Lightspeed is the leading provider of cloud-based POS software for retailers and restaurateurs. Its intuitive interface and complete set of functionalities have helped customers increase their sales by up to 20% in the first year, all while saving valuable time on day-today tasks. Access built-in reports, sales data and customer information at anytime from your iPad, Mac, tablet or PC (Lightspeed Retail only). Plus, whether you want to add a location, add an integration or just ask a question, Lightspeed specialists remain available 24/7 to provide you with unlimited, one on one support. It's not surprising nearly 50,000 customers worldwide trust Lightspeed's robust POS solutions to take their businesses to the next level.
Lightspeed POS features
Free Onboarding & 24/7 Support
- Benefit from a dedicated team who help you get started in a 1:1 session.
- Get live chat, email and phone support with our support heros located around the world.
- Intuitive, easy-to-learn interface for your employees.
- Create a simple and logical workflow that suits your business.
- Customizable user permissions give you full control over employees’ access to your system.
- Track sales by employee and access performance reports for your staff.
- Control employee access to information such as refunds, the ability to edit products and pricing, or view sales data.
Customer relationship management:
- Track sales history for a more efficient shopping or dining experience and more personalized sales approach across channels
- Record customer information and use it to inform them about deals or new arrivals or their favourite dishes
- Track sales and inventory numbers with reports that make it easy to see sales, profits and changes over time.
- Identify opportunities for growth and business improvement.
- Learn which employees are your top performers.
- Get a clear view of your customers’ needs and habits.
- Pull-up end of day reports to access key data that will help you prepare for peak periods and better understand your customers’ needs.
- Access all this data from your device anytime, from anywhere.
Lightspeed Retail Features:
- Easily create product variations such as size, color and material by using the efficient matrix system.
- Combine purchasing, transferring and multiple vendors into one master order.
- Process special orders, layaways and work orders.
- Create, track, and assign serial numbers to products.
- Bundle individual items to sell them as a package.
Hardware & payments:
- Integrate your system with hardware such as barcode scanners and cash drawers to reduce checkout times.
- Reduce credit card fraud with EMV.
- Accept all major credit cards and Apple Pay®.
- Sell in-store and online with Lightspeed’s fully integrated eCommerce solution, Lightspeed eCom.
- Get a centralized view of your inventory, customers and sales data across in-store and online channels.
Our network of over 250 integration partners allows you to tailor Lightspeed to your business’ needs
Lightspeed Restaurant features
Menu and floorplan:
- Easily create discounts that automatically apply to customer groups, promotional events or specific items.
- Combining tables or moving them around is as simple as tap and drag.
- Present menu items complete with photos, descriptions and prices.
- Make quick updates to your floorplan.
Ordering and payments:
- Smartphone and tablet-based tableside orders are sent directly to the kitchen or bar.
- Cut down on the time it takes for customers to get their orders.
- Easily split or combine bills.
- Offer flexible payment options.
- Servers can take orders directly from the iPad for quicker service and more accurate orders.
- Process gift cards
- Internet down? Don't sweat it. Lightspeed Restaurant POS works online or offline with a full feature set
- Your data is kept safe even if your terminal is permanently damaged.
- Look up customer information for take-out or delivery orders.
- Liteserver stays up at all times, so operations go on as usual. Once a connection is reestablished, your data is automatically synced.
- Add the Kitchen Display System module for optimized communication between the kitchen and the front of the house.
- Add the Customer Facing Display module to optimize communication between your staff and customers.
- Add the Self Order Menu module to allow customers to place their own orders.
Our network of over 250 integration partners allows you to tailor Lightspeed to your business’ specific needs such as accounting, delivery or loyalty programs.
We've been open a little over three years. When we first opened, we explored over a dozen Point of Sale systems including Revel, Shopkeep, Vend, Lightspeed Retail, Square, and several others. We decided on Lightspeed, but discovered they didn't have a clear roadmap for Apple Pay, and so we went with our second choice, Shopkeep.
