Slack Bewertungen

Slack

Ein einziger Ort für Teamkommunikation und Arbeitsabläufe

4.6/5 (12166 Bewertungen)
Mit Google übersetzen

Slack is our top communication channel!

Bewertet am 21.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

1. Email is good, but Slack is better! The ability to easily communicate with the client's w/o loosing any valuable time good for both.

2. We have a very smooth experience using slack after making that shifting decision in the past. And so far we have had no regrets. For us slack is the number one tool for internal and external communication.

3. Slack is like a best friend to me as a Project Account Manager this tool is a must specially if you know how to use the build-in AI Support to help you keep loop on your daily task.

We have been using different communication tool to collaborate with our existing and the rest of our customers. All acknowledge the facts that keeping things together in loop specially in dealing with projects deliverables on time is very crucial for the overall progress. Email is the thing in the past and slack is the existing and future solution for team collaboration.

Slacks offers many features and one of the thing I liked is that it perfectly works will when combined with Trello automation.

I would like to list down below the things we loved the most after using slack for years now:

- It's Free!
- It's fantastically fast and works well with both browser & app version.
- The ability to login to multiple workspace using a single app!
- The ability to create private channels & guest (for Paid version we use this)
- The ability to automation task using Zapier
- and other many handful tools

Because of slack many of our manual and tedious work have been solved now we use the slack paid version for our high profile customers and the free version for internal use.

For us Slack is a perfect tool when it comes to usability, collaboration, and automation.

Our customers loved it!

In the past there was an issue with the Slack App version on Mac about lagging, but so far after few updates it was long gone. Honestly, we been using slack for many years now and if there by any issue or glitches it get's fixed immediately w/o you even noticing it.

Slack Team and Peer use

Bewertet am 1.2.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This is a piece of software I have used for many years now across multiple companies. And I still remember working at a company that was trying to find a good piece of software for team communications, but could never find or agree on one. The next company I moved to used slack, and I instantly thought, why did we never use this! It is something I always recommend for team communication, and compatibility to other systems, applications.

This is an extremely useful tool for communication within a workplace, as a developer, it allows easy and good formatting for code snippets, collaboration, uploading screenshots, files. You can DM individuals, or groups of people, setup Channels for specific groups.
It has apps available on all platforms, including mobile, so you can keep in discussions on the move.
What is especially great, is the ability to communicate with people outside of work. So you can keep in contact with people you meet or old colleagues on a designated slack url. I find this very useful for talking to people who have specific or more skills in areas to me, so I can gain advice and input from them.
The free usage policy is very good, and for small teams is ideal. On a large organisation, you will quickly hit you limit, and old messages will begin to be removed, so if this is important to keep, then its best to check out their paid for version.
It is a very feature rich application, with a very pleasant UI, and lots of support for adding apps to support it, such as integrating GitHub so slack can keep track of issues, messages and progress of git repositories, or best yet, including Giphy, so you team can have a ball sending random gifs to each other.

From what I can tell, there is no way to snooze notifications from specific DMs, as the snooze applies to all. Not ideal, as there is a DM with a group that is more social than work related, and it would be nice to set that to snooze, whilst remaining not on snooze via the other DMs, so anything work related still notifies me. There is a notify button though, so even if you are snoozed, and someone messages you, they can send a nudge to alert you, if its important.

Mit Google übersetzen

Communicate and be productive in a fun way

Bewertet am 1.2.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

If used properly and to the best interest o the company project and people, slack could be beneficial in communication, tracking and solving issues.

I use slack everyday at work and it is how we as the engineering team communicate with each other without disturbing each other's concentration and space. I started using slack 2 years ago and I can definitely see how easy it is to get stuff done and get the messages out to the team.
- Great for building trust among team
It's basically like a group messenger for work with additional benefits. It even allows GIFs which is pretty awesome. The team members are always on it and sharing each other's fun facts for the day and issues they ran into. it is great to get any new team member onboard really fast and part of the community. It makes people be engaged and part of the project in a much deeper level.
- Simple but powerful
There is not much to slack as it is a simple communication platform but it has incorporated some great tools to make it powerful. It has incorporated access to google drive so if you are using slack outside of work where the shared websites are not blocked it is definitely useful
- Speedy to resolve issues
Have an issue? share it on slack and see how your team members respond. Even though you may not reply to the conversation you are still learning at all times which I found was extremely beneficial.

Slack can be an issue if the team use it for more than just work most of the times,
- Steer away from the goal
many times I noticed team steered away from the actual work and conversation went a different direction. it is easy for that to happen when there are a lot of people in the group and bringing up different points.
- Needing to engage
We all want to be part of the conversation so sometimes that could lead to feeling left out or engaging too much.
- Not the goto method for comapnies
In my case it has always been just used as a side channel for communication so it doesn't really bring much to the table besides active informing.

