Xola

Xola ist eine Buchungs-, Marketing- und Vertriebsplattform für Unternehmen, die Aktivitäten und Erlebnistouren anbieten.

4,7 /5 (536 Bewertungen) Eine Bewertung schreiben
4,8
96% haben diese Anwendung empfohlen
Jose S.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Smooth operator, but there's definitely room for improvement and new features

Bewertet am 11.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall the experience has been transformative. However, we're coming from basically no booking software at all - before XOLA we had just implemented an extremely rudimentary home-grown solution in an effort to organize our burgeoning business and a significant shift in our business model that was producing a much higher level of traffic (and revenue.) As a result, we've been able to capitalize on these new channels and really bring our business to another level. There's hiccups, as with anything, but we've seen the software maturing and changing to accommodate and scale up, and we're very happy with the results. I recommend this software for any small to medium-sized business that is looking for a solid, smooth booking experience. As the software improves, I believe there's a very good chance that it will become a best-of-breed app and is absolutely worthy of consideration.

Without a doubt this is a smooth app that knows what silk feels like. The UI has gone through some great improvements that have improved the silkiness to a degree even silkworms would be jealous of, but it's clear that they're taking the time to listen to their users in the development process and that's important. Performance is more than just good, it's Tony-the-tiger great. Smooth and well executed interface. It's missing features - some of them might be important to you, it's hard to say - but the devs do a great job of listening to feature requests and we've seen real, significant improvements all around. That's the sign of a maturing application.

Is it best-of-breed? Hard to say, and I'm sure there's arguments for and against, but I'll give them this: their support is out-freaking-standing. That alone is worth a few awkwardly implemented features or some gaps in how things are executed. If there's a problem, you connect to a staff that takes their support work seriously. I'm surprised they don't hop in a plane and come to your computer and help you out - they legitimately take every step just shy of that in an effort to find a solution. It's impressive and it outshines any downsides you might find in the app itself. Is there always a solution? No, that's unrealistic. But they often find a workaround and if they can't they'll make sure the devs know there's a gap that's been discovered and that needs to be looked at. Great, great support team.

There's feature gaps. Depending on any number of factors the software just doesn't quite fit - but it's close. Usually close enough - there's often a workaround that is... well, good enough. And you hope the devs close up the gap or shore it up and it won't get any worse. For the most part that happens, but when there's a 'feature release' you hold your breath and a lot of times you're left thinking to yourself "what? there's so much better things to have spent man-hours on than that..." To be fair, I've often found the implemented features to be useful once I've worked with them but there's still features - things I would consider fundamentally necessary - that haven't been implemented. It's a fail, but a relatively minor one. At least, for us - ymmv.

Antwort von Xola

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are always happy to see our customers enjoying our software, and be willing to give this kind of feedback as well. It is customers like you that help us grow and become better for our customers. We value your words and want to know how you feel about Xola. I want to reach out and get more information on the gaps you see with the software and what we can do to fix them. Again we really appreciate the time you took to give us this feedback and I look forward to connecting with you soon. - Jessica

Paul W.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Absolutely the most feature packed booking software with amazing customer service!

Bewertet am 17.3.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I've been with XOLA from our start. It's been one of the key factors in our success, because I have been able to adapt what XOLA provides to what we need. The absolutely greatest benefit to our business is the lighting fast customer service via a very easy to use chat window right on the lower right corner of the interface. I get answers for my customers in seconds and solutions to whatever problem we have in a minute. I haven't found any other booking software out there that can match it.

XOLA has incredible flexibility when compare to other escape room booking software I've compared it to in the 2+ years I've used it. I have comparison shopped all the other booking software out there and haven't found anything that compares to what you can do with XOLA. From the visual presentation to the customer, to creating coupons and discounts, to arranging pricing and schedules for rooms. Nothing comes close. XOLA is PACKED with integrations with other software and gives you access to data from your bookings that I haven't found anywhere else.

I will admit I'm not a fan of the 6% booking fee passed on to my customers. Our bookings actually increased when we implemented it, and it does give me access to all of XOLA's features. Yes, Americans are conditioned to tacked on taxes, fees and other charges for online transactions, but that doesn't mean I have to like passing on cost to my customers.

Paul-

Thank you so much for the glowing review. We're glad the upgrade to Flex has been fruitful and that you are continually satisfied with our product and service.

Ahmet A.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

A mature, streamline booking software choice

Bewertet am 23.9.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Xola's has zero down time. That's very important when running online based business. Customer service has been extremely responsive, and the development of new services and features has been very welcome. I don't see any reason to change.

