WorkflowMax, a Xero-owned product, is used by more than 10,000 businesses all over the world, providing a total cloud-based business solution for construction firms, creative agencies, architects, engineers, surveyors, lawyers, IT companies, consultants and anyone else who bills by time.
Complex quotes and invoices can be created in minutes and pushed out electronically to your clients. With a click of a button your client can accept a quote, and this becomes a job in WorkflowMax. Your team can now track their time against this job, even when they’re out in the field, and you can manage job milestones and keep track of who is working on what. When the job is complete, you can quickly send out the invoice, track how your company is performing with clever reports, and switch over to your accounting software to find all the job details have been added … automagically.
Because WorkflowMax is on the cloud, you can be anywhere in the world and still be able to manage your business. Check timesheets and send invoices from the Amazon jungle or the beach in Bali.
WorkflowMax integrates with more than 30 other systems, including Xero accounting - meaning all invoices created in WorkflowMax are seamlessly pushed into Xero.
With WorkflowMax taking care of all your admin and job management needs, you can spend your time working on the business, rather than IN the business.
In our role as cloud app integrators and implementation experts, WorkflowMax is an essential app in Link Solutions' toolkit. We recommend it over and above any other workflow management app, and use it daily within our own business.
The depth of features is significant and can be easily adapted to suit most business processes. The flow from lead management right through delivery and then to invoicing saves countless hours of administration and can deliver significant improvements to service delivery.
Being a Xero company, the integration with Xero is understandably robust and extensive, and other useful add-on integrations are available. For example, at Link, we use Zendesk to manage our support tickets, and we're able to track our time in Zendesk and have this flow through to WorkflowMax timesheets with associated notes for reporting and billing.
Put simply, we think WorkflowMax is a great system that offers exceptional value for money.
* Flexible and extensive feature set that can manage most business processes
* General ease of use - while there are some traps for beginners, these are understable given the depth of features available
* It's a Xero company, and benefits from the association in terms of a strong integration, customer support standards, and ongoing development
* Pricing is excellent and suits a range of businesses from small operators through to large enterprises
* Significant job and task templating abilities allow multiple activity streams to be systematised within one application
* Powerful reporting engine with the ability to extend with custom reports
* Retentions and variations can be difficult to manage for construction companies
* Inventory management is non-existent, which while understandable in a workflow management app does limit use for service-based firms that also provide product
* The mobile app could do with further extensions to the range of features available
* If you are looking for a fully featured CRM that you need to integrate with a email marketing system (like Mailchimp) you may need to use a standalone app
Workflow max helps to solve the issue of effective invoicing of time worked on each client. Workflow max has also helped our firm when it comes to GST time - the way workflow max integrates with Xero makes filing GST returns with Inland Revenue very simple, and lets you easily keep track of GST returns and to make sure that all returns have been filed before the due date.
- Workflowmax has the ability to let the user create and design their own reports, which can come in very handy for workflow planning purposes. Saves staff all trying to navigate through a single spreadsheet!
- This is an effective program to record staff hours, which also allocates your time entries to the jobs you are working on, which helps when it comes time to bill clients.
- The tax alerts on the dashboard are a good way to double check tax returns after they have been assessed by IRD, which is a good reminder to check any returns that have been assessed as different as it raises a red flag and makes you look into it.
The custom reporting can be a bit hard to navigate around, especially for any newcomers to the system.
I am the director of Right Brain Insights, and CFO for a company called T3 Group – T3 Facility Services Pty Ltd. I help SMEs use data to clarify their strategic direction and boost their business performance. In the case of T3 Group, that’s what we’ve been able to do with WorkflowMax.
Eleven months ago, the only thing that could be vaguely understood was total sales to a client. However, in order to understand the cost base and truly drive profit, and link it back to our goals, we needed to be able to break down jobs, and their cost, as well as give the guys one site and the guys in the office something that could allow them to be far more efficient and far more effective at what they needed to do.
We looked at WorkflowMax, GeoOp and Connect2Field. WorkflowMax is just a standout, across these in terms of its reporting, its connection with Xero, and its detail.
We needed to have really good insights over our cash flow going forward. We use WorkflowMax to strip out a pipeline, so we can see cashflow into the future based on job activity. Our target used to be $50,000 a month, it’s now $325,000 minimum and rising. We would not have been able to hit that growth without WorkflowMax.
There used to be a fairly substantial lag in invoicing. It used to be around a 14-day delay from the end of a job to actually invoicing it. That’s come down to basically 24, at most 48 hours. We pretty much invoice as soon as the job’s finished. That’s been a really, really tight process and something that’s really cool when you link WorkflowMax to Xero.
