Lucidchart Bewertungen

Lucidchart

Diagrammerstellung richtig gemacht.

4.6/5 (549 Bewertungen)

My Review after using Lucidchart.

Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 24.11.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I'm an Engineering Graduate Student. This is my Review after using Lucidchart for a Month. I'll be giving review about the product after use in a class project. Some problems are complex enough that you may not know how to ask the right question. That's where Web Apps come in. With a few clicks, these form based course assistants solve many types of problems which are commonly encountered in your classes, no questions asked. Create engaging lectures and materials by uploading your own real world data, or draw on thousands of data sets already available in Lucidchart. Tailor the look of your results with customiszble visualizations.
The color, style, and elements of generated charts and plots can be customized and downloaded. And export results in 60+ file types. You can download results in various formats like XLS, PDF etc. There's so much you can do. They are always adding more content and more features to help you create the best classroom experience possible. So, that's good that it gets regular updates.

HUNDREDS OF TEMPLATES & EXAMPLES:
- Org Charts
- Mind Maps
- BPMN

POWERFUL & EASY TO USE:
- Hundreds of shapes with easy drag and drop functionality
- Export to PDF, PNG, JPG and Microsoft Visio (.vdx)
- Integrations with Google Drive, Confluence, JIRA, and Jive at no additional cost
- Dedicated support team to address your questions

BUILT FOR COLLABORATION:
- Real time collaboration
- Unlimited number of simultaneous collaborators
- Powerful version control and revision history
- Group chat and comments
- Embed diagrams in blogs, wikis or websites

SECURE & RELIABLE:
- All data transferred using SSL with AES-256 bit encryption
- Hourly backups stored across multiple data centers
- 99.9% uptime SLA for enterprise customers
- Admin-specified password strength and reset frequency requirements

ROBUST FOR ADMINS:
- Upgrade other users to administrators to help manage users
- Set whether new users automatically join the team or require an invitation
- Control which domains your team can collaborate with outside your company.

I found customers (who already use LucidChart) sometimes shared their diagrams with just the employee needing it "right then". However if someone else needed to work on it they didn't have access, and usually didn't have the rights to be able to share it with other people in our company. I wish when customers shared it with someone in our team that it was automatically shared with everyone in the team. This was such a big issue for us we ended up canceling out company subscription and converting it to a single user subscription forcing everyone to log in using the same account. Issue resolved with customers sharing with us.

Teaching Computer Science With This Tool

Quelle der Bewertung

As a teacher, I've been using LucidChart for more than three years in my Advanced Placement (AP) computer science classes. Students really enjoy being able to document problem solving algorithms using the flow chart tools as well as mind mapping with concept diagrams. I have come to rely on UML class diagrams for my instructional units on object and class design; additionally, I use it for making graphic organizers, process diagrams, and general handouts. Ease of use, judicious mix of features, collaborative editing tools and publishing options put it right at the top of my list of preferred tools. I recommend it to colleagues all.the.time.

The available graphic elements for UML, mind mapping, flowchart, and general visual organization are simply perfect for an educational environment.

The process for browsing and managing uploaded user images seems a little off. For example, I frequently will use screen captures as graphical elements of a document. While LucidChart fully supports doing so, it might be helpful to have a more powerful interface when reviewing/browsing/selecting files that are serving duty as custom images.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Lucidchart is such a joy to use; a breath of fresh air coming from other software

Bewertet am 31.01.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Has Everything: L:C has literally every type of chart, bubble, line, and template that I can think of. I've yet to run into a situation where LC did not have something that would work.

Sharing Capabilities: Like Google Drive, users of LC can collaborate on charts. I know that our engineering team uses this a lot, I have yet to find a need to collaborate on charts that I've created, but I love how easy it is should the need arise. It even integrates with Google Drive to boot!

Does One Thing: Sometimes this is a con; when a software is just a One-Trick Pony. I think that its a trap that a lot of software companies fall into, especially young ones. They try to do too much too quickly and come to market with incomplete, inconsistent, or generic products in saturated markets. LC does charts and chart sharing so well that it can afford to do nothing else and I appreciate them for that.