Xola just works. The UX is relatively intuitive. Daily use functionality is smooth and simple. Customers find it easy to navigate and very little customer service contact is necessary completing bookings.

There is no method for applying percentage discounts to gift certificate products without creating dedicated gift certificate listings.

Caitlin M.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Excellent interface and usability but rigid in its features and customization

Bewertet am 3.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Easy to train staff, nice mobile features.

Easy to train staff on. If you can work an iPhone you can work on Xola.
Good mobile access for staff

- Very little customization available for unique businesses
- Limited accounting reports that take heavy editing in Excel to get the needed information
- Organizes by customer email instead of name, can create major problems.
- Europe based support team so finding a time to connect with them can be tough
- No ability for Admin accounts to make edits or corrections to individual sales, especially frustrating on the accounting side.
- No archiving feature for product listings. So old products remain on all active inventory lists, becoming very cumbersome to search through.
- Easy software for small/medium sized companies, not good for larger companies
- Limited marketing features and hard to customize
- The biggest issue for us is limited reporting especially on the accounting side. For database software, that is a huge drawback. I should be able to create and run custom reports on all of the info in the system but your stuck with a rigid structure that you then have to edit and narrow down in Excel, taking lots of extra time. We won't be able to stay with Xola as we grow unless this feature improves.

Hi Caitlin!
Thank you for the candid feedback. We really appreciate customers like you who give us the feedback like this so we can grow. I wanted to address your concerns and reach out to you over some of them as well. We have some new features that I believe your company will benefit from and I am going to make sure they are turned on for you and that you are aware of them. Our Support Team is based out of US as well as Europe so we can give 24 hour support. You can reach out via chat, email, or phone anytime of the day and there will be someone available to help. I look forward to connecting with you to talk over your feedback soon! -Jessica

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 5.0/10

Jennifer N.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Easy to use, fast responsive trouble shooting

Bewertet am 27.6.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The professional look, automated emails, easy to use customer facing links really set my business apart from competitors as looking professional and organized.

Connectivity with 3rd party sites makes my life easier.

I use several 3rd party vendors and have to set up back end calendars on places like Viatour, Expedia and AirBnB experiences; these companies use booking software that is so cumbersome, redundant and/or incomplete its like using caveman software in comparison to the ease and speed of Xola's software. Its also easy for my employees to use, everyone gets it 1st time you show it to them.

The chat feature is indispensable, questions answered/problems solved on the spot. If the tech on chat can't fix or answer a question I get connected with someone who can solve the problem within 24 hours.

The updates are pretty much instant, if I make a change, its on my site immediately.

I would like to be able to add more review links than just one on follow up emails.

Jake B.

Xola Review from 2+ years user

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, I would say the software is good-to-great (four star) and I really appreciate the five-star customer service.

Out of the three booking software platforms we currently use, Xola is my favorite.

There are many pros to Xola, but let me summarize by saying it is the combination of good-to-great design along with five-star customer service.

The uncertainty regarding subscription packages. We have a "Premium" subscription that is a flat rate, which serves our needs very well.

If we do not have option to continue this package in 2020, we will have to switch to another booking software platform. Which would be a shame because Xola is my preferred booking software.

Jake -

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We did announce a pricing change last year with the primary purpose of being able to offer all our customers our enterprise-grade features. We aren't able to accomplish this with a flat rate - although I get why that monthly rate appeals to you. However, through this shift we're able to offer a lot more to all our customers and continue to grow our team and product to be the best in the industry and do right by our customers.
I will be sure to have someone call to talk through how we can continue working together.

Chavonda G.

xola

Bewertet am 3.10.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My experience with xola has been great and I also like the fact that they are continuing to grow and develop new things to change or add to make the software even better keeping up with time and market industry staying on top of things in developing new and more ways to use the software.

I love this software I use it every day for my Escape Room. It does everything I need all in one place to me it is exactly what I need for my booking software for escaperooms

nothing least about it but one thing is the ability to stop negative reviews from being posted that's the only thing everything else I love it.

Hi Chavonda,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm glad you find Xola to meet your needs in an Escape Room Booking Software. We're glad to partner with businesses like yours!

Todd S.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Xola for sailing charter bookings

Bewertet am 26.3.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

GREAT responsive customer service available via online chat. I've been using it for many years and they are constantly improving it.

Xola was the best option for booking a mix of trip types with a single vessel. With the software I can list both public and private options for both day and overnight offerings. When a trip gets booked it automatically stops listing options that could potentially double book the time slot.

