Basecamp

4,3 (14.440)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
Flexibles Projektmanagement- und Team-Kommunikationswerkzeug.

Gesamtbewertung

4,3 /5
(14.440)
Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
4,2/5
Funktionen
4,2/5
Bedienkomfort
4,3/5
Kundenbetreuung
4,3/5

87%
haben diese Anwendung empfohlen
Sortieren nach

14440 Bewertungen

Rebekka
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Bedienkomfort
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 10.0 /10

Unser täglicher Begleiter für effizientes Teammanagement

Bewertet am 16.11.2023

Basecamp ist für uns im täglichen Einsatz unverzichtbar. Es hält unser Team auf dem Laufenden und...

Basecamp ist für uns im täglichen Einsatz unverzichtbar. Es hält unser Team auf dem Laufenden und sorgt dafür, dass jeder über relevante Themen informiert ist. Die klare Strukturierung der Projekte erleichtert es enorm, den Überblick zu behalten. Besonders die To-Do-Listen und Message Boards sind für uns sehr nützlich. Insgesamt ist Basecamp ein effektives Tool für unser Teammanagement.

Vorteile

Das, was uns bei Basecamp besonders überzeugt, ist seine einfache Bedienung und die klare, übersichtliche Struktur. Selbst für neue Teammitglieder ist es leicht, sich zurechtzufinden.

Nachteile

Ein Nachteil von Basecamp, den wir festgestellt haben, ist das Fehlen einer farblichen Abhebung der einzelnen Projekte. Eine solche Funktion würde die Übersichtlichkeit und das visuelle Management erheblich verbessern. Mit farblichen Markierungen könnten wir auf einen Blick den Status und die Kategorie verschiedener Projekte erkennen, was die Orientierung und Priorisierung in unserem Arbeitsalltag erleichtern würde.

Marco
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Staatsverwaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Bedienkomfort
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 6.0 /10

Einfach gehalten aber sinnvoll und praktisch

Bewertet am 26.9.2022

Basecamp ist schlicht und einfach gehalten. Der Austausch und die Zusammenarbeit zwischen Kollegen...

Basecamp ist schlicht und einfach gehalten. Der Austausch und die Zusammenarbeit zwischen Kollegen kann durch das Tool aber verbessert werden.

Vorteile

Basecamp ist einfach zu handhaben. Die Abstimmung innerhalb von Teams kann dadurch verbessert werden, beispielsweise durch tägliche Status-Emails.

Nachteile

Die Oberfläche ist sehr einfach gehalten (optisch) und nicht ganz übersichtlich.

Töffel
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Kundenbetreuung
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 10.0 /10

Mega zufrieden um gutes Geld zu machen

Bewertet am 31.10.2022

Wir sind mega zufrieden und bleiben Kunde

Wir sind mega zufrieden und bleiben Kunde

Vorteile

Dass man im Internet alles nachlesen kann und sich so schnell rein findet

Nachteile

Bis ist mir nichts negatives aufgefallen

Vikram
Vikram
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Kundenbetreuung
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 10.0 /10

The Best task allocation and monitoring tool available in the market

Bewertet am 24.8.2022

In remote workplaces, it becomes very difficult to monitor and track the progress of your peers or...

In remote workplaces, it becomes very difficult to monitor and track the progress of your peers or teammates. Basecamp has been a saviour as it helps us not only monitor and allocate tasks but also becomes a source of communication for internal teams to get the work done. We recommend Basecamp to any IT company which has multiple projects and resources to handle.

Vorteile

Basecamp has been a great tool for our team as all the projects and tasks are allocated by the managers and peers on this platform and then it becomes easy for everyone to keep a track of it. Basecamp provides an easy communication via threads that make it very convenient to use. We at Wise IT inc have been using basecamp as a project management and collaboration tool and love how it makes our lives easier. It also has a mobile app which makes it more easier to keep a check on your phone when you are away from work.