Mit Google übersetzen

Looking for the BEST communication tool at work? Choose Slack!

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 18.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Slack is a very good tool that supports communication in a team. At work, I use it every day to communicate with my colleagues and I can't imagine working without this application. The transition to Slack itself is smooth and after a few moments each new person or team begins to appreciate its simplicity and functionality. I recommend it to anyone who works in a team.

I have been using Slack for over 8 months and one of the main reasons to use Slack is to limit e-mail communication.To be honest, in my work Slack has allowed me to completely stop using other messengers! I receive emails sporadically, about once a month,because the rest of the communication takes place on Slack. Everything in one place.

How many times have you received an email that was not supposed to be sent to you or some of the people involved in the work were not attached to it? It happened to me notoriously.
On Slack, you can create a channel where everyone involved in a given work can freely discuss. Great solution - the whole discussion in one place! If there is a need for more private discussion, you can create a group where only part of the team will be invited, or write a direct private message, such as on Skype, Lync, Messenger or Google Talks.

It is also worth mentioning, that Slack is not just an internet application. It is also a series of applications designed for various systems - Windows, Mac OS X, and mobile systems - Android and iOS. These applications offer the same possibilities as the web application, and support notifications, thanks to which the use of Slack is even more enjoyable!

I don't have much to say against Slack, but if I had to choose one thing, it would be definitely a file search. Finding anything, a file that was previously described in detail, is almost impossible. If I don't save a file at the time of receiving it, I can unfortunately forget about it, because finding it again is really difficult.

The Ultimate Tool for More Slack Time

Bewertet am 28.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Our company (software delivery solutions company – software industry) has been utilizing Slack for over three years to help both our internal and external teams keep organized. Our team often holds meeting remotely and works with distributed teams, sometimes even in other countries. Having the ability to communicate in one place has shown visible improvements in time and efficiency of getting our team work completed. Slack allows you to set up multiple “workplaces”. For example, we have one workplace we use for our external team and a secondary workplace for our primary, internal team. This helps us keep the responsibilities we share in each team separate of each other. Within each workspace you can create separate channels based on a particular group or topic and invite specific members who pertain to it. You also have a channel that enables everyone in that workspace to communicate within one area and/or you chat directly with one individual from that workspace (which would not be visible to anyone else). Slack’s search features are very helpful and work much like Google. You can also specify your search’s by choosing an individual, date, or key phrase to search for. Uploading and sharing PDFs, Excel, PPTs, etc. is also supported and can be easily shared among others. We rely heavily on Google as our file storage system. The free version of Slack provides you with the option to connect it to your Google Drive account so you are notified, with a link, when anyone share

Because we are currently utilizing the free plan for a fairly small to mid-sized team we often run into storage problems. When this happens, the only option you have available is to have each team member go in and delete EACH file individually. This is very tedious and time consuming and can take hours to delete 500 files (tip: keep up with it or do searches to make sure you don’t upload the same files that have already been uploaded to Slack). You can also clear more storage by having the admin delete messages from your teams’ shared messaging area, or what we recognize as our case, “general” channel.

Having the ability to look back into your history is very handy. I would strongly recommend the Standard Slack plan for those who have the extra wiggle room in their budget – which provides unlimited search history and app integration.

I currently utilize the desktop application of Slack, so that it is always on my tool bar and easy to access on the daily; however, it prone to timing out when losing internet connection.

Slack for Team Communication

Bewertet am 15.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We use Slack as an internal team communicate tool for transparency of discussions with team members in multiple time zones and also to encourage team bonding. Direct messaging is also conveniently located here and since most of the devs on my team don't actual bother to login to the company mandated direct messaging team, it's easier to get ahold of them.

My previous experience with group real-time communication was IRC. As an employee who had just barely gotten their toes wet using terminal, IRC was intimidating to run and intimidating to find any past conversations because searching it required terminal commands and a third party plugin to just login. It also did not retain history when you signed off, so as one who is on a team that includes people in no fewer than 3 time zones, I often missed communication when I went home. It took some prodding to get our team onto Slack, but once we were on all, we didn't look back. Slack's support of custom bots was, ironically, one of the determining factors for migrating, but we heavily use the drag and drop interface to share files and images all the time, and also push out GitHub notifications from cli testing into our channels. Being able to pin resources to channels and having the little channel blurb at the top has also allowed us to sub-divide into teams and have critical resources for each team (ticket tracking, zoom link, etc) at the top.

