Lucidchart Bewertungen

Lucidchart

Diagrammerstellung richtig gemacht.

4.5/5 (644 Bewertungen)
Mit Google übersetzen

My Review after using Lucidchart.

Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 24.11.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I'm an Engineering Graduate Student. This is my Review after using Lucidchart for a Month. I'll be giving review about the product after use in a class project. Some problems are complex enough that you may not know how to ask the right question. That's where Web Apps come in. With a few clicks, these form based course assistants solve many types of problems which are commonly encountered in your classes, no questions asked. Create engaging lectures and materials by uploading your own real world data, or draw on thousands of data sets already available in Lucidchart. Tailor the look of your results with customiszble visualizations.
The color, style, and elements of generated charts and plots can be customized and downloaded. And export results in 60+ file types. You can download results in various formats like XLS, PDF etc. There's so much you can do. They are always adding more content and more features to help you create the best classroom experience possible. So, that's good that it gets regular updates.

HUNDREDS OF TEMPLATES & EXAMPLES:
- Org Charts
- Mind Maps
- BPMN

POWERFUL & EASY TO USE:
- Hundreds of shapes with easy drag and drop functionality
- Export to PDF, PNG, JPG and Microsoft Visio (.vdx)
- Integrations with Google Drive, Confluence, JIRA, and Jive at no additional cost
- Dedicated support team to address your questions

BUILT FOR COLLABORATION:
- Real time collaboration
- Unlimited number of simultaneous collaborators
- Powerful version control and revision history
- Group chat and comments
- Embed diagrams in blogs, wikis or websites

SECURE & RELIABLE:
- All data transferred using SSL with AES-256 bit encryption
- Hourly backups stored across multiple data centers
- 99.9% uptime SLA for enterprise customers
- Admin-specified password strength and reset frequency requirements

ROBUST FOR ADMINS:
- Upgrade other users to administrators to help manage users
- Set whether new users automatically join the team or require an invitation
- Control which domains your team can collaborate with outside your company.

I found customers (who already use LucidChart) sometimes shared their diagrams with just the employee needing it "right then". However if someone else needed to work on it they didn't have access, and usually didn't have the rights to be able to share it with other people in our company. I wish when customers shared it with someone in our team that it was automatically shared with everyone in the team. This was such a big issue for us we ended up canceling out company subscription and converting it to a single user subscription forcing everyone to log in using the same account. Issue resolved with customers sharing with us.

Teaching Computer Science With This Tool

Bewertet am 23.11.2016
Quelle der Bewertung

As a teacher, I've been using LucidChart for more than three years in my Advanced Placement (AP) computer science classes. Students really enjoy being able to document problem solving algorithms using the flow chart tools as well as mind mapping with concept diagrams. I have come to rely on UML class diagrams for my instructional units on object and class design; additionally, I use it for making graphic organizers, process diagrams, and general handouts. Ease of use, judicious mix of features, collaborative editing tools and publishing options put it right at the top of my list of preferred tools. I recommend it to colleagues all.the.time.

The available graphic elements for UML, mind mapping, flowchart, and general visual organization are simply perfect for an educational environment.

The process for browsing and managing uploaded user images seems a little off. For example, I frequently will use screen captures as graphical elements of a document. While LucidChart fully supports doing so, it might be helpful to have a more powerful interface when reviewing/browsing/selecting files that are serving duty as custom images.

Mit Google übersetzen

Best diagramming software in the market, competitors don't come close

Bewertet am 3.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Great experience so far, has become ingrained into our teams workflow and supports many of our products with strong documentation.

Lucidchart makes diagramming and planning a solution easy and clear. We recently have had to diagram and plan a very large project that requires a lot of coordination and Lucidchart made it very easy for us to scope out the problem and communicate our needs to our company at large.

The tools are succinct and easy to use. One of my favorite features is the find a feature tool. You type in the type of feature you are looking for and it pulls up a list of possible options. When you find what you want in the list and hover over it there is a mini tutorial that shows you exactly where that feature is at for the next time you would like to use it.

The pricing is flexible and can easily scale for an organization while still keeping your documents compartmentalized and shared only within the circles you want them shared with.

Their closest competitor is probably Microsoft Visio, but again they don't come close at all. I've used both and Visio was an extremely frustrating experience.

Sometimes when you are trying to manipulate your diagrams you can accidentally move lines that shouldn't be moved and have a hard time getting them back in place. Thankfully their is an instant undo for this.

Also grouping objects can get a little confusing on how you should be interacting with them afterward.

