CosmoLex Erfahrungen

CosmoLex

4,7 (336)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
Webbasierte Verwaltung der Rechtspraxis- und Buchhaltungssoftware.

Sortieren nach

Excellent Cloud Based Software

Bewertet am 21.12.2018

I most like that the accounting software is integrated.

I least like that I cannot create word documents or any documents within the software.

Suresh

Thank you CosmoLex!

Bewertet am 1.12.2022

Great experience to support our law firm's needs!

Great experience to support our law firm's needs!

CosmoLex has provided practice management support for Suresh Law to client our with with their technology, business and real estate law needs.

Plaid integration fails at times and needs resetting for bank feed.

Pierce

This App is Geared More Towards Transactional Law Practices

Bewertet am 23.7.2018

Cosmolex is easy to use and to implement. Initially, Customer Support was great, but now not so much. Customer support is still better than any other legal accounting product I have used from Lexis or Westlaw, even Clio. The company is generally pretty good about responding to its customers inquiries; but, you typically have to wait about 4 to 6 hours or the next day or two for a technical support person to call you back and sometimes they don't. The billing features are great for a small transactional law practice or family law practice, but not so much for a firm that handles heavy amounts of civil litigation for commercial clients, which requires reporting and data feed back. Trust accounting on Cosmolex is fantastic and allows for contingency fees in PI cases. Overall, its ease of use and simple interface is why we continue to use it.
Compared to most legal accounting and billing software, training employees is easy and they offer tons of opportunities to attend free webinar classes and are great at assisting you in getting your employees up and running. Altogether, it is not bad if you have other software or services to cover document and case management, but is expensive considering its deficiencies in this area.

The biggest Con is that there is a clear the lack of usable reports, no way to export client data for analysis and forecasting, third party integrations with Office is a work in progress for 2+ years and Cosmolex should absolutely not be relied on for Case Management in a litigation practice. If you are going to use Cosmolex, I would suggest doing so only for the accounting (w/ trust features) and billing for noncommercial clients. Cosmolex provides linking with your Drobox Account but is very limited when it comes to document management and your space is dependent what you purchase from other third-party companies for storage. We use the client portal for our clients to upload new case documents securely, but that is absolutely those are the only documents “managed” by Cosmolex. Docketing for litigation would be a nightmare if you depended on this software (especially for those that have midsize firms or handle multiple cases for companies). Reporting and data analysis is nonexistent. Cosmolex is absolutely not Microsoft Office friendly and has little to no integration with Microsoft products, despite the way it appears on their website. It will not integrate with on premises Exchange Server 2016, SQL or Power BI so you have to enter everything twice and have other software or services to cover its deficiencies. Calendaring features are worthless unless your firm uses Gmail as your firm email and calendaring system. The calendar may now integrate with 365 but does not have a way to customize jurisdictional presets for counting deadlines like most case management software that integrates with your calendar through Exchange. Altogether, the lack of even usable Excel or .PDF reports is the worst thing about Cosmolex. Report features, including AR ledgers and Invoice listing reports for a client with multiple ongoing cases is worthless. There is also no way to segregate your fees for fee recoverable causes of action, which is required in Texas when you are seeking attorney’s fees from the opposing side. Reports in Cosmolex could not be more unorganized. Trying to pull usable billing data over a period of time longer than one year is virtually impossible unless you want to do it by cutting and pasting from poorly formatted excel spreadsheets, which makes it difficult as hell to analyze client data over a period of time. Overall, all legal accounting software I have seen is terrible, Cosmolex is just less terrible than most. I think we are going to be moving on shortly to something else.

Lynda

The staff is really helpful and friendly.

Bewertet am 12.7.2017

Three software packages for billing, client accounting and back-end was TOO MUCH!

Everything was in one place. I didn't have to generate bills in one package, enter them in another for tracking income, and then pay them in two places as well. It is also great to be able to write a cost check in a case and have the expense "attached" to the client's accounting file/bill in a seamless matter with just an additional click or two. We were promised an easy migration with all the support we needed, and that is what the team at Cosmolex delivered!

