Kounta

Richard M.

Great Product

Bewertet am 13.1.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: GetApp

Being a Hospitality professional for 20 years I have dealt with numerous POS systems. Kounta is relatively straight forward and has the functionality and flexibility to run your business with ease.

The support offered by Kounta day and night has been at an exceptional standard. The understanding and support during setup, implementation and to now has been a suprise in this all to modern world. This holistic approach will keep Kounta ahead of the pack for quite some time.

Some of the language with respect to Hospitality is not not necessarily how we refer to how things are done in my experience however it is only a minor issue.

Evan J.
Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Highly adaptable and intuitive POS

Bewertet am 22.3.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Kounta as a POS system has been able to grow with us, providing flexibility and ease of use that is a massive relief when you have the pressures of an expanding business to contend with.

The ability to simply add or subtract registers, combined with the functionality of a internet based system makes change relatively pain free. Wireless waiter stations, Albert pay terminals, Bluetooth printers (which I don't have but am excited about and will probably get), its all so easy to use.

Why pay thousands of dollars in cabling, installation costs and labour in setting up your system? Good question - i'm not sure! Just research what you want - call Kounta, put it in and download the software... add your products, tailor it the way you want, and go for it!

Ease of alteration and basic use for staff

The back end of product input is a little cumbersome - a simply category/sub-category/sub-sub category system works best. Sometimes this is represented by Department/category/sub-category either way, it is far more flexible for product input, button organisation and more granular for reporting.

Jimmy P.

Horrendous POS System.

Bewertet am 28.6.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS!!! MOVE ON TO THE NEXT!

Nothing to say here. There is nothing good about this system except for the promptness of my customer service, who usually has bad news. But as I now understand my customer service rep doesn't ACTUALLY work for Kounta, she works for the company that sold it to me. I wish they would have sold me one of their other POS options.

Server level order control is an upgrade, they don't tell you that when purchasing, even though that is one of the most basic things. Check splitting is the most laborious I have ever experienced, if you have a table that needs multiple splits get them a refill of their coffee because it will take a while. No over all system close out, no way to re-open a check. In lieu of that simple option they have a refund button, but, guess what if you had multiple pay types IE Cash and CC that doesn't work, can only refund whole amount to one pay type, which then screws up the server report(one of the biggest reasons to have a POS system) Integrated credit card system has worst customer service ever. If you need to get someone after 9 good luck. Randomly loses checks! Have no idea how that happens but if you are on a check and the system reloads(which it does a lot) bye bye order!

Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Not worthed as the expensive price

Bewertet am 28.2.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I know amount that i calculate manual in every type of payment are balance or not because kounta showing it amount minus or over, so we can double check before we accept to close cashier or shift.

Display of the pos is look modern and kounta can create recipen and inventory and back office. Pso system complet with back office.

Actually they have good features in back office for reporting. But not as good as inventory system by itself. First, POS system not completly all transaction is automaticly show in the report when want to do closing cashier (shift), like we need to do manual calculated some other transaction except cash like card and gofood payment as i used to. Because you have to submit all your type of payment on closing time then you will get report that will show your manual calculted are balance or not, split bill need to do by amount not by item, mostly apps that i was using were by item. Second, we need to buy with additional charge to get more features that we can see more details report (like insight and purchase) and that is expensive. If you dont buy, you will not get clear report as you need for analyzing restaurant performance. Third, menu item that you sell and item only you use for recipe are the same product list. Fourth, service charge and tax calculations are confusing to get the right amount. Every report that you want to dowbload as csv as not that correct way as csv.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 7.0/10

Emma I.

Great system

Bewertet am 28.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Great easy system to use. Easy to change payment methods and products and downloading and updating on excel also possible. Just starting to sync with Xero so that’s good too. Customer support really has improved massively since we started using it 2 years ago. I would recommend as a good all rounder.

Reporting in close detail has been a tricky one but with Kounta insights it seems to be improving although I think it’s still work in progress.

Gazebo R.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Absolutely fantastic product, team, and set up.

Bewertet am 14.2.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

While originally using a completely outdated and problematic POS system, we were put in touch with the team at Kounta. They were explained as being the most genuine team in the business, but always on hand to help and with a system which really spoke for itself.

Not only was the recommendation totally correct, I am now the one spreading the word of just how simple the transition was, and how happy we are with the product.

Not only is it a really easy system to set up and organise, especially with the helpful team over at Tech Panty - a shout out to Andy who is such a 'yes-man' and always on the problem solving case - , we were completely changed over on such a tight time limit with absolutely no stress from our end.

We've been up and running for a few weeks now, and staff members who were completely dedicated to the old systems are now totally sold on the new system Kounta has provided. It is an easy system to set up, use on a day to day basis and fills all of the reporting tick boxes you can have.

The fact that these teams have worked in hospitality really shows through the product; it's set up like it has been trialed for a number of years with all issues that could have arisen already ironed out.

10/10.

The ease of use, and the simplicity of the screens.

Nothing.

Leanne M.

Kounta for Cafe Use

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 12.3.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We have found Kounta to be excellent for our cafe. Staff need no maths skills to operate it easily. the addition of photos makes product selection fast and accurate.

