Slack Bewertungen

Slack

Ein einziger Ort für Teamkommunikation und Arbeitsabläufe

4.6/5 (5535 Bewertungen)

The best tool for communication out there!

Täglich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 17.06.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Overall, Slack is definitely a tool you can vouch for!

After having worked in the IT sector for 3+ years now, I can safely say that Slack is one of the best channels for internal communication - primarily because the design is extremely balanced; it is not archaic nor is it designed to look too casual a chat platform. I will quickly walk you through the pros of the product based on my experience as well as the useful features of it.
1. With slack, you are assured of a good UI. I have used similar platforms for internal messaging like spark but there were quite dated in terms of how they looked and worked. Majority of times, the file always showed transfer error. Slack ensures sureshot file transfer
2. In addition to the point above, there is a very useful feature of "All Files" that helps you view all the files you have received so far. Great for record purposes, to double-check and re-download easily in case you have lost the file
3. You can set reminders to yourself - Absolutely amazing especially for those tiny tasks in between that I gotta finish but generally tend to forget because of daily duties
4. Customised channels - I can create multiple different channels for different categories of communication. Much like how we create "groups" in WhatsApp - That is how it works. It is especially good when you want to disseminate important information to a particular set of people
5. Apart from reminders - You have your personal chat page which works like a "diary" for me. So I can put my daily tasks, save links or even "test run" certain messages. It is a pretty useful feature!

P.S. Not exactly a benefit but apart from a fun UI, it always opens up with a fun quote which is just nice to read overall!

1. The application is too slow at times, to the extent that all other files hang. Tip: Once you have your workplace's account on Slack, just use the web version - It is not slow as the app is
2. The bottle-cap on the number of messages - I would like to use a communication tool safe in the knowledge that I can use it whenever I want to with no limits whatsoever. The upper limit of the number of messages that you can send deters me from sending quick messages to myself/others

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Great messaging platform with a ton of great plugins

Bewertet am 14.06.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

My team uses Slack at work and I basically live in that app. It manages to solve a bunch of needs at once, from instant messaging, to video chat, to a team wiki, and much more. The open and closed channels (for public and private conversations) are a great way to cut down on emails. The ability to customize your notifications means you can control how often you want to be bugged about what is happening in each conversation, and the alert forwarding means you don't have every device you own ringing with every single message you get.

The file sharing and rich search means that just about any in-progress document that is being collaborated upon can live in Slack. We love the Post feature that allows you to create Markup-friendly documents directly in Slack that can be referenced easily. We use them as a sort of knowledge management tool for new users to get caught up or existing users to reference important information.

And perhaps my favorite feature is the vibrant development community that has created what feels like hundreds of different plugins and apps. Some of these connect with popular web tools like Google Drive (connecting it will alert you directly in Slack when a document you own has been edited or commented on), or apps designed specifically for Slack. These include everything from chat bots to polls, to much more.

While it's great that there is a version of Slack for just about every conceivable platform, like Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, etc., as well as a web version, the desktop apps are basically just web containers and don't feel as snappy at times as they could. And while most of my team is tech savvy, some of the tools are not particularly user-friendly for those who aren't comfortable with the things like slash-commands.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

I've used Slack in my current company and at my last company and absolutely love it.

Bewertet am 26.04.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Efficiency in time, clarity in communication, speediness in communication, entertainment in communication.

I love Slack because it's so ridiculously easy to use. It makes communicating with colleagues easy, *FAST* and fun. I work in tech and worked at an advertising agency previously and have used Slack at both companies.

The amount of times I'm asked to send a file or shoot someone info in a day is limitless and Slack prevents me from having to start dozens of email threads with formal messages like "Hi [NAME], Please find attached the [X] files you requested. Let me know if you need anything else!". Messages like that are no longer necessary with Slack, because I simply drag and drop the files to Slack direct message and BAM the task is off my plate.

