CANVAS

Lernmanagementsystem für Schulen, Hochschulen und Universitäten.

(3.944)

Hilfreiche Software für online Course

Bewertet am 24.4.2023

Sehr gute Software für Online Education

Sehr gute Software für Online Education

Canvas ist easy to use. Außerdem kann man aus sein Account jeder Zeit zugreifen. Also man benötigt nur ein Endgerät (Handy, Notebook).

Ich habe keine Nachteile herausgefunden.

Kelly
Kelly
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

CANVAS makes higher education accessible anywhere you have an internet connection!

Bewertet am 30.6.2020

CANVAS is very user-friendly and an all-around excellent way to engage in continuing education and life-long learning. Personally, as an older student, I love using CANVAS.

While I am unsure of the College's side in using this software, for me, as a student, I love using CANVAS. I enjoy travelling and with an easy-to-use, school-issued/provided LMS (Learning Management System/Software), I can take many classes online from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. The mobile application is robust and incredibly convenient, allowing 99% all-the-same functionality as the desktop version. Students can even take online quizzes and finals using their internet-connected mobile device (Smartphone). It is very user-friendly and an all-around excellent way to engage in continuing education and life-long learning as an older (personally, 42 years) college student.

The only drawbacks to CANVAS I experienced were a loss of data if the active internet connection broke while in the middle of completing/submitting assignments and quizzes. I know that CANVAS has since implemented an auto-save feature on the quizzes, so that part of the problem is resolved. Whether or not this is true of the assignment submissions, I honestly do not know at this time.

Kyle
Kyle
  • Branche: Kino & Film

College on the Web

Bewertet am 18.10.2020

Canvas is an excellent learning tool for most colleges and universities. Not only does it allow for assignments to be turned in over the internet but it also allows students to take quizzes and attend lectures through ConferNow and Zoom. It will notify you through email for any work that is assigned, work that is due, etc. Although it can be a bit complicated to operate through compared to other programs such as Google Classroom, it has all the features you would need in order to run a class online especially during a pandemic.

With the rise of Coronavirus and online options for college classes, Canvas has been a staple tool for students taking online classes and even with online assignments. Canvas, similar to Google Classroom, is a program that allows teachers to assign work through the web instead of wasting time printing and wasting paper. It allows students to be notified of when assignments are due and even allows them to take quizzes and test online. With most of the world being forced to do everything digitally Canvas allows access to Zoom through ConferNow which allows for teachers to schedule lectures and meetings. Canvas also allows you to message other students if needed. Without Canvas, school online would be incredibly difficult, and although Google Classroom is a solid option for courses in elementary school through high school, Canvas has more features such as users being able to directly embed LTIs such as Flipgrid.

Although Canvas is better than Google Classroom in terms of the number of features, Google Classroom's interface is simpler and easier to understand than Canvas's. Google Classroom, being a Google program, also makes it slightly easier to turn in assignments using Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc. Canvas's user system can also use some work as well. Canvas may have the ability to allow you to see other students but it's obscure. There's no way to search for other people unless they're in your class and most people don't even know of the profile feature. Personally, I don't believe there are many problems with Canvas except that they should redo its design because to me it seems a bit bland and that they should make its interface a bit more simpler since it can be confusing to navigate through.

Samridh
Samridh
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Canvas as a student user

Bewertet am 1.2.2019

Compared to Moodle, I like Canvas much better. It is very much focused and geared towards enhancing the student's learning experience.

I have been using canvas regularly for all my graduate classes. It has been the epicenter/hub for the instructor and all other students to come together and create a intuitive learning environment. Things I really like with canvas:
- Discussions and Help Forums
It's so easy to post questions in canvas and ask the professor and other students for help or clarifications. my graduate classes are pretty demanding and requires lot of back and forth with the instructor. But imagine if every student asked the instructor the same questions over and over again. On canvas I can see other student's questions and responses so it's like big FAQ hub.
- Easy to navigate Contents
All of the contents such as lecture slides, videos, homeworks, grades etc are in one location under different tabs. It has been organized properly and I don't have to click 100 times to get tot the page I want.
- Interaction with other students
I think this is what differentiates Canvas from moodle and what I have used in the past. This platform is very much student geared and student centered. It is there to help students interact with each other and learn from each other.