Direction: If you are a chart rookie or simply are not sure where to begin with chart creation, LC has templates that can help, but the user has to approach LC with the creative vision and direction in play already. There is no sandbox mode for this part of the chart-making process; I still use a legal pad to start with. LC's templates are neatly categorized based on business needs or otherwise, but they are still just templates. In some respects, this is not so much a con as it is a natural limitation on the creativity chart-makers must overcome in the first place

Verteilung der Bewertung

Being Cloud based ,stands Lucidchart out.

Bewertet am 05.06.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Lucidchart is cloud based and unlike my previous diagramming tool (Edraw max) ,I am able to access my Lucidchart from anywhere and across all devices,including my smartphone. It integrates perfectly with my Google drive ,making it a breeze to backup my diagrams.
I am provided with a variety of templates to aid me in my diagrams ; be it process maps , mind maps ,org charts etc these templates have sometimes halved the time I spend working on diagrams ,as I on most occasions simply edit the templates as against creating my process maps from scratch.

In contrast to Edraw max ,Lucidchart is not as intuitive or self expressive as EDrawmax ; neither is the work environment customizable. Also Lucidchart files can get easily heavy ,especially when incorporating images into my process maps.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Easy to use online tool to create quick charts and diagrams

Bewertet am 04.05.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It allows us to set up a shared repository of all diagrams and flow charts to use internally when developing our product. Anyone can view, edit or create new diagrams with a very easy-to-use interface. This helped us save time when designing the implementation of a new feature or functionality.

The fact that the application is online means I can access it and all my created diagrams anywhere. I use it mainly to create diagrams that depict IT scenarios, with flow-charts, sequence or network diagrams being quick and easy to create. The interface is clean and everything is easy to find, with search boxes to speed up the search for the specific type of icon.

Generally the interface reacts quickly and items nicely 'snap' to align with other items, making it easy to rearrange a diagram and still maintain a good overview, without having to redo half the design. Setting up a team within Lucidchart to share documents is easy and works well.

The price is a little on the high side, especially if you want to add more members to your Lucidcart team.

Also, ocassionally the interface handles dragging lines between different icons badly, with lines not appearing at the correct spot and taking very tortuous routes through the diagram.

Great Charting Software

Bewertet am 09.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung

I started using this software in college for different classes like Information Technology and Operations Management. This software has also been great with helping me complete assignments. LucidChart is extremely user-friendly and I was able to learn how to use the software rather quickly. It's incredibly easy to drop in different shapes or images that you want and draw the connects from different processes/images to one another.

Only Con I can really think of is sometimes it can be frustrating to format shapes and resize them at times. While the software is fairly user friendly I have definitely gotten frustrated at times trying to resize images and have had issues when I was trying to connect certain processes to another and the program picks the wrong shape to connect to.

I also wish it was a bit easier to print out these charts, but I don't think it's very fair to blame the software on that since everyone's charts are going to vary by width/size so it's up to the user to format it for printing.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Huge variety of features and functionality

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

As someone who is used to Visio, there was a learning curve when I started using Lucidchart, as the functions were not intuitive to me. However, it was a very short time from when I figured out the basic functions, to when I was creating complicated process design flows and detailed user interface mock-ups, and impressing my clients and co-workers.

We have been using Lucidchart on a pilot basis for a specific project, but based on the features and functionality available (after some training for those stuck in the Visio world), we are recommending Lucidchart become the go-to tool for creating and maintaining user interface mock-ups for our systems development and maintenance projects.

Number of types of tools to create charts, as well as the number of styles within a set of tools.

It has felt like there are infinite possibilities of charts to create.

Not sure if there is a way to "lock" some combined pieces of of a chart, so that you can move the entire "collection" together, and not have to move all separate pieces individually? I know you can lock the whole chart.

