PracticePanther Legal Case Management Bewertungen

PracticePanther Legal Case Management

Easy software for law firms, paralegals, lawyers/attorneys.

4.8/5 (232 Bewertungen)
Mit Google übersetzen

After years of begging them for real fixed price billing, I'm giving up.

Täglich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 2.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It was a good start to law firm management, now I need something that works like a law firm needs to work, not force my law firm to work like the software wants me to.

It's easy to learn the basics. The calendar is good, it's helpful that they show tasks there. Searching is great. It's totally adequate if all you do is bill for time and integrate with Quickbooks.

Panther has no report on Items (e.g. how much of your revenue is from Document Drafting vs Litigation). To get such a report, you MUST integrate with Quickbooks. But the biggest problem is that Fixed Price billing (what they call "Flat Fee") is worthless.

Fixed Price billing was clearly an afterthought, and their implementation has not changed at all since the early days when I started using it: 1) It does not let you assign an Item as you can with time entries, so you can't easily tell Quickbooks that a Fixed Price invoice was for a trademark application, not doc review; 2) You can't assign a lawyer to a Fixed Price billing, so you cannot get a report to help you pay everyone proportionally to their Fixed Price billings; 3) Fixed Price matters become immediately billable even if no work has been done, so you must manually keep track of when it's time to invoice for a Fixed Price matter, and there's no report on billable Fixed Price matters; 4) When entering time on a Fixed Price matter, there's way no way to check whether you are about to exceed the budget, and no way anywhere to compare budgeted vs actual.

If you're a modern firm moving to fixed price as much as possible, you'll spend a LOT of time looking for work-arounds, and you'll find that implementing your work-arounds will chew up any time saving you might have gotten from using the rest of the software.

I can't wait to change to software that does Fixed Price right.

Antwort von PracticePanther Legal Software

Hey Michael, thank you so much for you feedback. I just wanted to let you know that based on the feedback of our users, yourself included, we have implemented a NEW FLAT FEE pricing option. We are the ONLY ones in the market to offer this function! We understand that the needs of our firms are constantly evolving and we value the suggestions and feedback of all of our users.

You can check out the guide published by our training department here:

Furthermore, visit our updates page for past and future releases.

Thanks for being a valued customer from the beginning!

5.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to use practice management software with top-end functionality at low price

Bewertet am 3.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Easy of keeping track of deadlines and client contacts. Overall, the best practice management software I have seen for the price. I would say this performs better than CLIO (I've used it with ALL of the add-ons), way better than AMICUS and MyCase and similar to ABACUS. They need to add a matter pre-billing function to run attorney's fees reports and allow you to copy/paste e-mails into the matter, but otherwise this is a perfect solution for most practitioners. Unless you are using the rules-based calendaring in ABACUS or Westlaw's Firm Central, I have not seen a product that is nearly as useful on the market.

Unlike a number of the cheaper practice management software programs on the market today, Practice Panther has a wide range of functions within the software which are easy to use. Instead of just having "Tasks" or "to-dos", PP allows you to create Activities which can be "Events" "E-mails" "Phone calls" or "Tasks". On the Task front, PP allows you to set sub-reminders that can send you e-mails or text messages in advance, like say "7 days before," and "3 days before," for a filing deadline. I also think it is pretty fantastic that PP shows whether a time entry has been completed for EVERY SINGLE ACTIVITY marked "completed" or "in progress". This would be incredibly useful for practitioners (mostly civil) managing staff and trying to deal with staff not accounting for all of their time in billing. The "mail sync" function is also easy to use, and allows you to e-mail out of your native software (MS Outlook, GMAIL, etc) and simply "bcc" the client matter itself. When you do this, the e-mail is automatically saved into the matter. Almost every other program out there that I have used requires you to use their client messaging portal to get the same functionality.

The templates are easy to use for creating documents to merge out of PP also. Think client engagement letters, releases, and basic letterheads that you use in every file. We don't use PP for accepting payments so I cannot comment on that portion.

1. Matter pre-bills or invoicing. In many civil cases there will be a time when you need to prepare a billing report to present to the court solely for a claim of attorney's fees. In other software that I have used, you can run a report for a set period of time or type of billing entries which will then create a printable draft invoice-looking document. You would then be able to slap an exhibit sticker on that document and use it for your attorney's fee request. I haven't found a way to easily do this in PP yet, and it seems like you would have to utilize a draft invoice which captures all time billed in the matter. I could be wrong.

2. No Batch Entry System for E-mails. PP has a GREAT syncing system that works with your native e-mail so you can BCC messages into the matter when you send or receive them. However, if you forget to include the mail-sync in your BCC line, or don't forward a message to the mail-sync, there is no easy way to subsequently get the e-mails into the matter in PP. What I mean is this: say you have a number of e-mails from someone that weren't saved into a client PP matter and instead lived in your Outlook before the client actually hired. You would have to manually forward each one of your emails to the mail-sync to get them into PP.