Nachteile

Basecamp does not have video conferencing option yet which has become a very important feature for companies that are working from home. Apart form this, I have never faced any problem using Basecamp.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Asana

Warum Basecamp gewählt wurde

The interface of Basecamp is easier than Asana. Also in terms of features, Basecamp currently leads the market.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Basecamp

Pricing and features are better for Basecamp compared to other alternatives available.
Curt
Curt
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Kundenbetreuung
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 10.0 /10

Basecamp helps us streamline project/account management and increase our efficiency

Bewertet am 19.11.2020

Overall, we're very happy here at my startup marketing agency, HypeLife Brands, with Basecamp...we'v...

Overall, we're very happy here at my startup marketing agency, HypeLife Brands, with Basecamp...we've been using it for a VERY long time and haven't looked back or considered anything else really. I think the 37Signals team has done a great job with the product from the beginning.

Vorteile

The ability to manage a team, often in multiple locales, especially in the days of COVID now, much easier than any other alternative out there.

Nachteile

Sometimes a conversation for tasks becomes non-linear though Basecamp is setup in a linear fashion, so it can be a bit tricky to manage that without the ability to thread comments, but this is more of an advanced user need I think :-)

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Asana

Warum Basecamp gewählt wurde

We need a more robust, and hosted option instead of having to maintain and customize a tool to our needs on a local version. Basecamp fit the bill at the time and we haven't had to make a single customization once adopting its workflow.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Basecamp

I felt Basecamp was easier and cleaner for me as a project and account manager for our select clients, working on accounts with a sort of "agile within waterfall" hybrid approach to how we work...so Basecamp just fit much better, and I'm a big fan of 37signals' core philosophy too in building businesses, so there was really no competition in the end.
Verifizierter Rezensent
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Weitere für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Kundenbetreuung
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 5.0 /10

I'm not sure if it's the same people on this one, since there are different versions of this...

Bewertet am 29.10.2018

For the fact that it's an app on a major app store, I would have obviously come across it, for the...

For the fact that it's an app on a major app store, I would have obviously come across it, for the fact that it was something of some form of various thing that I would come across in categorical and ad hoc searching, as it turns out.

Aside from not understanding what the purpose of the software was, based on the description that was included in all of the versions in the App Store, I found it particularly disparaging to the community that they framed the purpose of the app as an occupation and dump in of trucks and trailers, and tons of people from out of town, on any given day, whereas the trailers were there in supposition that they were showers that were provided to the homeless, on one day.

On one hand, they're not there every day, but on the other hand, it was a bit strange that this ended up being what the app is about.

Vorteile

In essence, I suppose that this app seems a bit in opposition to the browsing app store user coming across it and then, at some point, upon trying to understand what the portent of the impact of the software is, fairly soon turns up browsing through more apps, wondering what this app is about; particularly to have 3 release versions of it, at this point in time.

Regardless, it turned in to a yellow sign "base camp" social work news article publication thing for the sake of publicizing push material of support for what ended up being a seething attrition for the locals of the area where the "base camp" installment of "obviously, it's on account of the app in the app store thing," and on top of that, there was significant opposition to me as a mental health client recipient of services (supposedly), just tangentially, and for a few times, perhaps, of this art therapy group of people, and then they talked and acted out towards me in my head, outside of any sort of professional or service provider and client circumstances.

Nachteile

I feel like the spirit of development in software, for the purpose of disparaging the client, of a completely different and separate supposition of relation, whatsoever, in regards to the original purpose of meeting with these developers, is simply wrong and unprofessional. These developers cause a significant problem in a different locality between people who are not housed in downtown Los Angeles, on the incident that happened witnessed, and whatever the story was in my head about what anyone might think about such an influx of people in to the area, which is all too common, in various ways;

On top of that, they're plotted right at 222 S. Hill St. 7th floor, Los Angeles, CA, 90012, and they do events of disparagement against me and my family commonly, while trying to suppose that their self esteem is supported and is superior, while homeless and mentally ill bullying and stalking victims are inferior, on account of group brute strength over an individual. They run ostensibly false and slight charity drives for supposedly unfortunate other people.

Rajesh
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Kundenbetreuung
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 10.0 /10

Best tool to manage products easliy

Bewertet am 28.2.2024

Vorteile

Mostly I liked task creation which is very simple. and from a single platform, you can talk with clients as well as can do personal chats with clients from it.

Nachteile

This has no feature of select time intervals suppose at this time this task should be finished.

