Checkfront

Online-Buchungen für Touren, Aktivitäten und Anmietungen.

Sortieren nach

Andrew
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Everything you need as a guide

Bewertet am 18.8.2018

Checkfront allows me to have a customer website to take bookings but also the ability to take bookings and payments from a variety of other sources and manage them all in one place.

Checkfront allows you to set up a tour guide website relatively quickly without the hassle of knowing how to code. Although the designs are limited they are perfect for displaying tours available for your clients and making it easy for them to check availability and book tours. The backend system is what makes this powerful, allowing me to manage my tours whether they were booked through the site or via agents.

Some of the set-up if requiring special options is rather complicated but the help notes are clear and comprehensive. It is just a matter of persevering and checking to make sure you've got it set up right.

Brenda

Very responsive customer care

Bewertet am 29.6.2021

Very positive experience with Checkfront - nothing seems to be a problem, always supportive response from Support staff. Really very happy with product and overall support.

The software has many really useful functions e.g. waivers; group waivers; integration with Xero. The developements in terms of the calendar and manifest are great improvements but little tweaks in layout would declutter the view.

Some of the details functionality is brilliant - often not easy to find how to do something but just ask the Support folks and they usually have a very neat solution to offer.

The customer support is fantastic, so responsive and are very wiling to take a suggestion/issue back to the developers.

Find the Inventory calendar a bit cluttered and the mobile app could be done with a little refinement in terms of daily manifest.

Integration with Xero needs a little refinement - would be excellent if an admin could choose which Payment Methods are integrated, at the moment every transaction creates a Xero invoice which is not always appropriate (e.g. gift vouchers, cash, face-to-face card payments) so there can be quite a bit of voiding in Xero to correct position.

The Partner Accounts are too restrictive for the way we work with our partners so we had to provide User accounts to provide the functionality.

Jessica
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Had high hopes:( Hoping it will turn around...They will do it, I KNOW IT!

Bewertet am 8.1.2022

Now is the time for private, and I would guestimate that you're at least 6-months away, if not more, from you guys nailing that. Perhaps your software is much more comprehensive? A photoshop, undiscovered? A Linkedin, now FB rival? IDK. I can only find little bugs that make zero sense (on both sides). A mandatory forced parameter can never be one, and it must be less than zero, or it's NOT enforceable. I have an extensive list for your guys if I can find the time.

Great people, GREAT value, guys! I just sincerely wasn't about to pay a setup fee due to the complexities of my business. I'm a HUGE what-if person, and those variables are not there yet.

The sales folks have been incredible! Very patient, helpful, and lovely.

You guys are on the right track, but I think that your growth will possibly hurt you. I've been watching your Company for many years and finally convinced one of my customers to switch over from Rezdy. The integration has not been easy, and I've not slept for days, challenged with the tiniest minor bugs that I can't believe no one hasn't mentioned? I hate to say it, but I miss Rezdy. They have not changed much in at least 10-years+. What was so illogical with their software now is not so bad now. They also amped it up a notch.

I also miss calling you guys up and working through a problem, impossible to get through, just in between the old and the new. Bad timing, I think?

Emanuel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Checkfront is the revolution for small/medium businesses, with an outstanding Customer Service...

Bewertet am 1.7.2021

Great, because even if not perfect Checkfront helps you improve your business and has the great quality to listen to their customers trying to help everyone with their own demands! this is priceless!

The flexibility. You are in the condition to bend the software depending on your demand. And this is great!
Another GREAT quality is not the software but relate to that and is the customer service. one of the best I even dealt with. every time you have a doubt they are responsive and always will help you at the best of their abilities to achieve your goal. is this an ENORMOUS quality!

It's not totally optimized for a business like ours that sells cruise, there are software that give you the possibility to have a graphic visual of the boat with all the cabins. but Checkfront is young and I'm sure that in the future these features will be implemented!

FareHarbor

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront

because for small businesses software like FareHarbour is absolutely over expensive.

Antwort von Checkfront Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Emanuel, thanks for your feedback.

We're glad you're enjoying the flexibility that Checkfront provides and that it has been easy to use thus far.

We'll be sure to pass on your feedback on the visual map booking option.