Slack is also amazing for group communication. Since Slack messages send so quickly there's much less repetition than there is on email. It keeps things efficient and keeps us moving forward faster especially for tasks / topics that are urgent. If I email 15 people, odds are more than 1 person will respond and they may even respond at the same time as one another. Before I know it, I'll have a long email thread with jumbled messages because servers are slower and people aren't refreshing their emails to see if they've received a new email before sending theirs. Slack prevents this repetition and confusion by all group members being able to see a live thread that auto-populates.

Lastly, Slack is fun. You can send GIFs to your colleagues that are topical to the conversation or just totally random. Makes work better.

The only aspect I'd say I dislike is I feel like I'm not utilizing all of Slack's features, because I don't know what else to leverage beyond what I already do. Perhaps introducing tutorials or recommendations would be helpful so users know they're using Slack to its absolute highest potential. Other than that, in my 2+ years using the program I haven't experienced any issues.

We are SLACKERS

Bewertet am 22.04.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It helped my company reduce the spillage of work into everyone's personal social media. It's also a really great way to communicate with coworkers and get things done. We've almost eliminated internal emails!

The company I work for used to use a group chat in a social media platform to try to communicate with our employees - we're small, and the number of employees wasn't too large for this, but we had quite a few different group chats, and they all bled into our personal lives. When I found #Slack, I immediately knew this was the answer to the ever-leeching work-life balance conundrum caused by having everyone at work affiliated in my social media account. Within a few weeks, we had our core chat channels set up in #Slack, and we even installed busybot and a couple other add-ins. We were customizing it and using it company-wide in no time at all. It's been a life saver. The channels keep different streams of communication open, and the best part is that it's FREE - as long as we don't want to search back through past 10,000 messages in our archive, that is. But the best part of THAT is that it's there to upgrade when we want to.
I actually have two jobs, and both of the companies I work for use #Slack - it's just that much better than the other options out there. We integrate our Google Calendars with it, and they show up in the channels we've chosen to filter them into so that employees can see the schedule for the next day.

The only thing that I feel is missing is the ability to copy an image and paste it directly into #Slack from the desktop. You have to download the file and then upload it, which is not a major problem, but most applications have this ability now, so I constantly try to do it, and then it doesn't work.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Slack is an exceptional communications tool for teams of all sizes. I highly recommend it.

Bewertet am 16.04.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Slack was built with a very powerful software architecture in mind, yet so many individuals can use it because of its friendly user-interface. The design is very fun, playful and gives you the powerful functionality that you never thought existed. For how many use cases there are in Slack, they make the user experience very streamlined and easy to pick up. In addition, you can sync a lot of the other programs that you use with their integration features.

My favorite is the ability to keep up with internal conversations based on the topic. I personally dislike being in group chats where the conversation isn't relevant to me. It can be of annoyance receiving notifications that don't pertain to your role and you have to check and delete at a later time. With Slack, their channels can be very specific and allow you to pick and choose which ones you want to join.

The biggest takeaway is if it's not used right within an organization, it can be a productivity killer. Slack connects to both your mobile device and your laptop so if you do not manage you notifications right, it can be virtually impossible to escape the conversations that are going on. Saying this, our team implements certain hours of the day where ALL phone and laptop notifications are off. Slack makes it possible to do this by changing your modes of availability and/or snoozing the notifcations for certain periods of time. As long as you limit the amount of channels to the ones that require you rattention and don't spend your whole day falling in the trap of checking your notifications all the time, it can be an awesome tool for communication.

Team messaging done right

Bewertet am 19.03.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

When working in teams of many sizes, Slack makes chat fun, efficient and non-obstrusive.

Slack is modelled on IRC, with users joining a "workspace" comprised of any number of themed channels. Users can set their notification preferences for each channel, which makes it possible to control the volume of notifications.
While some channels are meant to be used by everyone (#general, #random), it's very easy to create new channels for specific projects or discussions. I love the fact that all workspaces allow by default a "random" channel, encouraging non-work related discussion.

The flexibility afforded by this organization makes Slack a great fit for any kind of project sizes, but also other communities.

