Checkfront

Online-Buchungen für Touren, Aktivitäten und Anmietungen.

Nick M.

Checkfront review by Cairns Holiday Homes

Bewertet am 13.2.2019

Overall, it's a terrific system. Discovering how good it is takes time and frustration. Going from manual pricing to online quoting taught me that the human brain can do things so much more easily than an automated system which has its limits. It took me a while to figure out what I could do and could not do in the pricing possibilities that I could offer. Having said that, the Checkfront system is pretty damn impressive in what it can do but a slog to find out the limitations.

The invoicing and notification system is excellent. It allows for a sequence of events - the initial request and removal of item from inventory, the paying of a deposit and the sending out of a reminder for the balance. It has also allowed us to record bookings that come from another listing site. The notification system is good but , as with with all automatic sequences, you need to think carefully before setting a sequence in train because the same message notification might not be right for everyone. It takes a lot of thought to set up the generic sequence that will most often be used. However, it is very easy to make adjustments to the message before it goes out.

Checkfront may be used more for booking tours rather than holiday homes but it's flexibility allows for many different set-ups. Therein lies the problem with regard to the help pages. They are quite helpful with regard to what any particular feature is but most examples tend to be about booking tours rather than accommodation. I spent a lot of time working out what I could do and how I should do it, more or less by trial and error. In some ways that is a good thing because I learnt so much more about the system by the sheer repetition of trying so many ways to do something. However, it would have saved me a lot of time to have some real examples of how to set up and overcome particular problems.
So far, I have only two irritations with the software. One is the mobile phone app which could be much improved but is not actually a bother because I really do not need to carry my office in my pocket. The other is the Inventory calendar. I wish I could highlight the row that I am working on because it is very easy to start making alterations to the wrong row. I also wish that I could highlight a period of time to add or remove a property from inventory. You can only do that one day at a time which is tedious and non-intuitive. There are other ways round this and perhaps there is a good programming reason for the limitation.

Brenda D.

Very responsive customer care

Bewertet am 29.6.2021

Very positive experience with Checkfront - nothing seems to be a problem, always supportive response from Support staff. Really very happy with product and overall support.

The software has many really useful functions e.g. waivers; group waivers; integration with Xero. The developements in terms of the calendar and manifest are great improvements but little tweaks in layout would declutter the view.

Some of the details functionality is brilliant - often not easy to find how to do something but just ask the Support folks and they usually have a very neat solution to offer.

The customer support is fantastic, so responsive and are very wiling to take a suggestion/issue back to the developers.

Find the Inventory calendar a bit cluttered and the mobile app could be done with a little refinement in terms of daily manifest.

Integration with Xero needs a little refinement - would be excellent if an admin could choose which Payment Methods are integrated, at the moment every transaction creates a Xero invoice which is not always appropriate (e.g. gift vouchers, cash, face-to-face card payments) so there can be quite a bit of voiding in Xero to correct position.

The Partner Accounts are too restrictive for the way we work with our partners so we had to provide User accounts to provide the functionality.

André H.

Overall Poor, but with Some Plus Points

Bewertet am 15.10.2019

Checkfront is fairly easy to use and offers you the possibility to set it up for a multitude of product types, such as transportation, restaurant reservations and experiences. The ability for customers to pay directly on an invoice with various payment methods is neat. For a small business, Checkfront does the job.

Reporting is poor and does not offer many customisation options. Not being able to assign a guide for an experience shows that this software lacks basic functionality. Employee scheduling in such an app is a must. It doesn't have to replace an employee scheduling software, but one should be able to directly assign an employee to an item on the schedule. The widgets on the dashboard didn't really provide relevant information for day-to-day operations. The daily summary list does not offer a great overview on the day's happenings and looks rather messy. Customer support was very average, more often than not. I never really felt that Checkfront took an interest in our business. We were planning on adding more than 10 users and were asked to pay a large sum, yearly and in advance. At this point, we decided it was time to move on.

