LiquidPlanner

4,3 (667)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
Dynamische Projektmanagement-Software für moderne Unternehmen.

Sortieren nach

Jose
Jose
  • Branche: Chemikalien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great project management tool, flexible and efficient to organize your workflow.

Bewertet am 22.5.2023

We utilize Liquidplanner to oversee different extend demands over the company, this device permits us to remain in touch with the venture ask, track which bunches are searching for work, and give reports. I'm binding together detailing and streamlining errand administration for a number of ventures and endeavors, Liquidplanner moreover makes a difference us superior oversee and apportion company assets. LiquidPlanner gives everybody in our office a centralized store to see what employments are within the line, what's coming up and what everybody is working on, it's important especially when somebody is out of town or debilitated and somebody else has to get things done. one or two assignments.

LiquidPlanner client interface permits for a awesome bargain of customization, making it simple to collaborate with various inner groups and share data between divisions, we will track different ventures with LiquidPlanner insights. Ready to see the asked ventures, relegate them to the proper individual and meet the due date to guarantee all errands are done, I adore that LiquidPlanner is so adaptable in its applications, we will share records, communicate with clients and keep track of employments open and closed.

I wish the involvement for clients (entry visitors, in specialized phrasing) would be more in tune with that of directors so that we seem more effortlessly taught clients in route, and so they have more adaptability in route. Not continuously client inviting and can be troublesome for amateur clients to handle the strategy, there's no settled list alternative on the input frame, fair a dropdown. A few highlights proposed by clients and on back gatherings never show up on the item guide or take a long time to execute.

Ben
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Loaded with features and very intuitive

Bewertet am 12.12.2019

We are able to track all pieces of a project and report on status very easily.

We are able to track all pieces of a project and report on status very easily.

Very feature rich, accessibility via web and mobile and analytics reporting are some of the big pros.

It is a bit pricy compared to some of the other options, but the value is there if you are using it regularly.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Zoho CRM und Wrike

Gründe für den Wechsel zu LiquidPlanner

Great customer support and constantly adding new features to make the software more flexible and easy to use.
Eric
  • Branche: Fundraising
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good communication but enough features to be awkward

Bewertet am 6.12.2019

Like many project management software solutions, LiquidPlanner wants to be everything to everybody. That's great in the robust features it offers but than can come with a learning curve.
What is nice about the software is that it allows us to maintain project information and progression even when the project is delayed--perhaps by several months--which is frequent for us. The ability to consolidate progress reports, working files and samples in one place allows us to pick up easily where we left off.

It allows for multi-platform communication between teams that are separated by distance and also time. Since project statuses are sent to email, I can respond through my email back to the software to offer updates and answers when I am away from my desk.
The drag and drop capability of including word, spreadsheeet and pdf files allows for information to be posted to the project entry allowing us to maintain project oversight at all times.

It can be complicated to new users. The interface isn't immediately clear for helping a new user understand what the product can offer. While I can respond to a email sent to me from the software, I cannot email the project directly for status updates.

Steven
Steven
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I am a fan, though our use is just scratching the surface

Bewertet am 12.10.2018

Because of the lack of integrations, I have been looking for something to replace Liquid Planner with, and after seeing them, I could not stand to stop using Liquid Planner. I think that alone speaks volumes.

I think you would be foolish to not look at their product. And there you have it.

As a web development agency, I can tell you the one feature that has prevented me from using another product, that is their task estimating feature. Why nobody else does this is beyond me (full disclosure: a lot of things are beyond me) :)

When setting up a task you can actually estimate the time it will take the same way real people estimate tasks, with a time range. Who in the world ever hits their single estimate time targets all the time? NOBODY. With Liquid Planner you enter a range, 3 - 6 hours, 1-2 hours, etc. THAT IS A LIFESAVER FOR US.

Another concept of theirs called "packages" is also brilliant. There you can take tasks and bundle them up into "folders" that make sense to you, so you can look at your projects

The thing that I dislike the most is there are not many integrations with third party time keepers for tasks and billing programs. Harvest would be an example, as would many others. They have their own time tracker, but to use it you ahve to have the app open. Lose internet, forget about it. Working in a car or on the train without internet? Forget about it.

Also, their mobile app is not really of much value.