Canvas is not perfect though if you are not an expert user or instructor.
- Many times instructors said the contents are released but it wasn't
- The grades accumulation does not always makes sense
- Very much dependent on how the instructor has laid out contents.
- Redundant information
- Not always user friendly. Does take a while to get adjusted to it

Kim

Canvas in public education - 1st grade and school wide

Bewertet am 17.1.2024

Canvas is an amazing application my district purchased to do online learning and make it easy for students to access lessons and digitial resources. It is user friendly, specially for a 1st grader! And teachers are able to navigate their lessons and assignments easily.

I wish you were able to personalize the page a little more to suit students. Such as having a pk-1st page and a 2-5th page.

Ho'omana Nathan
Ho'omana Nathan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

The best LMS I've used so far (much better than Brightspace/D2L)

Bewertet am 7.4.2021

Overall, Canvas is the best I've used so far (1000x better than buggy/feature-impoverished D2L). It's generally nice to work with, plays well with most other online resources (especially Google Drive which I use a ton for teaching), it's fairly easy to explain to students, and it makes it easy to transfer materials between courses each semester.

One thing I love is that unlike Brightspace/D2L, Canvas has continued to develop and gain new features as long as I've used it. I also like how easy it is to transfer course materials from one course to another so that classes I teach each semester, or every other semester, can be easily copied over.

Some of the more advanced/useful features aren't always easy to use, and there isn't great documentation from Canvas. In fact, most of the documentation I've found has been from other university's websites.

Christopher
Christopher
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Learning Management System

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

I could not run my classroom without Canvas. It is the most powerful tool in my classroom toolbox.

Canvas is an incredibly robust Learning Management System. It provides invaluable tools for educators such as quizzes, discussion boards, and excellent course management tools. The most useful for me is the quizzes. Quizzes can be auto-graded, have controlled access, allow multiple attempts and has a large array of question types for your students.

Canvas does have a bit of a learning curve. It can be a bit daunting for those just starting out. This makes the product slightly unapproachable but there are a lot of tutorials for the common features.

Shivalay
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Best Student tracking tool

Bewertet am 2.4.2024

I used Canvas to track my higher education course, which is the core reason why I graduated with a 1st class and found a perfect job within industry

Off site links were not always the easier to locate on Canvas

LeighAnn

Bewertet am 22.2.2024

Canvas is easy to use to navigate online courses used for professional development and recertification purposes.

The mobile website isn’t as user friendly - however I did not download the app.

Nicole
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Great option for our Trades Training Program

Bewertet am 22.2.2024

Ease of use for staff and students. It is intuitive and user-friendly.

Nothing comes to mind. Canvas has done everything we needed it to do.

SUSHIL
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

canvas review

Bewertet am 12.2.2024

Canvas saves money and lessens the quantity of paper and ink required to create new documents because it can be used for a variety of courses.

Poor mobile app performance, sluggish loading times, and trouble accessing specific features are some of the most prevalent technical issues.
Minimal personalization.
steep learning curve.

Kennedy
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Canvas very efficient!

Bewertet am 4.9.2023

The platform is stable and extremely efficient suitable for busy professionals looking to study,,,enrol in a university with canvas

Its easy to learn and to use making the learning curve shorter

its not an aesthetically appealing hence can lead to a bit of formality

Juliette

A Good Software with Minor Complaints

Bewertet am 29.8.2021

Overall, Canvas is a good software. I've used Blackboard before as well, but it was outdated and had a more confusing interface than Canvas. Canvas makes it easy to see and download assignments. The two minor issues with the software are the inconvenient mobile view and the notification settings.