The only thing to watch is disgruntled staff that have been removed from rosters........they can sabotage the system by changing or deleting things. My advice, once they have been given notice immediately remove their access to Kounta and give them other duties until their time has been completed.

Overcomes the issue of staff not being able to read or do any math.
Provides multiple copies of invoices so that service can easily be tracked.
Allows lots of options to modify products which gives each client an individual experience.

Takes ages to set up if you have hundreds of products and options......but it is worth doing.

Bradie M.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Awsome POS system! Easy for staff, easy for management. Outstanding customer service!

Bewertet am 4.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Can manage from anywhere. Easy to update products on prices on the spot. Great reporting and crm. Love that you only have to use functions that you require.

I would like to be able to view only POS from device which is not assigned as register. Also, not sure if already available, but we would like to be able to process gift certificates through the till easily.

Geoff B.

Count on Kounta

Bewertet am 5.4.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Kounta is the best point of sale.
I have set up five different POS systems since 2000 and Kounta is by far the best and most flexible.
Our business could not have grown as quickly, successfully or efficiently without it.
Absolutely love the production printing set up. Nothing compares.
Team this with Tyro EFTPOS and it's a total winner for fast bar service.

Production printing and cloud operation

Needs a cash-out facility

Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

POS

Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall a great product that we continue to use at our cafe.

When I was tasked with setting up a Point of Sale system in 48 hours I thought it was impossible but when I found Kounta it was easy to set up and integrate into our credit card machine in a matter of hours.

The most challenging thing that I found was I could not email the monthly receipts to my accounting team and would need to give them the main control to the platform if I wanted them to be able to access that directly.

Greg K.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Kounta review from a "cloud integrator" perspective

Bewertet am 26.2.2015
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I am a cloud integrator and have implemented a number of Xero + POS add-ons. I select Kounta for my customers purely on its hospitality focus and it's table management add-on. I have been really impressed with how it handles the concept of modifiers and how smooth the integration is with Tyro electronic payments.

However, I feel that there is a lot of navigating around the 'back office' to get what you need to get done. The CSV data importers are good, but I still found I had to do many repetitive updates manually via the user interface that the importer didn't support. The user interface is a bit big and boxy for my liking but understandably some see this as a benefit if working off a tablet in a cafe most of the time.

The client registration process was a bit tedious (maybe at least for us implementers/advisers) but when up and running my customers love the product. The POS register is really powerful and soon after becoming power users the only niggling complaint I get are small enhancements to customisations which are unfortunately locked down in the product anyway. e.g. layouts on receipts, dockets, shortcuts panel, etc.

I have also been really impressed with Kounta's email support and communication on release notes. You can really tell they are working hard in making this product better and better. Personally, I would like to see more flexible pricing plans for store owners that have multiple (small-sized) cafes, which will hopefully encourage the greater use of bump screens for the Kitchen/Brewster and mobile registers where waiting staff can take orders + electronic payments at the table. Maybe I am just over the little pad and pencil.

In short, I am a big fan of Kounta POS in food & beverage. Totally recommend.

Andrew M.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

It is the only cloud based pos for hospitality I think we could use and run our business

Bewertet am 8.6.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It allows us to easily manage customer transaction and to report on total sales and products in a really efficient way. We've grown in our understanding of our business enormously just reusing kounta

The sales transaction from start to checkout is great. The printing of customer orders in multiple locations plus the kitchen. Modifier are also the best in the market.

Scales and scanner integration for use with a retail store. Scales can't be and scanner with Windows is clunky

Amelia S.

Great Customer support

Bewertet am 17.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Immediate customer support is a huge plus

Ideal for hospitality..providing hospitality POS solutions that were once considerably more expensive. Understands the Australian market. Great customer support. Was having a problem at 7:30 am on a Saturday morning and got an immediate response from a real human. Big ticks for that!
Easy to update and maintain.

a little bit steep for a new business. But overall a great piece of software..the retail capacity is limited but works well for a cafe with a few retail items.

Glen P.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Works well and very simple to use.

Bewertet am 9.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Ease of use. Good reporting.

It's ease of use is the most compelling feature. The reports are reasonably comprehensive too. Great for a hospitality start-up.

There are occassional troubles with printing, where the software somehow loses the fixed IP address of a printer. This is usually temporary, however. It's need to be connected to the Internet is also a con. Whilst it works a little offline, it does become unusable quickly.

Doris Y.

Kouta is pretty good

Bewertet am 19.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Kouta is a smart point of system sale, Kounta has the most amazing customer services

Kounta system is very smart and easy to follow.

* It seems a little pricy, we are in NZ and it's in AUS dollars excl GST.
* it needs wifi connections to run all the time. (perhaps it's the trend of our world now :)

One questions in the meanwhile: is there a function to retrieve how many dishes of an item we have sold in a period of time? many thanks!

Emma A.

Great product

Bewertet am 21.2.2018

Easy layout to navigate
Colour coafing
Can add photos of products
Lots of addon options

Cost for multiple registers
No learning platform for new staff
Addons can be costly
Account customer function could be better

Karen D.
Branche: Einzelhandel

We love kounta!