Easy and Beautiful Diagrams online

Bewertet am 10.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Lucidchart is our alternative go-to software coming from Visio (Microsoft) and Dia (open source). In the long run, we fell in love with the ease of use and quality of this online diagram platform, plus the collaboration feature. Teams can work together on the same diagram for faster work and easy checking. The Pro comes with a ton of professionally crafted shapes to make our diagrams stand out for presentations. It can also be saved into a Visio format for those who have remained using (an outdated version of) Visio in our office.

We have used Lucidchart not only for creating our HR/org charts but also for process improvement initiatives in the office. We used it to map our current processes, and then add the improvements. Sometimes business processes have to be made visual (e.g., via these diagrams) in order for one to grasp it better and to make improvements.

One more thing, Lucidchart also works in offline mode which is great especially for us who go out into the field/remote areas often. Also very helpful is the Android app for additional mobility via a smartphone.

My only problem with web apps is my connectivity (since my work requires me to move a lot to remote areas and places with no/limited connectivity). I would love to have a lucidchart that is installable locally into my laptop and to be able to use it fully without an internet connection.

Mit Google übersetzen

I refine my business thought with Lucidchart.

Bewertet am 2.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I am a lover of charts and flows ,as they assist me in better critiquing my business ideas and thought.I started out with using just a paper and a pencil and would end up littering my desk with ruffled paper after every diagramming session.
I later embraced alternate diagramming programs and the sole reason I migrated towards Lucidchart is its collaborative edge. Being that it is cloud based, I get to go into the world of flows and charts at anytime without any prerequisite requirement like having a particular device on hand. I get to also work on charts and flows collaboratively with my colleagues ,even if they aren't physically by my side. Lucidchart overall helps me refine my business thought process.

There is a need for more templates available to users on Lucidchart. I also tend to think Lucidchart comes with a bit of tough learning time for new users.

Cost effective visualizations.

Bewertet am 12.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

A cloud based alternative to Visio.

Web based so can be accessed anywhere without the need of a file repository. Allows you to download directly in pdf format. Easy admin console, and cheaper than almost all of the competitors in the same space.

Their sales team will email you and call you just about every month to get you to upgrade. As well, the way purchasing licenses works isn't seamless or industry standard. For example when we upgraded past 10 licenses the next option at the time was purchasing 20 seats. Which left 9 unused but paid for; on one of the afformentioned sales calls I brought this up and they lowered the seats to 15 (at the time the amt of users we had). Next time I needed to add a user it jumped back up. For a cloud based service they should be able to automatically scale licenses based on users and not a "range" of users leaving us paying for more than we need.

6.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

Lucidchart is such a joy to use; a breath of fresh air coming from other software

Bewertet am 31.1.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Has Everything: L:C has literally every type of chart, bubble, line, and template that I can think of. I've yet to run into a situation where LC did not have something that would work.

Sharing Capabilities: Like Google Drive, users of LC can collaborate on charts. I know that our engineering team uses this a lot, I have yet to find a need to collaborate on charts that I've created, but I love how easy it is should the need arise. It even integrates with Google Drive to boot!

Does One Thing: Sometimes this is a con; when a software is just a One-Trick Pony. I think that its a trap that a lot of software companies fall into, especially young ones. They try to do too much too quickly and come to market with incomplete, inconsistent, or generic products in saturated markets. LC does charts and chart sharing so well that it can afford to do nothing else and I appreciate them for that.

Direction: If you are a chart rookie or simply are not sure where to begin with chart creation, LC has templates that can help, but the user has to approach LC with the creative vision and direction in play already. There is no sandbox mode for this part of the chart-making process; I still use a legal pad to start with. LC's templates are neatly categorized based on business needs or otherwise, but they are still just templates. In some respects, this is not so much a con as it is a natural limitation on the creativity chart-makers must overcome in the first place

Mit Google übersetzen

Being Cloud based ,stands Lucidchart out.

Bewertet am 5.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Lucidchart is cloud based and unlike my previous diagramming tool (Edraw max) ,I am able to access my Lucidchart from anywhere and across all devices,including my smartphone. It integrates perfectly with my Google drive ,making it a breeze to backup my diagrams.
I am provided with a variety of templates to aid me in my diagrams ; be it process maps , mind maps ,org charts etc these templates have sometimes halved the time I spend working on diagrams ,as I on most occasions simply edit the templates as against creating my process maps from scratch.

In contrast to Edraw max ,Lucidchart is not as intuitive or self expressive as EDrawmax ; neither is the work environment customizable. Also Lucidchart files can get easily heavy ,especially when incorporating images into my process maps.