In January our accounts receivable days was roughly 65 and our accounts payable was roughly 40. We’ve now switched that where our accounts receivable, on average, is about 45 days and our payable is about 48. So being able to switch that and stay on top of it has had a really, really powerful impact.
We’re just becoming more organised. So we are doing things far more efficiently. We are, through a system like this, becoming more account
- Customised reporting & data fields
- Real-time tracking
- Xero connection
- Pricing (so much cheaper than GeoOp & Connect 2 Field at the time we researched)
- Backed by Xero
- Dashboard design. Could be cleaner, maybe customisable
- Not life or death, but stronger connection on the cost side. i.e. 'spend money' type transactions linking to Xero.
As Certified Implementation Partners, we have implemented and trained WorkflowMax for over sixty clients in the UK. Industries have included Creative Agencies, Architects & Engineers, Ecologists, Training Companies and General Consultancy firms.
WorkflowMax is highly flexible and every client will tend to use it slightly differently. Some of the key things our clients like about WorkflowMax
1. Easy time entry - Especially the weekly time grid where you can then easily track who has/hasn't submitted time if using the 'Submit Time'sheet' feature.
2. The ability to develop attractive quotes and proposals.
3. Being able to pull processes and systems together in a centralised location. Often clients are holding project information in lots of different locations/spreadsheets around the office.
4. Huge flexibility through the custom reporting and being able to quickly see Project Profitability.
5. 'Talks' nicely to Xero your Accounting Software, sending through invoices and supplier invoices.
6. Great Value for Money when taking into account the breadth of features.
1. Capacity Planning. There is a Staff Availability grid, but time must be clearly allocated to staff and tasks for this to provide meaningful and accurate information.
2. Expenses Tracking. There are various options for Expense Tracking such as bulk purchase orders, but could be clearer and easier to use.
If the support team fixes the timer issue, this would be the project management tool to go with hands down.
I like how the product has a timer that you can time your tasks against with start and stop timer functionality and see how much time you have spent on your project and each task. I like that it has Xero integration as well.
I don't like that the timer has bugs where maybe one out of every ten times that you attempt to stop the timer after finishing timing a job, it completely forgets the time that was recorded against it and resets the time to a lower time for some unknown reason. I have contacted support about this issue countless times but have always been pushed away even after following requests to send through supporting testing data.
1 User - US$15/month
5 Users - US$49/month
10 Users - US$99/month (Most popular)
20 Users - US$149/month
Unlimited Users - US$199/month
Add WorkflowMax's Lead Manager (CRM) module for $15 extra per month.
WorkflowMax is the best-in-class job/workflow management software for your service business, trusted by 10,000+ businesses globally.
1. All-in-one software - Most tools do one or two things and usually don’t integrate with each other. WorkflowMax’s suite of tools work together seamlessly, letting you focus on getting stuff done, not on cobbling together different tools.
Leads, quotes, time tracking, job management, invoicing - WorkflowMax does it all. Enter your data once, and it follows you through the job right to the invoice stage.
2. Access anywhere, anytime: The power of the cloud means you use WorkflowMax when and where it suits you. Your staff can track time on the client's site, or you can keep an eye on how jobs are progressing from your boat.
3. WorkflowMax mobile app: Now it's even easier to manage your jobs on the go with the native iOS and Android apps. User-friendly and intuitive, you can use quick swipe gestures to work effortlessly from wherever you are.
4. Complete transparency & visibility: Because all the data is real-time - you can see where every job in your business is at, who is doing what, and when you can schedule in more work. Use this data to give more accurate quotes and keep clients informed of progress.
5. Powerful Reporting: With Reports, you can get actionable insights on your business. With a few clicks you can find out the net profitability on any job, or which invoices are still outstanding.
6. Xero owned & integrated: WorkflowMax integrates with Xero accounting - providing a beautiful, seamless software solution you can trust. Invoices, purchase orders and other information flow seamlessly between Xero and WorkflowMax, helping you to get paid faster and giving you a complete business solution.
6. Integration with over 30 Add-ons: WorkflowMax integrates with more than just Xero. Using WorkflowMax as the core of your business, you can integrate it with your accounting, payroll, customer support, staff scheduling and other add-on solutions.
No more messy spreadsheets, no more lost files, no more undercharging. WorkflowMax gives you control of your business with just the push of a button.
There's so much more to WorkflowMax - and it’s easy to get started with a free trial.
Start changing the way you do business.
From tracking jobs and managing timesheets, to sending invoices and purchase order requests, the job of a business owner is never done. WorkflowMax is an all-in-one project management solution that provides service businesses with everything they need to manage projects and typical business workflows.