Tichaona Redemptor
Tichaona Redemptor
  • Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

LIquidplanner task manager of online cooperations

Bewertet am 22.2.2024

Very educational in every way i did not think possible

Very educational in every way i did not think possible

liked that LiquidPlanner was a cloud-based project management solution that adapted to change and uncertainty. It offered advanced features such as dynamic scheduling, resource management, real-time data, business process automation, and calendar management.

There is not much that I dislike about LiquidPlanner, but if I had to choose something, I would say that it can be a bit complex and overwhelming at first. Some users might find it hard to learn how to use all the features and functionalities of the software, especially if they are new to project management.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Nifty und TeamGantt

Zuvor genutzte Software

Nifty und TeamGantt
Firoz
Firoz
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Streamline your Project management processes with Liquid planner in a easy way

Bewertet am 20.1.2023

This unique project management tool can adapt to the dynamic organizational environment, making it a great asset for business success. We've been using it for a few months now and it has helped us plan, predict, and perform with confidence. It's made our lives so much easier.

It's a powerful tool that can help me manage my projects more efficiently. However, I have to admit that it can be quite complex to use, especially for those who are new to project management tools. But once you get the hang of it, you'll find that it's worth the effort!

Deborah
Deborah
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Liquid Planner - A good scheduling tool

Bewertet am 8.7.2021

Once I got the hang of LP, it was easy to use and keep track of my time.

Once I got the hang of LP, it was easy to use and keep track of my time.

The tool is fairly easy to use with a lot of possibilities. It may have a lot more than we actually need, however, but I can see those that need a complete solution using this powerful tool.

Because this tool has a lot of features, I tend to use it as more of a timecard tool. Know what your needs are.

Jenny
Jenny
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Comprehensive project management tool for collaborative teams

Bewertet am 26.12.2018

Liquid Planner provides a broad overview of all your projects and great visibility over employees' work loads. There is definitely a learning curve and adoption takes some time.

From gantt charts to time estimates, this tool was a lifesaver when we found ourselves falling short on task tracking and project tracking. management.

Estimating tasks with ranges (like 3-6 hours) instead of a single number makes a huge difference and the plethora of organization features make complex projects less tedious to look at.

Tracking employee capacity, schedules, and their deliverables has been particularly helpful, especially when you have multiple projects going on at the same time.

There is a glaring lack of third-party integrations and the interface can be overwhelming if you're used to simpler tools. Would also be nice to link to specific tasks.

Overall, this is a more technical PM software that basic users who just need a limited view of projects will find reasons not to use it.

Cees
Cees
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Overall: A pretty good experience.

Bewertet am 19.11.2018

Just the planning and overview for everybody.

Just the planning and overview for everybody.

Well designed, good overview, and nice to have different ways of showing the tasks and progress .

Some overviews have grown beyond usefulness. Like the task overview, which contains 7 subsections (People, Planning, Checklist, Comments, Notes, Documents, Links) . On a standard screen you always have to scroll way down to see it all, so I usually miss any comments or items on the checklist.

ELDHOSE
ELDHOSE
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

One of the best toold for managing your projects online

Bewertet am 13.12.2018

All our clients are happy and we could deliver the best to them with the help of LiquidPlanner

LiquidPlanner is a great tool to manage the projects irrespective of its size. We use it to manage our small to large projects. The main advantage is that the time tracker is available on it which helps the project leads to calculate and assign resources accordingly. LiquidPlanner also helps us to update the status to our clients regularly.

If there could be an option to send automated status mails to the client about the things/tasks done then it will be super on LiquidPlanner.

Riel

The best project management tool for teams

Bewertet am 12.3.2010

Through thoughtful design, LiquidPlanner has made a project management application that is a perfect fit for dynamic and collaborative teams. It could replace your current project, task, time management tools and company blog by integrating them all in a natural way.

Liquid Planner has a transparent way of making you be mindful of exactly how the team is using its precious time. Our company president pleaded with me to get it set up so that he could use it as a tool to help the partners understand the team's capacity. He wanted a convincing way to show why more projects could not be taken on without an increase in staff. Liquid Planner allowed me to do this within a day.

I feel like the Liquid Planner designers traveled into my mind to design the perfect project/task/time manager.

Having used many project management tools over many years, it's hard to not fall in love with LiquidPlanner. It feels like I've traveled to bizarro world where everything goes right.

I can now put together comprehensive projects faster than I can plan them in my mind. I've never had this experience (including with Excel). Simply put, I don't feel the interface slowing me down. It feels like all "busy work" has been removed.