Mit Google übersetzen

Lucidchart is always within reach for me.

Bewertet am 1.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I started my diagramming experience back on 2011 with Edraw max. However I tried out Lucidchart in 2016 and I have never had the cause to look back ever since. I am an avid user of Lucidchart simply because it is cloud based , it is affordable,supports importing diagrams to and from Microsoft Visio and allows me to collaborate with my colleagues in real time ,while working on my diagrams.
Being cloud based , ensures I am able to pick up my device and begin working on diagrams at a moment notice, I get access to this fantastic diagramming program.

I have no iota of reservation about Lucidchart. Its user interface was very easy to get used to ,and this is majorly because it has got similarities with Edraw max,which was the software I was coming from.

Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to use online tool to create quick charts and diagrams

Bewertet am 4.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It allows us to set up a shared repository of all diagrams and flow charts to use internally when developing our product. Anyone can view, edit or create new diagrams with a very easy-to-use interface. This helped us save time when designing the implementation of a new feature or functionality.

The fact that the application is online means I can access it and all my created diagrams anywhere. I use it mainly to create diagrams that depict IT scenarios, with flow-charts, sequence or network diagrams being quick and easy to create. The interface is clean and everything is easy to find, with search boxes to speed up the search for the specific type of icon.

Generally the interface reacts quickly and items nicely 'snap' to align with other items, making it easy to rearrange a diagram and still maintain a good overview, without having to redo half the design. Setting up a team within Lucidchart to share documents is easy and works well.

The price is a little on the high side, especially if you want to add more members to your Lucidcart team.

Also, ocassionally the interface handles dragging lines between different icons badly, with lines not appearing at the correct spot and taking very tortuous routes through the diagram.

Great Charting Software

Bewertet am 9.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung

I started using this software in college for different classes like Information Technology and Operations Management. This software has also been great with helping me complete assignments. LucidChart is extremely user-friendly and I was able to learn how to use the software rather quickly. It's incredibly easy to drop in different shapes or images that you want and draw the connects from different processes/images to one another.

Only Con I can really think of is sometimes it can be frustrating to format shapes and resize them at times. While the software is fairly user friendly I have definitely gotten frustrated at times trying to resize images and have had issues when I was trying to connect certain processes to another and the program picks the wrong shape to connect to.

I also wish it was a bit easier to print out these charts, but I don't think it's very fair to blame the software on that since everyone's charts are going to vary by width/size so it's up to the user to format it for printing.

Mit Google übersetzen

Lucidchart is a blessing to my diagramming experience.

Bewertet am 1.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Lucidchart is web based ,with a close to zero learning curve for new users ; especially users who have used alternate design softwares like Smartdraw and Edraw max before.I am able to share diagrams with my team members wherever they are.
Lucidchart is the one design tool I can count on whenever I need to quickly work on diagrams , user interface designs and sketches at a moment notice. The fact I am not restricted to a single device to be able to use Lucidchart is a blessing for me.

I am unable to share my raw diagram files with team members who do not use Lucidchart. I always have to export my diagrams to pdf .before sharing.

Mit Google übersetzen

Huge variety of features and functionality

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

As someone who is used to Visio, there was a learning curve when I started using Lucidchart, as the functions were not intuitive to me. However, it was a very short time from when I figured out the basic functions, to when I was creating complicated process design flows and detailed user interface mock-ups, and impressing my clients and co-workers.

We have been using Lucidchart on a pilot basis for a specific project, but based on the features and functionality available (after some training for those stuck in the Visio world), we are recommending Lucidchart become the go-to tool for creating and maintaining user interface mock-ups for our systems development and maintenance projects.

Number of types of tools to create charts, as well as the number of styles within a set of tools.

It has felt like there are infinite possibilities of charts to create.

Not sure if there is a way to "lock" some combined pieces of of a chart, so that you can move the entire "collection" together, and not have to move all separate pieces individually? I know you can lock the whole chart.

Sometimes I would create a chart, but then further info would be provided, so the chart needed to be modified, but as more space was needed in a specific area, I would have to move all of the individual pieces of a section, rather than the whole section, to accommodate new pieces. It often became very time-consuming to "relocate" a section of the chart because of how complicated it was.

Mit Google übersetzen

A great product but can be slow

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My role has required me to increasingly create diagrams so it's great having an online repository for them. Having them available on wiki pages and update as they are chabged is a huge benefit. I haven't struggled on lack of features but it would be good to have more mangement of the diagram files themselves, and a feature for online archive. Overall a great experience so far however my only bugbear is performance, large diagrms can take an age to load, even browsing documents. Having said that the performance does seem to have improve lately.