Shopkeep was fantastic for the first year, but as our inventory grew (we carry over 10,000 unique SKUs), it's inventory management features started to feel sluggish, and receiving orders each week started to take a significant amount of time. During our second year, we started reevaluating all the players again, and setup a trial account with Lightspeed Retail.
Certain things seemed counter intuitive at first - if we mistakenly created an item, we couldn't simply delete it, for example. This is because Lightspeed Retail strives to preserve all financial and transactional data; since an item could contain a sales history, it can't be deleted. Instead, it's archived, and can be restored to visibility with the click of a button. Over time, we've come to appreciate this feature, and the sheer amount of data that is provided through the system.
Inventory Counts can be done quickly - grab an iPad and a bar code scanner, and just start scanning items on your slat wall, shelf, or other display area. When you're done, you can review the counts, reconcile them, and get information on shrinkage, etc.
Acquiring product and receiving it is a breeze. We can build our POs in Lightspeed Retail - using trigger points or by simply adding items to an open PO. We can then email that PO directly to our distributor, who processes it. When the items come in, we can quickly receive them either using a barcode scanner, keying in the item counts line by line, or doing a visual confirmation and clicking the "receive everything and do the right thing" buttons. Printing labels with barcodes is a breeze.
What really sets Lightspeed apart is their service. I can honestly say that I have no idea how to setup the label printer on our Lightspeed system, because whenever we install a new laptop or desktop that needs access, I simply chat with Lightspeed support and they remote into our system and do the right thing. When we set our printer up the first time, the print was a little too far to the left for my liking. They tweaked the templates on the fly, with me offering help like "No, a little more to the right" until it was done. They're insanely helpful.
- Excellent Purchase Order Workflow
- Easy tool to do inventory counts quickly
- (Beta) Import Tool makes it easy to bulk load new items, or update existing ones
- Supports custom fields to add additional information to items (Release Dates, for example)
- Phone and online support is fantastic
- May seem pricey if you aren't leveraging all the features
- Limited barcode scanner compatibly
- Custom fields are not currently searchable
Verteilung der Bewertung
I was hired as an IT pro to migrate a customer to Lightspeed. I have just under a decade in migrating large platforms and I have worked with numerous vendors over the years. Based on my experience, you can quickly assess which companies are "Sales Based" and possess no real infrastructure beyond the "Sale". These companies usually have very slick front-end websites, but fall very short when assisting paying customers to actually make use of the service. It is unfortunate that Lightspeed falls into this category. Lot's of promises up front, but obtaining capable support is not possible. Despite escalation and numerous phone calls and emails, not a single return contact was made within a week's time. To be sure, you can get a tier 1 person within usually a day, but they are untrained and are able to answer only simplistic questions. When a request for a supervisor is made or an escalation is requested, communications cease. Compounding this problem is the telephone "Firewall" they have erected around anyone empowered to address even the most basic of concerns. Over a week's time, I have been told supervisors are "Not Available" and will "Call Back" as soon as is possible. A weeks time to return a call to a paying customer is (far) more than sufficient time to allow. Unfortunately, once Lightspeed has your money, you as the customer are "SOL"! As a seasoned professional, it is my opinion that Lightspeed is a poorly run company and shows a troubling and dismissive attitude towards its paying customers. This "treatment" of its clients is well reflected in the reviews here. I am NOT a Lightspeed customer, as I am hired to work between the client and Lightspeed. As an IT professional, watching how this company treats its paying clientele has been disturbing.
Is very flexible, can be made pretty (if you can figure out the documentation), and does interface with other modules
The company, the company attitude, and the support it provides to paying customers. The experience during the "Sale" was filled with promises of support and help to move from a new account to a finished "Go-Live" product. Unfortunately, the Lightspeed platform is highly proprietary and therefore, success for most is dependent upon satisfactory support from the company. Here, they fall short of success and short of the promises made. When attempting to work with the company, they fall short again, lacking any of tier 2 or 3 technicians needed to satisfy anything more than a basic question. This leaves so many of the customers without any real ability to make use of what they were sold. This is a company predicated on "Sales", "Sales Pitches" and "Promises", but fails to deliver on what was promised and paid for.