Built for small to medium-size service businesses, WorkflowMax has integrated dozens of workflow management tools to bring together fragmented information in a centralized, web-based platform. An end-to-end solution, WorkflowMax handles everything from leads to quotes, timesheets, job tracking, project management, documents, purchase orders, invoicing, reporting, and seamless integration with Xero Accounting software.
Designed to empower service businesses to better handle projects, WorkflowMax has combined dozens of powerful business management tools into one centralized platform. Leads, quotes, timesheets, job costing, project management, purchase orders, invoicing and reporting can all be managed from within WorkflowMax. Additionally, a deep integration with Xero means that WorkflowMax users are able to push sales invoices & purchase orders into their accounting software giving them a real-time insight into their business cash-flow. With more than 25 other software partners, businesses can add-on additional functionality such as CRM software (Salesforce), payroll software, customer support software (Zendesk), and document storage (Dropbox & Box).
Quotes, jobs, timesheets, and invoices are all converted seamlessly, which means WorkflowMax users don’t have to waste time manually entering client and service data more than once. When a job is complete, WorkflowMax users are also able to measure individual client or job profitability, and they can quickly determine whether particular clients are being over or under-serviced. For business owners who prefer billing throughout their projects, rather than at the end, WorkflowMax offers tools to track time against estimates, as well.
WorkflowMax provides users with a way to track leads, proposals, and sales from an integrated pipeline. Managers are able to track how their sales teams are performing, and they can actually see what leads are talking about through integrated email conversations.
From the Sales Pipeline Management Dashboard, you can view current leads by category or staff. You can also see how many leads you’ve won for the month, and you can find out exactly which employees are bringing the most new business into your company.
Using WorkflowMax’s quoting tools, service businesses are able to generate accurate estimates quickly that can be sent to clients via email from within the software. Customizable templates can be designed for specific industries, and they can be formatted to include professional branding elements like logos. Businesses can also use their own markup percentages for better control over the final prices that clients see.
With a single click, you can populate a quote using all of the lead’s details. Next, design your own quote template using WorkflowMax’s tools. Once this is created, you’ll be able to easily generate additional quotes in the future. Each quote that you create will include a quote number and terms and conditions, and you can separate out individual tasks for better transparency when communicating with clients.
When you win the job, simply click a button and WorkflowMax transforms the data from the quote into a job, which you can then track time against. WorkflowMax provides you with tools for seeing the status of each of your quotes, which means you can follow up when necessary or close out quotes when the time has come.
One of the biggest problems service businesses face is how to keep an accurate account of the amount of time each portion of a job takes. WorkflowMax allows you to assign a certain amount of hours to each job. You’ll receive notifications when that time is nearly used up.
There are six different options for time tracking, including a timer, start and finish time, duration, mobile site when you’re on the go, and an Adobe widget that tracks time from within the creative suite. Team members can see a weekly overview of their jobs, and managers can lock timesheets and see who is working on what. When a job is complete, an invoice can be generated from the timesheet with a couple of clicks.
With the WorkflowMax mobile site, your team can see job details and enter time while out on site. They can also contact clients or suppliers direct from their mobile interface. A great tool for construction companies, consultants, engineers and other site-based teams.
WorkflowMax enables your company to manage a project from end to end, and collaborate with team members, clients, and contractors. Clients and customers can log in to see the status of their jobs and add notes or access documents. You can control permissions to keep all your client data private and secure.
On the Job Tracking manager, you can see the status of each job in progress, and how many hours a job is taking against the estimate. You can track milestones and flip to a calendar view to see when important dates are coming up.
Any emails sent about a job can be tagged with the job number, and will automatically be stored in WorkflowMax. Documents can also be uploaded against a job, and you can add additional collaboration features by synching WorkflowMax up with document management apps like Box, DropBox and Google Drive.
Job costing software helps service businesses understand where they’re making and losing money, so there aren’t any surprises at the end of the month. WorkflowMax, in particular, is useful because it lets businesses know how their estimated costs are comparing to the actual costs of specific jobs.
It’s very simple to see a financial summary for any job your team has taken on. In addition, to the estimated cost and the quoted cost, you’ll see a breakdown of the actual cost based on the time your team has spent working on the project. If additional supplies are necessary to complete a specific job, you’ll be able to pay purchase orders directly thanks to WorkflowMax’s integration with Xero.
One of the ways that WorkflowMax stands apart from competitors is by offering its users a way to track purchase orders against particular jobs to keep track of costs. Specifically, service businesses are able to separate out items in their purchase orders across multiple projects or jobs. This helps businesses avoid manually entering purchase order data more than once.