Once again, thanks for choosing Checkfront :)

Richard
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Comprehensive system with good support

Bewertet am 29.6.2021

I have been very impressed that Checkfront has been able to manage all aspects of our reservation system (online booking, calendar, inventory, waiver forms and integration with our POS). We were able to switch from a paper/whiteboard whiteboard model to completely digital this year thanks to our Checkfront implementation and it has been a game changer. Support has been very good and makes all the difference with configuration questions and minor system issues.

I have an IT background and was able to install and configure this system mostly on my own. I needed help with a few more complex configuration questions but pretty impressive that a system this sophisticated can be setup by the end user. It is very flexible and powerful but this also means that setup can get quite involved.

Reporting is a weakness with no custom reporting options. Ongoing development of the product is slow and currently with no transparency on the roadmap. They have promised to share more info on this though.

Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront

Square recommended Checkfront because of the tight integration.
Ferdi FJ
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best and quick to reply!

Bewertet am 20.8.2018

I've been using Checkfront since day 1 and also have been one of the first companies that support their tour operator applications. I think it is now almost 11 years..
What can I say, just 'simply the best! I've met the team at a conference/travel technology event once and it just shows that this company is built and run by people - real people with a passion to make it easier for anyone to run their business without worrying about the technical details. Keep it up Team Checkfront!

It's got it all.. from booking setup to distribution channels.

Not easy to integrate and display various currencies. Or take payments in different currencies, but hey - they are working on that.
Also not easy to hide certain products from the public and only allow access with an URL for special events or products that may only be viewed by some customers.
Resource management feature is not live yet, but it sounds like this will be a complete game-changer; making it possible to manage all guides, transport, the hiring of equipment and even activities and accommodation required for trips and tours.

Louise

Good All Round Payment Solution

Bewertet am 15.2.2019

The ability to embed the purchase screens into our website, so customers do not need to visit another site to make a purchase. Option to connect Tripadvisor system to our items in Checkfront. Connectivity with our games software. Generally the over connectivity to other systems we work with.

Reporting... there lots of report options, but I do not like how you set these up by having to select columns and then this is saved for everyone. Good that you can download to excel but would be nice to have some editing function within Checkfront

Chris

Works Great, Great Support

Bewertet am 22.9.2016

We have used Checkfront since our inception in 2012. We have grown and so have they. They have done a great job making things better and their price is fair. Any issues we have had support has assisted in a timely manner. Reporting is great and notifications to customers is easy to set up.

Great reporting, easy to use, well priced.

My only slight issue I have with them, is I would love to attend a 2-3 day Checkfront "University". I get the feeling we can do more with Checkfront and are only using 75% of it. Of course, they have a great and very efficient configuration call that helps and this probably is the more efficient route to go anyway.

Paula
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great decision to choose Checkfront for bookings

Bewertet am 29.12.2019

Hotel bookings
Booking for trips

Can do everything you can imagine. Ideal solution for complex booking questions.

Nothing I can think of. I do not like to mention cons. They were hard to make a great product with top service.

Antwort von Checkfront Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hey Paula, thanks for your feedback! We're glad you're happy using Checkfront's many features and that it is the ideal booking software for your business. If you should ever need anything, we're here to help! Once again, thanks for choosing Checkfront :)

Andrew
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great booking tool!

Bewertet am 3.1.2020

Overall, great experience! It met our needs completely, and we have actually been able to expend our offerings. It has also helped us immensely with our billing abilities.

Very powerful tool! It can be customized to meet the needs of almost any industry. The customer support offered by Checkfront is amazing, and they were integral to the deployment of their software on our website. Cannot thank them enough.

There are a lot of features (maybe too many). It can be hard to navigate at first, and there is no phone support for the basic plan which can be tough if you are someone who prefers live conversation vs email.

Antwort von Checkfront Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hey Andrew, thanks for your review. Checkfront's support team will be very happy to hear your positive feedback. We'll be sure to pass this on to them :)

It might interest you to know that we have alternate methods of support at the set-up stage to make the onboarding process smooth and reduce friction. We have live chat and step by step simulation videos that can be accessed at your convenience. Our support team also provides custom simulation videos tailor-made specifically for your business. We're more than happy to help as and when you need any assistance.