Additionally, if you are a federal criminal lawyer and use CORRLINKS to communicate with your clients you will know that you can't forward out of that system. PP doesn't let you copy/paste emails so your stuck.

Mit Google übersetzen

A well designed CRM and so far, we cannot be happier with the product

Bewertet am 13.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Part of M Legal's mission is to stay innovative. Practice Panther (PP) as a case relationship management (CRM) tool has redesigned how the firm works overall. The user experience from the moment a client logs onto our website, uses the embedded intake form, to create a client profile to PP is seamless. This is just one of the time-saving tools we have discovered.

This automated way of working and being able to integrate systems has forced M Legal to rethink how we work and more importantly, how to we can simplify our working processes. This has been a real game-changer for the business.

While many of us worked with CRMs in the past, most of them were clunky and stand-alone systems that could not work with other applications or software. PP has made managing clients much easier, where our lawyers are in control from the moment a case is initiated, all the way through to billing clients. This has also given a level of transparency across the practice as lawyers can pick up any file from where the last person left off and delegate their work during absences. This transparency was a key selling point for us as we believe it is a core component of running an effective law firm.

The user experience from the moment a client logs onto our website, uses the embedded intake form, to create a client profile to PP is seamless. This is just one of the time-saving tools we have discovered. This automated way of working and being able to integrate systems has forced M Legal to rethink how we work and more importantly, how to we can simplify our working processes.
We have experienced our fair share of poor technical support teams when using other software programs. With PP, despite the time differences between Miami and Sydney, their technical support team are always available, whether it is through the chat portal, email or by phone. Each technical person is professional, knowledgeable and continues to take care of your matter until it is resolved. Further, they always have something new to teach you about the PP system on each call. I cannot express how impressed we are, with what we consider as stellar service from this tech support team.

Naturally, a product such as this is not going to have universal application across all legal fields. I would say that in the immigration space the status of a case is really important, so having a status bar that is customisable would be a feature that could be improved. Also, a lot of our data from clients are taken from in-take forms - we require intake forms that are easier to build and that have the capability of storing more information. While these are work in progress type issues, this certainly does not take away from PP's product, which we believe is a well designed and thought through CRM system.

Bewertet am 7.4.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Before PracticePanther my client information was all over my computer. I kept track of billable hours and financials in Exel, client emails in Google, and my forms (intake, representation, agreements, court filings etc) in Word. This meant in order to have everything as it pertained to a specific client in one place, I had to print everything out. And, I was using nonlegal software to send out billing invoices which lead to long hours of transcribing information from Excel to the service I was using. The rate of error of retyping information like addresses or agreements or billable hours into different software programs was high. I am a solo practitioner who does not have a clerk, secretary or paralegal. So after a long day of work, I then had to become the marketing, IT and accounting departments. I spent a lot of time doing things two and three times. I knew I needed a case management system but was afraid it would be too expensive or time consuming to learn.

After doing my due diligence I found PracticePanther. Not only was PP one of the most affordable options out there, they had very intuitive methods of doing things so the learning curve did not take much time. Now anything and everything pertaining to a specific client is kept in one place. All billables, emails, evidence, representation agreements¿I even enter details of phone calls and meetings I have on matters in the Notes section for each matter so I have a documented history of what was discussed on what day. PracticePanther has cut the amount of time I spend on my office management duties by about 65%. I use that time to grow my practice, network or do pro bono work.

I love the IT help, the invoicing system and the templates feature. I had a lot of questions and needed a lot of help in the beginning. Being able to schedule times to discuss my issues with the IT guys at PracticePanther was great. The fact that they can take over your computer remotely so they can see what you see in real time is even better. Their response time to non-scheduled issues is pretty fast. I have also found their FAQs and how to videos to be extremely helpful but having a live person to speak with who can access your computer is just as good as having someone standing next to me while I work.

The invoicing system is phenomenal. It keeps track of all of my client banking accounts. I can see at any time how much is in my IOLTA account, how much is in my operating account, how much a client owes, how much a client has paid and how much I have billed a client but not yet invoiced. I can do this client by client, matter by matter or as an overall total. LawPay is free if you sign up through PracticePanther which is awesome because it handles my credit card transactions and when a client pays, it automatically updates my invoicing and accounts. PracticePanther also knows how to deduct things from a client's retainer when sending out an invoice so you don't have to worry about that either. Their timing device feeds right into the system. It is awesome.

Great Legal Practice Management software that is not expensive

Bewertet am 22.8.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I'm a sole practitioner and I was looking for legal practice management software that was easy to use and reasonably comprehensive. Previously I had recommended ActionStep to my previous colleagues in a 4-5 lawyer lawfirm. This was also a good product, but PracticePanther in my view is better in many ways. For cloud storage I use Box, and this connects easily with PracticePanther so that I can see all the documents that relate to a matter. PracticePanther uses a simple tab structure for each matter so that you can easily and quickly look at notes, activities, time records, payments, invoices etc. I'm really quite impressed with the software and would recommend it to anyone. It is very easy to see what you have been paid in a given period, what you are owed, and what you have to bill. I'm only one user, but you can have many users and each can see this from the dashboard screen. I'm a bit of a techie person and I've spent many hours investigating the different legal practice management software systems. PracticePanther comes a clear first, for my needs.

