TriNet Zenefits Erfahrungen

Chris
  • Branche: Automotive

Easy and affordable

Bewertet am 29.5.2020

Have been on this platform for 3 plus years. The software is always improving and new features are being introduced

Everything is cohesive and easy to learn and use.

Would like more pdf print options to be available

Warum TriNet Zenefits gewählt wurde

Wanted to try the new kid on the block

ADP Vantage HCM

Cost and value
BZ
  • Branche: Bibliotheken

Zenefits - Easy Peasy

Bewertet am 29.5.2020

This is a great software for a distributed workforce. We have employees in different 20 states and 40 different locations. Zenefits makes it easy for us.

This software is so easy to use for both the employees and the HR team. Everything is simple and straightforward, no convoluted quirky tricks needed to enter information. Hiring and onboarding is super easy. Open enrollment is super easy. Payroll is super easy. PTO management is super easy.

There are some tie in products that still need some work.

Paycom, ADP Workforce Now und BambooHR

Warum TriNet Zenefits gewählt wurde

Needed an integrated solution.

Paychex Flex

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TriNet Zenefits

The benefits management system and the easy hiring ability were the original reason. In the end, it was the employee experience that made the difference - good mobile product.
Liv
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Save yourself time and money!

Bewertet am 20.2.2020

Horrible! I don't even know where to begin. Customer service is a joke. Promises not kept, reps telling you that they have 300+ messages in their inbox so you should wait.

They have so many shady practices that it is hard for me to not call it a scam. Like not updating your employee numbers before they charge you a full year of service. We were charged more that double of what we should have paid and they now won't refund!

They promised a 3 week setup period and here we are 7 months later not being able to use their payroll services. Thanks but no thanks.

Nothing! It looked good, it was presented good.

Do not let the sales rep convince you and save yourself thousands of nonrefundable dollars!

PayFocus

Warum TriNet Zenefits gewählt wurde

Thought bringing all services under one product would be easier, more efficient for us.

PayFocus

Good afternoon Liz,
I am sorry to hear that your experience with Zenefits was less than satisfactory. Although not perfect, we are purposeful. Our goal is to provide each customer an experience we can take pride in.
We will use your feedback to create better training, a better user experience, and a better overall product.
We wish you well.

Sandy
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

User Friendly and Intuitive

Bewertet am 21.11.2019

The efficiency of Zenefits when it comes to onboarding is a huge timesaver. We're able to send employees key information they need before and after they start working with us with no manual work. I cut down on a few hours of work per week with this feature!

Zenefits is super simple to learn how to use, both for Admins and for Employees. My employees love being able to use the software for benefits enrollment, time off, and other requests. It's easy to teach someone how to use it because honestly, I don't really have to--the interface is really simple and easy to understand. Saves me a ton of time as an HR professional!

The Time Off reporting could be more robust, but this will come with time. As our company grows we're looking to pull more quick reports on PTO accrual and other balances, and some of the values we're looking for aren't readily available. There have been some changes in this area though, so the developers recognize how the system should be improved.

BambooHR

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TriNet Zenefits

The cost of Zenefits and the intuitive user interface sold us the most. We felt like we got the most value with the best user experience for our employees. The optional integrations were also a huge plus for us, like our 401(k) provider.
Sean
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Easy and Convenient

Bewertet am 27.5.2020

Very positive. I have never used an outside service for basic HR functions before, but was pleasantly surprised at how much work Zenefits saves me by letting employees enter their own info.

Easy to use - Managers can access/input/share the info they need, employees can fill out their own info which saves HR a lot of work. Customer Service can be contacted easily. Reports/Info can be accessed easily. Reminders are emailed to you if any necessary information is missing.

I believe Zenefits does not have the ability to pay third party garnishments directly.

Warum TriNet Zenefits gewählt wurde

I was not employed here at the time of the switch.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TriNet Zenefits

I was not employed here at the time of the switch.
David
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Horrifying experience

Bewertet am 1.2.2024

See above. Additionally, more than once, we had a Zenefits representative tell us that we never should have been signed up, because our organization was larger than their usual client (we had around 250 folks and apparently they were designed to work best with companies of 5-50 people).

The only nice think I can think of is that Kayla (who was the only person who ever staffed their Customer Support - or maybe that was just the name everyone used because they were afraid to give their real names) was always kind.