Sometimes I would create a chart, but then further info would be provided, so the chart needed to be modified, but as more space was needed in a specific area, I would have to move all of the individual pieces of a section, rather than the whole section, to accommodate new pieces. It often became very time-consuming to "relocate" a section of the chart because of how complicated it was.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

A great product but can be slow

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My role has required me to increasingly create diagrams so it's great having an online repository for them. Having them available on wiki pages and update as they are chabged is a huge benefit. I haven't struggled on lack of features but it would be good to have more mangement of the diagram files themselves, and a feature for online archive. Overall a great experience so far however my only bugbear is performance, large diagrms can take an age to load, even browsing documents. Having said that the performance does seem to have improve lately.

Online repository for diagrams
Collaboration
Link to online for upto date version

Performance
Lack of document features

Flowcharts Made Easy

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The Good: First of all for any basic project, there is likely to be a similar one in their database from which you can build yours. When using swim lanes, resizing also moves to contents which saves a lot of time (as opposed to doing this in Word or Excel). You can build custom shape libraries to include color settings and such on the shapes. Overall this program has (figuratively) pulled my bacon from the fire more than once.

The Bad: The login screen does not allow for quick form fill (browser remembering the username and password to instantly input it upon page load). It does not remember certain view settings between uses, such as opting to use the beta build for the next version, I never want to go back to the previous.

The Ugly: The default themes are a decent baseline from which to build, but are each rather lacking, and you cannot save your own for quick application over all objects in a spreadsheet (thus you need to do it manually, which can take quite awhile).

Use of use, simplicity of design, complexity of task.

I wish I could save custom themes, and possibly share them with other users.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Lucidchart for everything from technical to marketing

Bewertet am 13.04.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

An easy to use and share vector graphic problem that is ideal for process management, process engineering, network diagrams, flow charts, etc. It is an outstanding tool to create drawings used in office documents and presentations. Includes libraries are perfect for flow charts, but not what is needed for process automation (BMS/SCADA etc.). Network and IT stuff is acceptable but some of the built in objects are unprofessional looking. Easy, though, to create your own objects. Definitely faster and more powerful than Gliffy (Atlassian) or any of the MS Office drawing tools except for Visio. But what's great about Lucidchart is the simple integration with web sharing (wikis, confluence, etc.). Works cross platform on Mac, Linux, and Windows desktops.

Exporting high quality images for production printing (to Adobe InDesign for example) is an overly awkward and laborious process. Would be nice to a simple Save As EPS and SVG.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

It explains so much in so less

Bewertet am 21.05.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It gives very nice flowcharts, which are very easy to understand and also it makes the clients understand better about insights. Who is working on what is easily seen through it. The most important benefit is , it is very easy to learn.

The use of lucid has provided very nice, responsive flow charts, which give so much information. It is pretty simple to learn. Just start using it and in no time you will be able to do wonderful stuff. It has a nice integration with other apps and has good quantity of libraries. It makes us learn about our requirements and what the client needs. We can easily see who is working on what work, it has made collaboration so easy.

It is little overpriced, due to which many opt out of it. It is very smooth and have nice templates, but I think the number of templates could have been more. The speed of rendering can be improved a little too.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

The best tool for UX there is!

Bewertet am 24.11.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I've been using Lucidchart for over a year now and love it. I've used other tools in the past but they just don't come up to scratch in terms of feature set and flexibility. I am a Business Analyst and UX designer so Lucidchart features in my work day.... every day. I use it to quickly sketch out user journeys as well as rough outlines for screens.

My clients love that I use it as we can collaboratively work side by side on a design and then there are numerous ways that I can export the work for use elsewhere.

I just can't imagine not using Lucidchart anymore so I am grateful that it is there and constantly evolving to meet my needs. Great product!

Ease of use and flexibility.

Sometimes the number of features is a little overwhelming and it's not as easy to understand the new ones (and change my easy shortcut habits).

Lucidchart - solid wireframing tool

Bewertet am 07.12.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have looked at and tried a number of different wireframing tools. Design and layout of web pages and software applications is a great deal of our business. After trying a bunch of different tools, we decided on Lucidchart. It has all of the basics and a lot of images to choose from. It allows us to easily share our designs with our customers without having to purchase additional licenses. Only negative would be that it's hard to move elements around if there a lot on the page.