Bewertet am 25.2.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Running a sweet shop can be very busy with lots of products. We love kounta - it works for us and we find the reports and sales by information invaluable!

It's capacity to review a day's sales or last week/ year!

Stock management
Grouping of goods
No integrated weighing scales!

Santie M.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

The best customer service and support I have experienced!

Bewertet am 11.2.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I am new to the hospitality industry and there is so much to learn and I need to learn fast. Kounta's excellent customer service and support has helped me tremendously to streamline my sales and to look professional. With so much to learn in the beginning, it was comforting to have a friendly voice always on the other side of the phone to assist me , and all the staff at Kounta have always been very patient with me (when I don't understand). Service like this is rare, and I absolutely appreciate it. I will always be loyal to this Company and will recommend it to everyone. Kounta has a fantastic product and they have the support to match it in order for you to utilize your products to the fullest and get value for your money. Thank you for a great product but even greater customer service and support!

The support and customer service. It is no use to have an excellent product and the user don't know how to use it. Kounta matches their excellent product with excellent support.

I have not anything negative to say about this product.

Christopher M.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Kounta helped solve our need for a simple POS that integrated with CBA's Albert.

Bewertet am 11.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I am able to better analyse my business performance and make real time decisions.

It interfaced with our existing Albert and IT setup at the Cafe. Our staff quickly adapted to new methods for operating and recording sales. The interface is reasonably intuitive and the videos help with any learning gaps.

Some of issues that irked me.
1. There is no way to test workflow (options, etc) in a test mode. So you do everything in a live environment (and constantly have to swap to POS and back to test). So you can end up with 'false' sales figures, and incorrectly recorded refunds, or deleted sales. From the back office it would be good to 'test' new products setup before making them active.
2. There is no way to adjust a reconciliation if it is incorrectly entered.
3. The next price points are not attractive for small businesses to step up.

Kim G.
Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Hombre Franchising

Bewertet am 21.4.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Always have great support and easy system with great plans for working with franchises to improve platform

Works with us to improve

Reporting needs improving

George P.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

This is my first experience with a could based system. Very happy so far.

Bewertet am 27.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Cost effective , easy to train new staff, easy integration with our accounting system.
We are looking to now add rosters and stocktake to streamline our business.

Service can be effected when the system goes offline. This can also effect cash up as when the system is offline you are unable to process accounts.

Kathryn W.
Branche: Einzelhandel

Kounta Online POS

Bewertet am 15.3.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Looking for a POS system for our new business we looked into quite a few. Kounta has been one of the easiest to use. Simple product additions. Great customer interface and fool proof back office. Syncs perfectly with our accounting software. Makes doing business so much easier

Its simplicity.

Needs to have addable categories for individual business needs

Lloyd S.

Kounta customer review

Bewertet am 3.2.2015
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Product is good but not all encompassing.
We need to be able to amend previously finalised takings if changes or errors are made. This has been communicated to Kounta and apparently will be looked at and hopefully rectified in a further release??
The price schedules are limited and not really applicable for my size organisation. I would like to have 2 x POS devices however paying more than $50 per month would lead me to making the once of purchase for a non-cloud customised POS system. The fact you need to add a new register to have an additional device seems ludicrous to me and I would beleive would limit your customer base. What about all the cafes out there that want one register but multiple devices to take orders. Sorry to be critical but it appears to be a mechansim of revenue raising, albeit you could get the same results from just growing your customer base by having a more universal and cost effective product.
I'd suggest you could come up with some alternate pricing schedules where adding an additional device for $10 per device per month versus a whole register would add value to your product. I'd happily pay $60 per month to have one register and two devices to take orders to that register.
Maybe I'm missing some sort of constraint hindering you from enabling multiple devices on the one register however in this day and age I would have thought it would be easy.
Food for thought, I won't be increasing my subscription but rather work around this limitation.
Again, I'm not trying to be critical but what I get for $50 per month from Xero for a cloud based accounting software versus what I currently receive from Kounta for $50 is a month, the difference in value us astounding.
The reason for an overall rating of 3 stars primarily relates to your pricing schedule.
Don't hesitate to contact me if you wish to clarify any of this feedback.

Antwort von Kounta

Hi Lloyd
The honesty is appreciated and good to get feedback on how our pricing scales for small business, we'll have our team get in touch to discuss how you and your client can get more value from Kounta to help balance out the equation.

Steve B.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Great POS system for all to use

Bewertet am 17.2.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

As our venue is a social enterprise employing people with a disability and or mental health issue, we require a user-friendly POS that can assist with Literacy and numeracy while being an overall easy to use system.

Kounta is perfect for what we required.

Thanks Kounta

visual aid

freezing at times

Anton H.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Kounta took care of everything we needed effortlessly.

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 26.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Up and running quickly with great support.

Simple Setup, Easy to train staff to use. Staff were familiar with the software and were happy to jump in and take orders at busy times. Instant reports are really great!

Cloud based software will always let you down when you're flat out busy. Murphy's Law! Maybe some way to operate and upload at the end of each day would be an answer.