FreeAgent Erfahrungen

Sortieren nach

Anne
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Makes bookkeeping easy for a novice, and still keeps an accountant happy

Bewertet am 2.1.2018

Saves me a whole lot of time, and helps me keep clear records for my accountant.

At the moment it's free through my business banking account - I tried it because of this but it would definitely be worth paying for. I am relatively new to running a business and the software is very intuitive for a novice. My accountant is pretty happy with it too, so that's a big thumbs up!

It makes invoicing and payment of exenses very easy, and is great for keeping track of money coming in/out and keeping an eye on invoices due for payment.

Payroll is incorporated (you can file it with HMRC through FreeAgent or let your accountant do it separately).

I also like the fact that it reminds me when my corporation tax and annual accounts are due.

In a few clicks I can see my profit & loss account and my trial balance as well as spend in the different (customisable) categories. Really helps me keep on top of everything.

The Android app is also great for reconciling payments and recording expenses on the move.

The help files are fantastic, and the clear accounting descriptions and explanations make them a great resource for a small business even if you don't use the software.

Exporting information is a bit tricky in some areas - you can get a pdf out quite easily but an xls or csv would be more useful (you can export the entire company dataset as a csv, but not filtered individual elements such as unpaid expenses or balances within individual accounts). In some cases you can get round this by cutting and pasting, but it's a bit fiddly.

Exporting all company data does not export attachments - so you need to keep a separate copy of scanned receipts etc outside FreeAgent.

It is one of the more expensive cloud accounting software packages out there, but I have looked at a whole range and you can't beat the functionality, so that's what you are paying for I guess!

Hi Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to hear about the features you like using and we really appreciate your positive feedback.

I'm also pleased to say that we are currently working on improving our exporting data feature, which will be released very soon.

Thanks again for using FreeAgent, we really appreciate it!

Ben
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Affordable accounting software; good but needs a few tweaks to be great

Bewertet am 11.12.2020

Clients who have made the transition can be viewed on one dashboard, and makes managing client records much easier.

Very easy to onboard clients; Linking bank accounts through open banking is straightforward and facility works well; Simple user interface makes it easy for novices to use; Very good customer support; Can be had for free of you use and RBS group bank account including Mettle; On the go invoicing is nice for some business as well as the expense logger

Not as flexible as some accounting packages; a few of the facilities are still a work in progress and you need to do a workaround

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise und Xero

Zuvor genutzte Software

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise und Xero

Gründe für den Wechsel zu FreeAgent

The cost-free option makes it an easy sell to help clients transition to the cloud accounting world. I still use Xero and others to give clients a choice

Not the best software I've ever used.

Bewertet am 4.4.2018

I don't see any now.

I don't see any now.

It looks like it has a lot of features but it doesn't work in a logical way.
The tech support used to be available almost 24/7 but the quality and availability have shrunk down significantly.

This is the most frustrating of all of the accounting software that we reviewed. Everything (even mistakes) gets locked in and can't be edited or amended. There are so many basic functions that just don't work and all customer services do is give you complicated workarounds, most of which don't actually achieve the required outcome. The bank feeds often don't work and you have to log in daily to manually update them. The price is way to high and not good value. The software is not easy to use and what used to be great customer service is now a waste of your time and call tariff. To add insult to injury, they have just been bought over by a bank that has a terrible reputation for so many reasons and will tarnish the reputation of FreeAgent. I'd steer well clear of this software.

FreeAgent - Free if you use some bank accounts

Bewertet am 5.1.2023

Great customer service on the queries I've raised.

Great customer service on the queries I've raised.

Free for users of certain banks and they get access to it all not just some features.

That the bank options when reconcilling aren't very flexible or obvious as to which category.

Xero

Gründe für den Wechsel zu FreeAgent

Used it as a sole trader for client then they continued to use it when they changed to a Ltd.
Gavin
  • Branche: Sport
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Using FreeAgent for club accounting

Bewertet am 19.2.2023

Learning the terminology that FreeAgent uses to a while, particularly as a Xero user in the workplace. For cost vs functionality it can’t be beaten

We receive free access to FreeAgent as part of our bank account package. It makes accounting for our club so much easier than the previous excel sheets

It’s not quite as good as Xero, but it’sa fraction of the price. For a non-profit it’s a winner

Xero

Gründe für den Wechsel zu FreeAgent

Ultimately cost, as a free to us package, it can’t be rivalled
Stephen
  • Branche: Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good product, good UI, good customer support, a bit pricey but worth it for my business.