Our accountant was also able to access the system for his end of the year work and add all of his journal entires and such and close out the books quickly and easily. The ability for us to generate P&L reports and other important accounting documents literally on demand is also pretty awesome.

But the best part about Cosmolex, by far, is their incredible support team. They have never been stumped, and I've done my best to do just that! Every time I have a question, I get a prompt and complete answer, generally by phone, from one of their support staff who know me and my firm on a first-name basis. I don't think I could be nearly as effective in a dual-role position without this software!

I can't think of anything additional at this point; they have added all MY wishlist items! I think the only thing they could add at this point is a "hotline" 24/7!

Susan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

CosmoLex does everything needed to keep our firm under control

Bewertet am 19.10.2022

We saw the biggest impact in time and billing -- it's easy to mark down the "tiny" slices of time because you are already in the file. Less chance of not documenting phone conversation or expense as you don't have to exit one program to enter into another.

Billing/Invoicing/Payment management and Account reconciliation features are what I like best -- easy to stay on top of the flow

I don't have a "least" -- I find CosmoLex easy to use and it does everything I need to keep our office well managed!

Cleo Integration Cloud

Warum CosmoLex gewählt wurde

Our time and billing program became obsolete and just STOPPED working.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu CosmoLex

Cost was the biggest factor.
William

Great Product

Bewertet am 24.4.2020

My experience with Cosmolex has exceeded my expectations. I did a lot of research on what is out there in the market and Cosmolex came out on top, primarily because of the integrated backend accounting so that I did not have to deal with QuickBooks. Over the last couple of years, using Cosmolex, has been awesome. Being able to keep track of my time with the timer, bulk entry of Timeslips, ease of sending out invoices, invoices with a link to pay electronically, inclusion of law pay as a part of the subscription, etc., etc., etc., are all wonderful parts of the experience.

Super easy to use. Billing with a timer, bulk billing (was added after I requested), super responsive customer support/chat, great reports, full back-end accounting

I can often think of new features I would love to see but obviously they cannot add everything I want immediately.

Cosmolex works well

Bewertet am 7.5.2019

I like Cosmolex in most ways better than my old software but Cosmolex could still take some steps to improve the functionality and robustness of the software.

I like the online nature of the software and how easy it is to use.

There are some serious deficiencies with the functionality of Cosmolex especially for use in Canada. There are many reports that it won't generate. Trying to deal with GST is extremely difficult.

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Hello - Thank you for your response and candid feedback. There is a full deck of tax reporting as well as Law Society Compliance Reports available for use in the reports section. Our users' experience is our top priority so please reach out to us at support@cosmolex.com to further discuss, or receive assistance in navigating the various reports we provide.

Easy for Me, but Difficult for Clients

Bewertet am 24.11.2023

It has IOLTA reporting and I like the features for the price compared to Clio.

Sometimes the clients struggle navigating the client portal, so it is inconvenient taking the time to guide them through the process.

Danny
Danny
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Overall I am very satisfied.

Bewertet am 26.4.2019

It is Easy to use and has logical organization.

Certain features are very difficult to correct mistakes in, and the existing videos and articles are not helpful to me in resolving.

Deborah
Deborah
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Cosmolex was an easy choice

Bewertet am 9.10.2017

Cosmolex lets me have the bigger picture in one piece of software. I can easily see how my business is doing from the dashboard.

I would like to have a report that shows trends and exports to excel so I could create graph charts. It would also be nice to be able to produce an invoice showing the work put into a fixed fee matter.

2 Years Wasted

Bewertet am 5.1.2022

Cosmolex ended up being a major disappointment. Too many of the supposedly great features turned out to be practically useless. Clients can only upload one document at a time and then only if the name is 64 or less characters. Clients can only download one document at a time. The API is closed so automation is much more difficult and expensive. Email communications cannot be shared through the portal. The platform whereby custom invoices are created/modified is archaic and difficult to use.