Finally, Slack supports powerful formatting (bold, italics, code snippets, quotes all using the intuitive Markdown syntax). Emoji and GIF support makes it even more fun. Emoji reactions are an expressive and fun way to respond to messages quickly, avoiding time wasted on picking phrasing (and spamming others with basic responses).

In settings where the free plan is not sufficient (e.g. large number of users), the "pro" options feel quite expensive.

While clients are extremely well designed on all platforms, handling multiple Slack Workspaces is still a bit of a hassle. Notifications arrive for all workspaces, but one needs to explicitly switch between workspaces to see messages. A unified view of all new messages across workspaces would be amazing.

The lack of a single account means that any preference set into one client (e.g. on desktop) will generally not carry over to another (e.g. mobile).

In terms of administration, I wish that we could set the default notification settings per channel, instead of requiring each user to go and tweak them manually.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

It would be near impossible to unseat Slack as the king of communication software

Bewertet am 07.03.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It helps me communicate with colleagues across the world and lets me be more flexible geographically.

Slack simply has everything I've ever wanted it to have. Everyone knows about it, everyone knows how to use it, and nobody ever has an issue. I am part of a handful of communities there where I enjoy collaborating with people across the world, but I also use it internally for work. I have used it at my past 3 companies, and I just honestly don't know how a company would operate without it these days.

There are so many integrations, so many ways to share and collaborate, and it's accessible everywhere making it very reliable.

We just starting testing out Hangouts Chat, which has the only advantage of being more integrated into Google, but I don't know how it could possibly unseat Slack. There just isn't a real problem with Slack in anything that you do, so while Google may make a comparable piece of software, I doubt they can battle the network effect that Slack already has.

The thing I like least about this software is probably the culture it creates in that every is available everywhere all the time. While Slack addresses this with the ability to Snooze notifications, chat communications just makes you feel like you can have access to anyone and their work/information whenever you need it (and let's be honest, you always need it now).

It's better for communications, but as always with something like this it's a double edged sword. The more connected you are, the more you are chained to work at all times. Of course it's the choice of the user to avoid that, but if it evolves culturally within a business because it's just so easy, then it's hard to avoid.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Slack is always on their game.

Bewertet am 31.01.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Uptime: There have been so few service interruptions in the last year. I can only remember one service interruption that has affected us where general functionality was unavailable for about 45 mins. Obviously 100% uptime is preferable with any software, but I'll accept 99.999%.

Fun: Slack feels fun to use and I'm not ashamed to say that otherwise boring conversations are elevated in their level of fun because of Slack use. Slack, for me, really evokes some of the early days of IRC, YIM/AIM use with the plethora of available emojis, shorthand, gifs, and so forth.

Flexibility: Need a new channel to discuss the latest project? It takes 20 seconds to create. Need to integrate with X service to fill Y business need? No problem. Need to set up a bot to help keep track of Z issues or to spin up a new QA database series? It can do that.

Navigation: Navigation takes about a week to learn, but becomes such a seamless part of your experience with Slack, especially with keyboard shortcuts. Channel hopping is easy, DM hopping is easy, thread creation is easy.

Cry Wolf Effect: The larger your organization, or the chattier your employees/co-workers, the less productive slack can become. Sometimes you really need to be in a channel because of its important messages, but if your teammates are blowing it up with cat gifs it becomes white noise. This sets up the "Cry Wolf Effect" whereby posting abuse means you are never sure if the channels that are important ever have anything important going on in them. So, unless you constantly check them it becomes fatiguing really quickly. Yes, one simple solution is to set up a dumpster channel for the white noise, but its really easy for that to leak into important business channels unless everyone agrees to a standardized code of posting behavior and rules.

Verteilung der Bewertung

It's just the best out there

Bewertet am 12.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung

I've been using Slack for quite a while now. Using it with a team of 15 people. I also have used facebook workplace and Chatwork, just to see what else there is but always came back here.

It's easy to use:
I use Slack in Japan with Japanese coworkers, some of them don't speak English. Now Slack is available in Japanese, but for the last 3 years when it wasn't, UI was still simple enough and never a problem even though Slack was only in English. isn't this a compliment? haha

With 3 years I did experience some bugs (partly my fault cause my Phone was a bit outdated), but customer service was always there to help and they were super fast & updated the app to fix it.