There are many things I like about the software. The main ones are:
- The search function. This makes searching for contacts or matters very easy. This is available on many of the screens as well as the dashboard.
- The price is very reasonable for a sole practitioner, and cheaper than the other software I have investigated
- Easy to create templates
- The screens are easy to understand and its a joy to use the software
- its relatively easy to import contacts (which i did from my gmail)
- billing is really good
- the client portal is amazing (you can even see when your client's read their invoices)
- it is improving all the time - there are regular weekly and monthly updates
- I find the relationships tab really useful to keep all my contacts related to the matter together for each of use
- there are many other pros about this software - try it and see for yourself

- the software is not perfect - it would be good if viewing emails from external email (e.g. gmail) could be improved so that they are more readable
- secure messages could be improved to allow attaching multiple files without the need to zip
- greater connection with Box so that Box's sharing could be linked to a contact without the need to manually enter the contacts email address when you are inside the contact's matter

Antwort von PracticePanther Legal Software

Thanks for the glowing review Hamish! Happy you enjoy the software, we're improving every week and love your constant feedback.

Mit Google übersetzen

Great and improving all the time!

Bewertet am 6.7.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This is an update to a previous review I made.

The folks at Panther are impressive. They've taken recommendations I and others have made and implemented them; they've quickly addressed issues I've had; and they are always courteous and responsive. The overall layout has vastly improved since my first review, and looks downright beautiful. We live by the search feature and it now works on custom fields. Custom fields can now also be listed in reports. You can now group custom fields so that you may show only those fields in a matter or contact that pertain to their specific situation. We have structured Panther so we can use it as a basic CRM...which is an immense work-flow savings for us. We asked for Dropbox integration and what they produced is perfect (considering the limitations of Dropbox). Time keeping is a snap and reachable from any screen. We asked to be able to a log call without assigning it to a matter, and they changed that so now we can. The tasking feature and its integration with the calendar is fantastic, I could not service so many clients without it. And the Panther folks have taken it on themselves to make some minor changes that have made the workflow of using the program much faster than in my previous review.

I now can answer the question I posed in my earlier review of whether I love or hate Panther: We love it. I admit that it's not perfect (a couple of basic features in billing need to be addressed before I am willing to use that portion of the program), but Panther saves us many hours a week. I tried many firm management products before settling on Practice Panther, and I am glad I stayed with them. It's already better than the others, and it keeps getting better all the time thanks to their team. You cannot go wrong choosing Practice Panther.

Final note: To my surprise one lawyer told me Panther seemed expensive. Really?! It seems well priced to me, and if you try to save a few dollars a month with some inferior product you will pay dearly for that choice in lost time.

Beautiful layout, easy to use, functions as a basic CRM, matter and time management, and billing program all in one.

Flat fee billing is not well thought out, and the billing module presents clients with a reckoning of my operating account as well as their trust account. (I understand Panther may have made the operating account info optional by now, or that is in their near term plan.)

Mit Google übersetzen

Simple sophisticated software that will simplify your practice

Bewertet am 31.7.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This is a complete solution for my practice. I am a single solo so the document automation, notes, time entries and billing are a great way to save time and effort.

One of the best features of the software is not so much a feature but the logic employed in designing the flow of data. I have used a number of the more popular programs and can heartily recommend this as the best I have found. The ease of use makes it a top choice if you have staff that will use it. I am a single solo and it is not one of my concerns yet. But, I can't see anyone not understanding the flow of information. The automation is superb. Document assembly is easy and logical. One of the best features is the Forms generator. Email the form to your client or prospective client - they fill it out - and it goes right into your data. No need to waste time inputting names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and any other data you would like to have handy in your file.

Tracking time is a breeze as is generating invoices, tracking retainer accounts, tracking trust accounts and more (I find the accounting component more than meets my needs).

Over time you will come to rely on the information in the program over the physical file. It has become my organizational hub for all that I do.

I would like to see a thick book explaining all the capabilities and limits. The support people are great and can answer any question - I just like to read it and push the software to its limits. I have used PP for some time - moving to another package for some time. At twice the price - it did less. In my brief time away the product dramatically improved & I am back and very happy.

Great Product!