Canvas is useful because I can see all of my coursework on one platform that is simple to use. I can organize my courses on the home page as I like, and when I click on the course, I can see modules, assignments, and tests attached to the course. Documents load very easily on Canvas, and I like being able to "preview" documents posted before downloading them.

I have two complaints about the Canvas software. First of all, the mobile version does not work well. I never downloaded the Canvas app, but did try to go on the website on my phone. The text was so small and the menus on the left side of the screen did not load well, so I could never use my phone to get on Canvas without the app. My other complaint with the software is that whenever anything was graded for a course, even if it was an older assignment, I'd get a notification. Perhaps this is just the settings set by the instructor and not Canvas itself, however.

• Branche: Schreiben & Editieren
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Canvas - The Best Online Classroom A Student Can Ever Have!

Bewertet am 17.2.2022

What I love most about Canvas' software was how simple and easy it is to use. It is the one platform that I have used for six-to-seven years that has allowed me to feel connected to my fellow students and professors most even during classes that were strictly online. It has options like a calendar that automatically shows you all of your assignments on their due dates a weekly and monthly glances. It has neatly color-coded panels that allow you to divide up and access your courses easily. It even has a built-in grade book so students can manage their grades, estimate their overall course grade using the built-in grade estimation system so they aren't in the fark about their grades the whole semester. It even has a feature where students can email other students and teachers directly through Canvas and a system where students can record themselves saying their name so it won't be mispronounced! There are so many other tools to name and I love that so very much about Canvas. For its inexpensive price, accessibility, and variety of tools, I would wholeheartedly recommend Canvas to any school or teacher to use.

While it's hard to pick out something that I didn't like about Canvas, I would say that the test and assessment grading system could use some improvement. It's a challenge for students and teachers alike to enter numerical equations that require certain formats such as scientific notation, for example, and it would be wonderful if that could be improved for future use. Even so, Canvas still has a great grading system for other courses that do not require equations and such so I still very much recommend it to anyone.

Deepali
  • Branche: Internet

Canvas - A full range of online training apparatuses

Bewertet am 4.4.2022

Excellent

Excellent

1) Gives inward correspondence, not needing an external message or email framework.

2) Incorporates a file sharing structure for informative materials inside the framework.

3) Gives an evaluating stage that is distinguishable by students and instructors.

Record names used to be shortened - however that is fixed at this point.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Google Classroom

Warum CANVAS gewählt wurde

Canvas takes the better part of the Google Classroom and consolidates them to work pretty flawlessly - reviewing, tasks, participation, record/document sharing - all coordinated into one stage. Moreover, the interior correspondence include makes communication between the student and instructors simple to track and follow. That is an incredible expansion to the general bundle.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Google Classroom
Rochelle
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Using Canvas in the Classroom

Bewertet am 4.11.2021

My overall experience with Canvas has been very positive. This platform has made my life so much easier as a busy instructor with seven or eight classes in a semester. Also, the platform makes it so easy to move from semester to semester with the copy feature. We do not have to recreate the will every semester. Our videos are there, along with handouts and tests. And, if we need to update a tests, it is easy to copy the updated tests to all of your classes.

My college has been using Canvas for the last several years. It is so instructor and student friendly. We are able to upload assignments, create videos, and grade with such ease. Also, students are able to navigate the platform very easily.

There are a couple of features that I think could be improved, and they are deleting old emails and sending emails to all of my classes. I wish that I could highlight all of the emails and delete in small batches. Also, it would be great to email several classes at one time.

Blake
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

This is what an LMS should be!

Bewertet am 29.7.2019

We switched to Canvas when our school went 1:1. This was a key component of the success of our program.

This LMS has become the hub of my classroom. It holds both students and teachers accountable with complete tracking of assignments.