Free plan available.

Everyone on our team is always online so it's very easy to chat:
you could argue that this is the company culture or team's responsibility but if the UI is difficult noone goes online and everyone starts useing other ways to communicate (experienced this with Chatwork)

Sometimes app updating on Windows 10 was funny: inconsistent icon designs on the Tab Bar. But maybe that is Windows 10s fault but never had this happen with any other app

If you are on the free plan, you need to store important conversations somewhere else because old messages disappear, but we just use Slack for communication + sharing, and Google Drive for storing important data. Important data should be stored better than just in a feed anyway. Problem Solved.

I think people tend to think less what they write on Slack compared to email. So you sometimes end up spending more time talking about something on chat and wasting 2 people's time, whereas on email one person thinks until it's worth sharing, then sends the email, so less time consuming in total. but in the end, it's good to keep conversation running so maybe not too big of a contra.

A Revolutionary Workflow Tool

Bewertet am 09.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Slack literally revolutionized our workflow and internal communications process. The time and share of mind saved from separating internal from external communication is unreal, and the benefits come incredibly fast. Within a week of the shift, everyone from the executive team down experienced a collective sigh of relief, and looking back on old processes now, one might be excused for wondering how anyone could have used email as a form of internal communication.

There are so many reasons that Slack is amazing. Here are a few:
1) Easy, Efficient Messaging - Prior to our switch to Slack, email inboxes would be filled with short replies to internal communications that would have been better handled with a quick conversation. The Instant Messaging feel of Slack has allowed us to virtually eliminate all internal emails, keeping our inboxes client-focused and uncluttered.
2) Clear project communication - As an agency, we have a ton of diverse projects. Slack channels allow us to address only the relevant team with the right information at the right time, making it simple to keep a continual history of project communication and an easy vehicle for getting to the right information fast.
3) Amazing Client Collaboration - We LOVE the ability to invite our clients into a single channel for project communication. It's mostly an advantage for clients who already use Slack on a daily basis, but it makes all the difference and helps them feel as though we're always online for them.

Despite how great Slack is, there are a couple of road bumps to the experience:
1) Channels can get overwhelming, especially if you have lots of clients and internal teams. It would be so nice to have a foldered-system or some other way of grouping channels in order to not have to scroll to find them.
2) The icons at the top of the channels can be misleading and unclear. It's too easy to accidentally add a single-channel user to your entire company's Slack space without realizing it, and that presents an unintended area for exposure and potential liabilities.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Slack is the key to communication for our far-flung team.

Bewertet am 09.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Our team's communication has benefitted immensely from this software. We're not only able to communicate with one another much faster (rather than waiting days for an answer to an email, you can get an instantaneous reply to your question in Slack), but we're also able to keep in touch with each other with a much higher level of detail. We're aware of more of the day to day occurrences in each of our spheres, and feel like we have a much better sense of what each program area is up to. This is true even for simple logistics. At our nonprofit project site in Nepal, we used to have simple communication issues with people not getting the message that dinner was moved an hour later or a trip to the river had been planned. Now, one simple Slack message lets everyone know.

We're a nonprofit organization with employees on three different continents across five time zones, and Slack makes it feel like we're all in the room together. The problem with email and other instant messaging applications is that they're not very inclusive; if you leave someone off of an email chain by mistake, they're completely out of the loop. With Slack, on the other hand, you can post general updates that the whole team is immediately aware of. You also have a central archive of all your messages and documents and discussions, so your institutional memory doesn't walk away with various employees as they come and go from your organization. The channels allow us to make sure everyone on the admin team gets every admin update, everyone on the fundraising team gets every fundraising update, etc. We even add outside vendors and visitors to our project site to Slack as need be, because it's simply the best way to talk to any of us.