Bewertet am 11.4.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I recently switched to PracticePanther after 20 years using different version of Amicus Attorney. While Amicus helped me to keep my practice moving for years, the lack of continuing support for the product and meaningful changes caused me to start looking at alternatives. After researching the current crop of practice management programs and downloading several demo's, I ended subscribing to the PracticePanther team. The first reason I chose PP was the fact that I was able to create "workflows" that automate a ton of the tasks required for several practices areas. For example, a new misdemeanor criminal case can have the misdemeanor workflow that I created applied and all of the steps for the cases are automatically generated. The scheduling of the first client meeting, initial hearing, filing of our appearance, requesting discovery, sending discovery, attending the pretrial conference, plea meeting with client and change of plea hearing all become tasks or calendar events with just the touch of a button. My assistant then just needs to coordinate the dates for all of the auto-generated tasks or events in order to have the file completely organized. The workflow also assigns the responsibility for completion of tasks automatically to me or my staff so we all are reminded of what needs to take place next. The second selling feature for me was the automated email and text-message reminders that can be generated to the client (and to staff if desired). I like that I receive a text reminder from my dentist's office and wanted something similar. For all events that I create within the workflow, I can assign the reminder details. This has significantly lowered the number of no-shows that I have for office meetings and court hearings and reduces the staff time that was spent before calling to remind clients of court dates and meetings. The third key feature that I really wanted was the secure client portal feature. The portal allows me to hand incoming clients an Ipad to have them fill out their intake information that we would need to create a new client file. Once the client has completed the information on the Ipad, it automatically creates a new contact within the PP system and we can then easily generate a new matter if we are hired. For clients that we choose to work with, they are also sent an email invitation to open their secure portal, thus allowing them access to their online file within the PP system. Clients love it.

Great tools, great automation, great customer support

There are continuing areas that we could further automate to make the product even more amazing.

Mit Google übersetzen

We have been very happy with the process and responsiveness of PP. Happy we took the plunge.

Bewertet am 27.7.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We are becoming more efficient and better able to service our clients at a higher level. It ultimately will allow me to market our firm even better. My team is getting very excited about it.
Everything has been positive thus far. There is a lot to learn on the software. As we have a lot of people working with the software at once, it results in people achieving knowledge quickly. However, that is to be expected with any practice management software. The good thing is that PP personnel are always there to help.

We are just getting started with the software and have been implementing only for a few weeks. I will update my experience again in about one month.
Although we were efficient, we were not hyper-efficient before Practice Panther. Also, although we are a very systematic firm with set processes, our significant growth made it impossible for us to sustain the systems without a practice management software. From what I have seen, Practice Panther allows us to become hyper efficient because of the following:
1. We are now able to input data one time rather than several times allowing our staff to work on more things and learn more substantive tasks.
2. Inputting information then populates forms and sets up matters.
3. We are able to task and monitor the tasks without relying on memory, sticky notes, pads of paper and task lists.
4. All of the information is now in one place without the need of navigating through various portions of our database.
5. Our clients are happy with the immediate availability and access to their documents without having to request it via email and the ability to communicate through the portal.
6. I believe that the system will allow us to increase capacity and scale our practice.Our model is simple. We try to make the experience for our clients seamless and effortless through the use of portals and constant access to the resources of our firm. The technology will allow us to compete against larger firms.

Easy and efficient

Bewertet am 11.7.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Being a new firm and a newly solo practitioner, I wanted the most efficient way to do it all enter my time and expenses, invoice, communicate with clients, use intake templates, etc. More, I practice throughout Northern California and log a lot of travel time meeting with clients, attending arbitrations or court appearances, or at speaking engagements. With that, I needed easy access on my laptop or phone to a law practice management system.
Previously, I did not have the ability to easily and quickly access a law practice management system. I also had numerous systems for entering time, tracking potential clients, invoicing, and the like. I love that I can use Practice Panther as a "one stop shop", even to pay bills, and that I can use it anywhere and on any device. It has made the hectic life of a newly solo and "on-the-go", mobile attorney much easier. I no longer have to worry about spending too much time on pesky administrative tasks.

Other than it being a "one stop shop" and the ease of accessibility, I have been impressed with Practice Panther's ability to respond to my specific needs. A significant amount of my work is for unions and clients with multiple matters. Initially, Practice Panther was unable handle invoicing and billing for an individual contact with multiple matters. However, I approached them with my needs and they created a "fix" to their system within a week. They also followed up to ensure that I was satisfied. I was certainly impressed by Practice Panther's speed and attentiveness.

I am still trying to learn all of the ins and outs. I need a bit more tutelage on the nuances. At times, customer service may not answer all of the questions, however, they have been very responsive to my needs once I call or make them known.

7.0/10

Working with Practice Panther

Bewertet am 18.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The user-interface is designed for quick and easy navigation. You can look at your dashboard and very clearly see everything you need to know for your day to run smoothly (well as smoothly as possible). It is cost effective and the onboarding and training are taken care of with Practice Panther's incredible customer service.

Before PracticePanther we had started an Excel spreadsheet to log our contacts for conflicts checks. We created a joint email account with Gmail so our email would be centralized and that also gave us a central calendar that we all had access to in order to set appointments, record deadlines, etc. We also created a Dropbox account for file storage.