FareHarbor

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront

Because FareHarbor was not available in Europe at the time. Checkfront seemed like the best alternative.
Mátyás G.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great value and functionality, excellent support

Bewertet am 14.5.2021

Great, would 100% recommend to any business operating some type of activity, tour, rental etc.

Checkfront is an easy-to-use reservation system that can be customized very well to fit the needs of almost any type of activity or experience provider. It's excellent value comes from the fact that it only has a monthly fee and no extra per booking or per user etc which can literally save you thousands of Euros per year compared to other products that often have lesser or similar functionality. The support team is also worth mentioning, they are always quick and friendly and looking to provide good solutions.

The number of OTA integrations could be higher and feature requests could be handled more quickly but other than that it's excellent.

Rezdy, FareHarbor und TrekkSoft

Warum Checkfront gewählt wurde

Checkfront has better functionality AND saved us thousands of Euros per year that we paid to Regiondo for percentage-based fees after bookings that came in through our very own website.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Regiondo

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront

Better functionality, better value, and some other potential good choices were simply not available in our region.
Daniel S.

Great Booking Software

Bewertet am 29.12.2020

We run a glamping business and have been using Checkfront for 3 years and it works great. The initial set up was a bit of a slog as we have an complex booking system, but it all works well. The team at CheckFront is always very responsive and helpful - with written suggestions and video walk-throughs for set up issues.

There is a lot of flexibility in the this product, with many features. Developed by a small Canadian company, that is very responsive to questions and feature requests. Very supportive with assistance for technical issues in my set up.

With all the features and parameters to set up, there is lots of things that can get out of lineament. Sometimes I will spend hours trying to puzzle out why something that I have set up does not work as it should. The team at CheckFront is always great is helping me get it fixed.

Emanuel S.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Checkfront is the revolution for small/medium businesses, with an outstanding Customer Service...

Bewertet am 1.7.2021

Great, because even if not perfect Checkfront helps you improve your business and has the great quality to listen to their customers trying to help everyone with their own demands! this is priceless!

The flexibility. You are in the condition to bend the software depending on your demand. And this is great!
Another GREAT quality is not the software but relate to that and is the customer service. one of the best I even dealt with. every time you have a doubt they are responsive and always will help you at the best of their abilities to achieve your goal. is this an ENORMOUS quality!

It's not totally optimized for a business like ours that sells cruise, there are software that give you the possibility to have a graphic visual of the boat with all the cabins. but Checkfront is young and I'm sure that in the future these features will be implemented!

FareHarbor

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront

because for small businesses software like FareHarbour is absolutely over expensive.
Richard H.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Comprehensive system with good support

Bewertet am 29.6.2021

I have been very impressed that Checkfront has been able to manage all aspects of our reservation system (online booking, calendar, inventory, waiver forms and integration with our POS). We were able to switch from a paper/whiteboard whiteboard model to completely digital this year thanks to our Checkfront implementation and it has been a game changer. Support has been very good and makes all the difference with configuration questions and minor system issues.

I have an IT background and was able to install and configure this system mostly on my own. I needed help with a few more complex configuration questions but pretty impressive that a system this sophisticated can be setup by the end user. It is very flexible and powerful but this also means that setup can get quite involved.

Reporting is a weakness with no custom reporting options. Ongoing development of the product is slow and currently with no transparency on the roadmap. They have promised to share more info on this though.

Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront

Square recommended Checkfront because of the tight integration.
Shane M.
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Customizable reservation system

Bewertet am 29.6.2021

Very very good customer support team

Checkfront allows us to customize our reservation system to fit our specific business needs

There is a definite learning curve to using this product.

Bookeo

Warum Checkfront gewählt wurde

Xola changed their pricing structure

Zuvor genutzte Software

Xola

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront

A more professional appearance to our booking/reservation system
Souheil B.
  • Branche: Internet

Easy software for Booking Tourist Activities / invoice

Bewertet am 13.4.2021

- I decided to say with checkfront, because their team is very helpful, there is a community and a forum to get inspired, to get help if you are a beginner in the tourism industry

+ All in one place : Booking / customers / invoices
+ You can customize every detail of the Activity you are selling to your customers
+ The support team listens to your needs

- During covid, the hibernation plan means that your website goes offline

Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront

Because the sales person [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] took the time to understand my needs, and anwser all my question. After my free trial, Checkfront is making me win a lot of time with invoicing and booking management
Chalets L.

wonderful software!