The system has an option allowing you to send an invoice to the customer for full payment....I wish I could send an invoice for just the deposit or let the customer choose how much to pay over a minimum to reserve the trip.

Hi Todd,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! So glad to hear our product and customer support help you run your business more smoothly. And thank you for the feedback about invoicing. We'll definitely take that into consideration!

Lance Z.

Just Use It.

Bewertet am 13.12.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The best software on the market for tour bookings and management. I’ve researched over 20 other competitors- don’t waste your time if you’re shopping around- get Xola.

It doesnt have some of the nuances we would like to see, and they changed their booking layout in a way that I think is not an improvement. However, I think they will continue to make improvements

Hi Lance,

Thanks so much for your kind review. We're glad to have your continued support and will continue to make improvements!

Jesse S.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

This made my life so much easier

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Speed of money flow and updated accounting is a breeze. The ability to adjust hops with minimal key strokes and everything automatically adjusts to our website is a life saver. And overall, the customer service is top notch.

The customization to suit the variety of needs for our little company. Once everything is plugged it only minimal administration is needed to keep everything flowing.

The inability to not be able to make a tour private and only accessible via a password for guests.

Antwort von Xola

Jesse, we are so glad Xola has been useful for your business. Thank you for the feedback on private tours. We're always seeking to improve our product and service so your feedback is super useful!

Justin H.

Solid Software for Activities Reservations

Bewertet am 27.3.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

From day 1, they were very pro-active at thinking "outside of the box" on our account, from setup to go live. That was in 2016, and they have continued to deliver top notch support since then. They have also proven their commitment to continual improvement of the software over the years with lots of feature enhancements and new tools.

Xola has put a lot of thought into making the transaction process quick and simple. Therefore, it has a very high "ease of use" rating for both our staff and our customers. Nevertheless, it is feature-rich and carries a lot of power "under the hood", giving the admin team a number of different ways to setup listings and sales flows. The tech support is also OUTSTANDING.

The reporting is sufficient but not robust. They have some custom reporting options, and you can export to excel, but sometimes that can be problematic, especially if you have a lot of listings or demographics. Very cumbersome to do any type of "deep dive" into large data sets.

Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for leaving such a positive and thoughtful review. While we have made many recent improvements to our reporting we are grateful for your feedback and are always looking to improve our product!

Brian L.
Branche: Tabak

Xola for Small Tourism Business

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Fantastic! I encourage you to look seriously at them - they are the best fit by far for us and I have interviewed and ran trails with the major competitors.

Allows for tours that have minimums - Our tours require 8 person to sign up in order for a tour to go (minimum). Xola handles this portion far far better than any of the other competitors and I have met with a number of them. If you do minimums, and care about customer communication, this is a must use.

Software works with many options
Very strong amount of features
Very strong customer support
Reasonable competitive pricing
Great analytics
They will listen to and often times implement feature requests
Good integration with booking site (Yelp / Google / TA)

Highly recommended!

App on Android can be a bit buggy and frustrating - not a deal breaker. Sometimes you may have to click buttons a bunch before it responds or have to shut it down and reload it. Won't allow you to take a call and check the app when roaming (this does work if you have active internet).

Would like to see further integration with hotel and other booking companies

Hi Brian,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review. I'm so glad Xola works for your business needs and you are happy with the integrations! We're always looking to improve and appreciate your feedback about the Android app! Stay tuned for more updates in 2020!

Jennifer P.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Come for the booking software, stay for the customer service.

Bewertet am 7.12.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Positive experience, nice team, good software.

Xola has a ton of features that make it easy to keep everything a customer purchases all in one place. The gift card sales easily integrate with the reservation system so customers can redeem them themselves online, gift offers help us sell more of them, the CRM allows us to easily export customer info and send them targeted emails and global settings allow us to automatically send emails to customers asking for reviews or send a discount code for them to come back in. All around a great software, but many softwares have similar features. What sets Xola apart from other companies we've dealt with it their customer service. Someone is always available to answer questions in the online chat or you can easily schedule a call with a support person if you have more in-depth questions. I also appreciate that we receive emails when certain features might be down. We've used software companies in the past that don't let us know of potential issues until we are the ones reporting them! Xola pre-empts this and answers our questions before we run across any issues.

Because this software is very flexible and there are so many options, some of the back office features can be tricky to use. For example, when you need to process a refund for a customer, you have three options to select from (reduce booking value and refund, refund only etc.). They do a good job of labeling things with descriptions, but it can still take some getting used to and training. Also, the page that Xola takes customers to when they click Book Now on our website is all Xola-branded. It would be awesome to allow customization to this page to include our logo so that customers trust they are still on the correct website.