While everything was low cost or free, all the parts felt scattered. PracticePanther pulls it all together in one beautiful, user-friendly interface. Now, instead of having to pull up 5 or 6 different apps/websites, we are able to pull up just one site and have everything right there. All of the components of PracticePanther are really easy to use. The entire program is designed for efficiency and ease of use. Color-coding allows you to see and understand your financial details in mere seconds. Tasks, events, and timekeeping are easy.

I would like to see the software integrate with more programs. Quickbooks is great, but my brain works better with Wave Accounting; LawPay is great, but being able to integrate with PayPal also, would be even better. However, these are minor things and not worth seeking a different program I like as much as Practice Panther. I had shopped around quite a bit before choosing Practice Panther; I doubt I would find anything I like as much.

Hands down, our favorite thing about PracticePanther is the superior support staff. If you have a problem and leave a message after hours in the chat box, you get a response generally within the hour. There is also training videos and a help center that will help you find the help that you need.

Antwort von PracticePanther Legal Software

Thalia, I am so happy to let you know we are about to release our new API and Zapier integration, which will open the door to MANY more integrations. We highly recommend LawPay for a number of reasons, but if you must use PayPal, we do have an integration available. We will reach out to you to show you how it works. Thank you so much!

Mit Google übersetzen

TOP NOTCH CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY CAN ADAPT TO MEET YOUR NEEDS!

Bewertet am 28.1.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

The customer service reps are always available (through the website/app!) and are extremely flexible as far as meeting individual requests. The software overall is very intuitive and once the basic information is inputted, training other attorneys and staff is easy. The PracticePanther reps even offered to help with training and do individualized training as necessary!
The iphone app is simple yet you can do everything on it you need to - right from court. I never have to worry about missing court dates or even reminders to review certain files or specific documents because in less than a minute I can have a task set, reminders set, and it will popup as I set it. The calendar syncs with Google Calendar and they imported all of our client contacts from Quickbooks Online, saving us many hours of data entry.
We are getting into the more advanced functions like templates, workflows, and other automation and that's really where the software shines. You create the custom fields, you choose what information is important for every matter, and you can add-on as you are creating matters. The flexibility and ease of access to everything - including client files from DropBox, which can mirror any network - is unrivaled.
Really happy we went with PracticePanther. The amount of time saved having customer care/customer service always available is invaluable. Highly recommended for law firms of all sizes.

Still working on getting the office transitioned from a paper filing and calendaring system to online. So the one suggestion I would have is to maybe have an app for the calendar that is independent from the phone app - similar to google calendar.
Also, there should be a way to turn the default settings to "Do not email assignees" when a workflow is applied. But that's a tiny suggestion. Overall no major complaints.

Mit Google übersetzen

Incredible service for a great product

Bewertet am 12.5.2015
Quelle der Bewertung

While one of the newer players in the field of practice management, Practice Panther excels in relationship building and care for its users. Having tried nearly every product available, I found that Practice Panther was a cut above the others by way of their desire to be the best. During the trial period, I send a large list of things that I would like to see implemented or improved in the product. Their response, that they have begun making a number of improvements and tabled some of the others for future releases, was impressive. Not only that, shortly thereafter they had some of the changes implemented in the product and live for all the users.

Practice Panther is a great product that you can grow your practice with. The employees of the company are interested in making a superior product that exceeds the expectations of all its users.

The dashboard allows me to see, at a glance, my productivity and earnings for the month. I can add important calendar dates and reminders to the page quickly and get a high-level view of everything that I am working on at the time.

Practice Panther also integrates with Google calendar, mail, and apps which is great. It allows me to assign emails to certain folders in gmail and then see the communication string within the program. I can put a calendar entry on my phone while away and it will sync into the app.

It is a great tool to help track and grow my practice.

As I mentioned above, Practice Panther is newer than the others. There are some features that are coming down the pipeline, but not implemented yet. For instance, the trust accounting process is a little buggy. Some features take some getting used to, but all of this is countered by the fact that they are friendly, nice, and excited to make the program the best it can be.

Overall, well done Practice Panther!

Antwort von PracticePanther Legal Case Management Software

Thanks for the great review Jon! We have upgraded our trust accounting to include over 35 reports you can export for your accountant. You can reconcile your account with your bank, view trust ledgers, sync with QuickBooks Online, use UTBMS codes or LEDES98B billing if needed, and much more. You can learn more and see some reports here: https://www.practicepanther.com/iolta-trust-accounting-software-attorneys/

Mit Google übersetzen

Fantastic software that will change your practice. Amazing customer support.

Bewertet am 28.3.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

After spending months researching, and receiving demonstrations on, dozens of case management software options (using Capterra as a starting point), I finally decided on PracticePanther. We are now in the process of fully integrating all aspects of our practice into this software and we are continuing to find new features that will make our office more efficient. This and the customer support continually prove to me that I made the right choice.

