CosmoLex Erfahrungen

CosmoLex

Webbasierte Verwaltung der Rechtspraxis- und Buchhaltungssoftware.

Sortieren nach

Excellent Cloud Based Software

Bewertet am 21.12.2018

I most like that the accounting software is integrated.

I least like that I cannot create word documents or any documents within the software.

Jessica
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Still new to the software but really happy with it!

Bewertet am 30.5.2022

I like how easy it was to integrate into my business. I was using a different software before and it was very easy to make the switch.

I currently have not come across anything that I wish were different.

Pierce

This App is Geared More Towards Transactional Law Practices

Bewertet am 23.7.2018

Cosmolex is easy to use and to implement. Initially, Customer Support was great, but now not so much. Customer support is still better than any other legal accounting product I have used from Lexis or Westlaw, even Clio. The company is generally pretty good about responding to its customers inquiries; but, you typically have to wait about 4 to 6 hours or the next day or two for a technical support person to call you back and sometimes they don't. The billing features are great for a small transactional law practice or family law practice, but not so much for a firm that handles heavy amounts of civil litigation for commercial clients, which requires reporting and data feed back. Trust accounting on Cosmolex is fantastic and allows for contingency fees in PI cases. Overall, its ease of use and simple interface is why we continue to use it.
Compared to most legal accounting and billing software, training employees is easy and they offer tons of opportunities to attend free webinar classes and are great at assisting you in getting your employees up and running. Altogether, it is not bad if you have other software or services to cover document and case management, but is expensive considering its deficiencies in this area.

The biggest Con is that there is a clear the lack of usable reports, no way to export client data for analysis and forecasting, third party integrations with Office is a work in progress for 2+ years and Cosmolex should absolutely not be relied on for Case Management in a litigation practice. If you are going to use Cosmolex, I would suggest doing so only for the accounting (w/ trust features) and billing for noncommercial clients. Cosmolex provides linking with your Drobox Account but is very limited when it comes to document management and your space is dependent what you purchase from other third-party companies for storage. We use the client portal for our clients to upload new case documents securely, but that is absolutely those are the only documents “managed” by Cosmolex. Docketing for litigation would be a nightmare if you depended on this software (especially for those that have midsize firms or handle multiple cases for companies). Reporting and data analysis is nonexistent. Cosmolex is absolutely not Microsoft Office friendly and has little to no integration with Microsoft products, despite the way it appears on their website. It will not integrate with on premises Exchange Server 2016, SQL or Power BI so you have to enter everything twice and have other software or services to cover its deficiencies. Calendaring features are worthless unless your firm uses Gmail as your firm email and calendaring system. The calendar may now integrate with 365 but does not have a way to customize jurisdictional presets for counting deadlines like most case management software that integrates with your calendar through Exchange. Altogether, the lack of even usable Excel or .PDF reports is the worst thing about Cosmolex. Report features, including AR ledgers and Invoice listing reports for a client with multiple ongoing cases is worthless. There is also no way to segregate your fees for fee recoverable causes of action, which is required in Texas when you are seeking attorney’s fees from the opposing side. Reports in Cosmolex could not be more unorganized. Trying to pull usable billing data over a period of time longer than one year is virtually impossible unless you want to do it by cutting and pasting from poorly formatted excel spreadsheets, which makes it difficult as hell to analyze client data over a period of time. Overall, all legal accounting software I have seen is terrible, Cosmolex is just less terrible than most. I think we are going to be moving on shortly to something else.

Suresh

Thank you CosmoLex!

Bewertet am 1.12.2022

Great experience to support our law firm's needs!

Great experience to support our law firm's needs!

CosmoLex has provided practice management support for Suresh Law to client our with with their technology, business and real estate law needs.

Plaid integration fails at times and needs resetting for bank feed.

Lynda

The staff is really helpful and friendly.

Bewertet am 12.7.2017

Three software packages for billing, client accounting and back-end was TOO MUCH!

Everything was in one place. I didn't have to generate bills in one package, enter them in another for tracking income, and then pay them in two places as well. It is also great to be able to write a cost check in a case and have the expense "attached" to the client's accounting file/bill in a seamless matter with just an additional click or two. We were promised an easy migration with all the support we needed, and that is what the team at Cosmolex delivered!

Our accountant was also able to access the system for his end of the year work and add all of his journal entires and such and close out the books quickly and easily. The ability for us to generate P&L reports and other important accounting documents literally on demand is also pretty awesome.