I'd say the one downside I feel about Slack is that while they did do a good job improving their search, I still find myself struggling to find things I know I favorited and I can't search favorites. I also wish I was able to tag favorites with my own set of tags.

Slack- Your Best Friend

Bewertet am 29.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, this is a great way to communicate in a work place for all sizes. If you are a new business and want to test this out I would highly recommend doing so. I know several organizations that use slack and I have never heard a negative review about this software.

This is a great and easy way to communicate with staff and employees, especially if this a remote company or you have workers or work remotely. You can set up different channels to keep conversations organized, which also allows you to customize who can see each channel. There is a great new feature that allows you to be invited into another company's slack channel, which is very helpful if you work with different organizations. (this feature only works if both companies have the paid version) Another pro is that you can share anything through slack such as files, videos, pictures, zip-files, etc. This is a fast and effective way I communicate with our web designer by sharing photos, videos, urls, files, and more. The best feature is the app. I download it onto my Iphone and don't miss a thing. It also will notify you if you want to when a new message is posted. The app is so easy to use and functions just as well as the desktop version.

One con of this software is that if you have the free version you only have a limited amount of storage. If you do not send a lot of files and documents than this version should be fine. You can delete files if it gets close to reaching the storage maximum, but if you use this on a daily basis I would recommend buying the premium version. This gives you unlimited storage and space. Also, I wish that new feature of adding other companies to different channels externally worked on all slack versions, not just the paid version. This is a great feature that everyone would love to use.

Mit Google übersetzen

Even the free version of Slack is incredibly useful and feels complete

Bewertet am 27.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My overall experience with Slack is that it is a very solid virtual workspace for your team. It does seem more geared toward workplace functionality than other similar options such as Discord, which seems to work better for gaming. The control that an admin user has is unparalleled, and it makes file sharing a breeze. The free version is more than ample for any team at work that doesn't want to jump through hoops to get their organization to pony up for the full version, and feels complete as is and not like you're constantly being bombarded to upgrade. There are a few drawbacks such as such reliance on third party widgets for some functionality, but even that is a mild gripe and the army of available widgets to choose from makes up for it. Slack is a great product.

The thing that I like the best about the Slack software is the fact that even the free version of the application (which is the one that we use) has an abundance of features. The biggest drawback of not paying for the software is that older messages are not archived forever and will be deleted as space is required. However, I have found that there is months worth of conversation still stored in the app, which for our purposes is more than enough.

The thing I like least about Slack is that a lot of the extensive functionality, such as polling your users, is done through third party widgets. While this does make for an extensive list of things that you can do in Slack that's too much for the developers of Slack themselves to realistically keep up with, the quality of these widgets are varying and you sometimes have to search through and then test out multiple ones before finding one that works perfectly for your needs.

Don't think Get Slack

Bewertet am 27.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I would like to say that for team collaboration and channel managment, you should definitely go with Slack. There are so many benefits I have got by using Slack.

The best thing about slack is , it keeps you updated with the team collaboration with updated features where you can make your work done.

Apart from that Slack gives you a status feataure to write about yourself for a line or 2 lines sentence. When you are communicating with someone then he/she can see your status sentence. You can edit or clear your status by clicking on your name to the top left sidebar.

Another feature which I liked is when you slack messages are loading there is a random person's status is loaded infront of your screen so that You can get to know about his/her slack status.

Before proceeding for collaboration with your team or person, slack provides its SlackBot to get started with Slack basics so that you can have proper idea to use slack.

One more thing I liked is, slack gives you the notification feature for giving you updates regarding slack messages. You can send messages to yourself which will not be vanished from your slack account. This way you can keep important messages to your personal chatbox.

If you send a piece of Code then it will convert automatically to that code format to understand easily.

Whenever your message is read by someone, then you will not know if that person has read your message or not.
After sending messages to a person, and if a person has not read the message , and you delete the message then that person won't be able to know what message you have sent.
After sometime (Appox : 10 days) , the slack conversaion gets deleted from your account unless you don't have subscribed.
Voice Communication needs to be there in Slack.

Also there are no calender and documents features in Slack.

It uses more memory in Desktop.

Task assignment is yet to be there.

Indispensable work tool

Bewertet am 21.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Working at a company that has 300+ employees and offices in 5 locations worldwide, it is essential to have a platform that allows for flexible communication on various levels, starting with 1 to 1 chats and small group conversations, ending with team & global company channels. I started using Slack almost 2 years ago, and it has been an inseparable part of my work since then. It is simple enough to start using right away, but at the same time offers a wide variety of features and tools to get things going fast and efficient. Overall, it's a great experience and well worth the money if you're considering this for your business.