PracticePanther is easy to use and incredibly customizable. In that it is web-based, it is accessible from any computer or device with an internet connection. We use it to store all pertinent case information and contacts, and to calendar appearances, tasks, court and internal deadlines and reminders. We use the feature which allows you to create workflows so that we don't have to reinvent the wheel every time we want to establish/calendar the same set of tasks on a new matter. PracticePanther makes it easy to track time spent and expenses on all of our cases. Also, it allows all users to view and track the activity of other all other users, which minimizes the need to constantly follow up with other members of the firm regarding status of task completion.

PracticePanther integrates with Box.com. So if you house your case files within Box.com you can access them directly through PracticePanther. Because of this, we are now integrating all of our files with Box.com so that we can use this feature. The prospect of having all case information, calendaring, AND the case file accessible from any device anywhere, is very exciting.

There is a great feature that allows you to create fully customized intake questionnaires that can be sent to potential clients via a link. Once the potential client fills out the information it is automatically uploaded to PracticePanther.

There are great demonstration videos and articles on their website which really help you to familiarize yourself with the product, although it's very easy to figure out on your own as it is extremely intuitive.

However, the greatest part of PracticePanther is its customer support. It is always easy to get a hold of someone to answer your questions. Best of all is that they listen to your feedback and use it to improve upon their product with regular updates. I have seen many of my suggestions come to life in a short amount of time. They truly want to hear what you have to say in order to make their product better!

Mit Google übersetzen

Practicepanther is the most economical, easiest to integrate, full-service, law firm software!

Bewertet am 27.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

If I've ever had an issue such as integrating a calendar, it didn't last long. Tech support is as easy as a chat or phone call. Everyone I've worked with at Practice Panther has been quick to respond with an immediate answer.

When an attorney can access the most recent case status at any time or place, he or she can direct their assistants to reschedule, contact a client, or draft a document for review, directly from within the software. "Time" is more than money, it can be the difference in a favorable decision for your client, and effective service can lead to your next client referral.
Everything you need to know, from billable hours, account balances, recent notes, phone calls, or critical events are available from the app on your phone or your home or office computer. Practicepanther provides you the "time" to provide your clients with the best legal service you can give. Practicepanther even provides a billable timer than integrates directly into the matter you are working on.
As a previous user of Needles, and Time Matters, Practicepanther has faster integration, and does so much more. It's design makes it simple to use for even those who have never used legal office-management software. Perfect for solo offices or large firms.

Antwort von PracticePanther Legal Software

Thank you so much Mary for the raving review!

Legal Software - Very Complete

Bewertet am 29.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My overall experience with Practice Panther is that it makes our work tracking and communication in between the team and with clients SO easy. I would recommend this platform because it is a very friendly software with a good price.

What I loved about this software is that it is very complete. It allows you to have a database of all your clients with all the information you will need to work on their case. Also, time tracker to track work time for every client. It doesn't only do that, it allows you to issue an invoice and send it to clients. In addition to this, the program allows to create matters, this makes it very easy to track the work and very useful because every client we had could have several matters open. The task assignment is amazing and the calendar features incredible. The support I received whenever I had an issue, was very good quality.

What I didn't like was that it has an amazing sync with your dropbox and email BUT if you deleted any matter the whole folder in dropbox erased. So, if we deleted something just to close the case it would be deleted from our database in dropbox. We as lawyer, needed to keep files for at least 3 years.

Antwort von PracticePanther Legal Software

Hey Adria thank you for your awesome review!

I am glad to see that you are taking advantage of the easy features we offer and our world class customer support.

The DropBox sync does not delete your folder out if a matter is deleted on PracticePanther!

I will be reaching out to your firm to get you taken care of. Additionally, we have an amazing feature where you can mark a matter as "closed" rather than deleting it so that you can have all your information on the system and still run and view accurate reports!

We will speak soon!

Mit Google übersetzen

I am thrilled with the ease I can conduct business, track hours, set reminders, and bill clients.

Bewertet am 8.8.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

And Justice Legal provides family law, domestic violence, and criminal legal services to clients seeking understanding and guidance through difficult situations, so clients can find a better path on the other side. That path may connect clients with resources to address personal challenges, destructive choices, needed skill sets, or boundaries.

The founding partner of And Justice Legal, graduated Magna Cum Laude from Georgetown University's School of Foreign Service in 1983 and is a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Ms. Rhodes received her Juris Doctorate in August 2000 from the University of New Mexico School of Law. At graduation Ms. Rhodes received the Atkinson Kelsey Award of Excellence in Family Law in recognition of her drafting and lobbying the first statute in New Mexico to require the domestic relations courts to consider domestic violence prior to awarding custody of a child.

After 17 years of practice, Practice Panther has assisted me in opening my own law firm with the many work flow tools and customer communication and educational opportunities. One of my favorite features is being able to move seamlessly from using PracticePanther on my Microsoft Word computer in the office to my iphone when I am on my way to Court. It makes it very easy to capture billing with the built in timer while at Court and then to take a snapshot of the receipt for parking and attach it to a client matter as an expense.