Bewertet am 8.2.2018

FreeAgent is a fully-featured accounting and invoicing web app that comes with a great little mobile app too.

It has a really clear and easy-to-use interface, making it easy to navigate and produce invoices, check your accounts for selected periods, track your time, manage projects... the list goes on. But for all the functionality, it never feels cluttered.

I've experienced great support whenever I've asked for it and it hasn't ever produced any unexpected errors or bugs. It just works.

I wanted to recommend this product to my wife for her business but it's just a little bit too expensive for a startup small sole trader company like hers. A reduced cost account type for single users would be great.

Chris
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Will Look After You Through the Months

Bewertet am 12.1.2023

The software is easy to use, and once you understand it very powerful. It makes submitting your tax return very, very easy. I like how it can take you from being self-employed to being a LTD company. The way that it recognises some transactions and automatically categories them is great too.

There are two things I don't like about the software. There isn't an easy way to record simplified expenses. You have to add them manually, which isn't ideal for how it should work. The second is that if someone pays by card, it doesn't carry all the info from FreeAgent to Stripe. For example, email address so they get a card receipt instantly.

Mandie
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Perfect Companion for Accounting

Bewertet am 31.8.2015

I was introduced to Freeagent by my accountant, Balance Accountants. My business needs are met very easily with Freeagent, I have a small company which is Residential Care and Home Care business. The cloud base system allows my accountant to access my work and I'm able to have meetings with bank managers etc without having to lug lots of paperwork about, everything is at my fingertips. Also im based in the South and my business and accountant are in the North, so logistically it works very well for me. The system I have found very easy to use and if I have ever got stuck, my accountant can sign in and talk me through it. Once you get yourself set up and familiarised, you won't believe how much simpler accounting gets. I use for all bookkeeping and invoicing. I would use it for payroll but hey....my payroll lady would be out of a job! But I reckon she uses it as she's always smiling never stressed.

Live bank feeds, easy to use, perfect for invoicing, accounting for small businesses, keeping the accountant and bank manager happy with the efficiency! It does everything (for me and my business needs) apart from making me coffee :-) Always a pleasure using freeagent, it's really fun to use!

Ive been using it for nearly two years....
Can't fault it!

Not sure if I could add a further business to the platform, for example: using same login details but be able to switch between businesses?? That would be really good.

Flavio
  • Branche: Design
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great accounting software for freelancers and small teams

Bewertet am 25.9.2019

Having researched a number of different options while freelancing, FreeAgent was hands down the best one for a solo practitioner, with enough features to solve all my accounting needs.

Perfect for freelancers and small teams, FreeAgent includes all the aspects needed to control accounts, create / send invoices and keep an eye on projects. Highly recommended for any solo practitioners.

If you plan to grow and scale your team, it can be a bit limiting, however it is still a great tool for smaller teams and individuals.

Hi Flavio,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive review of FreeAgent, we really appreciate it!

Rick

Make book keeping hassle a thing of the past

Bewertet am 22.1.2018

Time saving, professional appearance to clients, cloud-based, quick and easy to learn

I hate taxes and book keeping work. Using just common sense, you can immediately do 90% of tasks within FreeAgent, quickly and easily. FreeAgent staff are on standby to help you with the other 10%. It's fantastic.

Some of the features are not intuitive, and take a bit of practice to get right. The one time I have had to use a work around is the system does not have a function allowing you to remove partner drawings directly from a foreign currency PayPal account. Hardly a deal-breaker.

Hi Rick,

Thank you for sharing your review and for the kind words, we really appreciate it. It was great to hear that FreeAgent meets your needs, and that the team have given their support when needed (we're very proud to have such an awesome support team!)

We also appreciate your feedback about some of the challenges you've experienced, I've passed them along to our product team.

Thanks again!

John
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

Great accounting software

Bewertet am 20.11.2018

Very clean app gives good insights from the overview page.