Finally, I'm not a fan of 6% fee they are charging every customer now. This is a recent transition from a paid monthly subscription from us to an additional fee paid by our customers. After some research, it seems like this is the industry standard now, but we hate that we have to charge our customers an additional fee to make a reservation with us online. We want to encourage our customers to make reservations online so our in-store staff isn't bogged down with taking reservations over the phone. Additionally, Xola is making quite a bit more money off of us and our customers by tacking on that percentage compared to the monthly fee we used to pay. This is one of the only cons to the software.

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review. Really appreciate your thoughtfulness and sharing about your experience!
I'll be having someone reach out to see if we can solve the issue around the buttons re-directing but it may be a limitation with your CMS.

Charles C.

Support that's always there

Bewertet am 26.11.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I would have to saw that I have been with xola since 2016 and watched them grow. I left once to fareharbor but quickly came back. The main reason for coming back was the follow up email to the booking. Fareharbor did have a couple edges on xola as far as blocking out tour and making them available. The biggest thing I could see xola doing to benefit it's customers and gather more customers quickly is to save them money. How do you do that? Easy, develop an kick ass waiver system. That would save us personally $2500 a year plus. The second would be to make it more robust. Smartwaiver is an outdated unreliable software that we are forced to use. Anyone who took a little time would out them out of business. There reporting and accessibility is extremely difficult and unable to retrieve information in any sort of fashion. (Give me a call on this) because if you all don't, I will build a kick ass waiver system.

First thing I like is the willingness to listen to the customers for new changes and ideas. That makes both of us better. The support is always there to help.

Unable to quickly block of certain tours at specific times.

Hi Charles,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Xola. We do have an in-house beta waiver solution and I'll be sure to have a team member reach out to get your feedback and input there!

Anna H.
Branche: Sport
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

XOLA is amazing for many reasons, but they need to speed up their process for fixing bugs

Bewertet am 24.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

XOLA excels in many ways at many things, especially customer service, helping you learn, and ease of use. However, when there are things that don't work well for you, it feels like you are up against a wall and you just have to deal with bugs, and they give the impression that these things won't be changed for a long time, and maybe never. You just have to love it for the awesome things it does and accept the frustrating things it doesn't do.

The best part about XOLA is their customer service. You can instantly chat with somebody at all times, and if you need to call and talk to a real person that is easy too. I cannot stress how amazing this is, as we have all spent hours going around in circles with customer service with other companies countless times. Sometimes for me to the point of frustrated tears. XOLA sets the standard for how reachable and friendly and helpful all customer service should be! XOLA also makes certain things incredibly fast and easy to do. You can tell a lot of thought has gone into functionality and usability, such as navigating through the site.

My biggest complaint is also about customer service. You can easily talk to somebody and they will help you figure something out or teach you how to do something. However, sometimes I need to do things that XOLA is not capable of, and I feel that being able to do them is extremely important. In this case they simply say they will forward your request to their development team, and maybe someday there will be a meeting about it and it might get changed in the future. Sometimes when you tell them what you need to be able to do they disagree with you, which is odd, because they are not the ones actually using the software to run a business! One example is I need to be able to remove credit card numbers attached to people's accounts. This is very important for many reason, one of which is sometimes they belong to an ex-spouse, have been cancelled due to fraud, are cards they don't want you to charge any more, etc etc, and when collecting a balance it adds tons of time and correspondence with clients to figure this out. This is one example of many things that you can DO on XOLA, but you can't UNDO. Like when you accidentally enter a person on the questionnaire, you can't delete that person. I just think when you tell them things like this that seem really logical and practical they should be able to change them, or at least make you believe they understand it is important to your daily functioning and that they will try to change it.

Antwort von Xola

We are happy to see you love our customer service! I can understand the frustration that goes into a system not functioning how you need it to and that our process to resolve this seems slow. We take every request very seriously and want to make our customers happy with our software. I would be happy to set up a time to talk and discuss our process a little more in detail with you and also get more feedback from you on how we can handle these differently. I will be reaching out very soon to set up a time for us to talk. -Jessica

Kellie C.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

My experience with Xola has been outstanding. I've used two other systems - PeekPro and Bookeo.

Bewertet am 2.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love the platform's ease of use, for both the customer and the user. When using previous platforms, we had customers calling continually because they were unable to complete transactions because they were confused with the setup. And, for the back-end user, it is a breeze! In fact, we never even had to train our employees to use Xola. The backend is extremely intuitive.