But the best part about Cosmolex, by far, is their incredible support team. They have never been stumped, and I've done my best to do just that! Every time I have a question, I get a prompt and complete answer, generally by phone, from one of their support staff who know me and my firm on a first-name basis. I don't think I could be nearly as effective in a dual-role position without this software!

I can't think of anything additional at this point; they have added all MY wishlist items! I think the only thing they could add at this point is a "hotline" 24/7!

Mark

CosmoLex Review

Bewertet am 4.11.2023

In short, while CosmoLox is easy to use, it is not as comprehensive or feature-rich as some of the other legal case management software programs available on the market. If you are just starting out in the legal field, I would recommend looking for a less expensive product that offers more features and flexibility.

I found it to be easy to use and the interface was nice to look at.

I was disappointed that it did not have the features of some of its competitors and it cost more.

Olufikemi

Very great Practice Management software

Bewertet am 2.8.2023

It has been very easy for me to create a matter, do my billing and invoicing, and the client portal is a nice touch that makes my clients believe that our office is sophisticated.

I love the instant live support chat function. It helps a lot when i have absolutely no idea how to navigate

The pricing is very high compared to the Canadian counterparts

Danny
Danny
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Overall I am very satisfied.

Bewertet am 26.4.2019

It is Easy to use and has logical organization.

Certain features are very difficult to correct mistakes in, and the existing videos and articles are not helpful to me in resolving.

Deborah
Deborah
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Cosmolex was an easy choice

Bewertet am 9.10.2017

Cosmolex lets me have the bigger picture in one piece of software. I can easily see how my business is doing from the dashboard.

I would like to have a report that shows trends and exports to excel so I could create graph charts. It would also be nice to be able to produce an invoice showing the work put into a fixed fee matter.

Use friendly

Bewertet am 23.10.2018

The customer service was good and changes are constantly being made

can't make changes to multiple lines at once

Amy

Leaving CosmoLex after 60 frustrating days

Bewertet am 8.8.2020

I manage 3 small law firms. One of my firms moved from Prolaw to CosmoLex 60 days ago because management wanted to be 100% cloud-based, which Prolaw is not. Unfortunately, my CosmoLex experience has been really frustrating, to say the least.

As background, I have used Prolaw for over 20 years, which performs back and front office tasks (like CosmoLex). At another firm, I have used Clio with QBs for about 7 years with lots of success. At a 3rd firm, I use Bill4Time with QBs with lots of success.

I really tried to make CosmoLex work for the last 60 days. As the manager of 3 small law firms, I am a stickler for efficiency and productivity. Making small firms competitive with larger firms is a big part of my job. But unfortunately CosmoLex was a huge step backwards in that goal.

You ALWAYS get a live person in customer service and they are GREAT! I have spent hours and hours on the phone, chat and email with many people in customer service in the last 60 days. It is really easy to get a live person, which is great! And I have been impressed with every single one of them. But unfortunately their answer is almost always: "I'm so sorry, CosmoLex cannot do that, I will add it to the list of features we could add." I haven't been around long enough to know if suggestions are actually ever incorporated into the software. Truthfully, so many features would have to be added to make this a viable program, I just can't wait to see.

There is a robust filter / search mechanism. Literally, those are the only good things.

Everything else. CosmoLex is a great idea, but the execution completely fails at both the accounting and practice management components.

Entering data in the software is ridiculously inefficient - from simple time entries, which you have to choose from pulldown, scrolling menus rather than entering data quickly and tabbing through (there is NO tabbing through any data!), to an accounting system that is set up in inflexible, awkward components that make no accounting sense (not a debit or credit to be found), it just doesn't lend itself to efficiency or intuitiveness like most online billing programs. If you are used to customizable columns (who isn't?); screens in which you can edit, print, manipulate multiple items at one time; check boxes to select all or multiple items; or screens that show you totals like hours billed in a day, week or month, account balances, CosmoLex is gonna drive you crazy. It doesn't allow any of the above. There are so many downfalls, I truthfully don't know where to start.

Additionally, we purchased the migration service. Each person I worked with was amazingly knowledgeable and professional, but the actual migration was a disaster. After hours of work on my and CosmoLex's migration team's part, my non-financial data migrated into ComsoLex very unusable. Also, they do not actually migrate financial data. I was hoping to move at least 7 years of accounting, as well as, historical invoices from open matters, but that is not possible.