Very clean app gives good insights from the overview page.

It's just so easy to use. We run our plumbing business with this app and it integrates well with Commusoft our field service management software reducing time spent double entering information and doing tasks like invoicing. Now we invoice and complete the job in Commusoft and it pushes al the relevant information to Freeagent.

It only does CIS one way. As we have grown from a subcontractor into a contractor that now employs subcontractors we need a simple way to process CIS invoices from our SC's

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreeAgent, we really appreciate it. It was great to hear how you and your business use FreeAgent. Thanks for the feedback about CIS too, we've passed it along to our product team.

Stella
  • Branche: Personalwesen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

As an event planner, it makes me happy to use FreeAgent because of easy access.

Bewertet am 23.10.2017

Estimates and proposals
Invoice templates
Simple payroll and automatic back feeds
Tax timelines...

Estimates and proposals
Invoice templates
Simple payroll and automatic back feeds
Tax timelines (you'll never miss a deadline again!)
Self-assessment tax return filing
Unlimited users and transactions
Support accountants are available to answer any questions
First 30 days are free, I was excited about this and I was very happy about this.

Cheap depending on your business needs or the size of the business.
Famous for its incredible invoice templates
Shows your real-time profit position and it automatically updates your accounts.
Cloud-based, so there is no software to download or install
The interface is very friendly and lovely.

Online help, known as My Business Works Support has been known to be rather unhelpful and excessively rude
Tends to receive bugs or glitches that often take time to repair, if fixable at all
Even though this program offers Multiple Currency options, the proper support for this feature is seriously lacking
Not very quick with software updates (some have been waiting years for new and desired features)

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Might not be the best choice from my perspective

Bewertet am 20.3.2018

We use it where I work as a way to track work hours. Usage is pretty simple and the features are sufficient. If you need to track time precisely, there's a nice start/stop function, and if you don't, there are means to insert a whole week in a row. If you're a developer, you'll appreciate the APIs that allow building customized reports for accounting.

If you don't need precise time tracking, but need to split hours on different activities, data entering becomes pretty slow. You can generate monthly reports to check what to expect from the paycheck, but checking if you made mistakes in the data entry is as difficult as it is entering it.

Hi there,

Thank you for reviewing FreeAgent. We're glad to hear you found our time tracking features helpful. Regarding the aspects you found frustrating, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we've shared it with our product team.

Sarah

Love it

Bewertet am 8.2.2018

Exceptionally easy to use and easy to learn. I keep the tab open every day. It's easy to "undo" if you make a mistake in an invoice. There's basically nothing that can't be undone by reverting to draft. The recurring invoices tool is really helpful. I don't use the feature where it'll email invoices/reminders. I prefer to do that myself and it's really easy — nothing to really keep track of since I invoice all clients on the same day each month. They make it easy to label bank transactions so as long as I remember to do that once a month or so, all my accounting reports are always current. I don't have to spend too much time on accounting and I don't really have any complaints. The customer service is always fantastic.

I wish the time tracking feature were just a little slicker. I use Toggl for time tracking, and then I import hours for each client each month. Not a big deal, but one of those little things that would put it over the top.

Jago
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use bookkeeping and accounting software for the small clients

Bewertet am 24.10.2022

I love FreeAgent and how we are treated as an accountancy practice by their team. Any issues we aver have are answered and they're are always new features being added. Whenever I find that I can't do something in FreeAgent, I'm always shown a way around it and for that I give 5 stars.

It's very intuitive and has amazing support and training for us and our clients. We use this software for our smaller sole traders who find it really easy to use. We do most of the setup and they basically just invoice their clients using the mobile app :)

Integrations are pretty non existent for a lot of apps. For example merging eBay or most till sales with FreeAgent can be quite difficult however this is overcome by using Zapier

Takes the pain out of keeping accounts

Bewertet am 8.2.2018

Pros: ability to photograph receipts and store them within expenses
All the main categories of expenses are there
Links to your business bank account

Con: One major drawback is that you can't print out a consolidated tax return before or after filing. For sole traders a tax return is often the only way to prove income when applying for loans, etc, and HMRC doesn't offer this service either.