I never thought I'd have a real-time schedule because of the requirements to maintain it, but LiquidPlanner delivers on this promise. Thank you. I'm embarrassed to say that "what if" scenarios are so easy and fast to do, I've developed stronger intuitive scheduling techniques without understanding exactly why they work. Am I now smarter or dumber?

If you are not the type to love the clock-in/out button on each task, you might be the type to get hooked on adding a few notes when you complete each task because your notes are shared in the team's "blog."

Introducing a new company-wide system is always hard, but you you can use Liquid Planner to replace your project management tools, time-tracking tools and company blog so that should help reduce the total number of systems.

Currently companies that need a fully-featured document library should stick with what they have. There is an API and the company has been aggressively releasing new features so maybe someday.

If you haven't experienced a lot of project management tools, you may not be as passionate about it as I am. Part of it's appeal is that it does what any other project management tool integrated with a company portal can do, but it does it fast and easy enough that it's actually worth using.

• Branche: Medizinische Geräte
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Hard to get over the preconceived notions, but worth it

Bewertet am 12.4.2019

I am very much a fan of this software. I think the limitations for how it can help is more around people understanding what it does differently than Project or similar tools than with the tool itself. One of my most recent experiences tells the story well. When we were discussing the pros and cons an individual with a lot of influence was complaining that dates in the tool move if someone is sick and not getting to their tasks. I had a hard time understanding a perspective that a plan with a date should be static regardless of what people do. This tool is about understanding your progress based on what people do, not a static planning tool that people never look at or influence by there actions and therefore allows us to pretend that finish dates don't change regardless of peoples actions or issues that can arise.

My overall opinion is the tool is limited more by peoples perspective than anything else and if you want better tracking, predictability, and ability to influence results you need to invest 30% of your time on the tool and 70% of your time getting people to wrap their heads around what this is doing and not what it might replace.

It helps to organize the tasks and get people the right information to work on.
It helps to prioritize what needs to happen and forecast how long it takes.
It does a great job of managing hand offs within a team.
It provides more tools than a typical user will ever need. The deeper you go the more value you can get.

It can be difficult to get people to understand that this is not typical planning software.
A more robust tutorial and a better description of what this tool is would help get teams to start faster.

• Branche: Computer-Software

Manager's view

Bewertet am 17.8.2018

It's a great improvement over our prior way of working, but after a few years we still haven't perfected our system to get exactly what we needed. Ideally, the only manual steps would be timely tracking of work on tasks and revised estimates, but to get our needs met we've needed more manual work.

Prior to Liquid Planner, all of our client projects were in individual Microsoft Project files - which isn't ideal when you have shared resources. Now that we've used LP for a few years, we have much better visibility to work coming down the pike as well as potential conflicts/overbookings. However, the tool is only as good as the team's willingness to use it in a timely and accurate manner.

The nature of our business and projects is much more complicated than what is featured in the sales process. Clients have a role in the process, and delays on their part push out all our deliverables. This is hard to capture/manage in LP without additional manual updates by the project manager. Also, we've had to devise a bit of a workaround workflow to allow us to properly prioritize individual tasks across multiple projects - again, requires some manual management/movement of tasks. When any of the manual work falls by the wayside, the quality of the projections in LP is diminished greatly.

Kerry
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great but room to improve

Bewertet am 6.12.2019

Liquid Planner has helped us be more organized and has helped us manage several projects at once. Being able to see expected project completion dates and expected hours to complete is helpful.

Overall I am very pleased with Liquid Planner but wish it was better in the areas I mentioned.

I like sevaral things about Liquid Planner. Here are just a few.

I like the project management in general. I like the range of hours for tasks. This helps improve overall project scheduling.

I like being able to add custom fields to tasks and projects.

I like the ability to do ASAP Tasks.

While great, Liquid Planner is not perfect.

I wish the reports and analytics worked a bit more intuitively. There are several things that I have tried to do that I have not been able to figure out. Some I have been able to resolve with customer support. Others I found were things that are not possible.

Although Liquid Planner is set up great for tracking time for projects it doesn't work well for projects that are firm fixed priced. Most of the projects we work on here are firm fixed priced. I am aware of the baseline feature, but frankly it just isn't very good, nor are the graphs for tracking to plan.

There are a few other things that I'm not remembering at the moment.

Ben
  • Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Expensive, complex, and extremely powerful.