And, I can't say enough about Xola's customer support. It's the best of any platform I've used. If I have a problem, Xola's chat is ALWAYS available. I also appreciate the backend functionality of being able to refund customers with store credit. The system automatically emails the customer a promo code for future use and stores the information within our system. Rebooking previous customers is also a breeze!

And, what's BEST for me, is Xola's pricing model. We live in an area with a very high sales tax and I did not want to have to charge our customers an additional 6%. With Xola, we get an incredible platform (that more than pays for itself with the "abandoned shopping cart" feature) for a flat monthly rate.

Xola is also continually tweaking the platform, making it better. The most recent backend mobile update is incredible -- giving me near full functionality from the ease of my iPad.

As for cons, yikes. I really can't think of anything. When I do come across functionality features that I would like to see, I have easy access to suggest my solutions. What's even better? Xola actually listens.

Hi Kellie-

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback is valuable as we are constantly seeking to improve and our business only succeeds when our customers' businesses succeed. Thanks for choosing Xola and keep the feedback coming!

Maren R.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Generally good - but not the very best

Bewertet am 31.3.2018

-- Online Ticket Booking Platform
-- Online Scheduling System

-- 24 hour customer support available by chat
-- Clients stay on my website while booking tickets for my escape rooms using Xola
-- Automated reminder e-mails
-- Ability to customize questionnaire and booking requirements
-- A salesperson quoted me a price and stuck to it
-- Report Features
-- Great Credit Card processing rate (through Stripe)
-- Ability to integrate with Google Cal so staff can see when they are scheduled to work
-- Instigation with Smartwaiver (limited, would like more)

LIMITED CLOSING OPT:
You can set sessions to have cut off times. This is important but when I used FareHarbor it allowed me to keep sessions open if the session was partially sold. I would like this feature on Xola. Currently there has to be a hard cut off time -- or I have to keep the session open until it's start time.

LIMITED INTEGRATIONS//NO CRM CAPABILITIES:
The system doesn't integrate with MailChimp, it integrates with Smartwaiver but on a limited basis. For example if Joe books 6 tickets Xola captures Joes information. His 5 friends information is added on Smartwaiver but then I have to dig into Smartwaiver to find their info. I doesn't turn them into a customer profile even through Smartwaiver waiver is connected to Xola. It doesn't integrate with Trip Advisor Review Express -- so I have to manually enter each customer e-mail between Smartwaiver and Xola.

BUGS & UPDATES:
They are constantly making changes. Sometimes I log on and have to look for something in a new place (updates are always accompanied by e-mails) however, I would prefer to choose if I want to update features or not. Sometimes these updates and improvements cause bugs -- At one point a bug was impacting my settings. It took them over a week to solve the problem and I didn't get any kind of update. I always had to ask for it.

I feel like complaints and requests go into a long report that no one reads. They have come out with lots of updates but none that I have requested.

Hi Maren-

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Your feedback, both pros and cons, is very helpful as we are always looking to improve.

Good news! We recently released Enhanced Cutoff Logic. I'll shoot you a followup email to make sure you have that info and are good to go there. Also we have a Zapier integration in beta that could help you connect to more apps. I'll include that info in the email as well.

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with one of our updates and encountered issues. I will be sure to discuss this with our Director of Customer Success to ensure we are doing what we can to mitigate similar issues in the future.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 7.0/10

Susie D.
Branche: Sport
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Responsive to needs and continually improving the software from my feedback.

Bewertet am 2.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

All booking info in one place and so easy to keep on track of what is coming up for both myself and my employees. Also, easy reporting to see trends, end of month reports, etc.
I can access the info from anywhere - even when away on vacation.
Also, I believe more customers will book, when it is right there with a "book now" button - they don't need to call, or email and so they do more impulse scheduling. I even use the feature to be able to contact those that don't complete a booking and it almost always results in a booking, once I've had the chance to contact them and answer the questions that may have stopped them from booking on their first impulse. Without Xola, I would never have even known they were considering booking....that results in more bookings and more satisfied customers.
My customers all rave about the ease of booking - Happy Customers means repeat customers.

Ease of Use and Customer Support -- I looked at many companies and did demos prior to making my decision to go with Xola. Xola is, by far, the easiest to use of all the companies that I demoed. Inputting product, making changes, updating info is all easy and very intuitive to use. When I can't easily figure something out, Xola's 'chat' feature is AWESOME! There is always someone there to quickly guide me through with very little or no wait time. They walk me through the process via chat and once even offered to call me, instead, so they could more easily guide me through how to do something. If I have a need that Xola can't fulfill, they immediately send that to their development team and in most cases, I get an email or call saying the feature (or a similar one) is now available.
I've had offers from other companies that may be less expensive - but am so impressed by Xola's customer responsiveness, that it would take a LOT before I would make a change. VERY happy overall with my choice to go with Xola!