Once again, thanks for choosing Checkfront :)

Lucy

Great System & Exceptional Service for my Rental Business

Bewertet am 20.2.2019

That said considering Checkfront is relatively inexpensive for what they offer and it's not a custom built program I can't really fault them. Some people complain about various needs not being met but unless you want to pay big dollars for a custom package you can't expect to have all your wish list met. I'm in the processes of resolving this by having my developer use Checkfront's API to integrate into my website. One of the things we're doing is adding Delivery and Collection as a separate step in the booking process.

We've been very happy with Checkfront. I can't even imagine trying to run my business without them.

I have used Checkfront for five years and the service has always been outstanding. They always reply very quickly to my emails. I've phoned them a couple of times but really there's no need to phone as their email response is so good. It also means you have a record of what's discussed. Having an inventory based rental system that allows my customers to book online and keep stock updated keeps me ahead of the competition. I love the customised notifications that are specific to the items booked. The free add-ons are amazing. Being able to link to my accounting software makes life simple.

You have to keep a very close eye on products being returned. If something isn't returned it's very easy for it to "fall off the system" if it's not noticed on the due date. It would be good to be able to scan items back in or at the very least for the item to remain on the desktop until it's been checked off. I understand Checkfront are working on this. The only other concern for us has been that delivery and collection has to be booked as an actual item and not offered at Checkout. Our customers are confused by this no matter how many prompts we add. I believe it's because customers are used to an online retails experience where it is common practice for Delivery to offered after items have been selected and you are at the final stages before payment.

Melissa

Haliburton Forest Review on Checkfront

Bewertet am 8.2.2019

Overall, we have been extremely satisfied and find that checkfront has more benefits than cons, but it would be nice if the cons could be improved. We have only been using checkfront for a little over a year and couldn't ask for an easier program to use. It has definitely improved how we manage our reservations and are constantly learning about new features and how others work.

This is very user friendly, both on the back end/set up side as well as the user side. The reservation system we used to use is extremely limited. We love that we can create a reservation and easily make changes. Our old system was not as user friendly and we would have to delete a reservation and re-create it even if we wanted to something as simple as change a date.

The website version is awesome, but the mobile app is not as user friendly as we would like and we are not thrilled with the reports. For the app, we are unable to check booking documents or update the reservations. That's great that we can check them in, but if they need to add a feature or change their dates at time of check in, we have to switch over to the web version, then switch back for payment. Which is another issue. We have connected checkfront with square, and a lot of the payments don't register with checkfront, so we have to first take the payment, and then record the payment. Very frustrating. We already had a few issues with the checkfront reports, which we have been able to work around, but now that we have connected to square, we are finding it extremely difficult to balance and now our bookkeeper has to refer to multiple reports, which of course does not help. One huge thing that would help is that our items in checkfront be able to communicate with square directly. Right now they convert over and say 'Custom Amount'. In one square report the booking id is referenced, but not others. Very, very frustrating. But if an item, like snowmobile passes, could actually transfer over as snowmobile passes, that would be huge. There are a few other issues, but those are the main setbacks we have currently.

Chris

Checkfront = Next Level

Bewertet am 20.8.2018

Checkfront affords is the ability to automate so much of the reservation process that not only do we have extremely organized and fluid interaction with customer’s reservations but we can streamline so many other elements of our system such as housekeeping as well.

Multiple configurations allow us to customize our back and front facing reservation database even though we are not a traditional hotel. Support is usually very detailed and forward thinking. If what we want can’t be accomplished, we always get good insight on workarounds and temporary solutions, that sometimes work better than what we had planned. CF constantly works to improve itself. We get monthly updates that bring new funtctions and extension platforms into the mix. It’s about 75% of the way to eliminating the rest of our internal support platforms - loyalty rewards, staff scheduling, & customizable customer profiles are the remaining topics we’d like to see incorporated into CF.

We hold little hope that our feature requests will ever be developed. Configuration on the backend comes with a significant learning curve. One can get lost in the labyrinth of configuration options. I understand it’s necessary for all the functionality on the front end but if hotels are configuring this themselves, the labyrinth could be a little less complicated (topics re: parameters, & alias are very confusing).

Neville
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Accommodation Management using Checkfront

Bewertet am 23.2.2022

Checkfront has met our every business need, so far. Yes, we have had to reach out to Checkfront support for assistance from time to time, but they have come to the party with a solution every time. Make no mistake, this is a great product.