Nichole
Nichole
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Kundenbetreuung
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 9.0 /10

The best all in one HQ for remote teams

Bewertet am 13.10.2020

Overall, I love the way it feels like a virtual headquarters for your company where employees can...

Overall, I love the way it feels like a virtual headquarters for your company where employees can chat, stay up to date with projects, and post all related docs and files, and integrate schedules, but in order to get the best experience with running an office remotely there is such limitation and little customization available. This is a great start, but you still need to use other tools to get a comprehensive set of tools to run and operate your business.

Vorteile

I love the fact that basecamp feels like a virtual office. The dashboard looks like virtual rooms that one can enter depending on the department you want to access. Basecamp has many features to make it feel like you're at the office like the different departments with access to files, chat, project management , to-do's, groups, and a link to schedule your time and tasks and keep track of meetings.

Nachteile

There is very little customization that can be done besides adding a company logo, and setting up your departments, groups and selecting which features to incorporate into the department tiles. I would love to be able to custom colorize the look and feel to make it more unique and visual, but there are limitations. Each tile that can be used for departments or projects, also have very little room for customization and you're not able to create any unique features besides your standard to dos, schedule, chat, and files.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

monday.com und Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Basecamp

ability to have employees connect in one place rather than just working separately and feeling disconnected
Ryan
Ryan
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Kundenbetreuung
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 10.0 /10

Basecamp allows me to track my team's progress easily and efficiently

Bewertet am 11.4.2020

I've used Basecamp for my team for several years now. The communications solutions, file management...

I've used Basecamp for my team for several years now. The communications solutions, file management services and archival features are all excellent. As an administrator and user, I highly recommend Basecamp for any organization with several ongoing and simultaneous projects.

Vorteile

Basecamp is a project management solution that allows me to stay on top of my team's projects with ease. Projects can be categorized and organized so that only members working on a particular project are exposed to the communications and back and forth. We use Basecamp as our primary solution because it is easy to implement and onboard, simple to use and has a robust set of features that are among the best in the industry for what we need.

Nachteile

My only complaint is that the different versions of Basecamp have different features. For example, the version we use does not allow for time tracking. While this is not necessary, as we don't bill out by the quarter hour, it would be a nice feature that would allow me to better understand how long certain tasks take my team members. If Basecamp had universal features across all versions, this would be a miracle solution.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Jira und Confluence

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Basecamp

Basecamp is simply more user friendly for my organization. We didn't want to use the same ticketing system that our dev ops or IT uses because we had differing needs.
Andrew
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Bedienkomfort
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 9.0 /10

Game Changer

Bewertet am 12.9.2023

At first, I was skeptical that BaseCamp would be any different than other software we used (e.g.,...

At first, I was skeptical that BaseCamp would be any different than other software we used (e.g., Trello & Slack), but the immediate difference when we went live was noticeable. As a company leader, I instantly noticed product market fit as the team embraced using BaseCamp as their preferred means of managing tasks, communication, and projects without top-down pressure. We haven't looked back since and it enabled us to work effectively as an entirely remote team before, during, and after the pandemic.

Vorteile

Assigning task ownership, deadlines, to-do, and the card management system for kanban/pull processes.

Nachteile

I want to get more out of the timeline feature. It's a great idea, but I haven't been able to leverage it for project management timeline communication effectively.

Krizzia
Krizzia
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Täglich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Kundenbetreuung
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 7.0 /10

"Tons of emails!"

Bewertet am 18.3.2021

I would definitely use this tool for the next few years or so as it helped shed some light on my...

I would definitely use this tool for the next few years or so as it helped shed some light on my tasks. With basecamp, I can rapidly collaborate with my clients and I like that it's fast and not lagging. Updates are real-time and I can easily track my progress throughout the day. Hopefully, the emails get fewer. It's just terrible most of the time.

Vorteile

As a VA freelancer, I am overloaded with tasks every day on my plate. Good thing basecamp happened because its UI is so simple for a first-timer and I can easily navigate the tool and its nooks and crannies. The features, especially Campfire and Shared Files/ Docs, have been very helpful as I have to communicate daily to my clients and it's crucial that they see the amount of work that I've done every day for their ease.