Owen
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Generally good but some areas that badly need an update

Bewertet am 1.1.2019

Generally a solid piece of software but lacks some feature sets common in alternatives such as Zoho

Super responsive customer support
Most day to day business transactions covered well
Generally clean design

The expense handling suite is quite poor (both mobile and web)
e.g. Does not have the following
- Sortable columns in the expense listing table (e.g. list by highest value descending, or name)
- Ability to filter by type or project
- Drag and drop receipts into web interface (you have to upload through file navigation)
- Quick take photo for expense button (mobile)
- Ability to email expense emails or pics of receipts to an inbox

Timesheet feature set also rather basic

Mike
  • Branche: Medienproduktion

Overall, I love FreeAgent

Bewertet am 8.2.2018

Integrates with my bank accounts and PayPal.
Does bookkeeping without me having to know how to do bookkeeping.
Great referral program!
Good support when I've needed it.

Reports and accounts set up is skewed to the UK market (my American CPA is used to seeing certain things set out differently).
Bank feeds can be slow to update.

Dimitrios
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Essential for sole trader's accounting

Bewertet am 8.2.2018

One of the things that scared me about going freelance, was the accounting and book-keeping part this entails. After researching similar web-based solutions, I decided upon subscribing to Freeagent. I wouldn't be able to run my business without it. Everything I need, from invoicing and clients database, to expense filing and completing my self-assessment is there, easy to use and access. When I needed some help or clarifications about something, the staff were prompt and eager to help me and made sure my issues were resolved in any case. Highly recommended software & service!

I find that the mobile app has limited functionality compared to the desktop site. I would like the same level of editability when it comes to the handling of bank transactions, as I have via my internet browser.

• Branche: Vorstandsbüro

Make life easier

Bewertet am 8.2.2018

It makes my life easier. I was spending at least half a day totting up time spent and billing clients but Freeagent does it all for me at the touch of a button. That has been the absolute stand out time saving feature for me. Plus it's not complicated, easy to use and displays everything clearly.

Every month I have to re-input the tasks for clients. I wish it would hold onto those so that I could re-use them for my ongoing clients.

David
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Simple, may to use and already used by out acceptant

Bewertet am 17.1.2018

Simple, lightweight and just does exactly what you require from a accounting tool. Interface is easy to navigate and there is a very low learning curve. I would recommend this tool to small businesses / freelancers.

Doesn't integrate with newer online style bank accounts for automated feeds at all. (e.g. transfer wise bank accounts) . Sometimes doesn't recognise recurring bank transactions meaning it takes longer to explain

• Branche: Automotive
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Took the worst part of owning a business and made it almost fun

Bewertet am 4.4.2018

The end to end connectivity. Booking time spent with a client turns into an invoice turns into a payment at the bank - and all this is tracked. What used to take hours in excel is all at a glance in FreeAgent.

I wish that there was a way to use their time tracking module as a separate product. I no longer run a business but would love to use their time tracker with my team at the larger org I now work for.

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your review, we really appreciate it. It was great to hear which FreeAgent features you found most helpful. I've also passed along your time tracking module feedback to our product team.

Thanks again!

Brilliant

Bewertet am 8.2.2018

I love free agent. It makes invoicing, book keeping and automating reminders very easy. It's also very easy to modify your invoice designs. Customer support has always been good on the few occasions I've needed them.

I'd like to be able to do reports on a monthly basis rather than the preset options. Little bit more expensive than it's rivals.

Jonathan

Brilliant tool that I rely on daily

Bewertet am 16.2.2018

It just works. The software looks good on desktop and connects to the mobile app well. From invoicing, to time tracking, to payroll, tax returns ... so much functionality and pretty much error free. Unlike other financial software, you don't need to pay more for features like payroll and multi-currency. Win.

It would be useful to have a few more multi-currency features (e.g. multi-currency bills and expenses).

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Fantastically simple accounting software for small businesses

Bewertet am 22.6.2018

Incredibly easy to learn how to use even if you've never managed a business before. Perfect for freelancers as well as small-businesses. Nice design both for the website as well as the PDFs created.

Large businesses and more experienced accountants are likely to find the functionality a bit limiting.

Hi there,

We just wanted to say thank you for the kind words about FreeAgent, we really appreciate it!