It could have better integration with our SIS (FACTS), but I think this is more of an issue with FACTS.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Blackboard Learn und Schoology

Zuvor genutzte Software

Blackboard Learn und Schoology

Gründe für den Wechsel zu CANVAS

Schoology was a close second, mainly because of their workload planning, but the overall interface and the fact the many of our students will see Canvas when they go to college, it was the clear choice.
Eduardo

CANVAS to Learn

Bewertet am 6.7.2021

CANVAS is superior to blackboard, even though we could argument blackboard is more complete, it is "0" user friendly therefore as a student it is hard to get the best out of the software. Thanks to CANVAS´ simple approach it is very easy to navigate once you had 2 or 3 courses and you can easily find what you are looking for. I sincerely recommend CANVAS.

Very user-friendly interface, easy to find what you are looking for with clear icons and titles being displayed.
For general areas such as courses, dashboard and calendar they are easy to use, and you can even add reminders to your calendar besides those posted by teachers.

Sometimes, once you are inside a class within the software it may vary drastically from teacher to teacher. The software allows for customization therefore it can cause confusion for students for there is not only 1 format to visualize the classes.

marki

CANVAS from student POV

Bewertet am 14.8.2020

I had a good experience with CANVAS. It was easy to use and flowed nicely while I navigated throughout to complete my schooling.

Mostly I like the To Do list set up. This greatly helped me keep track of assignments, when they were do and what new ones were coming up. I could also just click right on the link and would be taken directly to the assignment. It was also very helpful that each to do list was separated into its own class. I was able to stay organized because of this feature. I also loved that there is a mobile app so I can check in with my assignments, grades or inbox wherever I am.

During my classes there is an option to have your grades be shown in the corner of the class box. On the app I had to repeatedly keep checking that I wanted my grades to be shown. Every time I would log back into CANVAS my preference would change. This did get frustrating because I prefer having my grades somewhere easy to keep an eye on instead of always having to go through the menu steps and switching between grade books in my classes to see my grade.

• Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

A Fantastic Platform for Team/Class Oriented Organization

Bewertet am 28.8.2019

Canvas has been a great platform in my career as a student and as an employee. From being able to take quizzes directly on the platform, to getting involved in very thoughtful discussions, Canvas has been something that has facilitated my learning experiences, inside the classroom and in the office. The digitalization of coursework, readings, and writings, has made a positive impact on the environment, and also allows its users to take their work with them wherever they go- as everything is accessible via the mobile app, or through the website on their laptop. This has made the experience absolutely positive for me and those who I have studied and worked with over the years.

Canvas is a software that I have been using for multiple years now, having used it originally in school, and now in college at Georgetown University while also making use of the software's organizational benefits as an Intern at EY. There are a few aspects of this program that stand out to me as being significantly beneficial. Firstly, Canvas, as a platform, is used for connecting users in an organization (class, work project, team, etc.) under one platform. The administrator (boss, professor, team leader) can then publish documents, quizzes, links, and other files so that its users can all view them, without the need for the administrator to send these files to each user individually. Perhaps the largest pro of a software like Canvas is that, on the same platform where files are published and shared with others, users can also engage in blog posts, discussions, Zoom conferences, and more features; all of which allow them to communicate with and learn from each other while also becoming familiar with any material posted by their boss, team leader, or professor. This synergy is what makes canvas special and unique; it is a one-stop-shop for individuals in an organization to parttake in multiple means of learning, all in the same location.

Despite being a phenomenal software platform, perhaps one of its downfalls is that, when using CANVAS in school or in college, the dashboard can get relatively messy. When enrolled in many different classes across different semesters, older classes tend to stay on your dashboard and this can make it difficult to keep your new classes a priority at first glance. While this is easy to edit in your Canvas settings, I personally believe this should be something that the user can edit from the homepage. In addition, it would be a large plus to the aspect of organization if users could customize the menu bar on the left side of the website, to only show the tabs they want to see for each class or project (files, modules, pages, discussions, announcements, grades, etc.)