Too many to list, but let's try: super slow for both processing payroll and just retrieving / entering employee data; insane wait times for customer support (45 minutes was standard, but occasionally we would hold for 2-3 hours, and I wish I were exaggerating); glitchy systems that were as far from intuitive as possible; and for us, the final straw was the Friday that I received emails from our 250 employees who didn't get paid, because Zenefits had hired a new payroll processor on their end, and that person missed a step that triggered all the Direct Deposits, so I spent an entire day on the phone with various people trying to get it resolved.

Andrea
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very easy to set up and great app for employees

Bewertet am 13.6.2022

Great if you have mostly salaried exempt employees and you rarely need customer service help.

Overall very easy to use and set up would use again

It takes too long to reach a live person via chat. This used to be a great feature that allowed me to quickly fix issues. Now it takes 2-3 business days to get a response via email.

Gusto, ADP Workforce Now und Namely

Warum TriNet Zenefits gewählt wurde

The integration with harvest to track hours wasn’t the best.

QuickBooks Time

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TriNet Zenefits

I had used Zenefits before and knew the set up was easy.
Kathleen
  • Branche: Druck
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Very Poor Customer Support

Bewertet am 7.6.2021

Very frustrating and a lot of time wasted.

Very frustrating and a lot of time wasted.

Ease of use is good and Digital app for the employees is very helpful. Saves HR time in updating information because employees can do it themselves from their phone app.

Very poor customer support. Limited update and communication. I have open cases that are still open. Account rep is very nice but there's nothing he can do. If I talk to a live technical rep, they often give varying opinions, so it's confusing. Uploading renewal of Benefits package too cumbersome and I have been asking for someone to walk me through and I never got any response. They close the case when it's even resolved. After sales support is really very bad and that's where it's most needed.

Katherine
  • Branche: Fotografie

User Friendly Solution

Bewertet am 2.1.2020

I use Zenefits daily and really do enjoy it. There are a few bug fixes that need to happen, but overall I do really like the product.

Super user friendly and you can easily find whatever you are looking for

The app is very buggy with clock in/out feature

BambooHR

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TriNet Zenefits

Bamboo HR didn't have everything we were looking for

Antwort von TriNet Group

Thanks for provide feedback Katherine!

Will
Will
  • Branche: Onlinemedien

Good and Bad at the Same Time

Bewertet am 14.2.2020

Please check out what I had to say for cons. If you can live with having no number to call, or at least, not a number that take you to a human who can answer your questions, then the features and software are solid. The pricing is what you would expect based on the features.

This SaaS has tons of features and can really help a small business get over those HR hurtles, although it won't replace the most valuable assets that a in-the-flesh HR person brings.

Adding their payroll integration was a big win since our company was using a 401(k) admin that required manually keying in EVERYTHING back when we used intuit for payroll. So props for that!

OKAY, hear me out. The on-boarding process is unacceptable. I wouldn't be surprised if half of their potential client base ended up BACKING-OUT during on-boarding. I mean, it takes 2-4 weeks, you'll already be looking a bill on your credit card, and to make matters worse, the only staff that have a phone number are SALES PEOPLE!

You guessed it, the sales staff CAN NOT help you with your on boarding., PERIOD.

Antwort von TriNet Group

Will, we appreciate your review.

Jennifer
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Life Saver

Bewertet am 13.11.2020

Time Saved! Compliance is always taken care of...not much to worry about.

Time Saved! Compliance is always taken care of...not much to worry about.

Zenefits was a life saver for me! Everything was done manually before Zenefits so the amount of time is saved was amazing. The ease of use is incredible and I love the reporting capabilities.

Support response can be slow, especially for tax items

Gusto und RUN Powered by ADP

Warum TriNet Zenefits gewählt wurde

Needed something to do not only payroll but also filings, payments, compliance + all other HR and benefits admin.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TriNet Zenefits

price, ease of use and reporting
Brooks
  • Branche: Immobilien

Incredibly happy users

Bewertet am 11.8.2020

Overall experience with Zenefits has been very good and we would highly recommend.

Zenefits is very to use and the onboarding process is a breeze.

Zenefits reporting has gotten better, but still has some room for improvement. Additionally, they could do a better job with year-end comp process/reporting.

Gusto und Workday HCM

Gusto und Workday HCM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TriNet Zenefits

Most comprehensive product with good pricing. Confident they would offer add-on product that we would want.
Jenn
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Helped streamline our nonprofit operations

Bewertet am 18.10.2021

Great -- on the whole it has created so many efficiencies for me in payroll and HR management and we have easily saved money when I think of all the time saved.

I save so much time on payroll and have fewer errors compared to when we manually calculated it and used a 3rd party accounting firm to handle our payroll. Year end tax documents -- especially for contractors receiving 1099s -- are also much less of a headache now. I've also saved a ton of time on HR operations - in particular new staff onboarding and documentation. It's much simpler for both me and the new staff.