Nachteile

I can't thread comments. I get lost every time I track my clients' instructions about some tasks needed for the day. Also, there are too many emails in my inbox, it's a burden already because it results in overlooking the most important ones.

Haleema
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Personalwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 8.0 /10

Basecamp usage from a freelancer's perspective

Bewertet am 10.9.2023

Excellent. Would highly recommend it to other freelancers like myself.

Excellent. Would highly recommend it to other freelancers like myself.

Vorteile

It had a simple UI which was easy to use and always on point. It did not have any fluff and it did not require me to spend an additional 5 minutes to interpret each page. It was also easier for my clients from smaller towns (who were not as tech friendly) to adopt to.

Nachteile

The page would look cluttered at times when it had too many tasks and schedules put together. For someone like me who puts a high priority on UI, this was not very appealing. Incorporating grids/tabular format could have made it appear more organized.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

monday.com

Warum Basecamp gewählt wurde

The UI in Basecamp was more on point and easier for my clients from smaller towns to use. I did not have to dedicate additional hours for training/onboarding them

Zuvor genutzte Software

monday.com
Sam
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 9.0 /10

Great for some users

Bewertet am 1.12.2023

Vorteile

I liked the simple design and functionality. The software works how it is supposed to and isn't trying to be more than exactly what it is.

Nachteile

If just wasn't at good at some of the things it did than other specialized tools. It wasn't as good as Slack at chat and async collaboration in chat. It wasn't as good at task management as Trello. It could do those things, but our team just preferred having multiple more specialized/feature-rich tools.

Christopher
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Kundenbetreuung
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 10.0 /10

Gather around the fire, Basecamp is here!

Bewertet am 7.8.2019

Basecamp felt fun to use and really made us feel that we were optimizing our workflows in terms of...

Basecamp felt fun to use and really made us feel that we were optimizing our workflows in terms of assigning tasks and work flows.

Vorteile

Basecamp's user interface has changed over the years and has become for easier for clients and client facing individuals. Basecamp became a part of a sales pitch in terms of giving access to clients to a platform where we were accessible and there to help them.

Nachteile

Basecamp has a lot of bells and whistles that are not immediately apparent. We did have to do a little digging under the hood in order to take advantage of some key features!

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Scoro , Hive und Asana

Warum Basecamp gewählt wurde

Basecamp was an easier platform for us to engage clients and keep everyone on the same page! Trello felt a little outdated in terms of having swim lanes for each task.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Trello

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Basecamp

Basecamp's friendly user interface and accessible onboarding features made it easier for users at my previous organization to adopt the platform. I would recommend this to any budding business who wants to manage workloads/workflows and keep their client engaged and excited about the service being provided!
Ellie
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Kundenbetreuung
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 10.0 /10

A Really Good Project Management Tool!

Bewertet am 15.12.2019

Bringing Basecamp into the organization wasn’t difficult. The system was easy and simple to...

Bringing Basecamp into the organization wasn’t difficult. The system was easy and simple to integrate. My team loves it! We hare very satisfied with Basecamp.

Vorteile

Prior to basecamp, my organization was unorganized and working organically, there was no structure or timelines to our projects. Basecamp brought all that and MORE! It’s so simple to use and assign team members the tasks. It has a great user interface structure. There’s not a day that goes by where I’m not on Basecamp. It made such a positive impact in my organization!

Nachteile

When it comes to tracking, Basecamp doesn’t give a good overview of this. You need to consistent check what tasks have been completed and which ones aren’t. I hope they make an improvement on the Gantt Charts along with full project reports!

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Wrike

Warum Basecamp gewählt wurde

Wrike was a great tool but lacked the ability to collaborate that Basecamp offers with its message boards and campfire.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Wrike

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Basecamp

Basecamp’s price and overall system is what my team needed. Wrike is great but a bit too “intense” for my team.
Clayton
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Kundenbetreuung
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 10.0 /10

Hands-down my favorite project management software

Bewertet am 25.2.2020

I really love Basecamp. It is simple, powerful, and gets out of your way so you can get work done....

I really love Basecamp. It is simple, powerful, and gets out of your way so you can get work done. It has replaced about three other apps (including Slack) for our team. In Basecamp communication is now centered on getting things done and improving our products versus just chatting. There is an ideology to understand when using Basecamp but if you can adopt that you will be more productive and less stressed about getting work done.