Calendar does not show multi-day events (only the first day shows). Also - only allows for 'group' or bulk discounts on same item. I would like a way to have the system give "Xth purchase free" - for example - so once someone has booked 2 items, it could prompt them with a "Buy one more and you get a free one". I saw other companies with this capacity, BUT then they had other things that I did not like. Overall - Xola has more Positives for me, than negatives.

Hi Susie,

So happy to see that both you and customers enjoy using Xola! Your feedback helps us improve our software. Cheers!

-Kris

Branche: Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt

C'MON features!

Bewertet am 18.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: GetApp

I started with Xola back when the booking software genre was almost nonexistent. Back then there was Bookeo and that was about it. Now I get a sales call every week from competitors. Peek Pro seems to be the only software that is more feature rich but they are pushy and spam your customers if they get ahold of your data base so beware about them. Xola has an easy and beautiful interface. Non-pushy sales people. Help when you need it. Great ability to manage customers IF you never have to reschedule. The cost is lower than other companies if your doing volume greater than 5K a month. A good choice but you need a dedicated reservationist if you are offering an experience were rescheduling is common.

When pricing out a booking software company for your business consider the cost of an employee to manually have to reschedule your customers if your experience is prone to cancellation i.e. rain, wind, snow etc. and add it to the monthly cost of Xola to get an accurate idea of the true cost. The point of having a booking software is so you can concentrate on running your business and making it grow. Playing secretary is part of owning a small business but when it takes from R&D, marketing, quality of life it can kill you. Xola only allows your customer to book and reschedule themselves prior to their scheduled date. If you cancel the day of the adventure the customer has NO ability to reschedule if your experience is cancelled due to weather. If you are in a tourist area where you don't have an option to reschedule people because they are on vacation or the experience that you provide is indoor and cancellations rarely occur Xola is a great choice. If your experience is subject to weather and you take the entirety of the experience cost in advance, Xola has fallen behind severely compared to the the other big name in booking software. I provide Hot Air Balloon rides in an area that is prone to strong winds and rain during the season. My demographic is local and I sell my experience to customers that can and know that rescheduling is normal. I leave a recorded message the day of the flight and if the flight is cancelled there is no way in Xola to email the passengers a link to reschedule! Xola allows the customer to select another date prior to the experience and you can set those perimeters but after the customers first date choice, if it is cancelled, that is where you are left back in the 80's. In order to get your customers rescheduled on another date you need to do it over the phone and manually move them in Xola and online for it to move in real time. Xola has completely missed the boat for the experience provider that has to cancel for environmental reasons. I have submitted this feature request for two years now and it has shown no movement. They said it is not a common feature request and told us we could give the customer a "store credit". A credit sounded good until we realized that the customer would have to put al their personal detail starting with their name again to go that route. That is just not an appropriate thing to have your customers who are paying good money have to do and it looks unprofessional. I know for a fact two other operations left Xola for a booking company that offers a solution to the common problem of rescheduling for us outdoor providers. I think that they perhaps specialize in the hiking tours, or biking tour company that goes wind, rain, or shine and just refunds their customer if they cancel. Perhaps most of Xola's merchants operate in tourist areas where the customer does not reschedule because they are going home from vacation. The irony is that they offer our customers a great option to reschedule themselves prior to their first date. Why not extend that availability to after the date in case the experience is cancelled and the customer doesn't want a refund or via policy has to reschedule.

For customers booking online, selecting a date and paying is seamless. The merchant can customize a checklist for the customer i.e. what to bring, what's included, a map the meeting point. We receive just the odd phone call asking for clarification and payment is quick. On the other hand we need to hire staff to answer the phones just to rebook our customers on days it is raining or too windy to fly. On average another 40 hours of phone calls and talk time is added to our expense because of the lack of a customizable reschedule link we could send our customers so they could reschedule themselves. Customers like not having to leave voicemails if we are on the other line and %95 of customers would rather NOT wait to speak to a reservationist to go over dates that may or may not be filled. It's really frustrating and I do not believe we are the only one or one of the few merchants that need or would find a simple reschedule feature useful as they have implied to us.