It's hard to think of downsides of Slack. I guess I wish it loaded faster when we're on a poor internet connection in a third world country, but that's only a problem occasionally. The only other thing I can think of is that messages can sometimes get lost in a stream of chatter, the way Facebook updates can get buried at the bottom of your newsfeed under less important posts. But I view that as a downside to any form of communication.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Slack is simply awesome, we use it pretty extensively in our organization

Bewertet am 30.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I use this software everyday and it helps me work very efficiently.
Its a one stop shop for keeping me in touch with my colleagues when we work from home, maintain group conversations, use channels (public or private), upload and share files, have important conversations, and monitor our systems via the use of slack bots.
I would highly recommend this product without a doubt.

1) Code snippets for various code languages (Slack does this the best).
2) Reply to a particular message and start a new thread.
3) Posts.
4) Private / public channels .
5) Slack calling and screen sharing.
6) Web hooks / slack bots (We use this for monitoring our system and health checks.
7) Address individual users using the @ or @channel or @here.
8) Pinning certain uploaded files to a channel or conversation.
9) File uploads itself are pretty smart themselves.
10) Group conversations.
11) Seamless connectivity from your phone.
12) Well designed status module which allows you to set customizable status messages .
13) Ability to snooze notifications.
14) Ability to be notified about channels, whenever someone mentions you with an @, etc
15) If you have not used /gif in slack, you not really used slack.
16) Video rendering within conversations is pretty neat.
and the list goes on....

1) Screen sharing module could be improved
2) Pencil / marker icon only available to viewers and not the presenter
3) When network connectivity is lost during screen sharing or calls, the reconnect feature doesn't seem to work really efficiently.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Slack stands out clear winner here and It changes the way we communicate within our team

Bewertet am 13.06.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Team collaboration become much easier and simpler because of its features.

* The best feature about slack is its channel and the direct messages user experience, very friendly and kind of easy to play around even when start using initially.
* Integration of apps feature is really great, where once you link the respective apps everything will be present here all at one place. Making life simpler
* Slack "Search" should definitely be highlighted here.Filter options search is very specific like conversations only with certain user, only in a certain channel, or any of several other filters .
* Slack in-built Call and File sharing/Code snippet is something which is great and used mostly everyday and works like charm.
* "Slack" be it Web/Android/Mac/IOS or even Linux. They have their apps available making it more of a reason to use and not to think about any restriction. Can use anywhere and everywhere
* Switching workspace is another killer feature that Slack has, allowing user to switch without being logout from one.

* It's slower sync on its startup makes it bit disappointed here. It's because It fetches all the data at once on load, so more the data higher the time it takes.
* Mobile push notification shows only top two items even if I keep receiving messages It still shows top two at the push making you to open the app to read all.
* Mac app Icon notification always shows the red dot even after clearing unread notifications,That makes you to miss seeing when you actually have one.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Booming, new way of team communication with a few annoyances

Bewertet am 26.01.2016
Quelle der Bewertung

If you're like me, you've probably heard all about Slack from different friends and businesses when it comes to how awesome it is with internal team communication. I'll admit that this is the reason why I first gave it a shot and while there are still a few bugs that I'll dive deeper into later, the platform is pretty cool and does a good job at helping you segment the different forms of communication you and your team has. Defining team communication channels is just one thing though. Slack integrates with a host of other business applications, making it more customizeable, helping your team be more efficient with their time and communication. Overall, it's not perfect but with help from their customer support and development team, it's getting there.

-Simple user interface similar to other, more established team communication applications like Skype. Also allows for more customization in channels and notifications.
-Powerful and intuitive tools like search channels tool and file uploading and preview tool make it easy for you to find what you're looking for and see it easily without a full download.
-Has a growing list of integrations with other business applications so that you can type a specific command into Slack and perform a task or action in the other, integrated area of your business. Makes it easy when you have items that you normally talk about in your team communications that then need to have some sort of follow-up or other process in another application.
-Customer service is attentive. If you're having an issue or wish there was a specific feature, you can easily open a ticket with them and they will do their best to help you out or pass on your thoughts.