Vorteile

Very affordable especially considering how many other solutions it replaces. Very clean minimal interface that gets out of your way and lets you get work done. Very fast and reliable. The mobile app is fantastic as well.

Nachteile

There is a little bit of a learning curve with the single page interface but that is be design.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Trello und Asana

Warum Basecamp gewählt wurde

We needed a new system that was focused on action and not just words. A single source of truth.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Slack

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Basecamp

Ideology and price.
Jonathan
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Täglich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Kundenbetreuung
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 8.0 /10

Great choice for team discussion, file sharing and basic task tracking

Bewertet am 31.8.2020

Our overall experience has been great. We were using a custom-built tool for team communication,...

Our overall experience has been great. We were using a custom-built tool for team communication, but ultimately decided that Basecamp just has more features and will save us a lot of cash in the long run versus building the tool ourselves. It's nice that there is a flat charge for the service, instead of charging by the user like some other services do. This saves us a considerable amount of money.

Vorteile

It was very easy to setup and get going. We just invited our team members in with each of their email addresses and it handled the rest. Our entire team found it easy to create their account or do a social login.

We use it primarily as a message board and chat system on our team. I really like how the entire message board is searchable, which is useful for finding things later on. "Remember when we talked about XYZ", and you can just search for XYZ and it shows up quickly. The calendar and file sharing has also come in handy for simple things, though it's not as robust as using something like Google Calendar or Google Drive.

Basecamp also has a useful API that we've used to pull some data out of their system and display it in our other systems.

The mobile app works great. It's probably one of the best designed apps I've ever used, to be honest. It makes it easy to talk with the team while on-the-go.

Nachteile

I was hoping for some kind of wiki system to be included with Basecamp. You can kinda make up your own wiki using specific categories on the message board and file sharing, but it's not quite the same. A wiki would be really helpful for internal documentation.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Basecamp

Basecamp seemed better suited for the team communication that we were going for. The Message Board has worked perfectly for us. However, if our needs were more focused on task management, then I think Asana would have been a better tool. Basecamp's task management is essentially a team-based to-do list that is fine but lacking some of the advanced features of its competitors.
Shannon
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Täglich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Bedienkomfort
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 8.0 /10

Feature Rich and Effective for Project Management

Bewertet am 25.1.2021

I signed up for Basecamp to work within a client's Basecamp processes, and now I use it to manage...

I signed up for Basecamp to work within a client's Basecamp processes, and now I use it to manage most everything that I work on in collaboration with others. It makes a lot of sense and is intuitive once you accustom to how the projects and to-do lists work.

Vorteile

The ability to add clients to a project and hide them from information within the project is SO handy. We use that feature a lot for internal to-dos and managing the client without them seeing behind-the-scenes.

Nachteile

To-do lists are pretty basic. You can assign to a person and add a date, but if you are used to feature-rich todo lists (embedded images, color coding, sub-checklists in a to-do, etc) then you will be disappointed. And although I find the "me" tab easy and intuitive, when we add new members to a project they almost universally struggle in the first weeks to really use Basecamp to its highest functionality.

Chuck
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Kundenbetreuung
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 10.0 /10

Basecamp is irreplaceable! Trust me, we actually tried too Lol!

Bewertet am 11.2.2021

We use base camp for each department. Every team has their own project. Within each project is...

We use base camp for each department. Every team has their own project. Within each project is every teams important training documents documents, files, and weekly tasks. We use the ping feature for group messages. It has made file sharing very easy. Many of our documents have to be referenced by several different at various times throughout the year. Basecamp makes it simple to keep up with these documents.

Vorteile

Basecamp has been an amazing product for us for years now! It allows us to manage projects in events by keeping to do lists, files, and instructions all in one place.The team I manage uses it to assign tasks, communicate between team members and keep up with conversations so we can reference them later, and , keep track of files and receipts. Every document and system that our team members need access to can be attained in one place. There is a little bit of a learning curve at first but it makes sense very quickly the more you use it.