Bewertet am 30.6.2021

It is the first sofware that is really easy to use and understand. I know IQWare, Crystal, Otello, FileMaker and another one I don't remember but this one is the best for our needs.

The help support online. Chat with somebody to help you with a problem is really really good.

Some issues for dates that we don't want check-in and check-out but finally was fixed lately.

Capt rob J.
  • Branche: Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen

My love affair with Checkfront

Bewertet am 29.6.2021

I like the expert advise and help. Your support staff needs to be congratulated.

if Checkfront was not available for me, I would be drowning in a sea of paperwork. For example, I started using the documentations app two years ago. It has allowed us to develop a social distancing booking system, that is touchless and COVID approved.

After an initial setup and learning process, our customer response has been very positive because we have eliminated the paperwork "Hassel" at the boarding gate. It has cut our boarding time in half because all the insurance required documentation is now done at their home or office. It has eliminated filing of the paperwork. It has made documentation look up easier.

I have been with Checkfront for almost 10 years. They have eliminate many of my concerns. However, currently my discount codes do not work like they use to. When I use multiple discounts on the same invoice.

For example, I might have 3 or 4 rental booking on the same invoice, representing 3 to 4 days of rental for that week. We offer a 25% discount on weekday rentals and a 10% rental on weekends. I should be able to have different discount rates for each booking by using the "per item" discount code. Unfortunately, it does not work that way. The total is the same but the software prorates the discount on all items on the invoice. This is very confusing to my customer.

Neville E.
  • Branche: Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen

Accommodation Management Software

Bewertet am 17.9.2020

Make no mistake, Checkfront is a cleverly designed system with great features and is very reliable. I don't think we have experienced any down time. Our membership has been quick to embrace the new software and bookings are now very efficient, particularly through integration with STRIPE. Checkfront easily integrated into our Membership Management software. From an administrator's perspective, once you have configured the system to your needs, it is easy to manage updates and amendments.

Flexibility and features: We have fairly specific requirements and a complex process for booking accommodation. I must say that Checkfront has been able to handle all of the complexities we have thrown at it. I do like the notifications feature.
As much as we like the software itself the support staff in my opinion are second to none. as well. I have been in the IT industry for more than 40 years and have experienced the lot, from dreadful support to the best. I would rank the support at Checkfront up there with the best. They are helpful, courteous and prompt to respond. I especially like the chat capabilities that give you extended time outside business hours, given that we are in Australia and in an awkward timezone to Checkfront.

As with most SaaS web based software, the reporting could be a little more extensive (from our perspective). It is adequate but there is not much control over the standard reports, particularly around guest lists over a selected time period. However, it does provide enough basic information around bookings, sales and a decent dashboard for "at a glance" information about bookings.

Along with flexibility comes complexity. For us Checkfront was the outstanding candidate, given our very specific requirements but it did take a bit of time to become familiar with it and configure it to our needs. Once set up though it is easy to move from one season to another (we are a ski Club).

It was cheaper for us to go down the track of separate software for Membership Management and Accommodation Booking, given the complexities of our booking process. As a result we do not have integration of membership across both systems. That being said, we have not found this to be a show stopper.

Lucy W.

Great System & Exceptional Service for my Rental Business

Bewertet am 20.2.2019

That said considering Checkfront is relatively inexpensive for what they offer and it's not a custom built program I can't really fault them. Some people complain about various needs not being met but unless you want to pay big dollars for a custom package you can't expect to have all your wish list met. I'm in the processes of resolving this by having my developer use Checkfront's API to integrate into my website. One of the things we're doing is adding Delivery and Collection as a separate step in the booking process.

We've been very happy with Checkfront. I can't even imagine trying to run my business without them.