Sam
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

My favorite course management software

Bewertet am 28.2.2020

Overall I'm happy with Canvas. My students use Moodle in most of their other classes, but I'm still holding out... I just think it's a superior product.

My institution uses Moodle, which I have found to be extremely cumbersome. So a few years ago, I switched to the free-for-teachers version of Canvas, and have never looked back. My favorite specific feature of Canvas is the Speed-grader, which changed my life when I switched from Moodle. I also like the way the online quizzes work. More generally what I like about Canvas is the unified design. Where as open-source course management software feels like a hodgepodge of different options and designs Frankensteined together, Canvas feels like there is a design team actually thinking through the way it should look and operate. I appreciate the flexibility it gives me with regard to the layout of the home page, how I can control what the students see, etc. Also, over the six years that I have used Canvas, I've seen features get improved in response to user suggestions. Always a good thing.

Like all course management software, there are times when I feel that too much clicking is involved to accomplish basic tasks, or little things that should be possible are not. For example, when making rubrics for assignments, there is no way to shuffle the order of the categories. If you want to add a new line in the rubric between lines 2 and 3, you'd have to delete all the lines after 2 and start over from there. Little things like that, which aren't a huge deal, but sometimes do leave me scratching my head. Also I wish the question banks for quizzes were a little easier to manage.

Pablo
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Build for teachers

Bewertet am 29.10.2020

Canvas is, by their own admission, a feature-poor software with lots of customizable and additional opportunities to expand it.
That is true. You need to learn how to use it, play nice with it, and it will play nice with you and with many other integratable softwares.
Adapt to its quirks and you will be happy with it.

1) Easy to use as a teacher. Once you get the schema of how the software works and accept its ways and limitations, then you can really use it to your advantage within that framework.
2) Integration with other softwares. Canvas integrates with many other LTI providers, but everyone is slightly different, so you need to be willing to pay the price to learn how to integrate things carefully.
3) Speedgrader is nice. I've seen better ones in other LMSs, but Canvas Spreedgrader is pretty good.
4) Training and support. You can find, if you search carefully, tons of training resources for Canvas.

1) It's easy to create things that clutter your course, system almost without knowing.
2) The assessment engine is quite limited. The new quiz engine is still too buggy to use and has been way overdue.
3) I hate that there is not an autosave feature, specially when building quizzes. More than once, I accidentally save the quiz without saving the individual question and loose a ton of work.
4) It's almost impossible to find your grades across multiple courses. You have to go to each course individually and click several places at that.

Lorraine

Canvas - Secure E-Learning Platform for All

Bewertet am 3.5.2021

Positive. The Canvas guides, videos, Community and help desk are really fabulous. Being able to access the answer to development questions 24/7 is a game changer for motivated learners.

For personalization and differentiation Canvas supports mastery paths which when built carefully give this platform an innovative edge for teachers. Canvas continues to improve their product with every update. Canvas is aware of industry trends and learners needs and makes sure their platform exceeds expectations.

When Canvas became our LMS for e-learning I was delighted. Having a secure, self-contained platform was a game-changer for teachers and students. Using SSO (single sign on) enabled users to access their classes easily and without fail. The course customization and integration with other tools (OneNote, Google, Flipgrid, Formative, etc.) made advanced users look like wizards of course design. The calendar feature which allows students to track and plan for assignments empowers learners.

Canvas was ahead of the curve when it comes to individual feedback. Their voice or video comment feature has been personalizing the virtual classroom for years. Canvas is great for Professional Develpment especially with the discussion feature. Learners can respond to and interact with one another asynchronously and this authentic interaction benefits students and teachers alike.

There were times when the customization features were not enough in Canvas. The platform itself is not visually appealing at first. The user has to carefully desing the course, beginning with the end in mind, to make it visually appearing and navigable for the learner.