-Between the Mac app and the PC app, Slack differs greatly, with Macs seeing the cooler functionality and overall better stuff earlier than PC's. This is something that Slack seems to be working on but it's still an annoyance. An example of this would be the ways in which you can be notified of a conversation by the Windows app. You can only see if you have a pending conversation by looking at a tiny ball in the bottom of your windows icon set instead of seeing a giant ball on your larger windows icon pinned to your taskbar like you can with a Mac.

Verteilung der Bewertung

A Project Manager's best friend!

Bewertet am 02.04.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Slack simplifies our project and office communication into one shared workspace. Extremely useful for teamwork and digital collaboration. Members that are new to the team / group are put up-to-speed with historical conversations or project archives since the search functionality is very powerful. We can even use it to add our external vendors without having to issue them our org account. Lastly, it helps to streamline our workflows via the Slack API and integrations with our other systems.

For large organizations, I think this is a must. Not only for communications, but also to increase employee engagement and culture building.

Ther are many integrations as well, like Salesforce (for our support monitoring) and Google Drive (for team space for our files) and Envoy (visitor management) among others.

You can use Slack via web browser or via a native app. I use Mac and the native app works flawlessly.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Has completely revolutionized how my team collaborates at work

Bewertet am 20.04.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

What I like most is the ease of use. The interface is incredibly intuitive. Sometimes it's hard to get everyone on the same page when working on projects because we're all dispersed around the office and can't always get face-to-face time. Slack changes this. When an issue with a topic arises, we can quickly create a channel to discuss it and resolve the problem within minutes. The bot integration is also incredibly helpful and is leagues above any other chat service. For new team members who may have common questions that are easily answerable, we can program custom responses, so that the bot can respond instead of us (meaning time isn't taken away from other members of the team).

Slack has done wonders to reduce email traffic. Not everyone needs to be looped in or CC'd on everything and Slack helps narrow the conversation to those that need to be involved. However, the issue is that while email still feels like a formal communication avenue, Slack feels very casual. It basically just feels like you are chatting with your friends. This means that some things that you would never put in email (crude language, etc) can sometimes get a pass in Slack. This isn't so much an issue with the program as it is an issue with human behavior. So, before integrating it into your team, make sure to layout clear etiquette rules.

Verteilung der Bewertung

Great tool for real time team communication. Integrates well with most of the 3rd party softwares.

Bewertet am 05.05.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Slack replaced skype for us, for plenty of obvious reasons. Group communication is most usable feature apart from traditional one-on-one chat and comes with user friendly interface. Additionally, I like private and public group option as well. Another cool option is message threads so that folks doesn't get distracted from topic of conversation. These threads open in side pane removing the chatter away from main conversation. Thus, you can keep tracks of multiple conversation at a time. Other conventional features like Slack audio, video call and screen sharing is also of pretty good quality. Slack also integrated well with most of the third party softwares. You can configure things like jenkins job's result or Jira status change to be published on Slack. You can also have sassy Bots on Slack for different usages like identify on-call person or customer issues.

You have to fine-tune this application settings for better notification otherwise it can become annoying at times. Occasionally, this software crashes but their is no data loss. Slack is useful for quickly checking on things, but it is troublesome channel for detailed discussions. Some conversations run longer than needed because people type together. On other note, I also miss functionality of copying an image and directly pasting it in Slack.

Verteilung der Bewertung

Disruptive communication tool. I mean it in both ways.

Bewertet am 24.05.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

1. Extremely easy to use.
2. Integrates with every single web app out there. For those who like to receive a live feed of Zendesk tickets, for example, it works wonders.
3. Easily connects groups of teams in their own private (or public) channels.
4. Do not disturb mode. I cannot tell you how important this is to your productivity.
5. Everything done in regards to the UI seems intuitive and the whole experience of trying to find something or setting up something just feels instinctive.
6. Highly customizable. Whether it's about customizing welcome messages, making your own emojis or making Slackbot do something for you, whatever it is you want to do with Slack, it just feels like you can.
7. Amazing potential of growth and many untapped features to find. Slack allows you to do so much (integrations, API, other paid features, ...). While other tools focus on being a one-man-show trying to offer everything in one place, Slack offers to be the maestro around whom every other piece of software (task management, project management, CS software, ...) revolves around, making communication paramount again.