I have used Checkfront for five years and the service has always been outstanding. They always reply very quickly to my emails. I've phoned them a couple of times but really there's no need to phone as their email response is so good. It also means you have a record of what's discussed. Having an inventory based rental system that allows my customers to book online and keep stock updated keeps me ahead of the competition. I love the customised notifications that are specific to the items booked. The free add-ons are amazing. Being able to link to my accounting software makes life simple.

You have to keep a very close eye on products being returned. If something isn't returned it's very easy for it to "fall off the system" if it's not noticed on the due date. It would be good to be able to scan items back in or at the very least for the item to remain on the desktop until it's been checked off. I understand Checkfront are working on this. The only other concern for us has been that delivery and collection has to be booked as an actual item and not offered at Checkout. Our customers are confused by this no matter how many prompts we add. I believe it's because customers are used to an online retails experience where it is common practice for Delivery to offered after items have been selected and you are at the final stages before payment.

Judi L.

Checkfront Booking Engine

Bewertet am 15.2.2019

Using Check-front as my online booking engine. Great tech support. Tech Support is friendly, knowledgeable, and usually very quick to reply.

The software is great value for the money. Best out there in my opinion. Great telephone software support during the set-up/onboarding. Ongoing support via email is extremely good, with tech support promptly replying with step-by-step detailed explanations and screen videos of how to address the issues.

1. For vacation rental managements, this software in it's current version is very awkward & time consuming to update rates, descriptions, etc if the property falls in more than one category, such as a being 4 bedroom, ski-in/ski-out, base area location, private hot tub & pet friendly. For each category, rates need to be added for that property each time a rate change or new set of dates is added. It seems to be that there should be a main listing that communicates with each of the categories the property is listed under. In the initial set-up, an "alias" can be used, but once the property is up, new rates, fees, taxes, etc have to be added to the property in each category it is listed under. Takes way too much time to do things this way. Needs to be an option to "link" the same property throughout each category it is listed in so rate adjustments can be done with just one entry.

2. Wish they had ongoing telephone support though the email support works well

3. Wish Checkfront had calendar connections with other vacation rental sites such as VRBO, HomeAway, AirBnB, Expedia, Booking.com and so one so once a reservation is made on one site, all the other booking calendars updated at the same time.

Melissa P.

Haliburton Forest Review on Checkfront

Bewertet am 8.2.2019

Overall, we have been extremely satisfied and find that checkfront has more benefits than cons, but it would be nice if the cons could be improved. We have only been using checkfront for a little over a year and couldn't ask for an easier program to use. It has definitely improved how we manage our reservations and are constantly learning about new features and how others work.

This is very user friendly, both on the back end/set up side as well as the user side. The reservation system we used to use is extremely limited. We love that we can create a reservation and easily make changes. Our old system was not as user friendly and we would have to delete a reservation and re-create it even if we wanted to something as simple as change a date.

The website version is awesome, but the mobile app is not as user friendly as we would like and we are not thrilled with the reports. For the app, we are unable to check booking documents or update the reservations. That's great that we can check them in, but if they need to add a feature or change their dates at time of check in, we have to switch over to the web version, then switch back for payment. Which is another issue. We have connected checkfront with square, and a lot of the payments don't register with checkfront, so we have to first take the payment, and then record the payment. Very frustrating. We already had a few issues with the checkfront reports, which we have been able to work around, but now that we have connected to square, we are finding it extremely difficult to balance and now our bookkeeper has to refer to multiple reports, which of course does not help. One huge thing that would help is that our items in checkfront be able to communicate with square directly. Right now they convert over and say 'Custom Amount'. In one square report the booking id is referenced, but not others. Very, very frustrating. But if an item, like snowmobile passes, could actually transfer over as snowmobile passes, that would be huge. There are a few other issues, but those are the main setbacks we have currently.

Dylan S.
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Checkfront Has Changed The Game

Bewertet am 21.8.2018

Overall our experience with Checkfront has been hugely positive. The support provided by the team throughout the customisation process was always fast, easy to understand and tailor made for me.