Pretty easy to use.

hard to move objects around if there are lot of them on the page

Verteilung der Bewertung

Lucidchart is a solid choice among online charting/drawing applications

Quelle der Bewertung

Overall, it is a very powerful tool that allows us to collaborate online. I think it is a value for the money and the online help is useful and answers most of my questions.

Flexibility, links with Google Drive, sharing over the Internet, download. Overall it is very solid.

Importing outside images is cumbersome. I just want to drag and drop a file onto the work area then start using it. This is a frequent use case as our main use for the product is UI design. I want to start with the existing UI as a screen shot and show the developers how to change. Second is having to re-import UI elements every time I open a new study. Once I put something in the tool list on the left, I'd like it to stay there. Finally, selecting an object can be frustrating because of the mode switching that occurs. I grab to drag and I get a pointer to another object. There must be some way to make this more intuitive.

Great online modeling tool

Bewertet am 10.08.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Easy modeling of software systems as well as easy sharing with multiple collaborators. I thoroughly enjoy being able to store my design docs on my Google drive and have updates registered there.

I love the browser based solution as well as the integration with Google cloud. I also love the choice of multiple templates and the ability to create your own image templates.

The licensing model is a bit atiquated and stodgy. The customer service is also diffracted between product offerings. Not have customer support services know about multiple customer channels is just not adequate in this era.

Forget Visio, LucidChart is the new diagramming tool

Bewertet am 28.03.2016
Quelle der Bewertung

We were long time Visio users, and it was coming time to upgrade Visio again - which was not a small cost. So we looked around and came across LucidChart. It imported our Visio diagrams without any issue. After a short time we found LucidChart so much easier to use, and it was great being able to share out master copies of our diagrams with our clients (who the diagrams are for). I also like that it is completely web based, and we don't have to install anything on our machines any more. Their online support is excellent, and they have lots of short You Tube videos which show you how to do lots and lots of things.

* Ease of use
* You tube videos giving demos on how to do things
* Ability to share disgrams
* Running in a web browser so you don't have to install software

* I found customers (who already use LucidChart) sometimes shared their diagrams with just the employee needing it "right then". However if someone else needed to work on it they didn't have access, and usually didn't have the rights to be able to share it with other people in our company. I wish when customers shared it with someone in our team that it was automatically shared with everyone in the team. This was such a big issue for us we ended up cancelling out company subscription, and converting it to a single user subscription forcing everyone to log in using the same account. Issue resolved with customers sharing with us.

Verteilung der Bewertung

Great system for Diagramming. It is my favorite part of the Job. This tool rocks!

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Easy to use. I have been using diagramming tools since 1997, This tool allows you to collaborate with others on the design by sharing the information with other easily. The stencils are very functional , I would recommend it for any one needing to create a network design or a home plan.

I can use the tool on my MAC pro or the Windows Laptop no special software to get the IT team to load. It works and does not complain about what version when others need to send you a diagram.

Some exports are a little disconnected and have to be repaired but no real issue

Weiterempfehlungsquote

I use Lucidchart to design mockups for software data flow + backend process.

Bewertet am 14.04.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Saves me a ton of time in designing ERDs and data flow documentation - come up with these by hand was previously a massive pain - Lucidchart speeds up this process and consequentially helps me communicate better with the rest of my team.

I've found Lucidchart to be incredibly helpful in designing diagrams related to software design. Trying to create these diagrams myself in various design softwares was always complicated and cumbersome, and this system allows me to intuitively create complex diagrams without pulling my hair out. Favorite features:

- Low price
- Versatility of shapes + functions
- Easy export to PDF
- Built in templates for everything from ERDs to iPhone app design, and everything in between
- Detailed articles explaining nuances of each type of diagram
- Integrations (Google Drive, Slack, + Jira are especially nice)

Any frustrations I have with Lucidchart are minimal:

- Lack of autosave feature (I don't always remember to manually save)
- Wish that templates came blank instead of pre-populated with data

Monica Miranda

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I use Lucidchart to make flowcharts and surveys for a research project. I love this program. Overall, I have had a great experience using it. I have had some compatibility issues because I can't edit the charts on other programs. Another thing is that I would find it helpful if I had templates for specific projects (like Gantt charts or timelines for example). They might exist but I don't know how to find them. I would also like it if it better if it were easier to insert different forms.