Document Integration with OneDrive and integrated billing

The most important components of the software were rendered useless due to lack of most obvious features.

Matthew
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great for small firms, not so great if scaling up

Bewertet am 8.10.2020

We've been using CosmoLex for 2+ years so they haven't scared us away...yet.

We've been using CosmoLex for 2+ years so they haven't scared us away...yet.

Client portal is a terrific feature (when working), the ease of time entries is terrific. Very simplistic interface for invoicing and collecting fees. Integration with LawPay is cool.

There's lots of bugs and seemingly easy fixes that get overlooked and/or ignored. The portal will shut down unexpectedly and/or clients cannot access multiple matters without additional email addresses. There is no function for recurring billing (i.e., ongoing or payment plan clients). Customer service is a nightmare to deal with and takes weeks to complete simple tasks.

CARET Legal und Smokeball

Warum CosmoLex gewählt wurde

Easy of use

Zuvor genutzte Software

Zoho CRM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu CosmoLex

Overall initial cost per user
Michele

Overall Review of Product- Our THoughts

Bewertet am 26.3.2017

Pros: One program for almost everything.

Cons: No document assembly; you can only link one...

Pros: One program for almost everything.

Cons: No document assembly; you can only link one person to the client portal; glitches in program- the program emailed an invoice to the wrong person; can not email through program; glitch- I had to give access to everyone for everything because the limited access features did not work; customer service is not the best; calandar portion has glitches when it interfaces with gmail and office 365.

It is a comprehensive software. Its like having Quickbooks and a practice management program in one. This is the best feature.

Lots of glitches: (a) it emailed an invoice to the wrong person; (b) user restrictions do not work in my office; (c) calendar is not on the main page- usability is difficult for some tasks; (d) you can only have one person assigned to the client portal.

Does not have email capabilities

Does not have document assembly

Does not have automatic assignment of matter numbers.

Limited reporting features- you can not tailor reports (financial)- very limited.

Hi Michele,
We appreciate your feedback related to your experience with CosmoLex. In regards to the issues you are having, please reach out to our support team directly at 732-595-9015 so that they can see first hand the issues you are experiencing, and assist with resolving. I will be entering the requests you have made as well, so that we can keep you up to date on their progress. As an additional note, we will be releasing Document Assembly within the next few months and are always open to hear your suggestions on improving our current reporting. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Laura

It is easy to get around the program

Bewertet am 7.7.2017

I like that it is easy to get around the program and many things are self-explanatory. I also appreciate the tutorials that are available.

1. I sat down with our accountant and went through the chart of accounts - we wanted to erase some of the accounts that we wouldn't be using, but the system prevents it. There are so many similarly named accounts, that I am concerned about how I will make sure I am using the ones that my accountant prefers (as an example, there are at least 3 or 4 options for accounts related to payroll).

2. I don't like that I can't select the option to not allow duplicate checks for our business checking account

3. I don't like that when I click "save and next" when entering checks that the program does not automatically bring up the next check number. I have to hit "save" and then go back in and "add" another transaction in order for that to happen

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Hi Laura. We appreciate your review and feedback. I wanted to take some time to respond to the concerns that you listed

1- Chart of Accounts - While our GL account list is quite flexible, given that we have built-in automated accounting, certain accounts are core to that process and therefore cannot be deleted (fee income, trust funds, reimbursable client costs etc.). In terms of account options, only keep the accounts you wish to use. we offer 4 payroll accounts to cover the various deductions which need to be disbursed.
2- Duplicate checks - you are correct in that our operating accounts do not include the same safeguards as the trust accounts given there is no requirement, however I will enter this request on your behalf.
3- Check Numbers- I assume you are entering manual checks instead of printing them. I do see the issue you are experiencing and will report to our dev team to resolve.

Thanks again for your feedback. Any other questions, please let us know.