Verteilung der Bewertung
Overall the software is amazing and the good outweighs the bad and a tested about 10 different PoS softwares when I was shopping around and none of them encompass everything I have mentioned so i know my expectations are very high....which is why I state again...if they added in these features it would make them industry leaders and really a phenomenal PoS system. (its 90% of the way there for me...just a few more features and if would be the best)
The integration with xero accounting has been a true time saver for my business. It transfers all sales data at the end of the day seamlessly so I don't have to. The ability to use the front end off site has been super helpful as well as it doesn't tie me down to the store and I can do a lot of my work on the go. Creating products, invoicing clients, setting up the main screen custom to what I want is extremely simple once you run through it once.
Theres a few simple features that are missing from the PoS software which I would like to see integrated and would make it hands down the best in the industry for small businesses.
1) Getting an integrated payment terminal that accepts chip, pay pass and swipe options would avoid any mistakes between manually punching in the amounts on the debit/credit machine and would avoid any back end work after the day closes to be able to balance the day
2) Allowing me to enter the details of the invoices (supplier name, invoice number, total amount being paid, gst, pst, etc.) that are being paid out on a daily basis and having that information transferred to xero would alleviate tons of paper work after the close of the day.
3) There is no way to pull out a month end statement for corporate clients that pay their account once a month. Checks have to be cross referenced manually with the bills that have been put on tab. You should be able to at the very least select which tab invoices are being paid from the list of invoices on the clients account. This would show which ones are outstanding at a glance rather than having to refer back to the paper invoices that the system creates.
4) A front facing screen to display pricing of items being charged, advertisements, and other information is something I have been asking for since day 1 (3 years now). And I would love to see this feature incorporated.
5) Having the ability to offer a discount for a bulk purchase is something that should be automatic.
Verteilung der Bewertung
Nice user interface. Good features for a shop that does service work. Cloud-based software makes it easy and convenient.
Our bike shop has been using Lightspeed for 5 years now, first with their Mac based software, and then with their cloud based software (Lightspeed Retail). There are many great things about the software, but on the whole I would not recommend a small business owner to hitch their cart to this company. There are significant bugs, inventory control is a disaster, but worst of all, fundamentally Lightspeed does not care about their customers. What Lightspeed cares about is their roadmap which in most cases doesn't deal with fundemental issues that their customers have been bringing up for years - if you have any doubt on this, look at their "ideas" page where top voted on features and requests have sat dormant for years.
My frustration has boiled over due to an issue with the way their inventory system works, and the way their customer service team has responded to my pleading that they at least give me an ETA on a fix. Here's the backstory: Lightspeed does a very peculiar thing which is that it will auto-add inventory if a product is sold but does not exist in inventory. Not only this, but Lightspeed will auto-check-in inventory off of POs if a product is sold. Now this in and of itself is a disaster as far as accountability is concerned: how is one supposed to track POs when product mysteriously gets checked in! But the worst part is that there is a bug in their system which will auto-check-in product off of POs if product is put into a work order. Doesn't matter if said product is sold or not, it will check-in the product regardless, causing a nightmare scenario where we are trying to figure out what POs have truly been received, and which POs Lightspeed has decided to receive automatically.
I brought this issue up for the first time around 6 months ago, and never got any solid response on a fix. I contacted support in April again. After a lot of back and forth about whether this was a real problem (like I love spending time contacting support) the support tech Derrick agreed that this was an issue. I asked for an ETA. No ETA was available.
I followed up a month later in May. Still no ETA, but Derrick assured me this was a priority, but also assured my significant problem that is causing myself and my staff time and frustration and vigilance and additional systems and workflows to remedy is "an extreme edge case scenario so I'm curious about how it could be causing you significant workflow issues."