I love that it is really easy to use, it is very intuitive. I like the colors and different options to make lovely charts.

I don't like that I can't edit the charts in other softwares (such as word, powerpoint).

Vastly Better Than Competitors, Fraction of the Price

Bewertet am 03.12.2016
Quelle der Bewertung

I absolutely adore Lucidchart! As a Computer Information Systems major, I use Lucidchart for many assignments in my classes including Swimlanes, GANTT charts, PERT charts, Data Flow charts, Work Breakdown Structures, basic flowcharts, diagrams, mockups, and even artistic images such as logos.

-Easy to learn and use
-Compatible with almost any format
-Easy to download in any file type
-Cloud storage in Lucidchart or on Google Drive
-Unlike most flowchart software, LC offers a wide variety of symbols, shapes, and images

-Sometimes Unable to import previous flowcharts
-Can't import images
-Often loses connectivity if using web app
-While I understand LC is primarily a flowchart software, it is often tiresome to create other types of diagrams such as swim lanes and GANTT charts

Weiterempfehlungsquote

The perfect tool for Mind-scaping projects

Bewertet am 06.03.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The possibility to organize my projects complexity, making them quite easy to understand and develop.

Lucid chart offers a variety of tools and options to customize from A to Z your page layout. From the color of the Background to the export quality and print. And in between there is just a huge amount of possibilities. Customizing your hotkeys and quick drag and drop tools, presentation options for team meetings and so much more. All of these elements really make the application easy to use and not overbearing with too many things on screen.

I have to say. I am not a fan of applications that ask you to pay monthly. I wish there was a stand-alone edition where you could do everything locally on your computer. Indeed you loose all the online options but that would be the trade in for having an independent software on your machine.

Good Job, Thank you.

Bewertet am 25.11.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I used to use MS Visio until I stumbled over Lucidchart. While Visio ist going down from version to version (Software developer's view) Lucidchart offers an easy way to design nearly whatever required. Few things I miss: Other Entity notations than crow feet and better UML integration, e.g. free placeable ports for components.

Easy to use, worldwid access (if there's internet available)

sometimes tricky to use, not all diagram types/ notations supportet (yet)

Additional library symbols.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The lucidchart software application is very good and easy tool to build our required drawings and documents, Am using this software application since last 6 months based on my limited experince I have few following observation points which can improve this software tool to be more robust and ease.

1. We can not import the external library object and symbol like we used to do in visio application.
2. The upload and download of each drawings will take more time mainly when we have more graphic object in each drawings (Even though we use high end configuration computers like Intel i7 processor with 16 GB Ram).

It very simple and easy to use.

Refer the details which i have mentioned in review comment section.

Weiterempfehlungsquote

Amazing online diagramming tool that I can use anywhere.

Bewertet am 01.02.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

LucidChart is an amazing online app that I can use at my desk, on my tablet, and on my phone. It's simple touch controls are designed for efficiency. The templates provided are incredibly diverse. The ability to link other diagrams, notes, and comments to elements is a great feature. We have used this tool for effective remote collaboration on complex process flow topics and for generating professional, beautiful diagrams in high dollar proposals.

Transferring ownership of a document was somewhat of an unclear process, but we ended up just copying it. I wish it would allow for more notifications when documents change.

Verteilung der Bewertung

Great tool to make charts and diagrams - much easier than Visio.

Bewertet am 14.06.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Great way to diagram information in an easy to see and share way. We are able to collaborate and map out different software processes very easily between our operations team.

Great tools and functionality, love the use of the cloud save. It has many default and templates to choose from so I don't have to start from scratch, but even when I do, it's easy to build something out quickly and then share using the functionality or even save into Google Drive.

A little bit limited in it's functionality overall, but that's not it's fault - it does what it needs to do. I'm not the admin, but I've been told it's pretty expensive for our company licenses, so we might change.