Marc
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

This is a time and money saver for any firm.

Bewertet am 9.8.2017

I was looking for a complete solution to my practice management and accounting needs.

I tried various other platforms including PCLaw and Clio, but they lacked in usability or functionality compared to CosmoLex. PCLaw is outdated, slow and not cloud based, while Clio lacks firm accounting functionality and though they advertise quickbooks syncing, there are major issues with the syncing that requires a great deal of work by the end user.

CosmoLex is able to do virtually everything Clio can do with respect to practice management and even has a few unique features. However, where CosmoLex really shines is with its built in accounting system. As a Canadian Lawyer we require certain functionality that our American counterparts do not and CosmoLex has done a great job of meeting our needs. CosmoLex can properly deal with our HST/GST/PST issues and payments as well as offer us accrual based accounting as we are required to use by law.

There is NO other cloud based platform with an all-in-one solution for Canadian Lawyers. This is a time and money saver for any firm.

I would like to see document generation (of all sorts), multiple clients per matter, the ability to generate Client I.D. Forms from the contact information.

Also helpful would be the ability to attach scanned receipts, cheques, and bills to accounting entries similar to the functionality in QuickBooks.

Some minor efficiency changes like being able to select certain options when creating an entry rather than having to re-open it afterwards.

Susan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

CosmoLex does everything needed to keep our firm under control

Bewertet am 19.10.2022

We saw the biggest impact in time and billing -- it's easy to mark down the "tiny" slices of time because you are already in the file. Less chance of not documenting phone conversation or expense as you don't have to exit one program to enter into another.

Billing/Invoicing/Payment management and Account reconciliation features are what I like best -- easy to stay on top of the flow

I don't have a "least" -- I find CosmoLex easy to use and it does everything I need to keep our office well managed!

Cleo Integration Cloud

Warum CosmoLex gewählt wurde

Our time and billing program became obsolete and just STOPPED working.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu CosmoLex

Cost was the biggest factor.
Joshua

Great for Small Firms

Bewertet am 19.12.2019

Very satisfied.

Very satisfied.

Comprehensive client management, including accounting.

Sometimes a little hard to use some of the features, but they are always listening to feature requests.

Clio

Warum CosmoLex gewählt wurde

They did not have all of the features.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Clio

Gründe für den Wechsel zu CosmoLex

PCLaw is not available for Macs.
Kristal
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

We chose Cosmolex because of the accounting feature

Bewertet am 25.6.2019

We chose Cosmolex because of the accounting feature along with the other case management features as well as its interplay with Lawpay.

I would like to be able to search the calendar for a particular name. For example, if I am trying to determine when I met with a potential client, I would like to be able to search their name. To add to this, I would like to be able to add the potential client to the calendar entry when I add a consult so I can search the PC and determine when I met with them.

As to the documents, I would like a way to search all the documents in the system. For example, I would like to be able to search for "Motion for Guardian ad Litem" and have all documents with that title, regardless of whose matter it is connected to.

I would like to be able to pull matter balances from the app.

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Thanks for your feedback, Kristal! We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying the advantages of an integrated accounting and practice management system. We're always looking to optimize our solution, so please feel free to make a feature request on our support site. Thank you!

Heather

CosmoLex

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

It saves me time each month on billing and invoicing.

It saves me time each month on billing and invoicing.

CosmoLex made going out on my own much easier. I particularly like that I don't need additional software on the accounting side of things.

I would like an easier method of doing conflict checks. I wish there was a stand alone tab for adding consultations in for conflict check purposes only.

Rebecca

Love it!

Bewertet am 18.12.2019

Very well. Customer service is excellent. Very user -friendly.

Very well. Customer service is excellent. Very user -friendly.

We swapped from Abacus to Cosmolex a few years ago and its a MAJOR improvement. I love how it is continuously updated to better the program. It is very user-friendly and I love how customizable it is. I also LOVE the upgrade with the new spell check!

Nothing right now. We are loving the latest updates!

Wendy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The accounting is very easy to use which saves time.

Bewertet am 19.6.2019

It helps all of our staff stay on the same page and everyone knows what is happening in each case.

I like that the program has both accounting features and has the ability to hold all of our client's information in one. The accounting features are very easy to use. The support videos are very easy to use and if I need to speak to anyone they usually call the very same day.