Flexibility to meet our business processes, automated customer communications via "Notifications" (which you can tailor to your needs), calendar functions, ability to specify requirements for the booking page and guest lists. We also like the different look and feel options for your booking page.

If I had to make a criticism, and I mean "had to", I would say that because Checkfront is so flexible in its design features, there is a learning curve to understand how the functionality works. That is why you need good customer support, which you also get with Checkfront.

Antwort von Checkfront Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Neville! Thank you for your review and feedback!

Yes, we also agree that there is quite a learning curve with Checkfront's robustness! We will be trying to make everything easier to use with more in-app guides coming soon!

Rob
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

I have a very small business. I wanted software to handle online bookings. In no time it was...

Bewertet am 14.9.2017

It handles all my bookings. It's like I have someone in an office full time.

The most thing I like about this software is the support. Even before I became a customer, Checkfront was answering my questions. I didn't know if the software would handle the things the way I wanted. The tutorial got me started and it provide the base for me to ask intelligent questions. Checkfront answers each question quickly and usually gives me 2 to 3 step by step solutions I could use. The software interfaces seamlessly with my website and their E-Commerce handles my selected payment method flawlessly. Because my business is seasonal, I simply select hibernation mode and my monthly charges are ended until next season. I had no idea what a great fit it would be.

The only 'Con' I have is when I search help I can't think of the right term to define what I'm looking for so, I get frustrated with the search. However, I can easily overcome that by dropping a note to Checkfront support.

Melissa

Review on behalf of Haliburton Forest

Bewertet am 27.12.2019

Overall we have been very satisfied. We have been able to relieve some of the stress from the office by having online reservations available and allowing for customers to book for themselves.

Ease of use. There are a few things that should be addressed, but overall ease of use has been fantastic.

Certain features need some work or need to become available for better functionality.

Antwort von Checkfront Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hey Melissa, thanks for that review. We're glad to know that Checkfront has been a stress-free booking software and that everything's been easy to use! We're happy to help should you need any assistance. We value your business with us :)

David
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A good foundation but could do better

Bewertet am 21.8.2018

Overall, we have been happy with Checkfront. There is some improvement we'd like to do on the notification and invoicing side of things so that the booking process is more informative and smooth. The guides could provide more indepth information on this topic.

Going from paper based to cloud based has been a big help in recording all our bookings and allowing multiple users to view what bookings have been entered.
We use Checkfront for our accommoation, catering, meeting rooms and equipment bookings so need a level of complexity to do this and Checkfront is up to the task. The main difference for us is that we manage the bookings in house after an enquiry is made via phone/email or our website. We do not run a live booking portal for guests to make bookings from.

The intergration with Xero does not talk back and forth therefore, invoices that change totals after they are booked show discrepancies with the final amount.
Setting new rates in advance through the item events function was recommended however, it does not suit more complex items such as rooms with multiple occupancy etc.

Leif
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best booking software in this price range by far!

Bewertet am 29.6.2021

First and foremost, Checkfront is affordable for a small business our size, and even though they are much more affordable than the high-cost competition, Checkfront doesn't scrimp on features and functionality. Checkfront takes a day or two to get used to but that's only because it's jam-packed full of useful and necessary features. Checkfront is a fully functional and complete booking system that won't leave you feeling like there's always something missing, as is the case with so many other low-cost providers.

I can't complain about a system that does everything the big high-cost alternatives do for a price that's affordable and cost-effective for small businesses like mine.

Hi Leif!

We appreciate the time you took to write such a great review! Thank you so much!

We are glad to hear that you find us an affordable option for smaller businesses.

Your feedback on getting started will be shared with our team.

Thank you again for choosing Checkfront!

Kathleen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Game changer for our rental business

Bewertet am 30.6.2021

Brilliant. Saved a ton of time. Better service for our customers b/c they can see what we offer and if we don't have it they can seek it elsewhere.

This was the most significant change in our rentals in the 37 year history. Or at least, from my vantage point. It is much easier for the customer to see what is available. The way they interact with the software with images is excellent. I also appreciate how we could offer such a variety of kayaks, canoes and stand-up paddleboards, and a range of pricing. Super flexible. A bonus, was that even after we had taken rentals, we could make changes, and not affect the initial bookings. I have found this software to be excelent. Saving us a ton of back and forth with customers and allowing our customers to see what we have, literally because we have pictures on the site. Awesome.