The only other con is that they now leave the price on the gift certificates when a customer buys one. This was not always the case. Xola has a mailable and printable gift certificate option which we utilize heavily and you can now offer experiences at a discount but they for some reason notify the recipient of the price. We have been told and agree with several of our customers that leaving the price on the gift certificate is tacky. It has not always been that way, just with the recent update. I understand if you are giving a cash card to someone, you would need and want the recipient to know the price to avoid an embarrassing moment at a store or restaurant but who leaves the price tag on a gift? Xola gives the recipient a code so the recipient can book only and that process is easy but it's clear how much nanny spent and loves them the moment they get the printed gift certificate or email.

We went from chasing a couple hundred bucks a week to help pay for a hobby we love and turned it in to a serious 2 person small business with gross income in the six digits, well 3 person and income in the 5 digits because we need someone to handle all the manual reschedules. Feature requests do get noticed but at about 1.5 year turn around. It's been two years since we have been asking for this. We have grown and enjoyed Xola, we just for their sake since the booking software market is so competitive now want to see them be #1 and have the client base Peek Pro does as they are a lot more ethical but we fear they won't if this feature isn't added and if the feature turnaround isn't quicker.

Our review may appear negative even though we enjoy most of Xola. We understand all businesses have their little intricacies but we have been an experience provider for over ten years now and have offered many activities, rescheduling is a part of booking management no matter what adventure you provide, we and we are certain most other experience providers agree, just understand you will NOT have that option with Xola. Xola could be the best by far with just a couple more features.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 6.0/10

John F.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

I recently moved 4 tour companies onto Xola from other options and I am happy to never look back!

Bewertet am 16.8.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Slicker guest interface as well as a more intuitive and cleaner user interface for staff.

My favorite thing about Xola has been the extremely knowledgeable and speedy support staff always being at the ready via email, phone or 24hrs a dang day via chat. I can not tell you how key it is to understand that hours of need to not happen between 9-5 somestandardtime but can happen at anytime. To me, having someone there to bounce questions and issues or even just log a feature request is key compared to the many other software companies that offer lame "help/knowledge bases" or "video tutorials" you can search forever and still not find what you need.

I also appreciate that they are not resting on their laurels when it comes to updates and feature additions. Since I have been using Xola since Jan 2017 they have released many updates that actually have workflow function compared to "Wow.. we made it so you can add emoji's to your email signature" type of stuff I have suffered through as "function upgrades" on other platforms.

Lastly I really like that the software has the ability to be cross platform and mobile and you can still have full functionality. It is helpful that they are working towards upgrading the app as they go so more actions can be tackled through there as well.

The mobile app for android at least could really use a "refresh" feature like on the web so I can swap between company accounts easier than restarting the app.

The guide management is a growing feature so I hope more develops there sooner than later which is more about my personal workflow needs than anything else.

Lastly, it is not something that has as much to do with Xola as it does with Google in that the subscribed calendar feature Xola offers does not work well with the way google imports them so I would love to see a push style calendar notification instead so those not on apple products are not left with inaccurate calendars. Again more a Google screw up than Xola but I really really want xola to rework the calendar notification option so it can integrate better cross-platform.

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your review! So glad to see that you are enjoying Xola. We appreciate the feedback. We are certainly working to address some of the improvements you recommended.

- Kris Lawson

Colton S.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Great booking software for small business

Bewertet am 12.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Xola takes a ton of the work load from the booking process and streamlined it so people are ready to go as soon as possible. It makes it mischief easier for us to track and keep up with our customers and prospective customers and even makes marketing and promotion more effective. The support is great and the interface is easy for us and our customers.

The set up and user interface is really easy for the most part. The customer service is fast and responsive, anytime I have a problem it’s answer d in minutes over the phone. The pricing option are really good for small business/new start ups and the booking fees are very reasonable. The best part is Xola is geared towards the outdoor industry and the software easily integrates into your existing website. It also has automated features like abaindon cart as well as custom coupons and discounts which I really like. We use this software for our SUP/Kayak rental business and it has been fantastic so far.

There could be more customization on the backend of the booking parameters, for instance selecting availability dates for a rental unit takes some time. I think it would be nice if Xola offered it’s own credit card terminal. It is difficult to add two separate “experiences” to one purchase, meaning if a customer of mine wanted to rent one kayak and one SUP they would have to do separate transactions.