Sarah

They are always innovating

Bewertet am 9.10.2017

I wanted something that combined both the accounting and matter management in one place. What I like the most is the Customer Support. If I'm having a problem with taking a payment from a client, I can get on the phone and have them resolve the issue without delaying the client. I also like that they constantly ask us what other new functions we'd like to see. They are always innovating, and don't "drop" you once they've got your payment.

I wish it would remember matter names and auto-populate that when adding a new client--then i'd like to be able to run reports based on the kinds of matters. I'd also like to be able to bulk mail using our clients' mailing addresses. Finally, I'd like to be able to add in court dates to the matters so that when I run reports, I can filter and organize them according to court dates, rather than client name. I like Cosmolex, but it's clearly set up for civil or other slow-moving firms, and not for traffic, which adds up to 10 clients a day and has many matter subject options.

Alyssa
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Cosmolex has reduced the time for billing clients...

Bewertet am 26.10.2017

Cosmolex has reduced the time for billing clients down from 2-3 days to 2-3 hours.

The ability to add charges on the go is a huge plus for the attorney. He can bill his time while in court.

Old client invoices, there needs to be a way to unlock invoices to allow payment on outstanding debt. I've contacted customer service and we had a backdoor way of doing it but the newest update to CL has erased that ability. So now old clients who have no active charges are inconvenienced and must come into the office to pay. Would love to see more functions for old accounts!

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Hi Alyssa. Thank you for your feedback. I am not sure I understand the issue you are having. Bills become locked for edits once a payment is received (which can be lifted), but future payments can still be applied, as long as there is a balance. You can resend old, open invoices which have a balance and then apply a payment to those whether by retainer, check or credit card. It does not matter how old they are. If there is something I am missing, or you have additional information which can assist, please email support@cosmolex.com and we will be happy to look into this further.

Roxann
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

It is very clunky to use.

Bewertet am 28.3.2023

I just plain don't like it. I also use Soluno, it is a far better software. You can easily make changes from the screen you are on. The visuals are far simpler as well. Plus it is very Canadian, and outstanding chat service.

It is better than PC Law was. Other than that, I would rather not use it.

you can't easily correct or edit entries. There is no clicking on when you are on a journal, you need to leave the screen and go somewhere else. Very time consuming. I also don't like that you can't just "view" reports, everything has to be downloaded and it takes time. When I contacted support as to why there were lines running through my view report, I was told it was a glitch...like really!! I don't find it at all intitutive . The downloading of bank statements for reconciliations is very painful, and quite frankly doesn't work.

Nicholas
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

CosmoLex staff know law and also know accounting.

Bewertet am 24.5.2019

We simply have not found anything else that integrates true accounting with timekeeping and related legal process workflow. Everything else we've used (I could make a list) fell short in terms of features or else required integration among multiple platforms (at a higher cost).

There is a bug in the reporting of accounts receivable that is causing us problems. We are eager to see that fixed. CosmoLex does not seem to have an internationally focused law practice in mind. We work with clients in 70 countries, in multiple currencies. We struggle a bit to make that work well--there are some hiccups.
Most other issues arise because our knowledge of accounting is poor, so we want to do things that should not be done (from an accounting perspective) or we don't know how to do them. Response time on our requests for help is sometimes slow. Our requests for additional features have not happened.

Mark

CosmoLex Review

Bewertet am 21.3.2022

Great.

Great.

The accounting features for trust account and integrated credit card processing.

This software has met expectations and performed well. It has done about everything that a small law firm could ask.

PracticePanther Legal Software und Clio
Rebekah

Made specifically for law firms - cool!

Bewertet am 25.1.2017

For many years our firm used a number of different back office software products. For example, we used Easy Trust for trust accounting, Quick Books for financial accounting and payroll, and Timeslips for time and billing. These are all products that run on individual computers. About 3 years ago, the company that produced EasyTrust quit supporting that product. For the last 3 years we have basically been on our own regarding trust accounting. It has worked out okay to date, but at some point we knew that we would encounter an operating system problem or something and we would have had a substantial problem and the program would've stopped working and we would've had no support or help.