Online repository for diagrams
Collaboration
Link to online for upto date version

Performance
Lack of document features

Flowcharts Made Easy

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The Good: First of all for any basic project, there is likely to be a similar one in their database from which you can build yours. When using swim lanes, resizing also moves to contents which saves a lot of time (as opposed to doing this in Word or Excel). You can build custom shape libraries to include color settings and such on the shapes. Overall this program has (figuratively) pulled my bacon from the fire more than once.

The Bad: The login screen does not allow for quick form fill (browser remembering the username and password to instantly input it upon page load). It does not remember certain view settings between uses, such as opting to use the beta build for the next version, I never want to go back to the previous.

The Ugly: The default themes are a decent baseline from which to build, but are each rather lacking, and you cannot save your own for quick application over all objects in a spreadsheet (thus you need to do it manually, which can take quite awhile).

Use of use, simplicity of design, complexity of task.

I wish I could save custom themes, and possibly share them with other users.

Mit Google übersetzen

Lucidchart for everything from technical to marketing

Bewertet am 13.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

An easy to use and share vector graphic problem that is ideal for process management, process engineering, network diagrams, flow charts, etc. It is an outstanding tool to create drawings used in office documents and presentations. Includes libraries are perfect for flow charts, but not what is needed for process automation (BMS/SCADA etc.). Network and IT stuff is acceptable but some of the built in objects are unprofessional looking. Easy, though, to create your own objects. Definitely faster and more powerful than Gliffy (Atlassian) or any of the MS Office drawing tools except for Visio. But what's great about Lucidchart is the simple integration with web sharing (wikis, confluence, etc.). Works cross platform on Mac, Linux, and Windows desktops.

Exporting high quality images for production printing (to Adobe InDesign for example) is an overly awkward and laborious process. Would be nice to a simple Save As EPS and SVG.

Mit Google übersetzen

My first preference is Lucidchart when I want to create a diagram to explain something to my team

Bewertet am 18.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

I am the person at our team to explain new project opportunities and most of the team members prefer a systematic or diagrammatic explanation of details. Apart from the initial learning time on how to use this app, it will save tons of energy and money for sure. I used to draw using a pen and paper and Lucidchart changed everything to just the computer screen. I can collaborate with other members of my team to make updates on my diagram. I can clearly set permissions on where someone other than me can do an edit. Sharing the diagram online is just a matter of seconds.

I think Lucidchart must add more advanced templates for the basic users. The other main drawback is that there is no offline access to Lucidchart in any platforms. If there was a desktop client application that works offline as well and automatically updates all the edits when the PC connects to internet would have been much helpful.

I love my Lucidchart.

Bewertet am 13.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Lucidchart is easy to learn and is an intuitive diagramming tool.It is cloud based and this has allowed me to be able to use Lucidchart for my user experience diagrams.
It works with Google drive , allowing me to save my diagrams in the cloud for future use. The templates made available for flowcharts have come on very handy for me.

I will like to be able to share my diagrams with colleagues who aren't users of the Lucidchart tool. At the moment , I have to export my diagrams in pdf,jpeg,png or other non-editable formats.

Mit Google übersetzen

It explains so much in so less

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 21.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It gives very nice flowcharts, which are very easy to understand and also it makes the clients understand better about insights. Who is working on what is easily seen through it. The most important benefit is , it is very easy to learn.

The use of lucid has provided very nice, responsive flow charts, which give so much information. It is pretty simple to learn. Just start using it and in no time you will be able to do wonderful stuff. It has a nice integration with other apps and has good quantity of libraries. It makes us learn about our requirements and what the client needs. We can easily see who is working on what work, it has made collaboration so easy.

It is little overpriced, due to which many opt out of it. It is very smooth and have nice templates, but I think the number of templates could have been more. The speed of rendering can be improved a little too.

Mit Google übersetzen

The best tool for UX there is!

Täglich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 24.11.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I've been using Lucidchart for over a year now and love it. I've used other tools in the past but they just don't come up to scratch in terms of feature set and flexibility. I am a Business Analyst and UX designer so Lucidchart features in my work day.... every day. I use it to quickly sketch out user journeys as well as rough outlines for screens.

My clients love that I use it as we can collaboratively work side by side on a design and then there are numerous ways that I can export the work for use elsewhere.

I just can't imagine not using Lucidchart anymore so I am grateful that it is there and constantly evolving to meet my needs. Great product!