Not every business raises purchase orders. In that case, WorkflowMax is super flexible as it allows users to receive supplier invoices without creating a purchase order.
You can raise purchase orders and send them to suppliers via email. You can also receipt supplier invoices either in full or in part.
Thanks to WorkflowMax’s seamless two-way sync with Xero, when you raise purchase orders in WorkflowMax and add them as job costs as you receipt invoices, these are automatically pushed into Xero accounting software for payment, removing the pain of double entry.
WorkflowMax gives businesses total control over how their invoices look, what information they choose to include and also how the invoice is raised. You can invoice by actual time and costs, percentage of quoted value, quoted/estimated time or by costs or progress amount/deposit. In addition to adding custom branding elements, users can include staff, times, and rates on their invoices. They can also issue multi-job invoices.
Depending on the type of business you run, you may have certain employees who charge more for their hourly services than others. WorkflowMax is able to take issues like this into account, with tools for setting different hourly rates for team members. You can also override rates for tasks, clients, or jobs, which means you have 100% control over the contents of your business invoices.
Sometimes staff take longer in completing a job than expecting but you don’t have the luxury to charge extra from the client straight away, but you may do in future. For these scenarios, you have the ability to control the hours you bill by having the ability to write off time from an invoice, bill it in future or add extra hours to any of your staff.
Once the invoice is ready to be sent, you can either send it from WorkflowMax as an email from within the software or you can push it seamlessly to Xero accounting software.
With all the data about leads, quotes, time, jobs, and costings entered into WorkflowMax, you can use the software to gain valuable business insights. WorkflowMax allows you to run a series of built-in reports or create your own custom reports to slice and dice your data however you like.
You can find out how much money you make from different types of jobs or client categories, see how productive each staff member is, generate a report of unpaid invoices, get a tally of the amount of money you’ve generated in a month, and see the time you’ve written off for a particular client. You can also add custom fields to clients, jobs and leads, so you can draw out the exact information you need.
With Xero and WorkflowMax working together, you have a complete end-to-end business product. When you create a sales invoice in WorkflowMax, you can push that data through to Xero. Payments in Xero are automatically synced with the corresponding invoice in WorkflowMax, giving you an accurate picture of productivity per job.
You can also use the Xero/WorkflowMax integration to send purchase orders and receipt supplier invoices in WorkflowMax. These are the automatically pushed into Xero for payment. Data moves between the systems automatically, eliminating double-handling, and enabling you to get an accurate view of your business on either platform.
WorkflowMax offers complete integration with Xero accounting, which means that users are able to send invoices to their customers via email and also put those invoices into Xero at the exact same time.
Beyond its deep integration with Xero, WorkflowMax also integrates with Salesforce, along with a number of off-the-shelf job management applications, including Zendesk, Box, MoneyWorks, MYOB, WFM Plan, Actual, EndGame, Freshdesk, Smoothpay, and many others.
Service businesses can sign up for monthly pricing plans without being locked in to any long-term contracts. Monthly plans range in price from $15 to $199 per month. Users can upgrade to WorkflowMax Premium, which includes additional KPI and Productivity dashboards, along with the ability to import invoices from Xero, for $50 extra per month.
All-in-one project management solution, trusted by more than 5,000 businesses
Built for small to medium-size service businesses
Handles leads, quotes, time sheets, job tracking, purchase orders, invoicing, reporting, and document management
Strong in the financial management of client jobs
Lets businesses design their own workflows
Weiter unter folgen häufig gestellte Fragen über WorkflowMax.
WorkflowMax bietet folgende Kostenpläne an:
Beginnt ab: $15/Monat
Kostenlose Testversion: Verfügbar
1 User - US$15/month
5 Users - US$49/month
10 Users - US$99/month (Most popular)
20 Users - US$149/month
Unlimited Users - US$199/month
Add WorkflowMax's Lead Manager (CRM) module for $15 extra per month.
WorkflowMax bietet die folgenden Funktionen:
WorkflowMax hat die folgenden typischen Kunden:
Mittlere Unternehmen, Kleine Unternehmen
WorkflowMax unterstützt die folgenden Sprachen:
WorkflowMax hat folgende Preismodelle:
WorkflowMax unterstützt die folgenden Geräte:
WorkflowMax kann in folgende Anwendungen integriert werden:
APE Mobile, Deputy, Exsalerate CRM, FileInvite, Freshdesk, HubSpot Marketing, Practice Ignition, RESULTS.com, Time Doctor, Xero
WorkflowMax bietet folgende Optionen für Kundensupport:
Häufig gestellte Fragen, Forum, Wissensdatenbank, Online-Support, Video-Anleitungen