Slack makes the workflow easy by providing the necessary tools to stay on track with projects. Here are some of my personal favorites from its rich toolkit: clustered unread messages; marking messages as unread to return to them later; scheduled reminders (to yourself and others); starred items; threads; ability to integrate Google Drive, Jira, etc.

The reminder feature is a lifesaver. My daily tasks sometimes reach ridiculous numbers, so the friendly Slack bot always helps me remember about important weekly meetings or updates that I owe to different teams.

Threads are an essential component of my workflow as well. As I actively communicate in more than 30 different channels across the company daily, for me keeping it clean and having comments gathered in one place is very important.

Status updates make it very easy to see if a person is out of office, and the recent option to set a specific time period for the vacay status makes this feature even handier.

I've also used the call feature for my overseas conference calls and it has been quite useful as well, especially when you're used to taking notes right in Slack.

In terms of interface and functionality, the software is very clean and simple and is very easy to use. Channel setup, settings and search system might be a bit complicated at the first glance, but you get used to it once you poke around a little.

I have experienced some connectivity and slow loading issues with Slack and those have probably been the most inconvenient issues to deal with. Aside from that, Slack notifications sometimes tend to be quite intrusive and can really distract from the work at the moment, especially if you have many people messaging you at the same time. I have figured, that disabling the popup notification helps a lot in this case. Having only the badge with notifications count on Slack icon makes you feel a bit more free in your actions and allows to get back to messages whenever you feel that you are done with your task at hand.

Excellent Internal and External Messaging Application

Bewertet am 19.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, Slack is a top-tier messaging application with a lot a fun and practical capabilities. The Slack mobile app is also very well built and user friendly, and integrates nicely with both Android and Apple operating systems. When compared to other IM applications we've used such a Google Hangouts or HipChat, Slack proves to be the superior and preferred interface in terms of both quality and feature capacity. I would definitely recommend this application for both business and personal use.

Slack has incredible integration capabilities, and can connect to a large percentage of other project management and operations software applications. Our of office, for example, we utilize its connectivity to Pingboard, JIRA, and Zendesk to make internal communication both thorough and seamless. It also has great external communications capabilities, and you can set up multiple teams with in a single application, and give each team its own individual permissions settings. On the lighter side, Slack offers fun and entertaining features such a giphy integration and surveys/polling, which are frequently used at our office.

Slack tends to have intermittent connectivity issues, which can be detrimental to workflow, especially if your company has remote employees. My company experienced several service interruptions over the past year, where Slack has gone down for multiple hours at a time, forcing us to resort to other means of communication (email, phone, Google Hangouts, etc.). The quality of Slack's call capability is also spotty, at best. I regularly choose other means of voice communication because I have consistent concerns about the audio quality of any given conversation taking place over Slack phone.

Mit Google übersetzen

Ultimate place for communication strengthening our Business style

Bewertet am 11.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

High Availability: it provides multiple modes of the communications. we can setup channels for the specific topics send messages directly to one and many at same time
search function: one place we can search all the required apps rather than nesting in different tools
Ability to share emoji making the communication funny and attractive.
Best UI and all the required apps at one place

This slack is great for real time group discussions and it has large varieties of the integrations which includes different varieties like Google drive and it has capabilities to include large number of people to communicate at same time. Almost all the big and small organisations are utilizing in expanding their business strategies and productivity. The best of slack is it has an option of the private chat group where only the authorized and permitted members can join and have secure communication. Slack has large variety of the options like snippet exchange file exchange and we can easily create slack bots for our communication with all the elegant features. it sends the push notifications to mobile if it founds message is unread for lot amount of time. I recommend for all the companies to utilize and expand growth in business slack will be best tool it is easy simple secure and with less cost.

The least of this software is there is no calendar which is what we are expecting in the next upgrade a part from that there is no voice call features to communicate. Looking for the preview options in the slack as every time the files need to be downloaded from slack a part from that if there is a preview option the file can be made with pdf this could be much more helpful

Communication for (Cool) Professionals

Bewertet am 4.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We can definitely communicate with almost no exceptions. It takes the "where is this person" out of the equation as you can just send them a message and know when they come online and see it. The benefits to not just sitting and waiting on an answered email are endless.

I don't remember how my team communicated before Slack. It keeps my coworkers connected in and out of the office. It cuts down on our emails and makes communication easy. There are a lot of apps and integrations that can be added to automate processes. You can integrate project management tools, Google Docs, Spotify, Canto DAM, Giphy for some fun with coworkers and so many more.

I love that I can drag and drop files, images and videos into slack to share with my coworkers. In addition, slack allows free integration with many other tools out there. My peers who are software developers talk about how easy it is in the backend for integration.