Bewertet am 31.3.2018

LiquidPlanner is quite customizable with different ways to view tasks and many different screens to visualize things in alternative contexts. For a project manager on the business side, it allows for very powerful organization of multiple projects and teams, and many possibilities for scheduling and prioritizing tasks. It allows for flexible time tracking using range estimates and a simple time entry view.

It's easy to lose track of how many hours were actually approved for a task if you want to take advantage of the ability to re-estimate things on the fly. It can be slow to load and cumbersome to use. It can be difficult to find things in the overly complex Projects view. Search filters get reset every time you click a task link from someone else that doesn't match your existing filters. It's not always intuitive how to find things using the available search options (for example, unless you put the project name in every task title, searching for the project name doesn't do much good). Time entry takes a lot of clicks with recent updates if you need to add notes to each item. The API is complex to use (though powerful).

Jackson
Jackson

The Perfect Project Management Tool

Bewertet am 14.2.2019

LiquidPlanner (or LP) is our time tracking and project management solution that allows us to plan and forecast, as well as look back at tracked data to become better. Overall, we are not looking to change any time soon as this tool is so embedded in the way we run our business.

This software helps our agency thrive and manage a lot of work with ease. We have out entire in house team as well as select contractors set up in this tool for our time tracking and project management of tasks and projects. It offers tons of flexibility and allows us to follow a hybrid waterfall/agile approach to managing work. Schedules are easy to create and export on the fly, reassigning team members and forecasting are easy, etc. It's also very easy to prioritize project work and escalate accordingly and look out and plan months in advance.

Might be a little outdated feeling in that there isn't a Trello-style board to drag and drop projects/tasks/people, though there is a similar functionality still built in to the tool. It's also not really designed to allow external project teams (your clients) into the system, but there are workarounds.

George
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

LiquidPlanner - built for people who are not PMs

Bewertet am 26.10.2019

We needed an application to organize projects for our IT team. This was the easiest to use and implement. Pricing was also reasonable at the time.

We were able to set up Liquidplanner (LP) within a few hours. We fine tuned it in the weeks/months to come. But it worked for our team. We were able to easily enter our projects and tasks. Other PM sofware require multiple fields to be entered before your data can be tracked. I as the manager can then track the amount of hours, work pending for the various projects. I can show upper managment nice reports of the work we accomplished and work pending. If I ran into an issue with LP, I call support and they were able to quickly help me. The training videos also helped.

There really no much I can complain of. When we transitioned to another PM software, we called LP and they help me dump all of our data. That was very nice of them. The new PM software we transitioned to was not so nice. It was hard to use, just seemed like trying to put a square peg in a round while. To update a task you have to go through 5 screens and udpate 10 fields. I wished we stayed with LP.

• Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

A versatile tool, adaptable to any project or process type.

Bewertet am 14.8.2018

Overall my experience has been good, but frustrating. It took a lot of effort and time to build out the templates I needed, and getting the team to adapt it has been a roller coaster. There are a lot of functionalities I haven't gotten to explore yet, because most of my time has been spent on maintenance of projects. That is just for my situation though, and I don't have a ton of extra time to devote to expanding my usage of reports and dashboards. I would really like to set up dashboards, I just haven't had time.

I like that it allows me to make templates for projects, it really makes it a lot easier to start a project off.
I also love that I can make custom fields, it really helps me to capture all of the important data for our type of process.
Plus, everybody can choose which fields they see on their project dashboard, it helps to make sure each person only sees what is important to them and nothing superfluous.

I really wish there was the capability to collaborate on documents - that really would make this the perfect tool. I have asked multiple times about that, but I don't think it is in the plan to add anytime soon. You can add a link to a cloud based shared file, but nothing on internal servers. Just adds an additional step to complete work.

Powerful project management tool

Bewertet am 15.7.2022

LiquidPlanner is a powerful online tool for managing activities, workloads, and plans. This can automatically and dynamically schedule work for your entire team even when circumstances change.

Setting up projects and learning to use them requires a lot of time.
There is no interactive Gantt chart and no attachments other than images or milestones.

Kathy
  • Branche: Pharmazeutika
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

More visibility into shared resources

Bewertet am 8.3.2017

We use LP to manage multiple concurrent client projects. With several project managers sharing resources, it is vital to have visibility into resource availability and potential schedule conflicts. Because of the extremely long duration of our projects (with heavy work in the beginning, then intermittently for months to years afterwards), it took us some time to develop a workflow that would allow for prioritization of individual tasks rather than projects as a whole. But we've come a long way from using stand alone MS project files! Time tracking directly on the task has also been very beneficial for more accurate tracking and billing of work.