Nachteile

There is a little bit of a learning curve at first but it makes sense very quickly the more you use it. There are really only two things that I dislike about Basecamp but I’ve learned to live with them for now. 1.). There is a great variety of ways to send communication. You can send a ping (which is kind of like an instant message), You can make a comment on the general message board of each project, you can comment on the calendar item, you can comment on the task item itself, and you can comment on individual files you add. At first it seems real handy but once you start adding multiple projects it can sometimes be difficult to go back and figure out where a conversation happened. Thankfully the search icon works rather well in these instances but not always. The way we have gotten around this is to make sure our Team is clearly instructed on what features we will use to communicate various kinds of information. 2.) there is a feature called haystack. This functions as your personal inbox letting you know what due dates are approaching, what tasks were recently assigned, and what conversations have happened recently that you need to be part of. However, once you click on an item it disappears immediately from your inbox. So when you see something important, you need to respond or add a personal to do immediately. I wish it didn’t delete until you told it to delete like a normal email inbox. This way you could come back to the message and deal with it at a better time.

Melanie Latrelle
Melanie Latrelle
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Design
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Kundenbetreuung
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 9.0 /10

So glad I found Basecamp!!

Bewertet am 10.8.2022

I've had a great experience with Basecamp. I've collaborated with a number of projects on this tool...

I've had a great experience with Basecamp. I've collaborated with a number of projects on this tool and it's been essential in managing my projects. Since I'm in the growing phases of my business, I SO glad they have a free feature that allows me to use 3 free projects. Once I reach a level where I have a team and I'm serving more clients, then I can see myself getting the Basecamp paid plan.

Thank you for offering such a great product!

Vorteile

Another designer recommended Basecamp for managing web design projects. This product allows me to keep everything for my client projects in one place! I like being able to collaborate with clients on a timeline and assigning them tasks. The chat feature is very helpful. I like that we can upload all their documents and even link to Google documents. The mobile is very useful for doing business on the go.

I can really stay organized with Basecamp and it keeps me accountable with timelines. I love that I can make it client-facing so there is a level of transparency on timelines.

I can use this tool to do all communications with clients and not have a string of emails to go through.

Nachteile

I've been going back and forth with the documents section and if I should use Google Drive to store documents or if I should use Basecamp. People are most familiar with Google Drive, however when I educate and train them on how to use Basecamp, then it will help them be more comfortable with navigating the software.

I would like training videos for clients to be able to get an overview of how to get the most of Basecamp while working together. If Basecamp doesn't have a video overview, then this will be something that I can work on.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

ClickUp und Asana

Warum Basecamp gewählt wurde

It was recommended to my by another designer and she said she used it for everything related to her projects. I was sold when she said she didn't email clients anymore! I was like YES! This is what I need. I get annoyed with the lost email chains and I wanted an all in one tool where I could email the client and also email designs and mockups. Asana didn't do well with emailing images to clients. They were blurry and hard to find on the email.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Basecamp

Basecamp has an easy to use interface. It allows me to share design mockups, email and live chat with clients (I've used this messaging feature a lot), store documents and keep projects on timeline. I really like the home page dashboard for each project. It's SO clear and easy to understand! Each section is labeled clearly and easy to use.
Rony
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Kundenbetreuung
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 8.0 /10

A Seamless Collaboration Experience With Basecamp

Bewertet am 23.6.2023

My overall experience with Basecamp had its ups and downs. On one hand, the platform offered a...

My overall experience with Basecamp had its ups and downs. On one hand, the platform offered a user-friendly interface and comprehensive project management tools that streamlined our collaboration efforts. The real-time messaging and file sharing capabilities were convenient for team communication. However, I encountered occasional technical glitches and experienced a learning curve when navigating some of the advanced features. The lack of robust customization options and the higher pricing compared to alternatives were also minor drawbacks. Despite the challenges, Basecamp proved to be a reliable tool for enhancing teamwork and project organization.

Vorteile

Basecamp is a game-changer for collaboration, boosting productivity and communication with its intuitive interface and powerful features. It's simplicity and organized layout make project navigation effortless. The comprehensive project management tools, including task assignment and milestone tracking, ensure efficient workflow management. Real-time messaging and integrated file sharing enhance seamless communication. Basecamp's emphasis on transparency and mobile app accessibility further enhance the collaborative experience. Highly recommended for streamlined teamwork.