After operating our business for years without an online, pre-paid bookings system we had no idea of the positive impact Checkfront would have, not just for our business but for our lives. Red Star Music is a recording studio and rehearsal spaces and there was initial concern that introducing this type of system would 'scare away', deter or frustrate existing customer but to our surprise, the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. It has been a win/win situation for everyone.

Pros for customers:

* No longer have to rely on getting in touch with us to book and check availability.
* No longer have to request invoices.
* Checkfront with the addition of digital access to the spaces means we are able to be open 24hrs a day, 7 days a week.

Pros for us:

* Protection from financial losses due to people not showing up for bookings, cancelling last minute and refusing to pay. With Checkfront's pre-paid system and our compulsory terms of agreement, the responsibility is placed entirely on the customers to organise themselves.
* Protection from human error during the bookings process (on our part).
* We are now open 24hrs/7 days a week and no longer are required to have onsite staff members collecting payment whenever there are bookings.
* We have more time to focus on other aspects of the business and our lives rather than having to be on call around the clock. Our phones are very quiet these days and we have more bookings than ever.

Understanding that our needs are fairly complicated when it comes to a customised bookings system, there are really only a few very minor things:

It'd be nice to be able to set a rule that a certain time slot booking can only be booked when another before it is in place. For example - we'd like to run a 2hr discount session from 9-11pm as a gap filler on week days but we only want customers to be able to book that session if a 5-9pm session is already booked so that we aren't blocking a potential 4hr 7-11pm, higher value session. Does that make sense? No biggie though!

There are a couple of things with the mobile app however:

1. If I'm away and I want to check tomorrow's bookings on my phone to see whether I need to be there or not, I can open the app and see in the list of customers from earliest to latest (top to bottom), but I have to tap into each individual customer to see what time they are actually booked, making it difficult for me to get and overall visual of how I'm going to organise the day, hire gear etc.
2. I often want to be able to contact customers when I'm away to give them instructions but there doesn't seem to be any way for me to access contact details, phone/email for the bookings in the mobile app. Being able to tap copy their phone numer and send a quick text would make life much easier.

• Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Versatile, Cost-Effective Platform with Good Customer Support

Bewertet am 17.8.2018

Checkfront helped us migrate from a very inefficient reservations system (email and paper) to one that is largely automated and this has vastly improved our customer experience, saved us a lot of staff time, and given us better tools to manage and understand our business. As a small non-profit tour operator with tight margins, we are not only very happy with Checkfront's pricing structure, but also grateful that they offer a non-profit discount. In spite of a few limitations, overall we are very happy with Checkfront and have been using it for 3+ years.

Checkfront is very affordable relative to other tour booking platforms (they charge a flat annual fee rather than a percentage of sales - which I believe is the fair way to operate), and it works great for many purposes. There are lots of options for customization, and it is easy to learn how to configure and manage the platform using Checkfront's tutorials and documentation. There are lots of helpful integrations (Stripe, PayPal, Google Analytics, etc.) that are easy to set up. Checkfront support is always very responsive and helpful.

Checkfront is designed to work across many types of booking environments including hotels, hourly tours, daily tours, weekly tours, etc. Because these types of businesses have different needs, Checkfront balances those but, in my experience, isn't perfect for any one type of business. As a tour operator, sometimes we have needed to come up with workarounds to meet our specific needs or live with certain shortcomings. Checkfront support is always helpful, but if there is a feature that you need, the best you can do is submit a "feature request" and hope that enough other people request the same feature for development.

Anne G.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Easy-to-use booking software made in Canada

Bewertet am 18.8.2018

The software is easy to use for clients and staff alike. As a result, we spend less time answering emails and the phone as people book themselves in. I also love that the company is based in Canada, and that the team is very responsive and the software is constantly developed. There is an affordable option if you just wanted to get started with booking software that does not break the bank.

A few very specific things would be great to straighten out. For example, we offer 2 different overnight tours - the 2-day Seal Cove Adventure and the 3-day Cape Chignecto Adventure. We cannot run those tours parallel or overlapping - it is either one or the other -, so we set the availability to 0 by hand in the inventory the other tour every time an overnight tour gets booked. This way, however, we also have to block out the day before to ensure no overlapping tour gets booked even though in reality the date is available as the last day of a potential trip that starts earlier. It's not a huge impact, but we might loose a few bookings to this.