So now we are in July. This supposedly "high priority" "extreme edge case" bug is still not fixed. No ETA. No communication. Since we started experiencing this issue Lightspeed has stuck an e-commerce link in the middle of the navigation bar and continued to work on integrating their e-commerece into every other cranny of the software, even if you don't use their e-commerce. They've added a new feature called Analytics which costs additional monthly fees. Their API is still slow and unsupported. Their App marketplace is effectively a Potemkin village of fake apps with no real syncing with the silo that is Lightspeed.
The promises of a cloud based POS are so great, but Lightspeed does not deliver. If you are looking to invest time and energy in a retail POS platform, I would strongly encourage you to look elsewhere. Lightspeed looks very slick on the surface, and it is quite good in many ways, but the underlying company culture does not put their customers first.
Verteilung der Bewertung
I run a tiny seasonal business for which this system was intended. If someone is unhappy with my service, refunding their money is not always my first approach, but if I know that I've fallen short on service, I absolutely look for a fair solution. I was fine with keeping the hardware originally sent to me and even paying for the time lapse on the software, but to say that all software sales are final when they are the one that set the contract lengths to being with is just shady and downright distasteful. It's not like they put money into developing software just for my company. In fact, any time I tried to get support to help tweak things, their support team seemed more annoyed than willing to help. Stay away from these guys.
I barely used this product. What sold me on it initially were the demos in being able to have a simple interface for my employees on both the retail and restaurant side and a much more detailed backend than square that supposedly integrates nicely with Quickbooks.
I was very specific about my operating needs. I am also very busy with small children and multiple businesses. The onboarding was described as very simple, and it was not. I needed three systems, and was told that was what I was paying for. They shot me an invoice which I did not read thoroughly enough. They put in fine print on the invoice that the invoice and payment is acceptance or their sales terms which you have to then go to their website to read. Once I asked for the hardware items that they did not send me, they also charged me for a bunch of extra software that were not part of the original sales discussion or even the second sales discussion. They never refunded me for two years of unused software when I decided that I was not interested in doing business with such a shady company. No class.
Verteilung der Bewertung
We're dedicated to building not just the best point of sale, but the best retail management tools. That's why all of our products support:
- Desktop & iPad: Process payments on the floor and engage your customers by getting away from the counter.
- Inventory Control: Track your stock, submit purchase orders, and even set up automatic re-order points.
- eCommerce: Extend your retail presence by syncing your existing inventory to your integrated web store.
- Integrated Payments: Plug in a card swipe and process credit card payments without an external terminal.
Weiter unter folgen häufig gestellte Fragen über Lightspeed POS.
Lightspeed POS bietet folgende Kostenpläne an:
Beginnt ab: $69/Monat
Preismodell: Einmalige Lizenz, Abonnement
Kostenlose Testversion: Verfügbar
(Prices are in USD based on an annual plan, on a per store basis.)
Small package $99 / month
(1 register, 5 employees)
Medium package $169 / month
(2 registers, 10 employees)
Large package $289 / month
(4 registers, 20 employees)
(Prices are in USD based on an annual plan, on a per store basis.)
Small package $69 / month
(1 POS station)
Medium package $129 / month
(Up to 3 POS stations)
Large package $198 / month
(Up to 5 POS stations)
Lightspeed POS bietet die folgenden Funktionen:
Lightspeed POS hat die folgenden typischen Kunden:
Mittlere Unternehmen, Kleine Unternehmen
Lightspeed POS unterstützt die folgenden Sprachen:
Niederländisch, Englisch, Französisch, Deutsch, Spanisch
Lightspeed POS hat folgende Preismodelle:
Einmalige Lizenz, Abonnement
Lightspeed POS unterstützt die folgenden Geräte:
Lightspeed POS kann in folgende Anwendungen integriert werden:
Bitium, Deputy, Justuno, Loyalzoo, Lumiary, Mailjet, Marketman Restaurant Inventory, SimpliField, Stitch Labs, Ximble
Lightspeed POS bietet folgende Optionen für Kundensupport:
Häufig gestellte Fragen, Forum, Wissensdatenbank, Online-Support, Telefon-Support, Video-Anleitungen