Ease of use and flexibility.

Sometimes the number of features is a little overwhelming and it's not as easy to understand the new ones (and change my easy shortcut habits).

Mit Google übersetzen

good tool, allows to make the diagrams very quickly and work collaboratively without installations.

Bewertet am 28.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

the creation of flow diagrams and uml mainly that can be shared to work as a team, I can also use them from google docs without problems and store in my google drive account, I can also use the images saved onedrive in my diagrams.

It is very easy to use and to register there is no complication.
Several types of popular diagrams can be made in some disciplines such as software engineering or network design.
available in several languages, including Spanish.
It allows to import diagrams made in microsoft visio, omnigraffle, gliffy and draw.io you can also import figures from visio or in svg format to the library.
You can download the diagrams in multiple formats like jpg, png, pdf, svg, csv and visio.
You can work collaboratively, inviting teammates to edit, comment or see the work.
It can be used for free.
has an excellent integration with google docs and office 365, also with confluence, jira, slack, quip and zoho connect among others.

allows only 60 objects per document in the free accounts.
the revision history is only available as a premium function, which forces me to use the google revision history docs when I want to work collaboratively.

Lucidchart - solid wireframing tool

Bewertet am 7.12.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have looked at and tried a number of different wireframing tools. Design and layout of web pages and software applications is a great deal of our business. After trying a bunch of different tools, we decided on Lucidchart. It has all of the basics and a lot of images to choose from. It allows us to easily share our designs with our customers without having to purchase additional licenses. Only negative would be that it's hard to move elements around if there a lot on the page.

Pretty easy to use.

hard to move objects around if there are lot of them on the page

Mit Google übersetzen

Highly Efficient and Very Affordable!

Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 9.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have used Lucidchart for years, whether it's been for school or for work and it has always allowed me to produce professional and high quality diagrams.

Lucidchart is an online diagramming app that provides tons of templates ranging from mind maps to floor plans to BPMNs. It offers many features but whether or not if you have access to them depends on what subscription plan you're on. The Team plan was best suited for us because we could take advantage of their collaboration tools like having multiple users working on the same diagram simultaneously while video chatting through Google Hangouts. Lucidchart provides many integrations including Google Apps, Microsoft Word, and Slack allowing you to complete your projects quickly and seamlessly. Some of my favorite features are being able to see revision history, using "Clean Up Layout" to quickly declutter diagrams and make them appear more neat and organized, adding passwords to certain diagrams, and the premade designs and color schemes.

Customer support is excellent but if you want to reach them by phone, you have to upgrade to the Enterprise plan.

Mit Google übersetzen

Lucidchart is a solid choice among online charting/drawing applications

Bewertet am 23.11.2016
Quelle der Bewertung

Overall, it is a very powerful tool that allows us to collaborate online. I think it is a value for the money and the online help is useful and answers most of my questions.

Flexibility, links with Google Drive, sharing over the Internet, download. Overall it is very solid.

Importing outside images is cumbersome. I just want to drag and drop a file onto the work area then start using it. This is a frequent use case as our main use for the product is UI design. I want to start with the existing UI as a screen shot and show the developers how to change. Second is having to re-import UI elements every time I open a new study. Once I put something in the tool list on the left, I'd like it to stay there. Finally, selecting an object can be frustrating because of the mode switching that occurs. I grab to drag and I get a pointer to another object. There must be some way to make this more intuitive.

Forget Visio, LucidChart is the new diagramming tool

Bewertet am 28.3.2016
Quelle der Bewertung

We were long time Visio users, and it was coming time to upgrade Visio again - which was not a small cost. So we looked around and came across LucidChart. It imported our Visio diagrams without any issue. After a short time we found LucidChart so much easier to use, and it was great being able to share out master copies of our diagrams with our clients (who the diagrams are for). I also like that it is completely web based, and we don't have to install anything on our machines any more. Their online support is excellent, and they have lots of short You Tube videos which show you how to do lots and lots of things.

* Ease of use
* You tube videos giving demos on how to do things
* Ability to share disgrams
* Running in a web browser so you don't have to install software

* I found customers (who already use LucidChart) sometimes shared their diagrams with just the employee needing it "right then". However if someone else needed to work on it they didn't have access, and usually didn't have the rights to be able to share it with other people in our company. I wish when customers shared it with someone in our team that it was automatically shared with everyone in the team. This was such a big issue for us we ended up cancelling out company subscription, and converting it to a single user subscription forcing everyone to log in using the same account. Issue resolved with customers sharing with us.