space very quickly and it also became difficult to go through an email thread to make sure you have all the notes from different team members. So, we began searching for a communication platform that would not only allow us to send large files, but one that could also make communication easier.

We have found that with Slack! We started using Slack just over five years ago and we never looked back! The file-sharing capabilities are phenomenal. Whether you are using the desktop app, online version or mobile app, files and attachments are easily downloaded or you can view them directly in Slack.

With many of our team members working remotely, Slack has also made communication and collaboration on projects much easier. By creating different channels, we have been able to single in on specific projects. That way, communication is not lost in a long email thread. Furthermore, the search capabilities within Slack make it simple to go back in a conversation and find any past content. Slack also allows us to one-off each other, when we need a more private conversation or a direct comment needs to be made. We are also enjoying the notification and status settings.

All of us on our Marketing team would highly recommend using Slack!

Hands down, the best feature about Slack is its file-sharing capabilities. It has made our jobs easier as a Marketing team to have this in a communication platform, especially since we need to send many files on a day-to-day basis. With many of us working from home or out of the office, having a centralized communication platform where we can communicate on projects, while file-sharing, is essential. It has kept us all out of "email jail" and has streamlined our review processes and turnaround times for meeting crucial deadlines.

There is very little I dislike about Slack, but I would say that the "Threads" communication portion of Slack could be developed a bit better. With this feature, someone can reply directly to a specific comment rather than in the full channel. The only issue with this is that the thread pops up on the right side of the screen, rather than directly below the original comment. Sometimes, this can be confusing and the notifications for Threads can sometimes be overlooked. If Slack were able to open the Thread directly under the original comment/post, that would make communication and notifications less confusing.

Sergei G.
Mit Google übersetzen

The unbeaten king of communication tools.

Bewertet am 27.6.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I doubt I could ever use something that isn't Slack, probably due to the fact there is just nothing that even comes close to its balance of features and fun. Which is kind of sad as its clear Slack stopped innovating as soon as it noticed it pretty much had a monopoly on workplace communications.

Slack biggest achievement and PRO is making workplace chat fun, be it by fun emojis, gifs or reaction emojis to messages, or its sheer amount of customization options. Add to this the insane amount of project customization thanks to 3rd party integrations, and its clear why it's as of now still unbeaten. Also, the fact it has plenty of developer centric features such as syntax highlighting and impressive platform compatibility across OS just makes it even harder to compete against.

Slack's biggest problems are 2, performance, and price. Even on relatively powerful hardware, Slack is prone to having performance issues, probably due to the fact its built with web technologies which are great for compatibility reasons, not so much for performance. Also, their pricing model makes it pretty much impossible for small companies and groups to buy due to how expensive it is.

Alex T.

Essential for Running any Tech Business in 2019

Bewertet am 16.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, Slack has been able to bring our teams together on both large scale and smaller scale business services where there are no longer dependencies in communication because all the important information is either sent as a message on each channel or sent as a reference link on each channel.

I currently run two separate companies, a tech repair company and a digital marketing firm, both of which rely heavily on large-scale business services. Slack allows both companies to efficiently manage each project with the channel functionality, where each of our projects is placed into a separate channel where we discuss important updates, share important documents and Tag important notes. All of this is made incredibly simple with slacks dead simple user interface and it's most certainly safe to say that our companies would face difficult times without this software.

There is one small annoyance that I have had with the software ever since our companies began using it years ago: the naming scheme for each slack channel. Each channel requires you to have lowercase letters with no spaces allowed and instead only allows underscores. This obviously in not an important issue, but it has definitely annoyed me in the past when I had to retype some of my channel names.

Katie K.
Mit Google übersetzen

A robust business tool that goes beyond instant messaging!