Also, we cannot accept single bookings for tours where nobody else is booked on yet as we require a minimum of 2 guests for any tour to run. We have set the booking form (at least for the overnight tours) so that the field 'Adults' is automatically filled with the number 2. We do, however, accept single bookings if other people are booked on already, and we also would accept a pair of Adult/Child as a minimum. I wonder whether there is a way to streamline this.

Pietra K.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Complicated systems for Dummies :)

Bewertet am 31.7.2016

I own and operate Stellar Micro Creations, in Rome, Italy. I have absolutely no experience with systems and programming. The check front booking system was incredibly over my head because it was very complicated but in the end it is good that it was so complicated because now I know that it can accommodate every complicated need of booking for my products.. I learn more and more options as I go along. The thing that has made this all possible for me to do is the fantastic support team at Checkfront. Once I got into the groove of communicating with Checkfront I have made hastened the development of my learning curve and am WAY more relaxed and not worried because I know that there is a support team that can help me. Anyway, I have so much more to say. There is also support in the Blogs. I had changed my approach to how I would start my business by reading one of the blog posts about referral business instead of using the costly Adwords which were not really working with my small companies start up budget. I consider the support team and the system as a partner of my business.

I like that this software can accommodate any complicated idea that I want to achieve when it comes to booking my tours.. and also I have just discovered the power of the Partners accounts. It has broadened my idea of how I can sell and increased my success potential. I do not have a lot of experience in this field but the featured of check front has given me a platform of growing my business and gives me a vision of what I can accomplish..

I haven't really discovered anything so far that I like least because I am in such a learning curve.. I am in the mode of discovering all the new things that I can do so far.. I might have a comment on this in a year or so. Oh yes!! It would be fantastically helpful if Checkfront would send a notification to my cell phone from the app or something that I have got a booking.. I have to log into check front all the time to see if I have a booking..

Jeremy F.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best small-medium hotel booking system I've come across...

Bewertet am 23.12.2019

Bookings for different room types, transport and activities is made easy through using Checkfront. I dont have to worry about double bookings and I know exactly who's coming in and out of my resort, even when I'm not there. My staff find it easy to use and we are able to amend things quickly and easily. For the customer it's also very clear to book what they are looking for.

Ease of navigation and clear information layout especially on a laptop.

Sometimes find a few features a little tricky to get my head around on my own but that doesnt matter because the customer support is amazing and they always find a solution.

Little Hotelier

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Checkfront

Communication with Checkfront was faster and more clear so I tried it first. Was so satisfied I didnt have to shop around.

Antwort von Checkfront Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hey Jeremy, thanks for your positive feedback! Happy to hear that you're enjoying using all the many features we provide and that Checkfront has made bookings easy for you. We're always happy to assist should you need anything :)

Chris R.

Checkfront = Next Level

Bewertet am 20.8.2018

Checkfront affords is the ability to automate so much of the reservation process that not only do we have extremely organized and fluid interaction with customer’s reservations but we can streamline so many other elements of our system such as housekeeping as well.

Multiple configurations allow us to customize our back and front facing reservation database even though we are not a traditional hotel. Support is usually very detailed and forward thinking. If what we want can’t be accomplished, we always get good insight on workarounds and temporary solutions, that sometimes work better than what we had planned. CF constantly works to improve itself. We get monthly updates that bring new funtctions and extension platforms into the mix. It’s about 75% of the way to eliminating the rest of our internal support platforms - loyalty rewards, staff scheduling, & customizable customer profiles are the remaining topics we’d like to see incorporated into CF.

We hold little hope that our feature requests will ever be developed. Configuration on the backend comes with a significant learning curve. One can get lost in the labyrinth of configuration options. I understand it’s necessary for all the functionality on the front end but if hotels are configuring this themselves, the labyrinth could be a little less complicated (topics re: parameters, & alias are very confusing).