Nachteile

While Basecamp offers a range of impressive features, there were a few areas that left something to be desired. One drawback was the limited customization options. I found myself wishing for more flexibility in tailoring the platform to our specific project needs. Additionally, the absence of time-tracking capabilities was a missed opportunity for tracking individual and team productivity. I also experienced occasional performance lags, particularly when the platform was accessed by multiple users simultaneously. Lastly, the pricing structure felt a bit on the higher side compared to some competitors. Despite these shortcomings, Basecamp remains a solid collaboration tool, but it could benefit from addressing these areas of improvement to further enhance the user experience.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

monday.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Basecamp

After carefully evaluating various alternatives, I ultimately chose Basecamp as my go-to collaboration tool for several compelling reasons. Firstly, it's user-friendly interface and intuitive design stood out, making it easy for my team to adopt and navigate. Secondly, the comprehensive project management features provided everything we needed to stay organized and efficient. The real-time messaging and integrated file-sharing capabilities were also superior to other options we considered. Furthermore, Basecamp's emphasis on transparency and accountability aligned perfectly with our team's values. Lastly, it's reliable performance and consistent updates gave me confidence that Basecamp would meet our long-term collaboration needs.
Russell S
Russell S
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Kundenbetreuung
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 7.0 /10

Great idea for team management!

Bewertet am 16.1.2019

Allows my team to stay organized, communicate effectively, and accomplish tasks all from one...

Allows my team to stay organized, communicate effectively, and accomplish tasks all from one platform!

Vorteile

Basecamp is classified as a project management platform, but I see it as more than that. It's a digital space that enables your team to all be on the same page and up-to-date. Here are some things I love about that platform:
- It has a very simple design and feel. It's extremely "boiled down" and there's no reason to worry about less techy folks getting lost. It's easy to learn to use and navigate the platform.
- It organizes everything in one place, so it's easy to find key documents, hold individuals accountable, find help, etc. There's no email chains, certain things saved in the Cloud, while other things are saved on someone's computer - it's all there.
- When you enter a project folder, I like that there are really three categories for communication. Things that need to be done are filed in the "to do" thread, on-going communication/questions occur through the "message" thread, and just general questions or thoughts or concerns can be posed through the "campfire" thread. This is simple idea, but is really quite brilliant. It allows your team to rank or categorize the message they're about to send (Is this urgent? Is this a general question? Is this a task that needs we need to get done?). This really provides structure that effective teams need.
- Another cool feature is that in that you have access to all of the important, shared files in the project folder. I would compare that to "team drives" on Drive, if you're familiar.

Nachteile

Basecamp is not too technical, it feels human-friendly! But because of this, you do occasionally find yourself looking for something more, a feature that would really be helpful. For example, the to do lists could be a little more robust (graphics, attachments, etc.). Another idea would be to add a bit of customization. I understand the desire to maintain simplicity, but just the ability to add your brand would be a nice feature or even change the color designs. Not crucial, but would be nice.

Walter
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Großhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Kundenbetreuung
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 4.0 /10

Organizational Tool - but not export or import friendly

Bewertet am 16.7.2019

Overall, Basecamp is a good solution easy to manage but its inability to export into different...

Overall, Basecamp is a good solution easy to manage but its inability to export into different formats, which its competitors do provide, might cause most of their users to switch to another platform, like us.

Apart from the issue highlighted above, I think basecamp is a great tool to add, update, notify and manage any task, be it tech-related or sales related. As I have been through technical support, sales and then e-commerce sales of my company I think this tool would be very handy.

Vorteile

It is easy to enter, search and assign tasks in this online tool. As an E-Commerce Manager, I find it easy to enter our online order information, keep track of them with due dates, assign tasks to my team members and update our higher management on the goals and their progress.

Nachteile

The Export feature of this online tool is the worst!! I have tried contacting their support about exporting my tasks to excel or CSV format and they informed me that they do not have that option. We receive over 200 to 600 + orders a month which we have to keep track of, this helps us do that, but when our account manager asks me to get him details of orders then my life goes to hell. It takes me 2-4 days to extract all the data and organize it and send it to our accounts manager. This is the RED Flag for me for this software, I have my team looking at other options to switch to, however, if they do incorporate it, I have no problem sticking to Basecamp.