I would like the calendar to be able to send emails to all of the attorney's as right now when I calendar an event in one attorney's calendar it will not let me send him/her a reminder unless you put the event on another person's calendar. The point of putting stuff on the calendar is so they see the event and they have reminders

Antwort von ProfitSolv

Hi Wendy, thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your comments.

Mark

CosmoLex Review

Bewertet am 21.3.2022

Great.

Great.

The accounting features for trust account and integrated credit card processing.

This software has met expectations and performed well. It has done about everything that a small law firm could ask.

PracticePanther Legal Software und Clio
Peter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

2 year Cosmolex User

Bewertet am 21.9.2021

Having a cloud based system during Covid and into the future allows our firm to be flexible and current. Although pricey, the value is still there and we enjoy using this software.

Cosmolex integrates the accounting software and features we needed with the management of our law practice. Support takes care of any issues that arise quickly and efficiently.

Some parts of customization are not intuitive and assistance from customer support is sometimes required. Luckily, customer support is quick and easy to access.

William

Excellent Law Practice Management App

Bewertet am 1.8.2016

have been using Cosmolex since its introduction and am very happy with the application. I started using the software just for trust accounting, but found its easy-to-navigate interface so easy to use that I started keeping time and expenses and using the billing function as well. Then Cosmolex added full back-end accounting functionality and I ditched my QuickBooks app altogether. Cosmolex continues to add functionality and compatibility. It's a great app for managing your law practice.

Easy-to-use interface
Accurate trust accounting
Broadening functionality
Complete integration of functions
Growing compatibility with other class-leading applications

The only thing I am wishing for is the ability to generate documents from the Cosmolex database, but this is coming I am told!

Jordan
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Love it!

Bewertet am 23.12.2019

I didn't have LMP software before although I did have QuickBooks for awhile. Thus, there is nothing to compare to but it fills the bill for what I need. I think it was thoughtfully designed, and I find it straightforward and easy to use.

I have enjoyed the ease of learning and using this software. I like the Dashboard that tells you many useful things at a glance. Customer service is also very good. I like that it integrates with several other applications, such as LawPay and Casemaker (although I no longer use Casemaker). I also found a CL knowledgeable accountant through the site, which was very useful for getting set up my first year.

I really don't have cons. They did go up in price by $10/month without warning (one time in 18 months) but I still think it is a fair value.

Talon
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Switched from PC Law in December of 2019 and never looked back.

Bewertet am 28.7.2021

Integration with other software is key to its value.

As they roll out new features, I sometimes encounter bugs. They've got a great response time and great customer service though when that happens.

Amber
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Cosmolex is very intuitive software.

Bewertet am 29.4.2019

My assistant and I have enjoyed using Cosmolex, and now feel spoiled by all the great features compared to other file management and accounting software. I have been asked by several lawyers in my city to show them the program, and I wish I was more proficient with it so I could do it justice.

It does everything you wish other programs would do. It's easy to fix any mistakes you make in your billing without having to contact the company for a complicated "work around" solution. If you do have an issue or a suggestion, the customer service department is very responsive.

I would like if bills could be further broken down into taxable disbursements and non-taxable disbursements. My assistant and I registered for the training, but were unable to log on at the assigned time, but became too busy to follow up with this, so we have muddled through on our own for the last year.

Pete
  • Branche: Immobilien

I can't imagine practicing law without this essential tool.

Bewertet am 24.3.2015

My practice is focused primarily on residential real estate in NY and NJ and I represent a lot of lenders, so I have been relying upon Easy Soft’s hud-1 program and their billing/trust accounting program for years, so when I learned about everything CosmoLex had to offer, I was excited to jump in.

What really separates CosmoLex from the others is that it’s completely cloud based and also offers a full IOLA/IOLTA accounting system. I’m able to login from the office, from home, and even on the road from my smart phone to add billable events, log and print checks, or search for anything I need.

Because I’m a sole practitioner, I don’t have an IT department to help me install/upgrade my programs and the people at CosmoLex actually converted my existing data and had me up and running in about 15 minutes. Knowing that my data (and the programs) are off-site means less to worry about if and when a computer at my office should fail - and not having to worry about re-installing and restoring data (just knowing that it’s always safe and ready to access) makes sleeping at night a little easier.

The controls are intuitively setup and searching for matters by client or other keyword or searching transactions by dollar amount, etc., could not be easier. I’ve already watched some of their online tutorials and when those did not help me understand something, I contacted tech support for personalized support and training that did the trick every time!

Nothing comes to mind so far. It's everything I need.