Flexibility, ability to manage multiple concurrent projects

Our need for prioritization by task (rather than project) can make it challenging to get tentative timelines in front of a client that are still reasonably accurate. Would love to see a 'timekeeper only' user license option, would like to be able to track time against checklist item

Jesse

Heavy on features

Bewertet am 3.5.2019

LP sits at the center of our workflow, for better or for worse. On the whole it's a very helpful and robust work planning solution. It's actively updated and they listen to their customers.

- Manage nearly every aspect of work planning
- Decent interface
- Tons of options to visualize data
- Frequent updates
- Great support

If you want to plan your work, LiquidPlanner can accommodate almost any workflow

Because it has so many options, it can be overwhelming. The best thing you can do for yourself when using this software is to determine what works for you early on. There are many different ways to implement different workflows in LP so take the time to define yours.
There are some UI quirks that are really difficult to get around. The "my work" tab should be much more customizable in my opinion. The UI itself takes some getting used to as well.

Sofia
  • Branche: Eventservice

Liquid Planner Review

Bewertet am 9.12.2019

I have a hard time inputting my time to accurately track my time, but I feel like it does a great job to assign tasks and make sure they get completed.

Ease of timetracking, closing out tasks, assigning tasks. I haven't created an entire folder yet, but making tasks within the folder is easy.

Time Sheet page, sometimes doesn't bring things to the next page without pinning it. Or if you're tracking time for previous weeks you have to go searching for a task.

Betsy

Very Helpful Product

Bewertet am 18.10.2022

LiquidPlanner has been very helpful for me to understand everything that my team is working on, help me prioritize their work so it is clear, and also understand when projects will be completed.

I like 2 things most about this software: 1. The top-down scheduling engine2. The ability to use a "package" to pull tasks from different projects and prioritize them amongst themselves for any given week. This helps our resources who work on multiple small projects understand the priority of the tasks against everything they are working on.

Understanding what pushes a resource load color coding to red. Sometimes it's obvious why a resource is overloaded. Other times, not so much.

Bob

From An Interesting Idea To An Essential Tool

Bewertet am 10.2.2016

I am the principal of a medium sized engineering design consultancy, working mostly in the construction and design worlds. We work on some very challenging and innovative projects, where team work and complexity are everyday issues. We had struggled for many years trying to manage our design work with spreadsheets, project management software, time sheets, etc and so on. We always started off with a great plan, but then found it impossible to keep that plan up to date as projects progressed, and then ended up making do.

When we found Liquid Planner we were intrigued by the on-line accessibility and by it allowing multiple simultaneous users; everything could be centralised off site, and could be accessed out of hours from anywhere. We took the plunge in January 2014 and switched everyone over to Liquid Planner overnight. We developed a simple easy to use system for organising all of our projects in one single space, and it worked straightaway. We developed packages for each person, what we call Now Boxes, in which they shuffle their own priorities whenever they want. We incorporate dependencies to tasks, and so warnings pop up when staff move things that adversely affect task sequences. Time sheets are entered accurately in real time, and everything worked well from the off.

We then moved on to another level and, with some simple customising of the fields relating to tasks, we used Liquid Planner to re-invent our quality assurance system. As structural engineers checking and quality is an essential part of our work, and with some simple tweaks Liquid Planner become our quality assurance system, and has been approved as such by our British Standard Institution ISO 9001 inspectors. In fact they were amazed at how easy and immediate our system was.

Clicking and dragging on the gant chart would be nice. Also the space devoted to obscure things like date shift windows would be better spent on making diary views more accessible.

We love it and are always singing its praises; it is like a member of our team.

• Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Effective Project Management Solution that can Adapt to Your Needs

Bewertet am 20.8.2019

The product and support are great. If you put the time and effort into learning the tool and you have complete buy-in from your team, you'll be successful with it.

The solution is very flexible and, with internal discussion and buy-in, can effectively meet the needs of most organizations.

The solution is built on the idea of priority-based work. Everything is essentially given a top-down rank of importance, with items either moving up or down the stack as needed. The system then adds resource capacity to predict when items will reach completion. We have enough projects, work efforts, tickets, etc. in motion concurrently that managing priority this way is more laborious than I'd like.