Additionally, it may just have been our district instance but the integration with PowerSchool gradebook was both a plus and a minus. Teachers loved that interaction as it saved so much time grading. When that interaction had glitches it was a nightmare and sometimes difficult to solve or to find the root cause. This was often the fault of browser updates or software bugs, not Canvas.

Maritza
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Design Your Dream Course on Canvas

Bewertet am 14.1.2022

Designing online course content has been easier with the use of Canvas. It has made teaching in an online setting much more rewarding as I am able to focus more on students and their learning instead of spending time trying to figure out how to use software.

The intuitive design features and ease of use are great! You can create a great course in a short amount of time and you can share courses with colleagues for this purpose, too! If you're new to online course design, Canvas is definitely the platform to use. It also has design features for more advanced users that let you customize your content even further. There's definitely something for everyone here - whether your a new online content creator or well-versed.

If I had to pick one thing it would be the actual process of integration of external software. While I love that I can integrate external software, the process is multi-step and counterintuitive. You have to secure permissions (product key or registration number externally) and separately add/activate the software in the settings feature for the course (for EACH course), and a few other steps when you actually want to use the external program in Canvas for an assignment. It does require a bit of setup and patience. The good thing is that once you do it, you're set for the term.

Kenyon
Kenyon
  • Branche: Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Empowering Learning with a Cutting-Edge Platform

Bewertet am 17.4.2023

One of the standout features of Canvas is its robust grading and feedback system. I can easily create rubrics, provide feedback on assignments, and grade student work with speed and accuracy. The platform also offers plagiarism detection tools, which help me ensure academic integrity in my assessments.Another aspect of Canvas that I find immensely valuable is its analytics and reporting capabilities. The platform provides detailed insights into student performance, engagement, and participation, allowing me to identify areas where students may need additional support and tailor my teaching accordingly.Canvas also offers seamless integration with other learning tools and services, making it a comprehensive and versatile platform. I can integrate third-party apps, such as Google Drive and Zoom, to enhance my teaching and provide a seamless learning experience for my students.Canvas by Instructure has been a game-changer in my teaching practice. Its user-friendly interface, customization options, communication features, robust grading and feedback system, analytics and reporting capabilities, integration with other learning tools, and exceptional support and training make it a top-notch learning management system. I highly recommend Canvas to educators who are looking for a cutting-edge platform to empower their teaching and enhance the learning experience for their students.

As an educator, I am always on the lookout for innovative and effective tools to enhance my teaching and make the learning experience more engaging for my students. I recently started using Canvas by Instructure, and I am thrilled to say that it has exceeded my expectations in every way.One of the things that has impressed me the most about Canvas is its user-friendly interface. Navigating through the platform is a breeze, and the intuitive design makes it easy for both teachers and students to find what they need quickly. The dashboard provides a comprehensive overview of all my courses, assignments, and announcements, allowing me to manage my classes efficiently and stay organized.The customization options in Canvas are outstanding. I can easily create and customize course modules, assignments, and quizzes to suit the unique needs of my students. The platform also offers a wide range of multimedia options, allowing me to incorporate videos, images, and interactive content into my lessons to make them more engaging and dynamic.The communication features in Canvas are top-notch. I can send announcements, messages, and notifications to my students, facilitating seamless communication and keeping them informed about important updates and deadlines. The discussion boards are also a fantastic tool for fostering collaborative learning and facilitating peer-to-peer interactions.

While Canvas is known for its user-friendly interface, some users, especially those who are less tech-savvy, may find it challenging to learn initially. It may take some time and effort to familiarize oneself with all the features and functionalities of the platform, especially for those who are new to learning management systems (LMS). Although Canvas has a mobile app, some users may find that the mobile version has limitations compared to the desktop version. Certain features, such as complex grading or content creation, may be more challenging or limited on mobile devices, which could impact the ability to manage courses effectively on the go.