Slack is easy to use and has great built in functions for notifications. It has really been extremely helpful to get multiple departments talking at times and keep each department informed while not in the same location. The ability to upload files makes it easy to share ideas.

The Screen sharing could be improved, along with mic recognizing.

When network connectivity is lost during screen sharing or calls, the reconnect feature doesn't seem to work really efficiently.

My biggest complaint is that Slack makes you way too available. You're expected to know whats going on whether you are at home sick or in the office working.

Sometimes the app on the phone won't clear your notifications even after reading or checking through them.

Mit Google übersetzen

Incredibly well built and valuable --- also easily a time suck

Bewertet am 3.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We used slack as a company both to facilitate communication across all teams (a tech start up that grew from 20 people to 120 people while I was there) and run basic options (e.g. submit bugs to the product team).

It helped us build a strong culture of bonding over personal news broadcasts and basic company updates, and also improved our productivity in certain processes. In other aspects, it was definitely a huge distraction. I would say it's worth integrating with clear guidelines for etiquette.

Once you get the hang of it, it's really well designed, easy to use and really fun. They have so many integrations that make it easy to customize it for a company and yet let each individual employee personalize it for themselves (names, gifs, emoji's, etc).

It's a streamlined way to get a simple answer back or stay in touch with employees you don't happen to be sitting next to. You avoid email overload.

It can be a HUGE time suck and it was very hard to be off slack at any point.

This is probably company dependent, but I was as a tech start-up and it was so easy to spend hours of my day messaging people about work or non-work related topics. This can be fine, unless you're trying to get something meaningful done. People would slack during meetings rather than be fully present. That made no sense to me -- if you're going to be in a meeting, BE in a meeting.

I also felt like I couldn't get off slack on nights and weekends. Again -- that's a company wide decision, but there was an aspect of slack like texting that made people felt like they had to respond when they got a message. Even if you don't respond, it still drives up anxiety to have notifications pop up.

Mit Google übersetzen

Got you covered in case you work in distributed teams

Bewertet am 24.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Slack was a real breakthrough for us in regards to communicating as a team and a company. We use it daily and intensely so. The team behind the software obviously is using it itself and has a keen eye on what would be a helpful feature and what a distracting nuisance. For me it seems as if someone who really has the same communication requirements as ourselves is developing a software to cover exactly these. We hold Slack in high regard and anyone I know who is using it agrees, Slack is THE Communication and Collaboration tool we were waiting for. Furthermore it keeps improving and growing and sensibly so.

We work in distributed (software) teams for more than 10 years now. We always had the need to communicate synchronously and asynchronously and used a lot of different tools, as for example Skype or all kinds of other text/voice chat solutions. It all worked okayish. The issue was, none of the tools were able to give us the whole bunch of features (and do so conveniently). You want to chat via text, you want to make calls, ant conference calls, and you wish to share your desktop, ideally throw a couple of files at your colleagues. Also, wouldn't it be great if you could mark things your colleagues said and make your chat program remind you tomorrow. Or remind someone else about something you said or generally do simple task handling inside your communication platform. Ideally synchronized flawlessly with your Desktop, Web and (native) mobile clients. It all is there and it is fun to use, ready to be used instantly (as a service). Additionally Slack managed believably to diffuse concerns regarding administrators or managers to eavesdrop on the communication between employees by keeping the procedure for privacy transparent.
Also Slack makes a point in combining its technical excellence with a humorous approach towards its users and Administrators. Furthermore there is a rich Ecosystem of Plugins, Extensions and Modules to, for example notify specific teams in case of an event such as a Blog Post in the internal company Blog or an alarm from a monitored server.

Some of the features were more a distraction and we had to pick what to use and what to remove. This is not a real issue with the software itself but rather something that enforced us to discuss topics like - humorous chatbot comments ... a distraction or desireable? As with many Software products you use as a service, sometimes they break and all of a sudden all you can do is wait until it works again. It happened only once or twice since we used Slack so this is not really an issue. In General, it is hard to think about anything to complain about regarding Slack.

A Collaborative Communication Tool

Bewertet am 1.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, I've been very happy with Slack. I have people who often work remotely, and being able to have a centralized, searchable space for conversation that can be delineated by topic is a lifesaver in a lot of situations. We are often working on multiple projects with multiple stakeholders, so keeping those conversations clear is essential. But what I like in particular about Slack is the integrations that make the space fun. There is a default random channel that is created, and being able to have a channel in Slack where my employees can post random gifs or talk about off-topic items has not only helped build rapport throughout the whole team, but as also made Slack become a more integrated part of our entire team structure. Employees can bring more of themselves to work through Slack, and that makes my team work better and more effectively.