Antwort von Xola

Thank you for leaving us this review! We value our customers feedback! We are glad to see that you believe Xola is easy to use not only for your business but for your customers. I am going to be reaching out to get some more feedback on the customization you would like to see on the back end. As far as the separate transaction, we have just come out with a new feature called Single Transaction for Multiple Reservations, that allows you to have multiple bookings in one transaction. I am going to send you more information on this as well. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to connecting with you soon.-Jessica

Matt G.
Branche: Verbraucherdienste
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Very easy and convenient to use

Bewertet am 26.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I am an employee of the owner who uses Xola for Buffalo Pedal Tours. I really like that as I'm headed to a tour I can just open the app and within 5 seconds I'm looking at the name of the person who booked and it only shows tours that are booked for me. I really like that I don't have to "check the schedule" to see when I work, like restaurant staff, since sometimes tours are booked only a day in advanced. The notification system through email ensures I'm not missing any tours I've been booked. So overall its a great piece of software. Keep up the good work and keep improving!

-I love that with my tours I can just go onto the app and check without having to keep track myself of what days I work.
-The app is intuitive, clean, and easy to use.
-I like that I can see my bookings on the desktop site and sync the calendar with my gmail calendar.
-I like that when I get booked a tour it sends an email to me.

Improvements that can be made:

-The desktop site does not allow me to see see the Questionnaire. I have to reference the app to see what the customer wrote.
-I don't have the need for a credit card reader, yet the app asks me every time I open it. Once I accidentally said "yes" while wearing headphones and thought I may have gone deaf when I high pitch tone assaulted my eardrums.
-I can't confirm a tour through the app. Its inconvenient because then I have to find the specific email and then enter my login thru a web browser. In-app tour confirmation would be much less hassle.

Antwort von Xola

Here at Xola we are always trying to improve our software for our customers! Your feedback helps us do that, so thank you!

Alexander W.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Best live support I've ever seen. Great product. Easy to use.

Bewertet am 27.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Great 24/7 customer support for me. Easy interface for my guests. Makes setting up new products and automating my web bookings very simple.

The Xola sales system works fantastically well. Yes, it does take a little bit of time to familiarize yourself with all of the bells and whistles, but thankfully they have 24/7 live support that is actually there and are fantastic. Not only can they explain to my dumb ass what actions I need to accomplish in order to toggle product listings and calendar settings, they will do it for me when I am confused or lazy. I love XOLA.

Xola is made primarily for Tour Operator style businesses offering experiences and doesn't offer quite as much dynamic customizability for selling merch to the people buying tickets from you.

Yes, your customers can "Add-on" an item like a T-shirt to their ticket purchase before checkout, but the Xola software doesn't give you the chance to (a) provide a product image for "Add-on" items and (b) retrieve preferential information - like Shirt Size and Color - for "Add-on" items.

If your goal is to sell extra promotional merch to your clients, Xola may not be right for you. But if your goal is to make the online reservation process a breeze for your clients so that they can easily self-serve their own booking needs, Xola is HANDS DOWN the best and most intuitive I have seen.

Antwort von Xola

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback, Alexander. So happy to hear you love Xola. We definitely strive to meet the needs of businesses taking bookings and have the Add-on option is there to help with incrementally increasing revenue and selling a small selection of merchandise. Thanks again for the glowing review and don't hesitate to reach out if we can ever be of assistance!

Josh D.

Best in class

Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Saves a tremendous amount of time with this easy and simple user interface. Saving time equals more time for more important stuff.

Xola is the simplest booking software out there. I have tried several, and this is hands-down the best there is! Easy to understand and a breeze to navigate through. One of the strongest points is how easy it is to train your staff on.

I wish there was a way to customize things a little bit more than what is available.

Antwort von Xola

Thanks Josh! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback and I'm excited to let you know we'll be adding more options to customize elements of Xola over the coming months!
-Sophie

Ron B.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Robust, intuitive, incredibly user-friendly – cannot recommend enough!

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Phenomenal. I cannot recommend it enough.

This is a product that is gorgeous and accessible on the front end, and powerful on the back end. The onsite booking is aesthetic and easy for our customers, and the back end is incredibly user friendly for my staff to use, and chock-full of useful resources. It is clear that the people behind Xola had both design and functionality in mind when creating this software, and it really shows! Moreover, their customer service is phenomenal - very quick, responsive, and helpful.

Cannot recommend it enough! Out of the many software services we use as a business, Xola is the one we are most impressed by.

The pricing model seems to be changing soon, to one where the cost may be passed on to customers. We will enjoy extra savings, but we are not entirely sold on whether we want to do this. There used to be several pricing models, but it looks like this will be the only one.

Hi Ron,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review of Xola. Our team takes great pride in the product we create and the service we provide so we are so glad you are impressed.