Customer service can be a little slow to respond, and setting up PTO for part-time employees was a little trickier and more time-consuming than I expected.

Gusto, ADP Workforce Now und BambooHR

Gründe für den Wechsel zu TriNet Zenefits

They offered a nonprofit discount and I like their sales team
  • Branche: Personalwesen

Stay Away From This Company

Bewertet am 12.10.2020

I am filled with regret switching to Zenefits. We have spent 40+ hours easily setting things up. I can't disrupt our employees again with another switch. I woudl if I could.

I like the idea of what they are trying to accomplish...a hub for HR and payroll. They missed the mark because they created a product that doesn't flow and is very difficult to use. The customer service has a 3 day min wait. If I could leave, I would in a heartbeat. Filled with regret.

When you are trying to set up the core of your business and continue to function seamlessly, customer service should be available at all business hours. If you are lucky enough to get a calndly link, you can schedule, but there is usuallya minimum of 3 days to wait. This is so unacceptable.

The product itself is clunky, disjointed and not at all intuitive. You have to go to different sections to see different things about an employee instead of clicking in tehri name and seeing everything related to their employment in one spot.

Thet auto-approved our payroll on teh last day of teh pay cycle prior to teh day's end. That is crazy.

Shae
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Seamless low-cost solution for small to mid-sized companies that kills busy work

Bewertet am 3.12.2018

-Paperless onboarding/offboarding to support a remote workforce

-Integrations with existing ATS,...

-Paperless onboarding/offboarding to support a remote workforce

-Integrations with existing ATS, removing the needs for duplicate data entry

-Digital document storage, allowing us to digitize all employee files. No more paper!

-Time off tracking: Automatic rating to managers for review and approval of all time off requests while keeping the HR team aware of team schedules. Transparent reporting to have conversations with employees regarding the time off trends (% of unplanned versus planned time off). Time off solution also supports Prop 206 mandated sick leave.

-Health insurance platform that allows for the execution of open enrollment, qualifying life events and new hire enrollments for all lines of coverage (med, dent, vision, life and disability). HSA app built in to allow employees to review available balances and submit out of pocket expenses.

-ACA compliance: Built into existing subscription model that allows for ACA reporting, submission to IRS and 1094/1095 creation without the need for an accountant or an expensive solution.

-Business intelligence: Real-time standard and customized reporting. I use this solution heavily as a federal contractor to execute our annual affirmative action reporting.

With a solution like Zenefits, I have managed to reduce the HR budget year-over-year while going 100% paperless. The integration with our applicant tracking system allows me to push data seamlessly from my mobile device directly to Zenefits to extend an offer, wherever, whenever. I am no longer chained to the constraints of my desk, which is critical for an HR team of one.

Easily the most comprehensive solution in the market (at this price point) that addresses onboarding/offboarding, automated and customized email triggers to employees, time and attendance, insurance, aca compliance, reporting (standard and custom) and a multitude of integrations. Since becoming a client over 2 years ago, I have gone to market year-over-year, and haven't found a solution that is comparable. Zenefits kills the busy work and allows me to dedicate time to our employees and driving meaningful initiatives, restructuring the experience with HR to being a partnership versus an administrative burden.

I wish the performance management module was baked into the subscription versus an add-on cost.

The transition to a new brokerage, OneDigital, has come with its challenges, but I appreciate that the leadership teams both with Zenefits and OneDigital have been willing to personally speak with me to determine how gaps can be bridged to improve my experience as the employer.

Allen
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Zenefits payroll is very bulky. It is also limited and lacks functionality.

Bewertet am 25.10.2018

Zenefits is pretty low-tech masquerading as some high tech Payroll software. There's nothing that high tech about them and just about every person on the customer service side lacks basic knowledge of its functionality. It is a lot more confusing than Gusto and is nothing more than a series of modules built on Django, Javascript and jQuery with very basic databases that run on cron jobs.

I can live with the product that Zenefits has despite all of its shortcomings but the people behind it need much better training. Their fake enthusiasm coupled with little to no knowledge of the platform, hr, or payroll is a huge turn off.

Time & Attendance: Users are able to seamlessly clock in and out from their phones once they get familiar with Zenefits.
PTO: PTO is simple and streamlined.