Mit Google übersetzen

Better than Clio, Better than anything on the market, Fast and Easy!

Bewertet am 18.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Many saved hours and freedom from frustration! Peace of mind seeing my trust balance and $ due/ $ paid on the dashboard.

Fast, easy to use, intuitive program, excellent, responsive customer service. After struggling with software that was too oriented to litigation law firms and didn't work for my IP practice and use of flat fees, software that didn't give me the reports I needed to run my business, and software that took me 2 hours to create invoices that displayed what I needed them to display, I found Practice Panther. It tells me what I want to know when I want to know it, and invoices are so quick and easy to create and customize on the fly. Perfect syncing with Quickbooks also keeps data entry at a minimum. Answer to my prayers!

There are still one or two reports I haven't figured out how to create; and I am still unsure how to work with PP and Quickbooks when it comes to billable expenses paid by credit card. I suspect these "cons" have more to do with me learning some of the more advanced, newer features, particularly dealing with cost accounting, and less to do with limitations of the software.

Automating your Law Office

Bewertet am 18.4.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Before we had Practice Panther we had Rocket Matter as our software management system and they increased our fees significantly after the 1st year of our subscription. Practice Panther has fixed rates. Before we were doing a lot of things manually and spending a significant amount of time finding information about clients, and copying and pasting descriptions of time for billing. Now we have easy access to client information and don't have most of those issues. Also, the templates and inputs are awesome for routine legal forms! The custom fields and custom groups are increasing effectiveness and efficiency and quality of the our practice because of less mistakes and less of the problem of finding old client's names in forms that you might miss. Once created, the templates also makes it easier to find the permanent form for the specific area for your practice. Practice Panther added the ability to bill your time right from the calendar soon after we subscribed which is a huge time advantage. Also, Practice Panther is mobile with a great iphone app and ipad app you can take in the court room or on the road. My receptionist and legal secretary can make appointments which immediately show up on my remote apps and vice versa, and the calendar and billing time also works great on those apps. I researched many legal software management programs before deciding on Practice Panther and I have not been disappointed. It is an excellent software management system for the small to medium size law firm.

The ability to use client information directly transferred into legal forms

Not a lot of flexibility to customize invoices

Mit Google übersetzen

Fantastic law firm management software. So glad I found PracticePanther!

Bewertet am 27.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Too many to list. From accounting, billing, calendar integration, etc. The program has been fantastic for my law firm.

Prior to PracticePanther, I used three pieces of locally-downloaded software one for billing, one for client management, and another for form creation. PracticePanther has provided the firm with a cloud-based solution that has replaced all three pieces of software. Additionally, because it is cloud-based, the firm can utilize the software on a number of platforms and in any location in fact, I am using it right now on my iPad at a coffee shop, after entering billable time on my Android phone earlier in the day.

In addition, PracticePanther's client portal has been a game changer. While I have not yet fully utilized the email replacement offered by the portal (baby steps), it has helped immensely with billing and in giving clients a great image of the firm. I have received a number of compliments on the portal it makes sending bills easy, paying bills easy, and working with clients a breeze.

I do wish PracticePanther had a more robust document preparation and CRM platform (like Lexicata). I am sure PP is working on integrating other providers into its software, and the pros FAR outweigh the cons.

Antwort von PracticePanther Legal Software

Thanks for the compliments! Would love to know what other document prep and CRM features you would like. Please contact us to let us know, thank you so much.

Perfect for my needs

Bewertet am 30.3.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have been using PracticePanther for my small law firm for a little over a year now. It has proven to be extremely valuable and has made my practice more productive. I have been able automate a variety of functions that I use every day to be more productive and expand my business. The software is extremely easy to customize and set up for my practice. Billing, intake forms, templates, workflows, calendar management and client relationship management, cloud storage, client portals with secure messaging are all integrated into the software. No hidden costs. Everything is included and no upcharges. Support is very responsive with several ways to contact them right within the program. They are also very responsive to suggestions and they have quickly integrated requested features. While I am not sure how many people work at PracticePanther, I imagine there a lot. However, I feel like I get the support of a local business and that my business matters.

I like just about everything about this software and have put most of my likes in my review.

It is hard to find a least like in this software, and if there ever is it get addressed and fixed. For example I had difficulty setting up my invoices but after contact with their support and granting them temporary access it was fixed in minutes

Mit Google übersetzen

Best firm management software on the market with the most personable company behind it!

Bewertet am 20.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Easily the most user-friendly law firm management software on the market with an awesome company and support staff behind it. Keeps me organized and streamlines everything from contacts and calendars to billing and invoicing. Changed the way my law firm runs.