Bewertet am 23.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This is a tool to improve communication and collaboration. From my team's experience, we were able to pose questions to the group and discuss in real time, while keeping a record for future reference. Sharing documents in one place was simple for discussion, rather than having to wade through an entire Google Drive to find the right document name. In our company's case, Slack really did eliminate the need to have frequent project meetings.
At the time of this review, our team had not taken advantage of more advanced integrations.

Slack is simple to set up and start using on Day One. From an administrative perspective, it is simple to set up users and permission levels. New users will appreciate that the interface is fairly intuitive and customizing notifications takes just a few minutes. Advanced users will enjoy taking advantage of shortcuts, integrations with other tools and additional automation features.
The best reasons to use Slack from my experience are:
- A list of application integrations that seems to grow by the day
- Creating channels for specific projects or teams can eliminate the need to have in-person meetings
- The ability to search and review past conversations is priceless
Our team barely has barely begun to scratch the surface of all of the features included with Slack. I highly recommend using the free trial to get a feel for the software. Likewise, there is a Free version of the product that has much of the functionality of the paid version but limits the organization to 10k messages (which limits the search functionality - if you use this version I highly recommend "star"-ing or "favorite"-ing messages that you do not wish to be archived after the message limit is hit)

The cost per user license can be prohibitive for small companies or those just starting out. Although, if you weigh the functionality included with the product, you could make the case that the time saved and added efficiencies are still well worth the cost.

Luis daniel R.
Mit Google übersetzen

A great team communication tool

Bewertet am 22.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Slack is honestly the best tool for team collaboration. You can communicate via voice or text with your coworker or friends from the browser, desktop or phone and it's reliable a lot. The messages are there and so are the files shared. Also same with the chat rooms.

I like Slack. I have been using it for aprox 4 years now. It's simple and it get's the job done. You can add extensions like JIRA, Google Drive, DropBox and so on. Basically slack you can have different rooms for different teams (you can manage the members per room or invite) and you can also have private chat conversations with other people. It's basically a chat server for your company or organization. The mobile app is awesome, the desktop app is fine and you can also use Slack on the browser. The free tier is good if you have a small team, now if you message a lot there's like a 10,000 message limit for the history so if you want to get the best deal, you'll need to pay. Same for the file sharing, there's a limit but it works super good.

Honestly Slack is great, but with the time, it's become stagnant. A lot of other platforms are providing features that are more robust and free. For instance, Discord, even if it is for gaming, it does everything Slack does and better. Even the desktop sharing is better. I wish Slack just kind of moved out of the stagnant position they are right now and innovate a bit more or refresh their app, but hopefully they don't break it, because it works fine as well.

Jon C.
Mit Google übersetzen

Slack changes the model for business communication

Bewertet am 10.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Great communication tool and indispensable in the modern world of business.

It's IRC for business communication with a (much) nicer interface. Slack organizes discussions into channels and IM. It's easy to reach out to anyone in the company and have a discussion. Even better is the ability to bring in external users (customers) who can then quickly converse with support and engineering teams. For any new open source project, Slack is the preferred way to communicate with other contributors and users. Recently Slack has even added the ability to do VOIP calls through their platform. The mobile app works well and the UI is well designed to mimic the desktop app.

Slack also integrates with pretty much everything out there and it's also simple to write your own bots and plugins for Slack. For instance, we have a bot that alerts whenever someone writes to use on Intercom, as well as another that checks Stack Overflow for new messages pertaining to our project.

Finally Slack pricing is fairly competitive. There's a free tier which gives you most functionality except for the ability to search (if you exceed 10,000 messages). Then multiple paid tier options based on the number of users in your organization.

The desktop and mobile apps are my preferred way to use Slack and occasionally the performance tends to drag. Once in a while the Slack mobile app will unexpectedly terminate, although in recent updates it does that less frequently. I also don't like the fact that private conversations aren't really private as companies have the ability to request Slack for those records. I get it for compliance reasons, but be warned that private conversations are never private!

The search UI workflow isn't the most intuitive, they should just op for some universal search versus organizing the search results by type.