It can be overwhelming and incredibly disruptive (in the bad way) in big teams.

Chat conversations should be short and sweet, but there's a general tendency to barrage a channel or a person with questions and extend them way beyond what it should be the normal length for a chat conversation.

Don't enable desktop notifications if your Slack activity is usually high. You won't be able to concentrate.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

I use Slack for all my internal communication at my small business.

Bewertet am 24.05.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I used to use Skype for business communication... And Skype was the worst. I had no idea how much better it could be. Skype had issues left and right. Slack showed me how much better communication software can be. It is so much more user-friendly and intuitive to use. When starting to use Slack it will guide you around and show you how to use it as you go. It has so much more functionality than alternatives. It is very reliable, and the desktop app and mobile app communicate with each other very well when you're switching back and forth between them. Sharing files is easy. The search functionality is great. Customizing your notifications is great. Setting up different threads and channels are very useful

Honestly, it is pretty hard to think about what I like the least. Slack is an excellent piece of software and their growth numbers illustrate it.
With that being said, Slack can sometimes be confusing because of how many different functions it can offer. Slack can integrate with other software programs and it can sometimes get confusing.
Having good Slack etiquette is a thing. People need to kind of be on the same page of how to use slack so that way they aren't blowing up other peoples notifications. The different threads in a conversation can sometimes be confusing for some employees.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Slack is an integral tool we use to communicate in our organization.

Bewertet am 05.06.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Nothing slows down your workday more than being bombarded by emails, particularly internal emails. One thing we do to reduce clutter is move all conversation into our online communication tool, Slack. Slack is a free online messaging service that brings all our communication together in one place. It's real-time messaging that even pushes to your phone when your computer is idle. Up to 10,000 messages are stored at a time for searchable chat history (more if you upgrade from the free version). You can split up your communication into channels meant for those who need to see it and it runs in the background of your computer without notifying you unless someone is talking directly to you. Slack allows you to star messages that forms a follow up action item list, add reactions to a message that allows the sender to know you have received it without the extraneous got it and thank you you get via email, as well as make conference calls/video chats directly inside of the program. We also integrated our online project management tool, Trello, into Slack that pushes real-time project updates for all to see as various team members check off items.

Very hard to find a con about this software! It integrates with so many features. Pricing is also very reasonable

Verteilung der Bewertung

My company would not be able to survive without slack!

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 10.05.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Fast, efficient, convenient communication, whether on my laptop or on the go. It increases the productivity of me individually and for my team immeasurably.

Slack is so incredibly easy to use. It does exactly what you need and is not any fancier or more complicated than it needs to be. My company uses slack as our primary communication platform (the only other thing we have is Outlook mail but that's really only used for client communications and big operational internal announcements). The channels are incredibly convenient AND the fact that you can join and leave is always helpful :) We have them for internal teams for our system of engagement, different client teams, volunteering opportunities, social marketing, birthdays, general ... you name it. That's also how we communicate with our IT contractors. How easy is that? Send a message to them on our #technology channel and get a response right away (and sometimes others are having the same problems so it's a kill many birds situation). I LOVE that you can (easily) upload files and share articles. We have a #thoughleadership channel where we share interesting business articles out to the team, for example. I use the desktop version, but find the cloud version just as good. AND bonus the app for your phone is great. I use it all the time. I've actually started using slack as a verb, when I mean things like group text ... "Yeah, I'll slack the girls and see what they're up to." And by slack, I meant text :)

Absolutely nothing to dislike about slack. I love it. My company would be lost without it and it will never be replaced with anything. Period.

Great Communication Tool

Bewertet am 21.06.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall this software is easy to use and incredibly helpful in streamlining conversation.