Customer Service: The chat agents are a waste of time to talk to. The phone agents know very little but can at least put you on hold, ask their supervisor and learn as they go along.
Pay Runs are akward but here is the process:

1. You need to approve your employees timesheets.
2. Timesheets need to be pushed to payroll. This requires some time. Looks like its set up on a cron job so if you just missed it you need to wait a few minutes for it to get pushed.
3. From there you add the deductions and reimbursements. If you don't have the types set up, you'll need to step away and set them up. There's no memo you can input once you add a deduction. For example, if its an employee purchase it doesn't allow you to describe what was purchased.
4. You approve the pay run, push it through and wait for confirmation. Another cron job most likely.

PTO Policy is there but since its so easy to do, its subject to a lot of abuse.

You cannot reimburse an employee in net earnings. The functionality just isn't there.

You need to select whether employees clock in through an iPad or their phones. You can't mix and match.

The app for an administrator is absolutely useless. There's not much you can do as an admin from your phone.

Navigating is bulky. Instead of selecting your employee and seamlessly flowing through everything that relates to them, you need to first pick which module you want to use and toggle back and forth between modules.

Jai
  • Branche: Supermärkte
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Zenefits is the perfect platform to manage your payroll, benefits, 401k, and HR for small...

Bewertet am 28.9.2021

Zenefits is the perfect platform for any small to medium size business. I am an entrepreneur and Zenefits has allowed me to manage payroll, benefits, 401k, and HR from one user friendly platform. Their customer service is amazing, and I love the peace of mind of having there HR experts in my corner for any employee related issues. I have now used them for about 7 years with three different companies and I don't plan on going anywhere. Did I mention they also make all your payroll taxes for you? Well, they do, and I love it :)

I would love if Zenefits would not only take deductions but have a feature to stop the deduction once the entire amount is collected. Currently I have to turn off the deduction once is met.

Gusto

Warum TriNet Zenefits gewählt wurde

We needed more services that QB didn't provide.
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy-to-use software takes the pain out of PeopleOps

Bewertet am 18.11.2020

I was thrilled to join a company that had already implemented Zenefits, because the product is dynamic and nimble, fitting our needs. We have been able to use many features, including benefits enrollment, payroll, reporting, integrations with our systems, onboarding, time and attendance and more. Whenever we've had a question we've been able to find the answer via the trainings provided, or by reaching out to the support team. We've also been impressed with features that Zenefits rolled out related to COVID 19 (like the PPP loan estimator, and Truework for health checks. It would be very painful to not have the tool - highly recommended for small and medium sized businesses.

Zenefits is easy to implement and to use. Our team members rarely need any help with the product - it is clear what it can do and how it needs to get done. I appreciate that Zenefits allows us to integrate so many products in one spot (our ATS, learning management and performance management systems all have links back to Zenefits) and that it gets so much done for us. During COVID-19, we've onboarded 100 new employees in a virtual only setting, and much of the ease has been due to how much work Zenefits automates for us.

Sometimes configuration of payroll or benefits can feel tricky - however, my experience with it has been better in Zenefits than other platforms.

Lisa

Excellent UX - Lacks on the service provided

Bewertet am 21.9.2018

The platform itself is incredibly easy to use. The time off feature was extremely valuable and appreciated by employees. Open Enrollment via the platform was easy for the employee and running reports was incredibly efficient. Overall, the platform was well made and well managed.

The payroll "integration" was never accurate so we couldn't rely on it. The service that Zenefits provided, from a Customer Service standpoint, was unreliable. We always had issues, whether it be random deletion of employees from our benefits, adding dependents randomly to our benefits, an agent assuring us something was taken care of and finding it was not, being provided incorrect info, taking long periods of time to correct errors, getting different answers from different reps, etc..., we could not rely on their service. We had to duplicate our efforts so frequently that the "automated" service Zenefits provided was irrelevant. Also, while the data migration was provided in a bulk download, we were missing documents and had to reactivate our account multiple times to retrieve missing documents. Nowadays, local insurance brokers are providing robust services with Open Enrollment platforms that integrate with most systems - Zenefits and the headache of their customer service doesn't provide value any longer.

Venugopal
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

With the introduction of Zenefits!! Get most of your HR Problems Released!!!!

Bewertet am 20.8.2018

In today’s life, a very big problem that big companies are facing is that HR is not manageable. I have seen a lot of companies that are facing this problem extremely. So, to overcome these barriers and make the flow smooth a brilliant software had been launched named: ZENEFITS!! It provides a platform that can be easily understood and can be used by an ordinary person. Great Na!! It also stores time and attendance of its users and supports Integration. One great thing is also that it provides a completely automated and electronic employees on-boarding services. It integrates all the functions of HR management under one roof only. This one is Awesome Guys!! It also supports reporting and filing data of ACA as well as it also supports customer service.