Slack has helped my team communicate more effectively and work together more collaboratively than we were able to before. Channels are the best feature for our team. They help us keep our conversations segmented so that we can find information easily and share it with only those who need to know. Since I use Slack with internal team members and external collaborators, it also helps me keep communication with others in my organization who don't work directly with me but with whom I need to communicate on a regular basis.

The onboarding process is still a bit difficult. It's hard to explain what Slack is to others who aren't familiar with it, and the learning curve can be a bit steep, especially for those who are most comfortable communicating via email. I've had difficulty getting some external collaborators to use it because of that barrier.

Mit Google übersetzen

Slack is very useful... Specially if you pay!

Bewertet am 25.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I think Slack is very good for team communication, though not "the only answer". I say this because, for example, it isn't the most appropriate tool to handle team wide calls.

It's worth to pay for it if you need to access your history files and conversations.

I really like the way Slack enables team communication. I have used Slack in both paid/free versions.

I used the free version (limited storage for conversations and files) in a 40 people co-located team. It was very good for short interactions and immediate file sharing. We had a link with Jira, so we were always seeing issues being updated and such. Previously, we had Trello and it work very good too.

I currently use the paid version in a remote team and it's our day to day communication means. We have linked GitHub to have a "center monitor" for created issues, pull requests, etc. Also, all of the alerts, regarding website functionality/life are connected in real-time to Slack, so we never miss an alert.

It's very useful to have the paid version as it holds the whole conversation and file history. It's very easy to use the search function to find my own files or even things that were discussed in conversations.

After a while (or update, I'm not sure) using the free version, the storage of conversations and/or files didn't lasted much. So, if you had a conversation last week, forget about going back to that.

Also, in the free version it feels very much as if your files and conversations are held as hostages.

I think there are still some integrations that needed to be improved, for example, when I accidentally accepted to show previews of GitHub issues I couldn't find a way to turn it off (or an easy way, at least.)

Quick, Organized Messaging and High Functionality

Bewertet am 5.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Despite the time it took to get accustomed to the software and the constant teaching we have to do for new members of our team on how to best use it, I'm so glad that we switched to Slack. It works for us because we have minimal use for emails and are frequently messaging about things that require quick responses from many people. I have only used it on a team of 40+ people for part-time community organizing, not a full-time job or project, but it has reduced so much stress and greatly increased our productivity and communication. Plus, we can have separate channels just for jokes or recipes, so it adds a fun element to our work without ONE MORE EMAIL in everyone's inbox.

Slack helps our team of 40+ people stay organized and on task. I'm not an early tech adopter, but I LOVE having my email inbox NOT inundated constantly with various subjects and to-dos. In fact, we never use email for our team, with the exception of occasional messages that come in from someone outside of our organization that we all need to discuss (and even then, copy and pasting it into Slack often yields better results and responses!). Slack has the level of organization (through both separate channels and also individual threads/discussions within each channel) that email lacks, with practically the ease of texting if you are using the phone app. Within the computer app, the separateness of the software from a web browser minimizes distractions while working within the app, although it does require switching back and forth between the two if additional info is needed.

Slack does have a significant learning curve, especially with all of the special functions that are possible within the app; our team uses very few of the special functions because they aren't immediately intuitive and we haven't taken the time to get trained on them. Channels can get cluttered quickly if threads are not utilize properly, and it can take time to scroll back through the channel to find posts (although there is a search function). Also, it's a small thing, but we use the emoji "reaction" function regularly to post Yes/No questions, vote for approval on proposals (Thumbs up!), etc., but Slack does not currently notify posters of emoji "reactions" to their posts; they just have to go to the app to see whether anyone has responded or not.

Mit Google übersetzen

All in one collaboration for non-traditional offices

Bewertet am 13.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Overall, wonderful company. I’ve been with them for 2 years. Incredible updates to this software in that time. It’s so integrated into my company because I don’t have a traditional office. My team is spread out all over the state.

You have everyone together in one place
You can set up multiple projects or companies under one log in with different users set at different administrative statuses to limit access to different employee levels
Real time follow up
Keeps the team interactive which increases productivity and progress
Navigating from one team or company or project to another is very easy using the desktop app
Very productive when your team is not located all in the same physical office - that’s its major benefit. The monthly cost of this software is a fraction of paying for office space. All the messages are archived so you can always go back and review anything you want or follow up on any outstanding issues.
Immediate feedback from your team. Constantly getting the most updated info for your projects and/or teams.