The initial learning curve is always tough. Though ultimately, the upfront growing pains have been waaay worth it.
The customer services - and recordings that are sent after the session are really helpful.

Hi Kathleen!

Wow, what an amazing review. We really appreciate your honest feedback.

We are happy to hear that we have been able to provide such a useful service to you.

I will be sure to pass along your feedback about getting started to team :)

Thank you again for choosing Checkfront.

Jennifer

Great for Hotels that also offer Services

Bewertet am 12.12.2019

Overall, we're very happy with Checkfront. We recently looked for other solutions to see what was available on the market but we ended up sticking with Checkfront.

What we like most about Checkfront is that it is a multi-use tool. We find that there aren't a lot of solutions out there if you offer rooms AND tours.

It seems like they don't update it very often. The overall layout and design has been the same since 2015.

Bruce

Fantastic product

Bewertet am 23.2.2022

Instant reservations showing availability

Online reservations showing availability

Don't have any issues at all with the product works great for us.

FareHarbor

Warum Checkfront gewählt wurde

Old product was not instant availability, had to be entered by staff member

Price

Antwort von Checkfront Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

We are so happy to hear that we have been able to help you and your business!

Maggie

Why I chose over other 3rd party platforms

Bewertet am 8.2.2019

The customer service is great! Platform affordable! And possibilities almost endless!

As a new business I was looking for a platform that would show availability to customers and hold all my inventory. As far as price, they beat the competitors. I tried several platforms with their trial periods and checkfront won hands down. They set up an initial phone call to answer any questions you have and walk you through features. And even still after using for almost 2 year I find myself asking “what if I could do this?” Checkfront as a real-time instant message I visit frequently and typically they make that “what if” a reality.

For my business of rentals their platform is limited as far as design and image uploads. But overall minor detail in scope of what they are capable of.

Debbie
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Definitely a good business solution

Bewertet am 21.8.2018

Overall the decision to go with CF has been very positive. It has definitely made handling the large volume of customers much easier. The automated parts, like guest confirmations, has been time saving for sure. We do find the product set up with dates and times to be rather confusing and almost always involves support emails to get us sorted out. It would be great if this could be more intuitive. Also the option to handle retail items would be a huge asset. The only real negative is that I can't hide my financial reports from the front line staff. If I restrict this access it also restricts the reports they need to cash out at days end. I would consider switching off of CF if I was made an offer by a similar company who offers this feature. (I simply haven't looked yet, but plan to do a system review in the fall). Overall the support and features are worth the very reasonable price for what we find to be a stable system.

The ease of the real time online booking for our customers and the automated guest management functions

-lacks basics like being able to hide financial reports from front line staff.
-can't return partial funds to a credit card, must return full amount charged
-managing AR/AP payments is confusing and a huge hassle
-no way to visually separate products by time on the dashboard calendar (i.e.: afternoon tour from morning tour, etc, based on start time)

Norm

I really enjoy Checkfront

Bewertet am 22.2.2022

My overall experience with Checkfront has been great. The customer support has been excellent and they have solved any problems or misunderstandings that I have come across.

- easy and detailed reporting
- easy to set up tours & courses
- great support
- add ons
- the ability to invoice for retail products
- built in waivers

- I found it expensive as a small business with 1-3 ppl and having to purchase the top package so that I could use the waivers.

Antwort von Checkfront Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for your kind words, Norm! We really appreciate it as well as your feedback on the cost of our tiered plans!

I will be sure to share this with our teams :)

Darren

Versatile and great choice for VR Arcades

Bewertet am 17.8.2018

I chose Checkfront for my Virtual Reality Arcade business mostly because it is Canadian based and is one of a few companies that will bill me in CAN. I also chose it because they do not add a fee for each booking like many of the others do. That was important to me as I did not want my customers paying a 'booking fee'. The customer service has been EXCEPTIONAL!! all of my issues have been resolved and in a timely manner. They are super helpful.

I really appreciated that I am being billed in Canadian dollars rather than US dollars. I like how the plans are scalable. The functionality allows for many variables as well as e-Gift Certificates and many discount options. Integrates with Square and Quickbooks which is great for a small VR Arcade business.

The knowledge base is a little sparse so I had to contact them directly for several situations.