This application excludes international payrolls and having some problems in permanent storage of details of employees (Like mailing address of employees). Sometimes very awkward problems arise like managers are not able to access all the details of employees etc. Its Insurance Integration is also very bad as well as it provides only a few reports that are almost of no use. In comparison to its competitors, its prices are a little bit higher which also increases its cons. It has no performance management tools as well as it is not full HRIS, it is a basic system so use according to your needs.

Robyn
  • Branche: Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Zenefits was the first HRIS system my small company used (100 employee)

Bewertet am 10.1.2018

Worth taking a look at.

Worth taking a look at.

User friendly for both HR and employees (self-serve) --easy and intuitive to use. Incredibly easy to create customized reports off using almost any data point(s). Smooth automated benefits enrollment process. Responsive customer service and great online help tools. System doesn't go down and is fast enough to keep up with our needs.

Zenefits is still 'young' and getting its act together. Used to be free until last year and they are still evolving their pricing structure, so they may end up being too expensive for our small company. Considerable personnel turnover in past 2 years and change in how they manage some functions (for instance, they now outsource benefits management to a 3rd party company instead of managing benefits inhouse and I am not overly impressed with the current benefits mgmt. group). Limited paid time off functionality (system only allows tracking of one paid time off process and my company has 2 discrete time off policies).

A Must-have for small businesses with employees. Gone are the days of Spreadsheets and file...

Bewertet am 17.4.2018

As a small business with only a few employees, it REALLY helps with getting our HR stuff together.

So first off, we use zenefits on a daily basis for just about all of our HR functions. The support is great for when we've run into the very rare bug, and sales is always quick to get back to me.

They regularly release new features and improve existing ones.
They are also VERY receptive to user feedback and idea suggestions.

Ya know, I'm not one to nitpick, but i have run into a few small issues lately.
Primarily, the issue we have now is that we've been on Zenefits for a few years now and have older "Legacy Pricing". We however do all HR tasks on Zenefits EXCEPT payroll.

Well fast forward a few years, their payroll product actually looks fairly promising.... until i learned that in order to start using their Payroll service, i have to first be updated to their newer more expensive billing plan.

Bah.

Sandy
  • Branche: Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent user interface for the admin and employees alike.

Bewertet am 10.4.2018

An easy to use interface and a tool that allows our employees to electronically and seamlessly on-board. I enjoy that the tool automatically reminds the end-users to complete tasks and keeps track of everything in one useful tool. I would like to see it become an intranet for employees to access company specific templates, content and tools.

What I like most about Zenefits is that it allows our employee on-boarding process to be completely automated and electronic. I love it!

The software I like, but being an earlier adopter, there were many growing pains within the company which caused a lot of issues with our open enrollment for two consecutive years. We recently resigned our contract and based on what we need, went with the basic (silver?) plan, which doesn't include Vacation Tracking. We don't need all of the HR support since we're a consulting services company. With that said, I'm disappointed that we weren't grandfathered in to having that tool.

Dustin
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great concept but poor customer service and execution.

Bewertet am 13.11.2017

Loved the idea of the concept, was basically sold on idea to have a PTO software that we could use for employees to use without a fee.. then once all were onboard, we had to pay per month and now you can't even call for assistance when you have a problem.

Has a mobile app that employees can access from virtually anywhere, can see a shared calendar that will display in outlook with employees scheduled off.

No customer service phone number, no email addresses for specific reps, customer service must be contacted online thru a job ticket (if an account is locked out, can't even submit ticket for contact and no phone number to call), managers don't have access to the employee review sections (must grant managers admin rights, which then opens the door for past requests to be deleted by an employee.. big problem), system was not set up properly and allows for managers to approve time off when employees did not have the time available.. no pop up that would ask "are you sure?" type thing, can not print an employees PTO time, multiple tabs to even get total time taken/available.

• Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Simple to use for admins & employees love it!

Bewertet am 16.6.2017

As Zenefits users for the past three years, we've loved how easy the solution is for onboarding new employees. Employees have made comments like "I knew the company really 'got it' when the onboarding was so simple. It also nice to manage everything in one platform - payroll, benefits, onboarding, business intelligence, etc. Without Zenefits we would likely need an additional employee just to do paperwork. Zenefits has always been responsive to our needs as an organization and our customer success manager has been extremely helpful.

We had a rough open enrollment process with the tool, but we started earlier this year and should be in better shape. Because the tool is constantly evolving, sometimes features come and go (Zenefits got rid of an in-house stock options tool they had built and so we had to switch vendors as a result).