If you don’t download the desktop app and only use the website, it can be difficult switching between projects or companies or team
You will need the app to ease the navigation of the software
If you have a physical office that everyone goes to, then this will still be helpful as a follow up but you would really get the full potential of this software
Sometimes it becomes a social platform that your employees get lost in talking about non-work topics and end up spending hours chatting. Personally, I think that if you have a physical office, you will need to make sure to set boundaries on usage and only use it as a follow up but again depending on your number of users, may not be worth the monthly.
Also, if you have some users and/or employees who are not tech savvy or don’t use messengers on a regular basis, this will be hard to intergrate that person. It only works when people are active on the software and use it as your main line of communication. If some users and mixing between emails and slack, then you will be missing out on a lot of communication and will result in some miscommunication

Slack Review

Bewertet am 7.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall I don't know how we would function without Slack. It is a key component of our company workflow and with all the integrations available with Slack, we're being more productive, seeing less in our inbox, and getting work done faster and efficiently. We will likely move up to the paid version soon, since there are additional function's we'd like to use (like accessing archived conversations and files). I would recommend Slack to everyone - I even use it personally in place of other messaging apps!

I love how easy Slack is to use. It's extremely user friendly with a familiar interface. If you ever used AIM (instant messenger) or iChat in the past, Slack will feel very similar.

I also love that we can drag and drop to share large files in Slack. When working in a fast environment where things like presentations or creative need to be reviewed around quickly, but are too large to email, Slack is a really handy tool.

Also, the ability to share code snippets without the formatting getting lost is huge while working with development teams. Excellent foresight by the Slack engineers to include this functionality.

Finally, Slack bot responses! I was able to set up responses for lost passwords and logins for our team, as well as basics like team member phone numbers, or birthdays, so we aren't digging through address books and instead we can just quickly ask Slack for help. It's really great.

One thing that's actually really frustrating is not having control over deleting conversations. As with any direct messaging app, there's an expectation of privacy between those two people. However, it's really unclear if upper management can ever access these direct messages. As such, I know a number of people who had tried to mass-delete threads (in the event mgmt could read them) but it wasn't possible in the free version of Slack (and I'm unsure if it's even available in the paid version).

There are third party apps to help delete comments, but it'll only do yours and not the entire thread. It would be helpful for employees to know exactly how private their direct messages are, and have the ability to delete content they want to.

Also, being able to have the slack bot responses work in direct messages, and not just open channels, would be nice. Being in a playful environment, different groups have added various, secret, slack bot responses, but most of our communication happens in direct messages and not in the open channels. As such we lose out of this fun functionality.

Mit Google übersetzen

Slack - Fastest way to communicate internally!

Bewertet am 10.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, Slack is a communication king. It acts as a one tool for all and seamlessly allows multiple integrations with so many third party applications. All of its content are searchable, pinnable and configurable to your personal preference. Slack makes file sharing easy across all conversations and is available for across multi platform.

Slack is a communication tool for all employees in one place. I love how we are able to start a channel to talk about a specific project or chat to individual people. In my life of field i work in multiple different department from various different time zones but Slack unites all of us together. You are also able to integrate a lot of third party tools to help your conversations. I very much use the Gdoc integration and the conversation pinning functionality - I'd like to keep the more important up to date information on top of the chat thread.

You are also able to access Slack from majority of the devices, there is a nifty Desktop App, equally better mobile app and a web app all of them can be configured differently. For example, if you do not want a notification on your mobile but instead you want to follow the conversation on desktop - Boom, its possible and you can configure it all.

There are couple things Slack could improve. Firstly, Slack needs to allow their users to import table - if you are copy pasting an information from a table, Slack is not able to dissect that which is really a downer. The other being, connection issues, lately Slack has been having some connection issues whereby it is the only software in your system to not connect to the internet.

Mit Google übersetzen

One of the Best Tools for Communication!

Bewertet am 1.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I owned a company that had quite a few people working for us that were overseas and communication was key. We started using slack and it greatly improved productivity, communication, and clarity. It was very simple to learn and use for everyone in the company. It is essentially a productivity social network for a business.
You can pin important announcements and topics to the top for everyone to see. Anybody can tag anybody or a group of people in the discussion. When you tag someone you know they will receive the message because they will get a notification they have been tagged. We set up multiple channels for all of the departments such as marketing, development, management etc. Having multiple channels is convenient for everyone so that they only see relevant information.
You can archive all of the channels or particular channels for your internal records. The search feature is nice if you ever need to go back to see what was said previous. Slack integrates to almost any other software as well. We had ours integrated to Dropbox and Trello. If you use any other mainstream software then there is a high likeliness that slack integrates with it.
The app for Slack works with IOS or Android. The app works flawlessly when we used it and it was very useful. I used the app almost more than I did the desktop client. Whenever someone tags you or pins something then you will get a notification on the app. You can also change app notification settings.