When we started looking for new trust accounting software, we saw that your product was made specifically for law firms - cool! It also combined trust accounting, financial accounting, time and billing, which was the most appealing aspect. But the fact that Cosmolex is cloud-based, cinched it for us. Because our office manager (who oversees and reconciles the trust accounting -- that is, the software is on her computer) telecommutes from her house. So every time I needed to enter credit card payments, Trust deposits, write checks, etc., I had to drive 3 miles to her house. So being able to do a lot of that work from the office, has been wonderful.

Your product is intimidating! It encompasses several different departments and getting everyone on the same page took (and will continue to take) a good amount of time. But your training videos and free support have really helped us. As a suggestion, perhaps transcribing the training videos might be useful for a quick reference?

Jeanne
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

CosmoLex was the only one I found that had accounting built in

Bewertet am 2.6.2017

Our former practice management software was outdated and no longer supported by the developer. We were looking for something that would allow us the features we were used to in our personal technologies, such as cloud based storage and usability on multiple platforms, not just desktop PC as our old software required. We've been more than impressed with the bells and whistles, many of which we realize are features we now can't live without!

Built in accounting was the biggest deal breaker for our choosing CosmoLex. As the bookkeeper, fed up with our clunky old software, I was looking for a new system that would be a modern and practical take on practice management and CosmoLex was the only one I found that had accounting built in. Being cloud based allows us to bill time or check in when out of the office and though we had looked at another program that was cloud based, CosmoLex offered greater flexibility and it looks great, to boot.

Our office would love to see some updates for the calendar and tasks - specifically a central office calendar that is the default view. We are composed of two attorneys and two support staff where we are all working on the same cases. Short of adding each event to four individual calendars it would great to have everything on one sort of "home" calendar where we can all easily view and comment.

Rachel
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Client information and billing all in one place

Bewertet am 22.10.2019

It's made our overall processes more efficient, having client information and billing all in one place.

Ease of use and the checks and balances system - the setup doesn't really allow you to make mistakes, as so many of the accounting features are tied together. That's very helpful.

The soft cost expense entry is confusing and seems needless - right now, if we have an expense for which we haven't yet written a check, we either enter it as a time entry flat fee or wait to enter it until the check is written so we can avoid the soft cost option all together.

Laura

Love this product

Bewertet am 2.1.2020

Love it

Love it

I like the Ease of use and customer service.

This product is not widely used by accountants.

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Thank you for leaving your review, Laura! Your honest feedback is invaluable to the continued development of our product.

Garth
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

It is a very stable product that is continually getting better.

Bewertet am 21.1.2019

Some of the shortcomings that I initially identified as possible deal-breakers have been remedied within the short time that I have been using the product (ex. the failure of multi-day events to properly appear on the calendar system). I am hopeful that the "ease of use" issues are addressed over time (quickly). Again, a very nice product overall, that has demonstrated an ability and inclination to get better.

The integration of accounting and check preparation into the law practice package.

The calendar is not easy to view and use. Quite frankly, I merely have linked to to my Outlook Calendar and avoid using the Cosmo calendar entirely. The other "con" which surfaces each time I use it, is that when you cycle to matters or clients, you cannot simply begin to type a name and have the system go to the name in the list. Being forced to do a search each time you want to go to a listing is really a time waste.

Stephanie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

CosmoLex has made running our office easier than ever.

Bewertet am 22.10.2019

I cannot imagine how much work we would need to duplicate if we didn't have CosmoLex. I would recommend it to any practitioner, but especially to those who are solos or small firms.

We chose CosmoLex for our firm because we liked the bookkeeping integration. The system is extremely easy to use and more intuitive than QuickBooks.

Sometimes getting a call back on troubleshooting items can take a day or two. Usually my questions are not urgent, but if we ever needed something immediately, my worry is that it might not happen in time.