I loved using Slack. It allows you to easily keep track of files and conversations. You can create any number of group conversations and maintain control over who is able to see them making it a great tool for connecting with project teams, departments, individuals and clients. You can even include groups outside of the organization such as those used for trading ideas about industry topics without affecting anybody else slack group. It has a number of useful and fun functions from file sharing and comment tracking to goofy gifs that help lighten the mood. It lightens the load on your email inbox and allows you to connect remotely while enjoying the benefit of professional conversations, water cooler talk, and team brainstorming. It is easily searchable and is a tool I miss quite often now that I am working for a company that does not use it.

The version we used often ran out of space and I spent a lot of time deleting old files one at a time. It was very tedious. It is a bit distracting when you are in the middle of something and there is no way to discern from important chatter and simple noise. It is also not great for everyone especially team members who like traditional means of communications. This last issue can end up creating confusion if you are using multiple mediums to discuss a single topic.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

A fantastic tool for team communication.

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 14.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Easier, light-weight communication. Easier/cleaner than email. Get info from whoever has the answer, not just who you think has the answer.

Slack is a fantastic tool for team communication. You can create multiple channels for different topics/teams/projects. You can have your random/social discussions (e.g. fantasy football, politics) in channels separate from the rest of the important stuff.

There are lots of integrations that can be added.

Easy to upload files, pictures from Dropbox/Drive/OneDrive/local.

I really like the customizable emojis/reactions.

It allows for light-weight communication (like an IM) as opposed to heavy communication (like an email). @mentions makes it easy to make sure relevant people see what you're trying to communicate. You can comment on a post (creating a sort of sub-channel) without it interfering with the rest of the discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts.

There are restrictions (or at least cost barriers) to the number of integrations a team can have, amount of files/posts that can be maintained, etc. It would be nice to have a mid-tier pricing that lets you mix and match integrations, users, post-storage, etc.

There has been a lot of development in the team communication space and Slack was the primary driver of that. It will be interesting to see how Slack adapts to all of the new features being developed by other solutions. Features I would like to see: snoozing notifications, decisions, task creation/assignment (aka actions), ability to embed a channel into a website/intranet team page, groups, and sub-channels.

6.0/10

Great messaging tool for your company

Bewertet am 14.06.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The good thing about this tool is that you can access it from multiple platforms and devices. It supports both Mac and Windows and you can choose to access it from your browser or by installing the application locally.
In my opinion, the installed version works best, as happens with most similar platforms but the browser version provides you with the option to access anywhere you are.
The mobile versions of the tool work very well too, so that's definitely something to take into consideration.
One great thing about this tool is that you can create multiple channels and make them private if needed.
One other feature I found extremely useful is the fact that you can create reminders. These can come in multiple ways. To name a couple of options, you can set a reminder for a given message that you want to revisit the next day, for example. Or create a reminder to alert you every Thursday of your one-to-one meeting with your coworker.

The way you can enter emojis and format your text can be tricky at first if you don't know the tool, but once you do it's actually really fast to do so. On the plus side, there are multiple formatting options as strikethrough, bullet lists, code blocks or blockquotes.

Verteilung der Bewertung

Fast & Fun Communication, Basic or Complex Depending on Team's Abilities & Needs

Bewertet am 18.06.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Fast & easy communication between co-workers, departments and committees, helps keeps communication silo-ed into different channels for projects, fun integrations & serious business integrations both available.

Slack can be as simple as a basic messaging system or as complex as you make it. We can be as creative as we want with Slack through using integrations while keeping basic communication present throughout our team members. For example, our office has a Slack channel that calls out different co-workers randomly throughout the day with quick exercise tasks (like - Hey Amber! Do 5 jumping jacks!)

It makes talking to each other and communicating fun whether we're working on a project, planning a new office culture event or asking a co-worker a quick question. We're trying some fun integrations like Busterbot (workout app mentioned above) plus we're keeping our work on track with Hubspot notifications for marketing & sales in Slack. Lastly, creating unique channels for our projects helps keep communication in line and we can share messages, files, images, etc. in one spot.

Honestly, I can't say one bad thing about Slack. Our office wouldn't function without it and I would seriously recommend trying the free version.