The only drawback I have found with Slack is the video chat feature. It may have improved since I last used this feature but it seems to have some bugs. It would drop calls or the quality would be poor. We ended up having to use Zoom or Google hangout for the video chat. However, it is convenient within the video chat you can screen share.

Mit Google übersetzen

A great tool to collaborate with far away international experts in a comfortable and powerful way

Bewertet am 25.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Thanks to this software, I keep connection with a network of international experts from everywhere on a passionate subject that we continue to build together, including rich conversations , sharing documents and setup workshops all around the world.

The user interface is really elegant and powerful. I particularly appreciate the 3 pane display that allows me to see which channel have updates so I can easily switch and the right pane to see content of a thread or search results without loosing my context.

I also really appreciate the possibility to add our own set of icons. In our case its particularly useful since our group discuss about methods that have their own icons.

The direct message module is very useful and clearly identified as separate elements so there are no risks to mix it with other conversations.

Sharing documents is quite easy and the preview helps a lot when you are searching for a specific document previously uploaded.

The search functionality works well and search results are clearly displayed.

Last but not least, the windows application is very useful and I appreciate to have a separate application instead of a browser tab dedicate to it.

Switching from a workspace to another one is always confusing for me. Never sure about how to use it correctly without loosing an update.

Seems to be a recent change, but search results are now displayed in a popup window, then you select one result and you are redirected to the thread and loose the list of results. It's quite disturbing for me and I still have to learn how to use it in a comfortable manner.

I'm also puzzled by the 'All thread' view where I'm always lost. You can scroll up and down and you never know exactly where you are. Maybe it's useful for other people but for me the best views are the Channels.

Mit Google übersetzen

Good communications tool for large businesses

Bewertet am 18.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Easier and more casual communication between teams. Ability to take more issues at once without having to move around the building too much. Overall, I believe it improves efficiency and eases mental loads.

This is a good piece of software if you have multiple teams that need to communicate in real time. In our company, we have teams across different buildings communicate casually in the back-ground whilst work is on-going.

This is very handy if you have questions or tasks that need following up, as you are able to send notifications that are more visible than an email but not as intrusive as a face to face request.

This tool is particularly good for IT teams or employees who need to exchange files with real-time conversation, especially as 3rd parties can join channels as well. The ability to make private channels and have private conversations also allow for a degree of privacy where needed.

With there being both desktop and mobile versions of the app it is easy to take work on the go, great for if you remote work or are allowed agile working.

Lastly, there are some cool customisation features that allow a casual feel to the place, which is a must in any modern working environment.

The desktop/mobile versions of the app work fine. However, if you're in a VDI work setup and have to use the browser version you will probably experience some lag. You're machine will need some decent RAM to be able to cope when the chats get large and multiple conversations are occurring at once. When I say decent RAM, I mean not an ageing office computer.

If you have the FREE version you can expect older conversations to disappear, so if history and file space is important to you you'll need a paid version.

Mit Google übersetzen

Slack is the ultimate E-mail killer

Bewertet am 10.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It's almost completely replaced Email within our business, it's amazing and handled nearly everything we have thrown at it so far. It helps us connect with multi-site colleagues and with our publishers.

Slack is a tool that allows you to ditch e-mail in your work environment, probably for good. Since we implemented an internal Slack office environment (after about 5 minutes of setting it up) - We've found that our E-mail amount has plummeted to almost zero.
Day to day chats, tasks, discussions, updates everything is now usually carried out of Slack now, we have every employee using the Slack App (as well as the windows Desktop APP) and they both work brilliantly, allowing our staff to keep up to date when out of the office on the road.
Every time we've challenged Slack to fit into another area of our company structure, it's passed with flying colours, we've implemented a few simple bot's that track peoples work, (again not too difficult to set up if you're a programmer) - I cannot recommend it any higher, if your organisation isn't using Slack then you're definitely not as efficient as you could be.

We've since joined a few 'group' industry slacks which keep is contact with tens of thousands of people within our sector, we can ask for knowledge, advice, or simply post job adverts all through a simple chat program. It's definitely opened doors that we wouldn't have even known about before, as well as helped us get in touch with friends, old colleagues, and new potential hires. All by joining a relevant industry based Slack channel.

It has deep integration with most other software out there, (Trello, Google Docs, Calendars, etc) - It's amazing and highly recommended.

There really isn't much we don't like about Slack, it can become a bit of a distraction at times if you don't manage the alerts and notifications properly.

I guess on a personal level, it also makes it harder to disconnect from work when out of office hours as there's always a form of communication available. None of these criticisms really fall on Slack however, and more on our work culture and rules.