Craig H.
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

My Experience with Checkfront

Bewertet am 24.12.2019

I operate a charter yacht in the USVI. Checkfront is my booking calendar if record. I use it to manage availability, and as a direct booking channel.

I've stayed with Checkfront for the past two years because it meets most all my needs at a reasonable price point.

The addition of tipping functionality is important to me. It will likely drive my purchasing decision in the future, as I shift towards a daysailing business from a term charter operation.

The software meets most of my expectations. I especially appreciate the flexibility I have when setting up inventory items.

Perhaps more important is the quality of support you provide. Each time that I have had a need to reach out, my inquiry was handled by a knowledgeable and concerned person, who rapidly resolved my challenge and typically taught me something along the way. Thank you.

My biggest issue with the service is that my clients don't have the option to tip while they are checking out. As a service provider, tipping is critical, especially for the crew. If the client was presented with the option to add a tip, I know that my income would increase significantly, perhaps 10%+

Antwort von Checkfront Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Craig, thanks so much for this detailed review. It's been an absolute pleasure working with you, and we're so glad we've been able to provide the flexibility and support you need!

Based on the update we've received from our support team, we're glad to let you know that you're already on the official feature request list for the 'tipping feature'. In the interim, we do have a work around for it and should you be interested in knowing more and setting it up, our support team would be more than happy to walk you through it.

Once again, thanks for your feedback. We value your business with us :)

Carrie D.

Perfect for our Family Business

Bewertet am 17.8.2018

Really, us integrating Checkfront into our website and online booking was a game-changer for our family business. It has literally saved me so much time and sanity on making/changing/cancelling customer reservations, as well as monthly reports for my own records (and comparing year over year data), as well as for Hotel Tax, and easy viewing for scheduling our employees and cleaning. A true game-changer for taking our business to the next level.

Seamless integration with our website. Easy to streamline with our credit card processor. Powerful Reports at our fingertips. Customer Service if there is an occasional snafu. Helpful community and tutorial videos when setting up new accounts, items, events, etc.

This was tough, but of course there is a bit of a learning curve when you are first setting up all the parameters that are right for you business. Plenty of customer service and a large community support to post your questions, or search for an answer because someone has already crossed that bridge successfully. Also loved that once I set up my "Item Event" (think: 3 day minimum stay for Labor Day) then I can easily use a copy button to make each subsequent year's Item Event. So I do not have to recreate the wheel.

Helpful for Small Businesses

Bewertet am 13.2.2019

Overall we are very satisfied with Checkfront. Any time we have had to contact support for a problem, they respond quickly and provide satisfactory solutions.

Basically Checkfront is fairly easy to use. As a tour operator, there is a lot of flexibility given to obtain the information we need from our passengers. We feel it is easy to maintain and fits our needs. For our guests using the software, we have never received any negative comments and feel it is user friendly. We like that we were able to link our liability waivers for the guests to complete ahead of time which saves a lot of time and paper. Another timesaver is the way the bookings are linked directly to our Quickbooks account. Overall, we are very satisfied with everything that Checkfront does for us.

Reporting seems to have a fair amount of issues. We have contacted support about this and they are aware of the problem but just haven't figured out a solution yet. This is very time consuming to manually calculate monthly and yearly sales totals which are definitely incorrect in the Checkfront system.

• Branche: Computer-Software
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A powerful tool to manage your guest house bookings

Bewertet am 16.2.2019

Despite some small shortcomings I am quite happy with Checkfront product and support service.

Very well thought out and feature rich to accommodate the quirks of your business with good booking calendar and discount options. The support is also great and response times are less than a day. We been using Checkfront for 7 years now and have no plans to move away despite some small shortcomings. Highly recommended.

The ability to make integrations to other services like accounting systems are limited. With the rise of functional programming like AWS lambda, I think its trivial to add some capability to integrate to other systems using similar event triggered functions or webhooks. Checkfront does have something like this but its quite limited.
There is no support for multi item discounts as yet so customers are unable to get a discount if they book multiple inventory items. This is a key feature that I hope they will have in future.
The ability to style the embeddable iframe booking page is also a bit limited and I can't get it to match my website style.