User-friendly - Learning curve is easily the lowest of any firm management software out there
Support - Short training videos and support chat are right at your fingertips and easy to use so you get the most out of the software. Support staff are personable and very responsive - no waiting for days to get answers
Integration - Easily syncs with commonly used products like Quickbooks, Gmail, Outlook, and other legal software
Price - The price is competitive and gets you more bang for your buck compared to other software out there. They also partner with other companies which allows them to add little freebies, like covering the cost of your LawPay account if you use it. I expect they will keep giving cool incentives like that.

This software and company have changed how I run my law firm. I'm a believer and I hope they continue to do great things.

Still developing - PP is still developing so you do run into hiccups sometimes, but it is still the easiest firm management software to use and I have not had an issue yet that was not resolved by a quick chat session with support staff. They are continuing to add features and developing the product all the time, so I am excited to see what they do - really looking forward to seeing what they do with voice command integration

Antwort von PracticePanther Legal Software

Hey Lee! Thank you so much for your kind words. We take pride in on our system's ease of use and quick access to our support teams, that will never change.

We have many exciting new features rolling out this quarter so keep an eye on your inbox!

As far as voice integration goes, we already integrate with Alexa through a program called Tali for logging your time through speech. Please check them out and let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for being part of the PracticePanther family!

Mit Google übersetzen

my firm is a boutique law firm which specializes in trial work on behalf of other law firms.

Bewertet am 6.6.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I'm not sure there is anything I like "least" about the software. As with any software, I would like it to do exactly what I want to do tailored for my particular type of practice. That is obviously impossible absent having custom written software. However, after trying numerous platforms, Practice Panther is the closest thing I've been able to find two custom software.

When I oversaw operations at my previous firm, I always lamented my inability to leverage existing technology in a thoughtful and efficient way. Changing the dogma at an existing firm seems to be a significant barrier to many firms implementing technology solutions and, more importantly, sticking with them.When I decided to begin anew, I spent weeks trying all of the software out there. I tested the patience of the support teams as I pushed the limits of the various software platforms to make sure they would work in a way that integrated with how I work and think.

Once I found Practice Panther, I knew I was where I wanted to be. The program is intuitive, forward-thinking, and addresses the things that I care the most about. Support is rapid and efficient. I'm thrilled to have found Practice Panther as a partner.

Mit Google übersetzen

Fabulous! They made our transition easy, fast, and convenient.

Bewertet am 24.5.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Seamless integration with Office 365, Box (and Dropbox), Quickbooks, LawPay, and more. We are capturing more of our billable time and the client portal has decreased the time between invoice and payment resulting in higher collection rates. They also have a wonderful support team that really cares about making your user experience the best it can be.

I cannot say enough good things. There are so many Pros! Seamless integration with Box, Quickbooks, LawPay, and Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.). Transferring/Uploading client & matter information was easy and amazingly fast. We were up an running after only a few hours from creating our account. Our clients appreciate the Client Portal including being able to securely upload documents, send secure messages (rather than using email), receive invoices, and pay online.

We left another law firm management program, Rocket Matter, after only 2 weeks due to poor integration and non-stop headaches. I was worried Practice Panther would end up being much of the same, but I could not be happier we decided to jump to Practice Panther. Their tech support team strives to find solutions rather than simply telling us "no." Every time I wonder whether Practice Panther has the ability to do something, their team finds a way to make it happen. We are extremely happy with platform.

A few of the features were not immediately intuitive, but as we use it more and learn about all its features the happier we are with our choice.

Mit Google übersetzen

PracticePanther made it so easy to keep our clients happy and our employees happy.

Bewertet am 31.3.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I owe PracticePanther so much for helping our firm keep us true to our mission. At Ticket Drop, we made it a mission of our firm to provide the best customer service, so I have been looking for a reliable and affordable case management software that would help me do just that. I was hesitant to finally settle on one, but that changed when I tried PracticePanther. Almost immediately I found the software much more easy to use than the other products I tried out and it accomplished everything I was looking for to benefit my firm and my clients. We make sure each of our clients is able to communicate directly with the lawyer handling their ticket. PracticePanther's portal is so easy to use and intuitive, no one in our firm had any trouble getting our clients to use it to view the status of their case, billing, important announcements, and to keep track of all the work their lawyer was doing for them. I can tell you that our clients were incredibly grateful to have all the information available to them. PracticePanther made it so easy for them to see how hard we were working for them. PracticePanther made it so simple and faster to communicate with our clients and I know their software is saving us so much time in the short and long run. PracticePanther was the best way to show our clients that we mean what we say: that we value customer service. No other software out there made it so easy to keep our clients happy and our employees happy.

The guys over at PracticePanther's customer support are also incredibly helpful. The software is not hard at all to pick up, but when there were a few bumps in the road I simply picked up the phone and called their customer support. They took their time helping me through the issues I had, they answered all my questions patiently and took my feedback to heart. They really make it a priority to listen to feedback and use it to make their software even better. That's how you make a better product and their software really show how much they try to make it user-friendly.