Another thing I would like to point out, which is not a red flag or an issue but in the last month we had basecamp service unavailable or crash twice. Since it is a company solution, we are using, and I have been using it for the past 3 years, I never had seen this issue, maybe an upgrade in their services or some other bug is causing this but it did happen. Hope it does not happen again as it will affect our work seriously.

USMAN ZAFAR
USMAN ZAFAR
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Kundenbetreuung
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 10.0 /10

Best and All-In-One Toolkit for Working Remotely 😊

Bewertet am 29.5.2021

Vorteile

Our team is using Basecamp since 2019 and all the things are managed and well settled because of Basecamp. Our messages, schedules to do the tasks, our important documents, our conversations regarding the projects and tasks are safe and well managed on Basecamp.
Some of the best and helpful features are:
1. Message Board: You can post announcements, pitch ideas and check progress with daily and on time updates.
2. To-do's: Best option is to set the to-do option in which one can easily make lists of the work or task the you want to get done, set due dates for a tasks and much more.
3. Schedule: You can set important dates on a schedule and can subscribe events in google calendar, Outlook or ical.
4. Docs and files: Easiest and helpful thing us to share the files with teams but the exciting thing is that you can upload and share docs, files, images and spreadsheets with your team and organize in folder as yiu want so they're easy to find.
5. Group chat: You don't need to talk to your teammates using your mobile number here in Basecamp you can easily chat with group members, ask random and important questions relevant to your queries and share stuff without any problem.
In simple, Basecamp is the best platform that have the tools for any company or firm includes all the tools all teams need to work together.

Keep everyone in the loop without all the meetings.

Nachteile

As I'm using Basecamp without facing any problem so a big Thank you to the Basecamp team. All the tools and features are very helpful. Even one can try Basecamp free trial without any credit card requirement. You can enjoy free trial then you can select package according to your needs and requirements. I hope you really enjoy it. One suggestion to Basecamp team is that please add special package and tools for teachers and students. In covid-19 situation every school and college facing problems in online learning, I suggest to add special LMS features for education side. Again Thanks

Verifizierter Rezensent
Gesamtbewertung
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter
  • Täglich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
  • Quelle der Bewertung

Gesamtbewertung

  • Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis
  • Bedienkomfort
  • Kundenbetreuung
  • Weiterempfehlungsquote 9.0 /10

Basecamp for final year university students who doing final year projects.

Bewertet am 3.12.2021

Overall one of the best software which I was use and its functionality , scope , workability are...

Overall one of the best software which I was use and its functionality , scope , workability are outstanding. I actually like the main concept of the software and It was give massive support to our project for getting successes in the worst situations like these pandemic periods. I was suggest this software to my other colleagues on the university whose also got trouble with doing their final year projects.

Vorteile

When me and my final year project group members starting the project, the first problem which we were faced is how we get collaborate with each others on this task. Because university was closed due to pandemic situation and we were limited to our homes. So we do some research on the way to overcome with this problem and we met the Basecamp. First I like the main idea of the software because it will be one of the most useful software in this pandemic situation. Lot of projects were stopped due to this pandemic situation and at that time Basecamp provide a good platform to collaborate the people. And another favourite feature on the software is the chat option. It is very useful to each of our members to get interact with each others and shear their ideas in the occasion. The options like progress tracking ,achievement reach, To do listing are very use full for us to assigned each members for their roles and guide our project to in proper way in the correct time. The client portal of the software is another favourite item of mine because it was very helpful to our lecturers to interact with us and observe our project for supervising us to get successful on our project.

Nachteile

When get starting with the software we had to get use with it first and it was taken some time because this was a whole new platform to us. So I think it will be better if it has some introduction and guiding tips to get familiars with it. When interacting with our lectures using client portal we felt the important of that short learning curve of the soft wear because they would not like to spend their valuable time to waste such a thing. Some of other software we use couldn't get sync with the basecamp so we wish to have that option on the soft wear. Other than that basecamp is one of the best software in functional wise and also a concept wise.